(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thomas3184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago

Waiting on the pro, my first pin.

#28 3 years ago

But we would have it in our home already lol

Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Only reason the code is so far along is because of covid. Had there been no covid the game would have shipped barebones and under .70 like most of thier titles.

#73 3 years ago

I would gladly sign an NDA to get one in my home.

#100 3 years ago

What does everyone do with old glass when you replace with hd glass?

#116 3 years ago

I’ll have to play with the standard glass and see how it is in my room and spring for HD glass later if it is too bothersome, thanks!

#173 3 years ago

Isnt that just the pop bumpers cycling till you get a match 3 for the actual reward?

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone can explain to me how the naming of code progression works? Like 1.01... I never understood this since it seems those are just numbers- including marketing strategies. From what I understood 1.0 means the code is somewhat "finished".
I was looking at the new DF stream and saw all those dispaly errors, always when there are multiple awards like add-a-ball or bonus held...
how can this be 1.0 code? This was the case also on the reveal stream, its such an obvious bug.
just compare this to the JP 0.9 code, seemed to be much more polished.
and another thing, why is the theme song so redundant... repeating it self over and over again in so many ways aaaarrgh
it weakens the impact of the themesong in the important parts like MB... that could have been such a magical moment.
beside that, the game looks very nice, the flow looks so goooooood
[quoted image]

#256 3 years ago

They all look nice, not a deciding factor for me amongst any of them.

#297 3 years ago

A pro on the resale market already lol.

#301 3 years ago

I know, that’s what I’m saying, it sucks to have to sell something your just bought. That was more of a shake my head in disbelief chuckle about the whole situation.

#308 3 years ago

I want that whole lineup!

Quoted from holden1090:

Just got our TMNT PRO!!
[quoted image]

#467 3 years ago

I’ve heard that complaint. They might change that in a code update.

Quoted from V8haha:

Does 123 foot bug anyone else?
I’m constantly trying to progress towards a mode or multi ball and the ball rolls over 123 foot.
When that’s running you can’t progress towards anything else. So annoying!
You should be able to still hit the ramps and work towards lighting an episode.
Stern please look into this!

#491 3 years ago

123 foot locks you out from starting things, but if those things are already running it should let you stack.

This is my recollection from watching streams.

Quoted from billrz:

Sounds like the 123 foot is the same type of annoyance that the loopin supers mode on GB does . And that was put into the new code! ... I hope they figure it out. The amount of times I’m trying to finish a mode only to have looping supers start and everything else stop and immediately drain trying for supers is crazy. I just time it out now. Stern please fix before I get my le. Lol

#494 3 years ago

How’s the stern mat compared to titan?

Quoted from rodcom:

Turtle power LE 239!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#605 3 years ago

The faster y’all get your LEs, the faster I get my pro, so I wish you the best.

#663 3 years ago

My distro just told me they are starting to build more pros now so they must be done with LEs. Depending on how many pros they are making now, could be prem on the line next week.

#849 3 years ago

Nah, they will send you a piece of metal with adhesive on it to place there. Problem is already solved no need to do development.

Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Hopefully stern sends us all a ramp with a legit built in metal piece. 9k and we have to install metal piece with tape.

#957 3 years ago

At this rate I would be happy with next week.

Quoted from delt31:

Anyone hearing about getting their pro this week? I haven't heard.... Looking like next week.

#1030 3 years ago

Pro doesn’t have diverter to load van.

Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Is this seemingly problematic diverter only on the Premium/LE version?

#1258 3 years ago

So final battle challenge is kind of like escape nublar challenge?

#1261 3 years ago

Just don’t adopt everything from JP right? Hahaha...

Quoted from iceman44:

I love that in JP. Glad they adopted same idea in Turtles

#1432 3 years ago

New code 1.10 is supposed to do just that right?

Quoted from gawcol:

Small warning (no problem!)
Ok it was late and I immediately paniced, but I'll just tell so you know it's nothing.
After unboxing, I checked everything and before starting to play, I opened my door to put the settings, then suddenly several tech allerts appeared.
Node board 1 no communication, then node board 8, then node board 9...
Immediately took the glass out, checked all connections again, restored factory settings, I went completely nuts...
1 hour later, after I calmed down, I noticed there's the small button again next to the coin door that disables the 48v (they left it out on older spikes).
Pulled out the button and all errors immediately gone.
Just sharing coz when you're excited and unboxing, the easiest solution is not always what you think of first
Actually it would be better if it was in the code that these errors not appear when the buttons disables the 48v
When you're in the setup screen and you close and open the coin door again, these errors come and make you stressssss

#1467 3 years ago

This fast and the furious?

Quoted from FNwoz:

Has anyone done anything with the Turtles van? It would be cool it light up underneath or behind it. Maybe an led strip?

#1680 3 years ago

What’s the build date?

Quoted from freddy:

Just arrived!
[quoted image]

#1684 3 years ago

That is my hope and not a leftover from the first batch.

Quoted from MutterFudder:

Get off pinside then!
But seriously great to see the next round of pro's in the wild. Eagerly awaiting a call from my distributor!

#1689 3 years ago

That seems useful. Anyone else found a need to use this?

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

if it doesn't work you could try this shape, it was made for tmnt
[quoted image]

#1864 3 years ago

DEA, L+R, 4L, 1R, 5L, 1R, 1L, 2R

Quoted from epichoff:

Does anyone know the deadflip code?

