(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i dont know your situation, but i see you have alot of machines.
im not sure what i would do with 18 machines

Be broke!

#556 3 years ago

Has anyone fitted any shooter lane Cliffys?

If so could you kindly post some photos?

Thanks!

1 week later
#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

If any Australian wants or needs out of their LE purchase let me know

Good luck with that. I have seen 1 spot sold for $1500. Looks like the lucky buyer got a bargain!

1 week later
#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That Looks ugly, my pro Looks like the first pic[quoted image]

He has just changed the brightness on the 2 pictures. There is no issue.

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are wrong. I just spoke with the guy. He is telling me it’s not really that it’s lighter looking but the print quality is a lot different than his friend. Not making this shit up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok. I am nearly 60 and can see how grainy the photos are. If there is an issue get your friend to talk to their distro. I am sure there will be a good outcome there.

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The pic isn’t grainy. The playfield is.

I hope not. Distro should sort that straight out if it is.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Just unboxed my LE. These playfields do still seem to be susceptible to bubbling/pooling where the apron + guides touch down. I'm going through adding some felt washers like I did on Jurassic Park before it potentially gets worse and chips. Also, the left outlane post was clearly designed for a small post. They pulled back the artwork for that but later changed it to a star post which is starting to pool a bit. Hopefully shouldn't be too bad since it's rarely hit and doesn't have a ring applying diagonal pressure to it. Either way, I think it's worth protecting these spots early if you can.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for sharing. I was hoping these days were long gone. Obviously not. Extremely dissapointing to say the least. Please keep us posted on what your distro and Stern say.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Damn man. I just noticed the same on my JP premium in one spot from a June build.

I feel for you. That is just shit. Please let us all know what your distro and Stern say.

#1515 3 years ago

Question is will it chip? I have a turtles pro on order. Think I might abort after finding this issue on 5 spots on my JP premium June build. I know the ball doesn't make contact with that low of a spot but will constantly banging the rail cause it to chip is my concern. Fudge.

I am not sure if it will chip or not. My understanding is if the pooling is bad, it will eventually chip. Maybe post a few photos in the playfield issue thread.

I feel for all the good distros that do their best to look after their customers. This shit hurts them and the person with the stuffed playfield the most.

I wish you well.

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

LE 202. Hard to see due to lighting but def have pooling occurring by our Lair shot and down by the drain. Apron is too tight down there and digging in. With further inspection we now have chipping in the lair area. Not significant but def frustrating....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for sharing. Bad news but at least we know what to expect. That is just shit.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really think the environmental angle of what the heat/humidity is when the playfields are made may be the key since there's no climate-controlled enviroment for the playfields to cure.

How do other guys make playfields? Like CGC, same conditions as STERN.

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe they allow more cure time? Dunno.

CGC are still using the same method. They are still silk screening their playfields. No problems there!

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It could be as simple as adjusting the mix of the clear coat. If it is a 2-part auto clear, they sell different activators for different ambient temperature ranges. But it really seems to me that the high humidity is being soaked in and not allowing the clear to cure. It may be dry to the touch, but it is still elastic enough to deform from pressing playfield hardware against it. At a bare minimum, they need to climate control wherever the playfields are being sprayed at, and wherever the raw/finished playfields are being stored. This is not exactly a life-altering expenditure for a company like Stern.

CGC do not have climate control and they do not have these issues. GCG are also located in the same city as Stern.

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But again, perhaps they are allowing more time to cure.

It is a different process as far as I as m aware. GCG make their playfields the same way they have always made them. Remember when we used to buy Sterns before 2016 and the playfields were great?. that is where they came from, Chirchill.

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Very true...CGC isn't pushing 4 or more titles a year out. I am wondering if these playfields are run through any kind of curing oven, or is it just an air cure? Obviously the companies that have it figured out have a vested interest in NOT showing Stern how they do it. I still maintain that whatever clear system Stern uses is not compatible with their environmental conditions, or is not being adjusted to those conditions at the time of application. I am going to talk to a friend of mine who is in the automotive paint sales biz to see what his take on it is.

I am no expert on the clear or the clear process or playfield manufacture. You guys are way more switched on than I am with that. I only know what I saw in the factory.and what we have at home. The CGC playfields are very nice.

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So how does any know it’s a major issue?

The only way to know for sure is if a distro gives up their sales vs playfield replacements per game.

i.e. sold 100 JP2. Replaced 10 playfields. (I have no idea about the numbers) and I cannot see that happening.

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

That's all we can do as a consumer is stop buying their product and hope that other consumers do the same, which would force changes. It's a shame because I love Stern games, own a couple and would love to purchase more of new Stern games.
This is my opinion only;
Stern has been riding the pinball resurgence bubble the last few years (or more) and they don't seem to care about the consumer that much anymore, if any at all. Like any other other greedy corporation they are trying to increase their profits while cutting their costs at the consumers expense. They have been giving less for more money on the pinball machines and they are getting even more greedy now with the whole mods, toppers and BS secret content if you buy their mods/add ons... I can go on and on.
Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens with covid and the effects that will have on business lost to Stern by arcades and machine routers.
Maybe none but if the majority of purchasers are people like us then maybe they will have to change their ways. (One can only hope)

The odd consumer not buying a game will have almost zero effect on Stern. People have to stop playing the games.

#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

That will never happen!
Except for now because if covid...
At least the people that don’t buy pinball machines.

Exactly. People will keep playing the games and complaining on Pinside.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What a shame yet another Stern release is derailed by QC issues that are known or preventable. TMNT seemed like the golden child and here we are. How many times can you shoot yourself in the (123) foot?

If you keep trying, eventually you will shoot yourself in the head.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with that sentiment.
Stern sales have been rising steadily the past several years per Dwight and Gomez AND confirmed by a big Distro I spoke to. Tracking sales for the year is doable with the serial numbers from Jan to Dec
Stern has two full lines and one smaller backup
When fully ramped they produce 50-60 games a day.
Like I said, my last LEs were great.
I still play my Munsters with pooling and it doesn’t impact my enjoyment one bit
Same thing with Ghostbusters, I don’t think about the two tiny insert ghosting slivers when I’m playing it
Would I rather have a perfect PF? Sure
But Stern sales won’t drop until they start making shitty games, prices go too high, the economy tanks or people just start losing interest.
If I wanted a TMNT, and I don’t, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one, but that’s just me.
I respect the right of you guys being pissed off and unhappy and not buying

That pretty well sums it up. Very well said, and there are a lot of us like it. If a playfield really is pissing me off, we will just buy a new playfield and let it just sit there. Times change and anything can happen down the road.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, I understand the risk but they have actually been good to me on my claims and recently.

