(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 3 years ago

Very excited for you closer folks getting TMNT soon. We don’t get our LE shipment till September, here in Australia. Thanks Dwight and John for another great title from your team!

1 week later
#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

I'm so torn between this and Jurassic Park with Stranger Things in the background niggling at me. What to get....?! I'm pretty average and J-Park looks tough but I loved Maidens rules. Turtles looks super fast and flowy... Argh!

Owning a JPLE myself and friend with STHLE, this is as easy as it gets for a decision, imo. Turtles hands down checks all the boxes over the other 2. JPLE is a fun shooter for sure, but TMNT is more flowing and theme is a great deal more fun imo. With little mechanical ball action in STH: it lacks a kinetic energy both TMNT and JP have in spades.

1 month later
#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Is it just me or does it seem like the medieval madness guys come out in force to keep anything else from being on top but a 30-year-old game I seen a rating of one on turtles that would’ve made it the worst game in history I don’t see how someone could hate it that much

This is exactly what the owners or fanboys of MB, MM, and AFM do to keep these 30 year old relics of the past on top. They are good games no denying, but they had their day in the spotlight many many years ago and now it’s time for the modern games to shine. I’d hate to think in 30 years time the industry hasn’t been able to improve, as these people seem to think. Unfortunately these type people jealously guard their nostalgia feelings for these 3 games in particular so much, when a real top 5 game comes out, they make sure it is pounded down by false score ratings to keep their sacred cows on top. It is why the top 100 is a joke, imo.

For glaring example: Look at how new and innovative the layout, animatronic TRex and such on JP is and yet it is held back to #4 spot because of these old schoolers false ratings, designed to keep the 30 year old much shallower coded games at the top 3 positions!

TMNT should remain the number one position imo, if old schoolers were really honest with themselves. It’s a game that has it all codewise, layout, lighting, sounds/music, with amazing art! Team Stern went all out on this one.

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

You do realise you have used these same tactics in your ratings as well. I notice how you have scored each of these 3 games plus JJP POTC. Although pirates left my collection, it is still worth more than 3 out of 10.
New games are rated too highly by the owners. And then non owners get the shits and rate them down to provide equilibrium. If you want this practice to stop then remove the 10 for turtles that you don’t own and have not even played yet and get rid of the low pirates rating. Because there are pirates owners who are upset by your low rating! (Or probably not)
Sorry don’t mean this as an attack. Just notice that you have posted this same thing multiple times. It ain’t going to happen. People love those three games. Just like you love Munsters. We own mostly modern pins and my wife’s fave is AFM. As for simple, I will never get to RTU. Do I want it as my only pin? No. But a lot of people love them and you can’t tell people what to like.
Be happy dude! It’s all good! The more people covet these older pins is good for you and me, I’m picking up older stern pros like TWD for affordable prices because it’s not one of these top 3. Heaps of choices. Enjoy!

You’re probably right I should change my POTC rating, because I like the game. Just rated it there because of all the PF and sub quality issues at the time. Had friends battling those issues. All good and happy!

Of course my friend, I own the game TMNT. I did not rate it 10, but where I think it should be according to how the false Pinside top 100 antics work.

If people are so enamored with AFM, then why do these same people blast ST that is basically an updated AFM, with much deeper code, by the same designer???

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Man I was one of those people. If our Australian distro hadn't supported me I would have been up shit creek. It was the most temperamental pin. I loved it at the time but overplayed it. 3 or 4 times a day. But it certainly is packed!
Anyway enuff about other pins. I think and hope Turtles will be awesome, really looking forward to it. Still 1-2 weeks away! And I think it will be up there in the top 20. Problem is so many good pins and only 20 slots. If only 50 pins could be in the top 20.
A bit of a pain that this one needs some tweaking to stop problems from happening but this is where pinside shines. I would have a chipped deadpool, a TWD that drains all the time and no idea how to correct issues with the pirates I had without the help of pinside (oh wait TWD still drains all the time )

Okay, maybe I misunderstood your earlier post, so all good.

1 week later
#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Anyone see this before? What is this “dirt” on my playfield and how could it have gotten on it? The balls were cleaned beforehand.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s not dirt, it’s rubber dust/bits from the particles that fall off the black rubber rings and flippers found all over your playfield. That is precisely why I replace all of them with Titan silicon bands before playing my first ball.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

According to one of Vid's tutorials on cleaning a playfield. most of the 'dust' is metal from the coils firing if I remember correctly. 1st vaccuum it, then wipe clean. Hope that's right!

Interesting, because once I’ve changed out the original rubbers to Titans, I’ve never seen any dirt or dust of any kind on the PF. Coil or otherwise and have always thought if there was coil dust, it would be on the underside of the PF, where the coils are actually located.

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Really disappointed to see how far Turtles fell in the rankings.
I expected a fall from #1 given history of new machines on pinside, but I think it is still a few spots higher than where it fell.

Don’t be disappointed as the so called top 100 is a real joke. Old schoolers always make sure their sacred cows stay in the top positions by giving false low ratings to the new and IMO much better modern machines. They can’t bare their old relics of the long ago past, being located below the modern machines. “Pinside Joke 100”, is heavily manipulated by the old schoolers and not to be taken seriously in any degree. TMNT is and should have remained a top seed pinball machine. In a fair unbiased rating system, it would still most likely be there. Lol

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I have no problem sharing my steps if anyone is interested. I marked every single piece removed. It's not a perfect list of steps because I learned what not to remove as well, but it gives an idea to those adding protectors.

Yes please share as we have our PF protector ready to install as soon as our LE arrives. PF protectors are the best mod in our opinion. Keeps the PF looking brand new thousands of games later. Use to not install, but have learned they are the best investment for any machine. Taking off all the items can be interesting and one really learns what it’s all about doing so.

Can you also tell me fixes you made to the lair/guide and such?

3 weeks later
#3570 3 years ago

I realize us Auzzies are late to the pizza party, because of long shipping times from the USA. TMNT is a shooters dream machine, with tons of satisfying shots. Think setup is paramount to making this game shoot well and when done correctly it does exactly that, shoots super well. What great fun and TMNT home of exciting fun pinball moments! Great coding job Dwight @Xavery! And awesome layout John!

#3642 3 years ago

Must admit, was questioning buying TMNT after seeing some say how brutal it is. Thought, well this one won’t last long in my collection, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. It is staying and the concern I had about it being a drain monster or brutal is gone. Don’t consider this game brutal at all. The pizza wheel spinner for example, is smartly programmed and designed to keep the ball from going SDTM. Think correct setup is key with this game to dial it into what John designed it to be. In contrast JP2, I do consider to be somewhat of a tough shooter and can be drain crazy at times.

After playing a bunch of games, can say without a doubt, TMNT is the best playing smoothest machine I’ve ever played! And that’s saying something, since I’ve owned or own various top tier games. Played almost every machine from every manufacturer old and new and TMNT hands down in my opinion hits on every cylinder. This should be a “game of the year” contender, but is a tough year going against AIQ as well. TMNT layout is top notch and there are so many pinball moments. So glad I own this LE machine.

Had fun color matching all Titan silicon to each area of the Playfield too!
058C169E-4FF1-4418-9D07-2EEF833C767B (resized).jpeg058C169E-4FF1-4418-9D07-2EEF833C767B (resized).jpeg26F38644-8616-4CAA-AB21-70DED063E6F2 (resized).jpeg26F38644-8616-4CAA-AB21-70DED063E6F2 (resized).jpeg680D3AC6-EAA6-465E-A288-5062DA25C05F (resized).jpeg680D3AC6-EAA6-465E-A288-5062DA25C05F (resized).jpeg7E908919-84AF-4AD1-89C1-F29D74A8DBBB (resized).jpeg7E908919-84AF-4AD1-89C1-F29D74A8DBBB (resized).jpeg

#3786 3 years ago

The new additional code is quite good and appreciated, however I’m having the same issue as the rest of you since updating. Also, there are a couple additional issues addressed as well. I’ve just sent this PM to @xavery Dwight (since Mr_G_Hosting already wrote out some of the wording, I used it... thanks!):

Hi Dwight,

Thanks for your attentive work to detail on our fab TMNT game coding. However, there is an issue since code was updated with an extra ball loading into the van, 4 since 1.22 instead of 3. Played on code 1.21 for a few weeks and never had this problem, with too many balls loading into the van.

Updated to 1.22 a few hours ago and had the game loading 4 balls in the van when it only should be three.
Noticed it at least once every game.
I’m pretty sure this is software related...and now it happens EVERY game during Turtle Multiball since updating to 1.22 on my LE.
To test I choose Donatello and immediately start TM and every time the software loads 4 Balls in the van and looses track of how many balls are in play.

When I lose my second last ball the multiball keeps running, and when I lose my last ball, multiball ends and ball search starts looking for the ball that’s clearly the fourth one in the van. The diverter+optos work as they should.

Maybe the issue occurs when playing Turtle multiball and draining a ball, when ball save is still running simultaneously with the machine reloading the van??

Another issue since updating is now I hear the up post in the pizza parlor firing randomly, even though there are no balls in the pizza parlor to eject into the lane coming out of the parlor. Please fix that too.

Thanks and appreciate all your hard work to make our TMNT machines even better!

Dwight is the one that will fix this in the code and the obvious and best person to contact, imo.

#3788 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Good on you TBird. Please let us all know if you get a response.

Here is Dwight’s 1st reply:

“I really do not believe that the latest code update could have caused those issues. It really only changed a small handful of stuff that is laid out in the readme. I will look into how the game could load 4 balls into the van. I appreciate the feedback.”

So he’s looking into a fix and will let us know ASAP I’m sure.

Did any of you guys successfully downgrade to 1.21? Where do we download that code, if so?

#3799 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

you can just modify the link on the site and change 1_22 to 1_21 they still have it in the background, but not visible
pro:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
premium:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
LE:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
i don't know how many versions you can go back, i had luck with this method most of the for version before the latest.
On my pro version i downgraded again to the 1987 1.21 code, it did flashed again the node modeboards in this process. Going back again to 1.22 they were flashed again. I had no issues while playing in the downgraded version.

Thanks so much! Will try your links!

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

you can just modify the link on the site and change 1_22 to 1_21 they still have it in the background, but not visible
pro:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
premium:
LE:
i don't know how many versions you can go back, i had luck with this method most of the for version before the latest.
On my pro version i downgraded again to the 1987 1.21 code, it did flashed again the node modeboards in this process. Going back again to 1.22 they were flashed again. I had no issues while playing in the downgraded version.

Are those download links for the 1987 TMNT software 1.21 update?

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

no sorry for the misunderstanding they are the official stern downloads.
When you go on the stern site do the SD-Card download section. You can copy the link and just replace the version number. (maybe in in editor).
This link entered directly entered into a browswer should start the download for old Versions.
They still have the software on the server, but no visible link to it
I just wanted to let you know that downgraded to version 1.21 with the 1987 version and that worked.

Thanks! Also, can I download the 1987 version to a usb stick and flash it directly to a new blank SD card I install in Spike 2 SD card slot? Will that work, since I have new Apple computer, that does not have an SD card slot on it, in order to flash the software.

#3916 3 years ago

Sound comes alive with dual voice coil!

#3918 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the stock Stern cabinet speaker a woofer or a sub-woofer. I always thought it was a woofer.

You’re right: technically Stern’s is a woofer.

2 weeks later
#4180 3 years ago

Great tips from all of you, as we are just now dialing in our TMNT LE and found it best at 6.5 too. Seem to now reliably hit the center ramp shot, but having trouble backhanding left lane from left flipper. Using default flipper settings. Have any of you tried successfully different settings? If so, what works best?

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I am typically a premium guy and went with TMNT Premium, but this certainly seems to be a title where there is a ton of offerings in pro trim as well. Some may argue that the premiums have more problems with Glider and Van Ball Lock options but I am happy to report I have not had any of those issues.
I was lucky and did not have any issues with playfield quality but I haven't read anything recent to know if that is now a thing of the past.
In either trim the game is super fun and has become my favorite pin out of all titles I have owned thus far.

Would agree with it being favorite title of all games played or owned. Think TMNT is highly underrated and is one of the best designed and coded games ever made. Shots are so fun and combos are exhilarating, with tons of kinetic satisfaction. Friends that see it think it is such a loaded playfield. Lights are nice on this one and well done, by guiding ball objectives with blinking lights, but giving a non-confusing light show too. Not a fan of some makers games confusing game play objectives with light shows. A pinball basic rule is clearly knowing when you step up to a machine, “shoot the blinking light”.

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I saw the original post but havent seen someone actually link the part they used for left outlane. Not the siamese post, the bumper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/48#post-5797825

The bumper is just a cupboard door stop and can be purchased at any hardware store.

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Ramps and left outlane kill the game for a lot of people.

Could it be improper setup being the issue? On my machine, I don’t find ramps much of an issue, once you dial in where the shots are on the flippers. Understand the left outlane can be challenging, because it will punish bad shots.

I think ball control is the way to really enjoy turtles layout. Flailing the ball instead of cradling shots will cause bricking and frustration. I go for cradled shots mainly and have less issue with the left outlane drain. Only if I wildly shoot while the ball is flying around at high speed, am I punished by the left outlane drain. As I begin to understand the layout on TMNT, how it should be approached, the game changes from frustrating to nirvana. Do think if TMNT is approached this way, it is a top 10 game imo.

Pretty sure Borg didn’t make the left outlane like he did, to make us all mad and frustrated. Rather, while in a white wood testing stage, would think he found that the layout was too easy and too long playing. Let’s face it, John could have easily located the left outlane post lower to close the gap further if that was better geometry and better game play. But if he would have done that, we’d all be complaining about excessively long ball times, with an unchallenging layout design. Lol

For me, it’s all about mastering a new great layout design, not making it easier to see more on the backbox display. For that I play video games, lol.
But I don’t judge anyone for modding it, because it does play really fast. Who knows, maybe I’ll cave later and try the mods for easier play. Borg should have probably made it adjustable so players can set it to their liking.

#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Can you please provide a list of the Colored titan rubbers you had to order, i was planning on just all green, but matching them with the playfield will look much better
Also do low bounce make games a bit easier ?
whats peoples opinion on low bounce flipper rubbers

Here is my list of Titans I ordered, with colors to match PF areas. (See earlier post with photos)

I haven’t tried the low bounce flipper rings, so can’t give an opinion, but would think low bounce might have more control.
B30DD381-C669-480C-9C0C-25F8C85B143A (resized).jpegB30DD381-C669-480C-9C0C-25F8C85B143A (resized).jpeg

#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I respectfully disagree. Both orbits are tight. Inner ramp and loop are tricky. Right ramp is sort of tight and closer to the flippers than a lot of ramps. Lair is hard for a lot of people until they sharpen their skills.
I’ve played a bit of JP2 and I don’t find the shots that hard.
As to frustrating and cheap, once the left outlane is fixed the game does not have cheap drains. Try TWD.
As to drains when missing shots, WCS, NGG, AFM will all bounce SDTM if you hit a ramp post. These are easy games. They drain. Why is turtles so unfair.
No orbits drain if I rattle them, left ramp fail does not drain, right ramp fail sometimes. Pizza parlour reject always kicks to the left and goes safely to left flipper. Stand ups don’t drain for me. The only shot that I miss that can piss me off besides hitting a ramp post is if I miss with the upper left flipper and go straight down right outlane.
I love the code. And the shots. I get a buzz and sometimes I’m frustrated. But isn’t that why we play for the challenge? I get it that it’s not the hobbit and I can’t have a 1 hour game. But that’s not what I want. I want the fast frenzy of turtles and I don’t mind short games.
You’ve sold your game. Stop coming into the owners club and shitting on our game. All the best dude!

Would agree and like to add my take after really looking this design over and thinking about it. Some people just don’t seem to get the brilliance of this design, as if John Borg a designer for 30+ years, doesn’t know what he’s doing. Lol

TMNT is an asymmetrical PF. It’s not meant to have evenly balanced left and right out-lanes, with evenly balanced drain numbers, like typical fan layouts. It’s not a fan layout, rather its layout is meant to be a game of flow from one shot to another. Example, flow from right ramp to upper right flipper to center ramp, diverted back to right flipper, flowing to the left ramp, to begin an episode.

Think TMNT is being incorrectly maligned as to the left outlane drain, since it was opened up on purpose to create some challenge, without which, challenge would be greatly reduced. It is not a left outlane drain monster as some think, after really studying the layout design. The design is quite unusual and not symmetrical like many fan layout PFs. Study the flow of the table and see that it is not a layout meant to frustrate players, rather a new style layout, that is more appreciated, the more its played. I think in years to come, TMNT will be highly sought after by pinball players as they begin to understand the brilliance in game play design. TMNT has been created by one of the most savvy experienced designers in the world of pinball, John Borg. Think TMNT and Tron are a couple of his best ball flow designs. Tron was not well appreciated at first either, until players began to recognize some of the things I’m mentioning here.

TMNT, even has 2 of its flippers on the left with most shots shooting from left to right. Without being diverted, most balls are returned to the left hand flippers. The diverter helps get the ball to the right flipper or shoot right ramp or right orbit to get it around to the right flipper. The geometry is quite unusual and after studying it out, quite a brilliant design and unlike most any other layout in pinball. You cannot flail the ball around without draining frustration and therefore shots need to be setup by cradling. Speed is a feature of this game, so you’re not just chopping wood, with hitting the ball on the same shot over and over again. The ball actually keeps gaining speed to reach climax and then returns to the flippers.