#1866 3 years ago

the initial to remember how many left flips, 4,5,1. The other code is ABC.

#1879 3 years ago

Put it in while you are on the attract mode. It will play a short video clip. Press both flippers, then 4 left, 1 right, etc.

Quoted from cldgin2:

What do these codes do and how and when do you put them in ?

#1886 3 years ago

What size washers are correct to put under those ball guides?

#1889 3 years ago

Thanks, so like #10 washers.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I use 0.46 inch (=11,7mm) outside diameter and about 0.2 inch (=5.2) inside diameter.

#2013 3 years ago

That’s some amazon level speed delivery.

Quoted from PokerJake:

Pro just arrived today, build date of yesterday. Flawless playfield and no issues after a dozen or so games. Fun game so far but not sure of its longevity, need to understand the rules better.

1 week later
#2370 3 years ago

Pinmonk sells that flasher cover in the US.

Quoted from FNwoz:

Your machine looks great. Do you have a drain led strip in there. Also where did you get those ramp flasher covers. I think I want to ditch the white as they are too bright. Love the powder coat too. Great work!!!

#2493 3 years ago

Which is ironic because first runs went to location where they don’t care as much.

Quoted from PinMonk:

You can fix the clear pooling. You're stuck with the bad print quality. I'd take soft clear issues over print quality issues all day if I have to pick a defect.
The first run pros will be the desirable ones - good print quality AND mostly or fully cured clear.

#2665 3 years ago

Finally got my pro today. Delayed a week because the driver just plain missed picking up my game lol. I must be the last one to receive a pro. Build date is 7/30, but the playfield is from 5/18!

#2667 3 years ago

Yeah, took half day off after the pin arrived haha.

Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

you must be pumped !!
super fun pinball for sure.

#2759 3 years ago

Game feature adjustment #9 trough eject power, 176 min 255 max.

Quoted from djWHEAT:

Which setting is this exactly in the service menus? I found one that I thought was it, and it was set to a number (260 I believe), what did you end up setting it at? Or am I looking at the wrong setting?

#2779 3 years ago

In diagnostics, the coil for spinner motor is right before the coil for pizza magnet.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Unfortunately there isn't anything in there for the pizza spinner. The best way to test it is start a multiball.
Rob

1 week later
#3044 3 years ago

I do hit this sign sometimes. Would you be willing to make one for me and sell it to me that I can just bolt on?

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yes the left orbit is a brickfest
Luckily I built a airball protector for the right ramp. There was already one person reporting of a broken ramp because of hitting the sign with airballs.
Here is my posting from earlier in this thread including an on-the-fly shot:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3156 3 years ago

Check under playfield, something seems loose.

Quoted from billrz:

Does everybody’s pizza have this much movement ? While it’s not spinning. How am I suppose to level the pizza with the playfield when it has this much movement ?
I can’t add video to this thread, had to upload to YouTube. Is that normal ?

#3216 3 years ago

If you go into adjustments you can add a lair ball save. Put a couple seconds there.

Quoted from JackOfPots:

I'm having a few issues. The first is that after a successful lair shot it often drops into the inlanes and bounces for a left outlane drain. I'd love some advice for that. Can't be intended and feels very awful. The second is that I'm not sure if the glider is working as designed. If I shoot a left ramp shot to try and build glider value or anything really it jerks the glider center and makes it go to the left flipper regardless if I have it on the right side or not. Also on the glider I try to manually calibrate it and can only calibrate the center position? If I move left and right to try and select another position it just chooses center again. It's calibrated much further right than left by default and can't figure out how to adjust it.

2 weeks later
#3606 3 years ago

Just installed PinMonk flipper cooling kit, backhand the crap out of everything now.

#3725 3 years ago

I’ve had this problem too and does appear to be the balls being slightly magnetized. Seems to only happen to me when I take all the balls out to work on the playfield and put them back in. After manually loosening from the ball lock the problem doesn’t seem to return.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just got my Pro yesterday and we LOVE it! One major problem that happened twice already. The balls lock behind the van and the white post pulses too fast and won't allow the balls to drop down through. The machine then displays MALFUNCTION. Shut off machine and back on and the ball search goes on but same problem. Have to manually push down the white post with my finger to release the balls. ANyone else have this issue? I contacted Stern and distributor. Saw someone on YouTube with same problem.

#3832 3 years ago

Did same for my first one too. Just look up how to unbox that’s about it. Cliffy or something for the shooter lane if you care. Come back if you notice anything weird.

Quoted from BrotherSir:

Jumped in on a pro for my first pin. (Im)patiently waiting for it to arrive!
As my first, anything I should know?

#3913 3 years ago

Rubber per the manual is correct except if you have a star post at lair exit, as most people should, that should be 5/16 instead of 3/16

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you just go by the manual (I haven't looked in there yet) and just order the entire elastomer BoM?

Yeah, I haven't figured out what I want to do there yet. Because it's active when completing 1-2-3 Foot, Training, and Weapon, I wanted to put some sais or other TMNT weapon there, but I haven't come up with anything worthy yet.

#3957 3 years ago

So shiny can’t even tell it is there.

Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want the lane guides to shine, you have to remove them and buff them out with red then white rouge. I just took a cheap Harbor Freight grinding wheel and replaced the grinding wheels with buffing wheels. Red rouge on the left, white on the right. You can make lane guides mirror finish, and if you do that and get rid of the grain, ball trails take a LOT longer to reappear.
Here's a ToM I did a long time ago. It really does make the lane guides shine like chrome with a mirror-like finish.
[quoted image]
These days ball trails don't bother me that much, but if I restore another machine, the ball guides get this kind of treatment.

#4002 3 years ago

Most notable difference for me is ninja multiball start.

Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Just installed a shaker on our TMNT Pro.
I still have to update to the newest code?
Is their much difference in it?

#4053 3 years ago

First freeze ever happened at end of turtle power multiball on 1.22 pro.

1 week later
#4242 3 years ago

In your settings it is probably set to auto, it will settle back to 2.

Quoted from joelbob:

Extra ball used to be after 2 modes and now it looks to be after 3 modes in v1.22. When did that change?

#4314 3 years ago

The stern slim tapered posts wore out earlier on my center ramp and right ramp due to many bricked shots lol, less than 500 games I think. My slings seem to be wearing out a little too, flippers seem fine, but I don’t use the low bounce.

Quoted from Yobits:

Thanks, i was thinking about getting both, but seems Low bounce will be better, waiting for LE coming in December, this is first table and its for the wife, i am in Asia so just trying to get everything i need before hand, took a long time reading through this thread lol

Yes that is what i did plan to order, although i didn't see the kit, i now see titan lists them all individually when you search by game....
But after seeing thunderbirds pic the matched colors look great to me
i may get a set of both to see how they look, i will definitely be getting 2 full sets of rubbers so i have full replacements,
are there any rubbers which wear out quicker than others ?
i think some mentioned buying more post rubbers, i assume the thin sterns are what i want not standard, or do they make some difference ?
and can anyone please tell me how many of each size silicone washers are required ?

#4330 3 years ago

I’ve had too many locked balls that were magnetized in there that cause the coil to not lower. Clear the balls out manually and check for magnetism to see if that is your issue.

Quoted from Gahendo:

Tried searching didn’t see anything. Kids turned on my premium and getting an upper lock failure. Anyone else had that? Going to take a look this afternoon.

#4431 3 years ago

They are pretty equivalent as I’ve been told. Easy install, holes are already present in the cab. Just plug connector into board.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

I am a newbie to shaker motors. DO I order Stern or Pinball Life's? Easy to install? Looks like it's worth it on the TMNT Pro from what I am reading here!

4 weeks later
#5009 3 years ago

That’s standard on pro.

Quoted from Soulstoner:

I got a TMNT Pro on Friday and it came with green T moulding already. Did they not before?

1 week later
#5093 3 years ago

That has been brought up as a bug for sure.

Quoted from BrotherSir:

Anyone else have Battle Again carrying over not just from ball to ball, but from game to game? If I end a game with Battle Again lit, then start a new game and choose Leo, it still will keep it lit. So I'm essentially getting the benefit of Mikey AND Leo (or any other turtle).

1 week later
#5156 3 years ago

You hit the 4 turtle shots in during turtle power multiball the right ramp and it gives you add a ball.

#5187 3 years ago

Yeah I used to get failed eject during multi ball with magnetized balls. Take some out and check them.

Quoted from Soulstoner:

During multiball modes, balls are having trouble launching into the shooter lane. To the point where I'm usually stuck with 1-2 balls for the entirety of the mode. Could the balls be magnetized to each other? I'm using the stock balls that came with the machine. Ejecting balls seems fine otherwise.

#5209 3 years ago

The pro has the clear plastic because the wireform is higher, premium shouldn’t have that. Pretty sure that screw should be a countersunk head screw to prevent that though. Wrong screw replaced with plastic protectors installed?

#5214 3 years ago

Promo pics of premium has a different screw there.

Quoted from PinHead50:

It’s the correct screws on a premium. That’s an odd place for the ball to land
[quoted image]

1 week later
#5409 3 years ago

Id buy that for 5100 if I didn’t have one.

#5446 3 years ago

Would still check magnetism. I had that issue, problem was magnetism.

Quoted from Norcalpin:

Exactly like that. So it looks like it's a code thing. I'm still on the original code, hopefully updating to the newest code will prevent this.

1 week later
#5547 3 years ago

1-2-3 foot combo multiplies that value of the spinner.

Bonus hold is free points. You get it now and again later.

Quoted from Soulstoner:

Couple scoring questions:
What does the foot value that is built up via the spinner apply to?
What is the purpose of a bonus hold? It doesn’t multiply with the next balls bonus, only adding to the final total, so I don’t see the point of it.

#5550 3 years ago

Spins build up that value to be awarded when you complete 123 foot. 1x for first part, then 2x,3x for the second and third shot of the combo.

Quoted from Soulstoner:

So every spin grants the value presented on screen cumulatively?

#5558 3 years ago

Aiq you will be placing and moving gems. TMNT is gonna be right up your alley for brutally quick.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Good stuff! I just parted with XM Pro. I'm pretty out of the loop on new stuff.. but I know I need something with 3 flippers. I'm considering TMNT, JP, or IQ. I'm a fan of brutally quick, but think I prefer something a little less demanding on the multiplier side (since I already own SW Pro). Any input on which of those may fit well (since I think you've owned all of them)?

