(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shortcorky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 3 years ago

Deposit down for Pro - first NIB, cannot wait! A dream theme for me, as I was a huge Turtles fan as a kid.

1 week later
#592 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Have you guys seen these?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I ordered on 6/26 but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation - they look awesome.

2 weeks later
#1193 3 years ago

My distro just told me that they will be getting Pros in next week (mine included!)

3 weeks later
#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

+1!
real points are in multiball imo
you can get bigger points if you keep repeating 123, weapon, april, training... but for me it never was lucrative, since i always drain on some point.
on the Pizza multiball i got plenty of points compared to the other points (20mio +)
Dwight is thinking about adding more reward points for mastering all episodes and eventually adding some other rewards for it at least!

I was just playing last night and was planning on posting about this today - it's frustrating that completing an episode only counts for MAYBE 700k/800k - it should be 3x/4x that point total.

1 month later
#4041 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing completely towards the end of Turtle Power Multiball? It’s happened to me a few times now - just now when I was down to only two balls and hit the right ramp for “add a ball”, then it just completely crashed. I have a pro (not sure if that matters)

3D49A179-9305-4A22-A0E8-BF84CA2BA495 (resized).jpeg3D49A179-9305-4A22-A0E8-BF84CA2BA495 (resized).jpeg
#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Happened to my Pro last week once after I updated the code to 1.22. No issues with that prior with 1.21.

I am still on 1.21 - my first thought was to update the code... but maybe that's not going to fix it

#4068 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Have many people tried the retro refurb art blades? https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-night-pinball-sideblades/. The antsier I get for my Pro to ship the more I keep buying mods.
I've seen one reference to them in this thread, just curious what the material quality is like on these guys. I'm not really digging the Stern blades.

I have the sunset ones and they look great, quality is no issue (also have them on my TF). I liked them better than others on the market, personal preference. Shipping does take a little bit though.

1 month later
#4826 3 years ago

Played my friends’ AIQ last night - very fun game. Got me thinking though - why didn’t Stern make TMNT allow you to select which episode you play like they did with AIQ’s gem quests? Seems like a far better format and a no brainer to me - it really makes you think and come up with a strategy.

Curious to hear others’ thoughts.

*I realize episodes aren’t entirely random and you can hit the target to rotate through...

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't really care which mission I get when playing TMNT and I'm not sure there's really anything to be gained if you could pick which one you want.
Rob

I’m thinking it would be nice for Team Up where you get perks for beating episodes - for example, Team Up is easier if you start with “Rescue Any”

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballVoice:

For the TMNT Pro: There’s some nice hidden details on the front of the TMNT Van. So here it is repositioned! It’s a perfect fit, and reveals more terrific art by Zombie Yeti.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a cool idea - was it hard to do?

1 month later
#5200 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree! That said I do like that TeamUp is a tough challenge. After hundreds of games I finally beat TeamUp (mostly due to having beat I want a body, night of the mousers which gives perks to help!). However as I had posted awhile back, the moment I entered Pizza Party I drained and it was gone. No ball save and its not a multiball. Would be nice if getting through TeamUp rewarded you with at least a brief ball save. Neutrinos is similarly very difficult to get to and then quite unforgiving once in.

This is why I’d like to see an option where you get to choose which episode you play. You could have a strategy to help during TeamUp (e.g. I want a body) or you might choose one that you can easily beat.

2 weeks later
#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Anyone add the shaker? What about the ninja shooter rod? Worth it?

I just added both over the holidays to my pro - I love both.
Shaker was WAY too intense at first, but once I toned it down, it's an excellent addition.

1 month later
#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are most of you fellas using the 1987 code? Is it good?

I love both the 1987 and Stern’s graphics - so I have two SD cards that I swap back and forth. Slight setting changes on each.

1 week later
#6191 3 years ago

Maybe this has been asked before (sorry)... but has anyone had an issue with the timing on Training?

Literally when the ball drops from lair, it starts counting from 5. I barely get a shot at right ramp.

I wonder if the 10 sec timer starts running as the intro video plays, only thing I can think of.

1 month later
#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I have qualified cowabunga a few times but failed final battle on ball 3 so never saw it.

I actually think this is something that needs to be fixed with the code - Final Battle should end prior to draining all balls - otherwise you can't get to Cowabunga unless you finish FB on ball 2...

#6459 3 years ago

I'd like to see a pizza party added to the cowabunga qualifiers (make it one of Neutrino's or the one after Team Up) - maybe replace one of the jackpots or max krang combo.

7 months later
#7793 2 years ago

Played in my very first tourney a few weeks ago; luckily TMNT was my first round machine! (almost got to final battle, GC).

But, it was shocking to hear all the other players complain when they drew a game on TMNT. As the tourney went along and they learned that I owned it, they asked about strategy, scoring and turtle selection - no one seemed to have a clue how to score points on this game and everyone picked Donatello or Mikey.

Was interesting to hear the different takes on the game and strategies - they were all over the place (one guy focused on training…) and not even close to how I thought of playing it in a tourney.

Have others experienced this in tourneys?

(Note; finished 3rd overall in the tourney and won handily on TMNT in two rounds)

10 months later
#9621 1 year ago

I’ve been waiting to see this in one of these updates… but, does anyone know why this game doesn’t have more “champions”??

For example, TPMB champion or I Want a Body champion?

All new sterns seem to have this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shortcorky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=shortcorky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.