20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 64.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Shredder passed away..James Avery (also uncle Phil) from fresh prince of bel air...so no custom call outs from him, sadly.

Everyone else is alive though. Since Krang is a main feature, I hope they got Pat Fraley to provide custom Krang taunts.

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Shredder passed away..James Avery (also uncle Phil) from fresh prince of bel air...so no custom call outs from him, sadly.

damn shredder was uncle phil from Fresh Prince? Mind blown.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn shredder was uncle phil from Fresh Prince? Mind blown.

Wow, you didn’t know?!

When I was a kid, I was watching Fresh Prince and when Uncle Phil got angry and yelled “WILL!!!!!!” I instantly went “HOLY CRAP, THAT’S SHREDDER!!!!!!“

Cam Clarke, voice of Leonardo was also Rocksteady. He was the voice of Kaneda in the original Akira dub...and Liquid Snake in Metal Gear Solid.

#804 3 years ago

When the inevitable blurry picture leak happens, do they show up in this thread first or in 1 of the 5 newly created threads?

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

When the inevitable blurry picture leak happens, do they show up in this thread first or in 1 of the 5 newly created threads?

Ya want a blurry pic? I can get ya a blurry pic.

FAA210CF-38A8-4DC4-A8F8-B73E7E92656F (resized).jpegFAA210CF-38A8-4DC4-A8F8-B73E7E92656F (resized).jpeg
#806 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

No, we start a new one for those...

#807 3 years ago

Reskin the BK3SOR topper from the black Knight to shredder!

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I love Stern, I currently only own Sterns- but unfortunately they don’t seem to care about innovation. Always a step behind their competitors.
I am really hoping they implement local co-op and online connectivity soon

Nice!!! Nail on the hammer. This kind of reminds me of Apple/Samsung. It feels the past years Samsung has innovated quite a few features that Apple took, refined, and branded as their own....

I'm not a phone guy so I could be wrong, but that is the way I view it.

Dammit TMNT! I want one, but do not have funds or space to support this. I hope Stern does not mess this up. Imagine the modes, storyline designed for this game..... Drool.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

It feels the past years Samsung has innovated quite a few features that Apple took, refined, and branded as their own....

Samsung have pretty much innovated everything in the mobile/cellphone industry and Apple have come along a year or 4 later and added it to their line with their own spin on it.

#810 3 years ago

I like the style.

F10EF60D-F2BE-414C-A51E-511E9CCFC169 (resized).jpegF10EF60D-F2BE-414C-A51E-511E9CCFC169 (resized).jpeg
#811 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I love Stern, I currently only own Sterns- but unfortunately they don’t seem to care about innovation. Always a step behind their competitors.
I am really hoping they implement local co-op and online connectivity soon

They will need to change the way they role out updates with online. Multi gig for each little update can be too much.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I like the style.
[quoted image]

Third time that image has been posted. Let's get a 4th!

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Third time that image has been posted. Let's get a 4th!

Please don’t instigate this behavior.

#814 3 years ago

I’m so excited for the reveal. I just hope my excitement matches to what they’re going to be showing.

#815 3 years ago

Woohoo! My least favorite Borg design staple. Good riddance.

#816 3 years ago

I’d be interested in this art style

B33CBB41-4A57-435E-97A7-2BA6E8277647 (resized).jpegB33CBB41-4A57-435E-97A7-2BA6E8277647 (resized).jpeg
#817 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’d be interested in this art style
[quoted image]

Same. If there is one thing I would be really surprised about this game it’s the fact the art isn’t amazing. My expectations are sky high with Zombie on this. I just hope code, presentation and layout aren’t a let down. So basically everything else is up in the air haha

