(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 3 years ago

Jack Danger is getting his Thursday so expect a Pro stream on Deadflip this week.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Software control. Using the same bidirectional motor they can limit the rotation to one direction on the PRO and bidirectional spinning on the LE/Premium, thereby adding a 'feature' to the more expensive models.

Same part number even. They were too lazy to even create a fake part number.

This is the same as removing the 2nd Lair switch from the Pro to create feature differences.

Edit: Well I guess the fact it's the same motor is worse as they created more work to do two different versions of software just to punish customers.

#48 3 years ago

So a Pro got delivered and setup in Belgium and I asked what version code it has and he said 1.0.

Congrats To Dwight and Stern.

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has anyone seen the Stern Insider All-Access TMNT behind the scenes pictures? I really enjoy those types of behind the scenes pinball stuff, but not sure I want to spend the money to get "All-Access" if there are only like 2 whitewood pictures and a single sketch or something.

I would say it is interesting but not worth spending money on. You nailed it with 2 white wood pics and a sketch.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I wonder if much has changed since the Deadflip reveal streams.

Good question but we will find out tomorrow when he gets his in the studio.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

He mentioned on stream yesterday that he's receiving tomorrow but streaming on Friday to give some other charity streams Thursday for reveals.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up. Just another day.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Crazy what you get with the pro vs LE price difference. 9k+ for LE and pro sub 6? 3k+ difference is nuts.
I know you can say the same thing for other stern games but this one is diff b/c they packed the pro more than I've seen in some time.

I'm buying the Pro and I don't think it is "packed". For example it has the same exact spinning disc mech but they removed the software to spin both directions because they want the Prem/Le to have more. I would argue the Premium/LE has less than usual and this Pro is about the same as the last several.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also like the added code Dwight has for the prem with the glider and lair and bidirectional disc. Prem has my eye on this one.

Pro should have bidirectional disc but didn't want to pack too much value in there. Why add to the Premium/LE when you can remove code from the Pro. Smart business move to be anti-consumer.

#117 3 years ago

Here I have compiled all the mechanical differences between the Pro and LE spinning disc.

Differences:
Zero

I guess it is possible I'm missing something they didn't include in the manual or if we are all lucky they could "enable" both directions with a topper or purchasable DLC.

tmnt disc (resized).pngtmnt disc (resized).png
#141 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pro - motor is driven by a solenoid drive on the node board directly (page 12 of the PRO manual). PRE/LE - motor has a separate bidirectional motor controller driven by the node board lamp drives. (PRE manual, page 34).

Good work, it's interesting it would be so complicated as DC motors can change directions easily by inverting the polarity of the applied voltage.

I really don't care about the motor spinning both directions but it's good to know it's not an option later on.

#198 3 years ago

It's not being negative to ask more from manufacturers. Obviously the answer is yes but how much more for what's most likely an inexpensive board.

$6100 isn't enough yet I guess.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Who do you get your pins from? Hoping to get an email today from my distrib (CDC in Omaha). Also waiting on an LE.

Sometimes the size or location of the distributor affects the timing but really just go with a distributor you're comfortable dealing with as it really matters if you need help with warranty.

The only distributor I've used in Nebraska is Greg with Pinball Pro in Oakland. I'm not even aware about CDC or their reputation. I ordered my TMNT from Operation Pinball in Iowa based on a few friends suggestions but my other friend ordered from pinballs.com and is loving his experience.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Been a pinball fan my whole life but it was Deadflip (from Twitch) who finally convinced me to start my collection (well that and moving into a house where I could actually have room for them!). It's amazing how many people I've met here where the pinball/esports worlds collide! Thanks for being so welcoming! NOW IF MY TMNT LE WOULD JUST GET HERE!

Also apparently a Dwight Sullivan fan with that collection.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Oh 100%, I've purchased from Greg @ Pinball Pro and Jerry from GAD, to be honest everyone I've met in NE has been super awesome to work with. Thanks for the insight though. Are you also in NE?

