20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 64.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Star Wars code is massive and super enjoyable, blows Lymans games like AC/DC and Metallica away
Try them all and see for yourself

I couldn’t disagree more.

How many games does Lyman vs Dwight have in the top ten? Metallica and AC/DC blow anything Dwight has ever been lead on out of the water even beyond SW.

#702 3 years ago

Star Wars & GhostBusters are now pretty solid games.

I was having this discussion couple of days ago.

Lyman is a player, a very good one at that!
He has a passion for pinball, and puts a hell
Of a lot of time and effort into his games. I hear often in his own time he is working on code putting in things that he as a player would like to see.

Dwight- don’t think he is a vested in Pinball. It’s his job, and I think that’s it... a 9-5 job done. If the boss is happy with the code then that’s it..

It’s only when games aren’t selling well that I reckon Stern throw a little more time at the programmers and get them to add more.

I bought a GBLE NIB in 2016- patiently waited and waited - code is now great. Why did they leave it so long? Maybe to do with JT.

SWLE- NIB - theme was what made me buy. Code, I think is great and Dwight did a good job on this.

Bought a BM66 CAT - without playing it because Lyman code.. LOVE IT!

Thinking of getting an Elvira as Lyman Code.

Thinking of getting Turtles - theme a winner for me.

To be honest I’m not that good a player, on 3 balls and I have not reached and Any of the Wizard modes on any of my machines!

I wouldn’t mind a return to B/W rules, with lots of content as in clips of film/programme.

Munsters is my current cross to bare.. great theme, game looks beautiful, but lack of clips especially compared to BM66, is just not acceptable..

hopefully it will get more love in this lockdown, and, with Stern apparently making more colour Premiums for a game that is not selling, does insinuate a code update to make it more appealing and to sell.

#703 3 years ago

Munsters was on the line recently? I didn’t think so.

#704 3 years ago

please info soon... I'm dying here!

#705 3 years ago

I hope there’s some kind of video mode or startup with the theme song and character select. Here’s some nostalgia while we wait for an announcement. I dumped so many quarters into this game as a kid.

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

I hope there’s some kind of video mode or startup with the theme song and character select. Here’s some nostalgia while we wait for an announcement. I dumped so many quarters into this game as a kid.

The old DE game has the theme song in good chip tune way!

#707 3 years ago

I'm definitely hoping they follow the 90's arcade or cartoon style for this title. I'm not a huge fan of the current look for Turtles animation or films but I suspect it will be popular either way.

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I'm definitely hoping they follow the 90's arcade or cartoon style for this title. I'm not a huge fan of the current look for Turtles animation or films but I suspect it will be popular either way.

It would be moronic for them to use the style of the Michael Bay films. I’d like to see the original cartoon style, maybe a little edgier if possible (like comics). Gotta start off with that cartoon theme song though. Also would be cool if they got the Ninja Rap song for a mode.

I’m also hoping it’s not the traditional Borg style with two ramps, two flippers and a bash toy up the middle.

Needs Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Beebop, Baxster and the foot for villains; for the heroes I’d like to see Splinter, April, Casey Jones and the turtles.

For toys, I’d like to see the turtle van, sewer pipes for ramps that go under playfield, and some kind of moving mechanism, maybe technodrome.

#709 3 years ago

Is anyone here very familiar with the Laird/Eastman comics? I wonder if they'll target that style, characters more than anything else.

I kinda hope so.

YLFyMnYp_0808171048581gpadd (resized).jpgYLFyMnYp_0808171048581gpadd (resized).jpgmghl_turtles-4 (resized).jpgmghl_turtles-4 (resized).jpg
#710 3 years ago

If the rumor of Zombi Yeti being involved is true, than the style is going to be his. There would be no reason to have him involved if they were just going to use existing art. I'm hoping he is involved. His artwork is great and I would love to see his take on some turtles.

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

If the rumor of Zombi Yeti being involved is true, than the style is going to be his. There would be no reason to have him involved if they were just going to use existing art. I'm hoping he is involved. His artwork is great and I would love to see his take on some turtles.

I realize that. I just mean the turtles more akin in style towards the original Eastman/Laird aesthetic, more so than the bubble muscled cartoon, the weird new Nick stuff, or the movies...well, any of the movies.

From the one image that seemed out there from Yeti, the work seems gnarlier, a bit more like what I showed here.

#712 3 years ago

It is apparently getting released next week according to an email I just got from the NZ distributor.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

It is apparently getting released next week according to an email I just got from the NZ distributor.

Interesting, can you post the email here

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Manufacturing (with spacing) May 29 at least.

Next week seems soon to get the line back up and running unless they say coming soon (meaning it's ready but the line slow due to covid-19)

But ford had and start an stop so it does seem a bit soon.

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Manufacturing (with spacing) May 29 at least.
Next week seems soon to get the line back up and running unless they say coming soon (meaning it's ready but the line slow due to covid-19)
But ford had and start an stop so it does seem a bit soon.

As of Monday, Stern had a soft opening of the factory with a reduced work force and numerous safety precautions in place. No update yet on timing for the next title.

#716 3 years ago
D80969D8-B4DE-4096-A828-CCBC965B5B6D (resized).jpegD80969D8-B4DE-4096-A828-CCBC965B5B6D (resized).jpeg685F24DD-792F-4735-88FE-FFC2DC965B7B (resized).jpeg685F24DD-792F-4735-88FE-FFC2DC965B7B (resized).jpegD80A0EE6-FCD1-4C04-8B44-A3F3F26FED36 (resized).jpegD80A0EE6-FCD1-4C04-8B44-A3F3F26FED36 (resized).jpeg840B1328-B53A-44A7-9890-0BF6F2B42F46 (resized).jpeg840B1328-B53A-44A7-9890-0BF6F2B42F46 (resized).jpegE538EC4C-54C9-4FA4-8A4B-69EBFDC865F7 (resized).jpegE538EC4C-54C9-4FA4-8A4B-69EBFDC865F7 (resized).jpeg36F067BC-3ED8-4ED9-B6CA-195996A9F6DF (resized).jpeg36F067BC-3ED8-4ED9-B6CA-195996A9F6DF (resized).jpeg
#717 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone’s $5 richer.

#719 3 years ago

Any images available of this yet?

#720 3 years ago

I’m hoping Zombie Yeti gets to do his magic with good assets. This is going to be my grail pin unless they make a MOTU.

#721 3 years ago

Just signed up for the Kaneda insider program.

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any images available of this yet?

A3E58DDF-9C7C-4B01-A1FD-6AFD89B669CE (resized).jpegA3E58DDF-9C7C-4B01-A1FD-6AFD89B669CE (resized).jpeg
#723 3 years ago

Kaneda said apparently there are pics of the game floating around and to pass them to him so he can leak.

Yes please leak haha.

Also he said, like many others, that it's being revealed this week!

Pumped to finally see this game. The spoilers posted above seem ok. Ralph on a glider.... hope they don't make it too goofy but I'm down with three flippers especially if the top is left. Not enough top left flippers

Reuse magnet feature, if true, is not ideal haha but I love magnets in games so I'll take it

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not enough top left flippers

The only games that come to mind right now are Judge Dredd, Twilight zone, Fun House, Tron and JJP Pirates, so YES that would be a breath of fresh air.

#727 3 years ago

Congo

#729 3 years ago

Tommy, GNR, and Corvette also come to mind.

#730 3 years ago

Also Striker, Sharkey’s, and CSI

#731 3 years ago

Road Show has a left flipper.

#732 3 years ago

Baywatch and Super Mario Bros both have left upper flippers too

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm down with three flippers especially if the top is left. Not enough top left flippers

Funny you should say this, we had a topic a little while back exploring the ‘why’ for this trend:

Upper Right Flipper more Prevalent than Left: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-right-flipper-more-prevalent-than-left#post-4188949

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is anyone here very familiar with the Laird/Eastman comics? I wonder if they'll target that style, characters more than anything else.
I kinda hope so.

Was really hoping for laird/Eastman art.. maybe just on the LE. Theme, and that possibility were reasons it’s my first deposit since GB. But agree, if yeti is involved probably won’t happen.

Also a bit disappointed if they are reusing spinning magnet, especially since I have X-men and would rather have a unique feature.

