(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,703 posts
  • 459 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 166 votes
    46%
  • Premium 89 votes
    25%
  • LE 103 votes
    29%

(358 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1FEC4A9F-7376-4DFF-8AEB-D7173F50EA60 (resized).png
un9zdruwdfh51 (resized).png
3D85947A-7F5A-4D1F-9153-A79BDF51002E (resized).jpeg
FAC0CF82-9A5E-4C2C-BFCF-766FC37DB5EC (resized).jpeg
5687D0E5-5C3E-4FF9-BDFC-FF7174657B31 (resized).jpeg
20210121_161928 (resized).jpg
20210121_161934 (resized).jpg
20210121_161945 (resized).jpg
20210121_161919 (resized).jpg
20210121_161926 (resized).jpg
20210121_161911 (resized).jpg
20210120_151942 (resized).jpg
20210119_191036 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.06 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (6 months ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (5 months ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (5 months ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (5 months ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (5 months ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 months ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (89 days ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (77 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stosel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 6 months ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

Anyone know the production schedule? Dwight? Are they going back to pros after this week of LE’s?

Usually they make all the LEs and then go back to Pros. I assume that is what they will do here as well, but I don't work for Stern.

#521 6 months ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Anyone else having issues hitting the right ramp and then the game thinks you've drained?

We have had this happen twice, I assume it is a bug in the code that will be worked out.

#528 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That stream was great! Can’t wait to get time on a premium or LE.

If you lived just a LITTLE closer you could come play ours!

#541 6 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I really hope they come up with an option to cancel multiball. Pizza ball is a little too easy to fire off

If you go through the settings, I know you can make the modes harder or easier. Default setting is medium. I have not gone through the entire menu/settings yet but there is probably some type of multiball adjustment.

#596 6 months ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I noticed this time that Stern has a protective film over the trim on the head. I peeled it off, but it left a very sticky residue behind. Tried cleaning one side with Windex and even Goo Gone, but didn't get much of it off.
Any suggestions for getting the sticky residue off the trim?

Quoted from Delta9:

Rubbing alcohol

We are having the same problem, I tried rubbing alcohol and it didn't work that well to get the stickiness off. I was going to pick up some goo gone this week, but it doesn't look like that works great either.

#598 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

What part of the trim are you guys referring to on the back box? Curious prior to me getting my LE.

The green t-molding

#668 6 months ago

My center ramp is not registering when I make the shot about 5% of the time. I don't think it is an issues with the opto, as most of the time it registers. I wonder if it is just zipping around the ramp so fast it can't detect it? Not a huge deal, but it is extremely frustrating when you hit that shot (especially for Krang combo) and you don't get the credit. Anyone else having the same issue?

#671 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes, same. Sometimes it goes so fast up that ramp that it flies off into the side of the cabinet. I'll probably change the upper flipper to the soft setting in the adjustments menu.

I have never had it fly off! It does whip around that ramp super fast though.

#718 6 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I really only got to play the game for about 90 minutes last night. I upgraded to the new code last night 1.04 hoping it might have been a bug but it did not help. Several times after “TurtlePower” multi ball mainly ( could be both Multiballs) but after the Multiball the next time I hit the ball up the right ramp it locked in the van and ended my ball.
It actually happened on the launch of my 2nd or third ball where it immediately went into the van and didn’t even allow the ball to relaunch with the ball save still flashing.
Is this a software bug or possibly something wrong in my setup or an opto?
Anyone experiencing this?
It’s extremely disheartening but I assume that it can be fixed easily when I understand what is actually causing it.

We have a little over 300 games played on ours and have had this happen twice. I am assuming it is a software bug. I have been trying to replicate it, so that I can report the conditions, but of course have not had it happen again.

#729 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any mods out for TMNT yet? Other than the pin blades from Stern which don't apply on my LE, I haven't seen really much of anything yet...
Jeff

The Mezels have started a mod thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-development-thread-by-mezelmods

They have pictures and videos of what they are working on, as well as some from Ulek Store in there, and Pin Monk (vireland) has posted his brackets to modify insert color either in this thread, or they hype thread.

#787 6 months ago

wipinball , you may want to check before updating code, ours came with the newest code installed on the 3rd.

#899 6 months ago

I am sure that a modder or two will come out with nice one. I know it is not the same as having it included, but at least this way you get to decide if it is something you want to add to your machine. I think some of the after market ones look nicer than stock.