Sioux Falls, very close and there are a couple other Pinsiders from here like @pickleric.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

A pro on the resale market already lol.

It's a bar that can't open now. I feel bad for them as I remember them selling a lot of pins in March and hoped it wasn't to stay afloat.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

light show is way better

I’m glad you’re excited but the Pro has the same light show.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pro lighting and LE lighting is the same on TMNT?

Yes, they are the same on the matrix for controlled and GI RGB LEDs for all three models.

5F64CB85-D36E-4B6C-821C-A0885E71639C (resized).jpeg5F64CB85-D36E-4B6C-821C-A0885E71639C (resized).jpeg

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

so if everyone in here were billionaires, there would be some of you that would still buy the pro strictly based on value?

Yes, I have the ability to buy the LE currently but it doesn't seem like a very good value to me.

Some people prefer the Pro to Prem/LE on many models. Just research TWD or GOT.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone knows what pitch angle the game is designed for?

Manual said 6.5 degrees recommended.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

It's all opinion. To me the ball stopper on the pro is an eyesore. The glider is great.
The turtle van multiball where the side of the van opens up is freakin awesome and a must have. Plus Krang and the mutli directional pizza spinner add some extra depth.
As well as (imo) the back glass having better art.
But to each their own. I'm just glad the game seems to play well and people are buying it. TMNT lives on!

I am confused when people say which one is obviously better but then don't list actual differences. What depth do you think Krang is adding? The Krang loop and combos are on the Pro. It is missing a toy that bobs up and down.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

Of course, I go to order one and they are sold out. Anyone know if Stern replenishes their shaker motor stock in a timely manner?

You can buy them from anyone.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

is it wierd that Im just as excited to see the difference HD glass makes on pins as I am to get my TMNT? Sounds like folks here say Im going to have to upgrade my other Pins after seeing it.

Half my pins have Invisiglass and I've already resigned to the fact I will be buying more.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the lights are on in my basement when I play. You can definitely tell, but unless I buy another LE, I’ll never buy a sheet of this glass. Way too expensive.
For instance. You would think if it’s so good with glare that it would completely eliminate the glare from speaker lights. Doesn’t even come close.

No but it's a huge improvement and the only mod you can easily move from pin and keep when you sell. It's easier to move to another pin that a cup holder.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Didn’t think of aiming for Splinter . Gonna try that.
Found a little success from left flipper trapped, subtle flip to get ball moving. And then flip ball backwards into lair, holding flipper open. No need to flipper release as ball generally doesn’t reject .

Yeah, @deadfilp was pretty easily backflipping in the Lair on every stream I saw.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d also like to know this been watching a lot of streams and I’m kinda liking the pro more, mainly the stopper instead of the diverter seems to give you a little break from the lightening speed of the game.

The diverter also stops the ball and the software sometimes locks you out from changing it and moves the diverter for you. Overall the diverter doesn't blow me away. It is cool but the learning curve and speed of the game makes it hard to determine how cool.

I do not like Donatello as the instant Multiball seems like a negative because you get no points in MB. Also, his skill shot is the center ramp which is crazy compared to the van for Michelangelo.

I guess I just think the turtles and training need some balancing based on the difficulty of the ask.

Love the game but I think overall it needs some balance in scoring, rewards for dificulty, and maybe a risk/reward for the MBs.

#943 3 years ago

I found some of these that I think look amazing! For $2.99 found here https://geek.wish.com/product/tmnt-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-keychain-key-ring-583879e1e9b293417fffa5a0?hide_login_modal=true&share=web [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am not sure why so many people use keys for home use only pins. Just get these and it will make your life easier:

https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

I just noticed the right slingshot is firing every few seconds even when the ball is in the shooter lane. Is that an easy fix just by separating the connectors more? Thanks

Yes, I would suggest getting a leaf adjuster.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#1051 3 years ago

Could it because of covid and limited staff? Or is this a pretty common thing with Stern?

