(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

384 posts in this topic match your search for posts by shaub. You are on page 1 of 2.
#34 3 years ago

Stern has posted the manual for the Prem/LE now, so I went to see what the differences were between the Pro disc motor/assembly and the Premium disc motor/assembly, but they appear to be identical. I wonder if there is any practical reason the Pro only spins one way, or maybe there is something I'm missing.

#50 3 years ago

Has anyone seen the Stern Insider All-Access TMNT behind the scenes pictures? I really enjoy those types of behind the scenes pinball stuff, but not sure I want to spend the money to get "All-Access" if there are only like 2 whitewood pictures and a single sketch or something.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I would say it is interesting but not worth spending money on. You nailed it with 2 white wood pics and a sketch.

Thanks Waxx, I'll save my $30 and just appreciate the finished product when it arrives in my basement.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

1.0 code? wow. I actually kind of like the process of getting one early and seeing it grow....But Ill take it and eagerly await 1.01!

I wonder if much has changed since the Deadflip reveal streams.

#81 3 years ago

I sure hope the topper is more BKSOR and less JP.

Something like splinter would be cool, seeing as he kind of narrates and guides you.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

The PRO has a different driver board.

The PRO can not ever spin in two directions. If it could it would have.

Thanks for the clarification Dwight (and Chuck). Ive gotta say, that dual spinning disc has grown on me a lot since the initial reveal. It might be my favourite feature addition on the premium, even more than the diverter.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone come up with a cool mod to cover that ugly wing nut?

What wingnut?

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you getting one Shaun?

Rob

Hey Rob, yeah, I'm in on a Pro. But it's sounding like I wont get it until you jerks get your LEs. haha

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

He made a joke about there being no coin door. Got him a downvote. Gotta love pinside! No humour allowed.

oh..that's what he was getting at? I thought he just didnt like the front artwork of the LE cab.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No - I think the front art on the LE is terrible.

well damn! This has been a rollercoaster!

1 week later
#722 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I am adding more support for the shaker in the next release

I havent gotten my machine or my shaker yet, but they're both on the way. Glad to hear that it will be getting some attention in the future.

4 weeks later
#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Clif said there is a difrence between pro and premium not sure of what the difference is.

The Prem/LE has a full ball guide in the inlane instead of a wire guide like the pro.

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

yay!!!! Finally those of us who bought premiums

I'm still waiting for my Pro!

1 week later
#2763 3 years ago

How are post passes working for everyone?

#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Anyone know what’s up with April when you have to collect her Hurry Ups and her letters are scrolling up and down? When it does this, you can’t collect letters to get Battle Again or Hurry Up.

You can collect 2 April awards before you need to start an episode to re-enable them. Michelangelo starts with Battle Again lit so you could get 2 April hurry-ups done before playing the first episode. But with everyone else, you can only get one April Hurry-up before the first episode.

#2787 3 years ago

Does anyone know what jackpots are in Ninja Pizza Multiball? It seems like maybe the 2 pizza targets? If so, what lights jackpot? I know that Marshmallows give unlimited jackpots and with Ice Cream jackpot start lit but I didn't notice anything that explains it.

#2789 3 years ago

It would be nice if after you play Team Up MB, LAIR and APRIL could keep giving awards without needing to start an episode.

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

April gives crazy points so it's probably good thing it's the way it is.

The scoring could always be dialed back a bit to accommodate it. I just don't like the idea of theoretically being locked out of cowabunga. No idea if it's a realistic concern anyway.

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I do not like outlane modifications since i want to keep the original difficulty

What about changing the setting for switching the Battle Again outlane with the flipper buttons instead of the slingshots? You still have to light Battle Again so its definitely not a gimme ball save by any means. It also makes Michelangelo that much better.

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Otherwise hard to do skill shot.

Iron Maiden is coded so the song you select changes when you release the flipper button rather than when you press it. This allows you to select a song and then hold the left flipper for super skill shot with changing your selected song.

Turtles would benefit from this approach as well. Really, any game with an option to select something before the plunge would.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We just won’t do skill shot for first ball. What’s the point of putting in this skill shot for the pro and then having this happen on turtle selection? Solution is to have an option to disable launch ball with action button then everyone happy. I would like to physically select my turtle with the action button and then launch the ball as a seperate action.

I don't think I understand why this is an issue. I figure the biggest concern would be to be able to select the proper turtle before plunging? This can be solved by disabling "cycle turtles" and if you want to hold the left flipper button to feed the upper flipper then hold left flipper while selecting your turtle or go one past the turtle you want and then hold the left flipper. If you want the rollover lane skillshot, then just pick your turtle and plunge. I wouldn't mind seeing this changed so the flipper button RELEASE, rather than the initial press, is what changes your turtle but it's not really a big deal.

I am typically always in favor of more adjustments/options, so I suppose they could code it so the first lockdown bar button press locks your turtle, the 2nd one plunges (or if plunging is disable in settings, nothing else). But then again, as it is, its really the plunge that locks in your turtle not the lockdown bar button.

#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks, I know about the post. I get rejects near where the right ramp drops into the left orbit, or it bounces around the t-intersection. Either I have to shoot better or I'm getting airballs that hit the bottom of the suspended ramp. prodoshi has this happen as well.

Could the ball be getting a bit of air from the pizza disc and then hopping even more when it hits the ball guide in the orbit?

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But is there an actual skill shot with the left button pressed with the upper flipper besides Donatello?

I don't believe so.

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just so many random bounces that jump directly to the side outlanes in this game. Its frustrating

Try Michelangelo and change Battle Again to switch with the flipper buttons. Much better, IMO. Though I do believe it wont carry over between balls.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I’ve never replaced Mylar before. How do you go about removing the original Mylar already on the playfield? Do you need to prep the playfield before applying?

Just peel it up, clean the area and then a bit of wax and re-apply the new mylar piece.

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

do you also wax your smartphone when applying a protective glass or foil? makes no sense.
clean the area and keep it oil free, dont touch it for adhesive strength. but maybe you have more information on this.

The wax is to make it easier to pull up later if need be. Do it, don't do it, whatever man.

#3107 3 years ago

Duplicate

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Did anyone figure out a good fix for the opto that doesn't register when the ball goes around the middle ramp quickly? I'm reading back through posts and I'm not seeing anything.

would this airball plastic stop it?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-airball-plastic

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

I highly recommend changing Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes" to make battle again more useful/effective and Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2" so you don't get screwed by a moon-walking ball out of the LAIR lane.

Oh and I'd also recommend telling Dwight to allow Battle Again to carry over between balls when you drain without using it!

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Lane Change Ball Save is the best adjustment I found and should be default.

I definitely agree that it should be default. I'd also like to see options for Battle Again Carryover between balls and easier Battle Again options: both lanes lit, both lanes lit for 1st Battle Again, and then 1 lane lit

LAIR ballsave could probably be on by default as well.

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Can you guys elaborate on some of these tweaks you making in the settings? apologies if this has already been hashed out.

Quoted from shaub:

I highly recommend changing Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes" to make battle again more useful/effective and Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2" so you don't get screwed by a moon-walking ball out of the LAIR lane.

Lane change battle again allows you to change which outlane is lit for Battle again with the flipper buttons

The LAIR ballsave gives you ball save when the ball is released from the LAIR lane/Under the the flipper area, so if the ball happens to bounce out the left outlane, you don't get screwed.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I’d love to see an increase the Team Up frequency. Make it available after 2 battles so that you end up hitting all 4 by the wizard mode. Or have completed modes count as 2 modes for Team Up qualification time further reward mode success.

You can only play the team up of your specific Turtle.

Quoted from adamgacek:

Mode and Foot 1-2-3 scoring are still way too low in my opinion even with 2x scoring.

I like the idea of changing 1-2-3 foot combo a bit to make it more interesting and lucrative. I would suggest: 1st, make it so you need to do something to light 1-2-3 foot inlane; 2nd, make the flipper buttons cycle the insert on/off so you have some ability to choose when to start it, and 3rd, make the spinner value increase more rapidly when 1-2-3 foot is actively running and maybe add some time to the timer.

Quoted from adamgacek:

Combos need to be added to the code somehow to reward any time you hit the center ramp after another shot. Maybe add in a side mini wizard mode involving the Technodrome after a certain number.

I feel like there are already combos/hurry-ups pretty prominent in the game: 1-2-3 foot, weapon hurry-ups, and Krang Kombos, I know they arent quite the same as a traditional combo but they give plenty of incentive and reasons to shoot the difficult center ramp shot. They just need to be appropriately incorporated and lucrative enough to be worth specifically going for. In my opinion, at least.

Speaking of the Krang Kombo, it would be cool if there was a way to also build that up rather than just 3 loops and center ramp for 500k. Maybe something could build the value (like the pops, or even switch hits per ball) and THEN, when it's worth some points, 3 loops and then center ramp to collect. Theres probably much better ideas out there. But right now, it kind of just feels like a feature to complete BECAUSE you need it for Cowabunga rather than something that is worthwhile on it's own. And lets be fair, doing something just because you need it for a final wizard mode doesn't really seem like the best incentive when 99+% of games played won't be getting to Cowabunga.

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

How about something other than pizza eating contest for additional collecting of pizza slices?

Yeah, I like the idea of eating pizza being re-worked. It says right on the apron "Use Button To Eat Pizza," so maybe do a bit more with that? Like make combo shots to bring up slices of pizza and then hit the button to "eat" them before they time out.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I really don’t see much more being modified with this games code regarding rules

Yeah, I totally agree. I feel like the game is pretty much what it's going to be and I enjoy it as it currently is. However, I still can't help thinking about how tweaks and changes would help to elevate it further and provide more depth to the overall framework that already exists.

I've heard Dwight talk about "breadth" in the code as well as "depth." And to me, depth is the way things become available to you later in the game as you progress: play episodes, unlock Team Up, play more episodes, unlock Final Battle. But breadth would be the things available right from the start or that progress more or less independent of other features: Play an episode, Complete Training, Krang Kombos, Weapon Hurry-Ups, 1-2-3 foot combo, both MBs, etc.

The real trick, in my opinion, is to take all that breadth and not only provide different things to do, but to incentive those things through points, progress or just being an enjoyable feature. If a feature isn't worth playing or just isn't fun, then it might as well not exist.

For example, I think Training is fun, I like the way you qualify and start it, and I like the way the game induces tension with the timer counting down and the red lights flashing when you miss the needed shot. (I feel like I'm really letting Splinter down). But I'd still like more incentive to focus on progressing through it, plus it's directly linked with the perks, which are further reinforced by the "Choose Your Turtle" mechanic, which gives the entire game some extra character.

1-2-3 Foot, on the otherhand, feels likes it just sort of starts without you saying so, so if you're working on doing something else, like starting episodes or going for training or something, it feels intrusive. Like it pops up saying "STOP STOP STOP! Shoot me! Shoot me!" and then you have to decide if this semi-random feature is worth your time, and, if you haven't been focusing on building the spinner value or starting 2X PF, it probably isn't. So then it times out and goes away, you can't bring it back until after you drain (again, lack of control over the feature) so then you likely forget about it until the next time it semi-randomly starts again. Rinse and repeat. It's ultimately a shame, because completing the combo is actually pretty satisfying but as it stands if you complete it early, you don't get much value for it and it goes away.

Contrast that with the Krang Kombo, which is also not very valuable and is also a satisfying combo to complete BUT is a feature you do have control over. So when you hit the loop shot once, then quickly think either, "sure, lets try that again" or "Nah, I'm gonna stick with my current plan and if it times out, no worries." You don't get locked out of it, it will still be available if you want to focus on it, but it's also not intrusively blocking the other things you may already be focusing on.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

As long as I get it for Cowabunga. Speaking about Cowabunga, I have a feeling this is going to be almost impossible to get to on single player

It's definitely a tough set of requirements but I see it being achievable for the same people that hit Run for the Hills on IMDN or When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth on JP. The way I see it, it's really April Hurry-Ups and Final Battle that are the main things you have to worry about:

1 Time Achievement, doable on 1 ball (3-6 balls to light and complete):
Collect a Weapon Hurry-Up
Complete 1-2-3 Foot Combo
Collect a Max Krang Kombo

1 good MB (4 chances to complete):
Collect Triple Mondo Jackpot
Collect Jackpoto Grande

Focus on throughout the game:
Collect 5 April Hurry-Ups - Focus on throughout game
Play Final Battle - Focus on throughout the game

So, if trying to make it to Cowabunga, you probably want to make sure you keep playing modes AND keep plugging away on APRIL hurry ups. I could see APRIL hurry ups be the "Bird Multiball" of TMNT's Cowbunga Wizard mode.

I got to Final Battle for the 1st time, but I don't think I was anywhere near 5 APRIL Hurry-ups.

I think I got:
Collect a Weapon Hurry-Up (I'll try for the orbit shot but usually miss the center ramp one and re-focus on whatever I was doing)
Collect a Max Krang Kombo (doable but not a normal focus)
Collect Triple Mondo Jackpot (pretty rare for me)
Collect Jackpoto Grande (most common for me)
Play Final Battle (just slightly more rare than triple mondo, but I do focus on playing episodes)

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also it would be great to have a lot more seperation in success vs failure animations.

