(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,062 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by cabal
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4313 3 years ago

Picking up my pro on Tuesday.. weather permitting. Played it for the first time last week. Great pin. Fast, challenging, and fun. The current owner did the mods right.. speaker lights, mirror blades, glider, slime plastic protectors.. game looks fantastic. Excited to bring it home..

1 week later
#4546 3 years ago

Hello.. New to turtles. Can anyone tell me if 2v2 requires each player to play an entire game while the others wait? That's how ours is. You would think you take turns. Thanks. Ill check which code I have later. Just got our pro. Loving it.

#4638 3 years ago

Hey fellow tmnt owners.. today I noticed a loud noise on my pizza spinner. Not all the time, but always prior to ball start. I got under the hood and noticed that the magnet assembly under the pizza disc had wear on it and was spinning around until the wires stopped it. Not sure what is supposed to hold the magnet assembly in place, but something should. Almost seems like its just free floating with the electrical tape wedging it in place. Over time it looks like its freed itself up and can move. There is wear on my wires and under the assembly. Anyone experience this?

#4661 3 years ago

Ordered my technodrome, turtle selector bezel, and canister thingy.. waiting on the pipe mod... having a blast. Family and friends are loving it. As much as we enjoy our Cleland GOTG, tmnt is crazy fun. Other mods include ramp lightning, glider, and trough lightning. Absolute keeper..

1 week later
#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Has anyone here fitted mirror blades to their TMNT Pro? I'd love to see a photo. Cheers.

Mirror blades and a few other mods. Looks really good.

20201106_221817 (resized).jpg20201106_221817 (resized).jpg
#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Anyone have feedback on the Mezelmods' Technodrome mod? Easy to install, worth $80? Looks good from pictures.

Installed it last night. Pretty easy until the "slide it down on the posts". Took several tries. Will probably go back in and adjust it again. Looks great. Did the mutegen container at the same time. Really easy install on that one.

#4868 3 years ago

Ok.. so I think I'm done modeling my pro. Maybe a piece of mylar or two. Here's the list of mods and pics for anyone who is considering.. i do have the sewer pipe mod on order, but not doing the flaming building. It just seemed like it took over the playfield and hid the ramps too much. Looks super cool though..

Glider
Technodrome
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Mutegen container
Clear rubbers install/color flipper bands
Turtle selector
Ramp illumination
Trough illumination
Custom cards
Moved turtle van

20201117_135909 (resized).jpg20201117_135909 (resized).jpg20201117_135927 (resized).jpg20201117_135927 (resized).jpg20201117_140043 (resized).jpg20201117_140043 (resized).jpg20201117_140120 (resized).jpg20201117_140120 (resized).jpg
#4869 3 years ago

And yes.. thats baby groot.. his pinball game is right beside TMNT.. still adding mods to that one. Trough lights and ramps illumination on order. Don't plan anything else for it.

20201112_212315 (resized).jpg20201112_212315 (resized).jpg
#4876 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

I agree. It is kind of crammed sideways in the Pro. I imagine they put it sideways because the prem/LE version need it that way for the multiball. Does anyone have more detail on what it takes to turn it?

I had to plan it out a bit because I was putting in the technodrome while moving it. You don't have to take the van out to get the technodrome in but makes it easier. As for turning the van... its held to the plastic with two screws. The plastic is held on with 4 or 5 screws if I remember correctly. To get the the last screw u need to take off a small plastic above it (2 screws). Only one is kinda tough to get to, but doesn't require removal of any ramps. After I took the van and plastic out I realized I couldn't use the original holes. I set the plastic back in, put a couple screws on to hold it and positioned the van. I took pictures of the van to recreate the position after I pulled it. I marked the bottom of the plastic and drilled it. I only put one screw in the back post of the van. Holds it fine. Took about an hour to complete both installs. The technodrome required opening up the post holes with a dremel to get it to slide in and all the way down.

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Those are some awesome mods! The turned Van is definitely growing on me.

Thanks! Yeah everyone who plays it loves it. Tried not to over do the mods. Tried to keep it tasteful and fun. My older son, in his late 20s likes the theme but told me the real reason he enjoys it is the coop, 2v2, and other modes. Seems to be the draw to the game. That and its a lot of fun. I really hope stern revisits that for existing and new pins in the future.

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

As a general rule, not a fan of mods. However, yours look great and that's exactly how I would classify it, tasteful and not over the top. Well done!
If it was one of my top themes I would have gone for a pro for sure on this one.

Thanks.. honestly I never even considered tmnt when it came out, but we wanted something new to add that seemed like fun. Theme i appreciate but not in love with. The price was right. The gameplay sold me on it. Hopefully you've had a chance to play it. We like it so much, its the first time I considered upgrading to the premium. But the pro is so good, I just can't justify it. Especially now that I put the work into this one.

#4882 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

If you can still buy the discounted mutagen container from mezel it looks great on the left flasher. Their training signs look fantastic and take the glare out of the flashers. Also are you able to source a neca krang? Check with lermods. I also really like the stern artblades but your mirror blades look good as well.
I might turn the van great idea!
[quoted image]

Yours looks great too. I thought about the training signs. I opted for the mirror blades.. I like how it opens it up. But the art blades look great too. I planned to go with one container and couldn't decide which side to put it on. Really like the van turned on the pro. Looks less like a toy car now. Has some cool detail..

