20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 64.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'm personally very impressed with what I'm seeing.

I don't know why people are complaining ... it looks like a solid game overall. I'm not into the theme personally, but it looks fun.

Quoted from Darscot:

They are so fucking lame, it's cost saving taken too far. Just seems like they are the norm now.

This is where I am starting to get upset with Stern ... they're getting *really* cheap. I don't mind that they strip a pro down for cost savings ... that's fine. I get it. They're going to mostly sell pros, so max out your profits there + less features = more reliability for operators since there are fewer things to go wrong. It's the cheeping out on LEs and Premiums that's starting to anger me.

I can't wait to see if there is a $300 add-on that is pretty much integral to the gameplay. I expect people will flip out (pun intended).

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The big targets take the skill out of hitting the objective. I won't buy a game with them.

Where is the switch? Is it as sensitive from the bottom to the top?

#1403 3 years ago

No I'm talking about things like "saw the standup target and immediate closed the video" and these other hardcore "I cannot accept this" type statements. Puh-lease.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Where is the switch? Is it as sensitive from the bottom to the top?

I think there’s one at each end tied together.

#1405 3 years ago

If you want to shoot real drop targets all day grab a Hobbit or some of those old EMs littered with them. I prefer shooting fun ramp shots and toys, a line of standups, drops, or an extra wide combo standup really is of no matter to me. If using those types of targets allow for Stern to push the budget in other areas, so be it!

#1406 3 years ago

Big targets haven't been a problem before.the witch target is big. The fuel target is big. Gotg has one. Maybe it is being cheap, maybe it is designed that way for good reason? Ee simply don't know yet.

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonikthehedgehog:

Anybody have any distributors they recommend?

Game Room Guys are right in your back yard. I have bought 10+ games from them over the last 3 years and never had any issues.

#1408 3 years ago

I think it looks great and looking up multiballs spinning them and random release, seems fun.

Unfortunately the theme is very much not for me, nor my kids.
I´m to old, and my kids are too young.

#1409 3 years ago

Having drops would be such a great addition to Prem LE... I don’t care much either way but there really is something so satisfying in nailing drops targets.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If you want to shoot real drop targets all day grab a Hobbit or some of those old EMs littered with them. I prefer shooting fun ramp shots and toys, a line of standups, drops, or an extra wide combo standup really is of no matter to me. If using those types of targets allow for Stern to push the budget in other areas, so be it!

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Calm down. This has happened before, the creator usually figures out what they changed and releases an update fixing the lockout. Just because it’s locked at the moment doesn’t mean it will be locked indefinitely. The sky is not falling.

Maybe you need to pay a little closer attention. This is not the normal block. Stern is intentionally doing this and the creator is getting sick of it and is not confident it can be broken. This stand still has been like this for some time and is MUCH longer than before.

As for the lack of drops/bigger targets - I see why guys aren't happy but for me, I really don't care. Not a deal breaker for me but stern cheapened out - not surprised.

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

are you talking about the facebook drama between Jack Danger and Zach? holy cow that escalated quickly!!

I hate facebook - is this TMNT related or some general beef?

#1412 3 years ago

Is there a live stream today? Whos doing it?

#1413 3 years ago

Maybe a stupid question, but I couldn't find that info: What time exactly (including time zone ) is DeadFlip gonna stream this tonight?

Really pumped, the leaks yesterday didn't get me excited, but the promo videos surely did ...

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Big targets haven't been a problem before

I've been knocking them for a while. They suck big time. Takes all skill out shooting a target bank. I'm surprised anyone would defend them.

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from Twiedel:

Maybe a stupid question, but I couldn't find that info: What time exactly (including time zone ) is DeadFlip gonna stream this tonight?
Really pumped, the leaks yesterday didn't get me excited, but the promo videos surely did ...

5 central, 6 eastern on his twitch channel

#1416 3 years ago

I'm not complaining about drop targets, just at least give us a target for each letter. This one giant target you just hit and on repeat and it spells out each letter is like training wheels on pinball and I'm not even that good.

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not complaining about drop targets, just at least give us a target for each letter. This one giant target you just hit and on repeat and it spells out each letter is like training wheels on pinball and I'm not even that good.

