(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider protocol_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It is a meaningless human construct. You could shit on a thumb drive and call it version 9 billion.

Software engineer here! Can confirm this statement is true.

They added a ton of shit in 1.01. Personally I would have done a 2.0 based on that change log but Dwight is obviously way more modest than I am

Do we have any insight as to when the LEs and home pros are shipping? I want to play!

#263 3 years ago

Charliew65 Breger1 Banker

Congrats! Keep us updated on the travels of your LEs! I haven’t received word on mine just yet (sad face) but would be very interested in seeing how quick they are getting them from factory to door.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I’ll coat the speaker panel, coin door and such soon.

Can’t wait to see your handiwork on this one! Think you can get a good match?

Also: how’d you get your LE so soon?!

#382 3 years ago

Anyone else get shipping updates on their LE? My distributor says they're still waiting to hear from Stern. Not sure how long it typically takes to finish the run but it looks like they've been cranking them out according to their Facebook posts.

Has anyone received theirs outside of our man Robert (#212/500)?

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Does 123 foot bug anyone else?
I’m constantly trying to progress towards a mode or multi ball and the ball rolls over 123 foot.
When that’s running you can’t progress towards anything else. So annoying!
You should be able to still hit the ramps and work towards lighting an episode.
Stern please look into this!

Is this with the v1.04 update?

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Yea I’m on 1.04
I hope this gets resolved

Tagging Xaqery so he’s aware. Thanks for confirming

#477 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Nice, I'm jealous, still haven't heard from the distro! Congrats on your new pin!

You’re not alone—same story here. Sounds like they’re still assembling some of the LEs. Maybe we are numbers 499 and 500!

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

Anyone know if they finished the LE run and they’re returning to Pros this week?

Still waiting for my LE to be assembled, so probably not.

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Does your shaker motor do anything outside of turtle power multiball? I'm curious if there's a difference between the LE and the pro. In the pro model, the shaker motor only activates during turtle power multiball.

On the LE, it definitely activates during episodes when hitting the lit targets. I played a bit last night but wasn't really thinking about the shaker motor. If I get more time today I'll report back with more specifics.

#801 3 years ago

Anyone else getting a LOUD speaker pop when extra ball is awarded? For example, the bonus spin after a game or when hitting 10 mil score?

At first I thought it was (strange) design choice but I’m beginning to think it’s a bug or a glitched audio file. It causes the video to freeze momentarily when playing.

I am on LE v1.04, which the game shipped with.

What are you guys hearing on extra ball?

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure it’s not the patented stern replay knocker screech. It’s normal if so. You can turn it off in the settings or buy a physical knocker if you want.

ah, you’re right—disabled, did the trick. I think it’s the fancy speakers making it sound different?

#866 3 years ago

Any advice on solving my airball problem?

A shot directly to the right-side stand up target at the entrance to the left ramp sends the ball into the training sign, off the glass, over the lair and down the left outlane.

I adjusted the pizza wheel, which seemed a tad low, to be completely flush with the play field but this doesn’t seem to help.

Is it smart/safe to bend that stand up target bracket forward a couple degrees?

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yeah you can bend it forward few degrees and use common sense. I’m guessing you’ll need a switch adjustment too, once you shift it. I’m not really having this issue so if you don’t mind take a picture and we can compare any differences in our games

Attaching some pics of the airball bracket in question (as well as one particularly amusing result). The bracket itself doesn't seem obviously out of position. And, like I was saying, I'm still having the issue after raising the pizza wheel height to be as flush as possible with the rest of the playfield. Anything look odd to you?

If it matters, I'm at about 6.5 degrees incline. Manual says 6.5 but I'm seeing most are having a better gameplay experience at 7 deg or higher.

I'll try to get a video of it later. Shouldn't be too hard as it's roughly a 1-in-3 game occurrence.

From pizza wheelFrom pizza wheel

Overhead of brackets (top bracket is airball causing)Overhead of brackets (top bracket is airball causing)

from perspective of left ramp towards lower playfieldfrom perspective of left ramp towards lower playfield

What happens when the airball doesn't hit the Training/Glider sign...What happens when the airball doesn't hit the Training/Glider sign...

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

some good points! Didn’t think about the player 1,2,3,4 showing with less players.
I play Raph a lot and I’ll say I’m kinda confused by the skill shot - sometimes the diverter stops the ball, sometimes it doesn’t and I haven’t noticed a pattern as to why. When it stops the ball i can usually tell which weapon lane is lit, but when it doesn’t stop its impossible to predict and it just flows down to the left flipper
I will say that I find the pop bumpers are tough to get to on the LE because you pretty much to hit the orbit and it has to be in a situation when there isn’t an inner loop or center ramp shot lit because otherwise it guides the ball that way instead

I have the same problem--my take is that the diverter just isn't getting there in time if you get a lot of speed up the left ramp. Game is too fast for its own good!