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What would that even mean?
You vs. game. How is what other people doing on their games relevant or satisfying to what you’re doing on your game?
P3 Racing game makes some sense due to the racing/power up ruleset. Even so...would a player even know if they were playing against someone vs computer? Is there any satisfaction like a video game where you see each other together on a screen & can truly interact?
No one thinks about userbase. Online video games have millions online at any given time for instant matchups. Pinball would have a few hundred...a thousand or so at most...and then how many of those would be online ready for a game? The numbers don’t make sense.
I keep seeing people wanting Pinball to be Fortnite, but I feel no one really games it out and imagines what “pinball online” would truly be. (hint...it would suck and you’d just go back to playing normally)
When Stern goes internet, it’ll be for updates, info, social media, tournaments, operator remote stuff. They surely know that “playing against each other” makes little sense....especially when getting code/rules for a base game is so difficult for them.

Just to be able to play the same game as a friend and chat while playing would be enough

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Neutrinos playing pinball before lcd’s were available ...
[quoted image]

Oh lordy, I thankfully forgot about these lameasses.......

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just to be able to play the same game as a friend and chat while playing would be enough

But it wouldn’t be the same game. It would be two different games set up differently doing entirely different things at any given time. Wanna chat? Call. Lol.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But it wouldn’t be the same game. It would be two different games set up differently doing entirely different things at any given time. Wanna chat? Call. Lol.

I imagine most people don’t care if it’s not the exact same, especially in a cooperative mode.

And if my buddy is cheating, so what we both do better together and I can tell him he sucks later.

Edit. Or consider it like golf. My handicap can be outlane posts in a conservative position, and my friend has no posts. We find what we think is fair amongst ourselves, play, get day drunk, and stop caring

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh lordy, I thankfully forgot about these lameasses.......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#823 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nobody would be making you use it. No reason to poo-poo it for those of us who want it and would use it.

#824 3 years ago

the argument of NOT having internet enabled machines could be the dumbest thing in the world. Let's move off of it please - the world is connected and pinball needs to get with the program. Don't think it's necessary then don't use it. period.

NOW back to the hype machine. I'm thinking the reveal could be happening now or very soon (internally to distros). Hoping we have something by the evening time.

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the argument of NOT having internet enabled machines could be the dumbest thing in the world. Let's move off of it please - the world is connected and pinball needs to get with the program. Don't think it's necessary then don't use it. period.

Please stop making sense. This is Pinside.

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

blur (resized).jpgblur (resized).jpg
#827 3 years ago

I think tonight is the meeting so public tomorrow or Thursday.

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

NOW back to the hype machine. I'm thinking the reveal could be happening now or very soon (internally to distros). Hoping we have something by the evening time.

Internet connected pinball could be fun if stern wants it to be. Let’s take JP stern for one example and give people the chance to connect and have a race(Escape Nublar). This could be quick but fun and no matter how your game is set it will still offer that extra adrenaline rush.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nobody would be making you use it. No reason to poo-poo it for those of us who want it and would use it.

You can’t even explain why it would be fun or how it would even make sense. Pinball machines don’t need microphones and cams so you can talk to friends. Just do that with your phone. I’m poo-poo’ing it because it’s a stupid idea with no real world fun application. If you want to play online games with friends, play Mario Kart. Play Fortnite. Pinball is pinball. Playing “against” other people on different machines in other locations is just “wouldn’t it be cool if....” talk.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Internet connected pinball could be fun if stern wants it to be. Let’s take JP stern for one example and give people the chance to connect and have a race(Escape Nublar). This could be quick but fun and no matter how your game is set it will still offer that extra adrenaline rush.

How do you gauge a “race” on a pinball machine? You don’t see other people moving around or maneuver around them like an online racing video game. There’s no satisfying interaction with others in this scenario.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

. Don't think it's necessary then don't use it. period.

Don’t expect pinball companies to waste resources on something unnecessary. Period.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t expect pinball companies to waste resources on something unnecessary. Period.

Typical pinside.

Rabble rabble, the prices went up, rabble rabble, I don’t want new features

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pfft, that's just compressed, you're not even trying to post a blurry pic.

IMG_0766 (resized).jpgIMG_0766 (resized).jpg

#834 3 years ago

Let's get this thread back on track people!

