(Topic ID: 280768)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Premium a Drain monster?

By sepins

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by earflaps
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201229_133919_HDR (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Or does everyone in my family suck at pinball?

The outlanes seem to kick in to drain not return a lot to flipper.

Spinner likes to throw it down the middle

Shots half way up a ramp tend to go SDTM.

And damn the ball speeds are crazy fast!

Ready to trade it.

#2 3 years ago

I don't have a prem. I have a pro. It does seem that out of about 20 balls played - we will have 3-5 that are outlane drains when we dont even touch the ball. In fact - I have had games where I plunge the ball. Into the pops, out of the pops and into the slings - and then snap-snap-snap-snap and out. Ball Saver.
Then same thing again.

In any pinball game - that happens from time to time.
However, on this game it REALLY seems like it happens A LOT.
I will say - that I have removed the outlane pin rubbers - and that has helped (only a little).
This also has eliminated the LAIR drain on my machine. Where I hit a clean LAIR shot - and it goes into the LAIR. Then, the pin drops, and the ball bounces around and out.

Basically - I agree with you. When I play this thing I sometimes want to kick a hole in the coin door! It has such TERRIBLE / CHEAP drains that really aren't the players fault. (IMHO). Of course - you can say - play better - or whatever.... but like I said - If I play 4 games.... I would bet at least one of those games I will only get ONE actual ball to play... because of the "plunge-pops-slings-out-ballsave-plunge-pops-slings-out" Sometimes nudging makes it better. But other times not. And my kids - really can't nudge or slap like I can... So, for them - It is a HUGE turnoff.

#3 3 years ago

Sad part for Me is this was a game for my kids and Grandkids.

And they really have a tough time playing it.

Just got an Elvira and it's very friendly to novice players. Same with JP Premium.

#4 3 years ago

As w/ most games, reject ramp shots often go sdtm. That upper left flipper feeds fast... I considered a pro for family and non pinheads, but it’s not a novice layout imo.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Or does everyone in my family suck at pinball?

Most likely this is the answer.

#6 3 years ago

If you don’t like then move it. It is a harder pin and one I enjoy quite a bit but it is obviously not for you.

#7 3 years ago

The left outlane can be fixed. Either Siamese post or cupboard bumper.

Set pitch to 6.5 or lower

Take down sling power and/or slightly bend leaf switches to reduce sling sensitivity.

Also, set co-op on for them to play. This is where the pin really shines for family. Or set it for 3vs1 where the grandkids play against you. Creates a sense of achievement where they can beat you.

It is a hard game. As hard as TWD. once you fix the outlane and the pitch it is bearable though. I also had to work on the right ramp a bit to make that easier.

If you hate it move it. But it is a great game.

EDIT: when I first got it. I hated it. Thought I had made the biggest mistake. BUT had pitch at about 6.7. Once I dropped pitch slightly started to be able to make shots. So I know how you’re feeling.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The left outlane can be fixed. Either Siamese post or cupboard bumper.
Set pitch to 6.5 or lower
Take down sling power and/or slightly bend leaf switches to reduce sling sensitivity.
Also, set co-op on for them to play. This is where the pin really shines for family. Or set it for 3vs1 where the grandkids play against you. Creates a sense of achievement where they can beat you.
It is a hard game. As hard as TWD. once you fix the outlane and the pitch it is bearable though. I also had to work on the right ramp a bit to make that easier.
If you hate it move it. But it is a great game.
EDIT: when I first got it. I hated it. Thought I had made the biggest mistake. BUT had pitch at about 6.7. Once I dropped pitch slightly started to be able to make shots. So I know how you’re feeling.

Thanks for a reasonable reply compared to some other people.

I will try everything today and post back.

And Hazoff and Waxx do either one of You own game?

Or are You people that are always smart asses and kick Your Dogs whenever possible?

#10 3 years ago

Nice mod.

Game is for kids and grandkids.

I don't mind tough on my games but when they can't keep ball in play they are sad!

I'll take one can You PM me info to get it. Not sure why Stern didn't put an adjustment for the left outlane???

Also set pitch down a bit and adjusted slingshot power as suggested.

Now a lot less brutal. Thanks for that post!!!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Nice mod.
I don't mind tough on my games but when they can't keep ball in play they are sad!
I'll take one can You PM me info to get it. Not sure why Stern didn't put an adjustment for the left outlane???

Agreed. I lowered my pitch a bit and it was so much better. It is still a hard game but it is much more fun now

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Nice mod.

It is hard. But the left lane mod and pitch makes it a lot easier. Also as I said coop and vs are awesome! OP, glad I could help, I hope you enjoy it too, not just for the family!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It is hard. But the left lane mod and pitch makes it a lot easier. Also as I said coop and vs are awesome! OP, glad I could help, I hope you enjoy it too, not just for the family!

It is a lot better now! Didn't realize how pitch can change a game.

It is now a keeper!

#14 3 years ago

Excellent! Don’t worry. We were thinking the same until we fixed the pitch. Enjoy!

1 month later
#15 3 years ago

I didn't adjust the pitch but changed both posts and added thick rubbers to the outline. So much more fun now....and yes, it's definitely a keeper now.

20201229_133919_HDR (resized).jpg20201229_133919_HDR (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-premium-a-drain-monster?hl=rhettdr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.