#1016 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys just opened a brand new Turtles LE. Game is telling me Node Board 1,8, and 9 are out. When booted game keeps auto plunging a ball. Not able to start a game. Do i need to contact Stern support or my dealer to resolve this

You will get these node errors if you have the coin door open while the game is booting I believe.

As far as the ball, check your connections. We kept having the auto plunger connection come apart, I think it is because it is right above the shaker. We had to zip tie ours together.

#1022 6 months ago

I would also suggest looking at the diverter behind the van and manually make sure it is moving. You can check the van diverter by removing the 2 screws at the top of the purple roof plastic above the van.

#1078 6 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

For $9000 NIB, you should NOT have to tinker for a while.
Soon it'll be $10K+ to tinker.

While I agree to a point, things happen. No one can account for things getting loose during shipping etc. I work in a hospital with medical equipment that has to undergo very stringent testing and training before being implemented. Without fail we break something on the equipment that the manufacturer has "never seen broken before".

While the diverter issue seems to be something they "should have noticed" during testing, it is in a hidden area, and it appears to be one of those items that loosened during shipping. In truth, Stern, or any company could play test the games every day for a year and we would still find issues once we got it home. It is a complex piece of equipment with lots of moving parts.

Thankfully we have a wonderful community that can show you how to fix almost anything that could be wrong with a machine, and is pretty much always willing to jump in and help.

#1141 6 months ago

So, since the same questions seem to be getting asked over and over again, I thought I would make a FAQ/Issues post, so everything can be found in one place, with pictures and advice, and can be updated as needed.

Know issues:

-1,8,9 node board errors:
nodeboard1 (resized).jpgnodeboard8 (resized).jpgnodeboard9 (resized).jpg

This is a known "non-issue" This error message will display any time the coin door is open as high voltage is required for these boards to work, and high voltage is cut when the coin door is open. When running the node board test with the door open this is what it will say:
nodeboardtest (resized).jpgnodeboardtest2 (resized).jpeg

There is nothing wrong with your game and this is completely normal. If you would like this message to go away you can pull out the interlock switch, and then run the node board test.
interlockswitch (resized).jpeg

This error appearing will most likely be fixed with a code update.

-Turtle Van Diverter (LE only atm):
The diverter behind the turtle van has a few fixable issues; diverter hitting ramp, cutting into the plastic, and eventually (potentially) getting stuck, diverter has completely come apart and is laying in the ramp with some pieces under playfield.

To access and check this area you will need to remove the purple rooftop plastic that is above the Turtle Van. rooftopplastic (resized).jpeg
This is done by removing the top 2 screws(closest to the backboard). Once you have this plastic off, you can take a look at the ramp and manually check the diverter.

If the diverter is attached and hitting your plastic ramp, most people are fixing the issue by either mounting a piece of felt or a cliffy with double sided tape to where the ramp is getting damaged. Please note that several people have stated mounting a piece of foam there will not work, as eventually the diverter will get stuck in the foam. Adiverterfelt (resized).jpeg Adivertercliffy2 (resized).jpeg Adivertercliffy1 (resized).jpeg

If your diverter has come apart during shipping, or you do not like the idea of mounting something to your ramp, both of these issues can be fixed by tightening the nut under the diverter, as shown by piperpinball. He has provided great pictures showing how to re-install your diverter, and how to tighten the nut without removing the ramp. Tightening the nut moves the diverter flap back far enough so that it is no longer hitting the plastic ramp. You will need a 3/8’’ wrench.
Diverterinramp (resized).jpeg Broken Diverter
Abrokendiverter1 (resized).jpegAbrokendiverter2 (resized).jpegAbrokendiverter3 (resized).jpeg

-Air balls or balls jumping on spinning pizza disk:
Adjust the spinning pizza to be as level as possible with the playfield. flushpizzapisk (resized).jpeg pizzaspinnerdiagram (resized).jpgpizzaspinner1 (resized).jpg pizzaspinner2 (resized).jpg
This is done by lifting the playfield and adjusting the machine screws on the outer mechanism, which lets you wiggle the large plate to give it just enough of a difference in height. Use a 5/16 wrench. There's also a very small set screw on the shaft which gives you further play. Use a 5/64 Allen wrench. (Big thanks to daveyvandy for the great pictures and explanation)
pizzaspinnerfix1 (resized).jpg pizzaspinnerfix2 (resized).jpg pizzaspinnerfix3 (resized).jpg pizzaspinnerfix4 (resized).jpg

-Center ramp sometimes not registering:
This seems to be an issue with the ball flying around the ramp too quickly to register. It does not happen every time, and as of now there is no official fix or solution.
*I did read that putting a piece of duct tape over half of the opto lens may fix this, but have not tested this for myself, or heard from anyone else how well this works yet.

