20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 64.
#1151 3 years ago

Just locked in a LE

F9A391F4-5F18-4E66-8747-EFBDFD4BDFC2 (resized).jpegF9A391F4-5F18-4E66-8747-EFBDFD4BDFC2 (resized).jpeg
#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Just locked in LE. That artwork got me. [quoted image]

What was Amber's response?

#1153 3 years ago

Is see Funhouse and Tron in the layout. Xmen disc, Star trek away team flipper hideout, Yes...Musters banks, phurba diverter...I mean, these may not be new things but it seems.like they put a lot in there. I'm.actually very excited to see gameplay. I'd hoped for a more comic look than the cartoon but meh. My main concern is the downgrade to pro. Whats missing? Not only are premiums out of my range but I just dont get a chance to even play many on location where I live

#1154 3 years ago

If the pro has no actual diverter and no spinning pizza it's such a big pass.
I know its insanely unlikely now but I still hoping the funhouse layout means there is a trap door/sewer in that loop we arent seeing.
Also I may have ordered pizza for dinner tonight. Needed to be done.

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

so...would a player even know if they were playing against someone vs computer

Yeah, play one and see. It shows the player's name above each cart on both the playfield and backglass. Easy.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Is there any satisfaction like a video game where you see each other together on a screen & can truly interact?

Yeah. Play one and see. You have a minimap that contains the other players that is visible during the entire race.

Playing against others online is like playing... A multiplayer game of pinball. With adequate anti-cheat measures, just as acceptable as an in person game... and none of the extremely tedious waiting. I had a lot of fun playing against people on other continents just last week... But I must be wrong. if that becomes the norm, I'd embrace it. I cannot stand multiplayer games most of the time.

Quoted from Rarehero:

make it worthwhile for pinball developers.

you must be right. My first game just about done, starting on my second. Certainly no one interested in the P3...

Not sure why you are so anti-P3, but hope that helps clarify for you and others how the online play works. And it does work amazingly well... Mario Kart is very similar, but matchmaking and hosting is much faster and easier on the P3. Enjoy your turtles! Looking forward to seeing some better pictures soon.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

What was Amber's response?

Lollll. She said just do it. You’re going to anyway.

#1157 3 years ago

Just locked in a LE[quoted image]

That looks awesome. Zombie Yeti has done a great job.

Congratulations on your purchase

#1158 3 years ago

Idk. I think Rarehero made some valid points about online play. I dont think he was ragging on p3 really. No multiporphic hype threads though.

And stop trying to compare Cosmic cart racing to Mario Kart. Its embarrassing. You can just say cart racing. We get it. It's an existing genre in video games.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No multiporphic hype threads though.

Feedback for Heist has been pretty good on here. Even Rarehero was positive about it if I recall correctly.
Online play is a gamechanger in my opinion, especially in the current environment. There is a lot more in terms of online functionality coming from Multimorphic.

#1161 3 years ago

(Posted in the wrong thread earlier)

It’ll be a sell out! Evergreen theme and fun for the whole family. Looks quite packed as well! Layout is very different from usual Borg titles. Can’t wait to see high Rez shots!
Spinning disks have been on many machines, but I don’t have one yet and the way this is integrated by pressing button to eat pizza, looks fun and unusual. Good job John!

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Not sure why you are so anti-P3, but hope that helps clarify for you and others how the online play works. And it does work amazingly well... Mario Kart is very similar, but matchmaking and hosting is much faster and easier on the P3.

I’ve never been anti-P3. I was one of the first to sing praises for the concept after I played it around 2011 or ‘12 at the Pacific Pinball Expo. I’m anti “stupid notions for online pinball play”. I’ve said that Cosmic Cart is actually something that somewhat makes sense, but still the reality is that an online “pinball race” will never have the satisfaction of an online racing game where you & the other players are sharing the same visuals, bumping into each other, etc. It’s also a reality that it’ll never have the user base of a video game. That’s a delusional statement to say that matchmaking is faster on P3. If you go on Mario Kart, that’s a userbase of 20 million+. Instant matches. What’s the user base of Cosmic Cart online? 10? 50? 100? It’s a cute gimmick, but not a realistically consistent online userbase. It’s what the kids would call “dead”.

#1163 3 years ago

Anyone have a good distributor they can recommend? I am currently in a legal battle with my old one :/.

#1164 3 years ago
FB_IMG_1590560326615 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1590560326615 (resized).jpg
#1165 3 years ago

where did you find this picture?

#1166 3 years ago

Look's like the side ramp feeds to the left loop? So this means a doctor who style loopable ramp?
Also seems to bring the locked balls to the van.

