20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 64.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Raw Thrills released a new TMNT arcade game not too long ago and had a lot of success.

Yup, my friend's kids played it on location, and they wanted one so I told him where to go for pricing and I think it was just shy of $10K delivered. He's now looking at the Arcade1up instead. But he said it was one of the most popular games where he was and it was always being played. TMNT was a hit with my son ~4 years ago, and they totally reinvent to get new audiences. But seriously, no new crap. The pin better be the ones I grew up with.

Being 37, TMNT was in my wheelhouse growing up. TMNT birthday parties, having friends over to watch, action figures. Hell, I remember begging my mom to take me to Burger King because one of their promotions was 1 of 4 new TMNT VHS's!

One year I wanted the action figures of the 4 main turtles for X-mas, and I didn't get them. I was super bummed. My mom went out and got them for me a few days later and I never knew why that was case. Probably some "Santa forgot" BS. Fast forward to 3 or so years ago, I'm helping my parents move out of their house, and I'm going through basement boxes, and I see the what's in the picture below. As a kid I was such a snoop around the house she had to be good at hiding places, and apparently she forgot she had bought these months prior... and then forgot to dig them out on Xmas... and then forgot they were there in a box for ~31 more years. Needless to say, I'll take the 2-3 days of being sad as a kid for these now!

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Again, it's because this is not a club thread or is it an actual pinball machine that has been released and people keep asking me to respond again and I hate to disappoint them.
And people shouldn't let their excitement about anything get affected by those that don't care for something in an online forum where all opinions are supposed to be welcome.
I've taken a lot of heat for my opinions as well, but that's the nature of this place I guess.

Haha - you think people actually care about what you think? Here’s why people are responding to you. It’s a dick move to come into a hype thread and try to put people down who are hyped. The definition of a dick.

Go ahead and create an “Old man that doesn’t like TMNT” thread. It would serve you better.

Last I comment on your nonsense. It’s embarrassing.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yup, my friend's kids played it on location, and they wanted one so I told him where to go for pricing and I think it was just shy of $10K delivered. He's now looking at the Arcade1up instead. But he said it was one of the most popular games where he was and it was always being played. TMNT was a hit with my son ~4 years ago, and they totally reinvent to get new audiences. But seriously, no new crap. The pin better be the ones I grew up with.
Being 37, TMNT was in my wheelhouse growing up. TMNT birthday parties, having friends over to watch, action figures. Hell, I remember begging my mom to take me to Burger King because one of their promotions was 1 of 4 new TMNT VHS's!
One year I wanted the action figures of the 4 main turtles for X-mas, and I didn't get them. I was super bummed. My mom went out and got them for me a few days later and I never knew why that was case. Probably some "Santa forgot" BS. Fast forward to 3 or so years ago, I'm helping my parents move out of their house, and I'm going through basement boxes, and I see the what's in the picture below. As a kid I was such a snoop around the house she had to be good at hiding places, and apparently she forgot she had bought these months prior... and then forgot to dig them out on Xmas... and then forgot they were there in a box for ~31 more years. Needless to say, I'll take the 2-3 days of being sad as a kid for these now!
[quoted image]

I just got me collection from my mom a few days ago. They aren’t new in box like this. I did a little value research. I am not saying you should sell, but I think those are worth $100 a piece like that. I am also 37, so we are both hoping for this artwork on the game! Cheers

#604 3 years ago

Also time for me to pledge to pinside, will do it tomorrow for sure.

#605 3 years ago

Im surprised this hasn’t been posted yet..

299E86D1-52A6-41CF-B928-E7E9ED9BB84F (resized).png299E86D1-52A6-41CF-B928-E7E9ED9BB84F (resized).png

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I am a huge fan, but unfortunately it will prob be based off the Nickelodeon cartoon version, prob still nib purchase for me. I think this theme is gold for pinball.

