20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 64.
#1501 3 years ago

Epic and incredible collection, Jared! Enviable on all levels! And coincidentally, I once had Vanilla Ice-cream at my birthday party! Also some cake....

I'd just like to say that when I heard Jody was having Nickelodeon in to pitch the 87 TMNT license (he and I are also HUGE fans as are innumerable members of Stern) I wanted to immediately throw my hat in the ring! I played it cool and thankfully was hit up after that meeting by Dwight and then later John to gauge my thoughts & interest. It was easy - this is the equivalent of Ghostbusters for my age range (ok 'and younger' as I am quite immature) - it's a grail theme to me.

So, while I owe John & Dwight a debt of gratitude for bringing me onto this team, we all owe Jody for pushing this license and making it all happen. He's very good at that stuff!

And as an aside - I know some of you think it's too kiddie - but if you followed the Turtles you'd realize that was a defining differentiation and unique to this version of them. THis cartoon is why we got the movies and subsequent cartoons and as a child of that era, I wanted to distill the essence of that which includes HAPPY FUN-LOVING Turtles. In this day and age, I thought other's might want that too - fwiw.

So blame me for staying true to the license - but don't knock the game till you try it - it's something very special and I'm honored to be a part of it!

Now tune in to the stream tonight and prepare to smile!

thanks - z

Quoted from Jared:

29 years after the first pinball release, and 6 since years since I left being an active pinside member to go work for Stern, we finally have a new TMNT machine. Since 2014 this has been a focus of mine.
I flipped the game in September of 2019, and I had goosebumps. On the premium there are 4 levels of ball travel, like judge dredd. And the sound package is unbelievable. Y’all are going to love it.
TMNT is my personal passion, some of you will remember I actually hired Vanilla Ice himself to perform at my 30th birthday party in front of 1500 people.
This game was done right. If you loved the original animated series or playmates toys, or just great FUN pinball, you’ll love this machine. Make sure to tune into the live gameplay reveal tonight, and make up your own decision.
I bought a Limited Edition for myself. No way on earth I was not going to be one of the 500 people in that elite collectors club.
Keep flippin’ pinside. Im always around.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Epic and incredible collection, Jared! Enviable on all levels! And coincidentally, I once had Vanilla Ice-cream at my birthday party! Also some cake....
I'd just like to say that when I heard Jody was having Nickelodeon in to pitch the 87 TMNT license (he and I are also HUGE fans as are innumerable members of Stern) I wanted to immediately throw my hat in the ring! I played it cool and thankfully was hit up after that meeting by Dwight and then later John to gauge my thoughts & interest. It was easy - this is the equivalent of Ghostbusters for my age range (ok 'and younger' as I am quite immature) - it's a grail theme to me.
So, while I owe John & Dwight a debt of gratitude for bringing me onto this team, we all owe Jody for pushing this license and making it all happen. He's very good at that stuff!
And as an aside - I know some of you think it's too kiddie - but if you followed the Turtles you'd realize that was a defining differentiation and unique to this version of them. THis cartoon is why we got the movies and subsequent cartoons and as a child of that era, I wanted to distill the essence of that which includes HAPPY FUN-LOVING Turtles. In this day and age, I thought other's might want that too - fwiw.
So blame me for staying true to the license - but don't knock the game till you try it - it's something very special and I'm honored to be a part of it!
thanks - z

Can’t wait! I’m digging it.

#1503 3 years ago

Jared, I was a mega obsessed Turtle nerd so I appreciate your passion for this project, but are you allowed to tell us why the original cast wasn’t hired to do the voices? They’re all alive & working except for James Avery (RIP Uncle
Phil!)

#1504 3 years ago

The baby turtles in the drain lane are adorable great!

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

thanks - z

Guys I appreciate the passion as I share the same love for this series so in that spirit, please allow us to use pinbrowser again so we can just replace that terrible new theme song with the original along with original tmnt voice actor clips?

EDIT - I would just take the theme at this point.....that's most imperative.

Peace And love

Thanks for ensuring this was based off 1987. Thanks!

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Pardon me if i missed it, but is there internet connectivity?

Not yet, but it can likely be yours soon for the low-low price of $499.97 as an add-on.

#1507 3 years ago

Really looking forward to the LE only custom song!

Stern Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Pinball in a plywood shell
Stern power!!

They're the world's oldest pinball fighting machine
(We're really hip!)
They're heroes in a half-shell and they're also a global lifestyle brand
(Hey, get a grip!)
When the evil Kaneda attacks
These Stern boys don't cut him no slack!

Gary taught them to be ninja teens
(He's a radical rat!)
Gomez leads, Dwight does machines
(That's a fact, Jersey Jack!)
Steve is cool but rude (Gimme a break!)
Lyman is a party dude (Party!)