Or is it the right ramp that does this?

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Anyone have a good distributor they can recommend? I am currently in a legal battle with my old one :/.

All distributors slink back into the bushes.......your in a legal battle with your current one!

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

All distributors slink back into the bushes.......your in a legal battle with your current one!

Well it is a simple matter of me paying for two new games that he never delivered. It isn’t like I am looking to start trouble.

I am a simple man…I get an invoice, I pay it, I expect my product.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Have you talked to Fred locally? (Assuming that’s not who you’re having issues with)
He’s the only Stern distributor I know of locally.
If I were going to buy new in box, I would probably go there simply because I could drive over and pick it up. Hence no risk in getting damaged in shipping.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

where did you find this picture?

Kaneda posted it on his FB

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Kaneda posted it on his FB

ah okay. Thanks

#1172 3 years ago
IMG_20200527_091105_507 (resized).jpgIMG_20200527_091105_507 (resized).jpg
#1173 3 years ago

When are these supposed to be released?

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

When are these supposed to be released?

Stern is announcing tomorrow

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from kia85:

[quoted image]

Can you make the watermark a little more obnoxious?

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you make the watermark a little more obnoxious?

He could push the actual pic to the side and crop it, to make the text bigger, like your Avatar!

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He could push the actual pic to the side and crop it, to make the text bigger, like your Avatar!

Don't give him any ideas.

#1178 3 years ago

I guess the Italian version doesn’t come with legs.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I guess the Italian version doesn’t come with legs.

That's the real Italian Bottom. Whoa Nellie-style location improvisation to stand it up.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly dunno what you guys want.
Stern does put together high quality press releases. This was a bunch of professionally shot photos, and a video, ready for the press. But here's how press release stuff works, you send it out ahead time to the writers. I work in the press, I used to cover Stern's announcements, here's my old article on Star Trek for instance:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/after-20-year-absence-star-trek-returns-to-the-world-of-pinball/
I had all those photos a few days ahead of the announcement, along with details. It gave me time to write up an article, held under embargo, until the release time. Then we're able to have a story up in a timely fashion, which is good for us, and it helps Stern with their media push. Everyone else puts up their pieces too, it's how normal business is done. I'm under no obligation to say nice things, it's not shady, the agreement is simply we get early access to not have to rush to write, in return for waiting until the released date to publish.
The problem isn't that Stern is doing a bad job, it's that they're trusting some people they clearly shouldn't. I didn't leak my photos to clout whores, I can tell you that, but someone is. If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking. I won't tell you who sent them to me!
But I respect Stern too much to take their images and blow them up online like that. Whoever's leaking them doesn't respect the company, and is abusing the trust. Be annoyed with them, not Stern.

The issue isn’t that the press leak the shots - they’d be much higher quality if they did. These leaks always seem to come from distributors, often from the video presentation ahead of launch. There is literally no need for this to occur in this day and age - Stern could quite easily manage the launch without including the distros, note that distro pre-orders start the following day, and then release any additional info they require to them following the announcement. This is entirely Sterns fault, every single time.

Quoted from aeonblack:

These podcasts and blogs don't carry that same attitude and responsibility and so they say and do whatever they want. I know a lot of these leaks end up coming from distros as well, and I'm yet again left wondering why it is that distro's even need to see this information before anyone else? So they can put up a product page on their websites? Be "informed"? I've never met a distro who won't take my money when I say "I want this", so it's completely moot.
I respect Stern as well, which is why I give a damn.

Exactly.

#1181 3 years ago

2nd appearance of a VW Bus on a pinball machine?

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m still trying to figure that out. The first pic that leaked shows what appears to be a diverter on the pro but NO Ralph. If the diverter is still there, I can live without the toy as I actually don’t even like it. I’m would be surprised though if the diverter mech and ability to change was the same on both. If it’s the same, you’re talking about a ball lock and some toy on top of a pop bumper? Would be a pro for me if that’s the case.

It’s a shame Krang doesn’t lift up the pop for a secret subway entrance.

#1183 3 years ago

I'm digging the art on the pro. When u consider the full package (backglass, sides, etc) it might be the best. LE front is absolutely awful.

Bring on the official video!

I'm also curious if Stern will have these available today to buy like ST? Is that the new expectation or was that just a one trick pony?

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm digging the art on the pro....when. You consider the full package (backglass, sides, etc) it might be the best. LE front is awful.
Bring on the official video!

LE back glass is by far the best. I think the side art on the LE is also better. Shame the front cabinet has those overly kiddie turtles.

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

LE back glass is by far the best. I think the side art on the LE is also better. Shame the front cabinet has those overly kiddie turtles.

