(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 3 years ago

We were planning a TMNT pin/1989 arcade party but all bars in Florida got shut down again shorty before we left to get the pin

First impression of the game is VERY positive, I didn’t play enough to get into the rules, but the basics - shot layout, geometry, art, light show etc are superb.

Best light show on any Stern pro and the most loaded/not feeling like its missing anything layout pro since Metallica.

I have some nostalgia for the franchise when I was a kid, but I’m far from a super fan and haven’t seen anything turtles related in probably 15-20 years. I’m glad I took a gamble on this game. Stern absolutely knocked it out of the park with this one.

0F53587A-69AE-4AE4-AD08-F5BD3FEF73E8 (resized).jpeg0F53587A-69AE-4AE4-AD08-F5BD3FEF73E8 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#980 3 years ago

Strictly talking about the layout, I think this is John Borg's new best design. Love the right ramp feed to the upper left flipper, insanely fast. The whole layout just flows and shoots really well.

4 months later
#4833 3 years ago

Anyone have feedback on the Mezelmods' Technodrome mod? Easy to install, worth $80? Looks good from pictures.

2 weeks later
#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Several of us have relayed to Stern that the shaker effect at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball is too severe. Hoping they tone it down in next update or give option to only shut that in a "moderate us" setting. A few folks say they enjoy it, but we have shut our shaker off completely until a fix comes.

Was wondering if I had a cabinet issue. Installed the same shaker motor in AIQ and its fine, I can hear game audio over the shaker and it isnt too much. My TMNT cabinet sounds like its about to fall apart with the exact same motor.

4 weeks later
#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Anyone else having battle again not registering?
Noticed it twice recently, ball 3 both times
Running 1.41 (1987)
BA is lit
Ball 3 goes down that outlane with BA lit
Game over.

Have you tested the BA switch in switch test?

2 weeks later
#5643 3 years ago

Just put the 1987 code on my game and it is the icing on the cake.

I really should be out of the honeymoon phase with this game by now but I like it the more I play it. It’s as hard as BSD, Iron Man etc, but with long term goals. I’m nowhere close to getting to the wizard mode, but it’s fun grinding away hoping to get there eventually.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Can anyone explain the skill shots to me? So we have the top lane plunge which with just the action button will hit it mine about a 3rd of the time (some hit the other top lane, some come down the Krang loop... maybe the occasional bounce back down the right orbit but rare).
We also have the left-flipper-hold which sends it around, but unlike ST, or ACDC, I see nothing lit when I do this bypass. The no-brainer is the Krang loop or the center ramp, but those don't have any fan fare when hit on the plunge. If I let the ball come all the way around the most obvious shot would be the right ramp, but that doesn't do anything either. So is there a super skill shot or not? I feel like I'm plunging around the orbit, just to avoid the time in the pops, but have nothing to go for like I do in so many other Sterns. Am I completely wrong in this? Hope so.

That is one oversight, there is no super/extra skillshot for holding in the left flipper to disable the post. Even without the skillshot, I find the points/reward for the normal skillshot negligible and the risk of the ball hitting a pizza target right out the gate and getting the disc spinning isn't worth it. One of the few things I wish they'd add/change.

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Has anyone reached Cowabunga yet? Is there footage of someone playing through that mode? Seems impossible to reach.

With how difficult the layout is and how many tasks you have to accomplish to get there (not simply being lame and timing out all modes), I think Cowabunga is this generation of pins’ Valinor. Will certainly be a challenge to get there

1 week later
#5861 3 years ago

Over the last few days I finally got around to installing some mods and I'm really happy with the results.

Put in PinMonk’s Mode and Turtle power color gels and Mezel Mods’ training signs, Technodrome and 2 Mutagen container flashers.

It all looks amazing and nothing stands out looking like a mod, like it all should have been factory.

All I was planning on doing further is powder coating the trim and the DIY Krang mod until I saw the really cool custom toppers recently, may have to make my own as well..

A94E562C-F33B-4C4B-90E3-BE231A1E6C5C (resized).jpegA94E562C-F33B-4C4B-90E3-BE231A1E6C5C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Looking for insight from long time owners.
I bought TMNT Pro in July, sold early September.
Has the code improved vastly since September? (I know I could read the files but im lazy some times)
Im leaning towards getting one again just looking for your opinions.
Reason I sold was I felt the scoring was just off.

Scoring is still weird, but for me the challenging layout and insane amount of tasks to reach the end of the game are what keep me coming back, the scoring is kind of negligible. I wouldn't buy it again if scoring was enough for you to sell it in the first place.

1 week later
#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For those with the Mezel Technodrome, is the bottom cut out to fit around the edge of the van? It almost looks that way in some pics, but I'm not sure. I have my van turned to face forward, and couldn't bring myself to put it back in the stock position, so I am concerned there would be a weird cut out shape on the bottom right of the Technodrome if I bought it.
Anyone have it with a turned van?
Thanks!

