20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 64.
#751 3 years ago

Great pic,... that has been postet about a million times allready, is indeed by ZY but has nothing to do with the pinball machine.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So these big mono-targets, I guess they were first introduced on Munsters? Little out of the loop here.

Fuel target on your Metallica!

A83E1AA8-6C22-4A4F-A1E6-9CB90A026719 (resized).jpegA83E1AA8-6C22-4A4F-A1E6-9CB90A026719 (resized).jpeg
#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe it really is a style thing, since even the Prem and LEs have them. Not a fan, feels like it takes away skill based shots.

Cost cutting for sure. Wish they were individual targets on my Munsters LE.

Now I don’t worry- lots of accidental bounces take care of hitting them.

You get used to it after awhile.

#754 3 years ago

If Stern is cost cutting, should we expect only see 3 turtles?

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fuel target on your Metallica![quoted image]

Ahem. Not on mine.

DBB74E1F-F755-48BF-8A36-479F041F1729 (resized).jpegDBB74E1F-F755-48BF-8A36-479F041F1729 (resized).jpeg
#756 3 years ago

On Metallica pro, it’s 2 separate standups

On Metallica premium however, it’s one big target.

#757 3 years ago

How beautiful would this game look if the peripheral sculpts for the TMNT world were created in the vein of the Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle... the sewers, the city, the urban grime (80's style, of course).

#758 3 years ago

I know it's one target on GotG.

gotg standup (resized).pnggotg standup (resized).png
#759 3 years ago

if this is actually a 3 flipper game i expect it to be similar in layout to x-men with a scoop on the lower left. a lot of borg 3 flippers have a scoop in the lower left with a flipper in the top right

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fuel target on your Metallica![quoted image]

That's true, I forgot about that. TMNT is Borg too right? Maybe he just keeps letting them get bigger and bigger each time, GOTG looks smaller than the new big ones.

I know it's cool to bash on Stern for cost cutting, and maybe that's truly all it is, but I do feel like Stern has kinda joined this general trend in gaming about dumbing down some features of games to let new players feel like things are easy. Big ol' targets on the sides that fill up the inserts, and if you can just flail around and keep the ball alive long enough to you're bound to spell one of the words, or both, and get whatever that gives you.

In a different but related vein they're doing the video stuff to show you how to plunge etc too. It could all be a program to try and get location play to reward casual players more?

Data East, long before Stern, had the pity multiball on ball 3, kind of the same sort of idea. Give you something for your quarter, even if you're not really any good.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's true, I forgot about that. TMNT is Borg too right? Maybe he just keeps letting them get bigger and bigger each time, GOTG looks smaller than the new big ones.
I know it's cool to bash on Stern for cost cutting, and maybe that's truly all it is, but I do feel like Stern has kinda joined this general trend in gaming about dumbing down some features of games to let new players feel like things are easy. Big ol' targets on the sides that fill up the inserts, and if you can just flail around and keep the ball alive long enough to you're bound to spell one of the words, or both, and get whatever that gives you.
In a different but related vein they're doing the video stuff to show you how to plunge etc too. It could all be a program to try and get location play to reward casual players more?
Data East, long before Stern, had the pity multiball on ball 3, kind of the same sort of idea. Give you something for your quarter, even if you're not really any good.

I like the DE pity multi ball because it generally doesn't do any harm. I think it's a good way to give new players a taste without limiting gameplay.

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

if this is actually a 3 flipper game i expect it to be similar in layout to x-men with a scoop on the lower left. a lot of borg 3 flippers have a scoop in the lower left with a flipper in the top right

No scoop & not similar to X-Men.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

First, great to see you back Aurich. Along the same lines, Stern code is also going to incorporate minimum play times for locations. Bad first balls affect length of ball save, number of ball saves allowed, etc. I don’t have a problem with it. Give folks their money’s worth on location. Let them enjoy them, learn to play, get hooked. The better games do on location I think makes it better for pinball in general.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I would suspect a price increase would be a terrible idea. The economy is trashed, and I don’t think operators who haven’t been able to run their business is going to be jumping at buying at this point. Plus with the possibility that the economy continues to downturn, I think that would be a terrible idea to raise prices.
Given that, they’ll probably increase prices.

Definitely a price increase.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If that is true, I am sorry to hear that, I am out.
Edit: Based Dwight’s track record of finishing games: ghostbusters, Munsters, etc. hope you don’t experience this.

Not sure why you got downvoted for this. Dwight sucks. If Lyman is in a game, I'm interested. If Dwight, it is the exact opposite effect.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's cool and rightfully so to bash on stern because they keep ripping stuff out of games, and lowering the quality control but the price keeps going up. Stern has long said targets especially drop-downs are costly. It's not for new players its to save a dollar. Look at all the games stern released after Munsters. Aside from Elvira none of those games scream new player friendly. Code is whats going to make or break tmnt.