#990 3 years ago

Has anyone figured out the rules for multi ball modes? It's not in the rulebook and I'm not good enough to be able to look at the screen while keeping balls alive... Generally, going for lit shots always seems to get it done, but it would be great to know why.

Pizza
--I'm assuming a blue lit target "defeats" a foot soldier, but it seems like this isn't always the case. Do you need to trigger 1-2-3 Foot first?
--What qualifies Super Jackpot?
--Is Jackpoto Grande the same thing as Super Jackpot?

Turtle Power-
--What's the difference between the green shots and the turtle skill shots?
--Sometimes the right ramp triggers a restart of the mode, returning all lost balls. How is that shot qualified?
--How do you get credit for Triple Mondo Jackpot? Is it just getting Mondo Jackpot three times on the same ball? Can you get it in both MB modes?

#1262 3 years ago

Don't do it!

Game audio completely screwed up on LE after updating to 1.10.

Update itself went clean, got all successes. But now audio quality took a dive. Callouts, music, all sounds garbled (underwater effect).

#1267 3 years ago

Other feedback on 1.10:

The good:

-Shaker motor integration is significant. Love it.

-Foot 1-2-3 is a lot better, but still bugged.
For me the issue was that the center ramp is tough to hit. I'm OK with that, but the problem with it being hard to hit is that you are locked out of left/right ramp progression towards episodes for 20 seconds (or longer) after activating 1-2-3. With the change, this is no longer an issue (thank th maker). One slight, annoying bug--the ramps no longer properly light to indicate the next part of the combo. For example, if you start 1-2-3 and go right ramp then center ramp, there will be no indication at the left ramp for completing the combo (the callout reminder is still there). I'd like to see an alternating yellow/white flash here.

-I like having Final Battle available, but refuse to try it until I earn it myself

The bad:

-The audio is absolutely hosed. It's like listening to your game through a low-fi AM band. No idea what happened, but the levels are completely off and the callouts are almost unintelligible. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly.

Can I roll back to 1.04? I can live with the 1-2-3 issues, but the audio problems are not OK.

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

yeah audio is bad. is the final battle mode supposed to end after phase 1?

I spent some time playing around with the audio settings--looks like they mistakenly changed the default backbox speaker impedance to 4 Ohm (should be 8 on the LE, I believe) among other things. Restoring this helps significantly, but not all the way.

Anyone on LE 1.04 that can tell us what the audio defaults are?

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

two questions for you guys.. First can someone post a picture of the game with mirror blades? Second has anyone removed the character select plastic on the right side of the game? I think its useless and will take away from the look if I install mirror blades. Thanks everyone

Post 1227 has some mirror blades installed

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Partner in Kryme's "Turtle Power" from the first movie would make good, cheese-tastic game over music.

OK, let's do this. Let me start by saying the music in the game is fantastic and the sound team did a bang-up job. No complaints. But for nostalgia's sake, if I were to tweak a few things, I'd find a place for the following jams...

1) Pizza Power (Coming Out of Their Shells Tour, Turtles in Time Theme)

Commentary: For those unfamiliar, this is the title theme from Turtles in Time. Super cheesy, but dripping with nostalgia from TMNT's arcade heyday

Proposed location: Attract Mode

2) Ninja Rap (Vanilla Ice, TMNTII)

Commentary: Needs no introduction. Of all the jams mentioned here, this is the one Stern absolutely should have tried to license. And for what it's worth, the Ninja Pizza Multiball track is probably the weakest...

Proposed location: Ninja Pizza Multiball

3) Sewer Surfin' (Konami, Turtles in Time)

Commentary: Among the folks over at OverclockedRemix, this is widely considered one of Izumi & Nakamura's best pieces. I will say that I'm not sold on where I have it here. But it has to go in somewhere. PS: There's an a cappella version of this that is pretty good.

Proposed Location: Weapon hurry-up/April hurry-up

4) Turtle Power (Partners in Kryme, TMNT90)

Commentary: I've always associated cheesy rap with TMNT, and it really does fit. I like @Whifflebat's suggestion as the Game Over music. Also works at character select (another "weak" track).

Proposed location: Character selection OR Game Over

5) Boss Theme (Konami, TMNT Arcade)

Commentary: Say your prayers, toitles! To me, this is Bebop & Rocksteady's theme song. Oddly enough, the track for "Window Shopping" is my favorite new jam. I would try to find a place for it in another episode.

Proposed Location: "Window Shopping"

6) Scene 1, Fire! (Konami, TMNT Arcade)

Commentary: I don't have a place for this, but it's one of the best video game Level 1 tracks out there. Perhaps there's an episode it fits well?

Proposed location: Episode?

Help me out here: what am I missing? What's the best place for each of these? Which of Stern's tracks do you LOVE? (Window Shopping for me).

#1384 3 years ago

Followup to my previous post with some other contenders that I just couldn't place:

6) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (John Du Prez, TMNT90)

Commentary: Awesome! Righteous! Bossa nova! This is the sick melody that follows Raph's opening "Damn!" after losing his sai. I think I prefer the 90 version to the rearranged one in Secret of the Ooze.

Proposed location: Episode?

7) Shredder's Time Warp (Turtles in Time)

Commentary: For sound effect purposes only

Proposed location: On Dimension X transfer

8- The Damn Dam (Konami, TMNT NES)

Commentary: Obviously this is a joke, but if there's a part of the game you hate and find incredibly stressful, then you may as well throw this in there to remind yourself of the great pain you suffered 30 years ago.

Proposed location: Foot 1-2-3 if you're still on v1.04

The problem of course for you modders will be finding high-fidelity cuts or relying too heavily on chiptunes. I think the "Coming Out of Their Shells" album is commercially available on iTunes and the like. I have seen high quality vinyl rips of the TMNT 90 soundtrack (see

). The original theme which everyone is asking for is just not available at any reasonable quality. The remaster is good enough for me.

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Is it us or this game is damn nasty?
Outlanes are still on higher but stdm and Outlanes are really hungry!!

It’s not just you!

The right slingshot is precision-engineered to put the ball down the left outlane (which is big enough to fit a banana in, no joke).

Shorting either ramp from the opposite side flipper sends the ball SDTM.

This is largely true for most pinballs: don’t miss your shots and it’s not that bad. My aim is terrible, but I find that the main key to avoiding the left outlane is to make my shot the first time and don’t give the slingshots a chance.

3 months later
#4504 3 years ago

@xaquery minor bug on 1.23:

A center drain that walks its way up the outlane and makes contact with the rollover will clear Battle Again (without saving your ball)

That aside, loving the tweaks. Thank you!

Edit: Actually, Battle Again seems to be kind of screwy at the moment. Occasionally, Michelangelo will start with both outlanes lit. Other non-Mikey turtles may start the game with one Battle Again lit. Doesn't seem to be deterministic--some games you start with one, others two. Random.

#4519 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I noticed that if I restarted a game it was lighting both Battle Agains in the next game, not sure if you had to be Mikey the first game but I think so. It didnt matter which turtle I played as the 2nd game.
At first I thought Mikeys Level 1 perk was changed to both outlanes lit. I was excited. haha.

I think that's it! Nice catch. Battle Again carries over with a restart.

On the shaker motor change--it is a little... extreme. My dog, who normally has zero reaction to any pinball bells or whistles, leapt out of her skin the first time starting Ninja Pizza Multiball on the new code, lol. She's not a fan.

#4535 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is how I toned down my shaker motor, because merely setting to minimal use, does not tone down the shaker motor, it just makes it so it is not used as much in the game software...

I don't think it's necessary to remove the shaker motor assembly to rotate the weights:

1) Lift playfield
2) Remove screws from plastic housing with fingers (or 1/4" socket wrench--they aren't really on that tight)
3) Loosen set screw from weight #1 with Allen key
4) Holding weight #2, rotate weight #1 until reaching desired offset (90 deg seems to be sweet spot)
5) Tighten set screw, replace housing, lower playfield
6) Enjoy Ninja Pizza!

I didn't perceive any LocTite on the set screws.

#4616 3 years ago

Does this carry a new game mode? It must at that price, right?

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Better. It carries another TMNT logo!!!

To be fair, I'm sure it was a licensing requirement.

And also it appears to be easily removed. Almost as if Stern new it was aesthetically a mistake.

#4636 3 years ago

The topper does NOT add any new game features.

To put that in perspective, just months ago, Stern released the Jurassic Park topper at the controversial price point of 599 USD. That topper added a well-received gameplay mode that did well on location. Say what you will about locking features behind a paywall, at least the cost relative to the base unit was in line with features in similar industries.

Now, they’re charging an additional 67% without any added features. Wow.

Our man Xaqery better have some sweet new modes lined up or this is going to be a really bad look for Stern.

Per Dwight:

The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.

All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.

Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.

It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.

It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more

In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.

In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hey guys,
Posted this issue before and got some tips, but I’m still running into the same issue. Both multiballs seem to run long because the auto launcher is not able to feed to turtle van. Balls intended to feed the turtle van during multiball launch halfway up the ramp and come back into play instead. This happens time to time at the start of a ball too but much more frequent during multiballs.

Having the same issue here. This only started for me after upgrading to 1.23 from 1.21. I'm half wondering if it isn't the software modulating the auto plunge strength to prevent misloading of balls and clogging the upper left flipper during hectic multi balls. I don't think I've ever experienced the weak autoplunge outside of multi ball. And NEVER prior to 1.23.

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Someone asked for a video of the tv mod so
Here ya go

Is that the mod from sparky pinball? If not, where’d you purchase?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider protocol_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=protocol_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.