Pinball in a plywood shell
Stern power!!

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

are you talking about the facebook drama between Jack Danger and Zach? holy cow that escalated quickly!!

I've been out of the loop. Would you be kind enough to give full details?

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Switch on left inlane starts 1-2-3 mode and the one on right inlane collects a weapon.

The left wireform actually feeds an inlane with "weapon" just like the right one.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jared, I was a mega obsessed Turtle nerd so I appreciate your passion for this project, but are you allowed to tell us why the original cast wasn’t hired to do the voices? They’re all alive & working except for James Avery (RIP Uncle
Phil!)

I think it was at the licensor's request - don't quote me on it - but it wasn't for not trying. I don't know all the details - but I can tell you that legitimately the voice work is perfect from all that I've encountered! In fact - this is the BEST 'Uncle Phil' voice work I've ever heard - so Shredder is flawless to my ears. You'll hear on the stream tonight I'm sure and you can judge it for yourself.

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They're heroes in a half-shell and they're also a global lifestyle brand

The only line you needed to type. Bravo.

#1512 3 years ago

Whats the street price for these?

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Whats the street price for these?

I answered a couple pages back but I was quoted $5700, $7400, $8800

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I appreciate the passion as I share the same love for this series so in that spirit, please allow us to use pinbrowser again so we can just replace that terrible new theme song with the original along with original tmnt voice actor clips?
Peace And love

I legitimately know nothing abut that side of things - but I'll pass it along!

#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet, but it can likely be yours soon for the low-low price of $499.97 as an add-on.

Really?

#1516 3 years ago

No idea, but wouldn't be surprised.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

You did it right. You'll never make everyone happy, but if you're going to do "the one" that gets the most people in their happy zone what you did is it.

I'm a fan of the Eastman and Laird OG red headband turtles myself, with the scratchy linework and more expressive faces. But that's old man minority talk, it wouldn't go over well with so many people.

Bright colors, the happy go lucky turtles, you hit all the right notes imo. Be nice if people could just appreciate things when they're obviously done with love and attention. Save your criticism for thing that were phoned in and done without thought, this clearly ain't that.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I legitimately know nothing abut that side of things - but I'll pass it along!

That’s all I can ask. I’m in NIB. Thanks!

#1519 3 years ago

Except that there are double inlanes on the left, one is also for "weapon" and thats where the ball gets dropped into, so you can't use the diverter for choosing weapon or 1-2-3... Would have made sense though...

EDIT: Someone else beat me to it I see

The real purpose of diverter is to ensure one of two inlane switches is hit. Switch on left inlane starts 1-2-3 mode and the one on right inlane collects a weapon. So depending on which of those you want, use the diverter to make it happen. On the pro model, you have to shoot the right ramp to get a right inlane switch and repeat left for left inlane switch.
Think I can live with the lack of this diverter on the pro version, just fine. TMNT pro may be the way to go for me, and aiming for Spring 2021 timeframe. Should give me plenty of time to save money.

#1520 3 years ago

The Pro's ability to hold a ball on the wire ramps interests me. The Premium/LE diverter looks like fun, though as mentioned, the Pro owner can always shoot the correct ramp to get to the in-lane of their choice but stopping a ball on the wire ramp during a multiball on the Pro potentially gives the player a greater level of control. I can't wait to play this machine in person.

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

For those complaining about the mono targets. Stranger things has drop targets that add so little to the game. Like it's laughable how much more is in ninja turtles than the last 2 games. I'll take mono targets and whats in ninja turtles versus drop targets and whats not in stranger things any day of the week.
[quoted image]

I would hope so. They had a head start on the basic layout.

tmnt (resized).JPGtmnt (resized).JPG
#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You did it right. You'll never make everyone happy, but if you're going to do "the one" that gets the most people in their happy zone what you did is it.
I'm a fan of the Eastman and Laird OG red headband turtles myself, with the scratchy linework and more expressive faces. But that's old man minority talk, it wouldn't go over well with so many people.
Bright colors, the happy go lucky turtles, you hit all the right notes imo. Be nice if people could just appreciate things when they're obviously done with love and attention. Save your criticism for thing that were phoned in and done without thought, this clearly ain't that.

I think the overall view has been positive regarding art. They definitely picked the right style. Yes you have the old men who say it’s childish but those guys are throw aways as is. Zombie did a fine job.

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The left wireform actually feeds an inlane with "weapon" just like the right one.

You are correct that both wireforms give you weapon and I can see there is no advantage to collecting it on either side now. This reinforces the functionality of the pro model and idea that you aren’t missing much. I am not going to lie and say that was smart, in fact, it is probably a design flaw. If the inlanes offered different options, the diverter could have been used in a strategic way. As implemented, the functionality is wasted.