What do you guys think of the design after thinking about it, not as the typical symmetrical centric design like most PFs, rather being an asymmetrical left hand design?

#4315 3 years ago

Kenada is a real tool, attempting to cause doubt where there is none about TMNT left outlane. It is not a design flaw at all. If someone wants to make it easier, they can close it down with a double post or side rail button. TMNT will stand the test of time as an awesome design, just like a reversed Star Trek has stood the test of time with a similar right centric setup. Wish everyone would stop listening to Kaneda’s nonsense. He purposely slams Stern any chance he gets in subtle ways. The slam on TMNT is one of them. Such a moron. Remember, Kaneda is the same guy that thought a fan layout, was something the fan’s of pinball would like. He knows so little about pinball and is the reason he never talks about pinball play or design. We all need to stop listening to his constant put down of Stern, Spooky and others.

#4317 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm still trying to understand how he's back doing pinball podcasts again. I thought he was done with it all not so long ago.

Lol, totally agree, but we know attention seekers like him will always be back bothering pinball again. He can’t resist and never thought he was going away for good. Was so much better in pinball with the likes of his podcast not airing.

He’s obviously trying to shift the narrative away from GNR with its troubles right now.

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

You might want to try the Titan slim post rubbers instead. I think those look like the standard ones, and I've found that they tend to close off the shots a bit too much. Also, they're tapered and will help with airballs (like the original Stern design).
Although, I've also had a lot of issues with the slim posts getting chewed up quickly where they take a lot of direct hits, so this style may last a lot longer.

Every once in a while turn your titan post rubbers a quarter turn and they’ll last a good long time and not get chewed up.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game is playable. I've been having a blast with it even though the glider is unplugged. So if I were to order that new servo, my only question is how do you know if the servo (the part that spins) is centered correctly before actually connecting it to the glider?

Install the servo motor, then go into diagnostics and make sure glider coil pram (servo) is centered on 188 (factory setting). Then install glider so it’s centered between the two wire forms going north to south. The center adjustment is the only one you can actually make in diagnostics. Since you’ve set it to 188 and centered between the 2 wire forms, all should be good.

#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Still happy to report, ZERO issues with my premium and still one of my favorite games of all time.

Ditto that.

Love the unique shots and combos on this game. The flow is simply amazing once shots are dialed in.

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 - This is true. It should be soonish(tm). But, please remember that plans often change, for lots of reasons.
2 - We found an issue in the software. If your game has a lost ball the van may count the balls wrong.
I think if you have seen this issue its possible that your van opto is intermittent. It may work in test but maybe not while the van diverter is energized because it moves or something. This part I don't know. The code coming soonish(tm) should help with these issues.
3 - I strongly believe that V1.22 did not affect #2. It was in there the whole time. I think it took time/plays for the opto to move a bit or something.
4 - I cant believe that you guys do not think this game should be top 10!? : ---- )

Big thanks Dwight for all your care on our TMNT. And coming in here to keep us informed. That’s really going up and beyond and shows you care.

This game is a top 3 game imo. Really for me, top game of all owned to date. It is only lower in ratings for 3 reasons imo.
1. Those that want to keep a certain few old games highest in the almost meaningless top 100. So TMNT is manipulated with low false ratings to keep it lower.
2. People do not understand geometry and good design of an asymmetrical layout. Many claim they’re tired of fan layouts, but when given something really different like TMNT, they mistakenly think its tougher, rather than learning the different shot locations. Plus the more open left outlane, necessary for a left centric design, which has far less action on the right side. Hence the “perceived unbalanced” left/right outlane draining.
3. Some are not use to making combo shots to complete tasks, i.e. right ramp, then center ramp, may seem more challenging. But once the shot location on the upper left flipper is found, it’s nirvana to hit that combo.

TMNT is definitely a top 3 game, once some time is put into understanding your awesome code and John’s amazing layout. Think TMNT over time will be highly sought after once more people get their head around an asymmetrical design. TMNT has a loaded PF, with lots of fun toys. Name a game that is more pinball interactive loaded than TMNT?

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey Dwight. Thanks for the update. Top 6 here.
If 1.22 didn’t affect the van problem why are premium and Le owners reporting that going back to 1.21 solves the problem?
I can’t test cos I only have a pro. Can premium/ Le owners confirm??

Yes, going back to 1.21 solves the issue. Do not experience the same problem in 1.21 on my LE. Didn’t start until 1.22, with a fourth ball getting stuck from time to time behind the van.

#4491 3 years ago

Big thanks Dwight @xavery for making our TMNT an epic game with such great care and TMNT show theme depth with the code and John for making such an awesome layout and Jeremy’s stellar artwork. So fun to shoot, once shots are dialed in on the flippers. Such a loaded PF with plenty of ramps and toys, with so many things to do and accomplish. Ninja theme is so fun. Agree, it should be game of the year! Definitely a top 10 game: tops imo.

#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Wow cool rod. I hope that thing is sturdy, I imagine its like getting a truck hitch to the shin when you walk by haha, except its not hitting your shin.

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw it and quickly recalled, running around one of our vehicle’s with truck hitch installed on the back, only to suddenly be on the ground in total agony with raspberries and bleeding leg shin. Can’t imagine what the extended Katana handle will do higher up, as we briskly walk by...big ouch! Lol Score one for Shredder!

#4509 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Love the new code, Thanks xaqery
Installed a new shaker motor. It is perfect except when Pizza Multiball starts it goes nuts and rattles the entire machine. I have screwed in the threaded rod as tight as it can go without warping the shaker motor. I switched shaker motors from another machine so its not the motor. Lowered to minimal use...anyone having this issue during Pizza Multiball?

Here is how I toned down my shaker motor, because merely setting to minimal use, does not tone down the shaker motor, it just makes it so it is not used as much in the game software:

Solved the issue and can again enjoy the shaker motor without fear of my motor ruining the game elsewhere.

Removed it from the cabinet: remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.

Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way.

Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.

I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent.

1032C38A-D7EE-4921-B847-8FC557C478DC (resized).jpeg1032C38A-D7EE-4921-B847-8FC557C478DC (resized).jpegAF153104-855E-4FE5-BFD3-38877D0394A4 (resized).jpegAF153104-855E-4FE5-BFD3-38877D0394A4 (resized).jpegDD6D38F1-5A73-413C-8805-3BB1DD6C0EA1 (resized).jpegDD6D38F1-5A73-413C-8805-3BB1DD6C0EA1 (resized).jpeg
#4574 3 years ago

Big thanks Dwight Xaqery for a nice update! It fixed the TMB van issue and makes an even more compelling “push that one more time” start button feeling with Neutrino PP mode added. You just keep making a top ten game even better, with a high tier software package! #1 in my book. TMNT has that pinball fun and exciting game play experience in spades.

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

A third update on the topper. Got another call stating Stern had them priced at $1000 and they have software for another mode like Jurassic Park.

Sure hope the other reports of that $1k price tag are wrong and its, $599. $599 is still a ridiculous price gouge, for $35 worth of plastic & LEDs with a $3 servo. Stern is not doing themselves any favors in the good will department with its customers charging such high prices for toppers. Makes no sense and we need to stop buying if this is actually true, imo. No topper is worth $1,000.00, unless it actually has animatronic speaking heads, with a PS5 bolted to it. Think about it, a Sony PS5 costs $499, half the price of a Stern topper (if $1k is true) and does a ton more! Shame on you Stern for trying to take such advantage of your loyal customers like that.

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Here is the Topper guys...[quoted image]

Nice, but not $1,000.00 dollars nice.

Here is what we get for half that price as a comparison in today’s market place. Could Sony gouge their loyal customers and get more, like Stern is doing to us? Sure they could, as supply is already sold out worldwide, but customer good will would be shot and do no favors for Sony. When are you going to learn Stern??? Will scalpers sell PS5 for more before Christmas? Yes, but that’s no reason to make toppers such a insane price either. Because scalpers will get more for them down the road.

60147EE5-E3F5-46B8-9A50-82E599E8346E (resized).jpeg60147EE5-E3F5-46B8-9A50-82E599E8346E (resized).jpeg

#4587 3 years ago

If that’s Stern’s MRSP, then wow, unbelievable!

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Don't buy from Thunderbird!
Still, too much for a topper. Especially after conversion from USD to CAD. Id pay $500 CAD, like $350USD + tax seems reasonable for what it is.

But I don’t sell them??? (If I did, they’d be $299 and I’d still be making a killing, lol)

#4658 3 years ago

Really wanted the topper, but Stern is big time price gouging and getting away with it. I’m joining all of you that are saying no to $1,000.00 for $40 worth of plastic and LEDs. Until we all say no and let them keep their plastic for these ridiculous scalper prices, they’ll just keep going up. I thought $599 was ridiculous and now they’ve added $400 more to that!?! Crazy times, if this thing sells out. (Seen a distributor claiming sold out, but if you only have 2, that’s easy to sell out.)

#4659 3 years ago

If Mezel Mods can make the Technodrome with a lit up eye for $80 and still make money, it’s unbelievable Stern is charging $1,000.00 for basically the same thing, with 4 pieces of flat plastic turtles and a redundant plastic TMNT logo. LED’s that cost pennies purchased from China in bulk. Stern should feel ashamed for this, trying to take such advantage of us. It is not a good look for the Stern company. Makes one begin to wonder how badly they mark up everything else and I’m a supporter of Stern usually.

A7209DBC-26F6-4968-8895-2F19D6CBE000 (resized).jpegA7209DBC-26F6-4968-8895-2F19D6CBE000 (resized).jpegC2FB9C04-5440-40B2-8167-F0FF234A8E9D (resized).jpegC2FB9C04-5440-40B2-8167-F0FF234A8E9D (resized).jpeg
#4676 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hello folks,
I am a new user to pinside but have read many topics here in the past few weeks. I have the chance to move early next year to a new house, with some spare room left for my first pin
As a total newbie I am a bit afraid of the speed/brutalness of TMNT as well as of this upper left pin shoot/left lane, but I like the fact that this theme is very family friendly (as soon as my kids are old enough: btw when are they old enough for playing a pinball??) + I love the coop & 2vs2 mode to have more fun with friends.
My question: Those Coop and 2vs2 modes are they kind of exclusive to TMNT or does they exist in any other released pin? If it does, which ones please?
Any advice/comments welcome!
Thanks beforehand

TMNT is not a difficult pin imo. It does take a little time to get the shot positions on the flippers. Once you do that, it is quite an easy to moderate game and very family friendly. Best and real only co- op game the way it’s setup out there. TMNT co-op UI type is really a first of its kind and the coder Dwight is quite proud of that fact. His code is quite deep and engaging, so good for HUO.

It’s only fast if you set it up that way. Lower pitch and it’s not that fast. Control the ball by cradling and it’s a moderate shooter. Play a hundred games and you’ll see how easy it becomes. Game of the year imo.

#4696 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Haven’t noticed but I’ve given up on waiting for stern spike 2s to boot. I switch on either TWD or Ngg And play these or go and mow the lawn while I wait.

Loooool!

#4726 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

i have ordered an LE, but was not too fond of the green when i seen it, hope it grows on me, it would have been nice if Stern done the legs a different colour for each turtle, i might try vinyl like that if cost is not silly where i am, or might take the subtle option and just colour the nuts on each leg for each turtle, the good thing with vinyl wrap is you could also get it printed with any design you want, i think purple would look great on premium or pro

Once you get it in your home, the LE green armor with metal fleck is beautiful and right on the money for the TMNT franchise.

#4765 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I finally made it to Final Battle. Made it to phase 3 and I think I almost beat it. Next step is to make it to Cowabunga. All I needed for that was the Triple Mondo Jackpot and the Weapon Hurryup. This game is addicting!

Once shots are learned, it becomes a shooters dream. PF is so loaded with so many interesting shots. Hard to beat the TMNT pinball experience.

#4874 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree the shaker is great and integrated well. I was one of those who felt (and continues to feel) that the Ninja Pizza shaker is out of control and hoping it will either be toned down in next code or easy to disable with moderate use shaker setting. Code 1.23 vs prior code did not list any shaker changes that I saw, and I personally still find it too much so have completely shut off my shaker hoping for a code fix.

I originally thought NPMB shaker was too much, but now like it with code update 1.23 and it does seem the edge has been taken off from prior release.

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. I have tried to convince myself to sell SW with the promise of a comic version "someday", but I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet. Mine just plays so damn good after (very) much tweaking. I've defeated the Emperor quite a few times now so there's really nothing left to do, but I can't quite say I'm done with it yet. Another great, underrated game.

Since pinball is not a video game with an ending and the premise of pinball is all about mastering the machine and scoring, are we really ever done with a machine? It is like saying I’ll never play that golf course again, since I reached the eighteenth hole. Lol Think pinball is a sport not a video game with an ending we reach and never play again.

1 week later
#5029 3 years ago

I like Tron, but TMNT is superior imo. So many interesting shots, which take time to dial in properly, finding them on the flippers. Think TMNT is Borg’s best layout, even though Tron is fun too. Similar to Tron, think TMNT will be a highly sought after game on the secondary market down the road, if not already.

Lair shot: if I think aim for splitter target upper corner, seem to hit it better from right flipper. Still trying to get timing down on quick flip, roll down shot, backhanding. (That’s a mouthful lol) TMNT is better enjoyed by setting up most shots imo.

1 week later
#5151 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Two questions. One regarding plunger and one regarding the ball initially entering play.
Question #1:
I have the custom plunger with the katana handle. However, after installing it (and successfully oiling the pizza spinner - thanks for the help!) it was pretty clear it was underpowered for some reason. Balls would barely make it over halfway up.
I did some research and learned it was likely because the plunger was not striking the ball in the center. That was very helpful; it was indeed off to the right a good amount. I tried to adjust via the screws but it was nowhere close to enough to solve it. I folded up some paper and put it between the outside of the machine and the black plunger frame to change the angle. That worked to center it, but it still was not powerful enough.
I can now get the shot to occasionally go all the way around, but most of the time it doesn't. Is there something here I'm missing? The old plunger seemed a bit underpowered as well but it could go around most of the time. And folding up paper seemed pretty hacky.
Note: my slope is right in the recommended range per the bubble on the playfield.
Question #2:
When using the auto-launch, it comes off the ramp with quite a bit of variation/bounce to it, preventing the upper flipper from being able to make a good shot on a significant number of opportunities. Is this just expected for this machine, or should I be adjusting something to make that more consistent?

Haven’t received mine yet to tell for sure, but bet the included spring is not powerful enough with the extra weight from the katana handle. Did you try putting the original spring on new shooter rod? That’s an orange spring, which is more powerful.

Slope should not matter for shooter rod to work properly. Center rod and use more powerful spring should fix it. Use a Titan silicon tip too, for more bounce.

#5175 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I can tell you after owning this game it has definitely improved my playing ability on other games.

Same with me. TMNT training really pays off on all my other machines, lol. Really getting down cradling the ball and shooting more accurately, instead of just flailing away and hoping it hits. Anyone that gives TMNT a chance soon realizes, this is one of the best layouts ever made.

1 week later
#5283 3 years ago

Just updated my TMNT and all I can say, is WOW! With this update, Dwight has made an already incredible game, that much more compelling! TMNT is truly a top 5 game, if people will just give it a chance.

Dwight has really created with code a must have game with TMNT. It is really that good! The new Turtles in a half shell game is really almost another completely different pinball game, within the game itself. Dwight has really done some incredible things with TMNT.

Big thanks to Dwight Xaqery on being such a great programmer. One of my favorites! Merry Christmas!

#5312 3 years ago

Thinking what many people are missing with TMNT layout is: it is a left centric design. More drains to the left are a natural physics law of a left centric table. Left/right outlanes should not be balanced. Balanced only if the layout is a fan center setup like most machines. John has given us something very unique and different, with a left centric design.

If the left outlane was closed any further, ball times would become quite long, if nudging is implemented to avoid center drains.

While training to dampen left outlane frustration, put a cupboard stop (credit @noquarters) on the left outlane rail and 2 silicon rings on the star post. Makes the game very family friendly and puts smiles on everyone’s faces as they complete more objectives, while learning how to shoot a left centric table. (Take them off if you’re having a tournament, lol.)
91790899-23F8-4498-B7F3-EE59B2B5A206 (resized).jpeg91790899-23F8-4498-B7F3-EE59B2B5A206 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5415 3 years ago

Dwight has worked so hard on our TMNT code and it shows! Such an awesome game on so many levels. Be sure to vote for TMNT in all categories at: thisweekinpinball.com

#5427 3 years ago

Some ideas I wrote about TMNT in another thread, after owning it a while now and putting a bunch of games on it. That thread has some wondering about TMNT, theme, etc.

TMNT a top notch layout and design by Borg and top coding by Dwight @xaqery. They hit it out of the park. Everyone that plays mine loves it. When its understood that it is a left centric shooting table, it comes alive with tons of flowing shots. So much to shoot and explore in the code. Toys galore, with a loaded PF. One of the best value pins to come out of Stern ever, imo.

BTW, what is kiddie themed about ninjas training and fighting? This is an evergreen theme that spans all ages and tastes. ZY did an outstanding job on the artwork. Nickelodeon loved it so much, they put him on the payroll. TMNT is so well rounded it should be a top ten or top five game easily.

