20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 64.
#1301 3 years ago

looking forward to deadflip stream tonight. Hopefully its premium/LE. I have to decide between this, wonka or JP soon. I want nib and thats a problem for JP right now.... Heard TMNT will dominate the line for a while before they make more JP.

#1302 3 years ago

Why do so many people feel the need to ALWAYS bring it to everyone's attention they are not into (whatever) theme.. who cares.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will be that person if pinbrowser works BUT stern cut it off a few weeks ago so all their new code blocks it from working.

Wow really? I didn't know this... that's huge for this and future releases for me going fwd. Thst was the one plus about sterns over jjp.... and now it's not possible?

#1304 3 years ago

I love pinball, but man, the theme on this one to me is like Munsters... just not into it. Wasn't even into it back in the 80's. The only thing I know is Vanilla Ice's part in the TMNT Movie LMAO.

Seems like another one of those love/hate titles with MOST people I know just kind of MEH on this one.

Of course gameplay and code are king, but it's hard to get excited when you have a theme that is a turn off.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Why do so many people feel the need to ALWAYS bring it to everyone's attention they are not into (whatever) theme.. who cares.

Good post, but I'm not really into any posts like this. But congrats to those who are!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

#1306 3 years ago

Remember when DP Pro was said to have no toys? That pin has drop targets and individual stand ups on the Pro.

In 2020 getting a spinning disc and two stand up targets is loaded for $6k?

I'm interested because fun is all that matters but in a year stern will figure out we only need one stand up.

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't get adults being into this theme

What? You're not into underage humanized martial art reptiles?

I'm excited for the stream tonight!

#1308 3 years ago

I'm a bit tired of hearing how Pinball Browser can "fix" audio and callouts. It can't. Adding your own audio isn't the same as a mode being originally designed around it by a team of professionals. For $6k -$9k+ these games should have a lot of licensed assets. A huge part of the cost of these games is software development so the more licensed assets a game has the more value it holds in my book.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Because we are pinball lovers and theme is a huge part of the hobby we love. How could anyone that loves the hobby NOT be interested in the theme of what they are playing? Are you just a sheep that's going to love everything no matter what?

Is it too much to ask for pinball manufacturers to give us some more modern and more popular themes? To me, YES.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone else notice pro is 6 ball game and premium LE is 8 ball???

That trough must be like a 6-foot sub.

#1311 3 years ago

I have never actually wanted a Stern LE until now... I just need to figure out what to sell to make room.

#1312 3 years ago

After seeing the high resolution pics today I'm really liking it. Layout looks unique not the same copy and paste which I like. Will have to see what the code is like but I'm really liking what I see.

#1313 3 years ago

Thought I would go LE on this one, but I actually think I like the premium art more. Do they typically sell the art blades separate that are on the le?

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Because we are pinball lovers and theme is a huge part of the hobby we love. How could anyone that loves the hobby NOT be interested in the theme of what they are playing? Are you just a sheep that's going to love everything no matter what?
Is it too much to ask for pinball manufacturers to give us some more modern and more popular themes? To me, YES.

I think theme discussion can be good, but just stating they hate this theme or that theme is just pointless. Stern obviously did some market research to determine what makes sense for them to license. Of course I don't often agree with their choices either, but I just think it's a silly thing to keep bringing up. If a theme isn't for you, maybe the next game will be, otherwise it's just noise. It's like you people can't possibly have a discussion about a game without first qualifying whether they hate the theme or not.

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Omg the redone theme song is bad. It sounds just like the redone 1up arcade.
rarehero wtf! It’s terrible. I really hope the code somehow works on pinbrowser.

I cringed listening to this. The voices were terrible, and the song was equally as off putting.

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a bit tired of hearing how Pinball Browser can "fix" audio and callouts. It can't. Adding your own audio isn't the same as a mode being originally designed around it by a team of professionals. For $6k -$9k+ these games should have a lot of licensed assets. A huge part of the cost of these games is software development so the more licensed assets a game has the more value it holds in my book.

Apparently it's been shut down by stern anyhow... so that sucks and really mkee me think about getting certain stern pins as many/most of their pins really lack in the audio/call out department and it was nice to know it cld be redone some what

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I think theme discussion can be good, but just stating they hate this theme or that theme is just pointless. Stern obviously did some market research to determine what makes sense for them to license. Of course I don't often agree with their choices either, but I just think it's a silly thing to keep bringing up. If a theme isn't for you, maybe the next game will be, otherwise it's just noise. It's like you people can't possibly have a discussion about a game without first qualifying whether they hate the theme or not.