Exactly, its for the newer generation that likes things easy and handed to them.

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

5 central, 6 eastern on his twitch channel

Ok, so midnight for me ... means not a lot of sleep tonight, but I'm fine with that I guess ^^

#1419 3 years ago

People need to explicitly tell their distributors they’re not buying because of monotargets. (And then actually not buy). Without pushback Stern is just gonna keep mono-tizing everything they can get away with.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I won't necessarily defend but not a big deal for me. My MET has two targets side by side that do the same thing. FH has three targets for hotdog and they all do the same thing. Those targets don't really make or break a game imo. Like it not, Stern has to make cuts somewhere otherwise everything is a premium+.

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hate facebook - is this TMNT related or some general beef?

It was personal beef tied back to the TPN fall out and god knows what else. Lots of thinly veiled jabs, Zachs wife got involved too, then all 70 plus comments vanished.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I won't necessarily defend but not a big deal for me. My MET has two targets side by side that do the same thing. FH has three targets for hotdog and they all do the same thing. Those targets don't really make or break a game imo. Like it not, Stern has to make cuts somewhere otherwise everything is a premium+.

If there no rules that differentiate them, I don’t get the beef - but I’m sure the hate for them includes the desire for there to be rules that properly use individual targets. I’d expect non-skilled players like them, as well as ops (less to break; less to fix)

What I’m seeing in this thread is an obvious easy/cheap way stern could get more people to cough up for a premium or LE.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

People need to explicitly tell their distributors they’re not buying because of monotargets. (And then actually not buy). Without pushback Stern is just gonna keep mono-tizing everything they can get away with.

Good point. Are other Stern designers doing this, or just Borg? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good point. Are other Stern designers doing this, or just Borg? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Just Borg. He loves em.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The pro looked great until I saw the big mono-target for April. I shut the video off right then.
Edit: Just saw the Premium has them as well. Location only game for me.

Dang it, I was gonna just wait and buy your used premium!

#1426 3 years ago

Well ordered mine today - kids wanted. Do I sell anything off or just invest in collection this year.

#1427 3 years ago

He doesn't love them but its an easy way to get targets and functionality into the game for cheap and move the BOM to another mech that would have gotten the axe if he would have used individual targets.

Quoted from westofrome:

Just Borg. He loves em.

#1428 3 years ago

Uh oh, there's a TV on one of the inserts.

<Mod makers furiously begin 3D printing miniature, old style, CRT televisions and placing 1.5" LCD screens in them to play cartoon episodes on a loop>

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

<Mod makers furiously begin 3D printing miniature, old style, CRT televisions and placing 1.5" LCD screens in them to play cartoon episodes on a loop>

That wouldn't be too bad really

Love the TRON arcade cab mod - works extremely well in that pin!

As for the mono large target that does suck. I would like to have individual drop targets - or at least individual stand ups. I think Hobbit is definitely the king of drops because not only do you get drops in the front and stand ups in the back Keith can individual control all of them - and he has code for both the drops AND the stand up as well. Crazy...How many drops? 11 and 9 standups (not counting the mystery award and beorn)

As for the music - I prefer the original - but this new version doesn't seem tooooo bad...

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You act like these aren’t already readily available. Head on over to the marketplace page and ORDER NOW!

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

That wouldn't be too bad really
Love the TRON cab mod - works extremely well in that pin!

Sounds all fine and dandy, it does. But those screens are pointless since you really can't see what's happening on a 1.5" screen from 5' away, while playing a fast paced pinball machine.

Quoted from epthegeek:

You act like these aren’t already readily available. Head on over to the marketplace page and ORDER NOW!

Oh I'm well aware....just brace yourself for a new flood of them with TMNT clips pre-loaded instead of Simpsons or whatever.

#1432 3 years ago

I'd normally place an order right away for an LE, but seeing what happened with Strangers Things, I'm going to wait to see what surprise "add-ons" (that should have came with the game in the first place) are announced. Because I'd rather buy used with those parts installed then be the guy that gets nickeled and dimed with the new one.

Looks great but Stern's biz model has changed and so has the way I buy NIB.