#5600 3 years ago

Oil the pizza spinner if it is loud. Level it if necessary.

Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I just bought a teenage mutant ninja turtles pro. It gets delivered next week. I am wondering if there is a list of things to check that may be problematic on the machine? I’ll do a lot of the typical protections on it like shooter lane and cliffys where needed. Any areas the playfield needs protection other than the normal stuff? Any problems with any of the mechanical things question?

#5644 3 years ago

Generally if you have a shot lit on the center ramp.

Quoted from Pinash:

What conditions cause the outer orbit post to activate? There are a lot of instances where I expect the ball to travel around the orbit, but instead it's caught by the post and dribbles down.

#5707 3 years ago

I used to have it set to 3 but changed to 2 as well. At 3 I can get a quick release, brick the right ramp, drain and still get a ball save.

Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I suggest setting it to 3 actually. Sometimes the ball just comes out slow and has some odd bounces where you don't even have a chance at it. But that's just me.

#5710 3 years ago

Heard other people use titans fine. I have a backup pair from titan I haven’t tried yet since my set from pinballlife is not magnetized after about 1k games.

Quoted from pb456:

Ok, probably going to make some upset - but with the standard Titan balls, they got very magnetized after about 250 plays.
Anyone know any other tricks? Game playing fine besides getting stuck in the pizza parlor.

#5716 3 years ago

You try to flash a new sd card? I had some random power issues too, flashing a new card helped in my case. Only other rampant bug causing this is during turtle power MB. Unsure of exact cause though.

Any known big bugs that make it lose power?? This is my first NIB.
Wondering if there is a bug in this game that makes the flippers randomly lose power then turn on again? It happens frequently. Doesn’t seem to have much of a pattern, at first I thought it happened more when a ball came down the left sling area but now I don’t think so. I’m going to contact support since it’s NIB and just bought it Saturday and this has happened in every game nearly. I think maybe 2 out 25 games didn’t have it happen. We also had the machine dim lights partially and then just freeze with the screen off.

#5725 3 years ago

Okay, i think it’s your interlock switch in the coin door. It should push in all the way and you should hear a click before the door closes all the way. It might be barely and unclicks when the coin door moves slightly. I added a bumper pad to the coin door where it contacts the switch so it engages sooner.

Seems like some of the lights dim too. It’s strange. I had one game where it happened maybe 8 times and the ball doesn’t always drain, it’s like it’s interrupted in power then it comes back and I continue playing. Also have had during Multiball where the game goes dark, drains and screen goes black. Possibly two different issues maybe?

#5773 3 years ago

3 settings I change from default are lair ball save, battle again change with flipper instead of slings, and half shell challenge always qualified.

#5817 3 years ago

Play team up

Quoted from Norcalpin:

How does one re-light pizza multiball?

1 week later
#5985 3 years ago

Check to see if your balls are magnetized, that’s usually the culprit. Replace them with some new carbon steel ones. Titan pinball, pinball life, or ball baron seem to be good.

Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi Everyone!
I am getting an upper ball lock malfunction on my pro.
Sometimes the balls don't come out during Ninja Pizza multiball. Any idea what the problem could be? This just started happening recently, I wonder if a screw came lose or something..

1 week later
#6083 3 years ago

I use 3 in 1 for shaker motor as well as squeaky door hinges around the house.

Yeah the 3 in one is the way to go. Have added it to my spinner a couple times and it seems to really reduce the grinding sound.

2 weeks later
#6240 3 years ago

123 foot and weapon hurryups feel great when I hit it in a combo. I never go for them though, just through playing episodes. Usually this is due to hitting center ramp after right ramp or orbit to get in back on the right flipper. I always do karate chops afterwards because it holds the ball for you to celebrate.

I should try to light battle again and april hurryup after every episode, but I can’t even get to final battle yet so not priority for me.

Got to neutrino pizza party once after training level 3 but doesn’t seem worth it to go after so I haven’t tried getting there since.

Most episodes I got was 6 so still working on that. Came back to this after playing avengers for awhile and it seems twice as fast, can’t even get to team up.

Quoted from shaub:

That's certainly good to hear. I love the game as it currently sits but I feel like a few, mostly minor, tweaks could definitely elevate it to another level. I have so many big and small thoughts and ideas after having played far too many games on it so far.
My general hope would be to add adjustments for Battle Again difficulty and/or adding more opportunity to light Battle Again and to create more scoring opportunities or ways to focus on and build the Weapon Hurry-up, 123 Foot Combo, and Krang Kombo.
I'm curious what everybody else thinks of these modes as they currently exist. I also want to know what all goes into the APRIL Hurry-Up scoring.

#6278 3 years ago

Nope. But you can just go straight to final battle challenge too.

Quoted from CreepyTom:

Is there any point in completing modes if you’re playing for wizard modes and not points?

2 weeks later
#6402 2 years ago

So I'm experiencing a new issue.
The right ramp lock doesn't seem to be working.
During coil tests it does activate. However during the activation of the Turtle Power mutliball or April Hurry Up it no longer stops the ball.
There is some sort of humming noise. But it doesn't activate. The multiball still starts and I get credit for the hurry up. It just doesn't stop the ball to play the animation.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Someone had issue with alignment. You can check that to make sure the coil isn’t hung up.

