(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider remf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1831 3 years ago

I finally managed to snag a nib pro! I was actually set to get an IMDN, but the wife and kid convinced me to see if any other sellers had a tmnt in stock before I pulled the trigger. Lucked out with the last place and got their last one.

#1858 3 years ago

Just received my shipping confirmation as well and it will be here Thursday. Whoot!!

#1969 3 years ago

Hopefully the one I’m getting delivered on Saturday is a newer build, but unfortunately I doubt it..

#2049 3 years ago

My pro is being delivered in the next hour or so and I had a couple of questions. I downloaded both 1.11 sdk files on the usb stock so should I do a quick or full update? Also, what does the action button do on the pro? I know it’s used for the diverter on the premium/le, but didn’t see what it does on this one. I’m excited to finally get it, but I’m also nervous about what issues I might run into based on the comments of others on here.... first nib and I’m thinking about buying another nib soon so This will determine if it will be another stern or not...

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Quick update should be fine. Full is only if there is something wrong and you need to do a full delete and reinstall. I'd be curious to see if you are having the same scoring issue with 1.11 that I am on the LE. The bonus adds a 1 to the end which shouldn't happen. Regarding the action button on the Pro, pretty sure it's just for the pizza eating contest and also another option to launch the ball.

thanks. Looks like the issue is on the pro update as well so hopefully it will be fixed on the next update

#2068 3 years ago

I’m loving this game! Just finished with my highest score so far and I keep wanting to go back for more. Flow is great and I’m finally dialing in on the shots. I didn’t think the right ramp would be that tough, but it’s been kicking my ass. As for the quality, I don’t think I see any of the issues others been having so I’m Being cautiously optimistic for now. the build date on it is 7/24 so hopefully they’ve ironed out the kinks. Definitely buying mylar for some areas though.

C1EA1525-E03C-4416-B672-1EAAB65CF215 (resized).jpegC1EA1525-E03C-4416-B672-1EAAB65CF215 (resized).jpeg
#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Anyone know how to protect against this shooting lane damage from getting worse?
[quoted image]

Just started showing up on mine as well. I’m buying some cliffy protectors now..

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I just ordered the full shooter lane protector kit from Cliffys.
Edit I requested to order, they are not in full production yet, seems they are pending if enough requests are made.

I sent cliff an email to request the protector as well. Started doing the same damn thing to my shooter lane after only one day of play smh... What is Stern using, balsa wood?

#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

received an invoice yesterday so they are being produced just not on the normal page yet

just paid for mine as well. I also reduced the coil power to its lowest setting and that helped a lot.

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Ditto on the grainy playfield art. Doesn't really bother me though. I'm just happy that my clearcoat looks good. My build date was July 24th, not sure on the playfield.

I have the same build date and same graininess as well...

2 weeks later
#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve heard nothing. One month so far.

Same here. I’ve emailed my distributor twice already (hemispheres amusements), but no response back from them... I just want to know what my options are for the grainy playfield

#3265 3 years ago

Looks like I’m slowly making some progress on my grainy playfield issue. My distributor is involved and stern is escalating it for review. Finger crossed they will fix it, but no guarantees of course.

2 weeks later
#3711 3 years ago

Wow! I’m over the moon right now. I was one of the unlucky few who had the batch of grainy playfields so I sent a request to my distributor to see if they can help get this resolved with stern. It took some back and forth with them, but they finally responded back and are sending me a new (unpopulated) playfield! Must have won them over with my charming personality.

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just got my Pro yesterday and we LOVE it! One major problem that happened twice already. The balls lock behind the van and the white post pulses too fast and won't allow the balls to drop down through. The machine then displays MALFUNCTION. Shut off machine and back on and the ball search goes on but same problem. Have to manually push down the white post with my finger to release the balls. ANyone else have this issue? I contacted Stern and distributor. Saw someone on YouTube with same problem.

I have the same issue that happens from time to time as well. Never had it shut down though.
Would be interested to know how to fix it.

#3734 3 years ago

Check to see if any of the Mounting screws are loose. Bought both of my shakers from Marco and are a little noisy, but not that much.

#3771 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

Yes! Definitely! Because right now Stern is not addressing the issue at all if you are stuck with one with shitty art. No call backs, nothing. They clearly don’t give a shit about customer service.

They actually responded to mine and is sending a new playfield. Of course it’s unpopulated so who knows when I’ll get around to switching them out...

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Can you share the gist of what you emailed them to get a new playfield in case anyone with a bad playfield (hopefully not me!) wants to know what gets results?

I started sending Gary pictures of his house and kept telling him that I know where he lives

I just got my distributor involved (shout out to hemispheres amusements!!) and they went to bat for me.

#3782 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

You get to keep both. No way Stern can put an expectation on when you do the swap and have a deadline for the bad PF to be returned. If that was the case, they would need to send out populated PFs as that can be done in under an hour.

Correct

1 month later
#4545 3 years ago

To keep myself from throwing this pin out of the window in frustration, I ended up turning off the pizza spinner which helped immensely. Nothing worse than hitting the perfect shot to the center ramp or other areas then watch it miss because of that damn thing....

3 months later
#5876 3 years ago

Finally received my new and shiny playfield replacement from stern (pro). I’ve been waiting for it since last august so at this point I’m debating on swapping it out myself or just trading the whole package for another pin.

#5974 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

More attractive if you swap it yourself for future sales sake. Plus if you wanted it replaced, why not replace it when it arrives?
What was wrong with it?

Nothing is wrong with the current playfield, it just has the bad print job that many others had. Stern sent me a replacement which has been in process since august and currently I’m planning on moving so that’s a big job to tackle and I don’t have any time to make the swap. Personally, I would use the existing playfield for now then swap it out down the road then make the old playfield wall art when the time comes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mariposa, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider remf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=remf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.