20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 64.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Wheres Miyamoto Usagi

Usagi Yojimbo?

A wizard mode with him would be pretty cool.

#1102 3 years ago

Im a sucker for 3 ramps, this looks like endless combo fun, I'm more hype than K!

Arcade-3 (resized).jpgArcade-3 (resized).jpg
#1103 3 years ago

Since its a New Stern TMNT and the second pinball the abbreviation will definatly be NSTMNT2!

#1104 3 years ago

*snorts*
TOITLES!

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Im a sucker for 3 ramps, this looks like endless combo fun, I'm more hype than K!
[quoted image]

Why in the hell does street fighter 2 in this picture have four player controls? Lmao.

Cps2 games did have 4 player games, but that is blatantly street fighter 2 themed/colored, and no 4 player game would support 4 players with six buttons. I'm nerd raging at this pic. Lol

#1106 3 years ago

I’m more concerned about the bedspread....I imagine it may be difficult to convince the fairer sex to “sleep over” on that haha.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Why in the hell does street fighter 2 in this picture have four player controls? Lmao.
Cps2 games did have 4 player games, but that is blatantly street fighter 2 themed/colored, and no 4 player game would support 4 players with six buttons. I'm nerd raging at this pic. Lol

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly dunno what you guys want.
Stern does put together high quality press releases. This was a bunch of professionally shot photos, and a video, ready for the press. But here's how press release stuff works, you send it out ahead time to the writers. I work in the press, I used to cover Stern's announcements, here's my old article on Star Trek for instance:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/after-20-year-absence-star-trek-returns-to-the-world-of-pinball/
I had all those photos a few days ahead of the announcement, along with details. It gave me time to write up an article, held under embargo, until the release time. Then we're able to have a story up in a timely fashion, which is good for us, and it helps Stern with their media push. Everyone else puts up their pieces too, it's how normal business is done. I'm under no obligation to say nice things, it's not shady, the agreement is simply we get early access to not have to rush to write, in return for waiting until the released date to publish.
The problem isn't that Stern is doing a bad job, it's that they're trusting some people they clearly shouldn't. I didn't leak my photos to clout whores, I can tell you that, but someone is. If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking. I won't tell you who sent them to me!
But I respect Stern too much to take their images and blow them up online like that. Whoever's leaking them doesn't respect the company, and is abusing the trust. Be annoyed with them, not Stern.

Just as I said, I want Stern to make sure they are the ones controlling the information, not a bunch of low-rent "journalists". Ars Technica, IGN, etc. are real, trusted news sources, and while they may be leaning towards a blog-style with some articles, they still maintain a journalistic integrity and generally staff people who are proven or who have at the very least gone to school for journalism and understand what "journalistic integrity" means. You talk about how you wouldn't leak stuff, and there is a reason for that. You understand the process and what it can do to a career when a source stops trusting you. But Stern doesn't seem to give a damn who leaks what, and the only people that suffer for that are the people who are actually interested in their product.

These podcasts and blogs don't carry that same attitude and responsibility and so they say and do whatever they want. I know a lot of these leaks end up coming from distros as well, and I'm yet again left wondering why it is that distro's even need to see this information before anyone else? So they can put up a product page on their websites? Be "informed"? I've never met a distro who won't take my money when I say "I want this", so it's completely moot.

I respect Stern as well, which is why I give a damn.

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's his widely expensive and over-hyped MAME cabinet... was a popular conversation on the arcade forums a few years back.

#1109 3 years ago

Looking at the wireforms on the pro it doesnt look like that metal triangle could possibly divert the ball, so what the hell does it do?

#1110 3 years ago

We have not yet seen how it plays, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to buy that "tied to a pop"-Krang and that glider thing as a mod for the Pro (without actual function of course, but I'm intrigued what that thingy does). So the Pro may be just fine?

What else are we missing?
A ramp is missing and the ball lock at least...

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Incorrect. How can people who are having fun hanging out online already all of a sudden not have fun when they ADD an additional layer of interactivity [called competitive pinbal]??
You also must have never heard of Twitch. Growing faster than YouTube. Millions of people clearly enjoy watching with no interactivity.
At least this way you are also interacting via not only video chat but also scores on the same game.
And...if you have any imagination at all (which I’m beginning to doubt) then you could easily find numerous ways to affect/divert a ball on your buddies’ PF so long as the effect is built-in and can be used only once per player but must be timed correctly for maximum impact.