-Balls flying off the wireform:
Once again this seems to be an issue with the speed of the ball, as of now there is no fix, but I am sure modders are working on it.

-As always it is good practice to lift your playfield after receiving your game and check all connectors. After checking playfield connections, do the same in your backbox. This can fix errors before they happen.

I will update this as needed, please let me know if there is an issue I missed that can be added to the list.

Picture credit goes to: protocol_j, bbru, piperpinball, adg5016, mrawesome44, vireland , and daveyvandy

#1195 6 months ago
Quoted from John0560:

Installed shaker motor in my pro, not too thrilled. I have it set to maximun use, it only comes on during multiball modes. On GB pro, my machine would shake a lot more. Hopefully it gets cleared up with new code. It makes it more fun for newer players that have a hard time activating multiball, or harder modes.

Dwight has said he is going to integrate the shaker more with future code updates.

#1199 6 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

weird. I've had my turtles on pretty much non stop since I got it with no issues and am just now in the last hour having this exact issue. the lights are dim in the back of the playfield. also noticed the glider isn't working =(

We also had a glider issue (hookedonpinonics is my better half) today during gameplay. I don't know if the light or glider issue happened first, but basically the glider wouldn't release the ball and the game went into ball search mode. Interesting that we are both having the same issue today.

#1203 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there anything i can do to make the left outlane left hungry? My level bubble is dead center

Meh, it's a Borg game. I do feel like the left outlane on TMNT isn't as bad as some others.

#1239 6 months ago

After sending Stern some videos of the problem they are sending us a new glider assembly.

#1409 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My friend sent me this pic of his Turtles LE playfield. The left pic (or first pic) is his and the right one is a friend of his.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure this is just a difference in picture taking. The 2nd pic is much brighter, you can tell by comparing the way the inserts look on the 2 pictures.

#1417 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are wrong. I just spoke with the guy. He is telling me it’s not really that it’s lighter looking but the print quality is a lot different than his friend. Not making this shit up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A picture that isn't super zoomed in may give a better idea of the issue. In these it just looks like noise that you can get in digital photos when they are zoomed too much, or edited. Not saying that is what is going on, but a regular resolution photo would help. Either way the only thing to do in this case is send the pics to his distributor.

#1535 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anyone have a issue with the Glider?
Mine seems to have stopped working?
LE 137

Yes, LE 202 received July 1. Stern is sending us a new glider assembly. I know of at least 1 other owner with the same issue.

#1637 5 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone have a rubber list for tmnt? Looking to switch the stocks ones to Titans

PG 37 in the manual

1 week later
#2078 5 months ago

We got our new glider assembly this afternoon and just finished installing it. Super easy swap, just 3 screws up top, and 3 connectors under the playfield. Had it done in about 10 minutes and the game works perfectly now. Made a small adjustment to the ramp that feeds the 3rd flipper to shift it to the left some and it feeds the flipper so smooth now.

#2315 5 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

I spoke with someone from Stern a few weeks ago. They told me that they would be manufacturing Premiums from Aug 11th-20th. The first 1/3 of those manufactured are reserved for distribution overseas.
I bought my Premium from Flip N Out Pinball. Anyone know if Stern drops ships with them, or does it go Stern->Flip N Out-> my home?

Ask Zach, he will let you know. We got our LE from him and it shipped directly to us, but I think it depends on how close you are to the distributor.

#2503 5 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My LE gilder motor quit working, every time I hit the center button it would do a mode board test and the lights would flicker. If you have this move the glider to the middle and unhook it from the playfield. My motor ended up shorting out and was dragging my node boards down. Just a heads up if you see it. Contacting stern to see what the replacement options are

This is an issue we had as well (along with at least 2 other LE owners that I know of)
Thankfully our board did not go out. I e-mailed Stern pictures and videos of the issue and they asked me to have my distro file a warranty claim for a glider assembly; part # 500-2502-00. It was a very easy install, 3 screws on top, 3 connectors under the playfield. Hardest part it getting the wires through the opening by the pop bumper, but very doable, even with 1 person.

Looks like you may need your board replaced as well. I would e-mail Stern technical support. They responded very quickly (thanks Pablo!).

After this my glider was working...but not properly. I contacted Stern again and found out I needed to calibrate the glider. They should be sending calibration instructions with all future glider replacements. I am happy to post the steps with pictures if needed though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Frederick, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blandon, PA
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stosel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside