20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 64.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

And I know those guys that voiced them in the 80's aren't still doing the voices. Most likely using the current voices under the Nickelodeon contract

The original actors still do the original voices when hired. There’s a Honda commercial that features them.

They wouldn’t use the current voices because that’s an entirely different show.

Stern is using sound alikes based on the 80s show that this theme is based on. We’ll get to judge how they sound when the stream happens today.

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, we have a TMTN pin theme, and no subway feature !?

I was picturing it like Cyclone, with clear inserts showing the ball path in the sewer, and maybe a diverter you control to send the ball to different scoop kickouts:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1353 3 years ago

Anyone know what the "non srp prices are"...

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The adults on this site spend their days talking about big toy boxes that bang metal balls around, when they aren't banging the balls around themselves, or glueing action figures inside the boxes. I hardly think anybody with a single post on Pinside is in any position to judge what adults are into.

Like I said, I am into other similar stuff and kid from the 80's so no judgement. After all, I do have a sizable toy *cough* collectibles collection. I did show my teenager daughter pics of the pin and she gave me a funny look. That said, she thinks all arcade/pinball stuff is stupid lol. Just seems like a theme that will be tough to get past if you are not at least somewhat a fan.

#1355 3 years ago

Looks fun to play! Interested to see what it has for animations on the battles / episodes. Voices are always tough on reboots if you can't get the original actors. Think of it as an addition not an extension. My kids watched the new duck tails and I didn't like how they sound at first. But after a bit you adapt and care more about the content of the show.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hearing pro available mid june. Also - any one hear if it's prem or pro or both tonight? I'm torn on what i want to see more. I really want to see the pro b/c I'm leaning that way but prem would give me a good idea on how that diverter is embedded. I also want to confirm the lack of dual spin pizza makes a difference and if there is truly another MB in prem/LE or if it's the same on the pro (8 ball vs 6 is weird).

They will probably do both. That's what they've done on the last few right? I recall deadpool and bksor they did some play on one then moved to the other. I don't care about disc spinning direction. Just glad it is there on the pro. Diverter seems like it should have made it to both. They are already using a coil to hold balls there. Looks really good, either way.

#1357 3 years ago

Looks like fun!

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The original actors still do the original voices when hired. There’s a Honda commercial that features them.

They wouldn’t use the current voices because that’s an entirely different show.
Stern is using sound alikes based on the 80s show that this theme is based on. We’ll get to judge how they sound when the stream happens today.

Very cool. I guess I figured, since Nick owns the rights, they'd have to get permission to hire those guys. I knew most of them were still in the voice acting biz. My son really wants to become a voice actor. He's a big fan of anime and animated stuff in general.

#1359 3 years ago

People complaining about the inserts being put as an afterthought- it looks like each insert is for each villain on the playfield. Sort of like the bosses in DP.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Anyone know what the "non srp prices are"...

I was quoted $5700, $7400, and $8800

#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I cringed listening to this. The voices were terrible, and the song was equally as off putting.

I didn't think it was "bad" per se...But definitely jarring if you're used to the original.

#1362 3 years ago

I'm personally very impressed with what I'm seeing.

1 - 17 RGB inserts and color changing GI... in the pro.
2 - co-op mode! Not only is this great for multiple players to enjoy together, but there must also be a decent amount of game if they are expecting up to 12 balls being used to try to complete it.
3 - 6/8 ball multiball... that is great.
4 - The playfield looks far from bare. Ramps everywhere.
5 - 3 flippers. I don't think anyone can complain about that.
6 - Not a fan layout.

I know it is easy to dump on Stern but I feel like they are giving us more features in this pro then they normally do. If RGB inserts is the new standard then that is amazing.

#1363 3 years ago

Is the song that starts at 2 minutes the same song as the triple knight challenge mode song on the alternate BKSOR soundtrack?

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a bit tired of hearing how Pinball Browser can "fix" audio and callouts. It can't. Adding your own audio isn't the same as a mode being originally designed around it by a team of professionals. For $6k -$9k+ these games should have a lot of licensed assets. A huge part of the cost of these games is software development so the more licensed assets a game has the more value it holds in my book.

Pinball Browser helped enhance TWD in a huge way. Licensing is much more complex than it used to be with the way you have to license music and many actors individually for call outs that it can add tremendous cost. That's probably why you are seeing less and less of it in pinball.

#1365 3 years ago

I’m digging the music in the Stern videos that are not the classic theme. God they butchered the theme but I’m liking the other music.

#1366 3 years ago

When Stern will rid off the black coin door in the LE. It is ugly beside the powder coat armor.?

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'm personally very impressed with what I'm seeing.
1 - 17 RGB inserts and color changing GI... in the pro.
2 - co-op mode! Not only is this great for multiple players to enjoy together, but there must also be a decent amount of game if they are expecting up to 12 balls being used to try to complete it.
3 - 6/8 ball multiball... that is great.
4 - The playfield looks far from bare. Ramps everywhere.
5 - 3 flippers. I don't think anyone can complain about that.
6 - Not a fan layout.
I know it is easy to dump on Stern but I feel like they are giving us more features in this pro then they normally do. If RGB inserts is the new standard then that is amazing.

You are kidding?
All cool stuff are in prem/LE like the interactive car and the ramp diverter

#1368 3 years ago

So in the pro video below they show that fake diverter on the pro moving down to lock the ball then up. Curious how they really works but it seems pretty cool and is not just there doing nothing.

It also seems to have a ball lock on the pro by shooting underneath the turtle van they seem to stop there and then get released for MB.

