20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 64.
#1001 3 years ago

Hmm, I'm a huge TMNT fan, but I don't know how I feel about the art style. I do appreciate that they based them off of the old school ninja turtles though!

Can't wait to see gameplay of it to see how it plays!

#1002 3 years ago

Game looks packed. Playfield strongly resembles FH but with 2 extra ramps, controllable diverter and spinning pizza with magnet. Plus we get an lcd to boot. Pretty inspired design from Borg, this one has me excited. Points subtracted for not having a Munsters-like lower playfield nor a sewer cover vuk. Undecided about the artwork until better pics.

#1003 3 years ago

So the krang toy looks to be on the pop bumper which must be the thing that lifts it up? If so that's weak sauce bc it's really just something on top of a pop Vs a standalone toy.

Can't wait to see this play but I'm still torn on pro vs premium. I was hoping it was an easy prem choice but I'm not sure.....

I know for sure no le. Super excited to see this one. I really want to see how the pro handles the diverter.

#1004 3 years ago

Excited to hear the sounds and callouts and music, if they are good could be a decent one.

#1005 3 years ago

Wondering if someone will be able to make an after market glider mod for the pro...looks like it's just a big toy attachment..

#1006 3 years ago

Where is the "April Edition"?

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Wondering if someone will be able to make an after market glider mod for the pro...looks like it's just a big toy attachment..

Thought so too, but sont yet gat what that "flap thingy" on the Pro will do.
It doesn't look that it can change the way the ball goes.

#1008 3 years ago

Looks like a fun game, can't wait to see official reveal.

Rob

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Where is the "April Edition"?

In a few months.....

#1010 3 years ago

Ok let’s leak the feature matrix

#1011 3 years ago

I love how Kman is advertising for TPN. Real smooth.

#1012 3 years ago

I'm getting some serious vibes from the area under the right ramp. Feels like the ramp entrance and gem shot from Tron.

#1013 3 years ago

Solid Borg layout- looks like fun.

Unfortunately can’t get past the theme. If I had any nostalgia for theme I’d be a happy camper though.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm getting some serious vibes from the area under the right ramp. Feels like the ramp entrance and gem shot from Tron.

Hopefully just a tad easier than the gem shot. Haha

#1015 3 years ago

What is it with Borg and these shitty giant mono targets? May pass on those alone.

#1016 3 years ago

Wow, LE is wild!
Almost like DP LE and GB LE had a child.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What is it with Borg and these shitty giant mono targets? May pass on those alone.

Ditto!

#1018 3 years ago

I’m seeing a lot of clear targets which might mean RGB LEDs...

#1019 3 years ago

Save the pictures if you want to keep them guys...the C&D notices are flying around facebook already.

#1020 3 years ago

There is a big red X on the left ramp. I’m thinking it’s tied to dimension X somehow - likely code related? would be cool

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Save the pictures if you want to keep them guys...the C&D notices are flying around facebook already.

Really??? WTF??? Honestly, in this era?

Unless the C&D’s are just part of the whole charade.

#1022 3 years ago

Stern needs to get better at putting out their own high quality press releases before people leak them. I just want to see some proper high quality pictures and a proper high quality video, not Kaneda's shitty jabs at TPN and crappy low res grainy photos.

#1023 3 years ago

Layout reminds me of a mirrored Tales from the Crypt.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Not Kaneda's shitty jabs at TPN.

I quite enjoy these. Puts that higher than though attitude TPN and the founder back in his place and brings him back to earth!

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Stern needs to get better at putting out their own high quality press releases before people leak them. I just want to see some proper high quality pictures and a proper high quality video, not Kaneda's shitty jabs at TPN and crappy low res grainy photos.

This is all part of the hype. They leak to 2 or 3 and stay silent for a minute. They could just announce to distro and cosumer at the same time and it wouldnt make a difference at all.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i’m getting baywatch vibes from what i see. i like baywatch. i think this is gonna be another home run from stern

I agree with the baywatch layout, which is pretty solid

#1027 3 years ago

On the apron master splinter saying "press button to eat pizza".

Collect pizza slices like coins in potc?

pizza (2) (resized).jpgpizza (2) (resized).jpg
#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I quite enjoy these. Puts that higher than though attitude TPN and the founder back in his place and brings him back to earth!

I love it when the first real pinball news in months has some jackass trying to make it about him and his hurt feelings

#1029 3 years ago

Layout looks really good. Def not concerned about the rinse and repeat (ala GOTG, Munsters, etc).

#1030 3 years ago

On the pro the left ramp plastic says "Training when lit" on the Prem/LE both ramps say "Training when lit" and " something Glider Value?" Maybe diverter missing on the pro? Not sure what that piece is on the pro though

#1031 3 years ago

Stern should probably have their meeting with distros After They make their official press release.

That is if they truly want to stop the leaks.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

On the pro the left ramp plastic says "Training when lit" on the Prem/LE both ramps say "Training when lit" and " something Glider Value?" Maybe diverter missing on the pro? Not sure what that piece is on the pro though

I’m still trying to figure that out. The first pic that leaked shows what appears to be a diverter on the pro but NO Ralph. If the diverter is still there, I can live without the toy as I actually don’t even like it. I’m would be surprised though if the diverter mech and ability to change was the same on both. If it’s the same, you’re talking about a ball lock and some toy on top of a pop bumper? Would be a pro for me if that’s the case.

#1033 3 years ago

On the pro: looks like the right ramp feeds upper flipper, side ramp feeds right flipper, left ramp feeds left flipper.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern should probably have their meeting with distros After They make their official press release.
That is if they truly want to stop the leaks.

They dont: its all part of the hype machine. It wouldnt be hard to run bad info around to find the leak- but why would they do it?

Leaking like this makes people raise their eyebrows.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

This is all part of the hype. They leak to 2 or 3 and stay silent for a minute. They could just announce to distro and cosumer at the same time and it wouldnt make a difference at all.

2 or 3 my ass, the entire machine is leaked save for a matrix, and this happens every single time. All leaking the information like this does is make Stern look like a bunch of clowns.

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

2 or 3 my ass, the entire machine is leaked save for a matrix, and this happens every single time. All leaking the information like this does is make Stern look like a bunch of clowns.

TWIP and Kaneda posted and then everyone else. Just like every other release. Then TWIP takes it down after an hour and kaneda acts like a bad ass.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

This!

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

He clearly doesn't hate them like he originally said he did, but I wish he did. I HATE them, as well. Might as well just put nothing there. It's basically an auto-complete for that zone anyway.

#1039 3 years ago

These are better than the usual Distro leak images. Distro must have upgraded his Iphone.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

TWIP and Kaneda posted and then everyone else. Just like every other release. Then TWIP takes it down after an hour and kaneda acts like a bad ass.

Yes, and that's the problem. If they are going to send the podcasters videos or pictures before doing an official release themselves, they might as well just send them good photos so we don't have to look at garbage for 24-48 hours every single time a new game comes out.

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who cares.

#1042 3 years ago

Very excited:
-Unique enough layout
-great theme
-upper LEFT flipper (not RIGHT finally)
-disc/van/diverter look cool and interact with balls
-shots look balanced
-ramps look makeable for casuals
-Krang inner orbit looks wider than GEM
-I personally don’t understand the venom for the mono targets **shrugs**. Something being a little easier these days is welcome by me.

LE color explosion looks phenomenal to me. Looks just like someone said above, like GBLE and DPLE.

Pro going on location ASAP at MPB and maybe upgrade down the line!

Wonderful to have new pin excitement these days!

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I HATE them, as well. Might as well just put nothing there. It's basically an auto-complete for that zone anyway.

While I definitely don't like them myself, there are times when you have 4 separate standups but all 4 of them will count as a hit to spell something out the 1st time and then get harder by requiring direct hits to each target as you get more completions. in that case these mono-targets are functionally the same. But it definitely restricts what the code has to work with. (plus they look lame)

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Who is on code?

You don’t want to know.

Actually that’s a bit harsh. But you’d be crazy to buy this until you see how the code shapes up.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yes, and that's the problem. If they are going to send the podcasters videos or pictures before doing an official release themselves, they might as well just send them good photos so we don't have to look at garbage for 24-48 hours every single time a new game comes out.

TWIP posted the high res photos...

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Who is on code?

Don’t ask what you don’t want to know.

#1048 3 years ago

The sounds and call outs will make or break. I’m not in love with the art but layout looks fun. Glad I got the JP and didn’t wait.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

. But you’d be crazy to buy this until you see how the code shapes up.

I only see at 2x playfield reference on the playfield, so thats promising!

#1050 3 years ago

This looks really fun! Too bad I live in a pinball wasteland and havent gotten to play anything new since Munsters....

That'll change next March though.... : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Fountain Hills, AZ
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 16.00
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/21?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.