(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I have mine at 6.7, I tried 6.5 but the right orbit was a bit hard for me to hit and I got some air balls off the right ramp. At 7 the right orbit was easy but the game was fast and the centre ramp was tough so I ended up at 6.7.
Just play around and see what you like best

Joined the club last week - LOVE how this game flows! I was never a fan of the license (I'm a tad too old) and my kids are too young but thought I would give it a go after the great reviews. So glad I did cuz this game is totally righteous!

I am at 6.8 - the kids and I can hit all the shots without too much difficulty and the left outlane isn't terrible. I tell you what, our new JP3 has kind of been sitting dormant since this pin showed up only a week later :O The kids just love leveling their turtles using Insider Connected.

TMNT7 (resized).jpgTMNT7 (resized).jpg
#8283 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Leveling up the turtles and being able to keep them leveled up is great fun, but has anyone actually gotten any of the "Training 2" achievements for leveling up all turtles to level 2, level 3, or level 4? I have all my turtles at level 4, but I've never gotten any of the Training 2 achievements.
I submitted a bug report on this to Stern along with not being able to get the achievement for the Max Krang Combo.
I wonder how many IC achievements are not being awarded on games other than TMNT?

Yes - my youngest did eventually get those achievements. His turtles are all level four. He did NOT get them right away; but within a dozen or so games of already being leveled up the achievement just showed up while playing. He has NOT been awarded Max Krang Combo yet, but definitely got that a few times already.

#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice!
What do you use to level the games? A phone app?
I don’t own a stern.
Thanks
Richard

I should have been more specific.. leveling-UP the turtles

BUT - I DID just start using an app to level my games. I was doing it the old fashioned way with analog bubble levels.

Once you go APP you never go back, they say.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What I would like to see in a code update is a reset of Insider Connected users turtle level after a certain number of plays (maybe 25 games or something). That would really help keep things interesting and make leveling up turtles a fun long term feature. From what I read the levels can still be manually reset but a forced level reset at X number of plays would make the feature a lot more meaningful.

That is a GREAT idea! Have a countdown times connected to each Turtle so you always know how many games you have left.

I keep telling my kids that they will lose out on half the fun once they reach level four and they should reset them after awhile. I guess time will tell if they stop playing as much.

#8287 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Yes that’s what I meant! What app is it?
Thanks!

It's called "Pinball Leveller" for Android. Not sure if it is made for Apple or not.

1 week later
#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Got IC kit installed yesterday. And I'm wondering about the train all turtles to level 2 achievement. I got all 4 to level 2, but the achievement didn't pop. Wondering if it's a glitch, or if they all need to be at level 2 at the same time. Yesterday when playing Leo, I got him leveled up to level 3. So I have 3 turtles at level 2, and one at level 3. I know the achievements will glitch sometimes. But, just wondering if this is a glitch or designed this way. I'll probably reset them all back to level 1 and level equally and see what happens.

It is glitchy bit you'll get the achievement eventually, no need to reset. It's just kind of slow but it will just appear randomly as you play more after you've already leveled them for a bit.

#8331 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For me, it finally registered the achievement when I started a 2 player game after having leveled all my turtles up.

Hey, come to think of it that sounds familiar. My son was really excited when he finally got the achievement and it was when we started a two player game. I think you are on to something.

3 weeks later
#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Definitely fine with a pro. I've heard countless problems people had with prem/le diverter

I do like that I can change lanes but that glider really blocks my view of important feature lights on the playfield and I am pretty annoyed by that. I have had a couple small issues with the mech itself but nothing too bad (yet).

The premium features (especially ball lock in the Training area for Pizza MB) are cool but I don't think they are worth an additional $2K.

2 weeks later
#8477 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Just got max krang combo and the achievement didn't pop. IAnyone have a trick to get the achievement to pop? Similar to how leveling up all turtles achievement doesn't pop, though it will if you play a 2 player game and level up the second turtle, then it pops.

Unfortunately, we can't get Max Krang to pop either. Guess we'll need to wait for the next update.

1 month later
#8816 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

What are some settings people are using to ease the difficulty of this game?

I actually turned my flipper power down a bit from stock and that helps. Also make sure you aren’t getting any air balls off the pizza spinner on your way into the pizza parlor shot. That shot is harder than it looks and air balls make it even more frustrating.

1 week later
#8855 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Yes you still need to complete training multiple times even if you are leveled up. That’s a complaint some folks had about IC.

Yeah - as an IC user I probably will never get to NPP again since there is no other incentive to "level up" a maxed out turtle. I'd be happy with leveling one time (if you are already level four) to get to NPP. Certainly not three times though. Not nearly enough reward for the risk.

10 months later
#10691 11 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm a tournament player
what i know for sure : its fast, and its really eating balls (on the left outlane)...

We aren't tournament players on TMNT and we got burned out on all the cheap left outlane drains to the point where we weren't playing it much anymore so I designed a mod that is essentially a double post (appropriately names "training dummy") that is based on the playfield art at the entrance of the training room. I thought, while I was at it, I would also add a little flair to the lair.

The double post reduces the spacing from about 40mm to 30mm - the same spacing as the right outlane drain on the lower post position. Our games are considerably longer and we are playing it a lot more again which is amazing with all these Elwin pins we have ! It turns out that the left outlane was like 90% of our frustration with this game.

Now - if we could only figure out the erratic behavior of that stupid glider :/.

IMG_20230325_104751 (resized).jpgIMG_20230325_104751 (resized).jpgIMG_20230329_171132 (resized).jpgIMG_20230329_171132 (resized).jpg
#10695 11 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is the double post prone to moving/scuffing the pf? Looks like it‘s only screwed down through the one side? Great idea!
I should check my audits and see my percentages too

No scuffing or scraping - when it's tightened the post rotates clockwise and the silicon band naturally butts up against the wood side rail and has no play in it.

I've changed out several during prototyping and testing - no marks on the play field. Double post is made of a durable resin.

The final model changed up a bit with some throwing stars.

My kid actually made it to "A Walk in the Park" for the first time yesterday.

I still suck at it, however

IMG_20230329_171118 (resized).jpgIMG_20230329_171118 (resized).jpg
#10699 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What mode is a walk in the park? Don’t think I’ve seen that one yet.

Yup - it's "Final Battle".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=pinballcharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.