20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 64.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you make the watermark a little more obnoxious?

Possibly

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game looks okay and im sure it will be fun but there are three things that kill it for me
#1 Theme
#2 coded by Dwight so it will take forever to be complete and maybe never will be complete
#3 the long one piece targets instead of drop targets. That shit sucks and is getting old. Should at least be single stand ups

Wonder if anyone has installed regular targets in place of montarget. ? Could this be done

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. GOT blew my mind and SW is like GOT on steroids. I love the fanfare he creates for those massive multiplied shots. I’m a sucker for big points.
Lymans amazing and so is Elwin. Dwights games just speak to me more especially when combined with a design that is fast and flowly.

I am amazed to hear anyone says this.

GOT is good. SW is just aweful.

Aside from that, it is kind of a template style to code base. How many games really need to be in the same vein?

#1204 3 years ago

I’m pretty disappointed in the art overall. It’s not bad, but after Deadpool, I was expecting something amazing with this. You can just google image TMNT art and find several instances that are far superior. Maybe ZY’s hands were tied with the licensor...

Cary Hardy breakdown of the game.

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am amazed to hear anyone says this.
GOT is good. SW is just aweful.
Aside from that, it is kind of a template style to code base. How many games really need to be in the same vein?

Calling SW awful??? Software is brilliant on that one.
I don't care a single thing for the star wars franchise and I still bought the game...

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Disagree on #2! GB had no priority for Stern. Munsters was never targetted to be deep. GOT and SW are great and were completed quite fast.
So play before you buy is a good advice to all.

I like most of Dwights games, he just doesn't seem to get in any hurry to get updates out for them. Nice guy, good coder, but i would like to see things get done faster from him.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game looks okay and im sure it will be fun but there are three things that kill it for me
#1 Theme
#2 coded by Dwight so it will take forever to be complete and maybe never will be complete
#3 the long one piece targets instead of drop targets. That shit sucks and is getting old. Should at least be single stand ups

As for 3 they go against pinball history as players learned to use skill to knock down drop targets or hit individual stand up targets.

These will never be 'ok' and was hoping they weren't going to be used again.

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

As for 3 they go against pinball history as players learned to use skill to knock down drop targets or hit individual stand up targets.
These will never be 'ok' and was hoping they weren't going to be used again.

Totally agree. Even single stand ups isnt really ok for me. I want real drop targets, they are much more fun, and skillful as you say also.

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Calling SW awful??? Software is brilliant on that one.
I don't care a single thing for the star wars franchise and I still bought the game...

Star Wars is my favorite movie and I didn’t buy it. Crazy how different we feel about that game. I love the Ghostbusters movie, I also don’t care for that game.

Maybe when you love a franchise the expectations are too high.

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

#1 Theme

I should have actually made it four reasons why i wouldn't buy TMNT. The 4th reason which is really my #1 reason is Sterns shitty playfield quality and them not standing behind their products. Until they turn that around they get no more of my money.

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s a shame Krang doesn’t lift up the pop for a secret subway entrance.

That'll be a pay unlock later.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like most of Dwights games, he just doesn't seem to get in any hurry to get updates out for them. Nice guy, good coder, but i would like to see things get done faster from him.

What about GOT or SW wasn’t done within 6-8 months of release? Same question for Munsters.

#1213 3 years ago

its quite dangerous to talk about the use of single/long bank target... some Munsters fans could be upset...

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Absolutely this. It’s impossible to please the diehards of a particular theme.

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

its quite dangerous to talk about the use of single/long bank target... some Munsters fans could be upset...

Is there an actual purpose to these long bank targets. I mean are there actual bonus scored if you hit two target switches at the same time or is this just one big target to replace 4 targets? How does it know that you've hit lets say the R in LAIR?

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Absolutely this. It’s impossible to please the diehards of a particular theme.

I'm a fan of Star Wars and Ghostbusters but the layout/rules kind of ruin them for me but I'm just as big a Deadpool fan and I think that pin is fantastic. I think at the end of the day theme will sell the pin no matter what for some people then it comes down to the gameplay which depends on the person.

#1217 3 years ago

Stern video on instagram

Not sure how to post it here.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What about GOT or SW wasn’t done within 6-8 months of release? Same question for Munsters.

Munsters needs a little more work on some if the modes, some would say it needs ALOT more work. I love Munsters as is but I would like to see a few changes. GB took forever, not sure about SW. GOT was done nicely.

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Is there an actual purpose to these long bank targets. I mean are there actual bonus scored if you hit two target switches at the same time or is this just one big target to replace 4 targets? How does it know that you've hit lets say the R in LAIR?

You get there letters in order I believe.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters needs a little more work on some if the modes, some would say it needs ALOT more work. I love Munsters as is but I would like to see a few changes. GB took forever, not sure about SW. GOT was done nicely.

Munsters is complete though. It’s all there. Sure some don’t like the way it’s coded, but it’s complete. That’s all I’m trying to say.

GB can be debated, but I was able to beat the game before and there wasn’t any mode that wasn’t there (excluding AYAG. Again. Debatable).

#1223 3 years ago

No RGB inserts shown in that video, I'd suspect the arrows still will be but I bet that's it.

EDIT: Feature matrix says 17 full RGB inserts on all models, that's an improvement on everything since GOT I believe, especially for the pro.

#1224 3 years ago

They never seem to show off lcd animations on the videos.

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No RGB inserts shown in that video, I'd suspect the arrows still will be but I bet that's it.

Yeah that seems to be the standard now.

The pro has the spinning magnet. I wouldn’t been surprised if it didn’t even have that.