1 month later
1 week later
#6715 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oiled the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.
Thanks.

Only oiled when I first got it. About 2k games now after a year, pretty quiet still.

#6725 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Has anyone had the issue of balls locking in the lair during ninja pizza multiball, then not releasing? The game tries to find the balls and opens everything except the lair stopper. It does this several times, then says cannot find balls, ends the turn, and releases the lair balls. It's happened to us a few times, but only seems to happen when there is more than one ball in the lair.
Thanks!

I’ve had this problem with magnetized balls sticking up there. You can take them out and put a paperclip or something near them to check. If it is the stern balls that came with the game it was about 200 games to magnetize for me.

#6760 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is an amazing topper in person. I was totally not happy with the gouging Stern price, but the topper is very cool and really completes the look of the machine. Ominous Technodrome sitting atop looking around at you, with the lights just around the Technodrome itself pulsing like it is really alive. Nice programmed effects throughout game play. I had to pay an outrageous AUD$1500 with shipping and reluctantly did it, but glad I did after getting it. Has Stern reached too far up on their pricing and taking advantage of us the customer? Most assuredly and it doesn’t bode well, even though the product is quite good, its not worth their asking price. If it was say USD$500? Yeah, that is the most they should be charging for plastics, control board, LEDs and a servo motor.
I really wish Xaqery Dwight would program the roving eye to move more during game play however. It really moves a lot during extra ball sequence. More movement like that would be good.

Always tempted to buy but 1k is a lot. Sounds like they are making more right now?

#6762 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Thank you! Yeah, super over priced, but I like that it is tied into the software. Gonna pull the trigger!

My distributor has one still, so I went ahead and grabbed it. Looking forward to seeing it on the game. I'll just ignore the price and enjoy the topper

Nice, I’m sure you will enjoy it. Where did you order from?

#6769 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Would order a pro tomorrow if not for the playfield lottery. Any recent purchasers of a pro and playfield quality? I am waiting on a JP premium playfield from stern so my buyers confidence is shot.
Does the pro have good replay value in a 4 game collection?

Good enough for 2 game for me. You should look for a used pro to be sure but haven’t hear any issues lately.

#6771 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Has anyone had an issue with the Pizza Parlor upper lock malfunctioning? It’s not kicking multiball out once three balls are captured. This occurs intermittently. Game is less than two months old out of the box.
Switch part number reference for upper lock 1-3 turns up zilch.
[quoted image]

I know it sounds like a broken record now, but have you checked your balls for magnetism? If it fails to release a few times I recall it throwing up that error.

#6772 2 years ago

Other than that you can check your optos in there to make sure they are lined up.

#6794 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

The regular carbon steel, not the shiny chrome, correct?

Correct

1 week later
#6838 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well I almost bought a nib pro last Saturday. Called my distributor he was cranky, put me on hold for twenty minutes. After that I shelved the purchase.

Time to find a new distro.

4 weeks later
#6995 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I puty level onit last night, and looks like I might have had it off a bit when I initially set it up.
Not the right ramp drains are more fair, but the new one is the drain from the piza parlor. When I miss a shot to the ball lock, it drops out, hits the spinning pizza, and right into the center drain.
Is this punishing on your game too,m I feel like I lose at least one ball every game to this.
Thanks!

I have no drains on either one mine is 6.5 degrees leveled left to right.

#6997 2 years ago

What's the trick to putting up thesebig ass scores?
I got to the 8th battle and had like 36 million!?!?!

A lot of points from multiball. Octopus topping and rollover lanes to get bonus x. If you can get two long multiballs in one ball and bonus hold can get to 10mill in just bonus with episodes completed.

#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Step 1: throw playfield protector in trash
Step 2: play pinball

Unfortunately, I was about to say the same thing.

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Hypothetically, I have two identical TMNT LEs each at the exact same price: $8000 (a steal!). They each have 1000 plays on them. And I'm listing them both at the exact same price. They're both in very nice condition inside and out. One shows minor wear with the expected amount of dimpling for a game with 1000 plays but nothing major -it's been cleaned and waxed every 200 plays. The other one has had a playfield protector on it from day one. It also has been cleaned every 200 days. It doesn't appear to have any playfield wear at all underneath the protector.
The protector is thin enough to cut off with a pair of scissors as soon as you get it home. Which of these two games are you going to buy?

You hypothetically just did nothing to protect resale value.

They both sell at same price to different people.

#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Which of these two pinball machines would you buy? If you said the one without the protector, I suspect you're not telling the truth.
Now, let's say there's a $500 dollar difference in price. Are you telling me you'd buy a useless and overpriced $1000 topper at the drop of a hat, but you're not going to spend an extra $500 to get a nearly pristine playfield? If the answer is yes to this, I again suspect you're not being honest.

I’m saying I could buy either one doesn’t make a difference. If they are both same price and there are two buyers, they both get sold and you just installed a protector which did nothing to protect or increase value.

I’m not buying a useless 1000 topper at a drop of a hat and chose not to buy one still. $500 more for a pristine playfield that when removed is gonna look about the same in a few thousand plays i would not either.

Now of you choose to play with a protector for like 30k plays and then sell it maybe you make some extra, but was that extra worth playing 30k games on a subpar playfield?

#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Its probably there to reduce sdtm:s, but it shouldn't be loose.