It's a discussion board, you're going to get both.. I could easily say who cares if you love the theme. To me, I don't mind hearing what the overall thoughts are about how people in our hobby feel.

#1318 3 years ago

I really like it. Love the old school artwork. I just wish Stern would have spent an extra $5 and put something (anything) on the pro where they glider was on the premium. That wing nut looks awful.

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

After seeing the high resolution pics today I'm really liking it. Layout looks unique not the same copy and paste which I like. Will have to see what the code is like but I'm really liking what I see.

I'm not being negative but if I knew nothing about this pin at all I would know it was Borg because it's a combination of 3-4 of his previous pins. I think it will be fun and that's what's most important but unique isn't what Borg does. He tends to go with what works and improves on it and there's a place for that too as I love Tron and XMen.

TMNT (resized).pngTMNT (resized).png
#1320 3 years ago

The Turtles song makes me want to kill myself! Cowabunga dude!

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Diverter button would have been better on the side cabinet tho?

Yes but after they put the magnasave in BKSOR on the lockbar you can pretty much assume they aren't putting a third button on the side for a diverter in this game either.

#1322 3 years ago

I notice Shredder was so much ahead of his time with his mouth mask.
Also the pro spinning disc only spins in one direction.

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes but after they put the magnasave in BKSOR on the lockbar you can pretty much assume they aren't putting a third button on the side for a diverter in this game either.

They drilled TWO extra flipper button holes in the cabinet for Munsters prem/LE so they can do it if they really wanted to.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Looks great, co-op mode is great (copied from TNA but still great idea) they should also make vs. mode player 1-3 vs 2-4.

Why not 6 can play as well?

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I notice Shredder was so much ahead of his time with his mouth mask.
Also the pro spinning disc only spins in one direction.

I read that too. Prem/LE disc spins both directions and Pro only one. Why Stern?

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They drilled TWO extra flipper button holes in the cabinet for Munsters prem/LE so they can do it if they really wanted to.

Lol, they don't.

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'm not being negative but if I knew nothing about this pin at all I would know it was Borg because it's a combination of 3-4 of his previous pins. I think it will be fun and that's what's most important but unique isn't what Borg does. He tends to go with what works and improves on it and there's a place for that too as I love Tron and XMen. [quoted image]

I’m just glad there is no shot through the pops. I hate those!

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That trough must be like a 6-foot sub.

Unless they stage balls somewhere in the game.

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'm not being negative but if I knew nothing about this pin at all I would know it was Borg because it's a combination of 3-4 of his previous pins. I think it will be fun and that's what's most important but unique isn't what Borg does. He tends to go with what works and improves on it and there's a place for that too as I love Tron and XMen. [quoted image]

yes, the upper left side is similar to FH, TOMMY, TRON...
but as always, since all these years, it become hard to innovate in the game design
and thats not a bad point anyway

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Unless they stage balls somewhere in the game.

Yeah I would assume it would be like IJ. That had 8 balls and staged some in the ark I believe.

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Point taken but to be fair it would be awefully hard to use the single lockdown button for two lower playfield flippers however I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd just stacked the single buttons so they operated the respective bottom ones.

#1332 3 years ago

Looks like a fun, different enough version of Borg’s 3rd flipper Tron layout, which I thought was a must from John. I think another Borg fan would’ve gotten major flak from the community. I prefer the pro and premium art packages. The way the noses are drawn on the art packages is not my favorite animated style of the turtles; but overall it’s good with only the playfield a little underwhelming compared to Deadpool. Can’t wait to hear the sound package on Deadflip tonight. Hope it’s Jerry Thompson on sound, his sound effects are always stellar. Cowabunga to the TMNT fans, who should be psyched

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What? You're not into underage humanized martial art reptiles?
I'm excited for the stream tonight!

Not the ones that have obsession over pizza and scream cowabunga every 2 minutes. But hey, I like turtles.

One thought - in coop mode does that mean one person can load up a 4 player game at a show or on location and basically play a 12 ball single player game?

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'm not being negative but if I knew nothing about this pin at all I would know it was Borg because it's a combination of 3-4 of his previous pins. I think it will be fun and that's what's most important but unique isn't what Borg does. He tends to go with what works and improves on it and there's a place for that too as I love Tron and XMen.

So every designer ever. Thanks for the hot take.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One thought - in coop mode does that mean one person can load up a 4 player game at a show or on location and basically play a 12 ball single player game?

Don’t start a multiplayer game unless you have multiple players. Pincinnati show rule #2. Haha

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, the upper left side is similar to FH, TOMMY, TRON...
but as always, since all these years, it become hard to innovate in the game design
and thats not a bad point anyway

did i forget BAYWATCH ?

(but not the immamaculate one)

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the original theme song is STILL awesome. My kids play TMNT arcade in my house all the time. This redone song is terrible and it literally might be the same one 1up arcade did.

I dunno, to me the 1up was all off key and weird. This one is pretty good, but the little insert voices like “we’re really hip” sound weird and British lol...but the song itself is pretty good.

I believe they don’t use the original song anymore because they don’t want to pay Chuck Lorre royalties. The dude’s a billionaire, I wish he would just sign the rights away for charity or something lol

#1339 3 years ago

.. 6 ball multiball vs 8 ball in the premium/le. Wow when was the last time we had 8 balls?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I don’t know about that...no physical van lock, no controlled diverter, no krang (and it seems like there may be modes or at least call outs based on this toy) ...the art package is way better imo. I’m torn.

#1340 3 years ago

and than, we have a TMTN pin theme, and no subway feature !?

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:Wow when was the last time we had 8 balls?

We don't know what you do in your spare time

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, to me the 1up was all off key and weird. This one is pretty good, but the little insert voices like “we’re really hip” sound weird and British lol...but the song itself is pretty good.

There's some weird unnecessary processing on some of the part too like 'turtle power' has some kind of auto-tune vibrato on it or something strange.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't get adults being into this theme

The adults on this site spend their days talking about big toy boxes that bang metal balls around, when they aren't banging the balls around themselves, or glueing action figures inside the boxes. I hardly think anybody with a single post on Pinside is in any position to judge what adults are into.

I was a fan of the original Eastman and Laird comics, that kind of spoiled the cartoon version for me a bit, but I know I watched it as a kid still. I definitely put a lot of quarters into the Konami 4 player arcade game, that was great. It's hugely popular still with the barcade crowd, and the original arcade PCB keeps climbing in price.

I think the game looks really nice. It clearly is trying to capture the spirt of that arcade game era, which is smart. That's the biggest audience I think.

I personally appreciate how bright and saturated Zombie Yeti has made his pinball art. He's got a style he uses for his Stern games that's consistent and works well. I suspect it also goes over well with the license approval people. Yes, he's capable of "grittier" looking art, and I know some would prefer it, but commercially speaking I don't think it would be as successful.

This is a tough time for pinball. I wish Stern nothing but luck with being able to keep games being made and sold right now.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, we have a TMTN pin theme, and no subway feature !?

Maybe via video mode.

Liking the theme of the game overall. Glad they used the 80s TMNT for inspiration and not the more recent incarnations. I wonder if any of the voice actors from the original series were hired for the game.

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not the ones that have obsession over pizza and scream cowabunga every 2 minutes. But hey, I like turtles.

at the cost of 4 games!

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Maybe via video mode.
Liking the theme of the game overall. Glad they used the 80s TMNT for inspiration and not the more recent incarnations. I wonder if any of the voice actors from the original series were hired for the game.

What about the villein after Shredder?

#1347 3 years ago

I'd have to assume the new song and voices are due to licensing. And I know those guys that voiced them in the 80's aren't still doing the voices. Most likely using the current voices under the Nickelodeon contract. I'm sure there will be some questioning along those lines on tonight's stream. Looking forward to it. I can see myself going for a Pro at some point.

#1348 3 years ago

I really like this art, the colors pop. Game looks great so far.

#1349 3 years ago

I'm hearing pro available mid june. Also - any one hear if it's prem or pro or both tonight? I'm torn on what i want to see more. I really want to see the pro b/c I'm leaning that way but prem would give me a good idea on how that diverter is embedded. I also want to confirm the lack of dual spin pizza makes a difference and if there is truly another MB in prem/LE or if it's the same on the pro (8 ball vs 6 is weird).

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For $6k -$9k+ these games should have a lot of licensed assets. A

Do you ever get tired of saying this? About 100 times a year you type some variation of this complaint.

It might be time for you to recalibrate what you think you should expect for $6-9k. Clearly you are the one with the disconnect here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/27?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.