I have enough imagination to know that your definition of “online pinball” sounds like a nightmare of boredom.

Also, when’s your P3 arriving?

Clearly you’re new and don’t understand pinball. Maybe you’ll understand and enjoy the game someday. Pinball is nothing like a video game & by its very nature cannot be as interactive & satisfying online like a video game is, nor will it ever have the userbase to make it worthwhile for pinball developers.

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Looking at the wireforms on the pro it doesnt look like that metal triangle could possibly divert the ball, so what the hell does it do?

If it can move up & down this could be a ball lock for both ramps at the same time.

Like the "fall-of-rod" in Stranger Things,... only not made out of plastic and one coil for double the pleasure.

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m more concerned about the bedspread....I imagine it may be difficult to convince the fairer sex to “sleep over” on that haha.

I'd be more interested in what his parents think of it.

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We have not yet seen how it plays, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to buy that "tied to a pop"-Krang and that glider thing as a mod for the Pro (without actual function of course, but I'm intrigued what that thingy does). So the Pro may be just fine?
What else are we missing?
A ramp is missing and the ball lock at least...

I think that metal thing on the pro does move to direct it. What ramp would be missing on the pro though?

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So many look to be clear inserts. Here is to hoping for full RGB LEDs Inserts.

RGB LED inserts for marking the color of the turtle that defeated the character.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

This is a major huge hit on par with Keith Elwins Jurassic Park from both theme and gameplay wise.

How do you know it’s a huge hit gameplay wise?

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

RGB LED inserts for marking the color of the turtle that defeated the character.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That's a plus for the theme and players. RGB on the Pro and Prem/LE or just the Prem/LE?

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly dunno what you guys want.
Stern does put together high quality press releases. This was a bunch of professionally shot photos, and a video, ready for the press. But here's how press release stuff works, you send it out ahead time to the writers. I work in the press, I used to cover Stern's announcements, here's my old article on Star Trek for instance:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/after-20-year-absence-star-trek-returns-to-the-world-of-pinball/
I had all those photos a few days ahead of the announcement, along with details. It gave me time to write up an article, held under embargo, until the release time. Then we're able to have a story up in a timely fashion, which is good for us, and it helps Stern with their media push. Everyone else puts up their pieces too, it's how normal business is done. I'm under no obligation to say nice things, it's not shady, the agreement is simply we get early access to not have to rush to write, in return for waiting until the released date to publish.
The problem isn't that Stern is doing a bad job, it's that they're trusting some people they clearly shouldn't. I didn't leak my photos to clout whores, I can tell you that, but someone is. If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking. I won't tell you who sent them to me!
But I respect Stern too much to take their images and blow them up online like that. Whoever's leaking them doesn't respect the company, and is abusing the trust. Be annoyed with them, not Stern.

The problem is you can't trust anybody. It seems like everybody knows somebody in the industry (always a podcaster it seems like) and gets a sneak peak on a phone, talked about it with a developer, etc. I can't tell you the amount of times people I consider friends in the industry have told me stuff and I'm like "I don't want to know about it or talk about it...I want it to be like Christmas". Soon after it gets out, not from me of course, and I'm like "jeez I hope that person doesn't think it was me who betrayed him or something". Frankly I'm thrilled that X theme is being made (often times the game has been developed/close to retail for many months even years) but at the end of the day I have other stuff to be worried about and morally I don't work that way.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Just as I said, I want Stern to make sure they are the ones controlling the information, not a bunch of low-rent "journalists". Ars Technica, IGN, etc. are real, trusted news sources, and while they may be leaning towards a blog-style with some articles, they still maintain a journalistic integrity and generally staff people who are proven or who have at the very least gone to school for journalism and understand what "journalistic integrity" means. You talk about how you wouldn't leak stuff, and there is a reason for that. You understand the process and what it can do to a career when a source stops trusting you. But Stern doesn't seem to give a damn who leaks what, and the only people that suffer for that are the people who are actually interested in their product.
These podcasts and blogs don't carry that same attitude and responsibility and so they say and do whatever they want. I know a lot of these leaks end up coming from distros as well, and I'm yet again left wondering why it is that distro's even need to see this information before anyone else? So they can put up a product page on their websites? Be "informed"? I've never met a distro who won't take my money when I say "I want this", so it's completely moot.