God I hope not for the Nickelodeon comment, it's not the kids buying the machine its the 30 and 40 year olds. Let them have theirs another 20 years down the road. I do agree with the gold for pinball comment though.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha - you think people actually care about what you think? Here’s why people are responding to you. It’s a dick move to come into a hype thread and try to put people down who are hyped. The definition of a dick.

I didn't put anybody down that I know of.

And name calling by you just proves that you are a hypocrite. And obviously overly sensitive and easily offended if you let my opinion get to you.

Go ahead and have your little circle jerk and heaven forbid anybody else come in here with an opinion different than yours.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

Wow, great find. Wonder what they are worth now?

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And name calling by you just proves that you are a hypocrite. And obviously overly sensitive and easily offended if you let my opinion get to you.
Go ahead and have your little circle jerk and heaven forbid anybody else come in here with an opinion different than yours.

Dude it's a "HYPE" thread, people who are exited about something just don't want to constantly read the kinda stuff you have said in a hype thread. I don't understand what your not getting. You don't like the theme, you don't have high expectations great, like you have said it's your opinion but a "HYPE" thread is not the place for this. Like others have said post about it in the "Next Stern Pin" thread but it's not cool to do it in a hype thread.

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow, great find. Wonder what they are worth now?

$100 a piece

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Dude it's a "HYPE" thread, people who are exited about something just don't want to constantly read the kinda stuff you have said in a hype thread. I don't understand what your not getting. You don't like the theme, you don't have high expectations great, like you have said it's your opinion but a "HYPE" thread is not the place for this. Like others have said post about it in the "Next Stern Pin" thread but it's not cool to do it in a hype thread.

I take it you did not know "hype" can be both positive and/or negative.

Keep calling me back, and I will keep on educating you.

#612 3 years ago

Keep seeing 30+ new responses, keep thinking the inevitable Stern blurry playfield pictured leaked.

#613 3 years ago

I posted this last year in a different thread were surprise, surprise o-din kept demeaning the theme in that thread as well. As far as TMNT as a property goes it has a pretty robust history:

Here’s a quick break down of TMNT’s relevance:

Comics:
4 main series:
Mirage
Archie
IDW (Present series currently going strong with the introduction of a fifth turtle)

TV:
5 series based on the property
Original 1987-1996
Next Mutation 1997-1998
TMNT 2003-2009
Nickelodeon TMNT 2012-2017
Rise of the TMNT 2018-present

Movies:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
TMNT (CGI) 2007
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)
Another Reboot (In Development)

Video Games:
Basically from 1989-Present

Also, look at what companies like Mondo and NECA are doing. You will see multiple collector centric figures priced at $100+ alongside screen prints that sell out in minutes.

The pin would be a huge hit and is perfect for those people with disposable income between 30-40. I’m assuming if Zombie Yeti is doing the art it will be beautiful. I just hope the game plays well.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonikthehedgehog:

surprise o-din kept demeaning the theme in that thread as well.

As long a people keep wanting more, who am I to disappoint them?

Hint- start or move threads like this to the Stern subforum where it belongs and I am permabanned from and you won't hear from me. All pinball subforum is just that, for all.

#615 3 years ago

FWIW TMNT is pretty consistently the top earner of my vids on location....even beats out some if the pins from time to time...and that's on a quarter a play

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

we should rename this thread TMNT trying to hype o-din thread...

I don‘t.

I like my pinsiders bitter.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Sure, that’s the head decal (good job picking that out) but remember, they were using a RBION head forever as a test piece. They can take any rejected cabinet and throw a whitewood in there to tinker. What I’d be curious about is if anyone can figure out what’s on the display.

Please forgive me if someone has already said this, but I'm almost positive that's the animation during quarter hunt on stranger things.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Keep seeing 30+ new responses, keep thinking the inevitable Stern blurry playfield pictured leaked.

Would love to get a blurry pf shot. You know you want to leak it Stern!

#619 3 years ago

The art isn’t bad from the latest cartoon movie ‘Batman vs TMNT.’ The movie is actually better than the Michael Bay ones.

