(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6142 3 years ago

What's the word on Krang mods? Borrowing a premium from a friend and shouldn't like Krang but holy cow, it cracks us up. Really would like to spend pro money if there is a way to add a similar Krang to the mix instead of going bigger just for a silly jumping brain.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s gone, we are sold out. If people find one and they want to send it to me to mod, I can do it.

Ooooh ok this makes me feel better. Definitely hoping to snag one if I go Pro on this!

#6149 3 years ago

Holy crap, this game is a blast. Get the low scoring out of your brain, stay in the game and it's got so much energy. The shots are like butter but challenging. Callouts are over the top nostalgia goofiness - same for the music. And my wife loves playing co-op mode with me.

I know I'm preaching to the choir in here, but this pin is underrated imo.

1 week later
#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Every time my Premium does this I just replace the balls and all is normal again.

Yeah having this problem on the Pre I'm borrowing right now and I suspect magnetized balls. Is that what the consensus is?

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just joined the club tonight. How do you start team mode?
[quoted image]

Enjoy! Hold in both flippers during attract mode and you can cycle from there.

1 week later
#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Everyone that gives this machine a chance loves it. Amazing design and if I had to have only one machine it would be TMNT. Amazing depth and game play. Definitely will be a highly sought after game in years to come.

Not gonna lie, it's kinda making other games meh for me. Deadpool feels like work right now compared to TMNT. I'm sure that'll change but this game is great.

2 weeks later
#6414 3 years ago

Just got a pro and loving it! Buttery smooth and fast. But I first played on a premium and hate the pro having the up-post on autoplunge. I can't seem to find a setting to change that - anyone know if one exists?

#6416 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Hold the left flipper in when you plunge and the post will go down and allow the ball to pass to the left side of the playfield.

Correct, just kinda annoying to have to do mid-game. Was hoping to be able to turn that off but oh well. Can spam the bonus multipliers.

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

But this would also defeat the super-handy up-post when you shoot the left orbit to get the ball back to the upper flipper for a middle ramp or orbit shot.

This is a good point, and honestly I'm getting used to it. Maybe it's because it's mine and not one I am borrowing, but I'm liking how the pro plays overall compared to the pre.

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Any ideas on how to resolve flying balls when first hitting the right ramp? The ball seems to be bouncing only from the left flipper then either hits the training sign, or the top of the swinging switch then goes air born to the back of the game. It looks like possibly the metal lip at the start/bottom of the ramp is bent?
Is this something I can easily fix myself, resolve through a mod, or do I need to work back with my distributer/stern for a new ramp?
PS - Sorry for the spam tonight. Now that Pinside is back up I had to catch up on my posts!
Thank you all
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious for a resolution on this, too, as I experienced the same problem on my Pro tonight. I took the glass off and messed with the gate a little, and there seems to be quite a bit of play in the ramp there, almost like it needs a little bit of added structure so it doesn't bow outward.

#6436 3 years ago

Thank you for these! Any suggestions on where to find the material used? Is it just a general hardware store purchase?

4 weeks later
#6632 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread (tried searching) but how do you level up your turtle? Are the training modes actual modes with certain shots to hit?

More like mini modes. Hit the Lair shot when training is qualified, then you'll have a couple hurry-up shots to hit.

#6641 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I was thinking the same thing. After the typical initial criticism it started to pick up some steam and then... Avengers came, and TMNT seemed to be forgotten about almost immediately.
I love the game but am struggling a bit getting into a groove with it. I think it's the scoring/objectives balancing you mention. I'll shoot well and hit shoots, look up and I've got 2M. Maybe I just need to be more strategic with my play. I think it's one of those games that make you a better player, similar to XMEN. Still a fun, beautiful, and challenging game.

Once I started playing more for progress and leas for scoring I really started to enjoy this game more. It's a mental hurdle, for sure, and can still be frustrating when you feel like you're flowing and not scoring.

My high score is still only 35M or so but there's just so much to do and so many good shots. High energy callouts seem to be far superior to AIQ, as well. Just a blast of a pin.

#6645 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Premium over Pro ... worth the 1800 more, what say you?

Borrowed a buddy's premium for awhile and ended up buying a pro. I haven't missed any of the upgrades (balls coming out of the van is fun but unnecessary, and the multiball start on pro actually feeds for a nice ramp shot; glider diverter wasn't something I often used) but I did add a lit Krang to keep the vibe similar. Save the 1800, add a couple mods and call it a day!

2 weeks later
#6797 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have 6-7 games, but absolutely. I play Maiden LE and TMNT Pro more than any.

I was told when I ordered (maybe 6 most ago?) that those play fields were early run Pros, like prior to LE production. Some got them on Premiums too (sucks) but mine it perfect. Nice sharp ink.

FWIW I think I have one of these lesser playfields in terms of print quality - I can tell if I look pretty closely at the trough area. But I'm the second owner and isn't personally a dealbreaker

Quoted from kell:

My LE has pooling throughout, which was my second straight NIB with PF issues (GB ghosting). I did the pooling fix on some spots, but am not able to get to a lot of spots unless I tear down the entire PF. Hope is lasts. Stern has corrected both to some extent, but I think I've come to terms with just accepting the imperfections.
Which is why I'm considering a JP and DP pro. Was able to play JP, but can't find a DP pro to play. Hearing it shoots better than the premium and debating that or AIQ. Any feedback on DP Pro?

I traded my DP Pro for TMNT Pro. Very different games but I have not missed DP.

That said, the theme is super fun and immersive and, to me, has far more energy than JP (solid) and AIQ (zzzzzzzzz). DP would likely complement TMNT pretty well.