#735 3 years ago

Dont know where you found this but thats my artwork. lol. And yes i would be down for doing a full art work package for a pin one day. Cant wait to see the ZY art package

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Dont know where you found this but thats my artwork.

Nice work! I found it on google when searching for TMNT villains. I'm also an artist and have been tempted to do some fan art myself for the launch of this game. I can't wait to see what Yeti does with it. I was hoping we'd see a leak today, but it sounds like we are going to have to wait till Wednesday unless someone leaks it tomorrow.

#737 3 years ago

Can’t wait to see what Stern cooked up. I guess the question I’m really looking for a answer to is...pro or premium.

0650CAA6-F008-430F-B84C-B9C5E811F5C3.gif0650CAA6-F008-430F-B84C-B9C5E811F5C3.gif
#738 3 years ago

I'm wondering what the COVID pricing will be. We know the production line will not be going full tilt and unless Stern starts running on a 24 hour cycle bringing less staff but creating shift work throught out the entire to day to try and keep the business going. I foresee a price increase.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm wondering what the COVID pricing will be. We know the production line will not be going full tilt and unless Stern starts running on a 24 hour cycle bringing less staff but creating shift work throught out the entire to day to try and keep the business going. I foresee a price increase.

I see what you're saying, but raising prices just as the economy tanks (and a lot of bars are closed and/or close to going out of business) strikes me as a questionable decision.

#740 3 years ago

I would suspect a price increase would be a terrible idea. The economy is trashed, and I don’t think operators who haven’t been able to run their business is going to be jumping at buying at this point. Plus with the possibility that the economy continues to downturn, I think that would be a terrible idea to raise prices.

Given that, they’ll probably increase prices.

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I would suspect a price increase would be a terrible idea. The economy is trashed, and I don’t think operators who haven’t been able to run their business is going to be jumping at buying at this point. Plus with the possibility that the economy continues to downturn, I think that would be a terrible idea to raise prices.
Given that, they’ll probably increase prices.

Price increases have become standard for them it seems, but it will be interesting what they decide to do this time around. They must need cash after being closed for months, but most everyone else is in that same boat too, so who is that burden going to fall on? It's a slippery slope for sure no matter how good the game may end up being. One of the larger operators here locally who cares and maintains pins dropped his order from 4 TMNTs to 1. Others are on the fence about even buying one at all because they can't put them anywhere currently.

#742 3 years ago

I'm happy it's TMNT!
Due to Corona there's no cashflow from our machines that are locked on route and I have no interest in this title at all!
Which is my luck though since there's no room to buy a new game neither...

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I see what you're saying, but raising prices just as the economy tanks (and a lot of bars are closed and/or close to going out of business) strikes me as a questionable decision.

Have you SEEN this community's behavior?

#744 3 years ago

So these big mono-targets, I guess they were first introduced on Munsters? Little out of the loop here. I don't get it, are they some kind of cost saving measure? Or are they supposed to give new players something easy to hit? Seems like you're gonna get all the inserts lit up just on accidental bounces given the size of them.

Last Action Hero had one just like them, it's just that there was a whole bank of drop targets in front of it, and it was designed to punish bad shots, not make easy ones for you while you're flailing.

#745 3 years ago

The mono target was On GotG as well.

#746 3 years ago

It’s a Borg staple now (Metallica, GOTG, Munsters).

If the fake knocker is Gary farting in your face, the mono-target is Borg’s long tall middle finger. I’m not sure which is worse.

#747 3 years ago

Heyyyy I have a pic of that!!

7289D33F-79C1-486F-ADAF-5838C92C8746 (resized).jpeg7289D33F-79C1-486F-ADAF-5838C92C8746 (resized).jpeg
#748 3 years ago

Maybe it really is a style thing, since even the Prem and LEs have them. Not a fan, feels like it takes away skill based shots.

#749 3 years ago

Depends how it's integrated into code / how important it is. Iron man I'd never go for those targets on purpose with what their value is but I might consider it if I just needed a letter or two and it was a giant ass billboard.

Maybe that's being too nice. Separate standups are probs always better. It does give a clean look at least I guess.

#750 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200525-211345_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200525-211345_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 7,999.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/15?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.