That’s exactly what it does for me.

#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but a quick code fix could help immensely if I'm not the only one.
If the LAIR post is up, it will allow a ball to slowly return to the left inlane once it detects the ball and lowers. However, when in a scenario where it has the post down, it can hum through there, hit the rail between the two inlanes (because it had a higher exit velocity out of the LAIR) and bounce into the outlane. My game seems to be set up perfectly, so I think a quick code fix would be a condition where the LAIR post is down and the LAIR switch is hit, left outlane ball save for 2 seconds is lit. The issue in question happened twice last night and really irked me. Anyone else?

There is a setting for lair ball save you can set it to 2 seconds.

#7061 2 years ago

I got 3 EBs in a game... Aside from getting one for 2 episodes, how do you get the others?
I keep getting to the 7th or 8th battle, and could use all the extra balls to eventually beat this.

X number of pizza slices and from the pops.

#7066 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Is EB after 2 episodes standard? I thought default on my Pro showed random or a non-specified number of eps for EB, so I set it to 3. If it's 2 for sure I'll put it back down because yeah, I could use em!

Default is auto which usually is 2 but sometimes goes up to 3. I leave mine at auto.

1 week later
#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Raphael at Level 3 makes your 2X Playfield become 3X, so that can really help. Plus his Level 4 Perk is 3X Episode scoring. I think my biggest scores have come from having 2 huge Ninja Pizza MBs, and getting to Final battle with lots of completed modes plus the playfield X going when I start Final Battle. The other way, is to blow up the "Neutrino Pizza Party" mode (the one you light from getting to level 3). That mode can be super valuable if you are able to consistently hit the 2 orbits and the 2 ramps in order to keep resetting the mode timer.

One and only time I got to final battle I had 94m before starting it with mikey. Most points came from the multiballs and end of ball bonus hold. Get those long multiballs with mondo and super jackpots on 2X. Preferably 2 multiballs on a single ball.

#7093 2 years ago

What's the point of ever using Donatello? First shot to that right ramp starts the multi-ball which is pointless unless you can start a mode first.

For beginners who like multiballs. You have to roll over 123 foot to lock it out of multiball to hit that ramp to qualify mode.

#7110 2 years ago

If you don’t like the game code as is, it’s probably not changing much. Game intent is as designed. Short and sweet with good flowing shots. If you roll over 123 foot, it should be right ramp, center ramp, left ramp, ski pass to turtle van. This completes your 123 foot combo then qualifies and starts the episode.

If you can complete an episode with each multiball, that’s 4 episodes done and you can fail the other 4. 2-3 extra balls and you are at final battle.

#7122 2 years ago

Yeah at a minimum fix the bugs in final battle speech and tpmb freeze.

#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey Guys,
I'm curious as to what power setting you have your flippers at? I recently waxed my game and it was too damn fast. It dawned on me that you could turn the power down and set mine to 217. Any other sweet spots for you guys?

I leave the bottoms default upper 200. It’s fast after cleaning but mellows out.

#7146 2 years ago

Fresh titans will be sticky, it will get closer to stock rubber pretty quickly. They wear out faster and are a little softer though. If stock doesn’t bother you, no reason to switch.

I’d probably switch back to stock once titans broke and I ran out of replacements. That might take awhile though.

I have stock on the posts though.

#7149 2 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

[quoted image]
My sling shot rubbers broke after around 1000 plays. Is this considered normal wear or something to talk about to my distributor? My GoT LE has 1400 plays and no signs of rubber failure..

Probably not normal, but not out of the question and cheap to replace yourself. I wouldn’t bother distributor with such a small problem, only something larger.

1 week later
#7163 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our Titan Post sleeves tore up in less than 200 games... Make sure you keep your Stern tapered original sleeves.. I am confident they will be going back in soon!

Yup, that post takes a beating from the upper flipper.

#7169 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Is there a fix for balls flying off the center ramp habitrail and going out the right outlane? On my pro, every time the center ramp is hit perfectly by the upper left flipper on a combo, it has so much speed it flies off the turn on the habitrail by the right outlane/shooter lane. You go from feeling great about hitting the shot to infuriated about losing the ball in such a cheap way. Please help! Thanks

I haven’t seen that. That wireform is super high there. Is your pitch really high around 7 or something?

#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Does any one have an additional Playfield they would like to sell? My pro was an early build and has some chipping due to the pressure the metal ball guides are putting on the Playfield. This is/may be a bolt to the floor game for me and I’d like some peace of mind to know I have a backup if the Playfield gets rough.

You can get one directly from stern right? Even if the chipping gets worse, it should still be playable if it is really bolted to the floor forever.

1 week later
#7249 2 years ago

Man i have bottom left at default max and can barely bh the left ramp at 6.5 pitch. Have to wax it to be able to.

#7255 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Do any of you let the episode timer run down instead of trying to complete the episode to get progress? I was thinking if I just cradle the ball and let the episode timer run, I'd probably have much better odds of getting to team up and maybe even to the final episode (albeit with zero perks).

I’ll do that if the time is close to done, but time will pause by default if you don’t hit any switches.

1 week later
#7278 2 years ago

I play at 6.5 pitch. Right ramp easily backhand. Left requires a clean waxed game to make it up.

