20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 64.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Here you go!
[quoted image]

Definitely a finger remover there.

1 week later
#452 3 years ago

Any news on this game? What was up with the rumor it was going to be revealed soon?

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Any news on this game? What was up with the rumor it was going to be revealed soon?

Corona came and said hi

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Corona came and said hi

32467AEC-74C7-461A-BD93-C26A8A1DF023 (resized).jpeg32467AEC-74C7-461A-BD93-C26A8A1DF023 (resized).jpeg
#455 3 years ago

Stern would be stupid to release this right now. Why let your sales hype die off while you can't make or ship games?

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern would be stupid to release this right now. Why let your sales hype die off while you can't make or ship games?

Right.

Best thing is go update code for released machines. Programmers can do from home.

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Right.
Best thing is go update code for released machines. Programmers can do from home.

Smart move as it builds a massive amount of good will with current customers and pumps people for future releases at the same time.

It’s probably also a good time for coders to get ahead on the upcoming releases. I know I saw on Instagram Gomez making models for his next game at home in his make shift home studio so things are happening.

#458 3 years ago

I do think that a tmnt pinball should be announced in April!

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I see what you did there. Haha.

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I guess that'd hurt her.

#461 3 years ago

The Turtles comic premiered in May of 84... the 1990 Movie premiered in March

#462 3 years ago

I hope their working on the TMNT code so when it’s released it’s ready to go! Iron Maiden was pretty perfect out of the box

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Corona came and said hi

Rumor was well after corona and quarantine. I suppose Stern changed it’s mind. Wish they could at least do a teaser for now though.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Rumor was well after corona and quarantine. I suppose Stern changed it’s mind. Wish they could at least do a teaser for now though.

Then you‘re living in the future.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

April 2021.

#466 3 years ago

Not related to the inevitable tmnt Stern release but a new SNL short.

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not related to the inevitable tmnt Stern release but a new SNL short.

That was great!

#468 3 years ago

"Shredder died"

1 week later
#471 3 years ago

I might be in on this one, depending on who the designer and lead coder are of course. Do we know what team was on this title? ZY did the art, that’s all I know.

#472 3 years ago

So Dwight on code it is then. Here come all the fucking crying multiplier babies.

Rock on Dwight! Your games are awesome!

#473 3 years ago

What game is this?

57007EA9-E3D6-495E-9BD8-858202A678AE (resized).png57007EA9-E3D6-495E-9BD8-858202A678AE (resized).png
#474 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

So Dwight on code it is then.

Why do we think Dwight is the lead coder based on that photo?

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I might be in on this one, depending on who the designer and lead coder are of course. Do we know what team was on this title? ZY did the art, that’s all I know.

Borg, Dwight, ZY was the trio mentioned a while ago. Looking forward to the reveal.

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Why else would Dwight have one in his house for quarantine unless he was coding it.

#477 3 years ago

Great updates guys. I'm pumped although I'm not a big fan of Dwight.... Really really don't like the multiplier nonsense but the art looks like old school tmnt logo which is good to see

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great updates guys. I'm pumped although I'm not a big fan of Dwight.... Really really don't like the multiplier nonsense but the art looks like old school tmnt logo which is good to see

Dwight knows you don't like that multiplier shit, that's while every game from now on will be like Munsters, that you guys love sicerely!

(Well I'd bet he'll be back in the middleground.)

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you zoom in there's a turtles poster on the wall

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Why else would Dwight have one in his house for quarantine unless he was coding it.

Several coders work on each game in various capacity. Perhaps he’s doing the light show and is not the lead rules coder. My big dream was Lyman to do the lead code guy on this one.

Regardless though, presumably the game will ship more complete code wise than most games due to the delays.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Several coders work on each game in various capacity. Perhaps he’s doing the light show and is not the lead rules coder. My big dream was Lyman to do the lead code guy on this one.

Since Lyman was and still is on Elvira that's kinda impossible.

Dwight however is finished with Munsters for way over a year, so his next lead is overdue.

#482 3 years ago

Dwight is no go for me!!

Track record is not good. He doesn’t own his baby like Lyman. Sometimes you put in personal extra effort in something you create.

He could have updated several of his “babies” however he neglected them for years. Tells me it is a job not a passion. Call it like I see it.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Dwight is no go for me!!
Track record is not good. He doesn’t own his baby like Lyman. Sometimes you put in personal extra effort in something you create.
He could have updated several of his “babies” however he neglected them for years. Tells me it is a job not a passion. Call it like I see it.

He updated Ghostbusters & GoT pretty recently and the "years" inbetween were filled with some personal curveballs.

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He updated Ghostbusters & GoT pretty recently and the "years" inbetween were filled with some personal curveballs.

Yup not willing to wait years again. I have owned 2 of his coded machines in the past. Fool me twice - no way!!!

Passion coder I need. Tonia is another good one!

194759C6-9427-4606-8C0D-71071DB73B02 (resized).jpeg194759C6-9427-4606-8C0D-71071DB73B02 (resized).jpeg
#485 3 years ago

Dwight's awesome! Boo to the haters..

#486 3 years ago

Guessing the moment Stern's line starts moving again, this game will be announced?

#487 3 years ago

To fooflighter:

Criticism has nothing to do with hate ......!

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since Lyman was and still is on Elvira that's kinda impossible.
Dwight however is finished with Munsters for way over a year, so his next lead is overdue.

Tanio finished Deadpool way before Dwights Munsters. Tanio on TMNT would be awesome he did amazing work on Deadpools code and something similar for TMNT would work well.

So it’s gotto be Tanio up next in the rotation!?? if he could code it with a throwback to Deadpool and code in a video “game” mode, where you can play a level of the old TMNT side scroller that would be insane!!

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What game is this?

That is a good question. It doesn't look like any released machine to me.

#490 3 years ago

I would be very keen on a TMNT machine. It is something my wife loved watching/playing with, as much as I did when we were growing up.
Hope it is a Borg with ZY art. That would be wicked!

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What game is this?[quoted image]

To me it looks like the black knight on the top of that backbox.. Could it be some early stage art for it?

Black feather on the helmet and the blue glowing sword

#492 3 years ago

If this has anything above 3x or 4x I will be really sad.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If this has anything above 3x or 4x I will be really sad.

I agree. I think the DrWho multiplier is the maximum that is still fun, and you can have it decreasing quite quickly.

It'd be nice if Stern would release some teasers with (small) parts of the playfield.

1 week later
#494 3 years ago

I am pretty confused as to why there are so many haters on Dwight. Multipliers can get old but it is just a different strategy. Look at his games, I believe he has 7 games in the top 50. I get that Lyman is amazing with code but Dwight could also slay it. I am gonna remain positive and hope for the best. I am most likely gonna be all in on a TMNT. I can’t wait to hear some updates on this.

#495 3 years ago

A teaser of some kind would be cool.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

I am pretty confused as to why there are so many haters on Dwight. Multipliers can get old but it is just a different strategy. Look at his games, I believe he has 7 games in the top 50. I get that Lyman is amazing with code but Dwight could also slay it. I am gonna remain positive and hope for the best. I am most likely gonna be all in on a TMNT. I can’t wait to hear some updates on this.

Because Munsters and Stern’s POTC are regarded as having very basic code. GB, GOT, and SW were initially a mess. He’s also historically slow about finishing the games off.

I wouldn’t say the top 50 is a good gauge of success as most new Sterns find themselves there, even ones that are not considered fan favorites like BK SOR and Stranger Things.

#497 3 years ago

With his games multipliers aren't a "different strategy", they are the only strategy.

It's poor balance if you can beat somebody's 20 minute game by getting a 20x video mode. When the X is either too high (star wars), or is too easy to obtain (ghostbusters) it ruins it and makes it the only path to multiplayer victory or pursuit of GC. Look how poorly those games utilize multipliers and how well games like IMDN and TWD do.

His games also have a tendency to sit in dire need of updates for years on end with scoring issues, bugs, and completely missing features while he says publicly he thinks they are finished. Do you think Ghostbusters would have ever been updated if Stern didn't have an army of people attacking them on facebook every time they posted anything? Heck, when he did update it he made getting the multipliers EASIER!

I don't like being negative but this topic just gets me agitated. It's all been said he's apparently a really nice and passionate guy which I don't doubt. But I know people who have bought his games and sat there pissed off at incomplete, unbalanced code. I want TMNT but I would rather have it coded by a complete unknown.

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

With his games multipliers aren't a "different strategy", they are the only strategy.
It's poor balance if you can beat somebody's 20 minute game by getting a 20x video mode. When the X is either too high (star wars), or is too easy to obtain (ghostbusters) it ruins it and makes it the only path to multiplayer victory or pursuit of GC. Look how poorly those games utilize multipliers and how well games like IMDN and TWD do.
His games also have a tendency to sit in dire need of updates for years on end with scoring issues, bugs, and completely missing features while he says publicly he thinks they are finished. Do you think Ghostbusters would have ever been updated if Stern didn't have an army of people attacking them on facebook every time they posted anything? Heck, when he did update it he made getting the multipliers EASIER!
I don't like being negative but this topic just gets me agitated. It's all been said he's apparently a really nice and passionate guy which I don't doubt. But I know people who have bought his games and sat there pissed off at incomplete, unbalanced code. I want TMNT but I would rather have it coded by a complete unknown.

Well, based on my experience, pretty much the whole pinball community has a disparate view on balanced game play and scoring. You can look at a bunch of the games in the top 10 and top 20 and argue many of them are unbalanced when it comes to scoring and unbalanced when it comes to game play and what you really want to go for.

If getting a high score is what's most important for you in pinball, then I could see how some of Dwight's games are polarizing and maybe not liked as much. Personally, I couldn't care less what my score is at the end of the game; what drives me in pinball is the experience and the integration, something I think Dwight has done a marvelous job on with Star Wars and Game of Thrones (especially considering how few "toys" he had to work with on Star Wars).

Regardless, I have yet to see someone step up to my Star Wars and beat my GC score on a few minutes of game play compared to the half hour or more that went into the top score. It is possible to focus on both progressing in the game and managing your high score shots, and I personally find it super gratifying when I manage to get that 40X multiplier and then not fuck up and actually use it on a video mode, or Escape Boba Fett. I mean, seriously, I don't think there's a single mode out there (maybe Horde in TWD) that actually gets my adrenaline that pumped up as when I start escape Fett and it's even more heightened when I know I have that multiplier high and I don't want to blow it.

Either way, it's clear there's people out there that just don't like it and that's fine, but there's a ton of people out there that do like it and that doesn't mean it's bad... I love the rumor that Dwight is on this and look forward to seeing if he does another take on choosing your adventure similar to what he's done with SW and GOT, just with turtles this time.

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well, based on my experience, pretty much the whole pinball community has a disparate view on balanced game play and scoring. You can look at a bunch of the games in the top 10 and top 20 and argue many of them are unbalanced when it comes to scoring and unbalanced when it comes to game play and what you really want to go for.
If getting a high score is what's most important for you in pinball, then I could see how some of Dwight's games are polarizing and maybe not liked as much. Personally, I couldn't care less what my score is at the end of the game; what drives me in pinball is the experience and the integration, something I think Dwight has done a marvelous job on with Star Wars and Game of Thrones (especially considering how few "toys" he had to work with on Star Wars).
Regardless, I have yet to see someone step up to my Star Wars and beat my GC score on a few minutes of game play compared to the half hour or more that went into the top score. It is possible to focus on both progressing in the game and managing your high score shots, and I personally find it super gratifying when I manage to get that 40X multiplier and then not fuck up and actually use it on a video mode, or Escape Boba Fett. I mean, seriously, I don't think there's a single mode out there (maybe Horde in TWD) that actually gets my adrenaline that pumped up as when I start escape Fett and it's even more heightened when I know I have that multiplier high and I don't want to blow it.
Either way, it's clear there's people out there that just don't like it and that's fine, but there's a ton of people out there that do like it and that doesn't mean it's bad... I love the rumor that Dwight is on this and look forward to seeing if he does another take on choosing your adventure similar to what he's done with SW and GOT, just with turtles this time.

I could care less about score in the game and I don't like Dwight's multiplier approach. It's just not fun period (for me and many others).

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I could care less about score in the game and I don't like Dwight's multiplier approach. It's just not fun period (for me and many others).

So if you don't care about the score, why do the multiplier rules bother you so much?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.00
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/10?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.