20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 64.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Ok, who wants to bet that if you put a webcam on newer pins so that you could play online against other players that within a week someone does it naked.
Pinball snap chat roulette anyone?

You're giving it a whole week? Haven't been on the internet much, huh?

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But why is that fun in the context of pinball? You can’t see what the other person is doing or interact. You’d only know at the end of a game who “won”. Who cares? In an online racing game you see & interact with each other.

Why is it so hard to visualize that pinball is not a video game? Lol

I don't like the idea of head-to-head due to setup variances, but co-op online could be fun.

Put an embedded mic in the lock bar, and also a camera in the apron looking up the PF. For something like TMNT, each person chooses a Turtle which has a special power. Lowest GC score goes first, w/ 2nd player watching live. "Should I shoot for modes, or go for locks?" type of interactions. Coaching to the person who may not know the rules as much. Ball ends, goes to Player 2 to pick up where progress left off. If multiball is enabled, both players suddenly see something like "Foot Clan Multiball - Both players are live. Kill as many Foot Clan members as possible, control of the game goes to the person who lasts longest (or kills most...etc.)".

Just some different ways to play, especially since not everyone has that friend down the street with pins. Also TNA showed us that co-op play can be fun, so why not try to make it work for people through the internet, especially with a theme like TMNT where the turtles work together to take down Shredder and his minions. It could also have unintended benefits. With the low amount of pinball owners vs. video gamers, they may be forced to make the Pros and Premiums the same in layout and toys so that they can link up. Premiums would just go back to bling and Pro's may not be as feature-lite from a gameplay perspective.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

How about a sharp pic?

I would never actually leak shots of a game right before it was announced, that's crummy for all the people who worked hard on it. But I think everyone will be happy with the real photos, it's what you'd expect from Zombie Yeti, aka high quality, thoughtful work. I imagine they're coming soon.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Kaneda says "TMNT will NOT have original voice actors. Nickelodeon approved actors and STERN employees doing voices."
I wonder if they will use clips from the show?

Big let down. I would love to have had the 80/90's cartoon voice actors in there. To me they are the most iconic. I know they are still around, they do Con's around the nation. Me and my son met them when they came to town. Nicest guys ever.

#855 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would never actually leak shots of a game right before it was announced, that's crummy for all the people who worked hard on it. But I think everyone will be happy with the real photos, it's what you'd expect from Zombie Yeti, aka high quality, thoughtful work. I imagine they're coming soon.

Way to humblebrag that you have them already.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Way to humblebrag that you have them already.

I could be lying!

#857 3 years ago

Kaneda says "TMNT will NOT have original voice actors. Nickelodeon approved actors and STERN employees doing voices."

that's a bummer. big time. Just needed to use voice clips from the show. There is a TON of material from the 80s/90s cartoon.

GD stern don't fuck this up.

#858 3 years ago

I would love to hear designer’s take on the characters:

Prolly come out more like MAMNT:

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's a bummer. big time. Just needed to use voice clips from the show. There is a TON of material from the 80s/90s cartoon.
GD stern don't fuck this up.

Too late. I love retro. Can’t do this game without those cartoon voices from back then.

What’s next a Rambo first blood pinball without his voice?

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Too late. I love retro. Can’t do this game without those cartoon voices from back then.
What’s next a Rambo first blood pinball without his voice?

The difference is there have been a few tmnt cartoons out since the ones you recall.... all with different voices.

#861 3 years ago

Did they use the original voices for the Tranformers pin a few years ago or were they sound-a-likes?

I know the visuals on that game were based on the live action movies but I think the voices in the movie were the same guys from the 80's version.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did they use the original voices for the Tranformers pin a few years ago or were they sound-a-likes?
I know the visuals on that game were based on the live action movies but I think the voices in the movie were the same guys from the 80's version.

See, I wanna say optimus prime was the same guy both times. Peter Cullen.

#863 3 years ago

What is the last title Stern released that has real voice callouts from specific characters in game?

#864 3 years ago

What is the last title Stern released that has real voice callouts from specific characters in game?

Elvira?

#865 3 years ago

Stranger Things

#866 3 years ago

Deadpool was voiced by Nolan North, who did portray the character in various games and animated series. He might not be Ryan Reynolds, but he was, in fact, Deadpool.