You may have a good distro. I think this is the main thing to help you get you claims over the line.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So many other games have that feature in the ruleset. Like for example Deadpool has it and it only takes 3 to get to the team up mini wizard. You don't have to enable the option i just think it would shore up some of the frustration of bricking shots to get things lit.

I find that very interesting and and an extremely cool feature. Could you please let me know which other pinball machines have those VS modes apart from Deadpool and TMNT?

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I use 0.46 inch (=11,7mm) outside diameter and about 0.2 inch (=5.2) inside diameter.

That is all really good info, thanks for sharing.

I would put Cliffys in the shooter lane instead of mylar. Mylar could lift the clear if ever you want to remove it, we learnt this the hard way. Make sure the eject power is turned down and this will help a lot as well. Just my opinion.

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is exactly what the owners or fanboys of MB, MM, and AFM do to keep these 30 year old relics of the past on top. They are good games no denying, but they had their day in the spotlight many many years ago and now it’s time for the modern games to shine. I’d hate to think in 30 years time the industry hasn’t been able to improve, as these people seem to think. Unfortunately these type people jealously guard their nostalgia feelings for these 3 games in particular so much, when a real top 5 game comes out, they make sure it is pounded down by false score ratings to keep their sacred cows on top. It is why the top 100 is a joke, imo.
For glaring example: Look at how new and innovative the layout, animatronic TRex and such on JP is and yet it is held back to #4 spot because of these old schoolers false ratings, designed to keep the 30 year old much shallower coded games at the top 3 positions!
TMNT should remain the number one position imo, if old schoolers were really honest with themselves. It’s a game that has it all codewise, layout, lighting, sounds/music, with amazing art! Team Stern went all out on this one.

Put a MM, AFM, or MB in your collection for a while and then maybe you could decide? If you like the fancy lights and music, make it a remake LE. Those 3 games 100% deserve to have the spots they hold in the Pinside top 100. Although I love Sterns and JJPs, not one of them has kept me pushing the button for over 20 years like MM, AFM and MB. They are classics for a reason.

Hopefully we will start getting Turtles games in OZ soon! Cowabunger dude!

1 week later
#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

metal dust on the PF? I have never seen this before. The dust from the coils fall down from the mechs under the PF.

Coil dust ends up everywhere if you do not vacuum and clean it out. Even in the backbox

Vid is sorely missed. Extremely knowledgable in anything pinball

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I've done quite a few playfield protector installs in recent years but TMNT might be the most involved. Not in terms of complexity, just a ton of stuff to take off.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Our game comes next month and we will be putting one on as well.

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from skankingaround:

Just unboxing my TMNT pro - the corner of the cab caught my eye - is this standard? Anything to be concerned about ?
Other corners seem ok

I would glue it to be sure. Easy to do, just get wood glue. Could be a transport issue. Everything else ok?

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you suggesting that all of people in the past previous 61 pages who are submitting photos of diverter issues and crappy print quality are fabricating some elaborate quality lie? Or just that you got lucky with the draw?

Do you have any issues with your game? Can you post up some photos?

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Everything in Avengers looks far away from the flippers and there isn't much to create side to side action. I suspect this game might be easier like IMDN but definitely easier than TMNT.
Edit: Looking at Avengers side by side with JP the shot locations appear slightly similar. It may be a slightly easier JP2.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing the images. If you have to keep hitting the drop target bank on the left, that could make things interesting. Looking forward to giving this thing a flip!

#3263 3 years ago

Avengers just crushed tmnt in my opinion and many other.

I do not think so. Both games will hold their own and I am sure both games will be good.

Avengers has just come out and hardly anyone has even flipped it yet.

TMNT is still early in its life and so far looks great. I am looking forward to flipping both. What a fantastic time to be in pinball!

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Finally home in Oz!!!!
[quoted image]

Congrats! How good is it!

JP topper looks fantastic too. Plenty of fun there to keep you going for ages,

1 week later
#3701 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This game seems to be getting overshadowed much sooner than usual for a new release but guessing bc of the soon after reveal of avengers which does look pretty good. However this is a really good game and I think many will be coming back to this one as soon as the avengers hype wears off once some le and pros start getting in people's hands. Tmnt lay out is very good and the game is very fast and flows well but the game is also pretty difficult bc of the speed ....especially the left outlane. Looks like whatever tmnt that are out there is all that will be for a while do to a big backlog of orders for stern. Seems if u want a new one it may be early next year before it's on the like again? Has anyone else heard this? I know there is very little stock available from distros and seems the price is high if u do find one? Anyhow I hope more people get to enjoy this really good game .

It is an awesome game bigd. Shot map is different and the game will punish you if you miss. Code is very similar to SWLE, 4 characters, all with a different mission and skill shot at the start, mash the button mode. Turtles has coop modes, that should be put into every game I think. We love ours.

#3708 3 years ago

Since the code update on our LE, during Turtle van multiball, machine goes into ball search as it loads 4 balls into the van nstead of 3. We have to wait for the ball searches to finish and release all the balls out of the van for the game to continue

Anyone else have this issue since the update?

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

On our Pro we are also having ball lock issues behind the van although this was with V1.21. new code does not appear to address this though.

Thanks for the feedback. We swapped the balls out before we plunged a ball. I thought maybe the balls were flying around the ramp and loading the truck faster than the coil could close the diverter. It has only happened to us since the code update. I will load the old code back in and see how that goes.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I plan on mentioning this in a future video, but for those that have the balls getting stuck (magnetized) in the ball lock area - I switched to titan pinballs (original polish) and the issue hasn't shown its face since.

Have you loaded the new code?

V1 22.

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Nope, I'm enjoying the 1987/delt combo right now on 1.21.

Thanks very much.

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from th3_jaja:

I'm having the exact same issue!!
I got my LE delivered yesterday on code 1.21 and everything worked perfectly (and what an amazing game this is btw!). Upon updating I'm now having the same issue as you. Have you found a fix? Is there a way I can go back to version 1.21?

Do not load the old code back into your game. The new code has a firmware update and when I loaded V1.21 back in, game told me coin door was open and no 48Volts. I checked the 48Volts and everything was fine. I loaded V1.22 back in and the game fired straight back up and works fine.

I took all the balls out, cleaned them, cleaned the opto behind the turtle van, made sure the opto behind the turtle van works properly (switch test) and the game works fine now. Remember to get the balls out of the van as well, you have to hold the door open manually to get them out.

The game reloads the balls in the van as you are still playing the end of the multiball. I think it is possible that you can shoot a ball up the right ramp at the same time as the machine shoots a ball out from the shooter lane.. 2 balls would go into the van and the machine would think one has gone in the van.

Hope this helps you out.

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from th3_jaja:

Thank you for your help - did what you said and all is ok again.
It seems spot on in what you’re saying about a ball being able to sneak in there. Did some testing and was able to replicate the problem again by shooting a ball up the ramp the same time another ball was auto plunged in to fill the van.
Anyway glad it’s nothing major, I’m really loving this game!!

We have not had it happen again but we have not played the game much either. We logged a call to Stern through their website .

Game rocks. We love it.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I updated my pro machine with V1.22 on a spare SD-Card. The new Code seems to be nice. For testing i but in back the old SD-Card.
At start i got again something about node Board update, but it seemed like it skipped it. But after that the code V1.21 loaded normal.
So i am not sure if it will work for everybody and if there are more risks involved.

Interesting. I though of burning a new SD card with the old code. When I turned the machine on after loading V1.21 back in, I got no firmware or nodeboard update messages. Same when I went to V1.22, no messages. I am no code expert so I do not want to experiment with the code and firmware versions. Machine costs too much money.

If we have any more issues, I am going to replace the SD card.

Great fun game!

#3779 3 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Yep... been talking to support for a few weeks now. I get 6 balls stuck behind the van and diverter. They claim no one else has reported. PLEASE REPORT to Stern support. I believe it’s a software issue. Happens regularly. Have to take glass off to clear balls.

I think you may need to get your opto behind the van checked (make sure it is working correctly) and also make sure your diverter is not sticking.

If 100 of us report the same problem to Stern, Stern will tell 100 of us that no one else has reported that problem. Chaz (RIP) was the honest one and would at least let you know that the problem has happened on other machines. This is why Pinside is so good. We only started having this issue since we changed to V1.22 code. Before that, no issue. The more people that report the issue, the better as Stern will start to look at the problem.

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_G_Hosting:

Yep, same here!
Played on code 1.21 for a few weeks and never had this problem.
Updated to 1.22 a few hours ago and had the game loading 4 balls in the van when it only should be three.
Noticed it at least once every game.
I’m pretty sure this is software related...
I’ll notify Stern about this.

Good move. Hopefully Stern will go back to the old way the van was loaded in the current code.

I have checked everything on our machine. Connections, voltages, diverters, optos, etc, etc. I have taken the glass off, started Van multiball. Wait for the timer to end, loaded the van one ball at a time. No ball search problems. I am going to buy a new good quality SD card today and replace the shitty Stern one to eliminate as many things as possible. It could be something simple like the ball is jumping over an opto or is going too fast to register an opto but I am thinking we did not have the issue before the code update.

I am fairly sure it is a code related issue. As more and more people load the code I think we will see more and more people say they have the same issue.

I must add, since I turned the game off, removed the 8 balls from the game. Turned the game back on and reloaded them, we have not had the issue. We have not played the game much either.

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The new additional code is quite good and appreciated, however I’m having the same issue as the rest of you since updating. Also, there are a couple additional issues addressed as well. I’ve just sent this PM to @xavery Dwight (since Mr_G_Hosting already wrote out some of the wording, I used it... thanks!):
Hi Dwight,
Thanks for your attentive work to detail on our fab TMNT game coding. However, there is an issue since code was updated with an extra ball loading into the van, 4 since 1.22 instead of 3. Played on code 1.21 for a few weeks and never had this problem, with too many balls loading into the van.
Updated to 1.22 a few hours ago and had the game loading 4 balls in the van when it only should be three.
Noticed it at least once every game.
I’m pretty sure this is software related...and now it happens EVERY game during Turtle Multiball since updating to 1.22 on my LE.
To test I choose Donatello and immediately start TM and every time the software loads 4 Balls in the van and looses track of how many balls are in play.
When I lose my second last ball the multiball keeps running, and when I lose my last ball, multiball ends and ball search starts looking for the ball that’s clearly the fourth one in the van. The diverter+optos work as they should.
Maybe the issue occurs when playing Turtle multiball and draining a ball, when ball save is still running simultaneously with the machine reloading the van??
Another issue since updating is now I hear the up post in the pizza parlor firing randomly, even though there are no balls in the pizza parlor to eject into the lane coming out of the parlor. Please fix that too.
Thanks and appreciate all your hard work to make our TMNT machines even better!
Dwight is the one that will fix this in the code and the obvious and best person to contact, imo.

Good on you TBird. Please let us all know if you get a response.

#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is Dwight’s 1st reply:
“I really do not believe that the latest code update could have caused those issues. It really only changed a small handful of stuff that is laid out in the readme. I will look into how the game could load 4 balls into the van. I appreciate the feedback.”
So he’s looking into a fix and will let us know ASAP I’m sure.
Did any of you guys successfully downgrade to 1.21? Where do we download that code, if so?

I admire your faith in Stern. Maybe I have lost my lustre for the company over the years. I know plenty of people that have reported the issue to Stern.

Code V1.22 has firmware undates and the firmware updates could be causing issues with the code. I am not a software person but worked out a few things when I tried to go backwards with the code. I successfully loaded V1.21 back in the machine via usb. Machine would not start back up saying coin door was open. (Our coin door switch is de activated and wires are clamped together). Leaving the game sit for 10 minutes, the game would start back up. I tried this a few times by turning the game on and off. Machine did exactly the same thing every time. The old firmware may not be in V1.21 so going backwards is not a good idea I think. Burning a new SD card may work, but I am unwilling to try it, Stern have not responded to any of my requests since Chaz (RIP). Maybe some of the software gurus can help us out and let us know how to successfully go backwards with the code.

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this happening to everyone going to the latest code? My mate was going to upgrade his LE and I told him to wait off just Incase it’s definitely the code.

I would hold off. At the start I though it was just our LE, but it is not. I know of plenty of LEs with the same issue.

#3793 3 years ago

Thanks Dwight for looking in to this issue!
Today I did the ultimate test and went to my buddy who also has an LE but was still running on 1.21.
We played the game for about 3 hours or so and my main focus was Turtle Multiball of course.
Not one single time the machine tried to load 4 balls in the machine during those hours.
With my friends approval we then upgraded to 1.22 and literally at the first time I started TM, the machine reloads 4 balls in the van... Looses track of balls in play en goes into ball search.
This proves to me it is 100% software related.
I believe nothing was changed on purpose, but something really did change...
I think it has something to do with the ball saver running while reloading the van and draining a ball at the same time.
Wanted to turn TM ball saver off to see if that cleared the issue, but apparently the lowest setting is 0.
At 0 it still has a little bit of ball saver.
When a ball drains after the very short ball saver, the van loads 3 balls.
When a ball drains during the short ball saver the van will load 4 balls.
Hope you can solve the issue very soon Dwight.
Cause my buddy blames me for updating his machine.

Awesome feedback. Thankyou. Hopefully Stern will listen!

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have an LE and no issues with the new code. It’s great!

Quoted from Eagle14:

I have an LE too and no issues with 1.22

If you get ball search issues could you please let us know.

#3807 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

you can just modify the link on the site and change 1_22 to 1_21 they still have it in the background, but not visible
pro:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
premium:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
LE:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
i don't know how many versions you can go back, i had luck with this method most of the for version before the latest.
On my pro version i downgraded again to the 1987 1.21 code, it did flashed again the node modeboards in this process. Going back again to 1.22 they were flashed again. I had no issues while playing in the downgraded version.

That is very good.. I like it! As long as you know the version numbers you can download old code!

I think you are on the money and we need to flash a new SD card to get all the correct firmware and software for that version of the code.

Great info, appreciate it.

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

For what it's worth, I'm seeing 4+ balls lock in the van even still on 1.21. I'm not even sure how many balls it's supposed to be anymore, as I definitely had a turtle power 6-ball going today. But it didn't really bother me- it was a blast to play.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's just related to the balls getting magnetized over time.
How does the van actually sense how many balls are loaded up? Is there a single opto that is supposed to only see one at the third position? I don't recall enough wires coming out of there to sense each one individually.

There is a diverter and one opto that counts the balls as they go in to the van. That is it. If the balls are magnetized, the could stick together and two could go in before the diverter closes.

#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have 1.22 on my LE and I just tried about a dozen TPMB on my game and it always re-loaded 3 balls into the van after the ball save times out. I even shot the right ramp as balls loaded and it worked ok.
I'm not doubting your problem, but in the meantime you could check a few things:
- The top switch on the right ramp is working correctly (probably not related to locking)
- The van door is not getting stuck open (for whatever reason)
- The van enter opto is working correctly
Rob

Have you stacked the multiballs to see if this happens on your game?

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks! Also, can I download the 1987 version to a usb stick and flash it directly to a new blank SD card I install in Spike 2 SD card slot? Will that work, since I have new Apple computer, that does not have an SD card slot on it, in order to flash the software.

HowtocreateSDcard.pdfHowtocreateSDcard.pdf
#3812 3 years ago

Thanks for the links cabal !!
I can confirm that it works.
Downloaded the link for the RAW SD card for the LE 1.21.
Unzipped it and flashed it to a new SD card wit hddrawcopy tool.
Put it in my machine and when powering on, it started flashing the node boards back to 1.21.
Started a dozen games and the issue is gone!!!
The van works like a charm again, and I can confirm the issue of loading 4 balls is gone.
So the problem was indeed software related.
I'm going back to playing again!

That is awesome info thanks very much. We will flash a new SD card and go back to V1.21.

Waiting for Stern is like watching red wine mature. Takes years and sometimes the result is fantastic other times just shit.

#3837 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Once every 3-4 games when I lock ball 1 in pizza parlor, it shows lock animation, and then the game acts as if I drained a ball. It only happens on ball 1 and also seems more prominent if I stop to watch the animations. Anyone else? This is a Pro on v 1.22. Love this game so far!

Do you know how to put your machine is switch test? If you cannot get someone to help you.

Sounds like you may have a switch issue in the pizza lock or ball trough. A good start would be to put your machine in test mode and test the switches in the ball trough and pizza parlour with a ball.

Good luck!

#3843 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

So this one has me stumped... I'm trying to understand how to install my new cliffy shooter lane eject. I'm not sure how to get these two screws out near the eject. The tops are flat and the underside doesn't have any leverage either.

You can tap them out from the bottom. Put the nuts back on a couple of turns and gently tap the bolt up. Once the nuts have bottomed out, take them off and tap the bolts out. The bolts have wings on then and need to go back in the same direction they came out

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I also started having the exact same issue in version 1.22 and was about to post about it. I did the same experiments as you and had the same results. Prior to the code update I had never seen this happen.

Please let Stern know.

We successfully went back to V1.21 by flashing a new SD card. The issue has gone and our machine does not go into ball searches any more.

#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

xaqery This has worked for me as well. After going back to 1.21 on a new SD card I haven't encountered ball searches after TP multiball anymore (15 games in). I'm now running 1.21 on my TMNT LE (#62/500). Let me know if you need further data

Nice!

Hopefully Stern are listening.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What does it give you access to?

Not much! Email notification of code updates.

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I hope stern fixes this. Such a great game.

Ours works fine so far. If we think it will become an issue, we will just buy a few spares. No big deal. Game rocks! Looking forward to pinnys and tinny s this arvo!

#4022 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Funny, I installed 1.22 last week and had a bunch of plays with no issues and then the 4 balls in the van started happening. Also had another issue where all the balls on MB would drain and it still thought it had a ball out somewhere. Would do a ball search and then i would have to turn the game off and on. After the cycle it went back to normal.. I swapped the card back out and went to the 1987 1.21 code.

Could you please let Stern know.

The more of us that let them know, the better and faster the issue will get resolved. I love the shaker integration on the new code.

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing completely towards the end of Turtle Power Multiball? It’s happened to me a few times now - just now when I was down to only two balls and hit the right ramp for “add a ball”, then it just completely crashed. I have a pro (not sure if that matters)
[quoted image]

Our LE has done this once. I think it is a firmware issue as our game takes a long time to fire up compared to our other Sterns.

Report it to Stern and your distro.

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
All the lights on my tmnt LE are off when i activate the button on my lockbar for the glider... Then the game restart.... Is it normal to have this problem on a 10k$ machine ? (and all the other problems with ramps, balls stucked behind the van, playfield issue, glider without screws and is falling on the playfield ?.)...
We dont have answer of stern about all these issues ?

Have you let your distro and Stern know? Please let us know what they said. I have got no response.

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Actually, just now playing, and noticed the auto plunge without a ball issue on turtle power multiball also. I think with both tpmb and parlor mb, the correct number of balls are out on the playgirls, so not sure why it's auto plunging without a ball. Anyone else with this issue?

Please let your distro and Stern know.

2 weeks later
#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Regarding the software 1.22 issue some (LE owners?) of us face with the machine loading 4 balls into the van during turtle power multiball (and then forgetting about the 4th ball): I think my distributor here found the solution. The receiver board on my ball trough (the one closer to the player) apparently was a new type of this board and the sensors did not align with the respective holes against which it is mounted, thus blocking one of the sensors. My distributor just replaced the board with a different version (don't know whether "older" or "newer") and since then, I have been able to play 10+ TP MBs properly with no issues anymore - on software 1.22!
xaqery: Might this make sense? Again, I use the LE #62/500.
pinballaddicted thunderbird mr_g_hosting

Our distro informed us that Stern are aware of the Van loading issue and will address in the next code update.

1 week later
#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone have a download link for the previous PREMIUM game code? I want to go back to the version before 1.22 to see if my game still loads 4 balls into the turtle van. This problem is beyond annoying at this point. Almost every time playing my game, the turtle power multiball ends up loading 4 balls into the van. Then I have to wait for the ball search (on the 4th or 5th time) to release the van balls to continue play.

You will have to flash a new SD card with V1.21 to successfully go back to that version. Stern are aware of the issue and say it will be fixed in the next code update.

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 - This is true. It should be soonish(tm). But, please remember that plans often change, for lots of reasons.
2 - We found an issue in the software. If your game has a lost ball the van may count the balls wrong.
I think if you have seen this issue its possible that your van opto is intermittent. It may work in test but maybe not while the van diverter is energized because it moves or something. This part I don't know. The code coming soonish(tm) should help with these issues.
3 - I strongly believe that V1.22 did not affect #2. It was in there the whole time. I think it took time/plays for the opto to move a bit or something.
4 - I cant believe that you guys do not think this game should be top 10!? : ---- )

Hey Dwight. Thanks for responding.

I flashed a new SD card and went back to 1.21 code. No ball searches since we went back. Optos are working fine. We have a LE.

There has been plenty of pinsiders report the ssme issue. The issue resolved itself when we all flashed new SD cards with V1.21 and put it back in the game.

Hopefully the code update will come out soon.

Thanks.

#4493 3 years ago

Can anyone that had the van ball lock issue in a LE confirm that the software update resolves the issue?

I have confirmed that the opto in V1.22 works every time and counts the 4 balls into the van on our LE and the game goes into a ball search. I took the glass off and loaded the four balls manually and the opto worked every time. Our game definitely does not have a loose or intermittent opto like suggested in the code update notes.

#4558 3 years ago

For anyone that is still running V1 21 due to the ball search issue. We updated to V1.23 last night and I am fairly sure the latest code resolves the issue. Our LE has been working great. No lost balls or ball searches

Game rocks!

1 month later
#5155 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Played some TMNT, found it kind of odd. You can keep getting unlimited add a balls in turtle power. Was really easy to manipulate. Anyone think they may fix this in a future code update.

Can you tell us how you did that? And which Turtle you were please? Co-op or Vs or normal play?

Maybe the game you were playing has a fault or is still on old code? Our game does not do that.. I think!

1 week later
#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am a bit disappointed that Stern hasn't addressed 2 possible problems with the right and center ramps. Both ramps really need plastic guards, but in different places and different reasons:
- The ball can absolutely NAIL the right ramp sign on a hard shot. Sooner or later the ramp will probably break where the sign is mounted.
- The center ramp misses counting fast shots.
Maybe Stern doesn't know about the issues, but I see both happening on my LE all the time. Surely others must as well?
Rob

We made an air ball protector for the centre ramp that starts behind Krang and goes to the opto servos behind the glider. It is hard to get good photos. Resolved all our centre ramp issues. Credit goes to gumnut01 I got the idea from a protector he made. Reason it goes down to the servo optos is because we also had issues with the ball jumping over the glider mech and not registering there either.

16085864420016305921199731714202 (resized).jpg16085864420016305921199731714202 (resized).jpg1608586491106376841461265020973 (resized).jpg1608586491106376841461265020973 (resized).jpg

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Glad it worked. Your design works for thicker lexan. Looks good. Here is a link to my design again. I used the thinner polycarbonate that you can cut with industrial shears. Until you put a shield of some sort on that centre ramp you will continue to have problems with the opto registering. This is a kick in the guts if you miss a combo cos of an airball. I have reported this to stern via my distro.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/80#post-5885440
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/80#post-5885527
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/81#post-5886914
Here is the air shield for the right ramp which will stop balls from hitting the gate and make the right ramp easier to hit. It stabilises it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/81#post-5886900

We use 1.5mm PETG and cut it with scissors. Easy!

2 weeks later
#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Any gotg owners here?
I can swap my gotg LE with a TMNT LE.
Pros for the gotg is the theme and music. I don’t hate turtles as a theme but gotg resonates much better with me. Also I prefer typical real video over cartoon.
Pro for the TMNT is however the layout. I get the feeling it’s just a better shooter with more to shoot. Three flippers are better than two I guess
On coding I haven’t played tmnt enough to say which is better however. I get the impression however TMNT has deeper code.
Laat but not least I think reseller value gotg is typ better as TMNT, at least in Europe where the theme TMNT is less strong as gotg. TMNT is more a kiddies theme over here.
Any comments from gotg plus TMNT owners?

We have a GOTGLE and TMNTLE. We have had GOTGLE since new and love it. We have never completed the game but still play it regularly and that is a good sign at our place. Too early to tell with TMNTLE, we are only 300 games in. So far I love it but my wife not so much. Game is fast and hard to learn to play. Ball times are short and game can be brutal. Winner for me. We are all big kids!

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Where are you guys getting the rubber kits for this game? This is my first pin so I don't know all of the reputable sites yet.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

1 week later
#5666 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Just had a game reset just as Turtle Power multiball started. Everything went dead. Running latest code. Anyone get this? Playing as Donatello.
[quoted image]

We have had that happen on our LE a couple of times and so have a few others with pro s and premiums. We have reported this to our distro but the game has not done it again since the new code update. I am convinced it is software or firmware related.

2 weeks later
#5949 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Do you have many 'mods' installed that are drawing from the power? I seem to recall somewhere (and this isn't gospel, just a theory) that the current spike systems aren't made for much extra power draw. Perhaps one of the reasons stern also changed their user agreement recently with respect to mods, etc. Lot's going on during multi ball, coils firing everywhere, shaker acting up (if a shaker is installed), etc.

We have occasionally had the same issue and we have no mods fitted to our game. Plenty of Pinsiders have reported the same issue. I think there is a bug in the code or firmware.

#5951 3 years ago

I've gotten that bug once. No mods.

I spent a fair bit of time investigating as we had plenty of reset issues with our machine when we got it. The game also took a long time to start up. I think some of the resets would be caused by a faulty servo. You can tell if your servo is faulty, it will tremble or not work at all and cause the machine to reset. We have not had any reset issues since we updated to the latest code.

Cracker of a game. Well done John Borg, Zombi, Dwight and the rest of the crew at Stern.

3 weeks later
#6225 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My auto plunge is too weak to make it to the van (LE) any body have any solution? It’s turned up to max in settings already, it’s not good during multiball,the van can’t refill and keep getting balls forever until the shooter land fills up,then I gotta manually plunge them into the van . Also,during multiball,if lair lock is lit and 2 balls get locked in there,it does like 4 ball searches before letting them out . Anybody else have these issues on their premium/LE ? Otherwise,great game !! Super fun and exciting,very difficult tho!!

We had this issue. Turning up the shooter power only makes it worse, try turning the shooter power down. This did not work for us either so we put a larger coil in the auto plunger. Stern part number 090 5023 OT 22 600 (cut the diode off if the coil comes wit it on). Game works great! we love it. We have done this on 2 sterns now. TMNTLE and IMDNLE. Both work great, no issues.

Lair lock will have a switch or two that are not working correctly, ours had that too. We adjusted the switches so they worked properly... Cowabunga!

Good luck!

1 week later
#6324 3 years ago

I've had the TP MB reset a couple times. Stern is sending me a new SD card to try.
It also takes the game about 40 seconds to boot up. Longer than Maiden by quite a bit.
I would guess the next step would be new CPU.

We had the same issues you are having with boot time and resets. Stern were going to send us a new CPU as well.

Long story short... turned out the power wires for the node board were cable tied that hard that it split the wire coating and the wires would touch. Not enough to blow a fuse but enough to cause resets and other issues. A new SD card fixed the long boot times.

Longer Story. We bough the game NIB at release time in Australia. We swapped out with our Elvira.. CPU, 2 new SD cards, 2 node boards, power supply, and power distribution board. There was nothing left to change over so I knew the issue had to be in the wiring loom. I started with the power wires from the power distribution board. I guarantee you unpicking wires from looms and takimng looms apart is not a nice thing to do. This took 2 days to work out as I was also checking all the plugs and connections. Once I had insulated the wires from each other, nearly all the resets went away. We have only had one reset since the last code update (bug).

I went to the shop and bought a new SD card. I put the latest code on it and loaded it into the machine. Once it did its thing, machine has started booting up fine and we have not had the issue since. I loaded the old card just to see what happens.... boot issues. Card has since gone to the tip. Going backwards in code is not a good idea on this machine. The firmware updates do not undo themselves properly so I think this is not a good idea. We had issues with the SD card because of this. I would recommend full update and verify on this game every time.

Comclusion for us: The long boot time was caused by the SD card. You also need to make sure the card is loaded properly. Reset issue was caused by the wires being tied too tight.

Reset issues for you (if you have the know how) I would disconnect the glider (if you have a premium not sure if this is on a pro) to see if this resolves your reset issues. I would disconnect the GI lighting from the node boards to make sure one of the LEDs does not have a short or the wires are soldered on back to front. A short will cause reset issues without bringing up an error on the CPU.

Hope this helps you out a little. Good Luck!

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Interesting seeing this about boot times yesterday. This is my first spike 2. Mine takes around a minute to boot up, but have never had a reset or any other issue. What is a ‘normal’ boot time on this game?

I checked our boot time on our TMNTLE and it was approx 40 seconds. I checked our other 5 spike 2 games and they are all around the same boot time. To answer your question I have no idea what a normal boot time would be. Out of interest and your question I timed them all today when we turned them on. When we were having boot issues with TMNTLE, sometimes our game would take over 90 seconds to boot up.

1 month later
#6661 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

(Note: don’t use silicone on the flippers and stay with stock Stern rubber and you’ll love the way it shoots. I made the mistake of putting titans on from the beginning and became frustrated. Removed Titans and put Stern rubber back on and it shoots like a dream now.)

If you like the feel of standard black rubber try low bounce Titans (they are thinner). Normal Titans are meant to be the same as red Stern flipper rubber.

We had to take all the Titan Post sleeves out and put the standard Stern ones back in. The Titans were falling apart after less than 100 games.

2 months later
#7162 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

They get kinda glowey when the PF gets dark.
I added a couple black light strips

Our Titan Post sleeves tore up in less than 200 games... Make sure you keep your Stern tapered original sleeves.. I am confident they will be going back in soon!

2 months later
#7688 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Anyone has an issue that when you turn on the game it get stuck just after the Turtles logo (before showing the version of the game)? Running 1.42 by the way, and this is the Pro version.
The only light on the playfield is a red switch light on the left ramp, and the machine only gets back after restarting. It happens probably 5-10% of the times I turn it on.
Since the machine is pretty new (1 month old) I still have warranty if need to replace any parts. Just not sure what. Would like to get an idea if anyone faced this as well before opening a case with stern.
Thanks

Start by re seating the SD card. If that does not work, I think you need to flash a new SD card.

2 weeks later
#7829 2 years ago
Quoted from drinklime:

My game just crashed during turtle power multi-ball on my very first game after the 1.50 update. 2X was running and extended a couple of times no episode was running and April hurry up was starting. The lights turn green then stop flashing then the game goes dark with the screen frozen on April scene. Game rebooted itself after a while.