I agree with this statement except that Stern does give a damn about these leaks, all the companies do. All these podcasters know stuff and share it within a tight network of other industry/podcaster friends. Some of these podcasters however know MORE stuff and they don't leak it out. Pinball Magazine Podcast for example those guys probably know what Deeproot is up to but won't say anything.

The distributors being shown or told what the next game is HAS to stop though I completely agree. Long gone are the trade shows but now turned digital. This isn't like the early 00's in which REC.Pinball is the source of news and you connect to it via dial-up or RePlay Magazine or Pinball Expo.

#1119 3 years ago

Looks like RGB on all models to me (clear inserts on pro and prem)

Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a plus for the theme and players. RGB on the Pro and Prem/LE or just the Prem/LE?

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think that metal thing on the pro does move to direct it. What ramp would be missing on the pro though?

Today‘s not your day Delt.

There is nowhere to direct it other then a full stop. The two ramps arent „open“ on the pro.

The ramp missing is the missing ramp In the spot as described. XD
Just follow the shooter lane and you‘ll see. On the Premium/LE the shootrr lane seems to lead into a ramp that feeds into the cross ramps.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How do you know it’s a huge hit gameplay wise?

He doesn't.

#1122 3 years ago

Who are the team ups? Splinter and Casey Jones are two, who are the other two?

#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have enough imagination to know that your definition of “online pinball” sounds like a nightmare of boredom.
Also, when’s your P3 arriving?
Clearly you’re new and don’t understand pinball. Maybe you’ll understand and enjoy the game someday. Pinball is nothing like a video game & by its very nature cannot be as interactive & satisfying online like a video game is, nor will it ever have the userbase to make it worthwhile for pinball developers.

You failed to answer my question....I won’t be holding my breath as it’s clear you lack logic.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

IGN? Journalistic integrity? IGN is the biggest shill for the video game industry. They’ve even been found guilty of plagiarizing other people numerous times. They will glamorize any product as long they continue to get benefits from companies.

#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

IGN? Journalistic integrity? IGN is the biggest shill for the video game industry. They’ve even been found guilty of plagiarizing other people numerous times. They will glamorize any product as long they continue to get benefits from companies.

That's fair, I agree there. But the point remains.

#1127 3 years ago

Stern JP is supposed to use JP2 or JP3 depending on who you talk to but its so good that I've noticed it's usually just JP and the old one has been resigned to DE JP.
I think if a game is good enough it gets the better acronym. Time will tell but I'd guess this one start to get referred to as TMNT and the old one will just be DE TMNT.

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That's fair, I agree there. But the point remains.

I agree with his point as well. I just wouldn’t include ign with term journalistic integrity

That being said. It’s absolutely crazy how much more effort went into tmnt vs stranger things.

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Today‘s not your day Delt.
There is nowhere to direct it other then a full stop. The two ramps arent „open“ on the pro.
The ramp missing is the missing ramp In the spot as described. XD
Just follow the shooter lane and you‘ll see. On the Premium/LE the shootrr lane seems to lead into a ramp that feeds into the cross ramps.

haha - it's hard to see these things on these pics so I'll revisit. Appreciate the info.

EDIT - still hard to see. I can tell entry from shooter is a little diff. If no diverter on pro, I can see that metal piece acting as a ball stop one on each side awaiting a third to initiate MB which would be cool.

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from AttackFromPhilly:

Who are the team ups? Splinter and Casey Jones are two, who are the other two?

Metalhead and one of the Neutrinos

#1131 3 years ago

Help raise money for this little boy's affliction. He is chronically addicted to pinball. With your support we can get him the life saving TMNT he needs. Call now. Operators are standing by.
(Disney World, Florida 1990)

Resized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpgResized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpg
#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Help raise money for this little boy's affliction. He is chronically addicted to pinball. With your support we can get him the life saving TMNT he needs. Call now. Operators are standing by.
[quoted image]

Ha, awesome!

We’re probably similar in age and I remember being at mgm around the same time and thinking how great that exhibit was.

#1133 3 years ago

Hearing potentially Pros may be out in June and Prem /LE in July. I'll get a Pro and enjoy my time with it, then maybe upgrade to a Premium if the missing features really missed.