Look at this ZY art!!!

d555bbe75ee5fa0d1bd5aeff428a8c3befb276c5.jpeg (resized).jpgd555bbe75ee5fa0d1bd5aeff428a8c3befb276c5.jpeg (resized).jpg
#835 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How do you gauge a “race” on a pinball machine? You don’t see other people moving around or maneuver around them like an online racing video game. There’s no satisfying interaction with others in this scenario.

Uhhh by who finishes the mode first or the quickest time. Lol

DEEA5D8C-743A-4050-8083-AF8E2AEA253D (resized).jpegDEEA5D8C-743A-4050-8083-AF8E2AEA253D (resized).jpeg
#836 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pfft, that's just compressed, you're not even trying to post a blurry pic.
[quoted image]

How about a sharp pic?

#837 3 years ago

Please post this picture another 100 times!

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Uhhh by who finishes the mode first or the quickest time. Lol

But why is that fun in the context of pinball? You can’t see what the other person is doing or interact. You’d only know at the end of a game who “won”. Who cares? In an online racing game you see & interact with each other.

Why is it so hard to visualize that pinball is not a video game? Lol

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But why is that fun in the context of pinball? You can’t see what the other person is doing or interact. You’d only know at the end of a game who “won”. Who cares? In an online racing game you see & interact with each other.

If you can’t see how it would be fun to compete against people to have the fastest time, I’ve got nothing for you. Several things have this feature that people enjoy.

It would be simple by showing a box and what place your currently in, then in the end show who the top three players are.

Why does your pinball machines even track the highest scores? Because it’s fun to beat it, simple as that. It would also be fun to beat people in a real time race.

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JJP already has a large screen and a camera in the back glass. Just allow it to mechanically rotate down during online play so your opponents/friends can see the others playfield on their LCD screen. Add a microphone near the apron and instant online community play!

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can’t even explain why it would be fun or how it would even make sense. Pinball machines don’t need microphones and cams so you can talk to friends. Just do that with your phone. I’m poo-poo’ing it because it’s a stupid idea with no real world fun application. If you want to play online games with friends, play Mario Kart. Play Fortnite. Pinball is pinball. Playing “against” other people on different machines in other locations is just “wouldn’t it be cool if....” talk.

The major appeal of pinball is that it's analog and tactile. Online play is neither of those things. I'm with RH on this one.

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

JJP already has a large screen and a camera in the back glass. Just allow it to mechanically rotate down during online play so your opponents/friends can see the others playfield on their LCD screen. Add a microphone near the apron and instant online community play!

What community? Small user base would make “online pinball play” relatively useless.

Are you really gonna watch a video of someone else’s playfield while you’re trying to play on your own? What would the purpose be? You won’t be doing the same synced things like a video game because pinball is random.

#844 3 years ago

Wasnt theTurtles pin rumour not just.... April fools?

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Because it’s fun to beat it, simple as that. It would also be fun to beat people in a real time race.

So when is your P3 showing up?

Same question for everyone else who’s convinced online pinball play needs to be a thing.

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So when is your P3 showing up?
Same question for everyone else who’s convinced online pinball play needs to be a thing.

Too expensive and the games are ehh to me. I’m telling you I want online connectivity. What’s so hard to understand about that?

I’ve played pinball on a console online against players trying to get the fastest time and it’s really fun. It would be more fun on an actual machine.

You think you know what I’d like more than me? Lol

#847 3 years ago

Kaneda says "TMNT will NOT have original voice actors. Nickelodeon approved actors and STERN employees doing voices."

I wonder if they will use clips from the show?

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Kaneda says "TMNT will NOT have original voice actors. Nickelodeon approved actors and STERN employees doing voices."

#849 3 years ago

Ok, who wants to bet that if you put a webcam on newer pins so that you could play online against other players that within a week someone does it naked.

Pinball snap chat roulette anyone?

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 22.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/17?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.