I agree that the backglass is the best. Pro is second for backglass bc it has April on it. Premium 3rd although all three are strong.

The LE colors to me just don't go well with the green armor. I don't like the reimagined drill in the left and the turtles look meh on the right. The front is so bad, I couldn't have picked a worse picture for it. The LE leaves a lot to be desired.

Premium side art is good too, not really amazing but solid. Premium is def #2.

Overall when I look at my GB and then Zombies DP, this art is not as in your face as those. It's still very good but I can see how people might be a little disappointed. For me it's definitely good enough and checks the box of classic tmnt that was imperative

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

2nd appearance of a VW Bus on a pinball machine?

Williams Junk Yard had one.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Williams Junk Yard had one.

And toilet too.

#1188 3 years ago

This game looks okay and im sure it will be fun but there are three things that kill it for me

#1 Theme
#2 coded by Dwight so it will take forever to be complete and maybe never will be complete
#3 the long one piece targets instead of drop targets. That shit sucks and is getting old. Should at least be single stand ups

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game looks okay and im sure it will be fun but there are three things that kill it for me
#1 Theme
#2 coded by Dwight so it will take forever to be complete and maybe never will be complete
#3 the long one piece targets instead of drop targets. That shit sucks and is getting old. Should at least be single stand ups

I agree on #2 and #3. No rush.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And toilet too.

It deserved one. I sold my junkyard after a month. Go so bored of that clunker so fast. Fun theme but unless you have 40 other games to play its just a big ol waste of space.
Stupid Bob and his stupid dog lol.

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

#1 Theme

Disagree on #2! GB had no priority for Stern. Munsters was never targetted to be deep. GOT and SW are great and were completed quite fast.
So play before you buy is a good advice to all.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Disagree on #2! GB had no priority for Stern. Munsters was never targetted to be deep. GOT and SW are great and were completed quite fast.

Conversely, I only agree with his second statement. Dwight has made games that are acceptable at best. Nothing mind blowing has ever come from him, and have been bad at worst. Not a spectrum of quality that has me salivating when I see him on code.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

GOT underwent a full rewrite.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Conversely, I only agree with his second statement. Dwight has made games that are acceptable at best. Nothing mind blowing has ever come from him, and have been bad at worst. Not a spectrum of quality that has me salivating when I see him on code.

Everyone’s different. He’s my favorite coder at stern. I love GOT and SW. GB I’d like more if the layout shot better. Munsters isn’t geared towards me so I never expected to like it as much as GOT and SW.

I expect this code to be a lot closer to GOT and SW and GB. or at least I hope it is. Can’t wait to see what Dwight has come up with.

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everyone’s different. He’s my favorite coder at stern. I love GOT and SW. GB I’d like more if the layout shot better. Munsters isn’t geared towards me so I never expected to like it as much as GOT and SW.
I expect this code to be a lot closer to GOT and SW and GB. or at least I hope it is. Can’t wait to see what Dwight has come up with.

I would like to see him stear away from the always build the multiplier schtick.

It is old and not much fun to actually play.

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everyone’s different. He’s my favorite coder at stern.

He..... wh........ what? More than Lyman? Is he a friend? I never EVER see a new game and think to myself "oh god I hope it's Dwight doing code. Please god please make it Dwight on code this game."

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to see him stear away from the always build the multiplier schtick.
It is old and not much fun to actually play.

I just love that multiplier logic! GOT even the most. Such a rush in building multipliers and making the combo's in prep to cash for the big pay off!
Like I scored 2 days ago a single Martell shot in GOT of 768M! And this was fully aware prepared.. to me this way a game like this never looses it's magic.

I love the fact that they left the path of a long game equals a good game... it brings a lot more strategy in what to play when. And I like that a lot!

So yes, very curious about this release..

Is Dwight better than Lyman or vice versa? No, they are different, but I like both styles a lot!

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

He..... wh........ what? More than Lyman? Is he a friend? I never EVER see a new game and think to myself "oh god I hope it's Dwight doing code. Please god please make it Dwight on code this game."

Yep. GOT blew my mind and SW is like GOT on steroids. I love the fanfare he creates for those massive multiplied shots. I’m a sucker for big points.

Lymans amazing and so is Elwin. Dwights games just speak to me more especially when combined with a design that is fast and flowly.

#1199 3 years ago

If you're a fanboy of Turtles, then I can imagine you're thrilled, so congratulations on your grail theme being released.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you're a fanboy of Turtles, then I can imagine you're thrilled, so congratulations on your grail theme being released.

.....again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 22.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/24?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.