(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sidetrackedbrew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10469 1 year ago

Just joined the club in December, and I’ve finally gotten through (almost) this whole thread. I piggybacked on ABE_FLIPS and cabal designs for the airball saver on the right ramp, and cut this out of a regular old piece of polycarbonate from lowes. Added spacers on either side of the ramp entrance, and the thinnest post sleeves I could find from Marco. The ramp is still tough, as is the whole game, but this made a drastic improvement.

62AA669B-79A3-4B5B-ACD9-713C70628681 (resized).jpeg62AA669B-79A3-4B5B-ACD9-713C70628681 (resized).jpegDD3DCE73-20AA-437C-86E8-6C9ABF233D5B (resized).jpegDD3DCE73-20AA-437C-86E8-6C9ABF233D5B (resized).jpeg
#10473 1 year ago

Wasn’t planning on selling them but I suppose if they were wanted I could make more. PM if interested.

4 weeks later
#10629 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

RE: auto plunger
Thanks for the feedback so far. Did some investigating and looks to be a ball magnetizing issue which is crazy as I’ve never had magnetizing issues with Titan Pinballs.
Fired up the game today; existing balls fired fine for first dozen or so launches then again back to weak plunges. Replaced with some used ones I had lying around (which I think are the ones from Marco). Played for about an hour, no issues. Now I am getting some wicked ball launches off the standup targets which I never did before. Lowering flipper power seemed to have helped with that.

I’ve had the issue a couple of times, and it’s never been magnetized balls. I put it in switch test mode and drop a ball in the shooter lane a dozen times and take a slo-mo video. It’s been the ball careening off the walls of the shooter lane because the forks weren’t exactly even.
I also had issues with the “skill shot” switch (which confirms turtle select on launch) and that was due to airballs jumping the switch. Just adjusted the forks and the switch again yesterday and fired 40 test balls in switch test, it’s working great again.

2 weeks later
#10688 1 year ago

Hey guys, I posted this in the tech forum but haven’t gotten any responses yet… surely someone else has had this problem? Glider shooting all the way to the left in attract mode and burning up the servo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-glider-issue-a-new-one-1

#10690 1 year ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

IIRC, that's how mine acted at one point. I replaced the stock servo with the one suggested earlier in this thread and it has worked near perfectly since (I need to do some adjustments now, but the replacement was over a year ago at this point). The post in question can be found in the topic index of this thread, post #4120.

I should have specified: I replaced it with hitec HS-645MG that I reversed the direction on. So this is the upgraded servo doing this.

2 weeks later
#10768 12 months ago
Quoted from System-J:

New Edition of my score cards. I hope you guys like them. After taking everyone requests into account it ballooned into 16 different cards!! I've combined and narrowed these down so that you'll really only have 2 options. Standard Size and XL. I've got my website up now: https://systemjpinball.ca/ , with lots of info on each version and size. They are also now up on the Pinside Marketplace (Pinside takes a cut, so you'll also be supporting this great forum this way too)! You can search for them in the marketplace or I have links on my website.
Standard sized Pro, "Advanced" side shown below (I have a Prem/LE in the standard size too--make sure you choose the right option):
[quoted image]
These are 2-sided, they'll have Intermediate (nicknamed "Mean") side and an Advanced side on both cards.
Lots of changes, see here for them all: https://systemjpinball.ca/index.php/2023/04/22/tmnt-cards-mean-intermediate-vs-advanced/
XL Prem/LE version:
[quoted image]

I’ll give you TEN (10) United States doll hairs for the source files!

#10798 11 months ago
Quoted from Greenli2:

Did the update remove the pizza slice extra ball?

I noticed this too. I think it just increased it by a few slices (5?) so if you get the pizza eating contest early you may not get quite enough. Obviously this game was far too easy, so it makes sense to make it a little tougher. /sarc

#10799 11 months ago
Quoted from ag83:

Yes this same thing happens to me. I think it's a bug in the coding for the glider diagnostics. Notably, I don't have this issue happen if I don't run glider diagnostics. If you do, test the "far left" configuration during glider diagnostics with the glass off and make sure that you don't hear any struggling from the servo motor. If you do, adjust which hole of the servo arm that you have the metal guiding wire attached to (see next paragraph).
I also burned out the HS-645MG glider servo once last year because I had attached the metal guiding wire to the wrong hole in the servo (I documented it in post #9689 on this topic). I got a replacement and it worked great for a while, but now it seems to be burned out again and is only moving left-to-right. This is definitely the easier rotation job for the servo because it involves rotating the servo arm down towards the flipper. The one that doesn't work anymore involves rotating the servo arm towards the top, which I imagine involves some weight now that I have the Raphael glider back on.
Anyone have any luck using a different servo that had some more power or reliability?
(I also posted this question to the Turtles owners group on Facebook and will respond here if I get an outcome)

Thanks for this. Highly bizarre that the solution is simply “don’t run glider diagnostics,” but it’s been working fine for a week now. I haven’t run diagnostics once, and haven’t had a problem.

2 months later
#11024 9 months ago

Hopefully this helps someone, and I apologize for not having taken any pictures...

I've had glider issues since I bought my TMNT Premium. My first servo burned out completely because the glider had jumped over the left habitrail and gotten stuck, and the servo was sitting there trying to pull it back.

I followed the replacement instructions and put in an HS-645MG, going the hard way with resoldering inside the servo to change polarity. That replacement servo lasted two weeks and quit, and I said to hell with it for a few months, just disconnected the glider and played on.
Well, when the later instructions came out from marineman with a video by brzezicki I finally decided to give it another shot, this time with the servo reverser.

I installed the new servo and it worked, with a big exception: the glider was so loose in it's base that the droopy back end was snagging on the screw in the center, as well as the right habitrail (which is probably what burned out the new servo). I've seen some posts mentioning the droopiness of the glider, and everyone just says they "tightened it up." In my case, there was nothing to tighten up. the hole in the plastic was physically smaller than the copper sleeve going through it, causing the glider to be ridiculously loose. I tried a washer on top of the mounting bracket, but that just led to it being higher, still loose, and jumping over the outer wall of the habitrail.

The SOLUTION ended up being a coil sleeve. I cut a piece of coil sleeve and sanded it down to the exact length of the thinner portion of the copper bushing that the glider sits in. The thin end of the coil sleeve fit into the plastic around the bushing, and the wide end of the coil sleeve is perfectly flush with the bottom of the bushing, and held on by the metal servo arm. No more slop in the glider at all, and hopefully that means this new servo will last! If I take the glider assembly off in the future, I'll snap some pictures. I hope this helps someone.

5 months later
#11651 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey!
6.5 downward pitch. level from left to right within .05 degrees (using digital level).
the issue is the balls not getting to the top from the auto plunger. the exit via the "short shot" entrance or the right ramp exit (both are short shots from plunge if not fully plunged up and around the top). The post isn't an issue.
I can't say if the coil's auto plunge is less strong, just that after demagnetizing my new carbon steel polaris balls the problem rectifies itself for about 50 games and then slowly starts happening again, one ball here, one ball there, and then 20 - 30 games later after that 90% of the auto plunged balls won't make it around the upper loop of the playfield like they're supposed to.
I suppose it could be a plunger power issue? Seems odd it would "fix" itself after demagnetizing but who knows maybe its a strange coincidence.

Take a slo mo video of the shooter lane during auto plunge. For me this was an issue of the ball rattling back and forth in the shooter lane and losing momentum. Bending the auto plunge forks to hit the ball squarely fixed the issue and I haven’t had a problem in 9 months or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sidetrackedbrew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=sidetrackedbrew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.