I’m digging the pro right now. Not currently seeing the 2k diff. I also realized the premium side art is exactly the front art on the pro which I’m not thrilled about. Pro def is the best art package imo.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m digging the music in the Stern videos that are not the classic theme. God they butchered the theme but I’m liking the other music.

Pretty sure that can be fixed! (Pinball browser )

Edit - oh whoops, (realize's who he's talking to!) , LOL

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Pretty sure that can be fixed! (Pinball browser

We need a sticky for this.

PINBROWSER NO LONGER WORKS on new code. Stern locked us out.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow...heart break!! I imagine that will be circumvented at some point.

#1372 3 years ago

My only complaints:
Some (not all) Faces look a bit off expressionwise...

off (resized).jpgoff (resized).jpg

I mean srsly, is it only me noticing they look a lot like they're crying?

And... well... uh, April could be sexier.

But yeah, uh... we got the DE one for that.

#1373 3 years ago

I like the art. Zombie Yeti is such a gift to pinball.

#1374 3 years ago

Have to say I am very impressed with this one, the Pro looks great and seems to have all the gameplay functionality. I'm still waiting for a Pro that makes me take the plunge. TMNT does nothing for me as a theme but I will say I think they nailed the theme.

#1375 3 years ago

I like it, Stern will have a hit with this (if location play is still possible).

#1376 3 years ago

About halfway into that video I started to realize that they were getting into the weeds of the rules because there weren't enough mechanical features to brag about.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

they were getting into the weeds of the rules because there weren't enough mechanical features to brag about.

Or maybe the software features are an important part of the game as well?

#1378 3 years ago

Pro looks really solid on this one. I am pleased that cool van sculpt is in all 3 versions.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So in the pro video below they show that fake diverter on the pro moving down to lock the ball then up. Curious how they really works but it seems pretty cool and is not just there doing nothing.
It also seems to have a ball lock on the pro by shooting underneath the turtle van they seem to stop there and then get released for MB.
I’m digging the pro right now. Not currently seeing the 2k diff. I also realized the premium side art is exactly the front art on the pro which I’m not thrilled about. Pro def is the best art package imo.

There is NEVER a 2k difference. It is diminishing returns at that point. You pay more because it is better, but not 2k better.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Or maybe the software features are an important part of the game as well?

Is Dwight coding?

#1382 3 years ago

Then software is not in the pro column.

#1383 3 years ago

hmmm hadn't planned on buying a game anytime soon, but i like this one, and coop mode is huge for me, i love coop mode on TNA.

#1384 3 years ago

Reminds me quite a bit of Congo, with an extra shot or two added. I say that as a compliment, should be a fun layout.

Animations could make or break this. Hoping for something reminiscent of the TMNT Arcade game/ Deadpool Pin.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Calm down. This has happened before, the creator usually figures out what they changed and releases an update fixing the lockout. Just because it’s locked at the moment doesn’t mean it will be locked indefinitely. The sky is not falling.

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Reminds me quite a bit of Congo, with an extra shot or two added. I say that as a compliment, should be a fun layout.

Would have said Tron

#1387 3 years ago

Stern just posted this on facebook..

Available now for All-Access Insiders, listen to this panel discussion with the TMNT team including lead game designer John Borg, lead game developer Dwight Sullivan, lead mechanical engineer Elliot Eismin, lead artist Jeremy Packer (aka Zombie Yeti), and lead sound designer Jerry Thompson as they dive into their collaborative approach in bringing this iconic theme to life on episode 6 of the Stern Insider Pinball Podcast!

So yes, lead game developer is Dwight.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like most of Dwights games, he just doesn't seem to get in any hurry to get updates out for them. Nice guy, good coder, but i would like to see things get done faster from him.

You don't really believe this, do you? If you're going to pick on somebody slow at Stern, look at Lyman. What does that guy do all year with the amount of code he actually puts out? I'm a huge fan of Dwight's, and I have to say that with all the crap Lonnie takes on this forum, the updates for Stranger Things have been frequent and amazing.

So before you downvote, I think all the coders at Stern have their pluses and minuses. But for all of you disappointed that Dwight is doing the code, don't be. SW and GOT are amazing games, thanks in large part to the innovative code. And yes...Lyman is great, but if you're going to die before you see another update from somebody, it's him.

#1389 3 years ago

Likely already said but as pleased as I am to see a 3rd flipper, why have these large single targets become so popular with STERN? Complete turn off for me when I saw this on Munsters. Do it on a PRO if need be but give me single stand-up and drop targets for PRE/LE!

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Then software is not in the pro column.

Condemning a game before you play? Man that must stink.

#1391 3 years ago

In for the Vanilla Ice LE

#1392 3 years ago

The pro looked great until I saw the big mono-target for April. I shut the video off right then.

Edit: Just saw the Premium has them as well. Location only game for me.

#1393 3 years ago

Can't wait! Limited Edition is in Order!

#1394 3 years ago

Oh my god you guys are drama queens.

#1395 3 years ago

The Krang loop and ramp loop combo is fun. I like the foot combo has well.

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Oh my god you guys are drama queens.

are you talking about the facebook drama between Jack Danger and Zach? holy cow that escalated quickly!!

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The pro looked great until I saw the big mono-target for April. I shut the video off right then.
Edit: Just saw the Premium has them as well. Location only game for me.

They are so fucking lame, it's cost saving taken too far. Just seems like they are the norm now.

#1398 3 years ago

Anybody have any distributors they recommend?

#1399 3 years ago

Any mention of online feature?

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They are so fucking lame, it's cost saving taken too far. Just seems like they are the norm now.

The big targets take the skill out of hitting the objective. I won't buy a game with them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toughkenamon, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/28?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.