In regards to IGN, they are similar to enthusiast press, but I worked freelance for them a while back and there was some real integrity there. Love all the work Sam Claiborn does and Peer Schneider is just a class act. Other talent has come and gone, but I will always appreciate that site for the Playstation community they built around PS3 and PSP/Vita, and several years of excellent podcasts (Beyond, Gamescoop).

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Metalhead and one of the Neutrinos

Ha! I was just looking this up too. The Neutrino’s name is Dask.

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

That’s bitchin

#1136 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern JP is supposed to use JP2 or JP3 depending on who you talk to but its so good that I've noticed it's usually just JP and the old one has been resigned to DE JP.
I think if a game is good enough it gets the better acronym. Time will tell but I'd guess this one start to get referred to as TMNT and the old one will just be DE TMNT.

The whole Pinside acronym thing has gotten really silly. Iron Maiden for example, is called "IMDN"? Why not just Maiden or IMLOTB. I guess six characters is way too many lol. There's already a number of Star Trek pins, might as well call it STRTRK?

Im looking forward to playing the new Ninja Turtle pinball. It looks like there's an orbit shot next to the side ramp. I dig that.

#1137 3 years ago

Yeah, Stern's JP became "JP" and Data East's JP became "DE JP" because the Stern was getting talked about so much more, we just took JP to mean the Stern, like in those questions, "Should I get EHoH or JP?" "Met or DP or JP?" So this will become TMNT pretty quick, and then it's DE TMNT for the old one...

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Collect pizza slices like coins in potc?

Please god no.

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

This is a major huge hit on par with Keith Elwins Jurassic Park from both theme and gameplay wise. I want to see gameplay first

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Agreed. I am really excited about the diverter in the middle though as an avid Shadow fan

#1141 3 years ago

The art looks like it really pops. Can't wait to see some higher resolution pics with the proper colour correction

#1142 3 years ago

Why are there so many plastic ramps? Just make them all metal!

#1143 3 years ago

Am I the only one that feels like the inserts were an afterthought on this game? I feel as though the artist knew the playfield layout, but it seems pretty obvious they were not provided the location of the inserts. They look like they were just plastered on top of the artwork. The art itself is nice, but that aspect bothers me more then I though it would.

#1144 3 years ago

Not sure if this relates too much, but what does a new release means for an older version? Does the older TMNT becomes more collectible or desired, or does it become less attractive since a newer one is out? Just trying to prepare as a recent owner of a TMNT... errr DE TMNT

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Not sure if this relates too much, but what does a new release means for an older version? Does the older TMNT becomes more collectible or desired, or does it become less attractive since a newer one is out? Just trying to prepare as a recent owner of a TMNT... errr DE TMNT

Same thing as Jurassic Park?

#1146 3 years ago

Game is lacking innovation in the toy department. Ramp diverter via shadow. Magnet spinner pulled right from xmen. And a physical ball lock in a van.

Game just looks cookie cutter at first glance.

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

DE TMNT has always been a dog on the secondary market, so if anything, I would expect this to further tarnish its long-term value since fans now have a choice of pins. The code would have to be REALLY BAD to be worse than the DE one, and I don't think that's happening.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Game is lacking innovation in the toy department. Ramp diverter via shadow. Magnet spinner pulled right from xmen. And a physical ball lock in a van.
Game just looks cookie cutter at first glance.

I hear you on this. As someone that really isn't a big fan of a diverter feature (and if they expect you to press that middle button -even worse bc that's much harder than the shadow button placement) it is a little bit of a let down. Right now pro seems to be leading the pack for me but of course streaming gameplay is key.

I said I would be bummed if pro was the case bc that meant Stern didn't earn it but I'm not surprised. They got the art right - or right enough bc that would have been a pass no question if they went with anything but classic. Excited to see gameplay tomorrow via the teaser video. I need to hear audio!

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Solid Borg layout- looks like fun.
Unfortunately can’t get past the theme. If I had any nostalgia for the it I’d be a happy camper though.

Looks like Munsters in a lot of ways. Borg layout. Monos, ramp entrances, etc

#1150 3 years ago

Just locked in LE. That artwork got me.

7008AA5F-BA63-42D3-B72F-828992726072 (resized).png7008AA5F-BA63-42D3-B72F-828992726072 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/23?hl=ricard2798 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.