I kept the van in its stock position with the technodrome mod, but if you go back 15 or so pages, there were a few guys that turned the van like you did and had no issue with the mod.

2 weeks later
#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

Is there a setting to remove attract mode music? ( tmnt theme plays too long after game over IMO )

Feature adjustment #108 will kill it in attract and during Turtle Power MB.

#6326 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I’ve owned TMNT pro for a few months now. Initially I loved it, the art, the speed, the ninja pizza MB. The theme is big to me, I grew up with the turtles.
But over the last month I’ve realized I’ve fallen out of love. While I still live many of the things I said before the gameplay is feeling stale. I feel like all I ever shoot is left ramp, right ramp, orbits. The middle ramp feels great but I don’t feel it’s well integrated into the episodes...my wife feels similar. Now I’m contemplating trading it for something else.
For reference I’ve had AIQ LE since the fall. The game keeps me coming back, I’m addicted. The shots feel so good and every mode has me fully engaged.
Do I need to push through and be patient with the game, do I need to change the way I’m playing?
TMNT feels like the girlfriend I always thought I wanted, it’s beautiful... but something ain’t clicking. Is it time to break up?

Unplug the game and don’t touch it for a month. Come back to it and see if you miss it, if not, time to move on.

Coming up on almost a year with the pro and still love it. Hoping for another update to polish the scoring, but I’m content with where the game is right now.

#6364 3 years ago

I wouldn’t put Pinstadiums in a game that has a good RGB GI light show in it like TMNT.

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Joined the club with my Premium being delivered on Friday (my third pin behind SW Comic Premium and AIQ Premium). Couple questions: it's very hard for me to tell what's going on in the back-half of the playfield because of the backbox reflection and various lights going on. Will Pinstadiums help with this? Also, what can I do about the brutal left outlane?

Either killing the backbox lighting during gameplay (adjusted in menus) or HD glass will get rid of any problems you have seeing the back of the PF. TMNT has an impressive lightshow on its own, don't feel pinstadiums are necessary on it.

2 months later
#6887 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Scoring on TMNT reminds me of scoring on Ghostbusters - but subtract a digit lol. My highest scores on both games have come from playfield multipliers during a long multiball, whereas I can progress through a ton of modes and not touch the GC. I've accepted them for what they are because they are a blast regardless, but I wouldn't turn down some TMNT scoring changes.

Fingers crossed for one final update similar to what was done for MET/IMDN/GB etc. I'm happy with where the game is right now, but the scoring could definitely use some adjustments and the rare Multiball causing the game to freeze bugs need to go.

I've had my Pro for over a year now and am still in the honeymoon stage, I really love this game. Most of my friends, pinheads or not, can't stand it or think its unfair, but the theme integration, tough layout and insane requirements to beat it keep me coming back. I think this game is a keeper for me.

1 month later
#7103 2 years ago

Scoring and the game freezing bug associated with Turtle Power definitely need addressing.

Still love the game, but it’s the next game on the chopping block if Godzilla turns out to be amazing.

It’d be a shame to get rid of a game I love just because of code, but I’m not waiting years for an update that may or may not ever come out.

#7106 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

And that's just it right. With Dwight,you never know if/when you'll get updates.
I played one game of TMNT last night, then jumped over to JP. What a difference. So much to do, so much to shoot for. I just feel like the phone it in with TMNT.

I don't know that they phoned it in on code with TMNT, it was ambitious that they had so many different things going on at once - leveling up your Turtle, mode completions adding perks to MB and mini wizard modes, multiple minor modes and hurry ups that can be stacked on top of regular modes and multiballs, but the scoring doesn't take into account any of those things.

I get 500,000 for completing a mode with 4-5 shots, but one April hurry up (with no added perks) is 1.5M or more??

I also hate with a passion random awards from the pops, I hope no new game going forward has this feature.

1 week later
#7151 2 years ago

Got to Final Battle for the first time, achieved Max Krang for the 4th time ever and got through 2 phases of Final Battle.

When my ball drained from Final Battle it showed the “Cowabunga ready” screen. I’m crushed I got so close.

Some whacky scoring along the way, including a 20million April hurry up during Final Battle, I believe it was my 7th or 8th one and I had the 2X April perk with Mikey and I guess 2X was running for such a huge payoff.

Lots of exclusive music, call outs and GI/lighting effects for Final Battle, really awesome mode.

883F44A8-24D1-47D2-AD12-7D97500445D0 (resized).jpeg883F44A8-24D1-47D2-AD12-7D97500445D0 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7380 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in joining the TMNT club, I have just listed my pro for trade/sale on the marketplace

Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Stern TMNT Pro for sale/trade. Nice shape Flash Gordon or Future Spa + cash preferred, check my wishlist for other potential trades. No termite or water damaged games, please. I ca...”
2021-09-18
Palm Harbor, FL
Trade
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 472 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,500 (OBO)
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=taygeta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.