QC issues are very common at Stern. Everyone accepts you will have to fix something on your NIB Stern. It's part of the experience.

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sprayway spray can or Sparkle pink/purple pump (but not green). Nothing with ammonia (like windex) as it will degrade the anti-glare coating.
Sprayway is available at Target and Walmart. I like it best, but sparkle is very good, too.

+1 for Sprayway but Sparkle is fine.

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok, so few comparisons have been made between this and Tron. Anybody own both? Thoughts on which you prefer?

I don't own a Tron but have played it a lot and they are the same but different.

Tron is simpler and more straight forward but the one thing I like more is the horseshoe to the upper flipper. I like that staging shot much more than the left orbit hitting a post and coming back down on TMNT. I kind of hate the pops location on Tron though as I just don't enjoy shooting through pop bumpers.

You can also include X-Men in the comparison, as it's the same design flipped with some changes.

None of these three games feel even remotely similar and will just be personal preference but I believe TMNT will be the better "package" with deeper rules and Tron will be simple, fast, and brutal. It's like comparing Iron Man and Metallica. Both are great and it's just personal preference.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Can’t you hit the center shot under the van and it stages it in a similar way to tron? I had a friend tell me that’s how that shot acts when it’s not lit for lock or mode stuff.

Yes but you wouldn't necessarily always want to as it is also the shot for starting multiball and it feels a little more stop and go then Tron or Congo. I guess I just personally like that type of shot.

Shadow does this during multiball too by emptying the sanctum lock out the side to shoot loops for jackpots similar to the Van in TMNT. I like the implementation in TMNT quite a bit but just love a horseshoe to upper flipper for some reason.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

TMNT feeds the flipper shot in three ways... the Van lock, the orbit and the ramp drop off.
Problem is the orbit is blocked by the post more often than not.. so much so that often when it does let it go by during a plunge for instance.. you aren't expecting it and aren't ready.
The ramp drop makes the feed inconsistent... I really wish that drop was in the orbit at the back, not down into the feed.
The van lock is the only one that feeds like the quora shot in TRON. It will either release balls if the lock is full, or can pass the back through pretty quick when the van isn't lit.
The way the game feeds the upper flipper is one of my gripes with the game. Honestly the most reliable way is to shoot the left orbit and let the post stop the ball and it feeds back down to the flipper.

Agreed and all good points. I haven't played a Pro yet but I am hoping the plunge not going up on the ramp makes the Center Ramp more easily hit as the ball shouldn't be hopping across the playfield.

I don't know if enough people have played both to comment.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

We are currently having an issue with our Turtles. Every 10 seconds the back half (prob 30%) of the playfield goes black and seems to cycle thru all the lights. Anyone else encounter this. Pulled the playfield up to see if any loose connections but don't see any. I can post a video of what it is doing if that will help.

Most of these issues can be solved by reseating the LED node board associated with those lights. In this case I would just reseat all the node boards and see it that does it because I don't know which one it would be.

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Can we get a topper already?!!! Does anyone know if toppers usually take a while to be released? Trying to pimp this pro model out. Mirror side blades look amazing on this game by the way., much better than the cheesy stern art blades. If stern would of had Zombie Yeti do the side blades just as good as the rest of the artwork, it would have been an easy sell.
[quoted image]

I much prefer the art blades now as they continue the look of the game and are less likely to get scratched over time.

That’s what’s good about having choices. There’s something for everyone.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love that in JP. Glad they adopted same idea in Turtles

I think this was in GB first?

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wondering how good my new hi score of 30.5 m is.(1.04 code). How is everyone doing out there?