#7291 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Hey guys! My TMNT arrived today and its totally awesome. It's all set up and I also installed a shaker motor.
One issue I'm having though:
Usually during multiball, but I'm fairly sure at least once NOT during multiball, the flippers die, the lights kinda go out, and then it comes back to life. The game continues, its just the flippers and lights briefly. I've only played for maybe 30 minutes. My assumption is something is lose and the vibration from the shaker motor is amplifying it.
Thoughts? Has anyone experienced this? Potential code issue? I've not updated the code or anything but I'd assume it's current if its fresh from the factory.
Thanks in advance!

Two culprits I have found are coin door tab doesn’t firm press in the high voltage switch or bad sd card from stern.

3 weeks later
#7439 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

How are you guys backhanding the left ramp? I've had it for a week and the flipper doesn't have enough power (at 250 default) unless there's energy from the moving ball already. It gets near the top, but then comes back down. My pitch is at 6.5.

255 is default right? I need to clean and wax to get it up that ramp backhanded.

1 week later
#7554 2 years ago

Well that is weird as heck. Stern manual and machine has 2” sling rubbers. I made a rubber kit on titanpinball and bought it with 2” but now my kit says 2 1/4”. They change kits based on response or comments or something?

Quoted from Vermont:

This was an amazingly helpful post, thank you. One question: the manual shows needing a 2" rubber for the slings (id number five), but none of the kits you linked to have ones that size. They do have 2.25", but it seems strange there would be that disconnect. Am I reading something wrong?

6 months later
#8758 1 year ago

Yeah that episode selection was added, but I can’t imagine anyone trying to use those on purpose.

#8775 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

A few weeks back I posted about my Premium not starting a game (post #8670). I made another SD card with the current code on it. That seemed to fix the problem. However, it happened again the other day. The biggest clue that it's not going to start, is that when I turn the game on, Ill hear the music as if I'm adjusting the volume. I have the Stern volume/headphones controls on the coin door. If I simply restart the game it does the same thing. I started to think about this and I opened the coin door and unplugged the volume controls from my add on. Restart the game, problem solved. I then plug the volume controls back in and it all works. It's so random when this happens, but at least I now know how to fix it. I wonder if this is a code issue. I dont think its a cable issue as it does work. Anyone else have the Stern volume/headphone controls on the coin door experiencing a weird issue?

I have pinball life headphone controls and no issues on current code or any code for that matter.

#8778 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I swear every time I play this game I want Pizza

I don’t play and still want pizza.

#8787 1 year ago

Im surprised there isn’t a high score table for impossible mode either since mando has it.

#8812 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

im not ready with my luck i will rip that sucker in 3

That’s what I thought too, but they aren’t really stickers, more like plastic with adhesive on it. I don’t think you can actually rip thrm easily.

#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

What are some settings people are using to ease the difficulty of this game?

Switch battle again with flipper and lair ball save

#8820 1 year ago

I just did team up and had rescue any perk. Is it normal that rescuing one takes you straight to pizza party and completes mode?

#8823 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don't know if it's intended but yes its normal. It's not really 'rescue any' as in still rescue all 3 in any order, it's just rescue 1

I thought it used to be rescue all 3 in any order. Way too easy now. I never completed the mode before.

1 week later
#8857 1 year ago
Quoted from Deepblue89:

Sheesh. That’s disappointing. That means that I would have to complete the hardest level of training three times just to light it. It definitely doesn’t seem worth doing except to chase that Insider Connect achievement. Even then it seems ridiculous. I wonder if I can start logged out and then log in after completing two of the three training stages.

You can reset the level of your turtle.

#8860 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a former pro owner now with an LE, it’s crazy how different that krang loop and center ramp are. The big difference is that it’s much slower coming to the left top flipper. I believe that top right ramp that is unique to the prem LE causes the ball to come in much differently to that top left flipper. I feel much more in control which makes it more fun.
Also what is the skill shot off the plunge? Pro had that in lane skill shot but I don’t see something similar. Is it just the turtle shots?

Yeah, one of the downsides, or benefit? Is that ball doesn’t launch to inlanes so you get less bonus buildup too.

#8890 1 year ago

Also 8 ball multiball

#8915 1 year ago

It’s my first pinball machine. Only got to final battle once so far.

#8956 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Any thoughts of a shaker motor in turtles. I have one and am deciding if I should put it in turtles or zeppelin.

Either hate or love it at multiball.

#8968 1 year ago

It’s been happening since original code basically.

#9004 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone. Thought I’d share something I’ve been working on. This is my 3rd prototype but thinking it’s going to be the one.
Turtle Power ramp airball deflector.
I’m using only the posts for support which has introduced the challenges that made prototypes 1 and 2 not work as well, but what I love about that approach is that it protects the plastic ramp from absorbing damage. Will keep y’all in the loop as I test, but this one feels promising. I should be able to get something on the market soon!

Nice, I do get an airball that hits the sign once in a blue moon if i loop it after an orbit.

#9009 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good, will search the thread, unless someone knows where the reference for the fix is at. Thanks!

This is the post I remember but don’t recall a specific fix. Someone else had a similar problem with different inserts that happened to be a bad node board 8.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/27#post-5760311

1 week later
#9057 1 year ago

Yeah, anymore than 2 seconds seems like I can come out of the lair and brick a right ramp, drain, and still get the ball save.

