20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 64.
#651 3 years ago

My vote is Shredder

#652 3 years ago

I wish when fighting in dead pool or they could do this with turtles

You could use the action button to set up a combo like all fighting arcade games of the 90s and your turtle has a finishing move.

Hit the action button and make the left orbit then right ramp. If you complete it you do a combo or finishing move.

A different turtles combo might be right ramp left ramp.

You only get one chance to try to use this per battle. Once you hit the action button you have 5 seconds to complete the 2 shot combo... maybe make it 3 shots.

Does that make sense?

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

I’m in for LE if they fix the clear coat issues. Just got a JP pro and the clear is so thin you can see and feel the wood grain.

When was Your jp Pro made? Mine is a specimen. P

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My vote is Shredder

I vote for these guys.

CED7FBAC-EE4B-4516-89B7-DA4152171B9C.gifCED7FBAC-EE4B-4516-89B7-DA4152171B9C.gifBAA9D452-C047-4F73-9E64-2680564EFB35.gifBAA9D452-C047-4F73-9E64-2680564EFB35.gif
#655 3 years ago

I‘d take Shredder, but since he‘d be only a hips up bash toy as usual I guess they took Krang.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘d take Shredder, but since he‘d be only a hips up bash toy as usual I guess they took Krang.

Re theme the BKSOR topper and I’ll take Shredder up there providing he interacts with gameplay and your shots to continually taunt you.

#657 3 years ago
804881E8-110C-4642-A23F-2121B7D7E23D (resized).jpeg804881E8-110C-4642-A23F-2121B7D7E23D (resized).jpeg
#658 3 years ago

I would much prefer original cartoon artD86381C3-491A-4E37-B7A1-FB2F1CFE2EC9 (resized).jpegD86381C3-491A-4E37-B7A1-FB2F1CFE2EC9 (resized).jpeg

Although this style makes me think of ZombieYeti which I would be really happy with as it’s a little more modern/edgy than the original cartoon style
A9FE2857-F630-4EB9-8874-ADA829DB6161 (resized).jpegA9FE2857-F630-4EB9-8874-ADA829DB6161 (resized).jpeg

#659 3 years ago

Mouser toy eating the ball would be cool.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Although this style makes me think of ZombieYeti which I would be really happy with as it’s a little more modern/edgy than the original cartoon style

Looks way more oldschool like the original comic style... just in color.

#661 3 years ago

I just hope the technodrome is in this somehow!

#662 3 years ago
Screenshot (46) (resized).pngScreenshot (46) (resized).png
#663 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Keeper? Who knows. I love certain games for sure but once they reach a certain price I sell bc no Pinball game is worth 15 or 16k imo which is why I sold alien and potc.
Alien is still my favorite game btw and will remain my avatar.
This is a Stern so I have to check my expectations accordingly but I have a feeling this is going to be like JP Stern, not like black Knight Stern.

You mean “no Pinball game is worth keeping if you can get 15 or 16k”

#664 3 years ago

Wow talk about timing. You ask and you shall receive. Everything I've heard thus far sounds great! Let's see it!

#665 3 years ago

I want pics! I have two kids who will love this, I'm a lifelong fan of the franchise, and I think it may be my first NIB!

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I take it you did not know "hype" can be both positive and/or negative.
Keep calling me back, and I will keep on educating you.

Wow, like everyone else has tried to point out to you everyone knows exactly which hype this thread is for, I really try to avoid childish name calling online but you are the type of person that makes it difficult.

#667 3 years ago

These images are not from the game. Just speculation at this point.

#668 3 years ago

Yeah that's pretty obvious. Nice to even see though and good info

#669 3 years ago

It would be cool if you could load balls into Krang's robot body. Maybe Krang himself is the bash toy, and the robot body erupts the balls out during multi ball, similar to Groot on GotG.

#670 3 years ago

I'm guessing it's half the robot body with krang himself on the pf acting as a bash toy. After enough hits, he lowers allowing for a ball lock.... Then resets

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm guessing it's half the robot body with krang himself on the pf acting as a bash toy. After enough hits, he lowers allowing for a ball lock.... Then resets

Hopefully it's not just straight up the middle Sparky or Groot-style. An upper flipper shot would be my vote, Rudy-style.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hopefully it's not just straight up the middle Sparky or Groot-style. An upper flipper shot would be my vote, Rudy-style.

Agreed but wouldn't be surprised.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed but wouldn't be surprised.

We need another one of those Simpsons sofa lock mechs.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

We need another one of those Simpsons sofa lock mechs.

Could use the same one

Screenshot_20200514-114005_Samsung Internet (resized).pngScreenshot_20200514-114005_Samsung Internet (resized).png
#675 3 years ago

Re-skin of Walking Dead with Krang as Barn and Shredder as Well?

#676 3 years ago

Leakers need to step their game up.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Hope not, TWD is phenomenal but it’s got some layout issues, Lyman made that game the masterpiece it is with his work on the code.

Plus at today’s prices I want original/new layouts not reskins, plus all these great licences Stern get deserve their own layout, TMNT needs subways and playfield pop ups.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hope not, TWD is phenomenal but it’s got some layout issues, Lyman made that game the masterpiece it is with his work on the code.
Plus at today’s prices I want original/new layouts not reskins, plus all these great licences Stern get deserve their own layout, TMNT needs subways and playfield pop ups.