5FD6C769-7631-4CFB-A0F0-A969DABAA778.png5FD6C769-7631-4CFB-A0F0-A969DABAA778.png

#1524 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

And as an aside - I know some of you think it's too kiddie - but if you followed the Turtles you'd realize that was a defining differentiation and unique to this version of them. THis cartoon is why we got the movies and subsequent cartoons and as a child of that era, I wanted to distill the essence of that which includes HAPPY FUN-LOVING Turtles. In this day and age, I thought other's might want that too - fwiw. - z

I love what you did and as a TMNT nut (I was on AMC’s “Comic Book Men” for the episode buying original Turtle comics), I totally agree with the original cartoon being the design, and, almost moreso the marketing/packaging, and logo work of the time that really is/has the staying power across the life of the turtles. You did an awesome job. Wish I could buy all the translites when I buy the 1 machine, but had to with the Pro.
Heard the podcast and I can’t wait to see what you do with Nick in the future on TMNT . Please keep us in the loop whenever you can.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

The Pro's ability to hold a ball on the wire ramps interests me. The Premium/LE diverter looks like fun, though as mentioned, the Pro owner can always shoot the correct ramp to get to the in-lane of their choice but stopping a ball on the wire ramp during a multiball on the Pro potentially gives the player a greater level of control. I can't wait to play this machine in person.

I agree. What how does it work. Hopefully that’s answered tonight.

Kudos to stern for showing gameplay day of release. THANK YOU!

#1526 3 years ago

So Much to Like here! Great News to have a New Game coming out.
The Art is fantastic, and Jared got his wish!

Congrats to those who will be adding to their home.....I look forward to playing!

I dont think it will replace anything here at home though, I guess Im spoiled.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

EDIT - I would just take the theme at this point.....that's most imperative.
Peace And love

I'm surprised it was not done sooner. No manufacturer likes people hacking into their ip and having free will. Not only could you do damage and claim warranty but it has to be a liability as well. Not sure if Stern would be at fault if someone routed a game with altered music/sounds but not good in Stern's eyes. Just saying.

#1528 3 years ago

You are correct that both wireforms give you weapon and I can see there is no advantage to collecting it on either side now. This reinforces the functionality of the pro model and idea that you aren’t missing much. I am not going to lie and say that was smart, in fact, it is probably a design flaw. If the inlanes offered different options, the diverter could have been used in a strategic way. As implemented, the functionality is wasted.
[quoted image]

Functionality is HUGE with the diverter. The first time you hit a left ramp jackpot and have the last jackpot on the left orbit you will see.

I'm wondering if it'll have unlimited uses. It's almost like cheating.

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I think it was at the licensor's request - don't quote me on it - but it wasn't for not trying. I don't know all the details - but I can tell you that legitimately the voice work is perfect from all that I've encountered! In fact - this is the BEST 'Uncle Phil' voice work I've ever heard - so Shredder is flawless to my ears. You'll hear on the stream tonight I'm sure and you can judge it for yourself.

Thanks ZY! Looking forward to it.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

29 years after the first pinball release, and 6 since years since I left being an active pinside member to go work for Stern, we finally have a new TMNT machine. Since 2014 this has been a focus of mine.
I flipped the game in September of 2019, and I had goosebumps. On the premium there are 4 levels of ball travel, like judge dredd. And the sound package is unbelievable. Y’all are going to love it.
TMNT is my personal passion, some of you will remember I actually hired Vanilla Ice himself to perform at my 30th birthday party in front of 1500 people.
This game was done right. If you loved the original animated series or playmates toys, or just great FUN pinball, you’ll love this machine. Make sure to tune into the live gameplay reveal tonight, and make up your own decision.
I bought a Limited Edition for myself. No way on earth I was not going to be one of the 500 people in that elite collectors club.
Keep flippin’ pinside. Im always around.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Based on those pics I assume you are a fan of the show, LOL! Looks like a great collection. Really cool to see people who have so much passion about something so fun.

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Functionality is HUGE with the diverter. The first time you hit a left ramp jackpot and have the last jackpot on the left orbit you will see.

but conversely, you can just shoot the left ramp to collect, no? Whether you are talking about collecting the inlane switch or the ramp itself, either ramp is easy to shoot. That’s what I am saying, the diverter is nice, but you can just shoot the ramp or inlane switch you want, and not miss out.

#1532 3 years ago

pinmaster (resized).pngpinmaster (resized).png

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I wonder if the diverted will always be active or if it needs to be earned? And if it is sometimes overridden/controlled by the machine?

