20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 64.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

TWIP posted the high res photos...

I guess we have wildly different opinions on what defines high res.

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You don’t want to know.
Actually that’s a bit harsh. But you’d be crazy to buy this until you see how the code shapes up.

That's what I thought, fun looking layout but having 1313 flashbacks

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That's what I thought, fun looking layout but having 1313 flashbacks

Those flashbacks would be warranted.

All I wish for is another Lyman/Borg combo.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Those flashbacks would be warranted.
All I wish for is another Lyman/Borg combo.

You mean like MET or TWD? Bah.... those games aren't any good. /sarcasm

#1056 3 years ago

This theme was
Cool. When I was 8-10 years old.
Too bad they didn’t go dark like the first movie.

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

This theme was
Cool. When I was 8-10 years old.
Too bad they didn’t go dark like the first movie.

So if they went dark for you, it would piss many more off that wanted this. You can never win.

#1058 3 years ago

How do the balls get loaded onto the spinning pizza magnet?

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Maybe release out of the van?

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I'm assuming out of the van...essentially the van is the X-Men magneto lock.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Then why the hell are you in a TMNT hype thread? Did TSPP saying "d'oh" make you out on that machine, too?

Eat my shorts ?

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You don’t want to know.
Actually that’s a bit harsh. But you’d be crazy to buy this until you see how the code shapes up.

lol. That old dwight vs lyman chestnut.

Really like the look of the machine and thats one thing that puts a -ve on it.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

can it also load them from the shooter like twister?

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This looks really fun! Too bad I live in a pinball wasteland and havent gotten to play anything new since Munsters....

A few months back Id say these would be everywhere.
It can’t be an easy decision for operators opening in this environment.

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I only see at 2x playfield reference on the playfield, so thats promising!

2X when it’s lit
4X when it’s flashing
6x when its pulsing
12x when its purple
24x when it’s orange

#1067 3 years ago

Quick! Someone put a UV light on the playfield so we can see what is hiding.

#1068 3 years ago

Shots look kinda similar to munsters…

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1069 3 years ago

Guys what are these things I circled in yellow? They look like magnets on the pf to hold the ball? One is very large and some have turtle colors around them (yellow purple etc).

20200526_204943 (resized).jpg20200526_204943 (resized).jpg

20200526_205318 (resized).jpg20200526_205318 (resized).jpg
#1070 3 years ago

To me TMNT reminds me of this cartoon:

The artwork looks exactly like the cartoon/Konami game. You got Krang, the Technodrome, Shredder, Casey Jones, April, just all of it. This is a mega huge hit for older millennials like me who grew up on TMNT who lived off the cartoon and TMNT/X-MEN/Simpsons video arcade cabs. This is a major huge hit on par with Keith Elwins Jurassic Park from both theme and gameplay wise. I want to see gameplay first (likely Friday) and play it myself someday but this is big.

Did anybody notice the rule card is now black instead of yellow?

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Shots look kinda similar to munsters…[quoted image]

It's an amalgam of a lot of Borg and Stern in general playfield tropes. The extra ramp on TMNT where the grandpa scoop means it will shoot a lot different than Munsters. The van lock and magnetic disc are straight out of X-Men. The 3rd flipper with a passage behind is more like Spiderman (which has that on the right and was designed by Ritchie).

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys what are these things I circled in yellow? They look like magnets on the pf to hold the ball? One is very large and some have turtle colors around them (yellow purple etc).
[quoted image]

Definitely inserts. Probably for modes. You can see the jewel look on them.

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely inserts. Probably for modes. You can see the jewel look on them.

Got you. Maybe the largest one is wizard

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So, those are called “inserts”

#1075 3 years ago

What's the abbreviation for this - TMNT is taken by the DE one.

STMNT (Stern TMNT)
NTMNT (Neo-TMNT)
TMNT2

Or...???

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

looks like you fight shredder after defeating the other 6 bad guys.

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha ok ok they looked like metal thought how could that be....

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

STMNT (Stern TMNT)
NTMNT (Neo-TMNT)
TMNT2
Or...???

Tmnt2

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys what are these things I circled in yellow? They look like magnets on the pf to hold the ball?
[quoted image]

stern is using about 14 magnets in the lower playfield. no more "cheap target" complaints! lol...

abbreviation will clearly be sturtles. might as well since everything else is 5 or more letters.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2X when it’s lit
4X when it’s flashing
6x when its pulsing
12x when its purple
24x when it’s orange

I’m down.

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah, getting a deadpool-ish vibe out of the progression dot laid over each character and a larger one for the wizard mode. Probably will need a pin monk color bracket for each of them.

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TMNT for this one, Data east can have TMNTDE

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False equivalency. Hanging out with friends together is different than a machine doing nothing while people online do things.

Incorrect. How can people who are having fun hanging out online already all of a sudden not have fun when they ADD an additional layer of interactivity [called competitive pinbal]??