When people put time on TMNT, they love it! One of our local arcade operators told me, it is by far their most popular pinball machine, out of all the pins they have at their many locations. He said people love it and keep pressing start over and over. Once a player gets shot locations down on the flippers, it’s a shooters dream machine. It does require lots of cradling, without flailing the ball all over the place to really enjoy.

The honeymoon’s over and I know it’s not leaving my collection.

#5455 3 years ago

Not sure when this mentality of “beating the game” by getting to an end all wizard mode, like we do in video gaming crept in? Pinball has never been that kind of game; of getting to the end and then you’re done with it, with no more to do in the game. That thinking should only take place in a $59.95 video game, not a $5k to $10k pinball machine.

Always thought pinball was about mastering the table and getting GC score, etc....

#5459 3 years ago

Pinball is more in the vain of a sport, than a video game, imo. Gary Stern constantly explains: “it is a bat and ball game, with a regulation size playfield plain and simple”. In the bat and ball games of tennis, baseball, ping pong etc. are we just trying to get to the end of a championship and then done with the game after that? Thinking as much as I like the LCD, it might be the LCD era that has been responsible for the sport of pinball, getting to be seen like a video game with an ending, even though that might never be the real case.

#5537 3 years ago

Like many have mentioned: TMNT code is so deep, that it will entertain for years to come.

Work 4 different ninja’s and then celebrate with half shell challenge.

New Neutrinos mode from leveling up.

Versus modes

Regular game

Final battle stand alone game

Team MB mode

Cowabunga final wizard mode that is tough to get (still haven’t reached it after many games and getting shots better dialed in).

This game has me coming back to it having fun over and over again.

So many things to accomplish and shoot at. Still haven’t got the Lair shot dialed in to my satisfaction, however.

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

JP...eh. I had a super strong honeymoon period with it, but once that was over it was REALLY over. I have had very little urge to play it again. Good game, but it just didn't pull me in and I didn't find the shots or most of the modes all that satisfying (except T-Rex modes...those rock. Paddocks are a boring slog.). I freely admit I'm the oddball on that one though, and it's a well loved game for a reason.

You’re not the only one. As I have all 3 and feel the same way about Jurassic Park, almost to the T.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I think people bought the game because it’s a great theme and family friendly but realize it’s Quite challenging, I’m assuming kids and wife get Frustrated and they sell for that reason. I honestly love turtles it’s super fun specially when you get into a flow fest with all shots it has, I might get Scold for saying this but I like it better than avengers that’s just my opinion.

In my house, wife and children all love it! People just need to find the shots on the flippers, put in a cupboard bumper on left outlane and then they love it. So much to do, shots all over the place and depth.

1 week later
#5690 3 years ago

Gotta say, the honeymoon is over and TMNT continues to deliver. So impressed with the whole package and the software depth is second to none. Continues to be a favorite in our family, even though it is challenging. As soon as the shots are tuned in, this game is nirvana and not frustration. The only other game that shoots this well is Munsters, both Borg games. Both so underrated, but sure they will both rise in fame as time goes by. Both flat out fun!!

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What I've heard from distributors is that the play fields had issues with first runs only. Unfortunately a lot of those were LEs and Pros that are out there.

For the record, myself and several friends have LEs from the first batch with zero issues on the playfield or anything else for that matter. This has been overblown by a few here on Pinside and is not an issue as a whole. (But for the few this has been an issue, I hope they get replacements, which I’m sure Stern will honor)

After owning an LE for a while, I do think the TMNT Pro is a good machine, but wouldn’t devalue absolute outstanding extras the LE/Prem have. They are definitely worth having and so much fun in the equation of the fab software package. I’ve played plenty of both and the extras are must have’s imo. And there have been no “headaches” at all. My LE has worked flawlessly from out of the box and continues to work flawlessly in every area, after having over 1000 plays. Only issue I’ve ever had is a screw coming out of the center ramp, that just needed to be retightened.

There is no risk buying a TMNT, as some are worried about here. You’d just be missing out on one of the most outstanding pinball packages to ever come out, by not buying. It is that good and no I don’t own stock in Stern. Yes, I think Stern’s prices should be less and are too high as well. Lol

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

TMNT is #2 on Pinside Top 100 today (where it should be!)

Yes, could everyone head over to TMNT Premium top 100 thread and give it very high marks, if you feel so inclined. (The TMNT Premium is the machine that has it listed as number 2. The naysayers who don’t own the machine have falsely knocked the other 2 way down.)

That should help keep it up at the top where it definitely belongs. Those that own TMNT know what a gem it is, those that don’t give it false ratings to bring it down. Thus the quandary of the so called top 100...

It really is a top level game in every area of scoring. Name one game that has it more together than TMNT in layout, software depth, artwork, packed playfield, lighting, toys, sound, music, call outs, animations (except April), etc. There just isn’t a competitor hitting all those marks, imo.

#5821 3 years ago

Or just use lead free solder.

#5845 3 years ago

Okay, just heard from my distributor and shocked that the TMNT topper here is $1485.00 plus shipping!! Not the distributor’s fault, just Stern’s greedy asking price. It is insane pricing to say the least and disappointed in Stern sticking it to us, their customers, so badly. To compare, Munsters or Blackknight toppers were $625.00 here and both do animated circles around the TMNT topper imo.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know what this topper does? I think I once saw a list of routines in software programming, but can’t find it. Does anyone have access to that post and would you repost it?

2. To all owners: is it worth this outrageous price for $60 worth of plastic? In other words, would you do it again, after having it on your machine and playing TMNT with topper installed for a while?

3. Do you think it really adds to the gameplay or do you even notice it anymore?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I bought the topper, I am un-impressed and I am returning it for a refund this week.
The turtles flash when you are selecting which one to choose. It flashes when the PF flashes, goes dark when the PF goes dark, etc. The eye occasionally moves here and there. That is pretty much it.
I don't think it adds much to game play. I find it annoying to look at from the side as you can see the lights behind the turtles from that angle. I also don't like that you can't dim it (I found it too bright when I have the lights out).
The lights also flicker like there is some kind of issue with node board on mine.

Thanks so much for letting me know. This is what I was afraid of and frankly can’t see the value. Think Stern is doing themselves a PR disservice, as it brings other items they sell into question as being way overpriced. You were able to purchase for a grand and I have to pay over $500 more for it than you did. A dollar to us is still a dollar, in spite of the exchange rate. Also, think the logo being less than 4 inches away from...the LOGO...looks completely like it was given no thought in the design process. Could have been the foot looking like they’re battling the turtles just as easy, but maybe Stern wanted to make sure we all know which game we are playing, lol. Sometimes Stern makes some really disjointed stupid decisions on designs, like putting Icarus on LZ 11 times. Who made that bone head decision??? Probably the same bozo that put double TMNT logo within inches of each other. Go figure.

Anyone else buy one and with reason they are keeping it?

#5854 3 years ago

Just came across this looking for what the TMNT topper does. Seems to be that Cary is right on the money, lol:

#5868 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I bought one, and I actually like it. I feel like it makes my LE a complete package along with the shooter. Do I wish that it did more? Yeah sure and maybe it will with a code update down the road like JP2 or AIQ... Does the logos being so close (topper/backglass) bother me? Not at all. The eye movement is nice, for some reason I thought it blinked too but it doesnt - really wish it did. At least the motor moving the eye isnt as loud and obnoxious as the R2D2 Topper is. Is it worth the price? Thats pretty subjective.. you could argue either way. $1K is a lot as is, $1500 is even crazier, but arent we seeing this with other Toppers after market? Id love to get a GB Topper but I'm not paying $2k for one. I wanted to complete my game and if I ever decide to sell down the road hopefully it will add to the value which is why I'm keeping it. I'm happy with my topper.

Appreciate your opinion too. Thank you, as I think it might may be sound reasons to get one as well. Do I wish the price was more around $500, like toppers in the past? For sure. Your comment about completing the LE look, is why it should have come with it, like the Bat66 topper did.

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed. You kind of have to imagine an extra ‘0’ at the end of the score if you want to make sense with some other Sterns.
But there’s just a ton to do in the game, and since we have Regular, Co-op, Teams, Final Battle Wizard game, and now Half Shell race mini game, there’s more ways to enjoy this single machine than arguably any other game on the market.

That’s for sure, this game has loads of depth and different ways to approach it, so never boring, just fun to shoot.

1 week later
#6099 3 years ago

TMNT is my go to game. Really beginning to get the shot layout down better and so enjoy how fast it plays. The software depth is a blast! Wish all games were this deep. Think this game overtime will be highly sought after. Still have not done the neutrino pizza party yet, although.

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Right there with you! I still havent gotten Neutrino pizza party either i always get sidetracked with other modes everytime i set out to get it.

What is the best strategy to get neutrino pizza party going anyway?

I know this from the rules:
Neutrino Pizza Party -
- Can only be started after you have trained and reached 3rd level
- Can only be started when nothing else is going on.
- To start hit the two Dimension X targets then shoot the left ramp before
it times out.
- Can only play once per game.

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Wait... what is neutrino pizza party? Is this different from the standard pizza party?

Yes, totally different and a completely separate mode from the TMNT parlor pizza party. Takes place from activating the LAIR, not the pizza parlor in under the van.

2 weeks later
#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

In that case, and I wouldnt be surprised if they already know about these but, here are the V1.41 bugs I've noticed.
Portal in the Park/Final Battle
-sounds missing
Weapon hurry-up
-When you get the skill shot, the weapon hurry-up inlane insert doesn’t light right away when you skip the animation stuff. This means you may accidentally start the WHU just because you are impatient.
Team Up MB
-Battle Again insert does not light
-APRIL target spell out not lit but remains active
Training Modes
-Completing mode, left ramp will count toward episode qualify as well
-maybe make completing a training level another way to qualify the next episode start as added incentive for training?
-APRIL Target lights are off, but remains active (to light Battle Again, I believe)
-Pause mode, or maybe show APRIL light progress for a couple seconds after hitting the target, or just light it like normal
Neutrino Pizza Party mode (the mode that you can get after getting your Turtle to Level 3)
-qualification time out keeps running while locked out of starting it, not sure if you can keep hitting the targets to keep it qualified or not
-no Title Screen and no End Screen/Total Points screen (I understand the mode was probably added late and I am super grateful it is in there at all because I love the mode and how it can make the Training Modes feel more worthwhile.
Restore Settings
Half Shell Challenge high score restores, but the individual Turtle Times do not.

All good suggestions!

Xaqery would you please also add a bunch more topper technodrome eye movement? I thought it was suppose to follow the ball somewhat during modes, but it basically doesn’t move much, which is disappointing after paying so much for the topper. The only real movement action the eye does is during extra ball. We need more action such as that motion, but during game play too, to have the topper feel like it is part of gameplay. Thanks in advance.

1 week later
#6355 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Fantastic game,one of borgs best and it will be sought after in a few years!

Everyone that gives this machine a chance loves it. Amazing design and if I had to have only one machine it would be TMNT. Amazing depth and game play. Definitely will be a highly sought after game in years to come.

2 weeks later
#6420 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Cowabunga dudes. I am now a happy owner of TMNT Premium!
I've only had the game for 2 days and the fam couldn't be happier! Mods already on order are:
* Katana Blade Shooter Rod
* Technodrome figure for behind the turtle van
* Turtle Crossing Sign
* Ninja Pizza Billboard
* Mutegen Container
* interactive rgb lights for the back ramp
Any other mods I should consider?
I do hope they re-fix the turtle van loosing balls. Seems they fixed it before but then broke it again in the latest firmware. Or maybe you folks know some tips for that?

The character color selectable lights on the ramp going through the backboard is a good one, purchased at Mezel Mods. Colors change according to the selected turtle’s color.
0D425D97-E190-475F-9718-101C4AD0898E (resized).jpeg0D425D97-E190-475F-9718-101C4AD0898E (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#6483 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is how I got my stern shooter rod to work relatively regular. I put the smallest size post rubber inside the shooter rod rubber and pushed it down flat with a screw driver. It gave it enough extra length to shoot more normal.
Disappointing to pay this much for a shooter rod only to have issues and other seem to as well.
[quoted image]

Are you speaking about the TMNT katana shooter rod?

2 weeks later
#6597 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Joining the club, just placed an order for a TMNT Premium. I was waiting on the The Mandalorian reveal but that game isn't for me, I think TMNT looks a lot more fun. Had a blast playing an LE on location a few weeks back.
Will be ordering a shaker motor and the art blades! Will take a look at what other mods are out there.

Welcome to our club, you’ll love this game! Great fun and is loaded with ball interactive mechs. Truly think this is a top 3 game. Code is deep and gameplay is never boring, but fun. Balls travel at the speed of light. Multiplayer and all the extra modes outside of the game itself is unique to pinball. Players need to realize this is an asymmetrical design, so the left outlane drain is purposely higher than the right.

FYI, I’ve played this game since it came out and installed silicon flipper rings from day one. Decided to change back to my unused Stern rubber flipper rings and WOW, what a difference!! I feel like a pinball pro now, as I can make any shot with ease and advance through the modes like never before. Till putting the Stern rubber on my flippers, I’ve never advanced to final battle on 3 balls, till now. Never going back to silicon. Lol

1 week later
#6660 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Paid $7500 shipped out the door last week for a NIB premium so that may be $1500 - $1700 more then a NIB pro? For me the additional features are worth it on top of the already great pro. The molded moving Glider is pretty damn cool in my opinion, and offers a nice option to setup your next shot. The spinning pizza disk moving either direction is also nice, adds more randomness to the game. The van physical ball lock is pretty damn cool, it fits the theme perfectly and has a wow factor to it. The moving Krang toy while not interactive with the ball still moves and helps add to the theme. The additional ramp flashers on the premium / LE are also a nice addition and help fill out the game a bit more.
I don't think you can go wrong with either model. The game is a blast to play (played an LE a few weeks back) with a lot to do rules wise! Going to install a Pinwoofer Super Kit, art blades, and a shaker motor once mine get's here tomorrow.

Good assessment! You’re going to love this game! It never gets old and is loaded with interactive mechs, just like all B/W games we all like. Moving Krang is very cool and really does add to the game and almost feels ball interactive. TMNT has always been about the toys. This game is destined to become a classic. Can’t wait to hear what you think after having it a while. I’ve had mine since the beginning and think it is one of the best games ever designed and just be my favorite pinball of all time.

(Note: don’t use silicone on the flippers and stay with stock Stern rubber and you’ll love the way it shoots. I made the mistake of putting titans on from the beginning and became frustrated. Removed Titans and put Stern rubber back on and it shoots like a dream now.)

#6670 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Delivered and downstairs in the game room! The game felt much heavier then I expected, could also be a lack of exercise on my part over the last year lol.
[quoted image]

This game is one of the heaviest Stern’s because of all the parts/mechs in the game. Congratulations on getting one of the finest games ever made!

#6682 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! The game has been an absolute blast and joy to play. There's so much going on in TMNT, what a fun and loaded game! Out of the box the game played perfectly, so far no issues at all. I installed a shooter lane protector, mylar in shooter lane, cabinet protectors around flipper buttons, and red Perfect Play flipper bands. Next on my list is to install a Pinwoofer Super Kit and Stern art blades.

Yes, with lots of ball interactive mechs that are sooooo much fun! There are so many ways to play this game and will be a blast for years to come. I put sound upgrade on mine too and it over the top draws you in. Was just playing yesterday and now have the LAIR shot down by letting the ball roll up the left flipper and then when it reaches near the end as it rolls back down the flipper, quick hit it to the LAIR and goes in 90% of the time. Such a satisfying shot!

#6704 2 years ago

Does anyone has a specific strategy for playing episodes and what is the order and why?

#6707 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

also, the reason I try and get Turtle Power with the 1st mode, is that I wanna avoid locking myself out of stacking a mode with it which tends to happen if I save it for a later mode.

By turtle power, you mean turtle power mutltiball by hitting the right ramp 4 times to have ready?

So you move the episode selection window by using the two “X” standups at the bottom of the left ramp?

#6711 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Correct and correct. the left X target will move the selected episode on the SCREEN Up, the right X will move it down. The left X is safer because the upper flipper can hit it and you should be able to backhand it using the left flipper. But I find it has to be a pretty quick button tap so the upper flipper gets outta the way.

Tried your strategy and it makes it so much more fun, rather than not caring which episode is up.

Is there any other approaches to the order in the episodes and reasons for picking them in what order?

What exactly does getting #3 and #4 episode completed, before team up give you in beating the team up strategy?

#6719 2 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

There's a pizza topping exclusive to the prem/LE. If you have it during pizza MB you can lock a ball in the lair and safely play the rest of the balls.

Which topping is that?

#6733 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

There aren’t many YouTube videos for tmnt unfortunately. There are some videos on twitch by jack danger and that’s about it I think. Best way to score BIG is to have octopus pizza topping during pizza multiball as it’s a never ending switch hit that just blows your multiball up! It’s one of the things that annoys me a little about the game but it’s a HUGE advantage if you can bring it into your pizza multiball.
Otherwise it’s start modes by hitting the ramps once each and then a ball into the pizza shop. Completing modes gets you power ups for you team up multiball that can be VERY lucrative too. Try to stack a multiball with a mode so you can complete them easier

Which switch hit?