791C986F-F37C-4194-A422-F0AB48B10D3A (resized).jpeg791C986F-F37C-4194-A422-F0AB48B10D3A (resized).jpeg
#620 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The movie is actually better than the Michael Bay ones.

That’s not exactly a high benchmark, most of the movies my 4 year old makes with her dolls and iPad are better than a lot of Bays work

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All of this is why I pull away from forums. It gets so negative on so many sides, and opinions are rarely rational.

Have you seen the game Odin? Have you played it?

If the answer to both of those questions is "no", why shit on it incessantly based solely on theme.

You're set to buy a Rick and Morty. Did you plunk money down prior to playing it? Have you played it since you plunked money down?

Your logic is irrational. So that in turn makes your opinion come off equally so, even being an opinion.

You keep stating you're coming back here simply to reply to people that reply to you, but each time your reply just repeats itself, and with more attitude than reason.

#622 3 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gentlemen, please remember not to be broken records.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I don't care about if you buy it or not. (Barely any chance I will.)

I'm asking you specific questions to gauge the validity of your apathy/disdain towards a currently imaginary game.

Your lack of any sense of logic irks me more than anything. A repeated lack of logic at that.

Crazy idea here man. I live life like any person. I can have predisposed opinions prior to experiencing or being exposed to them. The key difference between you and myself, is ideally I HOPE to have negative predisposed opinions proven wrong. I'd much prefer going into some experience, feeling shitty about it, and then coming out being pleasantly surprised at how wrong I was. Crazy attitude, huh?

Case in point. I had a negative uninformed view of the Rick and Morty show prior to seeing it. Binged watched what existed in a week or so, really enjoyed it.

An open mind, is a terrible thing to waste.....

Feel free to answer my prior questions. Otherwise I don't have much else to add, and your meme captions aren't really you expressing yourself with your own words.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gentlemen, please remember not to be broken records. It’s okay not to like something, state your position and then move along rather than having multiple negative back and forth arguing where the same positions get restated. Thanks.

#625 3 years ago

I'm going to attempt to steer this thread back towards TMNT Hype...

I can't wait for this game. I'm a huge TMNT fan and really want this game to be good. One thing it seems we can count on is that the art should be amazing if ZY is doing it.

Here are some of my thoughts in regards to code.

1. Please let me pick a turtle at the start. Every other TMNT video game starts with you picking your turtle. It would be awesome if each one had different perks which would add some great variety to the game (kind of like JJP Pirates but only 4 instead of 20+ characters).
2. Please let there be co-op. The turtles have always fought as a team so why not have that actually happen in the game.
3. I keep thinking this will be similar to deadpool where you will have different battles. TMNT has some great villains and I'd love for as many as possible to be included.

Thoughts on Playfield.
1. You have to have a subway or underground in this game.
2. PLEASE have full RGB lighting. I think the last time this happened was GOTG Premium but it can add so much to an other all game that I hope they do it.
3. More than 2 flippers would be fantastic.
4. Please have some cool cityscape molds like in GB.
5. I'm all for cool locking mechs as long as they work and are reliable.

Just some random thoughts and I can't wait for something to be revealed or leaked!

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Please let there be co-op. The turtles have always fought as a team so why not have that actually happen in the game.

TNA like or the old team scores way?

#627 3 years ago

I need me some pic leaks to bring down my high cabin fever temperature!!! Somebody call the amberlamps!!!!!

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't care about if you buy it or not. (Barely any chance I will.)
I'm asking you specific questions to gauge the validity of your apathy/disdain towards a currently imaginary game.
Your lack of any sense of logic irks me more than anything. A repeated lack of logic at that.
Crazy idea here man. I live life like any person. I can have predisposed opinions prior to experiencing or being exposed to them. The key difference between you and myself, is ideally I HOPE to have negative predisposed opinions proven wrong. I'd much prefer going into some experience, feeling shitty about it, and then coming out being pleasantly surprised at how wrong I was. Crazy attitude, huh?
Case in point. I had a negative uninformed view of the Rick and Morty show prior to seeing it. Binged watched what existed in a week or so, really enjoyed it.
An open mind, is a terrible thing to waste.....
Feel free to answer my prior questions. Otherwise I don't have much else to add, and your meme captions aren't really you expressing yourself with your own words.