You also must have never heard of Twitch. Growing faster than YouTube. Millions of people clearly enjoy watching with no interactivity.

At least this way you are also interacting via not only video chat but also scores on the same game.

And...if you have any imagination at all (which I’m beginning to doubt) then you could easily find numerous ways to affect/divert a ball on your buddies’ PF so long as the effect is built-in and can be used only once per player but must be timed correctly for maximum impact.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

TMNT for this one, Data east can have TMNTDE

You'll have to talk to Robin about that. TMNT is already Data East on pinside. Try hovering over the letters.

#1085 3 years ago

I like the way NTMNT looks, but TMNT2 is probably the best one.

#1086 3 years ago

TMNT2 for sure

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TMNT2 for sure

this. Im still mad they didnt go with my Eggos suggestion for Stranger Things.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Stern needs to get better at putting out their own high quality press releases before people leak them. I just want to see some proper high quality pictures and a proper high quality video, not Kaneda's shitty jabs at TPN and crappy low res grainy photos.

I honestly dunno what you guys want.

Stern does put together high quality press releases. This was a bunch of professionally shot photos, and a video, ready for the press. But here's how press release stuff works, you send it out ahead time to the writers. I work in the press, I used to cover Stern's announcements, here's my old article on Star Trek for instance:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/after-20-year-absence-star-trek-returns-to-the-world-of-pinball/

I had all those photos a few days ahead of the announcement, along with details. It gave me time to write up an article, held under embargo, until the release time. Then we're able to have a story up in a timely fashion, which is good for us, and it helps Stern with their media push. Everyone else puts up their pieces too, it's how normal business is done. I'm under no obligation to say nice things, it's not shady, the agreement is simply we get early access to not have to rush to write, in return for waiting until the released date to publish.

The problem isn't that Stern is doing a bad job, it's that they're trusting some people they clearly shouldn't. I didn't leak my photos to clout whores, I can tell you that, but someone is. If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking. I won't tell you who sent them to me!

But I respect Stern too much to take their images and blow them up online like that. Whoever's leaking them doesn't respect the company, and is abusing the trust. Be annoyed with them, not Stern.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So many look to be clear inserts. Here is to hoping for full RGB LEDs Inserts.

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly dunno what you guys want.
Stern does put together high quality press releases. This was a bunch of professionally shot photos, and a video, ready for the press. But here's how press release stuff works, you send it out ahead time to the writers. I work in the press, I used to cover Stern's announcements, here's my old article on Star Trek for instance:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/after-20-year-absence-star-trek-returns-to-the-world-of-pinball/
I had all those photos a few days ahead of the announcement, along with details. It gave me time to write up an article, held under embargo, until the release time. Then we're able to have a story up in a timely fashion, which is good for us, and it helps Stern with their media push. Everyone else puts up their pieces too, it's how normal business is done. I'm under no obligation to say nice things, it's not shady, the agreement is simply we get early access to not have to rush to write, in return for waiting until the released date to publish.
The problem isn't that Stern is doing a bad job, it's that they're trusting some people they clearly shouldn't. I didn't leak my photos to clout whores, I can tell you that, but someone is. If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking. I won't tell you who sent them to me!
But I respect Stern too much to take their images and blow them up online like that. Whoever's leaking them doesn't respect the company, and is abusing the trust. Be annoyed with them, not Stern.

IGN gets to "release" stern games for some reason. No one reads it. This drums up hype before the "release"

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

This is a recipe for disappointment. What do you think this is, Game of Thrones?

#1092 3 years ago

Lots of people read it. I can tell you lots of people read my articles, and we don't have as big an audience for gaming content as a focused place like IGN.

Pinside likes to think the universe revolves around here. I can tell you that after taking a year off from posting that I was still able to keep up with pinball news just fine. You know where I got all the details for the new Elvira? IGN.

#1093 3 years ago

I know you are! ....and since I love GOT & SW multipliers, I guess I am too!

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Paging PinMonk

#1095 3 years ago

I actually watch the IGN reveals. I go to IGN every day for my gaming news. If the goal is to grow the hobby it makes sense to put videos in front of that massive audience. Even if the hit rate is really low it may spark some more people coming over to pinball.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know you are! ....and since I love GOT & SW multipliers, I guess I am too!

If I had to guess, this will be a lot closer to SW and GOT than Munsters.

Selectable characters with various powers. Lots of combos and pf x but maybe a 10-15x shot max instead of 25-40.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Paging vireland

Haha. I'm already on it. Putting finishing up Stranger Things brackets and mods on turbo to clear space for this. They MIGHT be RGB, but I really doubt it with Stern's record post-GoT.

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking.

The fix is so obvious the only reasonable explanation is that the call is coming from inside the house.

#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

STMNT (Stern TMNT)
NTMNT (Neo-TMNT)
TMNT2
Or...???

First things first!!!!

Definitely TMNT2. Super simple and easy to remember.

#1100 3 years ago

Wheres Miyamoto Usagi

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,999.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/22?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.