#6759 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

To any of the official Stern topper owners, are you happy with your purchase or do you regret it? Is it amazing in person or were you let down? It is overpriced, but that aside, how do you like it?

This is an amazing topper in person. I was totally not happy with the gouging Stern price, but the topper is very cool and really completes the look of the machine. Ominous Technodrome sitting atop looking around at you, with the lights just around the Technodrome itself pulsing like it is really alive. Nice programmed effects throughout game play. I had to pay an outrageous AUD$1500 with shipping and reluctantly did it, but glad I did after getting it. Has Stern reached too far up on their pricing and taking advantage of us the customer? Most assuredly and it doesn’t bode well, even though the product is quite good, its not worth their asking price. If it was say USD$500? Yeah, that is the most they should be charging for plastics, control board, LEDs and a servo motor.

I really wish Xaqery Dwight would program the roving eye to move more during game play however. It really moves a lot during extra ball sequence. More movement like that would be good.

#6766 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Thank you! Yeah, super over priced, but I like that it is tied into the software. Gonna pull the trigger

Think you’re going to love it like I do, in spite of the huge price tag, lol. I had to look all over to find what it does, but finally found it.

Per Dwight:
The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.
All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.

Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.

It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.

It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more

In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.

In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

Still hoping Dwight puts more movement in the roving eye while in modes. Xaqery please put more eye movement in the topper during game modes, thanks!

#6774 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Would order a pro tomorrow if not for the playfield lottery. Any recent purchasers of a pro and playfield quality? I am waiting on a JP premium playfield from stern so my buyers confidence is shot.
Does the pro have good replay value in a 4 game collection?

Early JP PF had some issues. Stern addressed those. There hasn’t been much of any Stern PF issues other than a few low print quality, but that’s been fixed too. Mine is excellent.

#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I have a Premium and have never played a Pro. What makes the Premium more challenging? Is it that you can't plunge into the pops or is there something else?

Personally after owning and playing both, think the LE/premium is far less challenging for the simple fact it has a lane diverter and the mushroom ball lock in the LAIR. Just to name two.

#6826 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

This was my thinking as well. If I have a mushroom topping, I would say I get a ball locked in the lair most games. That's a nice way to extend your multiball. My game is tough, but I am getting better at reaching Team Up on three balls. Yesterday I got my first 40M plus game. That's after 500 games and this is my first pinball machine in the home.

I changed my flipper rubbers from Titans (difficult ball control) to Stern red flipper rubber (best ball control and lower bounce, with no ball spinning on rubber like Titans), which has a Stern 70 Duro rating (Stern black has a 100 Duro rating for comparison - harder) and my game now plays like a dream machine. Sooooo much easier than before, can’t believe the difference.

#6829 2 years ago
Quoted from Ornate_Lemon:

Does anybody have a link on where to purchase these Stern flipper rubbers?

1-1/2" Standard Size Champion Flipper Rubber - RED: only .65 cents a piece at pinball life. Sega/Stern/Data East #545-5024-02
Marco sells them too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/red-flipper-rubber.html

TMNT now plays so well and can finally advance to final battle, where as before never got there, playing regular 3 ball. Borg designed this game to work well using the most important part that touches the ball, we control, which is actual Stern rubber. I foolishly switched it out when it arrived to slick ball spinning high bounce silicone, because I liked the colors. Lol Always thought this game is fun, but really tough till started using the rubber game was designed with, which was black, but Stern red being 30 Duro softer gives even more ball control for TMNT.

#6864 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Purchased the shooter rod and installed it yesterday but cannot get enough power to get up the lane. I did notice someone said to replace the spring but still not working well for me. It looks like its aligned on the ball so im not sure that’s a problem. Anybody have a fix?

I fixed it by putting a Stern red spring on it I acquired from my Distributor. The spring it comes with is too weak.

#6877 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Still struggling with mine. Swapped the spring but still launching up to the out lane and then coming back.

Ensure you’re using a Stern rubber tip on the rod not silicone (I was using a titan tip and it wouldn’t make it around). Also it is key to change to a Stern Red Spring. Make sure the striker is hitting the ball on center.

#6879 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where does one get a stern red spring?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5001-07

Didn’t realize yellow appears even stronger at .047. Red is .042 tension rate and works great! $1.49 and all good to go Turtles.

#6892 2 years ago

All good suggestions above and please send them to Stern code department for Xaqery to consider for our next polish update.

[email protected]

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

1 week later
#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Big shoutout to Troy at Tilt Amusements for hooking our family up with a TMNT premium. This is replacing an Avengers IQ premium that we enjoyed over the last few months. Wife and I grew up on TMNT so this is allowing us to relive the best parts of our childhoods! Really enjoying the throwback music and callouts. Stern definitely turned the nostalgia dial up to eleven on this one. Really looking forward to learning the rule set and strategy. Excited to join the club today.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! This is one of the most underrated machines ever made. A top 3 game if there ever was one, imo.

1. Very fast unique asymmetrical layout. Controls nicely once shots are learned.
2. Music call outs, unique sounds and animations are top notch.
3. Lighting is stellar
4. Ball interactive mechs galore
5. Software depth and objectives in spades.
6. Who doesn’t like a Ninja theme.
7. Artwork is ZY’s best ever package. Colors pop and pleasing to look at.

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Anyone looking for a great deal on a basically brand new premium (only 5 plays as of today) give me a shout. Game is mint and was just opened up this past week. I posted it in the market place as well.

Wow, you’re out on only five plays on a top 3 game??? One of the best layouts and code ever designed. Don’t be so hasty, lol. TMNT is a real winner! (Clubs are not the place to post games for sale, as we all already have one and love it.)

1 week later
#7004 2 years ago

I buy them from Mirco (playfield-protectors.com) and they are super thin now and can’t tell the difference in game play. I used to be in the crowd of nay sayers, but now have brand new looking PFs on all my games. Get top dollar if you ever want to sell as well. Choice between game without and with, game with sells easier and for more every time. Only 0.5 mm thin, the new versions. Hardly notice at all, except gives your PF an extra shine, without the need to constantly wax and get wax all over everything. Just sayin. But to those that enjoy waxing, good on them too! Durgee7 notes will be invaluable, as I have notes too and without them, it’ll be a tough one to install. Fews games are as loaded as TMNT, so there is a lot to take off, in order to get the PFp on, but worth it, imo.

#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from Kinglaserface:

curious as to how the protector was on the pizza disc.

Pizza disc is metal and doesn’t need or come with a protector. Decal is very durable.

When installing the protector, its the only machine, I’ve ever had to take the back wooden panel off the PF itself. If you understand that, it makes it a whole lot easier to install the PFp. One thing nice, since everything comes off, you reinstall it tightened just right, so everything seems to play even better.

3 weeks later
#7137 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Also...having just gotten there for the second or third time ever (after hundreds of tries), Neutrino Pizza Party needs a nice long F'ing Ball Save! Total BS to work that hard to get somewhere only to drain out instantly. The hurry-up stand-ups and then ramp shot to start it are bad enough if you do not hit them quick enough, but then to actually hit it only to drain. Infuriating. And not in a good "makes me want to try again" way. In a I'm selling this crap kind of way.
There is so much good in this game, but so much BS like this too. The biggest thing, besides the many mostly meaningless and repetitive distraction goals, is the code difficulty just isn't balanced with the playfield difficulty. This is something Dwight nailed perfectly on SW and GoT, but really didn't hit here. Too many hurry-ups. Too many goals that are basically the same and just not worth doing. Too high of risk vs reward. I'm to the point where I WANT to love the game, but it's becoming harder and harder. If it weren't for the theme, art, and some satisfying shots, it would be down the road already. Might be time to let it go there. I could always rebuy if Dwight does a major revisit to the code like he did with GB or GoT. Because honestly, it needs it. Keep the episodes through Final Battle, but all the peripheral stuff needs to be rethought and reworked in my opinion. Some good ideas in theory, but in execution, with this playfield, not so good in actuality.
Sorry, rant over. I just REALLY want this game to be the home run is should be. I know he CAN do it...I just hope he DOES do it.

Spot on rant. Have you PM’d Xaqery Dwight with your ideas here? He really needs to see this, because many of us feel the same way. There is so much to love about TMNT, it just needs the areas you mention above to be ironed out in a more compelling manner and frankly easier way as to take the frustration out of the game. Making it hard in areas that should not be hard or rather should be enjoyable, by seeking the best balance of fun gameplay. Those of us that have put tons of hours on this game, like you and Shaub, should give Dwight a list of software adjustments to be made asap.

HELP SAVE THE TURTLES! LOL

#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

What is everyone’s preference for rubbers? I have Titans on right now and it is making my game hard as hell. I am thinking about going back to stock or superbands.

I left Titans which have their place and went to stock rubber and now my game plays so well, I feel like a pro. There is a reason Stern has not gone with silicon. Yes colors look pretty, but don’t play as well, with the ball erratically spinning and bouncing like crazy on the flippers. Stock has made the game more playable for sure.

1 week later
#7188 2 years ago

Sure hoping Xaqery Dwight will read some of the great ideas you guys have for fixing the code in our fab TMNT machines. Love playing this game, but the scoring needs balancing and fixes to various areas you all have already pointed out. I wonder if we should put a list together of desired changes and send them to Stern and Dwight?

#7193 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Or we just enjoy the game that it is, without expectations or entitlements, and keep on flippin!

AT the price of $16,000 which is what I paid for game and topper, it’s definitely not an entitlement request.

#7219 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yes less is more. But I think you are noticing the lack of lighting in the other scenes. That would make them look much nicer. The slash scenes show actual ambient design.

Looking forward to seeing your finished work. April deserves what you’re doing.

Quoted from shaub:

Turning mine down made it way, way more consistent.

What level did you turn your 3rd flipper down to?

#7256 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Just having some fun here. Hair still temporary. Background and overlays are just mockups. Trying to think through some of the word layout placements I have to work around.
I'm not really a fan of the TV screen within the screen thing that Stern seemed to think was amazing enough to put on a large number of the animations.

Can’t wait to get these April Oneil changes, sooooo much better than what Stern has done. What a difference!?!

1 week later
#7276 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Has anyone done a dark purple metallic powder coat on their pro?
[quoted image]

Dark purple really adds to the overall look of the pro, imo. What a great playing game TMNT is in pro or Prem.

#7318 2 years ago

Half shell turtle green all the way! (The purple doesn’t look too much different than standard Stern Black crackle finish, lol. You even felt like you needed a second photo to show us that it is in fact somewhat purple.)

2 weeks later
#7426 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Animation done by fellow ex-deeprooter :
Allison Ataide

Looks so good! Can’t wait to replace the worst part of what’s there now. Anything that has to do with April is atrocious. The rest of animations are quite good, although some of those animations could use some help too. Don’t know why Stern made April so subpar.

#7436 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Thank you kindly. Another small update just for that. We are busting out a few more here shortly. I 3D modeled her turtle communicator too, so we should be changing some of them up from the news bench setting too.
I played it tonight for an hour and watched for other clips that don’t have April shown but does have her voice. So I’m hoping to replace those as well.
“Ball one locked” with the video of the turtles boringly walking into a pizza parlor. That’s the kind of the thing that’s a candidate for replacement.
I do want to repeat I like a lot of the character animations…Shredder especially. I just don’t think the Stern team has the timeframes and budget needed to tackle character animation work for franchises like this.
I really need to start my own thread on this. Sorry for hijacking. Next update will be in a new thread.

Please continue updates in our club thread. We are the main people interested in your awesome work so it is not hyjacking the thread in anyway. It is more troublesome to check another thread for your updates. Besides our club thread needs the activity, since its gone kind of silent. Again very good work!

#7448 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I am embarrassed to admit I modeled the wrong communicator for April. Haha.
[quoted image]

Even doing the wrong communicator, April looks light years better and more equal to our fab art done by ZY.

#7451 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

One more mocked up. Animation coming. But I need to triple check to see if alternate/randomized audio clips play for these. If they do...I probably won't bother with lip sync on this mode's clips.
[quoted image]

Another example of how good your’s looks over Stern’s effort. Remarkable difference.

#7466 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

It's all relative. Now, Instead of April being the weakest link...some other aspect of the animations will be annoying. But... overall it will be better. I am fairly certain my high scores will raise once I have a beautiful April to aspire towards. haha. nope.
New update.
I decided the Michelangelo moment should be a little bit more relaxed...since the twist of this being all for a birthday party is well at hand that point...and her callout "The foot are stealing all the pizza!" is quite unbelievable even in their world. So i thought I would add some fun...
The pizza is actually the second "weakest link" with the animations IMO. It looks so...odd and gray and unappetizing. In some of the animations...it looks like VFX pizza...i think they had a few different 3D models for it...for some reason.

April is now a good looking sexy reporter we’ve always known from the series. Love all the facial expressions. Stern should hire you.

1 week later
#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

My glider is quite loose at the very top, but I don't have any screw driver than can get at the screws directly underneath, or even close. Is there a recommended tool for this one? Perhaps there is a set of pinball tools y'all order that you use across lots of machines?
Any advice would be appreciated.
[quoted image]

I purchased an ultra low profile screw driver set and now its an easy fix on tightening the glider. https://www.amazon.com/Anex-6102T-Profile-Driver-Handle/dp/B0016VAIBI/ref=sr_1_6

#7541 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

These are going to change my life.

Sure saves a ton of time tearing everything down, just to tighten a loose screw.

4 weeks later
#7726 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

Left outer drain is a design flaw by missing a mini bumper rod, Correct? Anyone else thought about drilling a matching bumper rod so that it looks like every other game stern's ever made? I feel like because of Covid and everyone working remotely during the making of this game it was over looked. Close to 600 games in and i'm 100% sure that there is supposed to be a rod directly under the training room lower left bumper.

TMNT has no design flaws. Borg is one of the top designers in all of pinball and made what will become one of the most sought after layouts of all time, once TMNT is archived. It’s an asymmetrical design and if that left outlane were any different, you’d have very long game times. It appears tough to shoot at first, but once you get the shots down and trap up to shoot, it has flow and combos unequalled. Just wished the scoring was better balance and maybe all the requirements to get to cowabunga weren’t so tough, lol.

#7752 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Update! Super excited to share progress on this one. (Backdrop with shutterstock logo is temporary)

This looks amazing! So much better!! It puts the wow factor into our TMNT.

#7753 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I'd happily provide my content to Stern officially.

So fortunate for Stern to have this material and they’d be unwise to not put it in. It is superior to what they have done in every way.

#7767 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

another one...

Like that soooo much better than the current almost static one of turtles looking like their entering pizza parlor.
April animation improvements will really increase like ability of a great game.

1 week later
#7844 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest.
only a few more to go.

Looking so good and will really add to a far better look on the back box.

1 week later
#7897 2 years ago

Scoring is the same within the world at any particular game, since all games stand on their own, within their own unique rule sets. Only relevant universal consistency is whether your score is up or down, within any given game.

3 weeks later
#8048 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Thinking of picking up the side armor for TMNT. Does anyone know if this requires you to drill into the outside of the cabinet? That would be a deal breaker for me :/
Also does anyone have pictures of these installed?
[quoted image]

Yes, holes are to be drilled, however there is a way to install without drilling holes. Use top already tapped four holes to screw in all across the top. Then for lollipop area where extra holes are located, put cabinet rubber stops underside all around area for lollipop to securely sit on, so no movement while playing. Top side holes fill in with cabinet/screw black plastic covers using a dab of sticky tack under the screw covers. It works and looks factory and no extra holes are screwed into your cabinet. Lollipop rails are securely fastened.

#8049 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I really wish I was streaming this and had a replay for what I did on this game… because I nabbed about 100 million of this score during ninja pizza multiball.
I was using Michelangelo at level 4, and hit 4 or 5 consecutive center/side ramp loops during npmb which triggered some kind of audio cue I had never heard before. Some kind of chime or note or quick sound on each loop. I looked up and my score was ~ 140,000,000 and just about shat my pants.
Anyone know what exactly happened here? I’d love to repeat this approach
[quoted image]

Yes, would like to know how you did this too. Never have gotten even close to that kind of score.

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Aiming for a New Years Day Release

Looking forward to your fabulous new animations of April for our TMNT machines. Will really put the icing on the cake. Are you still going to release it on New year’s day?

#8079 2 years ago

Great fun and awesome job on the animations! These take our TMNT to the next level for sure!! Can’t believe how much more appealing the animations are, having a good looking sexy April talking to us, instead of the high school artwork someone did in their spare time at Stern, lol. Such a difference it makes! Big thanks Scandell!

#8084 2 years ago

Enthused about the software mod and there is no violation, because no money was charged for this mod. Stern may render it unusable if you hook it up to their gaming system, but it will make the game feel cleaner, looks soooo much better and more professional, judging by the video Scandell demoed here. This is one of the best mods in the modding community. A totally untapped market for us enthusiasts that want our games to reflect the best in fun and entertainment. Very excited to see more cleaned up and professional renditions. It appears Scandell did a tremendous amount of work on this one.

#8092 2 years ago

Went back to stock Stern posts/rubbers and wow, what a difference! Games plays soooo much better, than silicon imo. I can now complete more episodes and make it to FB more often than before. Love the TMNT GUI red, green, and white lighting. The shot combos are so fun. The upgraded central announcer, April O’Neil by Scandell is a game changer and makes TMNT feel deluxe!! TMNT bolted to the floor, with epic artwork by ZY too. Fun game!