I’m guess old scores would be higher as bonus and pizza eating went down. You would get 3.2M just for eating pizza.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So updated to 1.10.. sound is a bit messed up . I changed to 8ohms much better .. sound effects seem to loud or music too low . I will adjust .
I was able to slap the old theme in, quality is not quite as good . If anyone has a high quality version please PM me

There might not be a high resolution version available or at least I would be surprised. The original show was was mastered on video tape and has never been remastered as I believe even the DVD was just a transfer. It could be why Nickelodeon decided to re-record the song entirely.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A lot of us are having the ball fly off the left habitrail, and I'll eventually have this mod available that fixes the issue. Had only posted it in the mod thread thus far: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work integrating a functional mod into the ascetic. Great idea and execution.

#1375 3 years ago

Yeah, all these Pros are now being sent overseas and anyone who doesn’t have theirs yet got bumped to August. I guess this means Premiums are a still a ways out.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So...
There's a pandemic
Locations aren't seeing much play
Operators aren't buying much lately
Collectors are losing confidence in Stern
The line was shut down for months
I won't pretend I know Stern's business or be all doom & gloom but I sure wouldn't want all the above factors in my shop.
You can tell a lot of the employees @ Stern love pinball. They probably aren't a fan of what's happening right now. I bet they worry a bit.
TMNT looks cool. I'm still following the game's progress with excitement. But I'm not gonna buy one. No more drama is needed in my life.
Good luck to those moving FW with their order knowing the risk of issues & lack of respectful resolutions.

Every disti I've spoken with is sold out of almost everything and backordered on everything else. Stern can't make enough to meet demand currently. I've been debating cancelling my order but the truth is there is a line of people waiting behind me hoping I do.

#1589 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Most new pins hit #1 it will fall to its appropriate place before long.

I mean if I remember correctly none of these hit the top 10: STh, Munsters, GotG, BKSOR, or Elvira. If it ships with really bad code it will take forever to move up.

If it has decent code with great art and theme then it will start in the Top 10 until a bunch of people rate it 1/10 because they own something else in the Top 10.

Rinse, Repeat.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Stern would only be running at 50% capacity at the moment. Combined with the production they lost being fully closed, and a new release, of course they’ve got a backlog. Doesn’t mean it’s boom times at Stern.

When did I say "business is booming". I said they can't meet demand and won't be able to for a long time. If you cancel your order you are doing nothing to them or your disti. You are not proving a point by trying to make them lose a sale.

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They lost a sale today from me. Distributor mailing my payment back tomorrow. I’d rather me have the money than Stern. Now my JP2 gets voted on. Probably a unpopulated playfield at maximum.

I hope it works out better than that but it does seem to be the best case scenario.

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

The left outlane can be a bear. Same setup as guardians as far as I can tell however you can at least see this outlane unlike guardians. I agree it’s a harder game in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, it gets more and more fun. The multiballs are pretty achievable early especially if you pick certain turtles. I actually struggle most with the right ramp. Feels very late on my machine. I ordered a digital level that comes in today to make sure I have my machine setup right.

GotG and TMNT have the same but different left outlane setups. TMNT has a post above the metal "M" which helps but is missing the adjustable post in the top left of the outlane. I'm fine with it as long as I can figure out how to not have the lair empty into the outlane.

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If you are having issues with the lair put a ball save timer on just so you don’t lose your ball
[quoted image]

Woah, I haven't received mine yet to dig around and didn't know this was in the settings. Thanks a lot as I might turn this on to eliminate the feel bads.

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can anyone tell me how to relight April after collecting it ?

I'm pretty sure it won't relight until you start an episode.

#1804 3 years ago

Pinman502 The guide rail eating into the playfield has been an issue for lots of games. Cliffy makes a nub to protect it on LotR and Deadpool. I am surprised Stern isn’t putting a washer between the rail and playfield as that is a fix people use as well.

Sorry to see your issues and I hope Stern gets back to you.

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If people are so enamored with AFM, then why do these same people blast ST that is basically an updated AFM, with much deeper code, by the same designer???

