20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 64.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still trying to figure out what that fake diverter/metal thing is in the pro? Anyone hear anything?

Looks like a static toy. In the Pro part of the video, the wireforms extend fully under the toy. In the Premium, there's a gap in the wireforms under the diverter and a clear plastic plate is used so the ball can change paths.

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the original theme song is STILL awesome. My kids play TMNT arcade in my house all the time. This redone song is terrible and it literally might be the same one 1up arcade did.

Hopefully someone make a good makeover with pinballbrowser

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hopefully someone make a good makeover with pinballbrowser

I will be that person if pinbrowser works BUT stern cut it off a few weeks ago so all their new code blocks it from working.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Looks like a static toy. In the Pro part of the video, the wireforms extend fully under the toy. In the Premium, there's a gap in the wireforms under the diverter and a clear plastic plate is used so the ball can change paths.

yes it's something but just curious what. There has to be something at the top b/c it appears to provide some type of function....

#1255 3 years ago

Is this a lie? It most definitely is NOT the original track from 1987 Haha

3822AC53-729A-428A-9F89-A2ED1466B941 (resized).jpeg3822AC53-729A-428A-9F89-A2ED1466B941 (resized).jpeg
#1256 3 years ago

Gameplay tonight!!!! Awesome! 5CT....

#1257 3 years ago
unnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (1) (resized).jpg
#1258 3 years ago

PRO
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, trained in the art of ninjutsu by their wise rat sensei, Master Splinter. Is New York City ready for these radical reptile brothers? With a sick sewer lair and tough friends like April O’Neil and Casey Jones, the Turtles are about to face evils more dangerous and pizza more delicious than anything they could have ever imagined. In this pinball adventure players will go to battle as the Turtles fight villains like Shredder, the Krang and loads of super-powerful mutants, to become the heroes they were destined to be, and have loads of fun along the way!

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles began as a comic book, morphed into a hit animated show, and has grown into a beloved and iconic global pop culture phenomenon. We have worked directly with Nickelodeon to bring these heroes in a half-shell into the pinball dimension. This game has pure pinball power,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

The Premium and Limited Edition models feature an interactive custom sculpted Turtles Van, equipped to lock up to 4 balls inside with a mechanical opening/closing side door, ready to unleash multiball havoc upon players. These models also feature the iconic TMNT Glider, a custom-sculpted, player-controlled diverter assembly stationed above both ramps, giving players the ability to control and transport the ball to the flipper of their choice. In addition, a custom-sculpted mechanical Krang toy hovers over the pop bumpers, jumping up and down while taunting players throughout game action.

The Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models all feature distinct hand-drawn art in addition to a high speed magnetic spinning pizza disc capable of holding and throwing 3 balls during pizza multiball mayhem. The original 1987 theme music complements the action with custom video scenes and events created exclusively for this pinball experience. All models include 3 flippers, 3 high speed ramps, and a hidden ninja training ball lock area.

The LE model is limited to 500 units globally. The LE model includes additional unique features such as an exclusive mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball glass, a shaker motor, and a sequentially numbered plaque.

MSRP $6,099

unnamed (2) (resized).jpgunnamed (2) (resized).jpg
#1259 3 years ago

PREMIUM
Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, trained in the art of ninjutsu by their wise rat sensei, Master Splinter. Is New York City ready for these radical reptile brothers? With a sick sewer lair and tough friends like April O’Neil and Casey Jones, the Turtles are about to face evils more dangerous and pizza more delicious than anything they could have ever imagined. In this pinball adventure players will go to battle as the Turtles fight villains like Shredder, the Krang and loads of super-powerful mutants, to become the heroes they were destined to be, and have loads of fun along the way!

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles began as a comic book, morphed into a hit animated show, and has grown into a beloved and iconic global pop culture phenomenon. We have worked directly with Nickelodeon to bring these heroes in a half-shell into the pinball dimension. This game has pure pinball power,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

The Premium and Limited Edition models feature an interactive custom sculpted Turtles Van, equipped to lock up to 4 balls inside with a mechanical opening/closing side door, ready to unleash multiball havoc upon players. These models also feature the iconic TMNT Glider, a custom-sculpted, player-controlled diverter assembly stationed above both ramps, giving players the ability to control and transport the ball to the flipper of their choice. In addition, a custom-sculpted mechanical Krang toy hovers over the pop bumpers, jumping up and down while taunting players throughout game action.

The Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models all feature distinct hand-drawn art in addition to a high speed magnetic spinning pizza disc capable of holding and throwing 3 balls during pizza multiball mayhem. The original 1987 theme music complements the action with custom video scenes and events created exclusively for this pinball experience. All models include 3 flippers, 3 high speed ramps, and a hidden ninja training ball lock area.

The LE model is limited to 500 units globally. The LE model includes additional unique features such as an exclusive mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball glass, a shaker motor, and a sequentially numbered plaque.

MSRP $7,699

#1260 3 years ago

LIMITED EDITION

MSRP $9,099

#1261 3 years ago

Pro looks like a no-brainer on this one, sweet!

#1262 3 years ago

At first glance the game looks fun with a lot in it. It's nice to see metal ramps and metal habit rails on all models. The premium and LE have a few detailed 3D molded interactive mechs which is a nice change from just flat plastic overload. The premium / LE van ball lock looks pretty slick as well.

#1264 3 years ago

#1265 3 years ago

I don’t know about that...no physical van lock, no controlled diverter, no krang (and it seems like there may be modes or at least call outs based on this toy) ...the art package is way better imo. I’m torn.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Pro looks like a no-brainer on this one, sweet!

#1266 3 years ago

History has shown us that music doesn’t matter, there are creative people out there that redo the music in the code. As long as Stern keeps turning a blind eye to modifications of code I couldn’t care less how it sounds, I would rather them spend their money on features on the machine then licensed music. Looks fun can’t wait to try one. As always I will wait until I flip and a number of code updates before I decide if it is worth buying.

Quoted from delt31:

the original theme song is STILL awesome. My kids play TMNT arcade in my house all the time. This redone song is terrible and it literally might be the same one 1up arcade did.

#1267 3 years ago

Stern just killed deep root of getting any attention , they missed the boat again .

#1268 3 years ago

this is borg?

#1269 3 years ago

“4 player co-op.“

Well that will never get used in my house!

#1270 3 years ago

That Co-Op mode leads me to believe that there may be some deeper content in this game.

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

“4 player co-op.“
Well that will never get used in my house!

Me, myself and I, plus a "friend" ?

#1272 3 years ago

this is gomez or borg?

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I don’t know about that...no physical van lock, no controlled diverter, no krang (and it seems like there may be modes or at least call outs based on this toy) ...the art package is way better imo. I’m torn.

I'll have to wait and see of course. If the diverter is integrated into the code in a super meaningful way that could push me over the edge. I can live without a physical ball lock and the sculpted toy. Just happy the magnet pizza is in all models, love that mech on my Beatles!

#1274 3 years ago

I have zero interest in the theme and would never buy any. With that said, if you are a TMNT fan, the premium looks absolutely loaded and the artwork has so much to look at. It's just packed with toys and gadgets it looks like.
I would say if you were waiting for this, today is glorious for you.

#1275 3 years ago
eqsoyzcptl8zzizg26e4 (resized).jpgeqsoyzcptl8zzizg26e4 (resized).jpglp3jpxt9sodwobh0ebuv (resized).jpglp3jpxt9sodwobh0ebuv (resized).jpgsae4qssfeoglbkdwnvkl (resized).jpgsae4qssfeoglbkdwnvkl (resized).jpg
#1276 3 years ago

Topper for this game is an absolute no brainer, c’mon stern do the right thing and....

Re-theme this
5CB109FD-0491-4FEF-A1C0-E3B63F760252 (resized).jpeg5CB109FD-0491-4FEF-A1C0-E3B63F760252 (resized).jpeg

Into this
452A1C31-A17B-416B-8329-1880607C206E (resized).jpeg452A1C31-A17B-416B-8329-1880607C206E (resized).jpeg

Saves money on R&D developing a new topper just give it a shredder skin and it’s a must have!!

#1277 3 years ago
chart (resized).pngchart (resized).png
#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I have zero interest in the theme and would never buy any. With that said, if you are a TMNT fan, the premium looks absolutely loaded and the artwork has so much to look at. It's just packed with toys and gadgets it looks like.
I would say if you were waiting for this, today is glorious for you.

Dude...that comment is way to positive and level-headed for Pinside. I am asking the moderators to institute a one day ban on you. Take that day to think about it and come back angry.

#1279 3 years ago

Anyone else notice pro is 6 ball game and premium LE is 8 ball???

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Dude...that comment is way to positive and level-headed for Pinside. I am asking the moderators to institute a one day ban on you. Take that day to think about it and come back angry.

Haha. I've been away from pinside for over a year. Guess I need to get back in the swing of things

#1281 3 years ago

The colors in the pics look much better than the video. It looked washed out / faded in the video. The gameplay will be interesting to see how the sounds are.

#1282 3 years ago

I could be down for a premium depending on how the code turns out. Art pops more with better photos, just wish the turtles facial expressions looked better. The villains look great.

#1283 3 years ago

Looks great, co-op mode is great (copied from TNA but still great idea) they should also make vs. mode player 1-3 vs 2-4.

#1284 3 years ago

Also...I straight up do not understand the pro mech where the diverter would be on the prem. It looks like it halts the ball by descending for a moment on the right return...but nothing on the left.. doesn’t seem divert at all.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'll have to wait and see of course. If the diverter is integrated into the code in a super meaningful way that could push me over the edge. I can live without a physical ball lock and the sculpted toy. Just happy the magnet pizza is in all models, love that mech on my Beatles!

#1285 3 years ago

Wait wait wait... 8 balls in the Premium/LE?

#1286 3 years ago

So from feature matrix, Pro lacks diverter, Van ball lock, and Krang toy. But obviously people are going to shove action figures all in this bad boy so it’s not a lot of compromise.

What’s interesting is that the Pro has 3-6 ball multiball where the Prem/LE has 3-8 so there may be a unique mode/MB or something else going on with the Prem/LE.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

this is gomez or borg?

Borg stepping up his game or is being allowed to spend more?

#1288 3 years ago

8 balls (Pre/LE) instead of 6 (Pro) is because of the van ball lock right?

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So from feature matrix, Pro lacks diverter, Van ball lock, and Krang toy. But obviously people are going to shove action figures all in this bad boy so it’s not a lot of compromise.
What’s interesting is that the Pro has 3-6 ball multiball where the Prem/LE has 3-8 so there may be a unique mode/MB or something else going on with the Prem/LE.

Or could be just need the extra balls so can stage in the extra physical ball lock.

#1290 3 years ago

It has CO-OP Mode!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.23.08 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.23.08 AM (resized).png
#1291 3 years ago

Diverter button would have been better on the side cabinet tho?

#1292 3 years ago

Damn, hearing that theme song flicked the nostalgia switch on in my head. Game looks cool but after waiting 3 years for Ghostbusters code and seeing what happened with Munsters code its wait and see for me.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Also...I straight up do not understand the pro mech where the diverter would be on the prem. It looks like it halts the ball by descending for a moment on the right return...but nothing on the left.. doesn’t seem divert at all.

I think it probably does the left side as well. Guessing multi ball or mode start? It looks terrible though for sure hah, the modders will have a field day covering that thing up!

#1294 3 years ago

Did anyone catch that you can select what turtle you want to play as???? It's like Pirates which I love that feature - each must be unique. That's awesome.

Also - the fake diverter on the pro is what I thought it was - it holds the balls during certain modes on the pro.

pro also has colored t molding.

I'm curious how the diverter in the prem is used b/c if it's just for fun, that middle button is a pain in the ass to press and I would prob not even use it that much. Krang is a complete waste. Ball lock is nice but not imperative. HMMMMM

I also like the pro art a lot too. SO excited to see this tonight.

They say 80s style music which is awesome but they also say original 1987 theme? It's clearly redone in the one video BUT maybe that was a hold over b/c it sounds just like the one up arcade? This wouldn't be a big deal if pinbrowser works but you can no longer change and customize music on sterns. They locked us out!

#1295 3 years ago

I don't route games, but this looks like the type of game that would kill on route in a variety of locations. Anyone born after 1980 would likely be interested in playing this.

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from Code:

how they redone the theme song is terrible...
The old theme song sounds way better

pinball browser can fix that.

#1297 3 years ago

I don't get adults being into this theme but that said, I have interests in other similar things so cannot judge. Game does look killer. Spinning magnet, diverter, upper flipper, under flipper shot, physical ball locks, ramps going through back panel - all get a thumbs up from me. Don't think I can get past music and callouts, though. Definitely will hurl some quarters in one when I get the chance. Hope game does well so maybe we get some other popular cartoon themes from 70's and 80's.

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

pinball browser can fix that.

pinbrowser no longer works.

#1299 3 years ago

I was a huge TMNT fan in the late 80's as a young teen, and if I were still that kid I would be losing it right now. This is an outstanding embodiment of that era.

#1300 3 years ago

Stern just posted 77 hi res pics on their Facebook

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toughkenamon, PA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
$ 300.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/26?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.