1 week later
#8159 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

The plastic overlay sitting on top of the pizza target (with the TMNT pinball face) lost a screw underneath. Can someone please send me an image of their pizza target so I know what piece is missing?

Your’s has no washer underneath the metal spacer which goes into that empty hole, with a nut on the underside.

2C965EB5-8426-4AF2-BBC1-3E000B2ED6B8 (resized).jpeg2C965EB5-8426-4AF2-BBC1-3E000B2ED6B8 (resized).jpeg709D9B18-DB9C-48FA-B154-5172E6824F27 (resized).jpeg709D9B18-DB9C-48FA-B154-5172E6824F27 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#8262 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Take a washer off the handle side, that allows the plunger to get closure to the ball. That 1/16" is all you need.

Or do what I did.
1 use Stern red/orange spring
2 leave washer on to protect brass bushing, but use original shooter rod outside spring. This spring is shorter, instead of new outside spring that comes with new shooter rod, which is longer.

#8288 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points. I still like the concept of training modes carrying over as personally I can only ever get 1 during a game. If I try going after a second level then I'm spending the entire game trying to level up a turtle versus playing through missions.
With the turtle level carry over feature it in a way presents 16 objectives to go after (4 for each of the 4 turtles) that otherwise beyond 1 or 2 are never seen in a game.
What I would like to see in a code update is a reset of Insider Connected users turtle level after a certain number of plays (maybe 25 games or something). That would really help keep things interesting and make leveling up turtles a fun long term feature. From what I read the levels can still be manually reset but a forced level reset at X number of plays would make the feature a lot more meaningful.

Yes, good idea to keep it all more interesting. Just love the pinball moments sounds and animations for leveling up a ninja.

#8309 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Sadly leaving the club tomorrow. Swapping Turtles pro for a really nice original AFM. Always wanted an AFM and they don't come up often over here and then you're lucky if you nab it.
I will miss Turtles, it was one of the only decent themes Stern have done in the modern LCD times. But I was finding it very frustrating to play.
I hope to get it back sometime when I'm a better player

Think you’ll soon find, AFM pretty boring and wish you had turtles back. The guy getting your TMNT is definitely getting the better end of the bargain.

#8316 2 years ago

Pro is nice too, but Premium all day long. Have shot both, but don’t kid yourself, the upgrades are not small.
1. Being able to change lanes via the glider is huge, at least for me. On the pro, always frustrating can’t do that on a tougher playing layout. Layout was meant to have the glider.
2. Ball lock in the Lair is also a game changer. pro doesn’t have that.
3. Krang toy puts you in the Zone and is such a fun addition. Can’t imagine the game without it.
4. TMNT van having 4 balls falling out of the van is just like the Ninjas all falling out to kick some Foot.
5. 8 ball vs. 6 ball, so much more fun, with all the kaos like 4 clan vs 4 turtles. Easier to hit all the required April shots with 8 balls to get to Cowabunga. (Even with that, I’ve not been there yet, lol.)
6. Both direction spinning disc really adds unique play to the game and is utilized not just during PMB, but during regular game play, which keeps the ball from going SDTM.

Think you’ll be happier in the long run with the premium all day long, imo. The differences are so many, they all add up pretty quickly to a better package, which is the way Borg fully designed the game to be at its best. But the pro is a great value, which you already know.

Tell us which way you go.

2 weeks later
#8371 2 years ago

Finally purchased all the parts for IC and figured out how to connect my machines to IC, via the GZ IC port. Must say IC adds another fun layer to TMNT, with more sounds and strangely even music I did not hear before. Have never gone for leveling up all turtles to level 4, since going through episodes is challenging on their own. But now, so fun approaching the game from a completely different manner.

Purchasing all the parts was only about $37 USD per machine and now all connected to IC and easy to use.

Was asked to write up how I did it for that price. Write up can be seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/54#post-6806779

1 week later
#8399 2 years ago

Pre/LE all the way. Pro good too of course. Everyone I know including me has never had an issue with the diverter. TMNT is one of those titles that has legs and going to be highly sought after when it’s archived. Nothing plays like TMNT and is a loaded game.

#8414 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does the topper add any modes like the toppers do on JP and AIQ?

The topper is awesome fun!
(Wish Dwight Xaqery would add a topper mode for example: light all four turtles, then Technodrome for a special Technodrome multiball.)

Per Dwight:
The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.
All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.

Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.

It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.

Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more

In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.

In the attract mode:

#8416 2 years ago

IC is a game changer for TMNT. First time I’ve ever completed 4 TMNT levels and Nutrino Pizza Party. It makes it a keeper, since there are now more ways to approach this game. Such fun!

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from LDP84:

Happy to join the club, my first post on pinside. Totally new to the hobby. Have been lurking on this forum for a while and tried to soak up all the info.
I have a TMNT premium for a year now and currently trying to install a few mods/protective elements. I was able to install plastic protectors at the slingshots and the outlanes. Pretty stoked about the results.
Furthermore, trying to switch the standard rubber with Titan. So far so good, but I am stuck at the post sleeves. Not totally sure how to approach those. Have been looking for videos or posts, but was unable to find what I was looking for. Any tips and tricks that you can give me?
[quoted image]

Best tip: Don’t switch to silicon and stay with the Stern rubber. TMNT plays 10 times better with stock rubber. I tried silicon (Titan’s) they made the game so much harder than it needs to be. Constant spinning and English on the flipper bats were so frustrating on an already fast game. Plus erratic bouncing off posts from silicon, also frustrating. Stock rubber does not do that.

#8425 2 years ago

Interesting improvement with IC concerning Nutrino Pizza Party. Now I have access to a very hard mode to start, with a level 3+ turtle powered up. Before, just getting to level 3+ was challenging by itself. Then hitting dimension X left/right side targets, plus left ramp, without starting any other mode, presents a challenge all on its own. Now I only have to do the 2nd part and its great fun to access new music, callouts and NPP challenge. IC for TMNT is great fun! Think NNP was programmed with IC in mind from the start.

#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The scoring potential of NPP is overpowered so early in the game. Without persistent Turtle levels, the potential for lots of points is balanced by the difficulty/reward in getting there, it also adds another dimension to the game with the Training Modes which are simply removed from the game when your Turtle starts fully levelled up. Overall, it feels like 1 step forward and two steps back as far as code development, but that's just my perspective.
I do believe that persistent levels was planned from the beginning or at least early on to be included as a Stern IC feature though. Some of the perks themselves can be very difficult to utilize if you start at Level 1 every game.

Agree and thanks for the information CypherPinball that we can reset the turtles leveling by holding in both flipper buttons. Good option Dwight (He thinks of everything).

#8449 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Is my left flipper too low? I've never been able to backhand the left ramp and I'm wondering if this is why.
[quoted image]

Yes, its just slightly too low and might help to be adjusted up a little bit. You should be able to backhand left ramp and after adjusting, still a challenge, up your flipper power a bit. After playing for a while flipper fade does come into play unfortunately.

#8453 2 years ago

Both ramps are definitely meant to be backhanded. I backhand both of them all the time. Safest way to shoot them. Backhand LAIR as well. Table set at 6.5 and level side to side.

#8460 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

If you aren't meant to backhand the left ramp that's fine, just wish we had a definitive answer.

I’ve got several Borg designed games and he always makes his designs to allow backhanding the shots. Most good designers do this. Richie designs this way too and so does Elwin. Without backhanding the shots on TMNT are more dangerous and I cannot advance as deeply in the game. Fans do help a great deal. You can make your own fans easily and save a bunch over what they’re sold for from retailers, if you don’t mind DIY.

1 week later
#8505 1 year ago

Surprise! New TMNT code!!

2835655E-B70A-42E1-8AA4-1E17216793AF (resized).jpeg2835655E-B70A-42E1-8AA4-1E17216793AF (resized).jpeg
#8507 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

LE/PREMIUM V1.51 - MARCH 28, 2022
=================================
FIXED:
- The "Team April" achievement was not being awarded correctly.
- The "Collect Max Krang Combo" achievement was not being awarded
correctly.
- The "Collect Krang Combo with 2X playfield Multiplier" achievement
was not being awarded correctly.
- Some award values weren't being formatted properly.
- EXTRA BALL was sometimes being lit when it couldn't be awarded.
- INSTANT INFO sometimes said EXTRA BALL could be awarded from EPISODES
or PIZZA SLICES when it couldn't.
- PIZZA SLICES would sometimes say LIGHT EXTRA BALL was the next award
when it shouldn't be.
- The LAIR BALL SAVER was sometimes saving the ball when it shouldn't and
no longer conflicts with any other ball saver.
- PICT-O-POPS would sometimes award ADD A BALL when it shouldn't.
- FINAL BATTLE was allowing ADD A BALL during the single ball phase.
- Sometimes the PIZZA EATING CONTEST introduction speech wasn't being played.
- PIZZA EATING CONTEST from PIZZA SLICES is now delayed in starting if
something is blocking it from doing so immediately.
- The WRATH OF KRANG perk during TEAM UP MULTIBALL was spotting more than
FOOT.
- The TEAM UP MULTIBALL background instructions during the SHREDDER phase
were incorrect.
- TEAM UP MULTIBALL was sometimes collecting the lit award and the next
award on the same shot.
- A-P-R-I-L, 2X and BATTLE AGAIN lamp inserts are now visible during
TEAM UP MULTIBALL.
NEW:
- Added "PARLOR LOCKS BALLS" adjustment for virtual locks in the PIZZA
PARLOR. Options are:
- ALWAYS
Balls are locked in the pizza parlor as normal.
- NOT IF COMPETITION
Balls are not physically locked when the game is in a COMPETITION
mode.
- NEVER
Balls are never physically locked.
- Added sound, lamp and speech effects to EXTRA BALL IS LIT.
- Added speech to EXTRA BALL.
- TEAM PLAY games will now display the winner during GAME OVER.
- PIZZA SLICES now awards PIZZA POINTS at newly added thresholds.
- Added lamp effects when the ball passes thru the LAIR without being held.
- TRAINING can be now be relit after LEVEL FOUR, replaying LEVEL FOUR again.
- NEUTRINO PIZZA PARTY now lights when 3 TRAINING LEVELs are completed
in a single game, not specifically at LEVEL THREE.
- INSTANT INFO now shows the current level of all turtles when signed in
to INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Blowing off the SKILL SHOT award will now stop its lamp effect, allowing
the WEAPON insert status to be visible.
- Updated PIZZA MOTOR adjustment with 3 options:
- ENABLED
- ONLY DURING NINJA PIZZA MB
- DISABLED
TWEAKED:
- The EPISODE lamp inserts are now dimmed while FINAL BATTLE is READY to
indicate they have been completed.
- "LANE CHANGE BATTLE AGAIN" adjustment set to YES in DIRECTORS CUT install.
- Increased the scores for jackpots in Turtle Power Multiball.
MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.10 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.84.0
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coin door interlock switch in the open
position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name
and green check mark with a verified Location if the machine is registered
to a pro account.

Absolutely appreciate the update, but nothing there worth losing Scandall’s April mod over. His April O’Neil mod definitely gives TMNT that deluxe look and feel over Stern’s very poor animated job on April, a key figure in the game. Won’t upgrade till Scandall’s mod code is upgraded.

#8509 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

WOW -
I just realized that I forgot to add a new feature to the READ ME files.
IMPOSSIBLE PLAY was added to Turtles too! Which is actually pretty fun.
Good Luck!

Big thanks Dwight Xaqery for making our games better and better. We really appreciate you and your dedication to such a great game!

#8518 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That’s nice for Dwight to read

To be clear, no unkindness meant toward Dwight, as he is my favorite programmer and does stellar work. He did’t do the subpar April Oneil animations, so my comment was not directed at him at all. Wish Stern would just accept Scandall’s superior work and put it in the code. Would make everyone happy and so easy to do. No copyright infringements, as it is the same approved artwork done by ZY all over the machine. There is no difference in art design, just same April ZY artwork, animated leap years ahead of the mess that’s there now.

#8520 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just tugging your chain!

No worries mate. (1.51 code is awesome, TMNT should be easliy rated top 5 game of all time! Real sad state of affairs is, if it had JJP or Spooky label on it, it would be heralded by Pinside crowd as one of the most pack, best art, most toys, like unto Bally/Williams days ever made. Because its under the Stern label, there is great resistance by Pinside to give it any credit to its greatness.)

#8522 1 year ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

For someone without IC in my TMNT yet, I'm reading this as level 4 now to activate NPP? Man, that's gonna be rough for me. haha Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. You start at level 1, so first completion puts you into level 2 and third completion puts you at level 4?

Yes, correct. Which training levels are tough enough on their own, but so fun to complete. With such stellar pinball moments with sights, lights, and sounds as they are completed. Love level one training completion sights and sounds! So getting to NNP without IC is near impossible, lol.

#8534 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Glad we have a code update and adding in impossible play is a welcome addition. A little bummed about the Neutrino pizza party getting gated behind completing 3 trainings again. It would be great if in a future update that could be an adjustment. Where we could either choose to have it available to activate at any point once at level 3, or after completing 3 trainings. I'm not a super great player, and only got to NPP once between the mode being added and the last update. Feels like a step backwards for not great players. It felt like a nice reward for purchasing IC for turtles, that I got to play NPP more often. It actually makes me hesitant to upgrade the code to 1.51.

Dwight Xaqery ia there any chance you could make an option setting so we can maintain NPP play after completing training level 3 like it was in code version 1.50? Even having that option with NPP available at the start of a level 3 turtle, it’s still challenging, but more fun to feel we really achieved something by getting our turtle to level 3. For those that are super players and like very hard challenges, they can keep the train 3 levels or complete level four again before unlocking NPP as a default option. Please consider putting 1.50 NPP access back into the code. Thanks again!

#8536 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

What about co-op mode? Can three players each get to level two and qualify NPP? That’s three levels.

No they’d each have to get to level 3 in the same game for each to qualify for NPP is my understanding. Which would be quite difficult to do. After achieving level 3, if any other mode is started, NPP goes away. It’s such a fun level to get to with all the lights turning red to make points, with only one blue light to collect them, all the while Nurtrino/Turtle DJs running a TMNT disco tech. Very fun mode, but hard to achieve. IC leaped it forward somewhat in 1.50, but 1.51 took it backward 10 steps. Now IC is not near as advantageous as it was in 1.50. Simply not going to upgrade over this issue either till a solution is offered. 1.50 still better imo, other than the fixes.

3 weeks later
#8713 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think TMNT is really starting to gain some traction as a great pin. It's now in the top 40 on here and considering how many great pins are in the top 50 that's pretty darn good, will only go up from here as more people play it on the most recent code.
The thing I love about Dwight coded games is that he codes moments and TMNT is filled with those. So many modern pins today are filled with rather dull points based modes with little mode choreography. Why? Personally I think it's because those types of modes take longer to code as well as some of today's newest coders being more focused on tournament play versus telling a story through code. The modes in TMNT are coded well in that they work the playfield in interesting ways, feature unique animations, lights shows, and tell a story.
Besides the main modes there's 16 training levels to go through across the 4 turtles, that's a fun hook that adds a good amount of depth. The progress overview screen with all of your goals towards the main wizard mode is also something we don't see very often. I once owned a JJP Pirates, that game has 125 main chapter modes yet I would take the 8 main modes in TMNT over those any day. The main modes in Pirates IMO are all generic and pretty much play the same whereas the 8 main modes in TMNT are unique with their own light shows, animations, sounds, etc. I tend to gravitate towards pins that tell a story through code, and give players a feeling of being on a quest. TMNT does both of those fairly well.

Agree with this review Panzer and like how you are giving us a different perspective. You might add this to your review. I think it unfortunate that this game is not rated in the top 10. Dwight feels bad that it isn’t also, as he has put a ton into the code. I remember him asking us in this thread why its not rated in the top 10, but its not this club, its the detractors that have unfairly rated TMNT, as it does have a great deal going in the game. Art package is the best in all of Pinball and layout is going to be looked upon as legendary in the future imo. Don’t think it is as linear as some think it is, but wish Xaqery Dwight would put in a flipper picking option for choosing modes. Think that would add a great deal more fun for less talented players to freely choose which mode they play and in what order. Hitting the 2 targets on the left ramp to change are dangerous shots SDTM.

#8731 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm curious how you play the game. When I start the game I basically go straight for modes and MB and just keep going with it, get to TUMB in order to re-light my MBs. April Hurry Ups are nice for some points but the other Cowabunga criteria aren't really worth your time when it comes down to it so you're better off ignoring them. That's what makes it feel linear to me.

Well you have listed the way many play the game, but suppose any mode based game is going to feel kind of linear. JP is mode based in a similar regard, as going from paddock to paddock is required each time to advance to the visitors center. However, if we play as different turtles each time, training for that particular turtle mixed in with episodes, pinball moments and meaningful MB experiences, it can feel less linear than just always going straight episode to episode. Cowabunga is quite difficult for most of us. Dwight might need to allow some other ways to spot the tougher Cowabunga achievements. In fact has anyone in this club achieved and beat it yet, with the glass on? Lol…

#8751 1 year ago

Thought more about the Turtles linear discussion and TMNT is more progressive than linear. Linear means you have to do mode A, to get to B, to get to C, etc. Progressive means you can do mode A, B, C in any order you want to get to the next level of challenges. Most modern pinball is progressive, achieve these goals in any order to progress to the next group of challenges. TMNT is a fun progressive story being told, with side challenges that are part of the story. That keeps it from being a grind and allows the machine to have a different feel every time its played. Training is the only linear part of TMNT, as training 1,2,3,4 has to be completed always in that order.