Also how many villains are in this?

#1534 3 years ago

but conversely, you can just shoot the left ramp to collect, no? Whether you are talking about collecting the inlane switch or the ramp itself, either ramp is easy to shoot. That’s what I am saying, the diverter is nice, but you can just shoot the ramp or inlane switch you want, and not miss out.

I think he means that when you have a jackpot on the left ramp and a jackpot on the left orbit, it's beneficial to be able to make sure that if you hit the left ramp it will divert the ball to the right flipper so you can make the left orbit right away without having to get the ball from the left flipper to the right flipper first.

#1535 3 years ago

I mean you could also just hold up the flipper and pass the ball over... just saying.

#1536 3 years ago

Looks like they're streaming an LE.

TMNT LE (resized).jpgTMNT LE (resized).jpg

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I mean you could also just hold up the flipper and pass the ball over... just saying.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Simple to do both this and post passes on modern Sterns. Would still be fun to utilize the diverter but I don't foresee a ton of strategic benefit from it.

#1538 3 years ago

I think Hobbit is definitely the king of drops because not only do you get drops in the front and stand ups in the back Keith can individual control all of them - and he has code for both the drops AND the stand up as well. Crazy...How many drops? 11 and 9 standups

Controlled drops are cool, but I'd give the drop target crown to Centaur, which had controlled drops almost 40 years ago. And they didn't make a horrible ratcheting sound either. That pin was way ahead of its time.

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Well you can but why go through all that trouble of holding a button when shortly hitting a button on the lockbar gives the same result?
To be fair i don't see the use either but I'm sure there's going to be something in the code that makes it an actual useful feature

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'd give the drop target crown to Centaur, which had controlled drops almost 40 years ago.

I'd give it to Panthera. Twelve controlled drops well integrated into the ruleset. Also 40 years ago.

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Looks like they're streaming an LE.
[quoted image]

Was he married to Ben in the past?

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

Well you can but why go through all that trouble of holding a button when shortly hitting a button on the lockbar gives the same result?
To be fair i don't see the use either but I'm sure there's going to be something in the code that makes it an actual useful feature

Holding the flipper up also reduces momentum, so now you have a ball trapped on the opposite side instead of having to hit a ball at high speed if the diverted was used.

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

thanks - z

The inserts on this game don't seemed to be incorporated as cohesively as they have been on your past titles. Was something different with the design process for this title? PS: You are my favorite pinball artist, so I hope you don't take that as a knock.

#1544 3 years ago

Since I haven't seen it posted I will point out the Pro Manual is on the Stern site and has a playfield diagram that shows some hard to see from the photo details.

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

are you talking about the facebook drama between Jack Danger and Zach? holy cow that escalated quickly!!

Can someone explain more what happened please? I don't have Facebook and yet am nosey. Lol

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I'll take mono targets and whats in ninja turtles versus drop targets and whats not in stranger things any day of the week.
[quoted image]

False logic. We don't need to accept mono targets in order to get an otherwise feature-rich pin. See Maiden, Black Knight, Jurassic, Deadpool, Aerosmith, etc.

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for the podcast update. That pretty much confirms the same redone garbage for the theme song used in 1up arcade is the one used here (paging rarehero - if you hated that one, you'll need to hate this one).
I'm fine with that but don't be dicks and block pinbrowser from replacing that garbage. Also - Stern....don't say you're using the ORIGINAL theme and then give us this redone nonsense. False advertising.
Otherwise, the rest of the sounds/music seem good from what I can tell - but that's a big bummer with the BS theme.
I'm curious what this 4 levels of travel are on Premium vs the pro. The diverter does nothing for me but if for some reason there are more MBs or the premium has more ramps, that would be something but not from what I can tell.
Def not the homerun I was hoping for but they checked enough of the critical boxes for me to go in on a pro. Really excited to see it tonight. Hopefully both are shown.

I can deal with the theme being off but damn those call outs are bad. Not even close to how the Turtles sound.

#1548 3 years ago

Something to check out until the reveal stream starts - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DEEP DIVE!!

In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!

Overview | Price | Who’s Who | Production | Features | Rules and Code

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/
100954461_10158559796259244_163660351584337920_o (resized).jpg100954461_10158559796259244_163660351584337920_o (resized).jpg

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I can deal with the theme being off but damn those call outs are bad. Not even close to how the Turtles sound.

There are four iterations of the turtles and their voices (two cartoons and the two movies). Sadly this is stern's, thus a fifth. So like it or not, this is now how they sound.

#1550 3 years ago

Okay Dwight, code should be pretty much complete for this game with the extra quarantine/lock down time. Time to change a spotty rep for the better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 16.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 300.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/31?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.