#9070 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Hi All! Just joined the club yesterday with a Pro. Loving the game but had an issue today where it just shut down (flippers dead, game dark) during a mb and took a long time to reboot. I tried searching in topic but couldn’t find a concrete solution. Is it an SD card issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Most likely sd card, but could be turtle power multiball crash.

#9076 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Has anybody ever turned the game on and it doesn't boot? Had to turn power off and then back on for it to start up.

That’a happens once in awhile.

#9094 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

What’s the big gripe with scoring? I’m not really good enough to put up giant scores so maybe I don’t notice it. I keep reading it’s not balanced, what’s an example?
My biggest gripe is the stupid left outlane, and the strobing when you hit the orbit so you can’t time the upper flipper right. I still think the game is great though.

You can get a lot of points in ninja parlor multiball with the octopus topping. Also draining on purpose on a pro to get balls to launch into top lanes for end of ball bonus.

#9098 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Gotcha, so there’s really only one strategy if you’re going for a high score. I can’t believe they wouldn’t adjust that. The codes not final right?

Code is never definitively final, but it hasn’t seen much change in awhile. It’s pretty mature and complete as it is already though. Imbalance was even worse at the beginning.

1 week later
#9131 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Fking balls!! That’s hard!! Not really worth going for either is it?

Wasn’t even worth it before the change.

#9139 1 year ago

Half shell challenge is great on this machine. I wouldn’t mind if he added something similar to mando. Most times that’s all I play on tmnt now.

#9148 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It happens so fast that you won't notice it until your training gate gets smashed and potentially cracks either the plastic or the ramp where it's attached. What happens is that the ball races up the ramp and gets airborne on its way up due to the sharp angle transitioning from the playfield to the ramp. It quite frequently gets enough air to hit the training gate and its components. Eventually, something will break. This airball deflector mounts to the posts (so no impact on the ramp at all) and keeps the ball on the ramp so that it can't get airborne in the first place.

Happens to me when i combo the right ramp after a right orbit, otherwise it is fine.

#9153 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Am I totally in the wrong here wishing you could have a few options/choices for episode selection?

The two targets on either side of the left ramp cycle episodes if I recall, but I just play whatever.

1 week later
#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

New prem owner here just wanted to say gosh dam this pin is fast when your making your shots whats a good score on this pin ?

100mil is very good. 30 mil I would say is pretty good. 10 mil is standard.

#9164 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

After playing TMNT with Insider Connected for a few months with all the turtles permanently leveled up to 4, I've grown to miss the other Training process modes.
So, I go to look for the setting to reset the turtles training levels with Insider Connected, and I can't find it anywhere in the standard settings or game settings menus. A few people in this thread appear to indicate that a setting for this exists, but if it does, where is it?
Thanks in advance for any direction on this.

You should be able to hold both flippers in before starting a game but logged in. There is an option to reset as one of the selection choices.

1 week later
#9185 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

So I have a HUO TMNT pro. Love it. However I I always thought it was a touch TOO fast. I switched from the stock flipper power settings to 200, 200, 180(upper) and it really smoothed the game out. The shots just feel better to me with the ball traveling ever so much slower. You can’t back hand the right ramp on my game anymore but the forehand feels much more natural. Give it a try, it only takes 15 seconds to change in the menu.
I’m a competitive player and I don’t suck so it wasn’t that. The ball just felt like a laser beam on this playfield with the stock flipper settings and shots didn’t feel great even with it set pretty steep.

6.5 is pretty ideal on this pin. I use stock flipper settings and flipper cooling fans so I can keep backhanding. After a playfield cleaning it is pretty much unplayable, but calms down after a dozen games or so.

1 week later
#9218 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Looks like Stern is discontinuing TMNT. Seems a little early and i can’t imagine it was a difficult license to manage like Led Zeppelin.
[quoted image]

Not too surprising as it is not super popular and was released right after stranger things which was also not popular at the time and recently retired too.

4 weeks later
#9367 1 year ago

You can wear a headlamp when playing.

#9385 1 year ago

It seems complete and pretty straightforward to me. Complete 4 episodes and get mini wizard in the middle. Complete another 4 and get the final battle. And if you are better than most people, complete a handful of side objectives to get cowabunga.

After that, neutrino was added as incentive to get training up.

Additionally, half shell challenge was added which is essentially a training mode for all the shots in the game. There was no need to add this, but he did anyway and we do play it from time to time and my kid loves it.

TPMB crash is the only thing that NEEDs to be fixed, the rest is nice to have.

2 weeks later
#9531 1 year ago

Can we get some confirmation from other Pro owners that they have that on theirs?
I swear I've seen tons of pictures from people troubleshooting things and I never noticed a gate before.
That picture appears to be for a premium.

I also have a gate there on a pro, build date 2020-07-30.

1 week later
#9597 1 year ago

Thank you Xaqery and Corey! This was the thing I’ve been waiting for since launch.

2 weeks later
#9793 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Actively reading through all of the highlights but figured I’d ask.
Anything I must buy, or know with the Premium version?
I’ll be installing the blades, shaker, topper, shooter and pinwoofer kit.
Curious if there’s anything else big or small that might make this game more fun.
I feel like I want to hate it but I know I’m going to love it.

Probably need to buy a new servo motor for the diverter mech. Lot’s of issues with that still it seems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thomas3184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.