Exactly what I want to. We should not be accepting reskins with what we are paying for these machines. They should be able to add unique features and unique layouts that go with the theme. If this doesn't have at least 1 subway and some sort of pop up then they haven't tried at all.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Exactly what I want to. We should not be accepting reskins with what we are paying for these machines. They should be able to add unique features and unique layouts that go with the theme. If this doesn't have at least 1 subway and some sort of pop up then they haven't tried at all.

Do the designers always know in advance what theme they are designing for? I know Steve did with BKSOR and Keith said he knew his game was going to be JP from the start. But sometimes it does feel like a layout was designed and a theme added after. I’m sure someone here knows the answer.

TMNT seems a complete no brainer for a subway and some pop up exits/entrances, the FBI mech from xfiles would be perfect for sewer pop ups in the playfield and that mechs already designed so seems a good way to save money developing a new mech that can then be put in the BOM elsewhere.

#680 3 years ago

Who ever the code guys are for JP should be on such killer titles as this!

#681 3 years ago

This theme has a lot of potential. It isn’t a grail theme for me so wouldn’t buy it on theme alone. I agree that this game has to have a subway. Lots of potential for cool mechs and unique gameplay to integrate the theme. Not to mention the artwork potential with ZY.

Looking forward to this reveal.

#682 3 years ago

I guess re-skin is more than I literally meant. Agree that would be disappointing. But I could see him borrowing from those two toys in a similar manner. He has tended to borrow design elements among his games. As much I hate waiting for code, I think this theme has a great chance for code to mature if the design elements give plenty of room to work with; the legacy of the franchise just naturally creates room to build a narrative, side stories, etc in mode play and other goal-oriented elements of code. I am considering buying this because I like the franchise, but also because I think it'll be a great family game to keep for a few years with my young kids as we're all compelled to stay at home more. I like that the early news suggests hewing to the original cast of characters, but I also like that Zombie Yeti might update the artwork to something a bit edgier and less cartoonish (in the child-like sense). That should make for a nice combo.

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do the designers always know in advance what theme they are designing for? I know Steve did with BKSOR and Keith said he knew his game was going to be JP from the start. But sometimes it does feel like a layout was designed and a theme added after. I’m sure someone here knows the answer.

There have been cases where the license have had issues and sometime changes to the theme.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Yes

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Who ever the code guys are for JP should be on such killer titles as this!

Keith lays out almost 100% of the rules for his own games and has his programmers implement it. It's a bit different than how other lead programmers work at Stern.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just hope the technodrome is in this somehow!

Haha delt31 I said the same thing and I got laughed at...Technodrome needs to be in there.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Haha delt31 I said the same thing and I got laughed at...Technodrome needs to be in there.

A Technodrome ball lock would be pretty cool. Hit it once to open it up, hit it again to lock a ball.

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

A Technodrome ball lock would be pretty cool. Hit it once to open it up, hit it again to lock a ball.

and likely cut from the pro

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and likely cut from the pro

Well I just hope they make it easy for me to pick the premium or LE. Yes it's more expensive but that means Stern actually thought outside the box and delivered. If I end up getting the pro, yes it's money saved but that means the theme wasn't given the showcase it deserved.

Don't let me down Stern. I'm hoping for JP #2. That Trex toy makes me smile everytime I play it

#690 3 years ago

Who’s coding this one?

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s coding this one?

I think Dwight.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think Dwight.

If that is true, I am sorry to hear that, I am out.

Edit: Based Dwight’s track record of finishing games: ghostbusters, Munsters, etc. hope you don’t experience this.

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Keith lays out almost 100% of the rules for his own games and has his programmers implement it. It's a bit different than how other lead programmers work at Stern.

This seems to work well so far and hope it continues. It makes a lot of sense. Seeing him play his own game and seeing how he chose to progress was cool I hope it happens more. Someone can program the shit out of something but if it doesn’t play well it’s no fun.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Bye!

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Edit: Based Dwight’s track record of finishing games: ghostbusters, Munsters, etc. hope you don’t experience this.

I don't blame anyone who would be leery of Dwight's recent track history. Munsters and Star wars would have easily doubled the amount of sales if not for code. Look at how long it took Deadpool to rebound in terms of sales and popularity because of the garbage code at launch. Will people buy tmnt absolutely but overall success is dependent on what Dwight does with code

#696 3 years ago

Don’t blame Dwight for Munsters. Gomez wanted a simple game. That’s what he got. Star Wars has great code. GOT on steroids. I get not being a fan of what Dwight likes to do, but his rules are fantastic if not held back.

#697 3 years ago

Star Wars code is massive and super enjoyable, blows Lymans games like AC/DC and Metallica away
Try them all and see for yourself

#698 3 years ago

How much difference is there between Star Wars pro and premium ?Been wondering just got into Pinbsll when covid hit I’m hooked and only have 1 game to play still fun as hell but can’t wait to try them all!!!

05ECEF48-AD16-47A5-81A2-A0E75EB30247 (resized).jpeg05ECEF48-AD16-47A5-81A2-A0E75EB30247 (resized).jpeg
#699 3 years ago

Main difference is the hyper loop. Pretty awesome feature. Also there the exploding Death Star which is cool too. Is it worth the extra money? That’s up to you.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t blame Dwight for Munsters. Gomez wanted a simple game. That’s what he got. Star Wars has great code. GOT on steroids. I get not being a fan of what Dwight likes to do, but his rules are fantastic if not held back.

Not to mention Borg had the game hamstrung as well, not by his own choice, supposedly. I'd imagine Dwight had limitations for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 22.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,999.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/14?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.