#767 3 years ago

So......

Apparently distros are getting the Stern presentation of tmnts today and we're getting the full reveal tomorrow. I'm hoping for some leaked pics today!

From all the recent news from kaneda, if true, leaves me a little underwhelmed BUT I'm not reacting until we get it confirmed. I'm really interested to see what the art looks like (please 90s style), hoping for internet connectivity and a world under glass with the real theme song.

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So......
Apparently distros are getting the Stern presentation of tmnts today and we're getting the full reveal tomorrow. I'm hoping for some leaked pics today!
From all the recent news from kaneda, if true, leaves me a little underwhelmed BUT I'm not reacting until we get it confirmed. I'm really interested to see what the art looks like (please 90s style), hoping for internet connectivity and a world under glass with the real theme song.

Yes the Pro sounded, uh...

Well, let‘s wait and see.

#769 3 years ago

I could care less about the theme. For some reason I just never got into TMNT, but if it's a cool machine, it's a cool machine. I'm on my second TWD and I've seen like 15 minutes of the show in total.

I'd love to see a reveal. This quarantine stuff is driving me nuts.

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I could care less about the theme. For some reason I just never got into TMNT, but if it's a cool machine, it's a cool machine. I'm on my second TWD and I've seen like 15 minutes of the show in total.
I'd love to see a reveal. This quarantine stuff is driving me nuts.

Watched 4 Episodes of GoT And propably won‘t continue.

Could play the pin for hours!

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I hear you. I tried watching GOT 3 different times, before I finally well, got hooked and binged it.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wow really,best series right there with Breaking Bad!Great stories great battles and great nudity,and and the beautiful Kaleesi totally free of clothing!

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I could care less about the theme.

Well that's good! Better than "couldn't care less," so there is hope!

I'm excited to see the art. But the theme is just so baffling to me. Once again, theme doesn't determine why I want a game, so I will still eagerly see what happens with this reveal because... you know.... pinball.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So......

Excited!!!! Refreshing this over and over lol

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Excited!!!! Refreshing this over and over lol

No need to do that and 10 new threads will pop up when it happens.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well that's good! Better than "couldn't care less," so there is hope!
I'm excited to see the art. But the theme is just so baffling to me. Once again, theme doesn't determine why I want a game, so I will still eagerly see what happens with this reveal because... you know.... pinball.

In truth, after it's revealed, I'll find out if I could care less.

#777 3 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal, however I have to wonder what the price point is going to be on this game with the current economy as it is.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Looking forward to the reveal, however I have to wonder what the price point is going to be on this game with the current economy as it is.

from most accounts, pinball sales have slowed on the super high end but have held steady or even increased at the pro/entry model to home market (makes sense as people want more safe home based fun).

I have to assume sales will be severely slowed to operators.

In other words, hard to predict... I would be hard pressed to even consider a purchase for route since most places are still closed.
Would likely need to sell something to buy something also as not route income.

It is my impression that route operators have been a large part of the rejuvenated sales for Stern over the past 2-3 years.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from most accounts, pinball sales have slowed on the super high end but have held steady or even increased at the pro/entry model to home market (makes sense as people want more safe home based fun).
I have to assume sales will be severely slowed to operators.
In other words, hard to predict... I would be hard pressed to even consider a purchase for route since most places are still closed.
Would likely need to sell something to buy something also as not route income.
It is my impression that route operators have been a large part of the rejuvenated sales for Stern over the past 2-3 years.

I was a potential buyer for TMNT to go on location at the brewery. When will Things open back up? I wouldn’t consider buying anything until my location is back up and going again.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was a potential buyer for TMNT to go on location at the brewery. When will Things open back up? I wouldn’t consider buying anything until my location is back up and going again.

I agree. I also dont like the idea of encouraging travel to a location till things are 'safe'.
We have 2 locations that have 'opened' and we moved games spread out more than 8ft apart and have provided extra cleaning and hand sanitizer to help decrease spread, but still not a fan of encouraging people to go out an mingle.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I feel ya man....at least you guys aren't subject to different restrictions like we are up here

#782 3 years ago

This may be the most quiet hype thread I’ve seen in awhile.

#783 3 years ago

anyone know if they started manufacturing these before the pandemic? stern has a way of shipping quickly at times without realizing they were making the game while revealing it.

#784 3 years ago

I don’t have a long history of reading hype threads because I don’t get hyped for each incoming title but there isn’t anything to say apart from I’m pumped, I’m buying one.
I am moving my money around to have cash on hand to buy one, and I am deciding if it will fit in my basement or if I need to sell something to give it the necessary room.

I have an AtGames Legends Arcade that I
might have to say a quick goodbye to.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It is based on the 80’s/90’s show. It has the theme song, but it’s a cover...but a pretty good one. Better than the cover on the Arcade 1up. 17 character voices confirmed...which hopefully means show assets. No word on if they got custom real actors, tho...but fingers crossed. Classic characters featured: Slash, Metal Head, Casey Jones, Neutrinos, Baxter Stockman.

Don’t worry about internet. It’s pinball.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I don’t have a long history of reading hype threads because I don’t get hyped for each incoming title but there isn’t anything to say apart from I’m pumped, I’m buying one.
I am moving my money around to have cash on hand to buy one, and I am deciding if it will fit in my basement or if I need to sell something to give it the necessary room.
I have an AtGames Legends Arcade that I
might have to say a quick goodbye to.

Get a LE.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This may be the most quiet hype thread I’ve seen in awhile.

Really? Thread is on fire.....

Big reveal tomorrow - hoping for leaks sooner.

I have money ready for a pro and might be crazy enough to buy it day one and then upgrade to prem later if necessary. Stern better have the original theme and not that revised one used by the recent arcade home edition. I wouldn't care if they allowed us to use pinbrowser to change music but that's no longer working so for the time we're left with what they've coded.

#788 3 years ago

I’m stoked!

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It is based on the 80’s/90’s show. It has the theme song, but it’s a cover...but a pretty good one. Better than the cover on the Arcade 1up. 17 character voices confirmed...which means show assets. No word on if they got custom real actors, tho...but fingers crossed. Classic characters featured: Slash, Metal Head, Casey Jones, Neutrinos, Baxter Stockman.

++Slash, Metal Head, CJ and BS. Hopefully original actors.

-- : Neutrinos and the theme song Cover???? NO! Pinbrowser better start working!

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m stoked!

too much of that can lead to hairy palms, or so I’ve heard

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

++Slash, Metal Head, CJ and BS. Hopefully original actors.
-- : theme song Cover???? NO! Pinbrowser better start working!

Is there a high quality stereo version of the original song? If not, you might just wanna stick with this one. I HATED the Arcade 1up cover. The Stern version sounds good.

#792 3 years ago

Any more news about possible head to head internet connectivity?

If P3 can do it so can Stern.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I wouldn't be surprised if they "un-lock" internet connectivity and co-op mode in a future code update, but not on initial release.

#794 3 years ago

I love Stern, I currently only own Sterns- but unfortunately they don’t seem to care about innovation. Always a step behind their competitors.

I am really hoping they implement local co-op and online connectivity soon

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I love Stern, I currently only own Sterns- but unfortunately they don’t seem to care about innovation. Always a step behind their competitors.

Don’t forget quality too. I love Stern games and bought 5 nib last few years. Haven’t bought any recently released titles due to playfield lottery.

#796 3 years ago

What would that even mean?

You vs. game. How is what other people doing on their games relevant or satisfying to what you’re doing on your game?

P3 Racing game makes some sense due to the racing/power up ruleset. Even so...would a player even know if they were playing against someone vs computer? Is there any satisfaction like a video game where you see each other together on a screen & can truly interact?

No one thinks about userbase. Online video games have millions online at any given time for instant matchups. Pinball would have a few hundred...a thousand or so at most...and then how many of those would be online ready for a game? The numbers don’t make sense.

I keep seeing people wanting Pinball to be Fortnite, but I feel no one really games it out and imagines what “pinball online” would truly be. (hint...it would suck and you’d just go back to playing normally)

When Stern goes internet, it’ll be for updates, info, social media, tournaments, operator remote stuff. They surely know that “playing against each other” makes little sense....especially when getting code/rules for a base game is so difficult for them.

#797 3 years ago

What time is the distributor webinar today? How long till the leaked cell phone screen grabs from today materialize?

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is there a high quality stereo version of the original song? If not, you might just wanna stick with this one. I HATED the Arcade 1up cover. The Stern version sounds good.

OK - if you hated the arcade 1up then we're similar so hopefully I agree that the stern version rocks.

#799 3 years ago

Neutrinos playing pinball before lcd’s were available ...

CB2D721B-1670-47AB-9719-296A46B25861.jpegCB2D721B-1670-47AB-9719-296A46B25861.jpeg
#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It is based on the 80’s/90’s show. It has the theme song, but it’s a cover...but a pretty good one. Better than the cover on the Arcade 1up. 17 character voices confirmed...which means show assets. No word on if they got custom real actors, tho...but fingers crossed. Classic characters featured: Slash, Metal Head, Casey Jones, Neutrinos, Baxter Stockman.

Shredder passed away..James Avery (also uncle Phil) from fresh prince of bel air...so no custom call outs from him, sadly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,500 (OBO)
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,999.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/16?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.