There is a simple answer, AFM is much better than STh. I think STh is fun but it has a lot of mechanical issues and everything about it from sound to layout is worse. STh isn't even the best AFM clone as Spiderman and many others are better in my opinion.

I also think AFM is still beloved because of the humor. MM and AFM are both very charming with more personality than most modern pins.

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Have you played an le or premium? I don’t feel it blocks my view on my LE. It’s not that big or blocky and the spot it’s at your not really missing anything for the area it does block

It kind of blocks the Episode insert and I don't like that either. I mean the Episode insert is 20% of the size of the Ninja Pizza Parlor insert for some reason and that doesn't help.

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

3) Is there a way as Donatello to get a mode before starting Turtle Power MB?

A friend pointed out to me all you need to do is get into 123 foot and that will allow you to start an episode but not the multiball.

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So apart from the diverter, the only other gameplay difference between the pro and PreLe is the ball lock?

LE has an extra switch in the lair and it can hold a ball during Multiball.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The purpose of having 8 balls is staging 3 balls in the van for immediate release after the 4th is locked. It's not about having an 8 ball multiball.
Rob

Ninja Pizza Multiball is up to 8 balls on the LE and only 6 on the Pro. That's a feature Stern is trying to sell as a reason to upgrade.

#2193 3 years ago

Just unboxed and setup an 8/5 build and everything looks great and the art is perfect. Also, there is art and a washer under the Lair post.

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seems like the LE owners are getting the better art printing...

My Pro looks great.

5A61D1C5-80F5-41A1-9F4F-306EEE9F08BD (resized).jpeg5A61D1C5-80F5-41A1-9F4F-306EEE9F08BD (resized).jpeg
#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Does yours have art under the star post?

Yes, dated 08/05. It lends credence to the idea there are two manufacturers with a different process.

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

That makes sense. My pro is due Sept. I hope they have sorted it out for following runs.

I don’t think it makes sense. Mine was assembled 8/5 and has great art. That would mean it was an original PF from months ago that was just now used. I think they are making some in house and some are being made by a 3rd party.

Crazy speculation would be they print ones in house which let them make changes immediately but at a lower quality. 3rd party takes longer to change or they have to meet an ordered amount.

#2332 3 years ago

If you guys haven't changed the setting for LANE CHANGE BATTLE AGAIN then you should. It feels much better to change the ball save with the flipper buttons than to have the sling change it off the slide it immediately rockets out through (nice ball save).

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I didn't even know you could change it! I love changing the ball save by flipper on my TNA. Such a great feature.

This should default to On as it feels great to change the save and feels awful to have the sling change it to the other side when it flies out.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Really debating between a premium vs pro on this title. Van is really cool, but pro seems to offer plenty for a couple thousand less. It’s a dream theme, but Is code deep enough for a 5 pin collection? Seems like it’s been easier for guys to beat the game already.
Going between this and jp2, sw premium, or wait for gnr. Thoughts?

Mine doesn’t play easier. I am a decent player who’s been to the Wizard mode on almost every game I’ve owned. I think I must setup my pins more challenging than everyone here because I haven’t gotten to the Wizard mode yet in several hundred plays.

My high score on 1.11 is 45M and I only got to Team Up. That said I’m trying to train up and do April Hurry UPs.

I want to know if anyone has seen Cowabunga because that actually seems impossible.

#2439 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:have we come up with a consensus yet on ideal pitch for the game? Where the bubble should be? Ive tried all over the place and cant seem to find an ideal setup so I can hit each ramp(including center) with consistency. Also the left and right ramps seem to be sdtm drain monsters if you dont get all the way up...
Whats everyone have theirs setup as?

With a digital level mine is about 6.6 also and I can backhand the left ramp. The game still plays crazy fast and I'm going to leave it because every time I change it even a little I can't hit the center ramp anymore.

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

You are probably right about me overplaying it, thanks for the input! I will give it more time, thats also why i did not rated the game until now, I need more time with it and I'm in hope for a essential code update- also with the sound issue I'm having. About the difficulty, it took me longer on JP and DP to reach the wizard modes thats right, but it also was satisfying and rewarding to get there. What i am talking about is the punishment and little to no influence you have on it at TMNT. This also makes most side modes not worth it. Watch deadflip streams, thats exactly how i get beaten up too.
So you are saying the shots feel satisfying and rewarding to you?

Shots feel amazing. As for the rules and Wizard mode I would say it’s similar to something more like TNG. You can get there “easier” if you just time out modes and only work on progression. That’s not going to work to get Cowabunga though and I would say that’s the real Wizard mode.

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes but early code. I thought it was pretty fun and would put it closer to #30, which is a phenomenal ranking by the way. Would love to play a premium.

The top 100 is an interesting failed experiment and trying to put things in at a specific number are impossible. Elvira HOH is currently #6, Wonka #14, Rick and Morty #18, and Ghostbusters is still #35. I only like seeing TMNT at #1 so everyone can lose their minds.

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I thought about doing that on MY Star Wars as well but ended up not doing it. I even bought the post but never installed.

I wouldn't use that but I'm curious. Are you thinking about replacing the thin post and covering the art? It would look strange but I guess it would do the trick.

Annotation 2020-08-18 165432 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-08-18 165432 (resized).png
#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wierd, mine is a large thick post that covers the entire non art area. I think you have the wrong post? That outlane is massive!

Hahaha, I was wrong. I used the stock photo off Sterns site. Mine is a star post with art and a washer.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah dude that left outlane should have a star post.

It’s literally from Sterns website. I just took the image from there not thinking about it. It’s funny to think the original prototypes were harder.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Super helpful! Thank you!

Stern sets the default shooter eject power at "destroy my shooter lane". It's the first thing I do every new Stern and check after updating.

#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I agree scoring seems extremely low.
Also, the pizza mech is trash. Shouldn't have to oil that thing fresh out the box. You can't tell me the white wood and all the pre release testing didn't reveal how noisy and clunky that mech is. It is what I would expect on a Chinese knockoff.

Every spinning disc in JJPOTC I’ve heard is louder than the one in my TMNT.

It’s pinball, it’s going to come broken in the box from every manufacturer.

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Which setting is this exactly in the service menus? I found one that I thought was it, and it was set to a number (260 I believe), what did you end up setting it at? Or am I looking at the wrong setting?

I’ll find it and get you a number when I get home if no one gets one to you by then.

#2802 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How do you collect pizza toppings?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the pizza slice standup next to the pizza parlor gives you the next topping in the top right of the LCD.

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

That makes sense, I thought it was related to the pops somehow but must have been getting a bounce of the target. Is there a list of toppings and what they do?

Tilt Forums had the answer and I was wrong on a couple things: (It also answers how to relight the locks)

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet-early-wip/6599

Locking Balls and Locking Toppings
Lock 3 balls by shooting the Ninja Parlor saucer shot to start a 3+ ball MB; after playing this Multiball once, you’ll have to collect five pizza toppings to light the three locks again. The pizza toppings you collect (upper R corner of display) alter the rules of the MB. Each time you lock a ball, it locks in your pizza toppings from right to left on the display: Lock 1 locks in first two toppings. Lock 2 locks in next two toppings. Lock 3 locks in your 5th topping. Unlocked toppings have a green border around them, and will change each time you shoot a lit pizza standup, with toppings cycling from left to right. The next three toppings that will cycle into your set of 5 are shown to the left in smaller icons. The pop bumpers will change the next available three pizza toppings, but not alter your set of 5.

Pizza Topping Descriptions
Depending on which 5 pizza toppings the player has (you can collect multiples of different toppings will count toward 2+ of your 5 toppings), different perks will affect NPMB scoring and features:

Anchovies: Slices Eaten + 10K
Octopus: Start Pizza Frenzy (all switches score a base value of 3k, increasing by 1k for every 10 switch hits. This can be big with 2x scoring)
Peanut Butter: +1 Slices Eaten
Pepperoni: Jackpots + 100K
Fudge: +1 Foot Kills
Sausages: +50K Per Foot Kill
Gummy Bears: +1 Ball
Ice Cream: Jackpot Starts Lit
Pineapple: Parlor Spots +1 Foot
Marshmallows: Unlimited Jackpots
Chili Peppers: Super Starts Lit
Mushrooms: Lair?? is a Time Lock (Prem/LE only)

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep, did this as well. As it is though, you cannot do the skill shot on the pro if you want to select your turtle. It needs fixing.
Overall it’s a silly mechanic to launch a ball with the action button. Why when you have a perfectly good plunger? Makes no sense. Action button should be for selection and well... actions!

I can do the skill shot I just move to the right of the turtle I want then press and hold the button to move to the turtle I want. Is this the problem you are talking about?

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here is a quick tutorial on how I shoot the "LAIR" shot on TMNT successfully.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetGlamorousAlpacaBudBlast

Yeah, I backflip the scoop on GotG as well. The staged switch on TMNT makes it a little harder for me because you need to release the button entirely for a millisecond to backflip it.

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm still trying to figure out what you guys are even talking about in terms of struggling with...
Switch turtles with flippers... plunge or hit the button
Want the orbit bypass... hold flipper button before plunging
What combination are you trying to do and failing?

It's just like Star Trek and many others. Move to the right of the mode/turtle you want then press and hold the left flipper button. You are now on what you want to choose and it does the alternate launch.

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Does everybody’s pizza have this much movement ? While it’s not spinning. How am I suppose to level the pizza with the playfield when it has this much movement ?
I can’t add video to this thread, had to upload to YouTube. Is that normal ?

Mine does not have that much movement. Check the all the mechanism screws and even the small set screw.

#3168 3 years ago

I don't have airballs but I'd like to order a a cover anyway. Does someone have or make one in America?

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just curious. At what point does stern make plastics to fix these sorts of issues?

I'm sure someone will remember more but the only thing that immediately pops in there for me is the GotG orb protector service bulletin. I don't think ramp covers are usually done.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the time, or just after playing for about 20-30 minutes? It takes about 20-30 minutes for TMNT to have coil temps that cause minor fade which can result in bricked or missed shots or incomplete ramps (especially backhands), mostly on the left coil on the one I have. If you do okay initially and then start having problems later in a session, it may be mild fade.

I've had mine at 6.6 and 6.7 but returned it back to 6.5 because I can backhand the left ramp after some coil fade. It's a steep ramp and I like being able to backhand it.

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

I hope not, TMNT and Avengers look to be completely different style of playfields, so I'm sure lots of folks will own both pins. The wireform in Avengers looks absolutely incredible, but in my opinion the theme does nothing for me. At this point I just want to be better at TMNT haha!

Everything in Avengers looks far away from the flippers and there isn't much to create side to side action. I suspect this game might be easier like IMDN but definitely easier than TMNT.

Edit: Looking at Avengers side by side with JP the shot locations appear slightly similar. It may be a slightly easier JP2.

pins (resized).pngpins (resized).png

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I am sure AIQ will smoke TMNT in any aspect, just ordered my Premium.

Hahaha, your hatred for the difficulty of TMNT has been greatly documented and that is acceptable. I expect Avengers to be a bit easier. We won't know until we know but I feel pretty good about that guess.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Totally wanted a tmnt until I had playfield issues with my JP premium with radio silence from my distributor. I heard they now changed how the games are manufactured by not having ball guides touch playfield and prevent pooling.

They discovered washers?

#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Got my Premium TMNT Wednesday! So proud of what the team did on this... Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

You killed it as always. It's a really fun pin and gets easier with a lot of plays. I've seen your Deadpool scores so I think you'll do fine.

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I highly recommend changing Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes" to make battle again more useful/effective and Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2" so you don't get screwed by a moon-walking ball out of the LAIR lane.
Oh and I'd also recommend telling Dwight to allow Battle Again to carry over between balls when you drain without using it!

Lane Change Ball Save is the best adjustment I found and should be default. @xaqery, is there a reason you have it default to slings?

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper it moves ! Like r2
[quoted image]

Looks nice, too bad it will probably be $1000 and I won't buy it on principle. It is odd they chose to put the logo 2 inches above the logo on the Translite. Why do you need a second smaller logo slightly higher than the one you can already read?

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I hope that topper isnt 1K. Id be in if its closer to the BKSOR topper price. There are not worth 1K for what they all do in my opinion.

If Elvira is 1000 and R2D2 was 800 then I don't think it's a stretch to assume this will be high.

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This. I dont get alot of airballs but occasionally from the ramp and from the 2x target under the glider. I am going to go ahead and replace all three with the angled brackets. They worked fantastic on GB

Where are you guys ordering them? I haven’t found them yet and I want to order some for Star Trek.

Thanks

#3437 3 years ago

Thanks and you are not kidding about pricey. $20 per angle bracket is up there.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Is anybody else insanely frustrated by this game? I have tried multiple pitches, slingshot strengths, etc, and it doesn’t make a difference. Drain drain drain drain drain. Rocket shots straight out, or bouncing in the outlanes, doesn’t matter. Drain drain drain drain drain. No problem controlling the ball on my Star Wars or Jurassic Park, but this one feels like a joke with how impossible ball control seems. I have put tons of games up, with plenty of time on any given new setting to see if it makes a difference, and can’t seem to find anything fair feeling or consistent. I can’t be the only one...I hope. Are others experiencing this? How are you coping? Is anyone able to actually consistently make improvements on their gameplay when the game’s geometry seems so insanely and aggressively stacked against them?

The game is hard with short ball times but my scores keep improving. You may be changing it so much so you aren't getting comfortable with the speed and shot locations. Maybe try super bands for extra grip or just play coop by yourself until you get more comfortable. It's about having fun and whatever that looks like for you.

The game frustrating me is what keeps me playing because when I lose the ball it's usually something I did wrong.

#3549 3 years ago

edit. post below

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I’m enjoying this game so much, and keeps growing on me the more I play it, I hear people saying it’s a hard game, but I’m starting to get the feeling they are relating it to the low scores. The more I play the better I get at making the shots and tend to have reasonable lengthy games, but I do agree that the scoring would change this game (at least for me) I feel that after having a 15-20 minute game with 35 mil is a bit underwhelming, but if that was 350 mil it would feel much better IMO.
Anyone else of the same idea that the scoring would take this game to another level?

Nope, scoring is all relative. 350M is bad if you’re playing AFM.

2 weeks later
#3969 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is this the first game Stern has used these types of servos? As soon as I saw they were using these back at launch I knew they’d be trouble. I used to own an AMH which used one for the ghost - mine literally burnt out (Like smoke from under the pf) after 50 plays.
Usually they would use a coil or a proper motor for a diverter like this. Never seen them use these cheap Rc car servos. And with the amount of issues let’s hope they don’t use them again.

I owned an ACNC and I thought the same thing. Nothing but trouble and I don't want to ever buy a pin that has servos again.

#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hi guys. Stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer. How and why are the plunges different between the pro and the prem/LE? What does the premium do at ball launch that the pro doesn't? Thanks!

It needs to be able to load balls into the Van for the multiball. So, it launches up onto the ramp.

#4130 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t tried these in years but here’s some:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html
Or these if you like paying $3 a ball haha.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116
PBR might sell them as well.

I still buy a fair amount of PBL and they work great. I also have some Ninja and others but all seem good to me. I just get PBL because I order so much other stuff from them it makes it easy.

#4133 3 years ago

Ah, I have PBL balls in my TMNT Pro and they are fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.