You're right, this would definitely add character to the episodes and the game as a whole. The biggest problem is in the two "sequel" modes. If you beat "Mousers" Baxter SHOULD become a fly and you should battle him as a fly, if he wins, then you should fight him in a mech suit or something or even just a 2nd (but different) mousers mode. With the 1st Krang mode, if you win, he shouldn't get his body and you should maybe fight him in his little mechanical legs. Even if the "sequel" modes still played the same, this would go a long way in the cohesiveness of the game. But ultimately, every mode leads to Shredder's ultimate plan unfolding.

#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LAIR shot is bad design, plain and simple

I'd suggest putting a second (or stronger) return spring on the upper flipper. It certainly helps smack the ball into the LAIR lane when you drop the flipper.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

almost all said it was disappointing or not as good as they hoped. I'm in that camp.

well, to be fair, when people start calling a machine the next game of the year before even seeing the GAMEplay or animations, maybe the hype train is moving a little too fast!

#3455 3 years ago

I made some Apron Cards for TMNT. I wrote out the rules I thought were important to note instead of just copying the stock rule card. So hopefully all of the rules are correct and there aren't any typos. But if you notice something is off, let me know. I could also upload the individual cards instead of an 8.5 x 11 combined version, if that's what people would prefer.

TMNT_ApronCards_SAA.pdfTMNT_ApronCards_SAA.pdf
#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

My god it’s hard not to laugh at those 3D renders of the turtles compared to ZY’s art.

Haha, yeah. The 3D renders were my first version, so I thought I'd include them. Definitely a major contrast, but I saw a couple people complaining about ZombieYeti's artwork in the Avengers Thread so maybe they will work for "those types." If nothing else, it highlights just how good ZombieYeti's versions are.

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

These are awesome, any chance you can export the individual cards?

Thanks.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Print_V2_RIGHT.pdfPrint_V2_RIGHT.pdfPrint_V2_LEFT.pdfPrint_V2_LEFT.pdf
#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

How do you guys typically print these out?

Ive been printing them on 4 x 6 glossy photo paper on my home inkjet. But ive also taken apron card files to Staples and had them print them on their thickest glossy card stock.

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

The leveling of the turtles. I absolutely LOVE this feature of the game. I like that they have unique traits, and it's somewhat aligned with the turtle. However, I find that for some of the turtles, the later level bonuses are already gone by the time you get there.

I couldn't agree more. I love the tension of the mode and it feels like an accomplishment to complete it, especially the later levels. When it comes down to it, THIS feature is what makes being a different Turtle an important feature of the game as a whole. If their perks aren't valuable, then it's all cosmetic. From looking at the code in Pinball Browser, it appears the levels may have been intended to carry over between games which definitely makes the perks more viable. (ie. 2X team up mb, or 2x Pizza party frenzy).

I've thought quite a bit about all levels of the Training Perks but ultimately, I kind of think maybe level 4 should be PF X increased from 2X to 3X for all turtles and levels 1, 2 and 3 add the unique elements of your Turtle and focus on helping you with different features of the game.

#3489 3 years ago

While we're talking modifying rules, I'd be happy to see:

1-2-3 foot combo need to be qualified by X spinner spins and also the flipper buttons turn the inlane on/off (like WD shot multiplier insert). Then you could build it, qualify it, maybe wait to start 2X PF, and the collect decent points.

I'd like to be able to skip Turtle Power MB to more easily be able to use it to play along with an episode (especially because the ramp is needed to qualify a mode, not just start one like the pizza parlor).

A way to build Krang Kombo value (maybe pop bumper hits or switch hits in general)

More options for how Battle Again works, like carrying over between balls, an "easy setting" to light both outlanes, maybe an option to use the apron button to change which outlane is lit (it's gotta be used for more than pizza frenzy on the pro, right?)

Final shot to complete mode: shoot YOUR turtle to light another weapon hurry-up.

I just hate cool features/modes feel like filler. Maybe it's just me but 1-2-3 Foot Kombo is fun to hit, but I never feel the need to GO for it. Same with Krang Kombo, and Weapon Hurry-up, I'd love to see those matter for more than just getting to a Wizard Mode that MAYBE you get to a couple times. Also there's been a lot of complaints that the game is too tough, it would be nice to allow people of all skill levels to dial the game in to their preference.

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You get more points if you use the turtle you picked as the last shot.

how about re-light a weapon hurry up?

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I hear people saying it’s a hard game, but I’m starting to get the feeling they are relating it to the low scores.

I think if people are able to start making the center ramp, they game will start to feel a lot easier. Making the center ramp is the difference between a dangerous ball hitting the slings and a clean return to the flipper. It's also a really useful shot for certain mode progress.

I think dialing in that ramp shot is a pretty big key to the game.

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Anyone doing anything to make the lair shot more workable/gettable as in deadening the metal area etc. I get rejects from the metal guide rails.

I added a second spring on the upper flipper so it has more force to knock the ball into the Lair Lane.

#3637 3 years ago

Also for the multiballs,

NPMB: destroy 6 foot to light Mondo JP at the Krang Loop, collect Mondo to light double mondo, collect double Mondo to light triple Mondo JP. Double and Triple Mondo are lit on a timer. Collecting the 1st Mondo will also light Jackpoto Grande/Super JP at the LAIR Lane.

TPMB: 4 lit shots to light mondo, double/triple/super is the same as NPMB. Plus shoot the 4 turtle shots to light add-a-ball at the right ramp.

That's how I understand it.

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ok interesting. So its a progressive set up not qualified by physical shots.

Yeah. So if somehow you're on your 4th episode and have only played Ninja Pizza MB, make sure to start Turtle Power. Or if you're playing Coop, go for both MBs quickly.

2 weeks later
#4081 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What do you use to cut the polycarbonate sheet?

I use a scroll saw to cut .93" lexan.

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Lexan is about $100 a sheet here. Polycarbonate is $30. Scissors $30. Scroll saw about $160. Scissors a bit easier to store and use. Polycarbonate will bend to any screw position and once anchored down the .8mm is rigid.

The only downside I can see to the polycarbonate is that you need 3 anchor points. If you only have 2 than lexan would be far superior.

I believe Lexan IS polycarbonate, I just use something thicker than what you've got so it's rigid. It sounds like what you've got is working fine, I'm also just using what I can find locally.

#4119 3 years ago

If anyone was wondering about the points awarded at Final Battle, it looks to be: .5m/1.25m/2m/2.75m/3.5m/4.25m/5m/5.75m for each subsequent completed episode and 250k for any not completed mode. So you could be awarded between 2mil amd 25mil depending on how many episodes you completed for starting Final Battle (and keep that 2X pf in mind before starting it)

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from illpoet:

mentions that are 8 different modes of play

standard play, competition play, coop play (shared score and process 2 to 4 players), coop + competition play, 3v1, 2v1, 2v2, Final Battle Challenge

I believe that's all of the options.

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guess I’m curious on thoughts on this game, depth, longevity and build quality?

Difficulty:
Overall, it can be a pretty tough shooting game, with limited options for dialing in the difficulty. The left outlane has no physical post adjustment (some people have been adding an oblong star post that shrinks the outlane more than typical star post), and the options for tweaking "Battle Again" (ball save) are limited between it alternating between left and right outlane by slingshot hits (default) or by the flipper buttons. In addition, "Battle Again" doesn't carryover between balls so if it goes down the center or the un-lit outlane, you still lose it. Some additional code to allow more options for how "Battle Again" works would probably help in making this game cater to all skill levels.

Depth:
Episodes:
Playing through episodes provides a solid focal point for the game. Each episode is pretty simple to understand but tough to master: many are only 3 or 4 shots. Trying to play through 4 episodes to light Team Up MB is fun and relatively attainable (but still challenging), you dont need to complete the episodes to light it, but completing them gives you perks in Team Up MB so each episode feels like it matters while you play them. Once you get passed Team Up MB, your 2 main MBs are re-qualified so it gives you an extra boost to trying and play through the final 4 episodes and get to Final Battle.

Main Multiballs:
Ninja Pizza MB and Turtle Power MB are both fun and each have a unique element to them, but they both feel find of samesy, in both, you go for Mondo Jackpots and Super Jackpots. I typically use them to complete an episode.

The other stuff:
In addition to the episodes, there are a number of other little modes/features that you can go for or that kind of happen along the way: weapon hurry ups, 123 foot combo, krang kombo, training/leveling up, april hurry-ups. Each of these modes/features are fun on their own but oftentimes they don't feel worthwhile to focus on instead of just straightforward playing through episodes. However, they do make the game feel more full. My only hope would be for better balancing and tweaking of these modes/features into the overall gameplay experience.

Overall, the game is fun, the layout, art and sounds are great and the animations are decent (except April).

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

one of the best designed and coded games ever made.

Personally, I think the game is fun and has potential. But there's no way I'd say it's anywhere near one of the best coded games ever made. Obviously personal opinion, but there's too much about the game that feels disjointed, separate or lacking incentives.

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The lair shot is a waste of space and the reward for hitting it is not worth the risk of trying to attempt and brick. People are moving on because there are games(in the last 3 years) that shoot better and don't leave you as frustrated.

I think the game shoots good, personally. It's just a tough shooter with some tight shots. And code could still save the game from a lot of the difficulty that leads to frustration.

I also think the LAIR shot is awesome, it's one of my favourite aspects of the game! The current question is whether its WORTH hitting. If the code adequately rewarded you for shooting it, the shot's difficulty could be justified.

But, unfortunately, if we're waiting for code revisions, I suspect we're gonna have a bad time.

#4270 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Tight shots? Where in this game is one tight shot?

The right orbit is a tight shot, the Krang loop is tight, the Pizza Parlour shot is pretty tight, Lair Lane/under flipper shot is tight. The ramps are pretty steep, so even if they aren't exactly tight, you do need to hit them pretty clean to make them.

But yeah, I think we can agree TMNT isn't Houdini or anything.

#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Not sure what code version, but even on old code, that score seems pretty high.

I've gotten to Final Battle with 7 of 8 modes completed, with 2X PF running and was awarded like 43 million just for starting Final Battle. Definitely alot of points to be had if you make it that far. I think you're awarded 2.5 million as a base plus up to 25 million depending on episodes completed which can then be doubled to 55 million.

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I find all the episodes have heaps of variety. Mousers is over so quick so you better get control of the ball quick or be in mb.

How did you find the final battle? Has it got spark?

Yeah, I agree, the episodes are all unique enough and the call outs and video do the job well, in my opinion.

Final Battle is pretty good, but I think the fact that you can do Final Battle Challenge maybe takes away a bit of the specialness of it. Though ultimately, it is a fun mode. Though it's a little weird how phase 1 is MB, phase 2 is single ball and phase 3 is MB again.

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Green everywhere looks great.

Could you post a picture?

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wasn't it only not airing for a matter of weeks?

Maybe he thought people would demand he come back? and when that didnt happen, he had no other option but do it anyway?

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Each Turtle gets their own Titan post rubber in our machine

Nice. I did that too! I really like look of it. Now I just need to get 2 green poats for beside the thr 2X playfield target.

#4377 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

They’re only making it halfway up the ramp

Id check that the auto-launch mech is properly aligned and the screws aren't loose. Launched balls could be rattling around after launching.

Also, it may seem counter-intuitive but the launch power could also be TOO high, if the ball gets air when entering the plastic ramp it might rattle around there as well.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Whos you guys favorite turtle to use?

I think Raphael has the most GC potential with the PF X perk, especially in a longer game. But he is also good for a quick start to get rolling through the episodes and to get to Team Up MB. So I'd say he's my favourite and the best choice.

I like Mikey because the Battle Again starts lit perk is solid, and if you can avoid a center drain (which wastes your Battle Again) it can basically be like an extra ball (especially with the Flippers Change Lit Outlane adjustment). No matter what, for a decent game, you're going to need to be able to hit both ramps, so what's two more? Plus, his level 2 perk doubles the April Hurry-up which can add some good points on the way to a solid game.

Leo's level 2 perk can be pretty useful in completing modes and if Team Up MB gave you points for completed modes the way Final Battle does, I think it would make Leo a potential number 1 choice.

I'd say I play Raph: 60%, Mikey: 30%, Leo: 10% and Donatello: 0%! I'd be psyched if the perks were balanced in such a way that those percentages were closer to 25% each.

#4430 3 years ago

What are people's thoughts on leveling up the Turtles? Has anyone tried a specific strategy related to leveling up?

I was trying to see if I could make Donnie worth playing by leveling up to get the double 123 Foot combo perk and ripping the spinner all game to cash out on 3rd ball but I found that it was excessively tough to make work based on the inconsistent way of start 123 Foot, the fact that you can only collect one Combo per game and the fact that it isn't a gimme to complete it.

#4432 3 years ago

There are 4 holes with T-nuts, place the shaker in the right spot, tighten 4 screws, put the cover on it, tighten 2 screws. Then run the connector to the board on the left side of the cabinet (under the left flipper button).

#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just learnt something re April hurry ups didn’t know you had to start a mode to get to the next hurry up!

Yeah, it's not immediately evident that the scrolling letters in front of the Target mean that you're locked out. Nor is it immediately clear how to re-qualify them.

The real question for me is, what the hell goes into determining the APRIL Hurry-Up value? My understanding is that "the more" that is going on, the higher the value. A clear breakdown would be nice, I'm also not sure if the later Hurry-ups have a higher base value than the 1st one.

#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Battle Again will no longer reset at the start of the ball.

Great to see Battle Again will now carry over. Im tired of making dangerous shots to APRIL to light it and then just draining, this will also make Mikey a stronger choice (though he was already a good choice).

Quoted from J85M:

Increased the base, inc and max values for foot awards collected throughout
the game.

Also glad to see 123 Foot value increased but I wonder if you can still only collect it once per game, still hoping for a way to cycle that light on/off to avoid starting it until you want to try and complete it.

Quoted from J85M:

All awards for all episodes will now be larger based on how many episodes
you previously completed in the game.

I wonder, does this mean an episode's completion bonus will grow for each previously completed mode? If so, that's great. I wanted a "completed episode" bonus at the start of Team Up (like Final Battle), but this is a much better solution.

Quoted from J85M:

Added Neutrino Pizza Party

Nice to see an addition to the rules and more incentive to level up! Also nice to see those stand up targets get some additional usage.

Quoted from J85M:

- Mondo and Grande jackpots during Turtle Power Multiball are now worth 2X and
3X for the 2nd and 3rd+ passes through the same multiball.

So if you collect a second Grande JP, its worth 2X? and a third would be 3X? Seems like a good change. 1 jackpot can kind of just happen but getting a 2nd or 3rd one takes a bit more work, seems nice to be rewarded accordingly.

It would be nice if collecting a 3rd "single mondo jackpot" would count as Triple Mondo Jackpot (for Cowabunga progress).

#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

the value of the individual awards in your current episode increase.

Oh ok, so those would be the "low scoring" part of the episodes rather than the "larger" points for completions. I definitely look forward to actually checking it out after work. It's already on the USB drive and ready to go come 5 o clock.

Thanks Dwight.

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Edit: Actually, Battle Again seems to be kind of screwy at the moment. Occasionally, Michelangelo will start with both outlanes lit. Other non-Mikey turtles may start the game with one Battle Again lit. Doesn't seem to be deterministic--some games you start with one, others two. Random.

I noticed that if I restarted a game it was lighting both Battle Agains in the next game, not sure if you had to be Mikey the first game but I think so. It didnt matter which turtle I played as the 2nd game.

At first I thought Mikeys Level 1 perk was changed to both outlanes lit. I was excited. haha.

#4544 3 years ago

I then one day decided to just camp on it and get the shots down and learn the flow of it.

When you can make that "Center ramp," everything flows so good! Any combo ending with the Center ramp is so satisfying. I kind of wish they figured out a way to include traditional combos into the rules.

#4571 3 years ago

Anyone had a chance to check out Neutrino Pizza Party? I think I jumped from like 31Mil to 81Mil from that mode. Definitely seems like it's gonna need some polish and tweaking, I didn't see a mode score total screen at the end or anything. Glad Dwight snuck it into this update though. So glad its there, it really adds to the value of training/levelling up. It's also kind of cool to have a high value single ball mode type thing, lots of risk/reward especially on a game that is so brutal.

I wonder if Team Up MB would work with a single ball component when you drain down to a 1 ball. Then give you a timer to rescue your Team Up partner at YOUR turtle shot in order to add-a-ball and continue the mode. Or even just a timed grace period to shoot enough shots and then rescue your next turtle to add-a-ball and continue the mode.

#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

for the kids of course

of course

#4591 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Do your homework thunderbird

Don't buy from Thunderbird!

Still, too much for a topper. Especially after conversion from USD to CAD. Id pay $500 CAD, like $350USD + tax seems reasonable for what it is.

#4649 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Curious if the new code changes that much compared to 1.21 code.

Its definitely worth the update. It added a new mode for completing training levels, made jackpots in MB potentially more valuable and added Battle Again carryover between balls (when not used). It seems to make the non-Raphael turtles more enticing to play as.

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

well after seeing this vinyl a few of you have done, i bought some to try out.

Can you link to some for sale? I have no idea what this vinyl entails, but I'm curious because it seems like a doable mod with good results.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Man this is my first pinball ive ever owned, do not know really how to test the coil/ see if a post is jammed. Can you point me in the right direction, any pointers helps.

Do you know how to remove the glass and lift the playfield? I'll send you a PM with a link to a video showing what to check.

#4780 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it's just better to get Foot123

I want to be able to build it's value though, so I always try to avoid hitting that 3rd shot so it will relight each ball. I still think allowing the flippers to turn the inlane on/off and also having a way to purposely re-light it would make it a better feature overall though.

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

why didn’t Stern make TMNT allow you to select which episode you play like they did with AIQ’s gem quests? Seems like a far better format and a no brainer to me - it really makes you think and come up with a strategy.

That would be great for the overall gameplay. I don't really see any downside to that change.

#4834 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Typically you end up picking the same modes every time which means you miss a bunch of the game and get bored faster.

Yeah. I guess there is potential for that. I just think you need to make the modes worth playing by properly rewarding them with perks in TUMB and by being good modes in themselves.

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I’m thinking it would be nice for Team Up where you get perks for beating episodes - for example, Team Up is easier if you start with “Rescue Any”

Very important to make all of the TUMB perks worth collecting so none are just throwaways. Some are clearly better than others so why wouldn't you get those? I want the episodes easily player selectable but the TUMB perks would probably need to be balanced I think.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

The turned Van is definitely growing on me.

Definitely looks nice. I think I'll have to do that myself.

#4915 3 years ago

I was just playing TMNT and realised that Slash's episode name is a Guns N Roses reference: "Welcome to the Concrete Jungle." Not sure if that was obvious to everyone else, but there it is, haha.

#4929 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

It felt good to activate Pizza Party! My son was so excited that he got in and then was out in about 2 seconds! But was disappointed that there was no ball save and not a multiball

30 seconds of cherrybomb style multiball would be cool. Team up is tough to beat, so it would be cool if you were rewarded with a sure thing.

1 week later
#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Personally, I think it's a very rewarding shot when you can hit it. It's all about timing your left flipper to drop and trap the ball behind it. I can hit it with about 80% accuracy from my right flipper.

I think it's probably my favourite shot on the machine. It's funny, because when the playfield was first revealed, I was worried it was going to be too easy to shoot it. haha

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

My foot spinner only registers the last couple of spins.

Maybe the actuator of the switch needs to be adjusted to be slightly more sensitive?

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Basically any kind of rubber or soft shock absorber to stop rattling.

I've also used that black weather stripping foam, like the kind of stuff you can use on standup targets.

#5067 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the Marshmallow topping actually does anything? It claims to allow "Unlimited Jackpots" but it doesn't seem to affect Mondo Jackpot or Jackpoto Grande. I know that hitting the pizza targets scores like 25K and there is a jackpot call out related to them but those appear to be unlimited regardless.

I also have a couple questions for you Prem/LE owners. How does the mushroom topping work? The LAIR lane will hold a single ball for some amount of time? Does it double the playfield scoring or anything?

Also, how does the Glider mode work exactly? Is it like the Krang Kombo where the shots will time out if you dont collect the Glider value? Or is it cumulative through out the game? Does the value max out? Can you collect it multiple times after building it up or does it reset? etc.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not sure if there is a way to extend the time?

Blue shot collects value and resets timer, red shots build blue shot value. The blue shot value maxes out at 6 million, so once you've hit a handful of red shots or if time is getting low, just chase the blue shot. Collected values are actually a bit higher than the values that are displayed.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Struggling to find the extra ball rules!

My understanding is there is an episode extra ball after starting 2 episodes and then another extra ball for collect a bunch of pizza slices, not sure how many, maybe around 60ish? Plus another extra ball from the pict-o-pops.

Maybe your pizza slice or episodes extra ball has auto adjusted to a higher number.

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I just want to share my recent trouble shooting episode with my TMNT Premium.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. My only real issue was the right Battle again light not working because the wires were mixed up but nothing that stopped the game from working as intended. Its always great when the community helps one another out, it helps to overshadow all the bullshit that comes up as well.

#5122 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

1. Lair Ball save, Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2"
2. Pitch down to 6.5
3. Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes"
4. dialed down the auto plunge to 170
5. flipper power in the feature adjustment. Put the three at 185.

1. absolutely do this. you'll still get screwed during MB but there is no need to lose a ball to a bad bounce in single ball play

2. the game plays plenty fast and dangerous at around this pitch. Id suggest starting here and adjusting steeper if need be. I think Im at around 6.7 right now because I felt like some of the shots were more dialed in but thats probably just a placebo effect.

3. I think this should be the default, it makes the battle again feature more active, there are times in MB where I'm actively avoiding using it to save it for when Im down to 2 balls or single ball play. It also boosts the value of picking Michelangelo which I think makes Leo, Raph and Mikey more balance.

4 and 5. I'd personally just see how your game acts. I think i have the lower flippers on default (its huge to the overall fun to be able to backhand both ramps IMO) but my upper flipper dialed down a bit to prevent airballs when rolling over the disk/up the ramp.

in addition, if youre the type of person who will play a lot of games back to back, I cant recommend the pinmonk flipper fans enough! the ability to keep backhanding both ramps in marathon games or a long session cant be understated. They're a bit pricey IMO but the build quality is solid and theyre super effective so it's hard to argue that they arent worth it.

The other thing id suggest is to be aware of how to adjust that stupid pizza disc. Ive been yo-yoing back and forth trying to level it properly and cant get it quite right. The disc has a bit of play (at least mine does) so it makes it hard to adjust both the front and back properly. If its not done right, I start getting airballs when shooting the van, the dimension X targets and the 2X target. But also when shooting the side ramp, and you really want that side ramp shooting smooth.

#5160 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ahh...hitting the lair shot on demand is still kind of my kryponite, so I either haven't done it or just not enough to notice it happening.

The side ramp tends to be what keeps me from looping Turtle Power Add-a-Balls. That and the way more balls leads to triple draining out of multiball more often than I care to admit.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe add a setting for add-a-ball frequency and how many add-a-balls can be awarded.

I actually like the add-a-ball aspect, its like the only thing that makes it different from Ninja Pizza MB. I think disabling the Pict-o-pops add-a-ball for Turtle Power would make sense though. You could make each add-a-ball take an extra Turtle shot or 2 as well.

#5192 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

But I alsway suck at saving the turtles on Team mode..

My average TeamUp MB score is probably like 4M. haha. It would be nice if you could resurrect TeamUp when you drain down to 1 ball by shooting your Turtle's shot with a timer of like 10 seconds or something. Maybe even only if you haven't rescued anyone else yet.

#5194 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

the moment I entered Pizza Party I drained and it was gone. No ball save and its not a multiball. Would be nice if getting through TeamUp rewarded you with at least a brief ball save. Neutrinos is similarly very difficult to get to and then quite unforgiving once in.

Team Up Pizza Party would be cool to be a timed, unlimited ball save mode, maybe 30 seconds or so and then drain the balls and re-launch. I'd like to see Neutrinos with at least like a 10 second ball save timer just to help you get started with it. But it's clear that the code for Neutrinos is very early.

I'm just glad Dwight added it in with the last code update. I think it goes a long way to filling out the overall code: it makes Leo more worthwhile and gives a great but risky scoring strategy that I could see being very useful as an all-or-nothing comeback strategy or even a way to build a quick lead in a competitive environment. Maybe he could add an adjustment for qualifying Neutrino on Level 2, 3 or 4, and then default it to Level 3 as it currently is.

#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

This is why I’d like to see an option where you get to choose which episode you play.

You can hit the 2X target to switch to another episode. But it seems to switch randomly, it would be nice if you could lock in the current episode or something. Maybe hold the action button for like 3 seconds or something. Or even make the Dimension X targets cycle through the episodes in a set order: left target cycles one way, right target cycles the other way.

I think picking the proper episodes for TUMB is one of the best parts of the strategy for the game. Similarly, Id like to see the pizza toppings for NPMB be a little easier to dial in.

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper required for Half shell challenge ?

Thats not how I read it. If so, that would be immensely disappointing.

#5249 3 years ago

I'm getting a weird GI situation. it flashes between red green and white nonstop.. anyone else?

edit. nvm.. I powered cycled and started a game and its normal. Im thinking its related to playing half shell challenge first but I will do some more "testing" later.

#5266 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

This doesn't work. The GI issue persists even after doing this.

Go into Half Shell Challenge and then do the Left flipper + Start button thing, then it should work.

It seems you need to exit out of the challenge itself.

#5269 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

A fix is made and we will release as soon as we can. Because of the holidays that may mean next week or next year. Sorry.

No apologies necessary. And a big thanks for the Half Shell challenge, as well as Neutrino Pizza Party in the previous update!

#5279 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

That only works if you have enabled the quick reset in the options.

either way, the issue has been resolved with 1.41 so no need for the workaround anymore.

#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT is truly a top 5 game, if people just now give it a chance.

I think when more machines get out there, people will actually have a chance to see how good it really is. Especially with the recent code additions from Dwight.

#5313 3 years ago

I'm seeing this glitch as well, though only with the opening lines. Shredder was heard at start of phase 2. But, no dialogue during the start of final battle.

Also, after Final Battle, the last mode you played is already completed. (This one isnt new, but might as well get fixed.)

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

I'm having an odd issue crop up with the pizza parlour on my Pro. Most of the time everything works normally, but every once in a while it won't register a shot there.

Have you checked whether the up post inside the lock area is adjusted properly? My orbit post kept slipping lower over time, maybe your post is resting low enough that fast balls can hit it and jump over it. Id assume the post should be flush with the playfield when the coil fires but hold balls when in rest position.

EDIT: I just lifted the playfield and it turns out that the lock "down post" isn't adjustable like the orbit up post. I'd still check to make sure the down post mech is secure and that the post is returning to the proper up position.

#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Turns out I would indeed miss that on a pro!

My first games on the machine were on an LE and I felt that the diverter was cool but nothing special, now that Ive played a ton of games on my Pro, Id be curious to see what kind of difference it makes in the way I play the game.

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Id buy that for 5100 if I didn’t have one.

Me too. I bought NIB and Im happy with my purchase, especially with the additions in the last couple of updates.

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Didn't get an answer so reposting - after completing Foot 123 combo, does it keep relighting with every new ball? Thanks

nope.If you fail to hit all 3 shots in order before the timer runs out, the mode is unlit for the remainder of your ball but re-lights for the next ball. But if you complete it, its unlit for the rest of the game.

123 Foot could definitely use some tweaks to make it a bit more worth intentionally starting it. Like being able to control whether its lit or not using the flipper buttons.

Actually, I think it would be cool if the flippers always turned it off/on but then you reset the spinner count when you start it or when you drain. but also make the spinner scoring increase based on the number of spins you have built up.

And then it would be a satisfying combo, like it already is, but also be deliberate and buildable. It would also make Donnie a bit more powerful with his perk but I dont think that would be a problem.

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

xaqery maybe this is something that could be tweaked or was this the intention

originally it re-lit each ball, but it was changed due to complaints about it often getting in the way. I prefer it how it is now myself, but it could be better and more interesting with some minor changes.

1 week later
#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

What are your guys' scoring strategies?

I like playing Mikey and going for training level 2 to get Neutrino Pizza Party. My battle again is set to change with the flipper buttons so it makes it a lot safer to pick off the LAIR target and usually a 3 or 4 letters of APRIL in the process.

I also like LEO for his level 2 perk of adding time to episodes, it's subtle if you aren't paying attention but is super helpful in completing modes. During ballsave: work on APRIL targets for "Battle Again", then go for Start Training (and hopefully still get the skill shot), after that is completed only need 1 right ramp to light episode so then I start plugging away on episodes to get to Team Up, hopefully with 3 or 4 perks.

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I like playing Mikey and going for training level 2 to get Neutrino Pizza Party.

I meant to say going for the second training mode (ie. getting to level 3)

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I’ve started getting crazy air balls off the Dimension X stand up targets near the left ramp. Had one launch on to the turtle van today.

Any way to reduce this?

It could be that the back side of the pizza disc is sitting too low (or high?). Take slow motion video with a cellphone of a shot hitting the dimension X targets and see if the ball was in the air before it hit the target or after.

#5657 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This game has so much cool code. Lots going on. Punishing at times! I realize there's some changes like Half Shell Challenge but this rulesheet from Stern is great.

The Tilt Forums Wiki Rulesheet is fully up-to-date with the latest code version and provides quite a bit of detail.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Wondering if there is a bug in this game that makes the flippers randomly lose power then turn on again?

I helped someone with an issue on a Game of thrones where hitting 2+ flippers caused the flipper node board to reset. This made the flippers die and some lights reset as well. In this case it was a failing node board.

Maybe re-seat the connectors on the proper node board under the playfield?

#5735 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Just received notification that my replacement playfield will arrive tomorrow.

What were your playfield issues? Grainy art, clearcoat pooling and chipping?

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

3 settings I change from default are lair ball save, battle again change with flipper instead of slings, and half shell challenge always qualified.

I second that. They seem like such no brainers to me that I'm surprised they arent the default options.

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I'm debating on my next machine. I either want a TMNT pro or a deadpool pro. I know I'm looking for yes men by coming here and asking, but I'd like your thoughts on this? I hear the game is "hard?" Keep in my I love The Walking Dead and my favorite thing is getting killed in that stupid game.

I own TMNT but Ive also played more than my fair share of Deadpool. Here are a few of my disjointed thoughts. Both games really capture their themes, both games have solid layouts with satisfying shots and they both have solid rule sets. The biggest difference to me, is that with TMNT, making a mistake is far more likely to end up in the drain. It's not really that the shots are tight exactly, I think its just that the game tends to kind of funnel the ball to the outlanes, especially the left one. The left and right ramps are pretty steep, there's really no safe exit from the pops and a ball that goes halfway up the "centre ramp" comes back with some serious horizontal motion, usually into the LAIR. Luckily a half made Krang Loop shot usually has enough steam to make its way back to the upper flipper.

With that being said, I think dialing in any machine is important to make it play "properly" or at least to make it play the way you want or think it should. I think TMNT takes a bit more work to dial in than Deadpool but thankfully there is room to do so.

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Where we started / where we're at

Wow, that looks really good.

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

having to get 5 April hurry ups as a qualifier for cowabunga is a bit sadistic as hard as this game is to begin with.

5 completions definitely ends up feeling grindy for sure. It doesnt help that the scoring isnt exactly clear and there's nothing else involved with it. Clear up how scoring works, add a single ball mode for completing it like 3 times and make that the cowbunga qualifier.

The mode wouldnt need to be complex, maybe something simple like a series of hurry ups, where each hurry up gives you less time to get the next one but also increases the starting point value each time.

#5920 3 years ago
Quoted from Kulky:

Also has anyone ever. In the world, got to cowabunga mode? Seems stupidly impossible to get too.

I almost got there once. I came out of Final Battle with everything lit except for the Triple Mondo Jackpot. Then I played Turtle Power MB and Ninja Pizza MB without getting it and then drained while trying to play 4 episodes to re-qualify my multiballs.

I don't really play trying to get Cowabunga because that would be a fools errand. But I think the biggest key is to focus on playing through the episodes and make sure to collect the April Hurry-Ups, especially while in MB. You should be able to play 4 Multiballs + Team Up by the time you play Final Battle so that should give a decent number of opportunities to light and collect it.

What I would like to see is each April Hurry-up getting harder to light (less time before timing out the letters, more hits required, etc.) but then make the scoring more clear (a summary when collecting would be nice, because I believe the rule is "the more things happening, the more it's worth" so then you could have something like: "episode running: 200,000, multiball running: 300,000, APRIL Target hits (while mode running):25,000, etc.) then you would have a clear idea of how to score better in the mode. In addition, and especially if each APRIL hurry-up is harder to start than the last, the second one could be 2X and the third could be 3X (and be the qualifier for Cowabunga).

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

BUG REPORT:
Just had the game completely freeze and reset itself after starting Turtle Power Multi-ball. All balls were deployed, but all the lights cut out shortly after, then about 10 seconds after that the game died and reset.

Question, were you playing as Donatello? I feel like Ive only seen this happen when Ive been Donnie.

#5972 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

For anyone considering closing down the left outline a little by replacing the existing metal post and ring with something larger - don’t. I tried with the next size up post and ring but it was too much and turned the outlane into a ball trap. I’m working on an appropriate solution.

That siamese post people have been using looks like it does the trick, have you looked into that?

Something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

More attractive if you swap it yourself for future sales sake. Plus if you wanted it replaced, why not replace it when it arrives?

I've got a replacement playfield on the way and my plan is to either let the clearcoat cure for a few months or get it re-cleared and then install it. I'm in no hurry to replace a playfield and I can just play it and not worry about any playfield issues and wear for now.

#5980 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Would really be nice to have a code update from Stern to fix the Final Wizard mode voice lines.

I was thinking the same thing, it's actually what reminded me to check out the customized code that is out there. I've installed custom code twice, and both times a new update came from Stern within the week, so fingers crossed!

#5981 3 years ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Thank you Sir, that is what I was telling my wife last night is I thought it depended on your topping. She insisted that pizza multi ball always included 4 balls. Appreciate the help!

On the Pro, you can start NPMB with up to 3 Gummy Bear toppings and have a 6 ball multiball. On the Prem, I believe you can have up to 5 gummy bears for an 8 ball multiball, but I could be wrong about that one.

#6028 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

need to explore the multiball mode stack strat more but it seems like multiball is a lot of work for not a lot of points

Ninja Pizza MB can be pretty valuable if you can get the Octopus topping locked in and also collect a Super Jackpot or two. I think with 2X PF going super jackpots can be worth like 7 or 8 million points. Also, if you get 1 or more fudge topping, it makes it easier to light Mondo JP which, in turn, lights the Super JP.

At least for me, with two balls trapped on the left flipper, I can backhand into the Lair shot like 90% of the time.

One other suggestion, when mb starts aim for the Lair target to get 2X lit. Im no math-magician but I'm pretty sure 2X > 1X.

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’ll definitely give this a try sounds fun. I’ll probably try to add Raphael’s training level 3 perk extra playfield x and try to get the ice cream topping so mondo is lit at the start.

better yet, get the chili pepper and have super jackpot start lit.

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

My perfect pizza topping stack would be...ice cream, peppers, octopus, marshmallows, gummy bears.

What exactly does the Marshmallow topping do? I understand it's supposed to be "unlimited jackpots" but what does that actually mean?

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

The only and I mean only thing I don’t like is that they used sounds from Ghostbusters and it drives me crazy.

which sounds did they re-use?

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, totally different and a completely separate mode/multiball from the TMNT parlor pizza party.

For the record, it's a single ball mode with no ball save. See here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--neutrinopizzaparty for details.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Does anyone know if the foot value that increases with the spinner affects anything other than 1-2-3 Foot?

Is there any benefit to increasing that value after you've completed 1-2-3 Foot?

No and no, as far as I can tell. Which is a shame. 123 Foot could definitely use a couple of small tweaks to make it feel more complete.

1 week later
#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Have you made it to Final Battle to hear the missing call out? Now if the entire Final Battle mode was missing and the code is past 1.0 that is a issue most would be upset about.

It's also an issue with Final Battle Challenge, which is quite accessible. With that being said, I agree that it's not a huge issue (as long as they fix it eventually.) This bug actually reminded me to check into whether the custom code variations were working with the newest code, so that was nice.

#6217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I know its off topic but has anyone seen how man AIQ and LZ pins up for sale lately..... not so happy customers??

I've seen 0 in my area but that's not indicative of the overall pinball community. In general, lots of TMNT machines seemed to be up for sale early on too. I think people like to get the latest machines, then they play them a bit and realize they aren't a fan so they sell them. Or they just get their fill and move on. It probably doesn't help that there are so few opportunities to play the new games on location either. That's normally a good way to try the newest games or to make an informed decision whether you should buy a new game.

#6231 3 years ago

That one and the static floating baxter stockman could use a little work. But really a lot of the animations are awesome.

Personally, Id rather time and attention goes into tweaking game rules instead of some of the bad animations. But both would sure be nice!

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Trust me Dwights on it!

That's certainly good to hear. I love the game as it currently sits but I feel like a few, mostly minor, tweaks could definitely elevate it to another level. I have so many big and small thoughts and ideas after having played far too many games on it so far.

My general hope would be to add adjustments for Battle Again difficulty and/or adding more opportunity to light Battle Again and to create more scoring opportunities or ways to focus on and build the Weapon Hurry-up, 123 Foot Combo, and Krang Kombo.

I'm curious what everybody else thinks of these modes as they currently exist. I also want to know what all goes into the APRIL Hurry-Up scoring.

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hes following along so any input or ideas good or bad im sure he will appreciate.

In that case, and I wouldnt be surprised if they already know about these but, here are the V1.41 bugs I've noticed.

Portal in the Park/Final Battle
-sounds missing

Weapon hurry-up
-When you get the skill shot, the weapon hurry-up inlane insert doesn’t light right away when you skip the animation stuff. This means you may accidentally start the WHU just because you are impatient.

Team Up MB
-Battle Again insert does not light
-APRIL target spell out not lit but remains active

Training Modes
-Completing mode, left ramp will count toward episode qualify as well
-maybe make completing a training level another way to qualify the next episode start as added incentive for training?
-APRIL Target lights are off, but remains active (to light Battle Again, I believe)
-Pause mode, or maybe show APRIL light progress for a couple seconds after hitting the target, or just light it like normal

Neutrino Pizza Party mode (the mode that you can get after getting your Turtle to Level 3)
-qualification time out keeps running while locked out of starting it, not sure if you can keep hitting the targets to keep it qualified or not
-no Title Screen and no End Screen/Total Points screen (I understand the mode was probably added late and I am super grateful it is in there at all because I love the mode and how it can make the Training Modes feel more worthwhile.

Restore Settings
Half Shell Challenge high score restores, but the individual Turtle Times do not.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't mind a longer team up ball save for that matter. I usually drain out the second the ball save drops on that one.

My suggestion would be to let Team Up either continue in single ball play OR when you drain to one ball, start a countdown timer to shoot YOUR turtle shot to rescue your Team up partner and then continue the mode. However, there is currently an adjustment for the ball save timer on Team Up.

#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Another very, very minor gripe I have is that training doesn't stack when you shoot the lair to finish a mode like it does for Leo's skill shot.

Do you mean the way that it doesn't complete the mode AND start training at the same time? If so, I prefer it the way that it currently is. Though, I suppose in this case, you could just shoot one of the other 3 turtle shots (I tend to always choose the left ramp.)

I'm generally a fan of choosing when specific modes and multiballs start and not being forced to start them in order to advance something else. Kind of like how you can be 1 shot away from Turtle Power MB but still need to shoot the right ramp to light your next Episode so then you're screwed trying to stack Episode with MB.

With that being said, those types of awkward stacking situations CAN be a good chance to plan ahead and strategize. For example, the first thing I typically try and do is get 1 shot away from Turtle Power MB, then start an Episode and then start Turtle Power MB. That way I make sure I don't end up locking myself out of the stack.

#6317 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Nope, there‘s several reports from Pro owners around pages 80/81 of this thread

I believe I've seen it at least once on the current code version. But generally speaking, it has mostly happened for me when playing as Donatello.

#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Quick tip: Someone has probably already posted this before but if your backglass is rattling against the back box when nudging just place a couple of felt tabs in the corners. Works like a charm!

Good tip! I like to use the same weather stripping foam I use for stand up targets.

#6344 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Like the game but fuck borg for the lair shot have had the glass off for half an hour now. Shot geometry is bad.

To each their own but the Lair shot is one of my favourite pinball shots. I like under flipper shots in general so that helps. But when the machine was released, from pictures, I was certain that shot was gonna be stupid easy and the ball would constantly end up in there. Oh how wrong I was.

After playing the game a ton, I definitely feel comfortable hitting that shot in a variety of ways. A left flipper backflip, left flipper backhand with 2 balls cradled and a right flipper forehand.

3 weeks later
#6422 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Maybe it's because it's mine and not one I am borrowing, but I'm liking how the pro plays overall compared to the pre.

I played like 6 games on an LE before I got my Pro and Im very content with my Pro. But Id definitely like to play a Prem/Le now that I know so much more about the rules. Knowing which flipper you want the ball to go to is so important for making that diverter worthwhile and I think it could really be a nice touch when you know what you're doing.

Luckily Ive got a buddy who picked up a Premium and just as soon as we can start having private gatherings again, I'll definitely be inviting myself over!

#6442 2 years ago

Anyone feel like the Team Up Multiball is a serious let down after playing 4 episodes? I've put up a lot of plays and it finally dawned on me, getting to Team Up isn't a gimme, yet it has very little payoff. I've heard a lot of people talk about Dwight and "pinball moments," Team Up seems like the perfect place to really have something exciting and rewarding happen. Id hate for another Borg game to just copy it, but if Team Up MB was a "Cherry Bomb"-calibre mode, that would be perfect.

#6445 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

for me this set up works fine.

Thats fair. But dont get me wrong, I like the structure of the mode as a mode in general, I just don't like the difficulty of execution and typically low scoring of it. I feel like it takes work to get there and I want to be rewarded for it, rather than just being a marking point that Ive relit my 2 multiballs.

Even throw in some grace periods or even single ball play and I think it would be a massive improvement. When I said "Cherry Bomb"-calibre mode, I didnt mean an unlimited MB, it's just that when you get Cherry Bomb, you have a feeling of accomplishment, a moment to maybe relax and big points (with the potential for huge points).

I also wouldnt mind more benefits for completing 4 episodes before starting it. Like points (similar to final battle) or starting with 3 balls or something else.

#6446 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I feel very similar, I think it would be better if after losing one ball it would still continue rather than just end. You’d still have a chance of rescuing the others to add more balls. Maybe after adding a ball, or balls, and then draining back to a single the second time it ends.

This, a million times this!

#6460 2 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I actually think this is something that needs to be fixed with the code - Final Battle should end prior to draining all balls - otherwise you can't get to Cowabunga unless you finish FB on ball 2...

You can beat final battle though.

#6461 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Maybe I'm just dense, but those perk descriptions mean ABOSOLUTELY nothing to me. Bebop equals rocksteady? Rescue any? Okay?

There's clearer explanations here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--episodes

#6464 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

What’s pizza party X2

If you get to Pizza Party after rescuing all the turtles, then it's worth 2X the points.

Quoted from billrz:

kill all foot soldiers

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I think it's actually kill all but 1 "bad guy" and then you need a weapon shot and then you can rescue, still super useful but kind of misleading.

#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Unfortunately it only had one apron card when I traded. Anyone got a scan of the other apron card?

I tried scanning the original ones a while back when I was making some custom ones but for some reason they turned out horrible. These are the ones I made if you'd like something to fill the space until someone more competent than me can scan the stock ones for you. It would be nice if Stern would upload the files for games with customized cards though.

Print_V2_LEFT.pdfPrint_V2_LEFT.pdfPrint_V2_RIGHT.pdfPrint_V2_RIGHT.pdf
1 week later
#6500 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

I thought of that and I don't believe so - the handle is attached the rod itself, so the whole thing replaces the original. I used the trick of pulling off the tip and putting a post rubber inside to give the end/tip enough length to shoot the ball correctly. works like a charm.

Is the tip of the Katana shooter rod shorter than a stock one?

#6508 2 years ago

The more I look at that damn Katana plunger, the more I'm thinking I wanna grab one.

What do you owners think after having presumably used it a fair bit?

#6515 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Unfortunately TMNT still has a few nasty lingering bugs that need to be squashed

I just found/confirmed a bug relating to Team Up MB. If you have a Turtle ready to rescue, and then drain down to one ball, it seems there is a grace period where you can shoot the shot and get your add-a-ball but the mode still ends and you end up with 2 balls in single ball play. Seems like the add-a-ball has a different grace period than the mode itself.

#6535 2 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

I'm a bit freaked out
I have my pin up & running for like a month, my first one ever
I have around 300 games in
Today I just realized those wear... It seems quite serious to me for this little amount of games!
Is that something I will be able to restore when I want to sell it??
Is there something I can do to limit this, besides being a better player and shooting less often and those damn targets when aiming for the left ramp??

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm not seeing the problem in your second picture?

I think the magnet "wear"? Honestly, in my opinion, neither of those are really even issues to worry about. That target is zoomed in very close, no one is ever actually looking that closely. I know it's easier said than done, just my two cents.

#6538 2 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Yeah, that was my concern with the pizza.
Thanks for your replies guys, I know that when time comes to sell, people look VERY close to your game
In the meantime I'll do my best to improve and shoot more the actual ramp...

Hey man, targets need to get hit too! Don't take that away from them, it's all they have!

The other thing to consider is, if a part is replaceable and relatively cheap, there's no way it should affect re-sale value down the road. People DO look very closely at things like playfields but they are expensive and difficult to replace.

#6545 2 years ago

Right. But holding it down on ball 1 doesn't work 100% of the time.

While it does work 100% of the time on ball 2 and 3 for me.

I feel like when Im Donatello, it doesnt work for me on ball 1. Maybe Ill test after work today. I dont notice this with any other turtle.

#6547 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

So this morning it has gotten worse. It stays up and doesn't even go down now. Anyone heard of this or experienced it? Got to be common across any machine? So in a moment I'll dig around regarding an up post that stays up. Bit of a shame, just a few days in - but I suppose its life of a pinball owner?! Will call my distrubutor also this morning and see what they suggest. I did the coil test and it stays up right at the start and doesn't go down. Whereas last night was going up and down during the test.

The post might be binding on the playfield through hole, so you could try loosening the mech from below and tightening it in place better centered. Just a thought.

#6550 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Best to do some real work first....I suppose!

That's where you're wrong! haha. good luck.

#6570 2 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Is the code in a complete and satisfying state now?
* What other modern Stern does this feel like, if any? Both in terms of software and the layout.
* Are all of the mechanical kinks worked out now? How fussy are the mechs?
* Pro or Premium/LE? I love good mechanical toys, is it worth it here? I almost always go Premium/LE.

My last two games were Deadpool and Stern Star Wars, so I'd like to get something that plays differently from those. I have a huge soft spot for TMNT, so modding in the cartoon clips seems like a no-brainer.

Any thoughts, or pointing me in the right direction, are appreciated. Thanks!

I've owned my machine for nearly a year and played way too many games on it. I have a lot of opinions on it (consult my post history in this thread as evidence). But ultimately, I feel like I have a well-informed perspective.

First things first: TMNT is definitely a different experience than Deadpool and Star Wars, so no worries there. Definitely has a bit of an IronMan feel due to the fast drains and general difficulty. It's got close shots that come back fast when you miss and pretty hungry outlanes, particularly the left one. It's important to make sure your slings aren't set too sensitive or you're gonna have a bad time.

Cartoon code (retaining the Stern sounds) is the way to go. Most of the stock animations are pretty decent, even if a few leave a bit to be desired. April animations SUCK! simple as that, they alone make the cartoon code worth trying. I feel like the sound department did a great job and the call out sound-a-likes do a solid job but I've watched most of the TMNT cartoons so I'm used to more than one voice actor doing the different voices already.

Pro vs Prem, I'd vote Pro personally. From my limited experience on an LE, the Van ball lock was cool but nothing I couldnt live without, the Pizza disc moving both ways is nice but again the Pro pizza messes with the ball plenty (and it's not really integrated into any of the episodes), and the diverter seemed tough to use with how fast the ball moves, especially with the side ramp. Regarding the diverter I would like more time on Prem/LE now that I know which flipper I want the ball going to during specific modes to make a "final" opinion. If money wasn't an issue, I'd go Premium, it is an upgrade but I don't think the increased cost justifies it.

Finally, code. This isn't Munsters or Ghostbusters (pre-final update). The code definitely has a feeling of being almost complete but still needs some bug fixes and final polish (specifically the Neutrino Pizza Party Mode needs a mode end screen). To me the gameplay consists of lighting and playing episodes, stacking an episode with one of the two multiballs if possible and getting to Team Up MB, then doing it again trying to get to Final Battle. To me, this mechanic is pretty solid and time-tested to work. Beside this main element, there are Turtle Perks and leveling your Turtle up to gain the later perks (and increased scoring). This is also a solid mechanic but I feel like it's underdeveloped/under-utilized. Some of the perks just aren't able to be utilized in any meaningful way and I believe are a throwback to an earlier code idea of saving your Turtle's level between games. I think it's this mechanic that makes the game unique and bolstering it in a future code update could really make this game shine. Outside of that there are a number of shallow objectives that are difficult but satisfying to complete. These are things like 1-2-3 Foot Combo, Krang Kombo, Weapon Hurry-ups, etc. To me they are one off things that help to make the game feel "full," but don't really contribute to normal game progression. But then, they do figure into qualifying the ultimate wizard mode: COWABUNGA. Being part of qualifying kind of feels like Dwight was trying to make these side objectives
"matter." But I still think there is something missing there, like if they somehow contributed to the Episodes or Training gameplay mechanics or something, they'd feel more integrated.

This may have turned into more of a review than a reply and it's just one man's perspective but hopefully it helps you to make a decision on it. Hopefully my comments, particularly relating to the code, don't come off as too negative. I've had a friend offer to buy it from me and I have refused, so I think that says a lot about my feelings on the game. I'd probably rate it below Deadpool, Avengers and Jurassic Park, primarily because those games feel more cohesive overall but above Star Wars, Black Knight and Stranger Things (though it's probably in their "Tier").

Disclaimer: This is ALL my OPINION and I understand people have different opinions, feelings and perspectives.

#6572 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

My favorite shot is the Lair shot

I agree, great shot. I still laugh at myself for thinking it was going to be TOO EASY when it was revealed. haha

#6588 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

umb question, is there a mode called Rad something? I get to some mode I hadn't seen before. Machine went very dark with the red shots lit and one blue. I think it may have been the Neutrino Pizza Party but I thought for sure it said Rad Mode. There was so much going on it was hard to watch the screen.

It might say radical in the animation or something but yeah thats the Neutrino Pizza Party mode. Red shots to build value, blue to collect. It still needs some mode text and a finish screen but I'm glad Dwight threw it in to the last update.

#6606 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I don't think TMNT fully gets the love it deserves, as the theme seems very hit or miss with people.

It almost seems like the game kind of got skipped over by a lot of people because of the timing of the release. It shoots really good, the call outs and music are great, and it's quite a challenging game overall. I think the game could still use some balancing for both scoring and objectives but what's there is pretty fun to play.

#6613 2 years ago

I think it's the initial difficulty of the game. It's a punishing game. So I can see the casual player not being as on board with the game.

I think you're right. To address the difficulty, I would like to see a few more ball save opportunities added. Episode start ball save for example, possibly a pop bumper exit left outlane ball saver, maybe additional ways to re-light battle again. They don't necessarily need to be on by default but I think having them in the adjustments would allow people to tweak the playability for all skill levels.

#6634 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread (tried searching) but how do you level up your turtle? Are the training modes actual modes with certain shots to hit?

the first Training mode you need to shoot the right ramp then the left ramp
the second Training mode you need to shoot: right ramp > right orbit > left orbit > left ramp
the third Training mode you need to shoot: Right Ramp > Krang Loop > Centre Ramp > Left Ramp
The whole mode is timed, the LAIR mono-target adds time, shooting the proper shot should add some time as well I believe. They're not really hurry-ups, just normal lit shots, one at a time.

#6638 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! Much appreciated. The training modes sound like a cool mode idea and add another layer of depth to the game.

I agree, and adding the "Neutrino Pizza Party" mode qualified after getting to Level 3 really made the Training that much more valuable to go for. Id still like to see the perks for each Turtle tweaked/reworked. There are some of them that just aren't that useable or valuable. For example, Leos level 4 perk makes Team Up MB valuable, but by the time you get there, you've likely already played Team Up. The level 1 (ie. starting) perks are all pretty good though, so at least that makes picking the different turtles good. Making all of the later perks more valuable would elevate the overall game in a big way, in my opinion.

1 week later
#6691 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

I wonder if maybe this was just typo and he meant Van Lock? I am not aware of any differences in the Lair between premium and Pro but now you have me intrigued.

In Ninja Pizza Multiball, the Premium can hold a ball in the LAIR lane, I'm not sure of the specifics but I believe having the mushroom topping enables it. The premium has a 2nd switch to allow this, so it's definitely something they easily COULD HAVE added to the Pro but it's important to have distinguishing features between Pro and Prem so people have more reasons/justifications to upgrade.

#6705 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does anyone has a specific strategy for playing episodes and what is the order and why?

If Im actually focusing on burning through episodes and getting to Team UP MB, I like to start by getting Turtle Power MB ready, starting "I want a body" and then starting Turtle Power. Then getting "Mousers" with Ninja Pizza MB as the 2nd or 3rd episode. If I have a MB close and it lands on the Slash mode, I also like to stack those just because I find Slash to be a tough mode to complete but valuable if you make it to Team UP MB.

Basically, I NEED the mousers mode to advance well in Team Up and the I want a Body perk is equally as valuable. After Team Up, I just play whatever is lit, because I have to play everything to get to Final Battle anyway.

#6706 2 years ago

also, the reason I try and get Turtle Power with the 1st mode, is that I wanna avoid locking myself out of stacking a mode with it which tends to happen if I save it for a later mode.

#6708 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

By turtle power, you mean turtle power mutltiball by hitting the right ramp 4 times to have ready?

So you move the episode selection window by using the two “X” standups at the bottom of the left ramp?

Correct and correct. the left X target will move the selected episode on the SCREEN Up, the right X will move it down. The left X is safer because the upper flipper can hit it and you should be able to backhand it using the left flipper. But I find it has to be a pretty quick button tap so the upper flipper gets outta the way.

#6716 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Tried your strategy and it makes it so much more fun, rather than not caring which episode is up.

Is there any other approaches to the order in the episodes and reasons for picking them in what order?

What exactly does getting #3 and #4 episode completed, before team up give you in beating the team up strategy?

You can see what each completed episode perk does here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--episodes

I tend to play that episode strategy as Raph or Mikey or try and level up to level 3 and start the Neutrino Pizza Party mode as Leo.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599/1#heading--neutrinopizzaparty

#6734 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Which switch hit?

any switch counts for an increasing number of points. If you can keep ripping the spinner with 2X playfield going, you can rack up some serious points. Also, on the Pro, keep using the ball saver as long as it's active to plunge into the pop bumpers.

Valuable strategy, overpowered though.

1 week later
#6817 2 years ago

Balls don't lock inside the van on the Pro. That's a premium and LE feature.

I think he is referring to locking in the "Ninja Pizza Parlor"/under the van. If so, there is no virtual lock setting as far as Im aware, though it would be a nice option to have. As it would set you up for more frequent shots to the upper flipper ramp.

1 week later
#6888 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Fingers crossed for one final update similar to what was done for MET/IMDN/GB etc. I'm happy with where the game is right now, but the scoring could definitely use some adjustments and the rare Multiball causing the game to freeze bugs need to go.

I've had my Pro for over a year now and am still in the honeymoon stage, I really love this game. Most of my friends, pinheads or not, can't stand it or think its unfair, but the theme integration, tough layout and insane requirements to beat it keep me coming back. I think this game is a keeper for me.

Yeah score balancing would be great. episodes should be worth more, completing Training modes should be worth some points upfront too and getting to Team Up should pay out for each completed episode (like final battle).

I think it would also be nice if there were more opportunities to light Battle Again, even if off by default, that would be great to make the game a little safer for less skilled players. Like if every APRIL completion lit Battle again, or if Battle Again could be BOTH outlanes, Im happy theres already the option to control which one is lit using the flipper buttons though.

#6891 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

One thought I had would be to add a ‘weapon shot’ to the action button. Every time I time I collect a successful “weapon hurry up” I think how cool it would be to get a weapon added to your turtle to use during Episode battles.

Great idea, not sure how it would work with the Prem though, maybe hold the action button to use it?

I think finishing an episode at YOUR turtle could light the Weapon Hurry Up OR it could give you one of the Weapon Booms you are suggesting.

#6896 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think finishing an episode at YOUR turtle could light the Weapon Hurry Up OR it could give you one of the Weapon Booms you are suggesting.

I was thinking about this a bit more and was thinking, IF this were implemented, it could make for a great, unique co-op game mechanic where if someone finishes the episode at the turtle shot of another player, that player would get the Weapon "Boom".

1 week later
#6930 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

What pitch do you guys find works well?

Ive had mine st 6.5, 6.8, and 7 and ultimately I prefer 6.5. Game is still plenty fast and drainy but I find balls near the outlanes are just a touch more saveable, especially the dreaded Borg double-inlane skip to the outlane on the left side.

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Can someone confirm that this is why it varies between starting with 3, 4, and even sometimes (I think) 6 balls? Also, what specifically am I trying to accomplish during this multiball? Thanks for clarifying.

Gummy Bears, each one adds an additional ball to the Multiball. As for the objective of the multiball, shoot 6 lit blue shots (foot shots) to light the Krang Loop for a Mondo Jackpot which then lights the LAIR shot for a Super Jackpot.

#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Relatively new owner here and trying to learn the rules.

Not sure how deep you wanna go with learning the rules but there is a detailed rule sheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599

1 week later
#7025 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

P21s 100% carnuba is some amazing wax!

Where do you find that? I'm almost out of wax so I should really pick some more up.

#7032 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

One more thing, how do you load up Turtle Power? 4 shots to the right ramp? I keep starting it as I hit the right ramp to startode, which means the MB is wasted.

When the Turtle Power insert is flashing, you have 1 more shot to start the MB. Pro tip: get 1 shot away from the MB before starting the first episode to avoid "wasting" the MB by not stacking it with an episode. I like the "Krang Wants a Body" episode because the right ramp is a mode shot as well the MB start and the perk for Team Up is huge!

#7034 2 years ago

So I hit the right ramp 3 times, TP will flash, then I start mode. Hit right ramp once more in that mode to start the TP MB?

Yep.

#7064 2 years ago

The title forum and official Stern rules don't expand on this at all. Tilt only list the 2 episode EB, and Stern says the other one come from eating pizza???

Anyone know how that even happens? I know from time to time it tells me to hit the action button to eat pizza, but I have zero idea what starts that mode.

There are two pizza targets on the playfield. Hitting those targets gives you a piece of pizza. When you collect 7 pieces (I think), the next time you hit either target will start the Pizza Frenzy mode where you have a short amount of time to hit the action button up to 40 times to collect additional pizza. When you collect like 55-60ish (not sure of the exact amount and it might auto-adjust somewhat) you will light extra ball at the Pizza Parlour.

And you mentioned one EB from the pop bumpers? What are the requirements of that?

It's the standard "pict-o-pops" style pop bumpers that Dwight has done in a few other games (Ghostbusters for example): each pop bumper will cycle through random mystery awards, when 2 pop bumpers land on the same award at the same time, it will lock in and then when the 3rd pop matches it, you receive that award. Extra ball is one of these awards, but I'm not sure how each specific award is weighted/how frequent it occurs.

1 week later
#7090 2 years ago

How are you guys getting these 100M+ scores?

I got to phase 2 of the Final Battle and still only had like 70M haha!

Raphael at Level 3 makes your 2X Playfield become 3X, so that can really help. Plus his Level 4 Perk is 3X Episode scoring. I think my biggest scores have come from having 2 huge Ninja Pizza MBs, and getting to Final battle with lots of completed modes plus the playfield X going when I start Final Battle. The other way, is to blow up the "Neutrino Pizza Party" mode (the one you light from getting to level 3). That mode can be super valuable if you are able to consistently hit the 2 orbits and the 2 ramps in order to keep resetting the mode timer.

#7100 2 years ago

Curious to know what you guys think?

Ive got so many ideas for what Id like tweaked/fixed/changed but in summary: Scoring balance, Turtle Perks balanced to be worthwhile and useful, rework 123 Foot into something that doesnt just get in the way of the rest of the game, rework cowabunga requirements so they arent so grindy/arbitrary feeling.

Not vital but something that would be nice is making the center ramp spot a ramp for lighting episodes, this would prevent having to play Turtle Power MB without an episode (without needing 123 foot to be going).

Overall, the core of the game is solid MB with episodes, Team Up, the Training is cool too but then all the side-type stuff (April HU, Krang Kombo, 123 Foot, Weapon HU) seem to be not very valuable and seem like their only purpose is to qualify Cowabunga which could be qualified by completing Final Battle, getting to Level 4 and getting a Super Jackpot or something more straightforward like that.

#7108 2 years ago

Think about 123 Foot as a mode in the current code. The scoring is tied to the spinner which is cool because it actually makes use of an under-used spinner but really, the value of 123 Foot mostly just goes up in the later game unless you really focus on ripping the spinner. This means that if it happens to start on ball 1, you should probably AVOID completing it or it won't be worth anything. With that being said, I should try and see what that absolute largest 123 Foot score I can get is, I suspect the points really aren't worth the effort that goes into it. This is especially true when it accidentally starts (which is most of the time) and you haven't had a chance to build it up yet.

123 Foot clearly needs some work to make it a worthwhile mode, but damn does it feel good to complete as 3-way combo. Here's one of my ideas for it: Qualify 123 Foot with spinner spins, cycle the 1-2-3 Foot lane on/off with flipper buttons, and 123 Foot value still increases based on total spins. After X spins (say 30): light 123 Foot inlane, if you start 123 Foot now, the "1 shot"(Right Ramp) would be lit for 1X Foot Value and that is all. If you get another X spins before starting it, the "1 shot" then the "2 shot" would be lit for 1X and 2X, respectively. And then the same for lighting the "3 shots" to have the 1, then 2, then 3 shots lit for 1x, 2x, and 3x. And then reset progress/foot value after starting. For good measure you could even throw in an additional layer where if you shoot the 1, 2 shots as a combo, both shots are worth 2X foot value, if you have the 1, 2, 3 shots all qualified and hit it as a 3-way combo, then each shot could count as 3X foot value. Other things: you could have the foot value reset each ball to make it a risk/reward feature to build it up and/or lighting the 1, 2 and 3 shots progress could reset each ball and as well (probably as operator adjustments).

To get a sense of the scoring, if you build up the foot value to 1 million, with 1, 2 and 3 all lit it could be worth 6 to 9 million points. I think getting the foot value that high takes a lot of spins currently so with a resetting foot value it would be tough to build it that high. Add in the fact that you need to hit it as a 3-way combo to maximize the value. In order to score balance this feature, you just need to adjust how much the a spinner hit adds to the foot value. I think the way I described it makes it seem much more complicated than it actually is. Basically, shoot spinner to build Foot value and light 123 Foot Combo. More spins before starting adds up to 3 shots for the combo.

I know it's likely far too late for a change this drastic to be made, but a man can dream.

#7109 2 years ago

Idea for Weapon Hurry-Ups: Light inlane through skill shot OR by ending a mode at your specific Turtle's shot, start by rolling over lit inlane.
1st WHU: Shoot either orbit to light center ramp, shoot center ramp to collect. If you complete the 1st WHU, the next WHU will be the 2nd WHU.
2nd WHU: Shoot either orbit, then the other orbit to light center ramp, shoot center ramp to collect.
3rd WHU: Shoot either orbit, then the other orbit, then the other orbit to light center ramp, shoot center ramp to collect.
4th+ WHU: etc.

Basically, the mode would be alternating orbit shots and finishing off at the center ramp. The value of the later WHU would keep going up and then have a High score for most WHU collected.

#7111 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

If you don’t like the game code as is, it’s probably not changing much.

I certainly dont disagree with you there. For me, I do like the main game, I just wish the side features mattered for game progress or even just points. I have no delusions that my rules ideas will be implemented. I just like discussing game rules both as they are or as they could be.

Personally, I bought TMNT because the layout, art and theme and I was cautiously optimistic that the code would develop in a direction that suits my style and interests. I like the core of the game (Episodes and MBs), I've played 1000s of games on it and I dont regret my purchase. But after that many plays, Im going to inevitably think about the finer points of the game.

I hope my suggestions aren't interpreted as complaints or empty criticism, they're ideas that would make the overall package more complete for ME. I do have ideas that I think would also make the game better for casual players and location play, that might help it appeal to a wider audience as well but I don't generally post those suggestions because they are less important to me specifically.

#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would also like to see a bigger differentiation between the two main multiballs. I do not like that they both use Mondo Jackpots and Jackpoto Grandes. Either split them up, or better yet, eliminate the Triple Mondo requirement, leaving only the Grande as the Cowabunga requirement for Pizza. Remove both from Turtle Power and have the Add-A-Ball shot be considered the super for that mode and a requirement for Cowabunga.

I agree with everything you said. But for all of my thoughts on the code, I haven't thought too much about the multiballs. My only real thought about multiballs has been to make it more straightforward to select your pizza toppings, plus I'm pretty sure the Marshmallow topping doesn't do anything. But this idea is great! Plus it seems like a simple change which, I assume, would be relatively easy to implement.

#7128 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

I mentioned what about a scoring balance etc. He said that the scoring for this game was an experiment that didn't work and changing the coding for this would be a chunk of work.

I wonder what that means. Like was he just talking about the "low scoring" being an experiment? Or the way the scoring is balanced between modes/features? It would be a real bummer if a future update just saw an extra "0" added to the scoring and not a proper balance to make single ball play more lucrative. This morning, I had a game with a 71 million point Ninja Pizza Multiball and another one where I got to Final Battle/Portal in the Park and ended up with like 68 million points total.

#7140 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just had my best game of 65m, is that decent?

Id say thats a good score. But the scoring on the game is a bit wonky, so you could get those kind of points from a well played Ninja Pizza MB or from a good Neutrino Pizza Party. I think anything over 50M means you probably did something right.

2 weeks later
#7208 2 years ago

We don't learn (myself included)...

Look back to every game he has been on, and it's the same story. Sure, he may eventually finish it up (GB, GoT, etc) but as owners, we're always left for an uncertain amount of time with a game that either is missing modes or has bugs.

Mando was a total dream theme for me, and I would have normally got in on an LE, but I decided to vote with my wallet and pass. You see how we're saying "he's finishing up Mando"? That's the pattern. He's not! He'll get the game to a good playing state, and then he'll jump ship and start on something else.

Look at the other coders at Stern... They don't do this.

Personally, I'm done with Dwight games.

I definitely jumped on this game because the theme, layout and art, full well knowing that the code likely wouldn't become what I wanted. I'm not upset or anything, but I was certainly hoping that it would develop into a game that would be bolted to the floor. However, I now find myself kind of holding onto it in anticipation of a future code update. The thing is, there's a good game there, it just ends up being a bit too shallow for my play style. I think it would make a pretty good location game though, especially with a few more ball save opportunities. Ultimately, Episodes, Multiballs, Teamup MB, and Final Battle offer a pretty solid gameplay experience.

Tldr: For the code, I knew what I was likely getting and I got it. haha.

#7213 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Everyone do yourself a favor and turn that third flipper's power up to max 255. Now that third ramp is a breeze.

Turning mine down made it way, way more consistent.

#7216 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know why it was just April when almost everything else was top notch. Iron Maiden had numerous animation changes done well into the release cycle and even into the last update. Why didn't Stern improve April, at least the "Shitty April" ones.

Rob

I think sometimes less is more, the Slash episode looks really good with that Shadowy silhouette style. But the April animations haunt me in my dreams.

#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yes less is more. But I think you are noticing the lack of lighting in the other scenes. That would make them look much nicer. The slash scenes show actual ambient design.

Good point.

#7251 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Do any of you let the episode timer run down instead of trying to complete the episode to get progress? I was thinking if I just cradle the ball and let the episode timer run, I'd probably have much better odds of getting to team up and maybe even to the final episode (albeit with zero perks).

The game will pause the episode timer if you stop hitting switches so you'll have to strategically time out episodes by shooting "safe" shots. But it is useful to take advantage of in Training Modes, as long as you have like 5 seconds to spare, you can trap up and take your time.

2 weeks later
#7351 2 years ago

Anywhere else a good source to buy the default flipper rubbers? Pinball Life trying to charge me 16 bucks to ship 6 rubbers. What?!?

I think MarcoSpecialties.com does $8 shipping within the US, could be wrong though.

#7365 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

How do you guys have yours set up? Pitch, sling power, flipper power, tips and tricks?

Set the LAIR lane ball save to 2 seconds (default of 0), and set the Battle Again outlane to change with the flippers (default: changes with sling hits)

#7385 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

This switch is a major design flaw in the game. I like to select my turtle and hold the left flipper to open the upper gate so the ball skips the pops so I can immediately go for the upper loops. But if I don’t time the left flipper hold perfectly…I end up selecting the next turtle in the lineup. Dumb.

Just hold the flipper BEFORE selecting your Turtle. Pretty easy workaround, though a nice code change would be to change your turtle on flipper release, rather than the flipper press.

#7389 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I thought i saw in the settings that you can make the turtle selection not scroll…. That would also solve it

That just makes it auto-scroll through the Turtles or not. But the flippers will still cycle through them as well. But yes, definitely a setting to turn off in my opinion.

#7392 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I really REALLY wish there was a way for the lair shot to override 123 foot. 123 foot is essentially triggered randomly. The lair shot is super specific and skill based. It makes sense for the intentional shot to override the unintentional rollover. Is there any way to fix this?

Make the 123 Foot light cycle on/off with the flippers, would be my suggestion. I hate when I have Turtle Power lit, start an episode and the ball goes down the 123 Foot lane, and now I can't start Turtle Power.

#7418 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I refuse to reflow solder joints on a one hour old pin

well, I hope you aren't waiting for Stern to send someone over.

#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"One cool thing coming is TEAM-UP spots a needed Cowabunga item"

Oh wow, thats actually huge. I never though of anything like that. I just hope Team Up itself gets a bit of attention, like continuing in single ball play, even if just for like 10 or 15 seconds of "resurrect the mode" time or something. Getting to the mode isn't a gimme, Id like for it to be a little rewarding.

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Thank you kindly. Another small update just for that. We are busting out a few more here shortly. I 3D modeled her turtle communicator too, so we should be changing some of them up from the news bench setting too.

I played it tonight for an hour and watched for other clips that don’t have April shown but does have her voice. So I’m hoping to replace those as well.

“Ball one locked” with the video of the turtles boringly walking into a pizza parlor. That’s the kind of the thing that’s a candidate for replacement.

I do want to repeat I like a lot of the character animations…Shredder especially. I just don’t think the Stern team has the timeframes and budget needed to tackle character animation work for franchises like this.

I really need to start my own thread on this. Sorry for hijacking. Next update will be in a new thread.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Please continue updates in our club thread. We are the main people interested in your awesome work so it is not hyjacking the thread in anyway. It is more troublesome to check another thread for your updates. Besides our club thread needs the activity, since its gone kind of silent. Again very good work!

My only complaint is that this stuff wont be in the official code. I totally agree that it's not a question of talent among the animations team at Stern but one of resources and time. But this thread definitely seems like the right place for updates on your animations work.

#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you are into that kind of thing, Stern Insider Connected is now live and TMNT is one of the first 6 games with achievements posted. There are 77 achievements in total. You can browse through them once you've created your account

So 24 achievements of those 77 will just be: Episodes start, complete, and complete quickly. Kinda boring, but to be expected.

#7488 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

But…can we buy the QR kit on the Stern site yet?

Nope and it sounds like it still wont be available for a while due to supply chain issues.

#7491 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Yea, a lot of them are sorta just coincidental and you can get from normal play. Some seem somewhat challenging though. Getting all turtles to training level 4, collecting 4 consecutive weapon combos in a 4 player coop game, getting sub 100 seconds on half shell challenge, and of course reaching cowabunga! Also yea a few grindy ones like eating 1000 slices of pizza or defeating 250 foot. But those wouldn't take that many games.

Don't forget "completing 8 Episodes." That's actually a pretty solid achievement.

#7493 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Agreed. That's quite challenging. Also completing team up and final battle are pretty tough. I've been to team up many times and I don't think I've even been close to completing it. I'm assuming you need to save all 3 other turtles to complete it?

If you are just trying to beat it, getting the Wrath of Krang (Krang Level 2 mode) completed allows you to shoot 2 shots instead of like 6 or 8, to light the rescue phase. So that definitely helps completion, but hurts points, in my experience.

They also have a couple achievements related to taking in the right toppings to Ninja MB, but in my experience, you don't really "select" ALL of your toppings all that much, maybe if you see one come up but I really dont think the toppings selection is intuitive in any way.

#7497 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

1.27s for the Pizza Party. I knew my hours of playing Track and Field would pay off someday!

Does anyone know if the clock is running slow, or slow to start, or? Because it -feels- like a lot longer than the screen ever says.

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you talking about Half Shell Challenge?

#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I suspect that they will use the wi-fi connection as a possible deterrent for home brew mods. I know the threat is out there that they could brick a game.

Well, without physically destroying hardware, I don't think they can brick anything more than the SD card, I could be wrong though.

#7553 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

I’m aware of this feature, thanks for the clarification. But what me and s000m are talking about is a non intended rattling that occurs just above the upper flipper when shooting the left orbit. The ball hits something and rattles/bounces around and loses all its momentum and falls back, not making the orbit shot at all. The post comes up intentionally on a successful orbit shot where you get credit for hitting the switch. What we’re talking about is just lots of rejects at the entrance to the orbit, just above the upper flipper, near where the balls exit for ninja pizza multiball. It’s probably just part of the game and hitting it too hard makes it rattle.

My bet is that the ball guide there isn't quite a smooth curve, I had it on both orbits of my AIQ. Basically there is small "kink" in the ball guide rather than a smooth guide. So when the ball hits, right in that spot, rather than hugging the curve, it bounces, rattles, and/or hops. For me, the fix was as simple as loosening a few of the through hole bolts of the ball guide and the wood screws and retightening with a more natural curve to it.

I'm not saying this is your issue but it certainly could be.

1 week later
#7594 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

Has anyone got to the cowabunga wizard mode? seriously feels like the hardest mode to get to second only to simpsons

The closest I've been was getting to Final Battle on 3rd ball, no extra balls remaining, with all the other criteria completed. So basically, I had to beat Final Battle and have Cowabunga lit. I've kind of stopped trying to go for it and I feel like it's the kind of the Wizard mode you need to set out to get to when you plunge your first ball.

Rumour has it that Dwight might make beating Team Up MB spot one of the criteria for Cowabunga which I think would be a nice addition. It would also provide some room for strategy in getting specific "easier" criteria out of the way before Team Up MB and would also make me aim for the Wrath of Krang mode more often.

#7599 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

The team up multiball spotting one could be a pretty cool idea, but I find team up multiball to be pretty difficult to complete also so not sure how much on an impact that would make.

Fair point. But if you aim for Wrath of Krang you only need two shots per turtle to light rescue so that should make it significantly easier than the 6 or 7 or however many it currently takes. As far as spotting requirements, you'd just need to make sure you get the "easy" ones out of the way. Theoretically, with Mikey, you could get all the requirements except Final Battle BEFORE Team Up MB and then get that spotted and have Cowabunga lit. But that's assuming that feature is ever actually implemented.

#7606 2 years ago

I second that.

#7634 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

His level 3 and 4 perks can make episodes worth 9x

I actually think that these don't stack like you'd expect. Way, way back, I took the glass off and tested a bunch of things and I believe that was one of the things I figured out. So if you have level 4 Raph, episodes will always be worth 3X even if the playfield X is running. Of course, I could be wrong.

#7637 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Yea, I wasn't entirely sure because I'd assume the scoring would be way higher than what I was getting, so I suppose you are likely correct at that. Kinda weird because multipliers usually do stack with one another. The playfield x multiplier seemed to stack with the 2x Krang bonus from Raph level 2.

"likely correct," I'll take it! haha

Frankly, I'm glad they don't stack because that would even further benefit you for playing as Raph and as it is, I really wish the Turtles were better balanced. It's a cool, unique-ish feature of the game but it is underdeveloped/unbalanced as it currently sits.

#7640 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

The flat 10% bonus scoring per level is nice, but even though cowabunga is hard enough as is, I feel like getting to level 3 or even 4 should be a requirement to motivate us to level up. The neutrino pizza party mode is pretty lackluster and I rarely try and play it.

Agreed, I'm glad Neutrino Pizza Party is there and it is fun to try and blow it up but really training SHOULD be all about the Perks.

#7643 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get more than 1 octopus topping locked in?

No, it is not possible.

#7658 2 years ago

I finally got to Cowabunga tonight. Ive been close a couple times where, on 3rd ball, Ive had to complete Final Battle in order to move onto Cowabunga. This time, I lit my Pizza Slices Extra Ball DURING Final Battle, collected it, drained and then started my next ball with Cowabunga lit.

Glad to check that off, but don't think I really care to do it again. It feels kind of tedious to get to and doesn't feel particularly exciting or worthwhile when you get there.

1 week later
#7716 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

BTW if the left outlane is too brutal you can swap out the single star post for a double star post to help close the lane some!

I would also recommend changing the Battle Again adjustment that makes it change with the flipper buttons rather than the slings, that way you can utilize Battle Again more effectively.

#7740 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

A question regarding cowabunga mode.
After final battle, you can still complete certain missed objectives (Krang combo, for example). However, the multi-balls don't reset in any way, do they? So it you missed the jackpot-related objectives, you can't get to cowabunga mode at that point, unless I'm missing something
Is that correct, or am I wrong in some way?

They reset again like after Team Up MB.

1 week later
#7831 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ah man, same. I just assumed the crash was fixed even though it wasn't addressed in the release notes. Bummer.

Gotta figure out what's causing it if you're gonna fix it.

#7853 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Curious is this everyone else’s lowest scoring game amongst their lineup?

I've got an EM machine so no. haha.

But yeah, this game does tend to score low in a lot of ways, but there are points to be had. Multiballs can be very lucrative, especially the Ninja Pizza MB. If you can find your way to Neutrino Pizza Party, there can be a ton of points there too, plus it now has a ball save so you can get a couple of shots in before draining and ending the mode.

I still think this game could really use some score balancing but, at this point, it just isn't going to happen.

#7860 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Would the scoring feel more standardised if you could add an extra zero to the end of it?

No, it's not that the scores "are low." It's that they lack balance. You can score 100M or 200M, which is a reasonable number for a "good score." But when you can get like 30M from a MB or 50M from Neutrino Pizza Party but only like 10M from completing 2 or 3 Episodes, it shows a lack of scoring balance. Throw in all the side features: 1-2-3 Foot, Krang Kombo, Weapon Hurry Up, etc. and the difficulty of completion compared to actual points scored.

So while I have many terrible games where I score under 1M points (mostly when going specifically for training modes), I don't think adding a 0 and scoring around 10M is really any better. Again, in my opinion, better score balancing so you actually score a reasonable amount of points for things other than MB, would be a better solution to the issue of low scores.

#7906 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

it matters with regard to tournaments. Typically it's a combination of scores over multiple machines. Hence, TMNT will never be in any tournaments because the scoring is too low.

Nope. That is definitely not the case.

#7911 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How do you relight April after a hurryup? When the lights are just roving. What's the step to allow you to relight them?

You need to start another mode. You can only get 1 April hurry up per mode. That way it forces you to play modes in order to collect the 5 April hurry ups.

You can actually potentially get 2 April Hurry Ups per mode. Basically, at game start you can get 2 APRIL awards, the 1st is Battle Again then the 2nd is the Hurry Up. But if you then start a mode to re-enable the April target, your next two April awards will be the hurry up, as long as you keep Battle Again lit.

#7915 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Again though, I think the real complaint is the score balancing. The balance only seems to make sense if you can make it past four or so episodes. Otherwise you can rely heavily on multi-ball scores.

Just wait for when Insider Connected rolls out and Neutrino Pizza Party is (effectively) lit from the start of the game on Connected machines and see what that does to the already unbalanced scoring.

#7920 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Some things you may not necessarily see the points up front, but get better rewarded later on.

I wish getting to Team Up gave a good payoff, that alone would make episodes more valuable but also reward you for progress. You could do it by giving a good bonus for each completed episode when you start team up or by making each Rescue more valuable based on how many completed episodes you have. A combination of value based on completing episodes and performing well in Team Up would be a huge improvement in the scoring of the game and give players an objective to strive for. Right now, getting to Team Up is basically about re-lighting your two Multiballs, especially when it comes to points but also game progress because stacking episodes and MBs is important.

Really, I have no incentive to not just start but complete episodes, just start two of them with MB and time out the other two, play Team Up, and repeat, then you're at Final Battle. Easier said than done but it doesn't make for a great meta for players focusing on game progress. If you're focusing on points, the MBs are your safest and most efficient bet.

And don't get me started on 123 Foot, Weapon Hurry Up and Krang Kombo and how they could easily help provide practical scoring opportunities and balance.

#7933 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I agree with you on the game being brutal, but that's why I love it in my gameroom. It puts up a great fight for a skilled player, but it certainly isn't beginner friendly due to it's toughness.

I agree that its physical difficulty is well suited for skilled players, unfortunately I don't believe the code compliments that difficulty by rewarding the player appropriately (score balancing) but it also doesn't temper it either in any real way either. So I feel like it ends up in a bit of a middle ground between the two.

#7944 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

Great ideas! Personally i just want the option to circumnavigate Turtle power multiball so i can choose to start a mode and stack instead of getting stuck having a solo multiball half the time. i guess they could make it so that if you have the option to hit the ramp to start a mode, turtle power doesn't start until that light is off...that'd be dope.

My idea was/is to make it so you can light episode by shooting any 2 of the 3 ramps, so if turtle power was lit, then you could shoot the left ramp and side ramp to light it without starting the MB. You could also just keep the side ramp always lit to spot a shot toward qualifying your episodes.

#7953 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

Sure, here are some pictures of the plunger that won't go all the way up the ramp.

Can you post a pic of the ball resting in the shooter lane, waiting to be plunged? Maybe the ball isn't lining up with the manual plunger properly. Especially if the auto-launcher works as intended.

#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

Here you go. Auto launch is fine, really fast even. 2 nd picture is if I push the plunger in all the way.

Oh yeah, it looks like the plunger is hitting the right side of the ball and sending it into the left side of the shooter lane and making it rattle around. If you loosen the plunger assembly from inside the cabinet and make it so the plunger lines up straight on with the ball, it should fix your issue.

#7960 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

This fixed it. I also had to adjust up and down if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks!

Excellent, happy to hear.

2 weeks later
#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Interesting. Yeah, it makes sense what you're saying. There's over 12,000 difference between our serial number if that helps. From what I've read and observed about my pf art, it's likely an early(ish) production.

Mine is definitely very early run and it is about 16000 less than the OPs serial number.

#8054 2 years ago

Has anyone been trying to earn the Insider Connected achievements?

If so, have you been able to earn the following:
-Collect April Hurry-Up during Team-Up
-Collect Max Krang Combo
-Collect Krang Combo with 2X playfield Multiplier
-Train all four turtles to level 2
-Train all four turtles to level 3
-Train all four turtles to level 4

Personally, I've done all of these without getting credit for them.

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How did you connect your pro? I probably won't be having any of my games insider connected.

Rob

A buddy got a Pro kit shipped to him for Mando, Mando isnt enabled yet so I he offered to lend it to me. Then I rigged it up to be connected to my 3 Stern LCD games by adding $7 microsd cards to my machines and switching cat5 cables connected to the qr reader based on which game I'm playing.

Im still not sure if the system will be worth it, but being able to try it out for 3 different machines is a nice demo for the time being.

1 week later
#8097 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Hey guys, what’s it mean when the lair and april lights are flashing? Whats the next step?

When the 2X target is solid green, should it be flashing when u hit it? Is there any indication that 2x is running? And indicator of its timer?

Still trying to dissect the rules.

APRIL Target or LAIR Target lights flashing means that you have collected the two awards associated with them, to re-enable them you need to start an Episode.

Solid green 2X Target light means 2X is ready, flashing means it's running, no timer but I think it might start flashing quickly when about to run out. Shooting the target while running will add some amount of time.

#8100 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Will 2x only run during an episode or something? I’ve never been able to get it to flash.

It can start anytime it's lit. Maybe your 2X Target isnt registering or something?

#8110 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Bummer! Just realized that it will be impossible to complete the Stern Insider Connected achievements for TMNT if you have a Pro, as some of them require premium features (mushroom lair lock and 8x multiball start).

There are also some bugs where certain achievements dont seem to work, so Im guessing we'll need a code update to enable those ones as well. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

#8112 2 years ago

Or those achievements are meant to get you out into locations and play versions of the game you don't have. Even tho that doesn't make sense because you're more likely to see a Pro on location than a Premium.

I was specifically talking about ones that should work on the Pro but are currently not being awarded.

But I agree with you about Premium-only achievements and location play.

#8122 2 years ago

We are thinking about picking up insider connected since there is the coin door mod. What achievements are glitched?

So far I've seen:
A Team of Heroes (Complete 4 episodes ending with different Turtle shots)
Team April (Collect April Hurry Up During Team Up)
Super Looper (Collect Max Krang Kombo)
Double Krang (Collect Krang Kombo with 2X Pf)
Thorough (Train ALL TURTLES to levels 2, 3, and 4)

There's still another 7 Achievements I haven't done, so there could be more.

#8127 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So if I'm reading this correct it is just if you don't want IC on your apron? Why wouldn't you? Is it just an aesthetics thing?

No judgement, just curious.

Personally, I'd rather keep the stock apron w/ art rather than put in the new one and transfer art over. Especially because I plan on using one QR reader for multiple games and it wont necessarily stay in the same machine forever. I also think that the coin door is a logical place for it.

#8142 2 years ago

Has anyone else with insider connected experienced these achievement glitches as well?

Yeah, good question. It could just be me, but I've so experienced glitches with Avengers and Jurassic Park that have been documented elsewhere.

#8147 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I agree 100% now a good fix at home is to run it inside the door and if you have multiple games just running a cord to the one scanner instead of buying multiple. Insider connect is currently poorly optimized for home users but it’s early.

Ive got 3 machines on one qr reader right now. Just finished putting it into the coin door last night.

20220114_221024 (resized).jpg20220114_221024 (resized).jpg
#8148 2 years ago

I just noticed a weird thing, I have all 4 Turtles at level 4 but never received the achievements for level 2, 3 or 4. But I started at 2 Player game and it immediately awarded them.

I'm gonna try and play a few 2 player games and see if that will correctly award any of the other glitchy achievements like Max Krang Kombo or April HU during team up.

#8157 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Where did you find Insider Connected? They seem to be sold out everywhere. Only available through pre-order

Not sure. A buddy of mine got it for his Mando, but because Mando isn't supported yet, he offered to lend it to me and I got carried away making it work for all my LCD games.

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from Gentax:

I can confirm there. I watched my partner play and after the plunge the white stopper would stay up. I had no idea this was a problem as i didn't know what it was supposed to go down. Is it only supposed to stay up for the plunge?

Also make sure the stopper isn't stuck out.

I believe this post "comes up" when activated, not "goes down." I'd lift the playfield, loosen (don't need to remove) the mounting screws and see if you can better align the post with the hole it goes through. I vaguely recall someone else having this issue closer to release.

Edit: Make sure the post goes through cleanly without binding, you can manually push the post up to test it from the bottom side.

#8192 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Anyone from Stern plan on fixing the multiball game crashes? I feel like that would be a priority. It would be nice to know someone is looking into it.

Im sure theyre looking into it, but it's a hard to repeat bug so how do you identify the issue if you can't recreate it?

#8199 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

don't care how long someone needs to play it getting multiball and recording what's running if thats how they narrow it down. Just do it. And let us know you're working on it, small fortunes we're paid for these things. Time was spent adding things and tuneing things in the code that could have been used searching/fixing this game crash.

Fair point. But if they're gonna commit a bunch of time to the code, personally, Id rather keep the intermittent crash and have some score balancing or gameplay features balancing.

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Sad when you are having a good game and have to pray the game doesn't take a dump on you...

Yeah, that is true. I could definitely see it happening in a tournament or something too.

I've been waiting for it to happen to try and see if I can get any sense of what was happening at that exact moment.

I believe the last time it happened to me, I had Turtle Power running and then hit the LAIR target and it crashed. But I'm not sure what state the LAIR target/2X PF/Training modes were in at the time. But that may have just been a coincidence. I've been thinking about trying to re-create it with some combination of LAIR and Turtle Power but haven't gotten around to it.

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Mine did this as well with turtle power multi as well. Latest code is installed, no insider connected. I picked Donatello, had April hurry up running as well. Hit all my initial jackpots and then bricked the game when I missed the super jackpot off of the left bumper layer target. Had to restart. Hope this helps Dwight with bugs. I’m never Donnie and I’ve played a ton on the code with the other turtles. Maybe it’s tied to him?

I think it's been documented to happen with other Turtles as well, personally I've mostly seen it playing as Donatello, but maybe that is just because Turtle Power is more likely when playing as him. My sense is that the issue relates to Turtle Power + APRIL HU, maybe involving the LAIR Target awards as well. But that is FAR from being well tested, let alone re-created.

#8251 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I am of firm belief that 1.50 code broke foot challenge and pizza eating contest repeating. Both seem to only happen once and then do not come back after completed

The 123 Foot has been like that for a while, it was a way to prevent frequently getting locked out of other stuff while it was running.

The Pizza issue is definitely a bug where if you start NPMB before starting the action button Pizza Frenzy it doesn't seem to start for whatever reason. I assume that will be fixed whenever they get around to releasing bug fixes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
384 posts in this topic match your search for posts by shaub. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.