#867 3 years ago

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before, but one of the turtles was voiced by Cam Clarke. Super famous voice actor. Did Leonardo I think, was in one of the versions of Akira as Kaneda (yeah... the one you know who got his name from)... also did lots if video games. He is still very much working to this day and has a great voice. We could get him to do callouts, which would be terrific.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

JJP already has a large screen and a camera in the back glass. Just allow it to mechanically rotate down during online play so your opponents/friends can see the others playfield on their LCD screen. Add a microphone near the apron and instant online community play!

lag, dropouts, can make for issues.

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You're giving it a whole week? Haven't been on the internet much, huh?

According to arcade lore, the game Journey was supposed to have a camera on it.
That way the you could be one of the bobble head characters in the game like the ones with the band members faces on it.
The story I've heard is that people were standing on barstools and taking dick picks so when you walked up to the game there was a member of the band Journey with a penis for a head.
I guess they quickly decided to remove the camera after that.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Ok, who wants to bet that if you put a webcam on newer pins so that you could play online against other players that within a week someone does it naked.
Pinball snap chat roulette anyone?

Chris Hansen: What are you doing here?

#871 3 years ago

It's a bummer to hear that they didn't use the voice actors, but Nickelodeon has to approve the actors they chose to represent the characters, so I would think they will still be pretty good/close to the source material. I'm still looking forward to the reveal.

#872 3 years ago

Bring on the Turtles. !

#873 3 years ago

but Nickelodeon has to approve the actors they chose to represent the characters, so I would think they will still be pretty good/close to the source material.

I thought the same thing about Disney/Marvel ensuring voice acting for GOTG would be "top notch"... but I got "Abobolibobilibo" Yandu voice acting instead

Regardless, I'm sure it'll be cool. Yandu's callout has grown on me and we always laugh when it comes on.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I might be wrong as it was a while back but I think Stern used a sound-a-like, with movie audio as well.

#875 3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtzlc9-Hw0r-yL0L9sBt6g

I was hoping seeing a lot of the original cast speaking was a sign, that we would have some voice work!

#876 3 years ago

As long as it's not X-Men level bad, I'll deal. X-Men's callouts are unforgiveably bad.

#877 3 years ago

Hey, what's the worst that could happen?

beast (resized).jpgbeast (resized).jpg
#878 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can’t even explain why it would be fun or how it would even make sense. Pinball machines don’t need microphones and cams so you can talk to friends. Just do that with your phone. I’m poo-poo’ing it because it’s a stupid idea with no real world fun application. If you want to play online games with friends, play Mario Kart. Play Fortnite. Pinball is pinball. Playing “against” other people on different machines in other locations is just “wouldn’t it be cool if....” talk.

Others already have, so there would be no point repeating it. Obviously, once your brain closes the barn doors, restating a purpose is pointless.

Also, I love how you still don't deny you're trying to dictate to others what should or should not be on a pinball game, even though you would be in no way forced to use it.

Your arrogance and presumptiveness is quite fascinating.

#879 3 years ago

I’m ready to see the art package. Come on leak already!!!

#880 3 years ago
94B33C1C-3D4D-4ED9-9E77-02313838B55F.gif94B33C1C-3D4D-4ED9-9E77-02313838B55F.gif
#881 3 years ago

Let's leak this s____

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Others already have, so there would be no point repeating it. Obviously, once your brain closes the barn doors, restating a purpose is pointless.
Also, I love how you still don't deny you're trying to dictate to others what should or should not be on a pinball game, even though you would be in no way forced to use it.

I assume it would be something akin to posting scores on Pinside, no? There could also be things like weekly challenges of specific objectives to achieve.... kind of like trophies on PlayStation 4. Or you could play pinball golf with other people. Maybe instead of competing against everyone, you’d compete against friends - where people would be more honest. Just some thoughts.

#883 3 years ago

So no subways in this? Would’ve been cool to have a sewer lid that opened to put the ball in and have a clear window on the playfield that showed the ball traveling underneath. Could’ve been hard to have that amongst the artwork on the playfield though unless you could print art on top of the tunnels too. Diverters underneath to send the ball to one of 2-3 exit points.

A friend had a cool idea too that the sewer could act as a gobble hole too at times. Green is go and red is dead. So hit the sewer at the wrong time and you’re ball feeds the drain.

