New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274782)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Stern): Custom Mix

By delt31

78 days ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

vice3 (resized).jpg
Vice5 (resized).jpg
ice1 (resized).jpg
iceice1trophy (resized).jpeg

#1 78 days ago

***1.21 version now ready for both Pro, Prem and LE. PM if interested***

Have a lot of interest so making a dedicated thread for my custom music and video (TMNT stern pro will be full, LE/Prem limited).

The full update will only be for the pro model however I will offer an updated premium and LE with the original theme and video as the new rendition is so bad, I feel it's necessary to atleast provide that!

See below for a video showing off the latest version of my custom music AND video (pro model). Has original theme AND video from 1987, tmnt original movie and tmnt arcades (1 and 2). Even has vanilla ice go ninja for ninja mb AND replaced April model with the old school (TMNT and cartoon). I will likely continue updating and will post here in this thread so you're aware.

If you're interested PM me as I'm taking the same approach as Tim from JP2. Lmk if you want pro or prem/LE.

You will need an sd card, an sd card reader and the software to install this. Check Stern's website for direction on installing SD image. Do not use your original SD card with the game. I bought SanDisk ultra from Amazon. Instructions below.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

EDIT - first cut done. Waiting on approval...

And I’ve been asked about donations..... thanks but I’m not accepting any. Just happy to help. Cheers

#2 78 days ago

Hi everyone - I've received a ton of PM's so thought the best way to respond would be this thread

Just know I'm reading all of your PM's and will respond when I have it ready.

#3 77 days ago

Video and music updated. Now includes the TMNT original intro (video).

Video below! TMNT Theme and audio during game over has been tweaked so it's 100% in sync - original was a little ahead. All good!

EDIT - it's time.

#4 75 days ago

FYI - new custom release for pro was just issued (bug fix, added some more music). I realized there is an april video that must stay in otherwise game resets. To get around, I put a nicer version of april right into the video, which is a quick video but I just can't stand seeing her.

Also - LE version is being worked on as well (for FULL music replacement). More to come. PM if interested in either. No donations or $$ - although I appreciate the offers as I still am receiving them!

Thanks!

#5 72 days ago

Hi delt. Def interested once you complete the premium/LE version. I’ve never done this before, so I was hoping you could assist me with a few questions. Will this sd card work? amazon.com link »

Also, I’m guessing we get a file from you that we will put on this sd card, which will eventually be plugged into one of the back box area connections? Last question would be does this have to be done every time there is a code update? Thanks for your patience and hard work. Really like what you did with the audio!

#6 72 days ago

Awesome! Love it.

#7 72 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Video and music updated. Now includes the TMNT original intro (video).
Video below! TMNT Theme and audio during game over has been tweaked so it's 100% in sync - original was a little ahead. All good!

EDIT - it's time.

That's nothing short of amazing. Brings back a lot of memories. Well done!

#8 72 days ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Hi delt. Def interested once you complete the premium/LE version. I’ve never done this before, so I was hoping you could assist me with a few questions. Will this sd card work? amazon.com link »
Also, I’m guessing we get a file from you that we will put on this sd card, which will eventually be plugged into one of the back box area connections? Last question would be does this have to be done every time there is a code update? Thanks for your patience and hard work. Really like what you did with the audio!

This is the card I suggest

amazon.com link »

To install you put my custom image I provide onto that as card then replace the card behind your backbox.

Yes each code update requires me to update code. Considering the code is so far along, I'm not sure I'll update unless improvement is significant

#9 72 days ago

Updated LE with custom music is ready to go! Added in custom music from pro.

I can’t test since I won pro so LE owners lmk if you have any issues.

#10 72 days ago

Will be installing on my LE later today

#11 71 days ago

put this on an SD card this afternoon. Didn't take long to get it copied over (Stern says up to 45 min .... it took maybe 2 min). Switch it out, done. Takes a few min to boot up but its 100% working

I think the best change is the music at the bonus total (easy to hear hitting both flippers to skip to the end). perfect place for that.

Of course, the Ninja Rap song is appropriate since my game room is the Ice Ice Arcade (bathroom is decorated in all V Ice ....kind of a joke when I built the garage/game room but its now is the official name)

The attract screen with the old cartoon intro and original music is perfect

Everything makes it sound more classic 80's and it will be hard to switch back to the original if there's an update

The one and only real complaint I have is the high score enter music ... its not very loud and not very good quality. I actually liked the original software song better

To me, this is a must have. I kept the original SD card so its an easy swap back if needed

A big thank you to delt31 for doing this!
Vice5 (resized).jpgice1 (resized).jpgiceice1trophy (resized).jpeg

vice3 (resized).jpg
#12 70 days ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

put this on an SD card this afternoon. Didn't take long to get it copied over (Stern says up to 45 min .... it took maybe 2 min). Switch it out, done. Takes a few min to boot up but its 100% working
I think the best change is the music at the bonus total (easy to hear hitting both flippers to skip to the end). perfect place for that.
Of course, the Ninja Rap song is appropriate since my game room is the Ice Ice Arcade (bathroom is decorated in all V Ice ....kind of a joke when I built the garage/game room but its now is the official name)
The attract screen with the old cartoon intro and original music is perfect
Everything makes it sound more classic 80's and it will be hard to switch back to the original if there's an update
The one and only real complaint I have is the high score enter music ... its not very loud and not very good quality. I actually liked the original software song better
To me, this is a must have. I kept the original SD card so its an easy swap back if needed
A big thank you to delt31 for doing this!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Appreciate the feedback. High score is from tmnt turtles in time. I could also put the go Ninja from vanilla. For now open to more suggestions. I kind of like it bc it reminds me of playing the arcade.