Please let it go. He politely walked away yet you Keep draggin him back in. Umphhhh.

#629 3 years ago

I personally won't be interested in this pin, however, I hope Stern knocks it out of the park!!!

Op has been after this theme for quite some time as I suppose many others. Hopefully, it exceeds (or at least meets) expectations.

delt31 ....could this be a keeper/ Avatar changer for you if it lives up to hype?..

#630 3 years ago

I love how TNA does its co-op. I like that it shares the same score so "worse" players don't feel like they aren't contributing. I'd be fine with Team scoring though as long as you are progressing through the modes/story together. Lets say I'm battling Bebop and drain. I'd love for the next person to continue to bash on Bebop so that we feel like we defeated him together.

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Please let it go. He politely walked away yet you Keep draggin him back in. Umphhhh.

Quoted from wesman:

Otherwise I don't have much else to add

Trying to bait a mod, twice, into moderating someone trying to have dialog, isn't being polite Dave.

Walked away already. No need to continue as stated above.

Despite theme, and maybe/hopefully being a great game, I'm not sure I want to invest in Stern. Hell, I'm feeling that way a bit towards all manufacturers presently.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I love how TNA does its co-op. I like that it shares the same score so "worse" players don't feel like they aren't contributing. I'd be fine with Team scoring though as long as you are progressing through the modes/story together. Lets say I'm battling Bebop and drain. I'd love for the next person to continue to bash on Bebop so that we feel like we defeated him together.

coop would be sweet! I also kind of like the deadpool fighting style on the screen too. if you had a "fun" mode and had to swap characters/players so you could switch between p1 and p2. idk like the fun mode where it isn't a normal game.

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Trying to bait a mod, twice, into moderating someone trying to have dialog, isn't being polite Dave.
Walked away already. No need to continue as stated above.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

coop would be sweet! I also kind of like the deadpool fighting style on the screen too. if you had a "fun" mode and had to swap characters/players so you could switch between p1 and p2. idk like the fun mode where it isn't a normal game.

Never considered that interesting idea. If they used the same animation technics like Deadpool that might be interesting.

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

1. Please let me pick a turtle at the start. Every other TMNT video game starts with you picking your turtle. It would be awesome if each one had different perks which would add some great variety to the game

What about only being able to play as each turtle for one ball, like draining the ball equals getting captured. So if you pick Leo on Ball 1, you can't pick him on ball 2 or 3. For extra balls you would continue as the same character as the previous ball. This would all depend on the nature of the perks but could make for some interesting strategy choices. Maybe even throw in a "character select" feature to the game to change characters mid-ball.

The problem with this is that I think code would have to be well-balanced in order to avoid a situation where there is one proper strategy and no room for people to play around with different combinations.

You could also have a mini-wizard mode where you first need to rescue any captured turtles and then fight some boss.

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Go ahead and create an “Old man that doesn’t like TMNT” thread. It would serve you better.
Last I comment on your nonsense. It’s embarrassing.

How in the fuck was this moderated? It was the truth, and a lot of people haven't been moderated for a lot worse. Oh, wait. Now I'm probably going to get moderated...

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What about only being able to play as each turtle for one ball, like draining the ball equals getting captured. So if you pick Leo on Ball 1, you can't pick him on ball 2 or 3. For extra balls you would continue as the same character as the previous ball. This would all depend on the nature of the perks but could make for some interesting strategy choices. Maybe even throw in a "character select" feature to the game to change characters mid-ball.
The problem with this is that I think code would have to be well-balanced in order to avoid a situation where there is one proper strategy and no room for people to play around with different combinations.
You could also have a mini-wizard mode where you first need to rescue any captured turtles and then fight some boss.

and in 4 and 5 ball play? Tournament Comp ball ruling issues?

#638 3 years ago

A recessed mini playfield with small orange, blue, red and purple balls "fighting" foot clan stand-up targets would be pretty cool

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Would be nice to have a bash toy off a third flipper to the side left or right...anything other then up the middle.

Quoted from J85M:

It’s Borg so that’s a bash toy for certain, maybe Krang is in his android body, bash him and he lowers, I’d dig that. It’s always cool to have a new shot open but I would like to see Borg do something other than a bash toy for change.

Motorized like in Iron Man or a spring coil activated as is Star Ship Troopers. I'm thinking krang inside the suit style myself.

#640 3 years ago

TMNT might be the only time Stern gets me to pony up the cash for a NIB LE.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I personally won't be interested in this pin, however, I hope Stern knocks it out of the park!!!
Op has been after this theme for quite some time as I suppose many others. Hopefully, it exceeds (or at least meets) expectations.
delt31 ....could this be a keeper/ Avatar changer for you if it lives up to hype?..

Keeper? Who knows. I love certain games for sure but once they reach a certain price I sell bc no Pinball game is worth 15 or 16k imo which is why I sold alien and potc.

Alien is still my favorite game btw and will remain my avatar.

This is a Stern so I have to check my expectations accordingly but I have a feeling this is going to be like JP Stern, not like black Knight Stern.

#642 3 years ago

im excited for this J Borg title!! Now i think i will spend the next 4 hours going to every other hype thread and express that i am not interested in the theme or game.

#644 3 years ago

May want to delete, that's not allowed here, and even when done in jest, it's bad form.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Keeper? Who knows. I love certain games for sure but once they reach a certain price I sell bc no Pinball game is worth 15 or 16k imo which is why I sold alien and potc.
Alien is still my favorite game btw and will remain my avatar.
This is a Stern so I have to check my expectations accordingly but I have a feeling this is going to be like JP Stern, not like black Knight Stern.

I really liked Black Knight. Maybe after JP for last year's Stern releases. Game had goofy style, fun callouts, and really nice action oriented code.

Not sure I'd buy one, but it was a fun on location game for sure!

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and in 4 and 5 ball play? Tournament Comp ball ruling issues?

good point. maybe after you've played as all 4 turtles they reset.

#647 3 years ago

My dog is more excited than me about a good TMNT pin and the chance to battle Krang.

3FAB7648-CAEE-4349-9ED8-825F497DF0F1.jpeg3FAB7648-CAEE-4349-9ED8-825F497DF0F1.jpeg4DFABBB8-AD3D-49AC-A9C0-6E9830042EEC.jpeg4DFABBB8-AD3D-49AC-A9C0-6E9830042EEC.jpeg553DC260-58D2-4F1C-9329-80EEE03F2677.jpeg553DC260-58D2-4F1C-9329-80EEE03F2677.jpeg

#648 3 years ago

I’m in for LE if they fix the clear coat issues. Just got a JP pro and the clear is so thin you can see and feel the wood grain.

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

I’m in for LE if they fix the clear coat issues. Just got a JP pro and the clear is so thin you can see and feel the wood grain.

Roulette....

#650 3 years ago

Let’s have a villain vote!!Add your favs !

4F305A21-26A3-4C30-AA7A-2D804659287C (resized).jpeg4F305A21-26A3-4C30-AA7A-2D804659287C (resized).jpeg70529225-ECF8-4354-83F4-9C9F5AF36D80 (resized).jpeg70529225-ECF8-4354-83F4-9C9F5AF36D80 (resized).jpeg97F24F55-D55D-4130-A316-DC7E280A62DA (resized).jpeg97F24F55-D55D-4130-A316-DC7E280A62DA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/13?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.