#1433 3 years ago

Lolll one of the premium/LE features is that the disk can spin in both directions. That’s gonna be *super* noticeable

#1434 3 years ago

Has anyone ordered and gone through abt? https://www.abt.com/resources/pages/search.php?keywords=pinball? I'm in Chicago and they say they ship locally, but I've never bought from them before. I like they give some financing options making a NIB more feasible...

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Dang it, I was gonna just wait and buy your used premium!

Lol, it looks good minus those targets. I'll probably buy DP Premium next although nothing is really catching eye lately.

#1436 3 years ago

Was there any mention of online features/capability?

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

No unfortunately not. But maybe we’ll see later today

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

None. Heard it was delayed due to COVID.

#1439 3 years ago

I don't love the mono targets, but I was talking about them with a friend last night, and he very reasonably pointed out they're not really in a position to be big on skillful aiming anyways.

I think this is more of a case of not liking the principle of the thing than really seeing that much of a detraction from real gameplay.

I'd rather they were smaller, like the FUEL target in Metallica Prem/LE. I honestly have never once on my LE thought to myself "damn, I wish there were two separate targets on this like the Pro". Makes no difference to me. But when it's so wide I think it's easy to see how it could have been a real bank of targets.

#1440 3 years ago

Great to see Pinside getting back to normal--this place has been a shadow of its former self. Thank you, Stern, for putting out a new pin we can complain about before seeing or playing it...

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Lol, it looks good minus those targets. I'll probably buy DP Premium next although nothing is really catching eye lately.

DP Premium is great. I don't think you are missing out and you will enjoy the upgrade from the Pro you had.

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't love the mono targets, but I was talking about them with a friend last night, and he very reasonably pointed out they're not really in a position to be big on skillful aiming anyways.
I think this is more of a case of not liking the principle of the thing than really seeing that much of a detraction from real gameplay.
I'd rather they were smaller, like the FUEL target in Metallica Prem/LE. I honestly have never once on my LE thought to myself "damn, I wish there were two separate targets on this like the Pro". Makes no difference to me. But when it's so wide I think it's easy to see how it could have been a real bank of targets.

The supply/Blood Bath targets on Walking Dead seem to work pretty well as seperate targets in that position, and they require skillful shooting. I think mono targets are fine if they are used in the correct places, but as "main" shots on the playfield it just screams cost-cutting.

#1443 3 years ago

It true the pro disks only spins one way ? Or that something someone made up to b funny?

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It true the pro disks only spins one way ? Or that something someone made up to b funny?

It's true. It's listed in the feature matrix.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

COMPARE[quoted image]

It may have already been discussed. I'm catching up.
Is there something going on in the shooter lane area we arent seeing? The Turtle head plastic is in a different location (meaning a different bracket that I dont see Stern making needlessly) there is also clearly a gate on the premium but no obviously visible one on the pro. This pro is pretty stripped down. No Elwin pro that's for sure. Super pumped to watch gameplay tonight.

20200527_140840 (resized).jpg20200527_140840 (resized).jpg
#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The supply/Blood Bath targets on Walking Dead seem to work pretty well as seperate targets in that position, and they require skillful shooting. I think mono targets are fine if they are used in the correct places, but as "main" shots on the playfield it just screams cost-cutting.

Looks like the apron has lights like BKSOR...that’s a plus.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Is there something going on in the shooter lane area we arent seeing? The Turtle head plastic is in a different location (meaning a different bracket that I dont see Stern making needlessly) there is also clearly a gate on the premium but no obviously visible one on the pro. This pro is pretty stripped down. No Elwin pro that's for sure. Super pumped to watch gameplay tonight.
[quoted image]

Plunge on premium appears to go to the ramp and plunge on the pro goes to the orbit.

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Lift ramp on the pre/le?

#1449 3 years ago

Not a fan of a spinning disc mech because I just don't find them fun and would rather a more interesting toy was used. But in the case of TMNT, it's only there because it can be a spinning pizza, just like the first game. At least the spinning disc made sense, thematically, in Twister and X-Men.

Spinning disc is a huge regardless of which directions it spins.

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd have to assume the new song and voices are due to licensing. And I know those guys that voiced them in the 80's aren't still doing the voices.

But I want Uncle Phil to be Shredder.
R.I.P.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 22.00
10,500 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/29?hl=r00dvm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.