(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,656 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Guinnesstime
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 165 votes
    46%
  • Premium 89 votes
    25%
  • LE 103 votes
    29%

(357 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.06 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.33 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.43 AM (resized).png
B87823B7-200E-4BBA-BF22-4591F5D165EC (resized).jpeg
9C788E91-CBF9-4AB9-8278-EC24B7837A57 (resized).jpeg
15BCA070-B22A-451E-B63A-0A0AEFA8B9F3 (resized).jpeg
20210118_201938 (resized).jpg
20210112_105036 (resized).jpg
20210118_201916 (resized).jpg
1528C6D9-2FEF-45DF-BA37-17BB46217EAD (resized).jpeg
83401A46-E88E-4DC6-82D9-D1EF1EF10F4C (resized).jpeg
CFEB2BC7-02AF-4D8C-B476-E253E574BEDE (resized).jpeg
69541CC7-B76E-457D-B3D6-1CA71BB4A46A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (6 months ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (5 months ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (5 months ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (5 months ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (5 months ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (89 days ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (85 days ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (73 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickleric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 7 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

What does everyone do with old glass when you replace with hd glass?

Store in box hd glass game in. Save for if / when you sell game.

#135 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

- pro is loaded.

I am really excited to play the pro and to me it has the best looking art package. I agree its most likely going to be a winner and have strong sales.

That said...

I struggle to agree that the pro is loaded.

We have a few ramps, a spinner, three flippers, color GI, two mono targets on the sides, and a spinning disc with a magnet.

#166 6 months ago

Driver Board and list of other titles using this board.
6EE6E0C9-9F4B-4BE8-ABD7-78B502C92281 (resized).jpeg762C86AC-749F-4378-A798-A4B7A81A1362 (resized).jpegF12C15CA-A4E5-495F-808B-A7F4B3B2327F (resized).jpeg

3DC8E3B3-BD91-4961-83B8-4AABD9D84D9E (resized).jpeg
#200 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just don’t try to act like I know what goes into a pinball machine production cost. It all adds up and I bet quicker than people think. I bet $10 here or there in production cost can swing a feature from being added or not.
And a $10 part is just the start. What’s the cost of software dev on it, service of the part, etc.

As stated above many past pros included this board in their bom. Writing two software routines to control the motor differently on pro vs. prem/le is more software dev work. Cutting the board out certainly does reduce a modicum of cost, but I am led to believe the driving factor on leaving it out was to create differentiation and drive pre/le sales. It worked on me. I’m in and didn’t go for the pro, even though it has the best art.

I guess “one way” you could “spin” it is, by leaving out the direct drive board it is one less component to fail. This potentially creates a more reliable game for operators. I think the struggle for some is the cost factor creating the differentiation in pro vs pre/le often appears extremely low. The delta in sales price is significant. Now profit isn’t a dirty word, but when the differences are a switch here, and a driver board there, and the rest is software it does feel bad.

#205 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know a good distributor in Canada? My uncle is looking to get either a premium or LE, he’s over on Vancouver island. Thanks in advance.

Nitro pinball might work well for you.

#211 6 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

TMNT Full Gameplay Video
SDTM puts up Grand Champion and able to show many of the features and modes of Stern Pinball’s newly released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball machine

Just watched the vid, light show is legit.

#258 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Loaded! Setting up after I put my daughter to bed. she's going to scream in excitement in the morning when she sees it

Try not to keep singing the theme song the entire drive home.

#260 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Trents chops are amazing.

Do metal claws shoot out of those work gloves?

#264 6 months ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

charliew65 breger1 banker
Congrats! Keep us updated on the travels of your LEs! I haven’t received word on mine just yet (sad face) but would be very interested in seeing how quick they are getting them from factory to door.

They are shipping the LEs fast. I would recon yours will be shipping very soon. Got word mine ships this week, and pros going on the line again next week. If that is accurate Stern is crushing it. Their manufacturing abilities are impressive.

#298 6 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

A pro on the resale market already lol.

Well, give that guy a break. It is an awesome pinball bar that is not able to generate revenue right now due to the pandemic. Good deal for someone.

#329 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah I'll save close to 3k+ and go pro vs LE and not even think twice. One of the clearest pro decisions in recent memory.

You have a lot of experience trading pins. What do you think the difference will be in six-nine months selling a nib tmnt pro, premium, or le? Does it matter which one you get if that delta is relatively the same?

#397 6 months ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I just got my LE and will set it up tonight and test it out a bit.
I've played 30 or so games on the pro. Admittedly I've given up on that shot for the most part. It's really clunky imo. Rest of the shots are like butter. Everything else I'll hit 8 out of 10 times. But that LAIR shot, I'm probably legit working at a 2 out of 10 pace, with the ball going in and popping back out. Still not sure if it's a reflection of how the pin is set up or if that's just how it's going to be with the geometry of the pin or if I'm just randomly a terrible player with that shot.

try cradling two balls on the left flipper, and backflipping one of the balls into that shot, or late off the right flipper?

#404 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Any pro owners care to comment on glare? Is HD glass necessary, especially considering placement of upper flipper?

HD glass is not a necessity, but it is really nice. It has a tendency to multiply after you buy that first sheet.

#407 6 months ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ok I’m a pro and LE owner here So i have a reason to try and hype myself up but I’m sorry... am i the only one who’s disappointed?
The game feels blah...
Nothing happens you see no changes or sense of completion after furthering deeper into the game.
I love turtles hands down winner theme but i feel like the game does nothing for me.
You get zero sense of completion or satisfaction the further you make it through the game. Nothing changes nothing appears. I hope the code can resolve some of these issues.
Anyone agree?

Not every game is for everyone, that's ok. If you aren't feeling it, now would be a good time to move one or both of them, they would sell quickly.