#13 70 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate the feedback. High score is from tmnt turtles in time. I could also put the go Ninja from vanilla. For now open to more suggestions. I kind of like it bc it reminds me of playing the arcade.

Installed in my LE

Very Clever !!

Too bad couldn’t rip movie audio with splinter when he introduces the turtles for your player select

I heard some sounds from the NES TMNT game if I’m not mistaken

But for some reason the theme / ninja rap is lower then other volumes

Also the speakers crackle in ninja rap

They both get lost in the games sounds during the MBs

Overall very happy

Amazing efforts

#14 69 days ago

Thanks. Volume for those two tend to get drown out by all the effects but if other LE think too low I can increase volume and update.

Yes two nes tmnt songs are in.

Btw LE owners are seeing the tmnt video of the original cartoon opening theme in the attract modes and end of the game right? Sorry can't test

1 week later
#15 62 days ago

Thanks to delt31, amazing job,
tested today, lots of retro music and more,!

I hope you will continue with code updates !

#16 62 days ago

Still waiting on my premium. Does this include the 1.11 code update or was this built for 1.10?

#17 62 days ago

hey guys - I need to make a few tweaks to the prem/le based on feedback (as I can't test since i don't own). Pro is perfect.

I'm waiting to update as apparently a new code will drop soon which will likely be good enough to redo the custom mix. I'll see but the add a new player bug is rather annoying.

No eta on release as work has been really busy but I will keep this train going.

Also - appreciate all the great feedback!

#18 61 days ago

To avoid future PMs asking the same question....

Yes I do plan on updating my custom code to work with Stern's latest release. No date but it will be done. Work's just in the way ; )

I will update this thread when that happens.

#19 57 days ago

Pro being worked on right now. Should have it ready by EOD. LE prem might be next week FYI.

#20 57 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pro being worked on right now. Should have it ready by EOD. LE prem might be next week FYI.

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

#21 57 days ago

Pro version is ready for 1.21! PM if interested.

I’ll prob do LE/prem today too since it’s quicker when I remember what goes in the pro (less april videos).

No donations - just a reminder. Thanks!

#22 57 days ago

Awesome

Looking forward to it

Just lmk if you require a tester and I can report back anything if you require

#23 57 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Awesome
Looking forward to it
Just lmk if you require a tester and I can report back anything if you require

Yes I will need a tester for LE and Prem...thanks

I fixed that Ralph call out btw

#24 57 days ago

Prem and LE 1.21 code is ready! PM if interested.

#25 57 days ago

Guys just a reminder when you reach out, lmk what version you want as I’m getting requests but no version tagged.

You also need a sd card and follow the instructions per stern’s website to install. See 1st post on this thread for link

#26 56 days ago

Guys just another reminder as I’m getting a lot of requests but without the version you need. Please send the version you need when asking. Thanks!

#27 56 days ago

LE/Prem owners - can you let me know if you're having problems via PM? I will hold off on sharing Prem or LE until I confirm with many since I cant test this myself.

Pro is rock and rolling - been perfect all weekend!

#28 51 days ago

FYI

For those that love Davy’s awesome TMNT 1987 mix (with video clips - see thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips), I’ve merged my music mix with his and have it available. PM if interested.

PRO ONLY.

Thanks!

#29 51 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

FYI
For those that love Davy’s awesome TMNT 1987 mix (with video clips - see thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips), I’ve merged my music mix with his and have it available. PM if interested.
PRO ONLY.
Thanks!

That is a hell of a collaboration. Great job to you both!

#30 50 days ago

Prem/LE version with Dave’s video and my music is available. PM if interested!

1 week later
#31 38 days ago

Anyone using this with a pinwoofer setup?

I can’t get a sound I’m happy with, probably because these custom tracks were all mastered differently.

Bass that sounds great with one song makes another sound terrible.

#32 38 days ago

delt31 the second baxter mode seems very quite compared to the other modes. I’m loving this mix though!

#33 38 days ago

For these custom video mixes do the sounds associated with the video clips get played as well? Like in JP and raptor tri ball, does it play the sounds from that scene from the movie or just the video?

Thanks!

#34 37 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For these custom video mixes do the sounds associated with the video clips get played as well? Like in JP and raptor tri ball, does it play the sounds from that scene from the movie or just the video?
Thanks!

The original videos themselves do not have any audio associated with them. So when I put in the animations from the show, I did not include the audio. Otherwise, you would be hearing clips from the show on top of the sounds from the pinball machine. Also, the clips from the show don't always have audio that lines up well. It's kind of hard to explain, but check out the demo video to see what I mean: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#35 33 days ago

I can’t be the only one hitting refresh on this sub with new code 1.22 out now.

#36 33 days ago

Pinbrowser doesn't work with new code. I will update once it does

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside