(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#602 3 years ago

I love my new le,I have not bought an le for many years,i must say that the talk about noisy Spinning Pizzia mag was verY was very true,mine was squealing like a stuck pig,I did what most say never Say to do and used a drop of that spinner oil we use on the shaft going into the motor,have to remove it first,much much better now,everything else looks ok so far.

1 week later
#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The diverter: there are only two things that could be loose and causing the diverter to hit the ramp. The first is the phillips head screw that holds the diverter flap in place. After removing the coil from the back panel you can access this straight on with a screwdriver. The shaft of the diverter is flat so you shouldn't have to do any alignment.
The other element is what holds the plunger linkage to the cam. It is a large female hex bolt on top and a phillips head screw on the bottom. There is a small flange on the bottom of the bolt that fills the hole in the linkage. If this part is loose the linkage may be holding the threads on the phillips screw. You *may* be able to tighten this with just the bolt but I think in most cases the phillips screw will turn with the bolt. To get them really tightened you either have to get the cam out which leaves you with a nightmare of having to get the spring back on the cam, or taking the backboard off and fastening the plunger with the cam in place. The backboard plastic can be removed with the front mounted wood screws. The backboard itself comes off by removing the four screws from the back of the backboard to detach it from the L brackets, the. 3 wood screws that fasten it directly to the playfield. All this talk makes me wish I took pictures while doing it. Sorry, my bad.
Was going to try to remove the van and called Stern who directed me to attack from the back. It was way easier to get the backboard off than I had imagined.

If you work on your diverter you better hope the spring does not fall off,you will have some problems to get back on

#1158 3 years ago

My spring came off the diverter than I stretched it trying to reattach than I tried to remove some coils so it would work than the spring popped off at the back.i looked at removing the van but the linkage is pined,I just did not want to deal with removing the van so I just keeps trying and after two hours I got it back working,just be carful with that spring and after I removed the whole diverter after the spring fell off my bolt was tight!i did not have to play with it i the first place

1 week later
#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I see why people put members only for these forums. People are making negative statements and talking it down yet they have never owned or in some cases even played one

Ya but don’t forget the pooling!I don’t care less and love my game.

#1722 3 years ago

I saw that! I would have done the same

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Has anyone successfully remedied the grinding pizza motor ? On the LE, it’s loud and sound pretty bad,can’t be good. Started after like 40 games or more.

If you don’t want to disassemble the pizza spinner you can just remove it from the bottom and drop some thin oil down the shaft,I used the same oil we use for the spinners,work great for me!

2 weeks later
#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

All my keeper pins have voodoo glass (Invisiglass). It’s awesome

+1

1 month later
#3585 3 years ago

Mind orbits shooter,coin taker have these at blow out pricing $20.00 plus 10.00 for a 12 volt cn6 splitter iF you want to do it be prepared to mod your shooter housing and be ready to wet sand the new shooter rod because it is to big for the sleeve,you can also sand the inside of the sleeve,I did both .it was a bit of work and it still needs tweaking to get the ball to still shoot around the playfield but it looks cool,is it worth it you be the judge. .i believe these were 60.00 at one time.
So if you have Bally Williams games that these are designed for it is a cheep cool mod .

B42BCA60-0F3D-43DA-B49C-86152C885915 (resized).jpegB42BCA60-0F3D-43DA-B49C-86152C885915 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3847 3 years ago

Can you take some pictures with glass off,to much reflection.
Thanks

1 week later
#4031 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, "analog" is an important part of that spec sheet to pay attention to. Other than the aforementioned "cheap" I have no idea why Stern didn't go with a digital servo.

I know in my amh a digital sevro would not work,had to be analog

3 weeks later
#4356 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For the people that have received new glider mechs (premium/LE) from Stern, how long did it take for you to get yours? I've been waiting 2 months at this point for my glider mech replacement. My distributor has called Stern multiple times asking for information but all they keep telling him is "we've confirmed your need of a replacement part".
My TMNT Premium has not been fully functional since I unboxed it day one. It's really frustrating.

Just buy a sevro like monk said to do,but you are correct,I understand Milissia at cointaker is getting a bit frustrated,I have been waiting months also but don’t care anymore,futaba sevro.

#4363 3 years ago

I did the swap,may I ask in the glider test,is right left and left right facing the game also when does the game stop the ball,my new sevro is working but it seems to. Not be stoping the ball when animation is running,

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I am the same, mines been down since the beginning of Sept and still no word. Only answer I get from stern is they are on backorder. Sucks to have to spend $30 on a brand new game to fix it but to me it was worth getting it to play properly and i guess i will have a whole new glider sitting in a box at some point.

Unless they make us return the old glider

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

It's not backwards, the gilder faces you so I would assume it would be opposite. If you are sitting in a car the drivers side is always the left side of the car no matter what direction its facing. So the gilder is facing you which means it would be opposite. Someone with a stock glider should be able to verify this. As for that servo you may have some issues down the road. The 422 you used has plastic gears and the stock one (and the replacement 645 I contacted Hi tech about) has metal. Not sure how that will play on the life of the one you installed but overall a great write up

I ask also about the new sevro being backwards,left is right and right is left but I plugged in my working orginal sevro and it behaves the same.

#4443 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

FYI, I tried to contact ServoCity and have my motor modified...I got this response: "We only offer reprogramming on some servos. All the servos that can be reprogrammed are stated at the link below with the word (reprogrammed) next to its name. When you select one of those on the right hand side of the product page it will list what kind of reprogramming we can offer on that servo, and the cost of that."
It looks like I will either be finding a switcher or trying to switch the wiring on the motor like arcadenerd925 did.
I also found a few videos on reversing servos and it looks super easy. I'm not an RC guy, but I tend to wonder why they
don't just build them with a switch that let's you choose the direction.

You don’t have to be a sevro or Rc guy to do the simple mod,4 small screws to open the case and switch the motor wires and then cut the red and green wires in the board and connect the red to green and green to red and shrink them.

I you want send me the sevro and I will mod it for you.

#4569 3 years ago

My training always starts at level 2,does that change with different turtles?

1 month later
#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Amazon has 2 metal 15 inch Sai's(looks to be the same ones) for 19.99. Free shipping with prime. Then buy a pair of Red shoe laces to wrap the handle with. So be a fairly cheap mod if you dyi.

I see lots of them buy none have the extra handle that he uses to attach it to the ramp?

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see lots of them buy none have the extra handle that he uses to attach it to the ramp?

I ordered a pair,I need only one,I will give the other away when they come!

2 months later
#6221 3 years ago

Milissia is the best of the best!

1 week later
#6354 3 years ago

Fantastic game,one of borgs best and it will be sought after in a few years!

4 months later
#7115 2 years ago

sounds like a nightmare like a DE guns and roses I had that did the same thing,could never fix that without the upgraded ramp but I have a tmnt pro so I hope someone else can chime in on that adjustment ,I just had flash backs to that guns

1 month later
#7277 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Dark purple really adds to the overall look of the pro, imo. What a great playing game TMNT is in pro or Prem.

That!

#7311 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

So I've played with this a bunch and still no success. Is there a cable I should double check or reseat?

If you get desperate maybe ask a local pinsider to help show you basic adjustments !

#7353 2 years ago

No more than any other stern I have bought,
pro,nothing I would be concerned about,
premium,glider sevro is junk,diverter to van May need adjustment so it does not bash the ramp,
My le has been a blast!
Spinner may need oil also!

#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Ordered my first NIB pin, TMNT pro! Ordered it yesterday from CoinTaker. Melissa was super nice and very helpful. It comes next week, I can't wait!
I also created a FB group for us here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tmntpinball/

Milissia is the best of the best and is a gem,you did good!

#7377 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

A grainy playfield may be the ticket for a decent priced game now with the 7k pro standard price coming into effect.
A tmnt pro with the LE grainy playfield sounds like a winner.
Peoe could be mobbing for that LE grainy playfield with these prices..I'll take one for 2k less shit...

I have not heard of grainy le playfields ,pooling yes but not grainy!

2 weeks later
#7455 2 years ago

Wow I guess I don’t look at the screen much but that April is but ugly!

1 week later
#7543 2 years ago

Love setting up the upper ramp with the left orbit,I guess some don’t realize it can stop the ball allowing it to fall back down for a shot to the ramp,very fun,

353B9BBE-E374-4D27-9C6D-100D181A720D (resized).png353B9BBE-E374-4D27-9C6D-100D181A720D (resized).png
1 month later
#7768 2 years ago

Fantastic work ,I hope I can contribute to the effort when finished!

2 weeks later
#7894 2 years ago

I don’t get why a game would not be as popular because of low scoring,I am not a very good player or a competitor so let me know! if the a game is fun like turtles I don’t get it,I for sure could care less!

2 months later
#8373 2 years ago

I am sorry but I had a dp premium and I just do not get the praise for it, the only reason I wish I still had it is it’s worth way more than I sold mine for ,my turtles is still here and still loved !

1 week later
#8400 2 years ago

I believe Turtles will be like gb in a few years,

3 weeks later
#8545 2 years ago

No way I am loading,I love the April animation,fantastic,I smile when I see her

3 weeks later
#8719 2 years ago

I am buying a gb premium in a few days for 12000 ,paid 8000 for my new gb le with ghosting but what ever.I believe turtles has the same future ,such a great game and prices are cheep as of today!

1 month later
#8872 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Anyone else having issues with left orbit. My ball more times than not when rolling up the left orbit sputters out and falls back. Not sure if its Playfield pitch issue or maybe the ball guide is not aligned properly?

Are you speaking of the left orbit stoping the ball and letting it roll back down for a shot at the ramp or inner orbit?if so it is by design!

1 week later
#8949 1 year ago

I play my le all the time and think it’s a masterpiece with the scandal code even without it,people wined for years wanting a new turtles and stern came through.

2 weeks later
#9022 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Thought I'd share this mod for my TMNT pin Hooked up a tiny TV mod provided by CraZyMuffin along with miniature console, games and VHS tapes to my TMNT pin. Randomly plays various videos added to the USB of the entire first season of the cartoon, old toy commercials, footage of the TMNT games and more. It sits comfortably in the back left of the playfield near the van and catches everyone's eye when they come to play.
Youtube video here
or here:
https://twitter.com/NeilDavidCarter/status/1537161157957472256?s=20&t=sSoQ51PlQOVqVqYndZ2fgQ

Amazing,I have the turtles com that plays vids from yo-yo copter I believe buy I like this also!

1 month later
#9228 1 year ago

I am not competitive player so points and balance don’t weigh much for me,I just love eve about turtles

Quoted from Collin:

Frankly, I think they'd look good next to each other

Love both and am proud to own them!

1 month later
#9402 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

If someone that has done the servo replacement for the Glider, I would appreciate it if you could reach out. I installed a new servo, but it still isn't working. I watched the one video on YouTube that I could find, and followed the guide. It moves but when you push left it moves right. Also when it gets to an edge it keeps trying to move. I'm worried it's going to burn up the servo.

I know that I reversed the sevro by swapping the wires.

1 week later
#9438 1 year ago

What are card holders

1 week later
#9541 1 year ago

Amazing job,you should make a how to for pinball parts,I would try doing it!

#9548 1 year ago

Yes please

#9549 1 year ago

I don’t want to bother you but any advise would be much appreciated.i am trying this color on aiq premium.i am sure there are hundreds of dyi videos on wrapping.
Thanks

#9557 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Heres a pic of the wrap cut before I wrapped it its about a 1 to 1 1/2 inches on the inside of the leg if your super anal you could cut a strip and wrap the complete inside but for me this was sufficient im sure if your freind wraps for a living he shouldn’t have a problem ive never wrapped anything and i got it first try whats cool about wrap if you get a crinkle or air bubble no problem grab your heat gun its like magic any other questions id advise to watch YouTube videos but for what its worth I didn’t and still got it lol [quoted image]

Did you use any other tools like I see in videos squeegees ect!

#9559 1 year ago

I ordered it and am excited to give it a go.
Thanks

1 week later
#9668 1 year ago

If its the original sevro I would start by replacing it with a better quality sevro,there it a lot of info on it here,I understand you can use a digital sevro once believed only analog would work.I believe the orginal sevro is analog and I replaced mine with a better analog and had to swap the wires on the motor to get it moving in the correct direction!

It is not difficult and you will see how the glider works mine was a little sloppy because the hole in the sevro arm was to big

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thinking about selling my acdc premium and going with a tmnt premium or Jurassic park premium. Any thoughts on either, and also thoughts on tmnt pro vs prem?

I enjoy both turtles and jp better tha AC/DC and between tmnt and jp both fantastic and it a coin flip.

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It wasn’t there. Both cats loved peeking through the hole. That poor boy passed away 3 weeks ago. But the only photo I had of shredder was with Oscar. He was a brilliant cat. Cowabunga.

Yes sorry to hear of Oscar!i love cats and dogs.

#9753 1 year ago

I just replaced my sevro with a high quality one ,swapped the wires and have had no other issues,love have the ability to change direction!

#9767 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Man that looks great. Might be a good winter putter to go wrap a couple games!
What make model vinyl is that?
I need to do some searching on the topic

Great if you can do it,I tried and failed after an hour on the lock bar alone.i am going powder now.

#9779 1 year ago

You need to put some heat on that set screw,it has lock on it.

3 weeks later
#9936 1 year ago

Why the pro ?

1 week later
#10049 1 year ago

TMNT all day! Owned both.

#10060 1 year ago

I would like one

1 month later
#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Game is an arse kicker. You get your arse kicked a lot. We have a LE and have had it since it was released. I love the game. I think once a fair few games have found loving homes, game will become like Ghostbusters. Love hate relationship. Most will love the game. A noisy few will hate the game

Agree fantastic theme ,killer art ,fun code.just a beautiful game I have an le also and just love it.down the road will be sought after like ghostbusters

2 weeks later
#10409 1 year ago

Turtle rocks and I again I will say .I don’t understand why the scoring is such an issue?

#10439 1 year ago

Very nice!

4 weeks later
#10599 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Would you make the trade?
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for TMNT Pro. Both stock, GoTG does not have insider connected.

Yes I have owned both turtles for the win!even with the cleaned sound mod installed.

7 months later
#11262 6 months ago

I still will never understand what raising the scores will do to improve the game,to me it’s meaningless and am so glad I don’t even notice them being low.enjoy!

Quoted from CurtisC:

Does anybody recall or know the stock LE powder coating color? I want to match my coin door and speaker panel and maybe wireforms.

Steve at pinball refinery will know.

#11263 6 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I still will never understand what raising the scores will do to improve the game,to me it’s meaningless and am so glad I don’t even notice them being low.enjoy!

Steve at pinball refinery will know.

2 weeks later
#11322 5 months ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

I traded my Willy wonka for TMNT. I didn’t want to but I really did not like Wonka at all. Best trade I’ve ever made. This game is brutal and makes you work hard for a high score and also makes you better at spotting out lane ball losses. It definitely has made me a better player, I’ve only been playing pinball for a couple years now and it is my favourite game I’ve owned hands down.

I traded my wonky also but got a Hobbit but I have a turtles also and love my Turtles.

2 months later
#11712 3 months ago

It a classic!

2 months later
#11992 23 days ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Not a bad idea Ill still have some work to do though
[quoted image]

Are you going to sell these?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=rockrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.