Well that is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for that bug to be fixed. Our LE has done that a couple of times on every code update, then it does not do it again.

#7834 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ah man, same. I just assumed the crash was fixed even though it wasn't addressed in the release notes. Bummer.

Did you do a full update and verify?

#7836 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Admittedly I have not updated yet, so I'll report back once I do.

All good, we have not done ours yet either. Hopefully later today.

3 months later
#8370 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Stern, FIX THE CRASH.

We replaced the SD card and our game does not crash any more.

2 weeks later
#8434 2 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Xaqery , had two turtle power multiball crashes in 2 days. Getting nervous about including this game in tournaments and leagues Super fun game otherwise!

Have you tried replacing the SD card?

We replaced ours and have not had a crash since.

#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got several Borg designed games and he always makes his designs to allow backhanding the shots. Most good designers do this. Richie designs this way too and so does Elwin. Without backhanding the shots on TMNT are more dangerous and I cannot advance as deeply in the game. Fans do help a great deal. You can make your own fans easily and save a bunch over what they’re sold for from retailers, if you don’t mind DIY.

What Elwin game can you backhand a left or right ramp?

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Avengers Gauntlet Ramp is specifically designed to be hitable from all 3 flippers. Jurassic Park's left ramp is borderline backhandable as well.

Avengers Gauntlet ramp is not a left or right ramp, it is a centre ramp and I would expect to be able to backhand that shot. We can on our machine. JP left ramp was never designed to be backhanded.

#8478 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I agree that JP's left ramp probably wasn't designed to be backhanded, but it is possible. On AIQ, in my opinion, Black Widow is a centre ramp, but Gauntlet ramp is a right ramp. I don't know how you define "right ramp" though, I guess that's ultimately up to you.

Elwin said the Gauntlet ramp on AIQ was specifically designed to be made from all three flippers. He has never said that his designs are designed to have backhandable ramps like Thunderbird stated.

4 weeks later
#8732 1 year ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Hopefully they fix the code, that’s the only thing stopping me from buying this pin.

What is wrong with the code?

I think it is sone of Deights best work. We love ours.

1 month later
#9024 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

had another freeze.. played tp mulitball and extra ball. then froze and rebooted.. cmon stern fix the code.......

Have you burnt a new SD card? We have not had another crash since we did this.

1 month later
#9201 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

Hmmm no mention of a TPMB fix...

Have you replaced the SD card? We have not had a crash since we put a new card in.

1 month later
#9359 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re welcome. We all had to learn the hard way, leaving stock rubber from day one to using titans had me feeling TMNT was a tough shooter. Going back to Stern stock rubber changed the game for me, to becoming a real layout dream machine. Think this one has legs as more and more discover how outstanding J Borg designed the layout. Now if Xaqery Dwight will fix the code and dedicate whatever time is needed to make it the AAA title it should be.

You know Titan has low bounce flipper bands that behave similar to natural rubber?

We put Titan bands on every game we own. Way less dirt than rubber, game is easy to clean and look after.

#9415 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

The Turtle Power Multiball crash is a huge problem, it’s a game breaking bug that happens at a 1 out of 45 chance. A huge bummer if it happens during a reset of the mode so late in a game. Hopefully it gets fixed one day cause the game is amazing otherwise. We really shouldn’t be recommending it to new people in its current state.

We have not had that happen on our game since we replaced the SD card and fixed a few other issues.. We had a fair few issues with our game straight out of the box. Our game crashed quite often during Turtle Power multiball and other times as well. Another reason to crash is the servo is faulty on the glider. We found some faulty wiring (cable tied too hard and wires were stripped) and just fixed one thing at a time. Game works great now.

TMNT is an amazing game once it works properly.

2 weeks later
#9547 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

This is the stuff I used VViViD+ Ultra Gloss Candy Purple... amazon.com link » im no pro but i took my time and will tell u all how i did it first off rub clean your parts with rubbing alcohol especially the top bar theirs oil on our hands the stuff wont stick but clean with alcohol and it will the tools needed are a handfull of razor blades and a heat gun it’s really easy i even did the shooter plate
[quoted image]

That looks awesome..

Is it ok if I ask for a photo of the back of the legs or lockdown bar?

We have a friend that wraps cars and he is keen to see the back so he can do some of our games.

#9562 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Heres a pic of the wrap cut before I wrapped it its about a 1 to 1 1/2 inches on the inside of the leg if your super anal you could cut a strip and wrap the complete inside but for me this was sufficient im sure if your freind wraps for a living he shouldn’t have a problem ive never wrapped anything and i got it first try whats cool about wrap if you get a crinkle or air bubble no problem grab your heat gun its like magic any other questions id advise to watch YouTube videos but for what its worth I didn’t and still got it lol [quoted image]

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#9789 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

thanks all. these are bran new Titan standards so shouldnt be magnetized. also works fine in test menu and when launching from start so doesnt seem like alignment. just super weak during gameplay. I remeber at an arcade a year or two ago there was an LE with 4 balls jiggling in the shooter lane. thanks all will check these suggestions too

We had that same issue. Upping the auto shooter power only makes the issue worse. Try lowering the power to see if that works.

We ended up putting a bigger coil in the shooter. That fixed it.

#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

thanks very much will give it a try at lower power. No issues with a higher power coil drawing power? could you share which coil #? thanks!

We have done the coil upgrade on 2 machines with no issues. IMDN and TMNT.

Stern Part number 090-5023-OT/22-600 Coil. Straight replacement of the original coil.

If the coil comes with a diode, you need to cut the diode off.

Good luck!

2 weeks later
#9921 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I feel like this is a dumb question, but it's there anything special about leveling this game? All of the legs on mine are as short as possible and the bubble is at the top. The only way to get it towards the middle is to raise the front legs, right? But that would make the playfield angle closer to 0. It doesn't seem right. If anything it seems like the angle should be steeper... Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Your bubble could be fitted the wrong way around. Our DP was like that so I put a level on the playfield and the bubble was way out.

Level your game with a level first.

16680369265702359818092301133047 (resized).jpg16680369265702359818092301133047 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9969 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Just joined the club after trading for a premium just off location. I thought I would give it a try because it was so hard to play on location which I like.
Anyway actually came here to see if there was a crash issue during gameplay and found what I wanted so thanks. Updating now.
The version I have plays so much smoother than I expected from my location experience so look forward to figuring it all out.

Welcome to the club!

Game is an ass kicker. Very enjoyable and satisfying when you kick ass back!

2 months later
#10308 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm just trying to understand why this pins seems to have settled in the undesirable category. I actually prefer a challenging layout. Perhaps many of the newbs do not? Or perhaps it's the code? It's certainly not the art or the theme. I don't have enough time on it to comment on the code. I only played it a few times and didn't have a problem with the layout.

Game is an arse kicker. You get your arse kicked a lot. We have a LE and have had it since it was released. I love the game. I think once a fair few games have found loving homes, game will become like Ghostbusters. Love hate relationship. Most will love the game. A noisy few will hate the game

1 week later
#10337 1 year ago

In the club. You guys were right. This pin rocks. I love it already. I think it's just what I needed as my other 2 sterns are the longer-playing sort. Haven't owned any ass kicker sterns since TWD and IM.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

I think Turtles kicks arse harder than TWD and IM. Turtles is much faster play.

#10341 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Any tips on how to make the center ramp shot more reliably? I have a very low percentage and it's frustrating. Currently have my machine set to 6.7deg, level, and I think the upper flipper is around 190 power? I'm no pro, my high is around 44M, but I'm not terrible either.
I have upper flippers on my Godzilla, Twilight Zone, and Whitewater and all of them work fine, but TMNT sends the ball around so crazy fast that it feels like a .01 second time window to actually make the shot

I think that shot is meant to be tough. I find the ball is just ripping around there quite a lot and I miss most of them as well. My solution is to shoot the ball lock in the van. When the ball is ejected from the van it is travelling much slower giving me a better chance to make that shot.

Good luck!

#10356 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't think Dwight is going to invest any more time in it, and I can't imagine stern is going to want to invest any more in the code with the game out of production. As much as I love this game, it very much feels like a Dwight game, and while that comes with some good things, it also typically means you're stuck with bugs and you're lucky if the game has all of the intended features in any form.

You mean like Stern and Dwight did a GB code update 5 years after the game came out? History shows Dwight does do updates years after the games come out.

1 month later
#10586 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Figured a lot of guys may have both or have had Guardians.

You figured correct. We have both. If we had to pick one it would be turtles for me Gotg for my wife. Tough choice. Turtles is a big ass kicker where Gotg is quite forgiving. Both themes are fantastic!

#10601 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You might need these...
[quoted image]

Love it!

#10613 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ve found a lot of posts in this thread regarding the auto plunger failing (getting weak), but haven’t been able to find any real resolution. I’m starting to see this on my TMNT more often now that I’m 4-6 weeks into ownership.
What I’ve found in this thread is that the culprit could be either:
• magnetized balls (I use titans which never had a problem in the past with, but will try swapping them out this weekend if I have others).
Or
• replace auto plunger coil with an upgraded coil.
Looking for owner experience and thoughts. Thanks!

First thing you need to do is make sure the ball is in the correct position when at rest in the shooter lane The manual plunger shoud not be touching the ball. The ball needs to be in the middle of the shooter lane with the auo plunger touching evenly on both sides.

If you put the game in test and fire the auto plunger, does it get the balls all the way around? It probably does

We have never had an issue with magnetized balls.We bought hundreds from Pinball Life when we had the chance years ago

We swapped out the auto plunger coil to a bigger one, turned the power down and have not had the issue again. The part number is in this thread, remember to remove the diode ifcit has one.

Good luck!

2 weeks later
#10677 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhorosko:

Anyone ever have the glider react too slow to a ramp shot? Raphael weapon shot is one where the glider will miss trapping the ball. Anything that can be done?

Game is super fast and we have that happen all the time. Does not bother us.

2 months later
#10942 9 months ago

I have a new pin on order and need to sell one. I will be selling Godzilla and keeping Turtles.

Great move! We play turtles way more than Godzilla.

#10974 9 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I love mine but I do wish they would make scoreing a lot better like Deadpool or when they did the final code on ghostbusters. I was playing both at my house and was having a blast I thought man if they would just make tmnt scoring like this it would be great. Maybe they will who knows.

Do you have Insider on the machine? Insider gives you extra scoring perks depending on which turtle you choose.

#10981 9 months ago
Quoted from marineman:

Regarding scoring, I continue to be very disappointed the episodes aren't worth more. Under $1m for most of them. IMHO, this game is way too dependent on multiballs. If you choke one of them, you have to wait for 4 episodes to re-try, which is an eternity in this game. It really feels like it's MB or bust, and that's sad on a game with great other modes.

Get an insider account and start using it. It is free and will ease your disappointment.

#10988 9 months ago
Quoted from marineman:

I have IC on mine, and all turtles ranked up to L4. I still probably average in the 25-35m range for scores. I largely try to get through the modes because I find them challenging and enjoyable. Even when I do well on those, without a solid multiball or two, the scores tend to be low.

I do not have all the turtles up to level for yet. I too enjoy playing the modes and sometimes use the multiballs to complete the modes.

Great game, I love it.

3 months later
#11221 6 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey TMNT owners! Looking at this pin as a contender for my first one. I've always been a big fan of the franchise and it looks fun with lots of cool art and toys and it's also ranked highly on pinside top 100's list.
However, when comparing this with many of machines from stern in the same age range of 2017 - current, it is cheaper than almost all of them... By an average of $500 - $1000 for each model it seems.
While that seems great on paper (who doesn't like saving money), it's got me wondering if there's something known about the machine that I'm not aware of? Any notorious gremlins or things that always break that are expensive / super annoying (outside of normal pin standards)?
Just wondering why this one seems to fetch lower $$$ than others?

It is a tough game. Short ball times and low scoring. Some people want easy games... That is about it.!

3 weeks later
#11287 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

In the club with the sale... Couldn't pass it up, wife wanted one forever, got nib for used price. Cowabunga

Welcome... Get ready to get your ass kicked! A lot!

5 months later
#12002 12 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Is there a document or video which explains how the standup targets work? I mean how they score or what they contribute to. These are the ones at the ramp entrances. I get the one to the right of the pop bumper exit area that lights for 2X scoring. But what about the one just above that and also below? Are these the pizza toppings targets? Is there a sequence or pattern to what you get when you hit them? It doesn't seem to be mentioned or explained in either the manual or the rules sheet from Stern.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.