#884 3 years ago

Since Borg recycles his playfield layouts (X-Men is a mirror layout of Tron, Aerosmith is a re-use of KISS, GotG is essentially Metallica's) and this already features the X-Men disc, I REALLY HOPE TMNT is not re-using the X-Men playfield layout. Did not like. At All. Hoping for a new Borg design (it happens, I think Walking Dead was new, wasn't it?), but if it's a rehash, please not X-Men.

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So hit the sewer at the wrong time and you’re ball feeds the drain.

Casual players hate him because of this one simple trick!

#886 3 years ago

If they have "cowabunga dude" Im out.

Actually.. I do like Shredder.. cool character.

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So no subways in this? Would’ve been cool to have a sewer lid that opened to put the ball in and have a clear window on the playfield that showed the ball traveling underneath. Could’ve been hard to have that amongst the artwork on the playfield though unless you could print art on top of the tunnels too. Diverters underneath to send the ball to one of 2-3 exit points.
A friend had a cool idea too that the sewer could act as a gobble hole too at times. Green is go and red is dead. So hit the sewer at the wrong time and you’re ball feeds the drain.

If any theme demanded subways it's this, but Stern doesn't allow them (even covert prohibition via with cost limits is still prohibition, Keith). I HOPE they happen, but not holding my breath.

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Seems like a weird way to come out, but ok.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How would they not have cowabunga dude?

#890 3 years ago

It's a bummer to hear that they didn't use the voice actors, but Nickelodeon has to approve the actors they chose to represent the characters, so I would think they will still be pretty good/close to the source material. I'm still looking forward to the reveal.

Marvel approved Bobaleebobo & Shittybeast. Approval doesn’t mean good.

#891 3 years ago

You think it would have been released by now the way this thread has blown up lol.

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since Borg recycles his playfield layouts (X-Men is a mirror layout of Tron, Aerosmith is a re-use of KISS, GotG is essentially Metallica's) and this already features the X-Men disc, I REALLY HOPE TMNT is not re-using the X-Men playfield layout. Did not like. At All. Hoping for a new Borg design (it happens, I think Walking Dead was new, wasn't it?), but if it's a rehash, please not X-Men.

It’s not. It’s all new & relatively original. Think Tron meets Apollo 13 meets The Shadow.

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

When is your P3 arriving?

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If any theme demanded subways it's this, but Stern doesn't allow them (even covert prohibition via with cost limits is still prohibition, Keith). I HOPE they happen, but not holding my breath.

Subways have returned on Metallica, Ghostbusters, and Elvira (on the Premium/LEs) so I was holding out hope the same would hold true with TMNT

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Subways have returned on Metallica, Ghostbusters, and Elvira (on the Premium/LEs) so I was holding out hope the same would hold true with TMNT

Ghostbusters and Metallica are *barely* subways. I mean, GREAT that they're there, but they're ball locks, mostly. Same thing with the 3 inch "subway" in Iron Maiden that feeds from the sarcophagus. Not really a subway. I'm not asking for the complexity of Star Trek:TNG, but a nice long subway or two would be nice.

#896 3 years ago

70 posts in a couple of hours, and still no photos.....

#897 3 years ago

If you really want original voices, you can go to cameo, pay your $65, and have Rob Paulsen say all kinds of pinball phrases. Use pinball browser to substitute the callouts.

He did multiple voices on the original show. Plus it looks like he's donating all of his proceeds to charity so it's even for a good cause.

https://www.cameo.com/redwingno9

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What community? Small user base would make “online pinball play” relatively useless.
Are you really gonna watch a video of someone else’s playfield while you’re trying to play on your own? What would the purpose be? You won’t be doing the same synced things like a video game because pinball is random.

You take turns. Your machine would essentially be dark until your turn.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

lag, dropouts, can make for issues.

It’s not a fighting game where input lag would affect anything. It’s essentially a built-in “FaceTime” feature that recognizes when each player is having their turn. In a 4 player game, the other 3 players would have a “dark” PF and would watch the Active player’s PF on their screen and communicate via video chat in smaller boxes on the same screen.

I think it would be pretty easy to implement.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not asking for the complexity of Star Trek:TNG, but a nice long subway or two would be nice.

But like, why? What's the appeal of a ball falling down a hole in one place and popping out of another? Everyone's rightfully crazy for "ball-interactive toys," this seems like the antithesis. Ball goes somewhere, does god-knows-what, can't see it, comes back. Yawn.

You guys must love it when you drain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/18?hl=hbagz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.