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

You can put where buy this mod? thx

Start with mezelmods...

#4895 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Ok where did you get that baby groot ? We also have turtles and guardians in our house. Been looking for a larger baby groot for a minute. Looks great!

[quoted image]

Lol.. nice room. Looks sweet. Baby groot came from fun.com but I think you can buy him elsewhere. Not cheap but got it on sale last Xmas and gets lots of comments. Must have for GOTG owners. I think it was listed as "Neca baby groot"... I think he's 30 inches tall..

#4900 3 years ago

Upgraded Speakers
Art Blades
Shaker Motor
Krang Toy Mod
Mutagen Tank
Mini Turtle Van on Right Ramp
Technodrome MezelMod
Glider Stopper Mod
Pizza Flippers
Mikey Head Shooter Rod
Flasher Turtle Shells
I may be missing some. He said he has put on just about every mod he thought looked good.

Depending on how good a deal you can get on a pro.. ive seen them range from routed (w/ Shaker and Krang) to 6200 nib i think. Most used seem to sell between 5200-5500 from what I've seen. So you are pretty close to buying a used machine and paying for all the mods. Shaker, side blades, technodrome, and glider will add up plus all the other mods. As the previous post stated, if you like the mods then its pretty much done for u. It sounds loaded.

#4936 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

NIB TMNT Pro paid! can't wait!
Quick question:
- I have heard it's better to buy better balls than the Stern ones. A guy told me they may need to be magnetic because of the pizza. Do you confirm it's best to buy new balls right before the 1st play, and are they standard or need particular ones?
- I am on the fence regarding the PFP. So far I have decided not to buy one but the distributor can still install it for me if I change my mind. Without a PFP and a modern NIB pin, is it better to wax before the 1st play to add a layer of protection? Which novus number? Or something like Carnauba?
Thanks guys!

Congrats! You will really enjoy it. My son just posted our best game today. Just under 50m. We are still figuring out shots and strategy. Trying to finish modes and get the new multiball from update 1.23. Loving the challenge. Maybe some members can chime in on playfield protectors. Haven't used one. I just recently waxed mine. As for pinballs. I had a problem with the ball release for pizza mutliball. The balls wouldn't roll down. Realized all of them became magnetized so they laid against the metal rail and wouldn't roll forward. Swapped balls and problem solved. Enjoy! Welcome to the club.

1 month later
#5548 3 years ago

Also have tmnt and gotg.. both pro. Cleland code for gotg. New players find gotg more forgiving and are drawn to it. I guess its easier and more relatable (movie). Tmnt is a group play favorite. Its faster, deeper and the 2v2 and coop doesn't seem to get old. With that said, I'll keep both. However IF I had to let one go, it might be gotg.. but my wife would argue that tmnt would go first. Tmnt can kick your A. Gotg plays good music and just about anyone can manage groot multiball. Now ill throw in some confusion. Just picked up a stranger things prem. That has rocketed to everyone's favorite. Projector, crazy magnetic wall lock, cleland code, demogorgan pie hole shot.. and the upside down with uv. Crazy cool. Something else to think about.

20210107_193900 (resized).jpg20210107_193900 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5659 3 years ago

I was messing around with the full set of plastic protectors. Really brought a nice glow.. but almost too much. I dialed it back a little. Pulled the off the turtles near the flippers and both side plastics "lair" and "april". It toned it back some to my liking. With the van turned and robot upgrade it also lessened the glow, but I think in a good way. I included some pics.. before and after. Note that I had the slime protectors and slings done prior and all clear rubbers. Before pic and partial install.

20210119_191036 (resized).jpg20210119_191036 (resized).jpg20210120_151942 (resized).jpg20210120_151942 (resized).jpg

Completed pics...

20210121_161911 (resized).jpg20210121_161911 (resized).jpg20210121_161926 (resized).jpg20210121_161926 (resized).jpg20210121_161919 (resized).jpg20210121_161919 (resized).jpg20210121_161945 (resized).jpg20210121_161945 (resized).jpg20210121_161934 (resized).jpg20210121_161934 (resized).jpg20210121_161928 (resized).jpg20210121_161928 (resized).jpg
#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

That looks awesome. Where can I get these green slime shaped plastics you have?

It came with them.. but this looks like them.

ebay.com link: TMNT Sling Shot Return Lane Protective Plastic Set Stern Pinball

#5673 3 years ago

Yeah I've considered dialing it back a little. But it's growing on me. The only one I don't think I like is the april channel 6 one. Mostly because the art is pretty transparent so it ads a yellow tint to the art.
I haven't gotten to taking off the van. Too intimidating right now.

Understand on the April plastic. I also pulled them off the Lair because the ball travels under two different plastics and seemed to cloud it up. So far we really like the look. I went back and forth on the turtles by the flippers but opted to not use the protector. Its easier to see the galls in the lanes now. As for the van. If you decide to pull it I can help walk you through.

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I bought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro and they delivered it yesterday and dropped it and cracked my cabinet in my driveway. I’m getting a refund and buying another but I’m still super bummed.

Sorry to hear that.. recently saw a similar situation with a new GnR. In the meantime work on your reflexes, the inner and outer loop for the top flipper can fly around crazy fast..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.