1 month later
#8897 1 year ago

Imo, the glider is useful in so many aspects to playing TMNT with more meaningful strategy than all other games. Instead of dangerous bounce passing, I use the glider to get ball to left flipper to safely backhand shots into the Lair. Episode selecting from left flipper. Glider change to avoid starting a blinking TPMB by getting ball to left inlane to begin foot mode, then glider change to hit right ramp to qualify next mode. Then glider again to get back to right flipper for safe shot into the pizza parlor. Glider is one of the most awesome useful mechs on any pinball machine, when properly used and thought out on attacking Shredder and Krang. Using the glider in this manner makes TMNT a much easier game to play than without it. Very useful mech! Love how it is controlled by us the player using the action button.

#8899 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I believe Dwight mentioned on a podcast that there was a debate between including the diverter or the spinning pizza disc on the Pro and they went with the Pizza. If that was the case, in hindsight they definitely should have went with diverter on the Pro. When it comes down to it, the Pizza Disc doesn't really add much to the overall game. But, what's done is done.

Probably went with the spinning pizza disk since that is the more “flashy” of the 2.

#8901 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The disc isn't especially grippy so it doesn't affect ball trajectory much.
Rob

But it does mostly keep the ball from going SDTM, which is a nice feat and good effect of the pizza spinner. Dwight said it was tricky to program it to do that.

2 weeks later
#9005 1 year ago

Can someone check to see if the pizza slice LED light insert and add time LED light insert stay on when all the other lights go out? Mine stay on, not fully lit, but always on. Maybe they’ve always done that and I never noticed?

A55BDC19-27FC-4221-8A63-53D0761767A5 (resized).jpegA55BDC19-27FC-4221-8A63-53D0761767A5 (resized).jpeg

882A7C44-29B1-4F3C-87DA-B924BA338F87 (resized).jpeg882A7C44-29B1-4F3C-87DA-B924BA338F87 (resized).jpegDA4A0E6D-D441-48E2-AE21-35CC2AA95E04 (resized).jpegDA4A0E6D-D441-48E2-AE21-35CC2AA95E04 (resized).jpeg
#9008 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Without searching the thread I think I remember this was an issue with a playfield connection not fully seated.

Good, will search the thread, unless someone knows where the reference for the fix is at. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#9134 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The thing is, it can be super valuable but it can also be worth nothing. Ive had an 80m mode score and a literal 0 point one. But no, I wouldn't say its worth going for other than just to have gotten there. It might be more attainable if the the progress made on a failed Training mode carried over to your next attempt. Fun mode though, fairly simple concept but the GI and the video and everything combines together for a nice unique moment.

Was sooo fun to play neutrino pizza party during 1.50 code that was always available at the start button, if hit left/right target then hit left ramp to start. Such a fun little mode that was really something to look forward to and made IC worth having. Now, not worth going for. Code wise wish Dwight would put it back to level four access. Never got tired of it with IC level four access. Please Xaqery put it back in for us.

#9149 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

It was actually tied to Level 3, but if he does make the decision to go back to how it was, the scoring needs to be seriously nerfed. I personally don't think it should be available at game start with Insider Connected, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to Level 3 or something to make it slightly more attainable. Hell, make it available after completing 4 of the Cowabunga criteria or something and breathe some life into those features.

Good idea, to add it to achieving 4 cowabunga objectives. I never look at trying to achieve any of those objectives since they’re all difficult, with zero reward unless completing them all. Xaqery please add this idea.

C340CAE0-83BF-4470-A781-29642DDC9F25 (resized).jpegC340CAE0-83BF-4470-A781-29642DDC9F25 (resized).jpeg

#9150 1 year ago

Added a few things to the letter, but removed it here. Was told we cannot get that large of an update, because it would be larger than we realize. But asked if NPP could be rolled back to the IC version.

3 weeks later
#9209 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Wow! Thanks for that shoutout! Kind words inspire me to do more on this!

Second his words about your mod! Makes our TMNTs sooooo much better, replacing artwork animations that should have been done at Stern. Instead of trying to keep up with the poor April anime, Stern should just hire you to make it all top notch. They’re still making the game, because it has legs for years to come. Many people are just beginning to discover what a great shooter TMNT really is and seeking them out now.

#9212 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyb3rPunk:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have it all set up on my machine with the new code 1.52 and it's awesome! Stern - give this guy a job!

Do you have Scandell’s TMNT April mod working on 1.52 without any issues using insider connected?

#9229 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Value potentially going up on our games I'm ok with that.

Definitely cause HUO prices to go up. TMNT is a sleeper hit and will continue to have legs long after production like ST, people will learn how well it shoots and seek one out. It’s not a tough shooter like some think, after you get to know the shots. Code is outstanding too, even though the scoring is set to more old school by removing a zero or 2 from the overall numbers. Tell me a game that has such fast shots, filled with combos and flow like TMNT? TMNT is a loaded game with ball interactive mechs all over. It’s Tron 2.0 on steroids.

#9234 1 year ago

Would be nice if we got one more code update, however.

1 week later
#9240 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to reset TMNT training back to level 1 for insider connected? It use to show up by holding both flippers to do a reset in the menu. But now don’t see it. Any ideas?

#9242 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I asked this a while ago, and in post #9164 I was told the following by Pinsider Thomas3184:
"You should be able to hold both flippers in before starting a game but logged in. There is an option to reset as one of the selection choices."
This worked for me, but it was on the last code before this final update that recently came out. I assume it works the same now.

Thanks for the reply. I tried on code 1.50, 1.51 and 1.52 to bring it up while holding both flipper buttons in, but it would not show like before. Until I logged my name into IC and then held both flipper buttons in to show ‘reset turtle levels to 1”. TMNT is such an awesome game and so misunderstood on this site. It’s not a tough game to shoot as some think. In fact, once you learn the layout, its on the easier side. One of the most interesting combo fast shooting layouts ever created. Hats off to Borg and Sullivan for delivering such an awesome package!

#9244 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Agreed. Lots of people are missing out on a great game.

For sure. It’s like Dwight asked after being puzzled why its not a top 10 game with such great deep code. He put so much effort into TMNT for us and Scandal’s mod makes it all that much better. Sure hope Scandal does more. April mod is really so much better!

#9247 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I really don't think it's "misunderstood," I just feel like the gameplay doesn't really have anything that does a great job of bringing people back for "just another game". What's there is actually pretty good for what it is (episodes and multiball, team up and final battle as wizard modes), sort of on par for the depth of a lot of the 90s Williams games imo and if the scoring was better balanced I could see it being something of a tournament favourite due to the difficulty of the layout combined with simplicity of code. Personally, I'd like some additional gameplay paths, ways to stack and build values/features and improvements to Team Up MB as well. But balancing some of the side features to make them more worthwhile could elevate this game like crazy.

You make some good points and sure I’d like a little more, but as is, its an awesome go to push start button one more time for me.

#9265 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

This is entirely accurate. I call it TurtleSouls.
I like this game because I want a hard game in my collection - but it's kind of miserable, haha.

Interesting that some find this game hard. At first I thought that too, but over 1k games into it, after learning the shots, I no longer find it difficult, only exhilarating. But I’m a trap up player and heavily use the TMNT glider as designed. Sending ball left and right as needed, instead of slapping or taking dangerous shots that lead to drains. Can hit the LAIR 90% of the time from backhanding and only 10% of the time from the right flipper which can easily drain. No longer use right flipper for LAIR shot. Such a satisfying shot from the left flipper.

#9275 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Nah, no scoring bonus other than pizza party which doesn't seem that lucrative. ...but safe-ish due to mb. I mean body could be just fixed by saying 'save ALL turtles'. ...I mostly go for it for the cowabumga award ...which I still haven't gotten to and want to get it on playing only 1 player.
Wrath of krang seems fine to me. One blue shot hits all, then you have to hit the weapon. Wrath + body = cowabunga achievement. A bit lopsided. I think other perks should be worth more. Like if Slash was worth double it would be worth hit perk (without Wrath of krang) and hit each of the foot soldiers. Same with the shredder 2x for whatever epp that is from. ...but as I know you know, this game could use a ton of little tweaks to polish it. Non of it kills the game, it just would be interesting to see what Dwight could do with it if he is allowed more time.
Training is killing me right now. I just avoid it. To be 4 shots closer to 2x is more lucrative than what the training gives you imo. Could be an easy fix like add 15% of score and add npp to level 3 and 4.
I think he may be doing training mode like in a story way like foot 123 (foot soldiers get in your way, either kill them or wait it out); so when you hit training by accident you are like 'ah, damn, training, ok, I guess I'll do it'.
I can see it being a real balancing act between theme integration within the code and scoring. I mean, a lot of new stern seem to just avoid theme integration in code or just use it superficially. Dwight has really outdone himself in this respect in tmnt imo. With tweaks and bug cleanup (especially the RESET bug!), this game really could be a modern gem. In a complete different way than godzilla already is, but a gem none the less.

I use to be able to backhand my shots to the lair (almost) that easy until I switched them to perfect play, now I'm even having trouble backhanding with 2 balls traped on the left which used to be easy.
What flipper rubbers are you using?

I went back to the Stern standard rubber, after anguishing with Titians for way too long, not being able to hit the shots well and frustrated with most everything. Going back to stock rubber changed my TMNT experience from night to day and made it a remarkably fun shooter. It now seems on the medium to easier side of pinball.

#9281 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Crazy that I see this right now since I literally have another tab open to Titan's website with a TMNT kit with your name on it.

I did love all the Titan colors on TMNT (even though it didn’t take long for them to become black anyway, lol), but Stern stock rubbers play so much better on TMNT and have made the game a delight for me to play now.

#9326 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I do not consider it done, but I dont have any plans for an update. That said, I would love to fix any bugs I can.

This is good news, if you can find the time to fix the bugs and even if you’re able to put the Nutrino pizza party back at level 4 training, that’d also be nice. I haven’t seen it since. Very difficult to get to. Even if we had to complete training level 4 to get to it, would still be challenging. It is such a fun mode to have ready after completing level 4, with IC being utilized in the memory.

#9347 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Nice work on your scoring analysis, it's always nice to have some practical info rather than just theory. However, I think the qualifier "WHEN you hit the shots" is unnecessarily applied only to MBs when really that is the case with any strategy and scoring opportunity. It obviously depends on which Episode you're playing but I don't think the shots required for SJPs are necessarily more difficult than the shots required for Episodes.
The way I see, the big downside to the SJP Strategy, getting locked out of later MBs, is easily rectified by stacking episodes with your MBs and, more or less, ignoring them in favour of focusing on your SJPs. It really only takes a couple additional shots to light them before starting an episode and your MB. If you play as Raph, you can get that first lock/first Episode started in 1 shot, potentially starting your 2nd Episode with your 3rd lock, 2 episodes down. Episode 3 with TPMB and Episode 4 by itself to light TUMB/re-light MBs and then do that all again.
Easier said than done for sure. But if you're doing that, your winning at TMNT.

Wait, how do you stack episodes? I mean if you hit the Pizza parlor when the TV is lit, you’ve started the episode and cannot initiate starting another one till that episode is finished? Please explain how to stack episodes if I’m missing something here…

#9352 1 year ago

Many people that have put time on TMNT think it is a top 5 or 10 game. It is not a tough shooter if a player traps up and makes controlled shots.

If scoring stayed the same, but had a 0 or 00 added to the end of each score, people would feel more satisfied, imo. But aside from that, if the bugs were squashed like the one reported by shaub namely:

“Turtle Power Crash for the first time in a while, normally Im not signed in.
Raph Level 4 (persistent)
Signed into Insider Connected using Home Team
NPMB played
2 Episodes completed: Mousers and a Shredder one
I Want a Body Episode was active
Had 1 April Hurry up Collected, I think I had one ready to collect as well. (I feel like this might be a key to the crash.)”

Everyone would be happier with the code. It’s real tough to work far into TMNT, only to have the machine totally reset. As stated before if Nutrino Pizza Party option available after completing level 4 training on any turtle, connected to IC, that’d be a winner too. No one in my family has seen it since it was taken out of 1.51 or 1.52 code. Doubt we will ever play it again, since its so tough to get to. Fun little mode to play. There is also audio clipping during cut scenes when Krang is talking and messing up the awesome syncopated Krang toy. Please Xaqery make this happen for such a stellar pinball machine. Always want to keep it.

#9358 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Those are all great ideas but I doubt Mr. Sullivan will have the time or resources to do so many changes. Really, time would be better spent on debugging imo. Not as fun but more detrimental to the enjoyment of the game overall.
I'm worried about his wording on the "fix what I can". His response and acknowledgment of the bugs are promising but saying "what he can" makes me less enthused. Makes me he's had people looking into the tpmb and they're stumped. But hey, maybe he gets a ringer in there to have a look. Let's hope.
I just changed my flipper bands back to black and am feeling like the lair shot is back easier again from the cradle. (Thanks again Thunderbird: loving going back to rubber, the perfect plays suck on tmnt, look great, but they suck). I'll probably start going back to having games where I focus on training. Just to see for the challenge. I still think it's a poor choice if you're going for score alone.

You’re welcome. We all had to learn the hard way, leaving stock rubber from day one to using titans had me feeling TMNT was a tough shooter. Going back to Stern stock rubber changed the game for me, to becoming a real layout dream machine. Think this one has legs as more and more discover how outstanding J Borg designed the layout. Now if Xaqery Dwight will fix the code and dedicate whatever time is needed to make it the AAA title it should be.

#9361 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You know Titan has low bounce flipper bands that behave similar to natural rubber?
We put Titan bands on every game we own. Way less dirt than rubber, game is easy to clean and look after.

Tried those and still they don’t play even close to original Stern rubber. There’s a reason tournaments use only stock rubber for play. In addition, the so called dirt: found that the Titan’s get really dirty fast and become black anyway. Silicon disintegrates quickly, fraying the posts rapidly, as it cannot take the pounding of the metal ball the way rubber does. If Stern thought silicon played better, they’d changed it years ago. I thought what you said was the case originally, but found PF is far cleaner, because the stock rubber doesn’t disintegrate so easily and far easier to keep PF clean.

#9369 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Either way, its a real shame that Dwight doesn't seem to be afforded the time or resources required.

This baffles me, that Dwight Xaqery does not seem to have time or resources to make everything right, like team Elwin does. I think Dwight is Stern’s top coder, but TMNT has not been given the proper code time to squash the bugs and do the good ideas you’ve come up with. Dwight should be talking to you to implement such great ideas that shouldn’t require much to implement, aside from scoring. Dwight already told me directly changing all the scoring would be like rewriting the whole code. TMNT will become a highly sought after game, just like Tron became from the same designer, Borg. TMNT has even more, with best art package, great versatile code, super fast layout, great shots, toys galore. If I had to only have one machine, it’d be TMNT. Lot’s to do with different ways to approach the game.

#9397 1 year ago

Thought I’d show proof of the silicon I removed from my TMNT. People go on how they are somehow “cleaner” for the PF to use than Stern stock rubber…..(not to mention my TMNT is now very playable and finally enjoyable).

2E5EC137-283F-4C7A-907F-E50BF14FC1BD (resized).jpeg2E5EC137-283F-4C7A-907F-E50BF14FC1BD (resized).jpeg

#9403 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

How many plays on those rubbers?

A few hundred is all.

#9413 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Yeah, it's pretty fast too, that's why I made this:
[quoted image]
Really helps with strategizing the toppings when you're getting use to it as well. 11 toppings is a lot to memorize.

I've never had this problem but I think I've read about it way back in this forum somewhere. I'd re-seat all of the connectors including the ethernet cables, then also unlock and re-lock the sd card (I've had mine pop out part way before myself but it wouldn't boot properly). If not that, try a new (quality) SD card and burn the rom fresh.
Good luck, I bet it's just a connection.

Awesome Pizza Menu Card! Would you post a high definition copy of it here, so we may make one too?

#9416 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

So it reset on me again at the end of a game. I’m really not sure why. Also the Turtle Power light is on when it shouldn’t be. I could be mistaken but the light should only be on at the beginning of the game if Donatello is picked. Regardless of the turtle I pick the light starts on. The ramp Activates when it should but not sure why the light is on.
Any insight on either of my issues would be greatly appreciated.

The reason the light always stays on is because your node board is bad. I had the same issue and had to buy from Stern a new node board to fix the light issue. Now light only comes on when it should. Think this is the node board number I ordered: 520-8446-00 PCB

Edit: Just confirmed it is the correct number and here is a photo I just took of the exact board you need to replace.

AC78F6CD-8B64-40C5-BD2D-4FC03907362B (resized).jpegAC78F6CD-8B64-40C5-BD2D-4FC03907362B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9492 1 year ago

Yes, thanks Dwight Xaqery for your untiring efforts to make our TMNT game as great as it can be. Also, look forward to any more tweaks you’re able to do. Some of the guys in our club thread have some very good ideas to implement in future code updates if possible. Thanks for tweaking the scoring. TMNT has legs, with so much to offer in the way of pinball fun. It’s going to be “discovered” as a real gem for many in the future. Also big thanks for making NPP more attainable. Will look forward to seeing it again now. Wish we could send you a pizza: Chef Sullivan’s special with Octopus, Peanut Butter and Anchovies for your dedication…
188B1683-B350-4A48-87EF-F1FBCA40C4BB (resized).jpeg188B1683-B350-4A48-87EF-F1FBCA40C4BB (resized).jpeg

#9495 1 year ago

I think any pizza joint that wants to make some easy money should put this game there with the challenge of win free pizza for a year if you beat the grand master.

Fun idea and it would pay for the machine, since no one except maybe one of us could do it, lol. In the arcade in our local mall, TMNT is the most popular machine amongst them all and there is a load of pinball machines in the arcade.

2 weeks later
#9602 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Thank you.
I just want to give credit where due. Corey Stup has been hot on the trail of the TPMB crash for some time and was the one that finally solved it. I would like to publicly thank him. Thanks Corey!
PS - I have No Man Sky coming for my SWITCH on Tuesday.

Big thanks to you Xaqery Dwight and Corey for caring about this fabulous game with such great code now. We really appreciate it! TMNT will be highly sought after by all those that overlooked it during its production run. It’s one of the rare games that has it all! Fab layout, many toys, great code, great lighting, best art, popular ever green theme for both young and old. What a game!!

#9622 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

No, you can't finish a mode on the right ramp but I personally find it easier and safer to backhand the left ramp anyways. ...but with the prem you can just divert it to the right anyways, correct?
I searched out for a prem on location to try for ages. Finally found one and was kinda disappointed. The biggest issue for me was the extra stuff in the way. It's such a fast game that you need every inch of viewing area.
It is pretty though, the art, the Krang kinetic figure. I'm not crazy about the glider toy but it is better than the sticker that replaced in on the pro. And I think Borg liked the diverter so much he was able to integrate the idea (better, imo) into Rush.

Well after owning a Pre/LE since it was released, can tell you the extras are worth it. Pre/LE has an 8 ball multiball experience like none other… (was just shooting into my 8th mode with a TPMB and this happened…. Lol)

26B3017C-2AB7-477C-9FE4-2B4F876E217C (resized).jpeg26B3017C-2AB7-477C-9FE4-2B4F876E217C (resized).jpeg

#9628 1 year ago

I really wanted an LE originally. But it was out of my price range. Was considering the Premium, but I really didn't like the art package. Except for the translite.
So I bought a pro, and put a premium translite in it. Love it. Might try to do the legs and such powder coated.
I do wish I could experience a premium at location some day to see what it feels like.

Your Pro is also a great machine. One of the best pros ever made imo. Owner friend at local arcade says his TMNT pro earns the best by far out of all his many machines.

#9653 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I wish! I hardly have mine on because of it. I think all they would have to do is borrow one of the lesser vibration trigger (like jackpot) and have it in the MINIMUM option for npmb start. There also isn't any ruble at the beginning of tpmb which is a bit wierd. Now that the crash has been fixed maybe they'll add one.
I'll say though, the existing npmb rumble is probably the most epic in pinball and is amazing in an arcade or bar. The only one I like more is the DE JP feed trex mode. But that is because it fits the theme so well.

NPMB rumble is the most epic of any pinball machine I can think of. People get all excited when it happens. There is a way to tone it down if a person wishes to, by simply changing one of the weight postilions on the vibrator to be either 90 or 180 degree opposite of the other on the shaker motor.

#9656 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Oh right, I forgot about that. I did 90 degree when I installed mine because of your guys recommendations. ...it's still loud. Like rattles my windows loud. . But I do live in a 130 year old home.

Try the next adjustment to 180 and think that will be the ticket to calming your shaker motor, if 90 degree is still too much.

#9660 1 year ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I recently added Insider Connected to my pro, and I’ve noticed that when you start up a game with Insider, whichever Turtle you choose will automatically go back to whichever training level you last played it at. It doesn’t seem to ever back back to level 1. If I press the start button without using Insider all the Turtles will be at Level 1. As soon as I scan my QR or use the home team, the Turtles jump back to whatever the highest level was that you brought them up to previously.
I flipped through the adjustments and didn’t notice any settings to change this.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a setting I missed?

After logging in and before pressing start, navigate to “Game Mode Select” then navigate to “Reset all turtles to level one”.

2 weeks later
#9801 1 year ago

How are you adjusting the shaker? All the allen wrenches that I have that fit in the hole aren't strong enough to turn it at all. Or am I doing it wrong? Already looks like they're a little offset. But it sure makes a rattle when it goes off. Looking to tone it down a bit.
Found a torch screw that fit. It broke. [quoted image]

Those are not offset in your photos. Put heat on the screw to remove lock-tight from the screw to loosen it. This is what it looks like when you’ve set up properly by using either the 90 degree or the 180 degree settings. (See photos below)

Here was my experience which sounds similar to yours, lol.

Remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.
Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way.
Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.
I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent. If I had put heat on the lock-tight to begin with, would have avoided all the hassle.

303426A5-0465-49A2-891F-97B7861FD26B (resized).jpeg303426A5-0465-49A2-891F-97B7861FD26B (resized).jpeg910AA144-14B9-46A5-82FE-976F017135DA (resized).jpeg910AA144-14B9-46A5-82FE-976F017135DA (resized).jpeg9E2F1D6B-1D37-4D2A-A8A5-E67843D1BED9 (resized).jpeg9E2F1D6B-1D37-4D2A-A8A5-E67843D1BED9 (resized).jpeg
#9810 1 year ago

Thank you for the tips.
My weight doesn't have a hole on the side like yours does.
Mine both look like the one on the left where there isn't a hole on the side.
Did you drill one?
[quoted image]

No didn’t have to drill the side hole. If you don’t want to drill, then your only option is to put one weight 180 degrees opposite the other one. That will tame your shaker motor quite nicely and you won’t have to drill a side hole.

#9820 1 year ago

TMNT is much more satisfying for the long haul of homeownership.

#9827 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

In my country this machine is very undervalued... the second-hand ones are cheaper than other titles like deadpool, gotg etc... etc.... Even so, I have reserved a new one at my dealer for the end of November .... if I find a cheap used one I will buy it and if not I will wait for my reservation to arrive hahahaha

Too bad a few morons have mislabeled one of the best layouts ever made as problematic. TMNT is an a-symmetrical layout to the right and most do not get that. They claim to want a different layout other than a fan and when Borg has presented them with exactly that, they say it is drain heavy on the left, lololololo! Only because most don’t understand the brilliance in geometry of an a-symmetrical design. So buy up the bargains from those that don’t get it, for cheap. There will come a time, this machine is highly sought after. TMNT is an evergreen property and has legs.

#9831 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I certainly hope you are correct. Seems like Keith is king right now and so other games are being ignored in favor of his. They say Turtles is a drain monster, but I drain far more on JP. That machine is unforgiving.

I’d take my TMNT code over my JP code any day of the week. TMNT is fun, with lots of toys to interact with. JPs layout is nice, but code is somewhat monotonous trudging through paddock after paddock and then back again, with some very tight shots. You’re right it’s more of a drain monster than TMNT. JP is a tougher shooter imo too.

#9833 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Yet, number 4 on the top 100. Turtles is struggling to hold onto 45 at this point. I still think that not all turtles owning pinsiders have posted their ratings and if they have, they haven’t updated it since the major code update. #turtlestopten.

Shows how truly faulty the “false 100” really is. It’s in vogue to rank anything Elwin does as high and most anything Borg does as a beat down game. Even though very quiet and reserved Borg is every bit the designer Elwin is and has been at it longer. Pinside is very biased toward the current popular person and he does stellar layouts for sure. Owners of old relic games also seem to have a strong motivation to beat down modern games, lol.

#9839 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

TMNT and Mando are my favorites and yet the Top 100 doesn’t reflect it. I sold my GZ Premium and feel it isn’t as great as people make out. Top twenty for sure, but not top of all time. I just feel the top 100 is too subjective of a topic. Maybe a top 100 for different aspects. Like a top 100 for shooting, or code, or to 10 music pin.
Maybe pinside could be a little proactive and come up with some different topics to rank the pins in

Pinside false 100 is an owners con game. Always ranking according to what they own instead of the merits of the game. TMNT and Mando are two of my favorite and anyone else that truly tries them out. But the old timers puppy guard their relic properties quite intensely and do everything they can to put down new games. Hard for the old timers to give recognition to the 21st century tech, while stuck in the last century of low tech, scarcely coded games, meant to play for 15 minutes, not home ownership, lol.

#9852 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Left outlane drain.

On purpose, since this is an unusual stellar A-symmetrical design to the right, so left outlane will punish bad shots draining there from a right centric layout. If we didn’t have that, this game would be a very long player.

#9856 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ive owned my TMNT since August 2020 so I think I can say I know the game quite well. And I feel that 45th overall is more than fair for this game. After a quick glance of the games listed ahead of it I feel there a definitely games worse than it: Alien, Mando, GNR, Ghostbusters, Hobbit, to name a few. But the thing is, favourite machines are entirely subjective and the ratings are ultimately meaningless. Thats why I appreciate it when people provide proper reviews with descriptions of how they feel about the game and why, rather than arbitrary numbers by which to rate a games "quality." I dont think there is some broad conspiracy to under-rate TMNT and I certainly don't feel that other people "just don't understand it" or anything like that. The game simply doesn't have a lot of depth to it and I feel it could be vastly better than it is with some balancing of objectives and scoring. To say people are looking to "put down new games" or are used to "scarcely coded games" doesn't really capture why TMNT has the reputation it has.

Would I like Dwight Xaqery to fix the things you suggest and make it even better? A resounding yes! You have some great ideas! But come on, 45th? Honestly that is a travesty for a game that has almost everything going for it and I’ve owned it from the beginning as well. Yes, there is more of a manipulation than you’re willing to acknowledge. I could sight all kinds of examples on the false 100 of heavy manipulation. Think you’re missing the point of a lack of understanding of an a-symmetrical design not being widely understood by the community. And yes, there is a huge tendency to put down new games and keep old relic games up in the false 100. Huge effort there you can’t deny. How many morons gave TMNT a 1.0 to keep it down because they hate Stern and want to keep their beloved old machines high in the ratings?

Elwin is untouchable so his games stay up in the false 100, but even he has had them slamming AIQ unfairly to keep the old relics of the past up in the top spots. Come on 2052 ratings on MM??? That’s not heavy manipulation??? The way pinside sets up their rating system begs for people to do this. Bring out MM as a modern no name, non-IP game with no nostalgia attached and see where they rank it. Yes, it would be way down the charts, just like AFM or MB would be. George Gomez the designer of MB is stunned it’s ranked so high and so is Brian Eddie the designer of both MM and AFM. He’s designed 2 games arguably even better in the modern era at Stern and they both have been panned by pinside. Brian could do no wrong while at B/W, but since he’s been at Stern, he can’t do much of anything right and has “lost the magic” he once had according the the pinside crowd. Again heavy manipulation going on here.

Great effort has gone into puppy guarding favorite old relics from the past by the owners of those games and fond memories from players of 30 years ago, playing with their buddies. TMNT is the most popular game in almost any arcade it resides. Just ask the operators. Way more attention than AFM, MM and MB or most any of the other 44 games ranked above it. So yes, TMNT has been unfairly pounded down to 45th by those people, in the large Stern hater crowd found here. Our view or desire for more code is not a factor.

#9865 1 year ago

Many good points ”dudes”, enjoyed reading your comments, Cowabunga!

#9871 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Id love if the select mode on TMNT was changed to being able to select it with flippers while the ball is locked.

This is a good idea to have flippers able to select modes. Would give more control and allow different pathways. I know you can hit X targets, but that is a tough way to do selecting, with SDTM danger.

#9897 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's definitely on just tiny bit. It's noticeable when everything is dark. Seems like voltage leaking somewhere. Anyone know how to diagnose the issue?
[quoted image]

Most likely a node board issue. I had dimly lit lights always on. Pizza light, Cowabunga light and purchased a new node board and problems gone now.

2 weeks later
#10006 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Got my turtles about 2 weeks ago. It’s hard to stop playing it but when I did something just appeared. Spot the difference!
[quoted image]

Where did you get that channel 6 news building?

2 months later
#10291 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I had a solid 10 freezes last night, couldn't start a game no matter what I did. IC or not. I will try to unplug the headphone station and see if that does anything. I'll report back.

Reinstall a fresh image of the code with full restore/install. Save your data prior to doing this.

1 week later
#10329 1 year ago

Enjoy reading everyone’s impression about our fab TMNT game.

There is another popular animated game out there that just showed for the first time game play. Congrats to them, code looks cute so far, but the game play is a borefest. There is literally not much going on in the game. Shoot up the center only to have the ball disappear over and over again, half way up the PF. Then rinse repeat same boring shots with not much to do in the upper PF. Has nothing like what TMNT has in the game at all, except a bash head in upper PF.

After watching that game play stream, sold all over again how superior TMNT plays and shoots, when compared to other game offerings.

Contrast TMNT game play, an evergreen property that will only grow more valuable as time goes by. Who doesn’t like ninjas? This is not just a theme only kids can enjoy, but us adults really have fun with too. Certainly the difficulty in shot geometry at times indicate its an adults game. Shots galore all over the place with incredible multi level ramp ball flow. So many mechs in the game to enjoy. Spinning left and right magnetic pizza disc. Pizza disc also turns during game play to deter balls from going SDTM. Ball lock pizza parlor. TMNT van dumping four balls onto playfield, creating turtles jumping from van into a fight. TMNT glider changing direction for ball traveling down the sewer system to strike next villain. Lair lock shot is very fun to begin training ninjas. Talking animated lit up Krang toy drawing player into immersive game play even more. 8 ball MB simulating 4 turtles fighting 4 foot soldiers. Ball flow on TMNT is superb with combos all over the place. Super fast flowing layout. Did I mention the ball is always in view and never gets lost as it constantly does on the game just newly streamed?

Now Dwight, please consider cleaning up the areas that are glitchy during Krang’s speech for example. This is a stellar coded game, other than a few more bugs being squashed. Glad Xaqery Dwight said he doesn’t consider TMNT done yet. He does such a great job on coding our games. Good idea to show toppings more prominently and longer. That’s a part of the game I’m just beginning to get into.

1 week later
#10358 1 year ago

July 2022

My comment to Dwight; If scoring were to be somewhat revamped like other Stern games, giving score balance for completing most games in the 100mil plus category, TMNT would get proper recognition as a top ten game.

Dwight’s reply, “Turtles will never get that large of an update. Thats much bigger than I am guessing you know.”

My reply to Dwight: Thanks for the reply and anything you can do would be appreciated. (He gave us episode scoring boosts after this comment) We love your work on the game. At least could we get the option to play NPP like before in the menu? (Which he gave us)

Have since come to realize TMNT’s scoring is unique and different in a good way. Dwight has said after that communication, he does not consider TMNT done, so think we will see more update, squashing bugs, etc.

#10369 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Pumped to be back in the club! Had a pro a year or so ago...
Just traded for a prem and love it. Such a blast. Waiting on a wifi dongle to piggyback of my Bond for the inside connect.
[quoted image]

Looks good there. What an awesome game TMNT!

#10394 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

me again,,, ok reading all this preminum bashing,,,,,say it isnt so please ???? have one commming saturday,,,,just learned it has insider connect,,,,should i not set it up and do any codes manually ??? my first stern,,,,can code up dates be done manually with a USB drive like on my houdini ???i thouhgt due to the ( price/deal ) im getting i thought this game might of been older sittign around,,,appears its not as old stock as i thought,,, i have no interest in keeping track of any games on the internet,,, i still work full time 12 hour shifts wont get played a ton tilll i retire,,,,,,,so any real advantage to setting up the insider connect ?????? any info woudl be helpfull,,,,,,thansk in advance

Sorry all you Pro owners, but premium is superior in every way. Yes big differences not being mentioned by pro owners are for example: 4 turtles pour out of van to fight 4 foot soldiers, which come up out of the sewer (launched 4 from the trough, lower ball holding area, while van is unloading from the 4 balls placed from upper area in the van) in a rare 8 ball MB, which feature no other Stern machine has. Lock in Lair only on premium, really helps in accomplishing goals the pro doesn’t have.

Yes, glider makes big difference on game play, like allowing slower shots to middle ramp by setting up shot via the glider. On pro have to do dangerous work arounds for starting modes, making mode shot setups much easier via the glider. Pizza spinner multi directional for random ball game play and keeping ball from SDTM during play, turning it safely to either the left or right flipper. Dwight spoke about what a big accomplishment that was to program into the premium because it is multidirectional, where the pro is not.

Talking Krang toy adds so much immersion from the TMNT universe into the game, it can’t be under estimated. Extra toppings not on Pro too adds for better point scoring and mode completion strategy. As stated, being able to use glider to start modes is much less dangerous by safer switching between flippers from the glider and is worth the upgrade in getting to Cowabunga. Yes, you made the right decision on the premium hands down and by far worth the extra money, even though the pros are good too, there are big differences making the value added worth it on the premium. Don’t kid yourself.

#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

hey thanks,,, we played a pro and loved it,,,,didnt do any research tilll after the deal was made,,,,we were going for a cactus canyon,but tmnt preminum fell in to my lap,,,,new in box,has inter conect so its not old stock as i thought, delivered this comming weekdn for 8400 and the seller /dealer,,,,is going to install a shaker for that price,,,,and we made a deal for a new cactus canyon,,,,,about 3 months,,,, i was looking at lightly used ones,,,,but ill need the time to get the cash together for cactus so dont mind waiting,,,,, the title seems like its for kids,,,but we are both at retirement age just gettign back in to pinball,,,,,so we will have a houdini,,,,,tmnt,,,,cactus canyon,,,and older gottlieb strikes and spares,,, in the 1990s i lived out side chicago and bought refurbished in 1994 addams family,,,and creature,,,,,sadly both were sold years ago before we had internet and this price explosion,,,,so paying 2100 for an addams and 2400 for creature,,,, the prices today took me a while to swollow,,,,id really like a monster bash,,,but out of my pricing,, i think tmnt will be a blast thanks every one

Congrats on a steal of a deal on a TMNT premium. You did quite well! Can’t believe it went for that low. CC is an old nice shooting relic of the past, but you might go to a place and shoot it more. Everyone I know that has had CC, gets rid of it after boredom sets in. I wouldn’t make this statement in the CC club thread, but can here in our TMNT club. Its a bore fest with such shallow code with not much to do in the game compared to a deep player like TMNT. CC was made to plunk a few quarters in for 10 minutes of fun, but not for long term home ownership. TMNT on the other hand was made for HUO, with many ways to play the game, with 4 choices of turtles and multiplayer extravaganza. CC has none of that and is quite simple after hitting Black Bart only so many times and seeing the train move a few inches right and left. Not much else there. Strikes and spares is more fun, because of the premise of the game. Houdini is a tough shooter, because of tight shots, but you probably already know that. It does have a lot going on in the game although.

#10400 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

lol,,,thanks i have played it briefly at the pinball shows,,,it seemd fun and its new and made welll,,,,cant bite the bullet for a monster bash,,,only other games we seem to like you will laugh,,, me and my wife both love wheel of fortune,,,,but we have had 2 sellers back out recently for one reason or another,,,,thats how we came to tmnt,,,,only other game we seem interested in that we can efford,,,is road show,,,one really clean oen got away,,,,and spiderman vault,,,there are other games that are fun,,,,but not a theme we like,,,id love to play an elvis pin and see how it is,,,,but so far for a new one price point and build quality would be the cactus,,,,thanks for saying we got a steal of a deal

I think I’d be saving my money after TMNT for upcoming Jaws or Indiana Jones, debuting next year. Not that far away and you won’t have to get rid of CC, which will not fair too well in the 2nd hand market, I’m sure. It looks good, but no substance. Would hold off on MB too. My friends MB, we played through 3 times in one playing session. He said, well, going to have to make that tougher somehow or get rid of it, lol. Wheel of fortune was designed by Dennis Nordman, if I recall correctly and might be more interesting than the others you mentioned, if you’re into WofF. But I’d still hold out for either upcoming Jaws or Indy.

#10410 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Are you talking about CC OR CC REMAKE I agree on CC but the remake I think is pretty good it’s really a fun pin that anyone can really play plus they are going to add more to it. Now the premium tmnt is great but the pro is just as good in my opinion and really want little difference between them I couldn’t at the time see paying for the premium but I love my tmnt u are right it’s a fantastic pin. Hey one more thing Thunderbird u still got your Munsters I’m still loving my premium.

Yes, still have Munsters and will never sell it. Such an outstandingly coded game, with awesome ramps, etc. Another amazing Borg/Dwight game pinside bashed early on and now people are finally discovering its so enjoyable too! Try and find one, TMNT will be the same phenomenon. Prices will rise on TMNT soon, now that it’s out of print and the naysayers discover it’s so fun!

#10411 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

If you want to play starting at level 1 of course that is easy too - just don't login to IC.

Good explanation, but if you want to erase all turtles perks and login to IC as well, just select your IC name, then press right flipper button to game mode select, then navigate to erase all turtles levels. Start new game at stage 1 for any turtle, using IC.

1 week later
#10453 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Does anyone know if there’s a purple LED flasher available for these new Stern flashers? The Donatello dome near the slings looks very pale and washed out compared to the others. I was thinking about putting a purple gel over the light but was wondering if anyone has changed this up? Thanks!

PinMonk sells colored replacement flasher domes. Think they come in green and red.

#10486 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Not cool Justin. Donating the min., stealling my hard work, doing some superficial art changes, not saying anything back to me , then selling it. This is why I was reluctant to share them in the first place.
This guy (Ninja2bseen) begged me for my original files too and said repeatedly that it was just for him. Please lmk anywhere else this guy is trying to sell these.
...and it's not even done yet, so if anyone buys from Justin, they'll be getting a draft copy. Anyone (except Justin) who donated to me will get a high res copy of the new cards when I update them.
And to remind people there's a free med. Res copy here in the message board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/189#post-7144677
Free versions:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Free to print and use. ...I just ask you don't sell them. ...I can't believe I have to say that.
Anyways, if you like and want the high res ver. please msg me and buy me a beer (that i frequent often since they have an awesome lineup ( Cabin Fever). (Please mention if you're Canadian, because etransfer is cheaper than paypal).
I put a lot of work into these cards, and I'm still working on them. Next I'm planning on an updated ver (the rules have changed since this one) an advanced version and a prem/le ver.
I'm not printing them out yet and selling them outright because they have copywrited material. Especially zombie yettis awesome work. The "beer" is for my weeks ...months with the new updates... of work and thought into the instructions, layout, and tutorial info. I love this game and wanted this for myself. People asked to share and this is the best I came up with in this gray area. I might do a version with my own custom art replacing ZY's to print and sell. Until then the high res file I send out has instructions how to print it out.
The free versions are meant to have the green border cut off. They are just green so it hides if you don't cut straight. ...but do whatever you like of course.

We appreciate what you’ve created for such an awesome game. It is not cool ninja2bceen “shop lifted” your efforts. Just wish we had another way to donate to you rather than paypal. Does one have to be Canadian to use the etransfer system or can anyone use it?

#10492 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Whoa this came out of left field. Sorry for posting. I felt like I heavily modified the high res that I paid for. I can provide a change log if that would help. The right side was virtually redone. No I’m not selling these anywhere. I was proud of the modifications that I made, yes the system j card were used as inspiration. This is a limited run for this week only, no plans otherwise to do anything with them. It’s not like I donated, then did nothing with them and asked for a donation for the same cards? I was clear in my post that I used another card for inspiration. Spent 10 hrs of work modding them. I’m sorry If this made anyone upset. If anyone donated to the cards I heavily modified I have no problem giving it back but if you still want the ones I heavily modified I still plan to cut them and deliver this week. There are no long term plans otherwise. Hope you can forgive — no one is striving riches here over instruction cards just to be clear. I have no problem returning donations, just ask.

Instead of refunding money to people who falsely donated to you, the better thing to do would be to take your received donations and give them directly to System-J for all his hard work on the cards. That would demonstrate a real repentance on your part, if you are true to your word and do/did not want to rip System-J off.

As a club we should all want people to freely share their efforts with us, which make our games better. System-J obviously put a lot of thought and work into making the difficult to understand rules, much easier. We should support people who do that. I for one hope System-J will do other game cards too. They make it more fun when you’re not just shooting to get to the next episode but understand more fully what you’re doing along the way. TMNT is a great deal more fun understanding the intricacies Dwight programmed into the game. More ways to approach scoring and takes away the linear feeling of just completing episodes, which TMNT is a great deal more than.

2 weeks later
#10591 1 year ago

TMNT by a country mile, although GOTG is good too. But TMNT is the better of these 2 Borg games.

#10594 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Is there a way to disable the turtle leveling up feature save in insider connect?

Hold both flippers in and choose reset TMNT leveling up.

2 weeks later
#10645 11 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Flying home from TPF. TSA pulled me out of line for this. They had to call the manager.
[quoted image]

Shows what ooffs and idiots: TSA morons can’t think for themselves. Toys no less! Thousand Standing Around = TSA.

#10675 11 months ago

Honestly, just learn the shots and it’s not a tough shooter for trap up players. Slap shooters yes, tougher because of posts closer to the flippers, but not difficult by just trapping the ball, aim and shoot. Fun exciting code, with different ways to approach the game. I just tell newbies to trap up, then shoot and they love it! TMNT is an evergreen IP and Dwight loaded this game with code. Fastest shooter from upper flipper in pinball. Backhand left/right ramps and it’s so easy! Don’t get why people think this game is hard, unless the player is flailing away?

TMNT is loaded with toys, with great shots. Backhand TMNT lair to enter 90% of the time.

Hint: Pizza toppings locked in for NPMB and pict-o-pops strategy make this game different and comes alive like a board game. Few players realize the brilliance of this part of TMNT. Also, if modes are selected in an advantageous way, game is a great deal more fun.

Xaqery do hope you fix speech of Krang in certain areas, where he skips/stumbles through words.

1 week later
#10705 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Right on. I'm a borg fan so I'm looking forward to it. I hear people don't like the game for reasons but it seems to have a good following. I'm not a huge fan of Dwight code, but maybe this game will turn it around. *fingers crossed*

What’s not to like about this game? Maybe people who don’t take the time to learn the shots think lesser of TMNT? Dwight certainly put a lot into this code. Once people fully realize the pizza topping choice strategies are important to get more out of the game, it becomes more interesting. Same with keeping ball in Pic-to-Pops to increase awards, to name just 2 of many cool code features.

#10709 11 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Any operators still have TMNT on location? How is it doing?

Our local operator says TMNT is his best earner amongst his 4 locations. By far the most popular IP and players love how fast it plays, he added.

#10720 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone interested in these ooze tubes? Asking $55 shipped each or $105 shipped for both. They were installed on both left and right wireforms.
They're $65 + shipping new from the mod maker.
Original post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-mod-thread/page/2#post-7212046
[quoted image]

Sorry, but can see why you removed them, they’re hideous.

#10723 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I mean, they look fine in person. In general, I don't like mods that cover wire forms. I like to be able to see the ball path. Lots of people like them, I'm just not one of them.

I’m with you, but sure there are those that like them, like you say, but not a fan of the look of 3D printed items.

1 week later
#10761 11 months ago

I'm super excited to get the April code installed. What Scandell created looks absolutely amazing. BTW I noticed Scandell sold his TMNT (I had considered buying it but someone beat me to it) Hopefully that doesn't mean the TMNT code mod is done at the current version...

Does the April mod work with IC yet?

#10771 11 months ago
Quoted from System-J:

Oh, I forgot to mention, if there is a Mr. Scott A and a Mr. Philip H. reading this and you're thinking of buying the new cards, please contact me first. I'm offering anyone who donated for the old high res cards a coupon for the amount they donated. I emailed everyone else, but for you guys I had only your names but couldn't link them to an email.

Yup, just open that wound again, just twist that knife a little. (At least guys like you might understand the watermarks on my images, I'm trying to learn my lessons, but also knowing it probably makes me look paranoid, oh well).
[quoted image]

Thanks for your hard work @system-J! You reignite enthusiasm for our fab TMNTs! Making Dwight’s awesome rules easier to understand and apply. TMNT is not a shallow game (as antagonists like to muse), but coded depth, with the kitchen sink thrown in to boot. Hoping you do one of Dwight’s other popular games next, Mandalorian. That apron really needs something better than the Stern stock monotone gimped cards, with in-depth rules explanation, System-J does best. Just ordered TMNT XL for TMNT LE!

1 week later
#10808 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Not a member, but took the family to see Dungeons and Dragons (Honor among thieves) yesterday, and we all loved it! It was a pretty small house and they showed the new TMNT trailer done ala Into the Spiderverse style. When it was over my 7 year old boy said loudly, "That looks bad!" and got a house laugh. Judge for yourself.

Agree with your boy. This looks bad on so many levels. BTW, April is not African American. That is super bad trying to change April to someone completely different. The turtles cursing is also a very bad look for our beloved franchise. Hollywierd only messes things up nowadays by always worshipping at the PC alter. This film just may bomb imo. Come on Nickelodeon protect the franchise, don’t ruin it!

#10814 10 months ago

I’ve noticed on TMNT new code update, bug fixes that I’ve asked Stern recently to address. Namely Krang speech distortion at times. Now Krang does not distort animated Krang with speech during cut scenes. That’s a big bug fix, since it’s always been there till now in the updated code. Thanks Corey and Dwight!

1 week later
#10823 10 months ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I recently got a nice TMNT Pro, but have noticed one of the insert lights is always lit. You don't notice it during gameplay and it lights up correctly, but when the game is booting up or at the end of the game when the GI is off it is really noticeable that it is not going full off. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Bad node board cause lights to stay on. Replacement part #520-8446-00A for our TMNT game: that has a known issue. Stern was replacing boards under warranty. Here is the part number of the board that is causing lights to stay on: 520-8446-00A (check if that light is on the same node board as cowabunga light and pizza slice light) I’m traveling, in a hotel so can’t check it.

Mine is an LE and way out of warranty, so I had to buy the replacement board. Lights stay off now and all works as it should after replacing the board. Your situation looks the same as all the rest of us that had lights staying on from defective node boards.

1 week later
#10836 10 months ago

I have an idea for a custom topper and was wondering if the Stern topper has lights that flash with the game play?

Extensive.

Per Dwight:

Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more

In the attract mode:

1 week later
#10884 9 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Lol. So much for my wife's LE then

We debated this many pages ago. Pre/LE in every way is the best experience you can have, since it has all the elements in it the way Borg designed TMNT to be fully enjoyed.

Pre/LE only features:
Talking Krang draws player into the realm of TMNT.
Lair ball lock
Integrated glider lane changing is key
Pizza disk turns both directions with programmed ability to keep SDTM from happening (Dwight said a great deal of programming went into this feature to make it work and is a feat in pinball).
TMNT van integration dumping 4 turtles out of the van in a foot clan fight…awesome! Only 8 ball/MB experience for any game. 4 balls out of the van and 4 balls come up out of the sewer in the fight against Krang/Shredder/BeBop/Rocksteady/Baxter/etc. (great fun!)
LE integrated artwork is one of the best of any game ever made. So good ZY was recruited by Nickelodeon as one of their main goto artists for TMNT.

Pro is good, but Pre/LE blows it away in actual gameplay experience and worth the extra money. TMNT is so underrated and is one of the best combo/flow games in existence. Back handing shots make it doable, with great code. TMNT is an evergreen IP and is usually the biggest draw in any arcade or home environment. Stellar game with many ways to play it. Plus added separate bonus game of turtles half shell challenge race. Differences all added up are huge versus Pro. Although Pro is a great game too.

2 months later
#11089 7 months ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I still haven’t even been able to play a Prem/LE. I throughly enjoy the pro though. My gf and I purchased one last month for a sweet price of $5200. It offers fast paced pinball action and a challenge every time! Also love the half shell challenge as I feel it helps practice the timing on the shots! I have noticed that the price on TMNT does seem to be creeping up slightly, which is odd considering a lot of the secondary market is slowly beginning to soften.

Price for TMNT is in an upward trajectory because it has legs. Many people are now discovering how great of a layout it really is for the first time. Score balancing is in the code, just different from other games so it’s not well understood. But if played in a vacuum no one would think it’s somehow unbalanced. Discussed this with Dwight and they were going for the look and feel of an old B/W era game scoring wise, not a Batman that scores in the billions.

#11090 7 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Ghostbusters was the same way, people poo-pooed it and then once ti was not made it doubled in value. and was also a hard but super fun game.

Do think TMNT a great shooting evergreen title does have the chance of doubling in value now that it’s no longer made. It has everything going for it. Lots of toys, great art, fast different 3 level layout and code/callouts; it has it all!

5 months later
#11710 60 days ago

TMNT continues to remain one of my all time favorite titles. It has it all. Great code, game play is fast, not too hard (in fact don’t know why its got a reputation of being a tough shooter - learn where the shots are on the flippers and its rather on the easy side). The brilliant work by Dwight to keep the pizza spinner rotating when the ball is about to go SDTM, by flipping it side to side is awesome. TMNT is never tiring and always has that one more button push feeling to it. I’ve set all modes to “easy”, so that also helps the games a great deal imo. I’ve got a TMNT LE. It has the look and feel of an old B/W game, but with modern deep code.

Cabal’s efforts on TMNT are greatly appreciated.

#11718 55 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TMNT all print money at my location. If Jaws does the same, consistently over a long period of time he can be welcomed into the earners club too lol

(Discussion from another thread that is more suited here.)

I’ve heard this from my operator friends, that TMNT is the best earner on location. I love my TMNT LE, its tops in our home. Such a fun underrated game, that more people are discovering now. It’s been blown out of proportion that it’s a “tough” shooter. After owning it since 2020 the year it came out, can attest, it’s not even close to being a “tough” shooter. Simply learn where the shots are on the flippers and it’s a sonic jet fast game. Can easily get through all episodes in one game, but have never been to “cowabunga” yet, lol. So that is tough. Before Dwight changed NPP to actuate after first training achievement, never saw that either.

#11719 55 days ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

The debounce setting is the number of milliseconds that the sensor will wait before triggering another tilt warning. After that time passes, the tilt bob is able to trigger another warning. Stern recommends 750ms for tournaments. I guess 1000 is factory default. If you want more time to let the tilt bob settle, increase the number value for that setting.

Glad to know this, as I too have always wondered about that. So if I increase the debounce setting to 2,000, it will allow my tilt bob double time to settle down before it does it again?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.