#421 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

How is game selling? Does not seem to be a big hit on pinside. Nothing like Rick and Morty
when it was released. Just an observation. Game looks like it’s fun just not a theme for me.

Game seems to be selling quite well. Most people aren’t complaining about much, pretty positive vibes.

Stern has already sold through on 500 LEs and has probably sold even more pros. They are shipping them fast. Stern will have more Turtles in the wild by the end July than Spooky’s entire R&M run.

#569 6 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Speaker panel, coin door, shooter all done to match the LE finish. Also installed dougs speakerlightkits.com have it cycling all the turtle colors

That looks great. Do you have a color code for matching this color?

1 week later
#946 6 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just got LE#27 setup. Some issues.
1. Diverter hitting the ramp. In fact, my diverter was complete loose and laying in the ramp. We reattached it and tightened the nut. If tightened and secure it will not hit the ramp anymore. There is about 8th of an inch from the ramp and the diverter.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you get the wrench in there?

#972 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

To make the pizza wheel quieter?? <--pleaase.

At least the darn thing doesn't sound like the blender that is in JJPPoTC, that thing is ridiculous.

#978 6 months ago

Does anyone else feel that the start episode light is somewhat hard to see if it is lit on the LE? Glider blocks it from view.

#1066 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Will do. I'm hoping i can get the game fixed. If not ill just end up selling it and maybe buy one used down the road. I damn sure will never be buying another NIB stern again.

You'll get it fixed, it helps to stay positive. I totally get how frustrating it can be, been there with every single NIB I have had. Each one gets easier. I have found Stern pretty good to work with if you are patient, kindly persistent, and reasonable. Don't let the anxiety of it not working in the short term get the best of you!

#1108 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I think there is a difference between adjustments and opening a brand new game and its broken straight out of the box. For people who have seen my posts i have always been critical of Stern's quality control and I gave them a chance and received this mess. I ain't got nothing against people who buy NIB sterns. I just won't be playing the Stern NIB Lottery again or at least till the quality control goes up.

I get it man, it can be a risk opening NIB. Gently used HUO can be a solid choice. Later runs can often have a lot of early mfg. kinks worked out as well.

These issues can happen with every mfg. though, not just Stern.

JJP Pirates was a real treat out of box with the wires broken on the upper ship and having to take that ship out and solder wires back on. I did find JJP support to good to work with, and they did go the extra mile on a few things though it took some patience.

Had a buddy get an AFMr LE and the playfield was sitting in the cab somewhat warped and unlevel. After many weeks of go around with CGC, the fix they sent out was some blocks of wood and some clamps. The idea was to clamp the right side of the playfield down to the lockbar receiver hoping that it would eventually sit level. I found CGC support pretty amazing when you needed a simple fix or part, but in this more complicated and costly case the fix wasn't really adequate.

#1114 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious did anyone get a designer collectible signed by John Borg and if so what was it nothing was inside of mine

No collectibles, but there is a CoA that comes with the LEs.

#1273 6 months ago

Audio on LE was okay for me after update. I got pass phase one on final battle no problem.

#1459 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what is the verdict on the lightning in this game and whether pinstadiums would be worth it? Not looking to get into the PS overvalue argument - just want to know if this game is on the darker or lighter side.
For reference I thought JP2 was way too dark and needed PS. I played TMNT but it was very very bright in the building so I couldn’t really tell how this game does in normal or little lighting.
Is there a lot of light show elements in it like R+M? didn’t appear so but again, couldn’t tell for sure.

Lighting is good on TMNT, much better than previous sterns. There are two circular hole cutouts in the apron with LEDs behind them that shine on to the playfield to illuminate it. Works pretty well.

#1464 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes. You really need to spoon feed some pinsiders.
As for the apron lights - yes they look very good. Just curious if the PF itself (above the flippers is super spotty like IMDN, DP and JP or if you feel like you can see the art well. I even found GB to be lacking although that might just be me being crazy about seeing everything on that gorgeous pf.

Above the flippers, and middle of the playfield looks good. Its not Neo Fusion Hyperbeam® Plus+ Technology with BLUR™ photon merger bright, but you don't have any trouble seeing anything. Its not like DP or JP. Pinstadiums do really brighten up the game, but I don't think you need it on TMNT and its nice not having to deal with them when lifting the the playfield. I hope Stern does the apron LEDs on all new games.

#1661 5 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

GotG and TMNT have the same but different left outlane setups. TMNT has a post above the metal "M" which helps but is missing the adjustable post in the top left of the outlane. I'm fine with it as long as I can figure out how to not have the lair empty into the outlane.

jack the left legs up a few notches...

1 week later
#2147 5 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Upon doing a google search before posting my question - that is all I found. Was curious if there were anything else out there that maybe was better or if someone has swapped to this one and noticed a big difference.

Pin monk fans are great. One of the first things I’d install.

There’s also a store on pinside you can order them from, or http://www.pinmonk.com

#2241 5 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

What flipper rubbers are you using here?

Pinball Life Perfect Plays

#2243 5 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They make the playfields in house. All of them. Zero art or clear is applied. They send all the playfields out to a few different vendors who apply the art and clear.

What do you believe contributes to the variance in print quality? Do the vendors use different models of printers?

1 week later
#2537 5 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks for all your feedback, maybe this title is just not for me, but as I said i will keep it for now and give myself a little bit more time.

If you are already feeling this way, its probably not going to change. Nothing wrong with that. Its okay to sell and move on to a title you enjoy more. Great thing about the hobby is that its easy to do that.

2 weeks later
#3303 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You won’t hear anything.

I heard from a distributor that there is a board of three people at Stern that meet once a month to decide on what they are going to do for quality concerns customers submit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Frederick, MD
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Machine - For Sale
Farmington, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickleric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside