• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201016_214933 (resized).jpg
750DCDBE-DEEE-4D2C-A432-3D299069F8D3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9516 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Own the premium and pitched 6.5 degrees. Constantly the ball will drain on the left outer lane. Its bad and have played other machines and does not do this. Recently waxed and have the Silverjet balls installed. Is there anything that can be done here to eliminate the drain? Also, slingshots are now set at 20, while default is 34 and have titen flipper rubbers. Again, ive played other machines and does not do this.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from bigcity1200:

Own the premium and pitched 6.5 degrees. Constantly the ball will drain on the left outer lane. Its bad and have played other machines and does not do this. Recently waxed and have the Silverjet balls installed. Is there anything that can be done here to eliminate the drain? Also, slingshots are now set at 20, while default is 34 and have titen flipper rubbers. Again, ive played other machines and does not do this.

most the tables I’ve played on that have had this issue is due to the table not being level left to right. Revisit your leveling and if that isn’t the issue try putting a small rubber on the left outpost to shrink the size of the Outlane. I can send you A pic if necessary. You can get them from Lowe’s in the rubber grommet section with the lil drawers that pull out. You’ll be able to find one that should fit or if your a fancy man you can order some rubber kits from titan pinball.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from bigcity1200:

It's an issue for many TMNT owners, Pro/Prem/LE. They all have the same bottom design. Check the TMNT owners club thread to see some potential solutions. I personally changed the setting to allow Ball Save to switch outlanes with flipper press. Now with Mikie or just 5 April hits on any other turtle, you have a fighting chance. There are other remedies as well.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

most the tables I’ve played on that have had this issue is due to the table not being level left to right. Revisit your leveling and if that isn’t the issue try putting a small rubber on the left outpost to shrink the size of the Outlane. I can send you A pic if necessary. You can get them from Lowe’s in the rubber grommet section with the lil drawers that pull out. You’ll be able to find one that should fit or if your a fancy man you can order some rubber kits from titan pinball.

Please send a pic. Thanks!

#5 3 years ago

Is there an outlane post you can close?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there an outlane post you can close?

Nope. No adjustment on either side. I tried swapping out the left side post just above the metal form for the next size up but it didn't leave a gap wide enough for the ball in the outlane:

IMG_9516 (resized).jpgIMG_9516 (resized).jpg

There is a double-wide star post that some have recommended replacing the post at the top of the photo with.

I am working on a 3D printed solution that will fit over the existing metal post to extend it. No ETA though.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from bigcity1200:

Please send a pic. Thanks!

Sorry for the glare.

750DCDBE-DEEE-4D2C-A432-3D299069F8D3 (resized).jpeg750DCDBE-DEEE-4D2C-A432-3D299069F8D3 (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago

How long have you had the game? When you say you played others that didnt do it do you mean other TMNT's? When i first got mine it would drain some down the left but as i learned how the ball moved and when to nudge precisely it stopped draining to point its not even a thought. If you've owned it a long time and are nudging with cat like reflexes and its still draining id recommend putting a straight edge ruler on the playfield and make sure its not warped possibly.

#9 3 years ago

You can also use a stick on bumper pad like these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Assorted-Self-Adhesive-Round-Clear-Surface-Bumpers-36-per-Pack-49969/203661151

I stuck one in the outlane and it has made a massive difference, the drains are much more equal now, rather than being nonstop left drains.

20201016_214933 (resized).jpg20201016_214933 (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

You can also use a stick on bumper pad like these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Assorted-Self-Adhesive-Round-Clear-Surface-Bumpers-36-per-Pack-49969/203661151
I stuck one in the outlane and it has made a massive difference, the drains are much more equal now, rather than being nonstop left drains.
[quoted image]

I did the same thing. The game play is much improved IMHO

#11 3 years ago

Thanks all!
Got those pads and will try it this afternoon.
More To Come

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Sorry for the glare.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

8 months later
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from bigcity1200:

Thank you for pointing this out. Left outer lane is 100% missing a bumper rod. Every table I’ve checked has one and this doesn’t…ball slams the wall and drains…if a bumper is there you can save it. Horrible flaw and I’m thinking of drilling one myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,999.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.