Looks to shoot smooth, can’t wait to play one!

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Munsters is complete though. It’s all there. Sure some don’t like the way it’s coded, but it’s complete. That’s all I’m trying to say.
GB can be debated, but I was able to beat the game before and there wasn’t any mode that wasn’t there (excluding AYAG. Again. Debatable).

Munsters was considered complete yes but with just a little bit more work it could be amazing. The Eddie, Lily, and Marilyn modes are dumb and Spot needs a scoring tweak to make it worthwhile to play. It's good and I love it, we just want a little more is all.

#1227 3 years ago

Omg the redone theme song is bad. It sounds just like the redone 1up arcade.

Rarehero wtf! It’s terrible. I really hope the code somehow works on pinbrowser.

#1228 3 years ago

I don't know why, but I love seeing magnets fling multiple balls around at the start of multiball. Loved seeing it in Twister, LIS, etc. Looks like it gets put to good use here too!

#1229 3 years ago

First thing I noticed in the video is that they rerecorded the original song. My guess is that these are the voice actors they got to do the call-outs.They don't sound terrible.

Really excited to see the animations they do and how they sync them up with the voice actors. Originally I thought they might go old-school arcade game like on DP, but in one of the game stills you can see a nicely rendered 3-D lair shot, so my guess is that they built on what they learned doing JP. Looks like a lot of fun!

#1230 3 years ago

If anyone is selling their JP Prem or Elvira HOH Prem to buy this I might be interested in buying yours I just can't get past the theme. I'm 50 this year, never got into this cartoon or movie, and my kids don't care for it either. easy pass. But I could see if you grew up on this, major must buy feelings!

I could also see this killing on location, pizza place, movie theater, etc.

#1231 3 years ago

Anyone else see the screen grabs of Jared Guyness threatening legal action on Knapp arcade on facebook last night for leaking some of the images?

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Star Wars is my favorite movie and I didn’t buy it. Crazy how different we feel about that game. I love the Ghostbusters movie, I also don’t care for that game.

well loving the movie is a fact. loving the pin is another one. When you buy a pin, whatever the theme, the first is to know how the game is playing, good or not, good rules or not. if this is not, then i don't care i love the movie.

#1233 3 years ago

regarding this pin, i don't care about the movie and then the theme. the playfield design is just ok, nothing greatly inovating then i pass and save my money for GNR (maybe)

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. GOT blew my mind and SW is like GOT on steroids. I love the fanfare he creates for those massive multiplied shots. I’m a sucker for big points.
Lymans amazing and so is Elwin. Dwights games just speak to me more especially when combined with a design that is fast and flowly.

Blink twice if Dwight is in the room with you...

j/k, like what you like, there are pins for all of us.

#1235 3 years ago

Interesting to see them blow the dust off the Twister spinning magnet for multiball release. That is probably the best and most interesting thing about the Twister game.

#1236 3 years ago

I’ve always been willing to overlook theme for a great layout & rules, but it’s going to be tough on this one. Was already starting to rationalize the kiddy art, but doubt I could stomach the music/theme song if it’s really like in the teaser video.

#1237 3 years ago

woa, that magnet looks awesome on the video. looking forward to seeing that in person

#1238 3 years ago

Having the flipper feed the magnet to stage the multi-ball is cool.

It looks like 7 main shots...all of which seem fairly easy to shoot. It should have some nice flow, and very much a combo type of game.

The main features look like the spinning magnet disk, the diverter, and the van ball lock. Nothing earth shattering feature wise, but it looks like it will be a fun pin overall.

Looking forward to playing one.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

woa, that magnet looks awesome on the video. looking forward to seeing that in person

You can experience it right now if you can find a Sega Twister machine to play! its identical.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Omg the redone theme song is bad. It sounds just like the redone 1up arcade.
rarehero wtf! It’s terrible. I really hope the code somehow works on pinbrowser.

I don't know why it still shocks me every time this happens. That song is "a-bobili-bobo" levels of bad.

#1241 3 years ago

Looks good, but I'm always a sucker for upper flippers and diverters!

#1242 3 years ago

Still trying to figure out what that fake diverter/metal thing is in the pro? Anyone hear anything?

#1243 3 years ago

Looks like will be fun to play on location. Theme doesn't grab me. Looks like the pro has a diverter as well, just without the glider plastic piece. I'm sure there will be a mod for this. So, pro is the way to go unless you need the physical van lock. I agree with the long stand up target. Recently bought a Stellar Wars and there is just something kinetic about knocking down drop targets, especially when you can clear a bank with one shot.

#1244 3 years ago

how they redone the theme song is terrible...

The old theme song sounds way better

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

That song is "a-bobili-bobo" levels of bad.

I think you forget how bad bobuhlee bo bo actually was. Theme song is ridiculous but took me back.

#1246 3 years ago

Criticizing Stern about a theme song about Turtles is Corona Pinball at its finest.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I think you forget how bad bobuhlee bo bo actually was. Theme song is ridiculous but took me back.

the original theme song is STILL awesome. My kids play TMNT arcade in my house all the time. This redone song is terrible and it literally might be the same one 1up arcade did.

#1248 3 years ago

From the First Look pro is missing the diverter and krangtoy... Hope there are not more differencences gameplaywise

#1249 3 years ago

Teaser video

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the original theme song is STILL awesome. My kids play TMNT arcade in my house all the time. This redone song is terrible and it literally might be the same one 1up arcade did.

Obviously it costs too much to get it. Probably way too much. This LE is going to be what, like north of $9K? That's nuts already.

Everybody should be happy this isn't a Michael Bay shitstorm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/25?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.