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

If anyone here has the sewer mod from Greg this is what it looks like with a 2in LED strip added. Imo it really makes this mod pop out!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Was just thinking of doing this! What strip/how did you hook it up? Looks awesome!

1 week later
#6881 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Dwight was in the DF Mando stream yesterday. I mentioned about the low scoring versus most other pins scoring. He said the scoring was an experiement that he wasn't happy with and has considered balancing the scoring, just that it takes time. Fingers are crossed it happens one day, it would be good to have it better balanced.

Scoring on TMNT reminds me of scoring on Ghostbusters - but subtract a digit lol. My highest scores on both games have come from playfield multipliers during a long multiball, whereas I can progress through a ton of modes and not touch the GC. I've accepted them for what they are because they are a blast regardless, but I wouldn't turn down some TMNT scoring changes.

#6890 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

After owning this pin for a year now and putting in lots of games I would like to see a few tweaks to the code to make this pin even better, and I also have a few code dreams. One big change could be that the turtle perks and/or scoring opportunities should be balanced in the next polish update. As of now Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to score with(+1x playfield multiplier and 3x mode multiplier) and its really not that close compared to the other 3 turtles. I think maybe all the turtles should get a playfield multiplier at training level 3 if completed, and a mode multiplier at training level 4 if completed to balance out the turtle perks. All the other turtle perks seem to be close and fairly balanced. It seems like if all the turtles would have these perks then one could choose any of the 4 and feel like you have a chance to get a GC score. I think the modes are great and love how they add perks to your wizard modes…if you complete them. Pizza parlor multiball is a good way to try and get a chunk of points if you stack your toppings right to max out your scoring opportunities. One thought I had would be to add a ‘weapon shot’ to the action button. Every time I time I collect a successful “weapon hurry up” I think how cool it would be to get a weapon added to your turtle to use during Episode battles. You would use this ‘weapon shot’ during a mode that you can give you a free mode shot. This might make the weapon hurry up feel much more worthy of the risk to go for it and add to the fun factor. This pin has lots of qualities that can make it one of the best and really is only a few code tweaks away from being one of the great ones…IMHO.

Oh man I love this weapon shot idea! Paging Xaqery

1 month later
#7055 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Really hoping Dwight and team address the Final Battle voice glitch in next code update...pretty please hope you still love us even after Mando (which I also purchased!)

Yeah, I admit I was a bit bummed when that big TMNT email came in from Stern this morning and it was just for the crate. Was hoping for code update but alas.

#7065 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The title forum and official Stern rules don't expand on this at all. Tilt only list the 2 episode EB, and Stern says the other one come from eating pizza???
Anyone know how that even happens? I know from time to time it tells me to hit the action button to eat pizza, bit I have zero idea what starts that mode.
I know I can get to a max of 40 slices, but that does nothing.
And you mentioned one EB from the pop bumpers? What are the requirements of that?
Thanks!

Is EB after 2 episodes standard? I thought default on my Pro showed random or a non-specified number of eps for EB, so I set it to 3. If it's 2 for sure I'll put it back down because yeah, I could use em!

#7067 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Default is auto which usually is 2 but sometimes goes up to 3. I leave mine at auto.

Perfect, thanks! I think maybe early on I wasn't getting any at 2 episodes with it set to auto, so that's why I changed it. Worth putting back and seeing what happens though.

#7072 2 years ago

Damn, found a crack at the base of my right ramp and now I can see it moving every time I brick into the post. Gonna be interesting to see how long it holds up. Has anyone else here had to replace ramps yet?

#7121 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Even though I doubt Dwight will ever deliver on code (which is a major bummer), the game is still very fun to shoot, when my game is on it has that “one more game” feel for me.

Saaaaame. When you combo the ramps and loops it's just butter. I gave up playing for scores a long time ago on this one and just enjoy the ride.

#7129 2 years ago

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more scoring value on getting through the modes. It can be a grind at times and the payoff just isn't there.

That said, I love this game. Shots are just too fun for me to want to get rid of it because of scoring imbalances. I can ignore hurry-ups etc. if I just want to get into a rhythm and progress deeper in the game. It's made me a better shooter on the whole, and as someone newer to the hobby I appreciate that.

#7150 2 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

[quoted image]
My sling shot rubbers broke after around 1000 plays. Is this considered normal wear or something to talk about to my distributor? My GoT LE has 1400 plays and no signs of rubber failure..

This is just an opportunity to make your game pop a little more! I went with orange slings and orange flippers from Titan and it looks goooood.

1 week later
#7191 2 years ago

Maybe we need a collective/coordinated email campaign to Stern HQ with polite requests for code updates. Might make more of an impact...

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did anyone notice Slash's belt buckle is backwards? I'm guessing when the characters are modelled, mirror images are created as opposed to redrawing from scratch. They just forgot to fix that.
The animation of April behind a news desk is maybe the worst.... Perhaps we need a poll?
Rob

Slash's belt buckle is correctly backwards.

71PV3IM4hSL._AC_SY550_ (resized).jpg71PV3IM4hSL._AC_SY550_ (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7316 2 years ago

And I will vote purple.

1 month later
#7518 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Noticed I’m running code 1.23, and there’s 1.4 something available. Am i safe to update? Any big issues with the latest code?

You will get an occasional bug during Turtle Power Multiball where the game just dies. Otherwise there is plenty of good stuff!

3 weeks later
#7692 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

How is a shaker motor in this. Worth it?

For the beginning of Ninja Pizza Multiball alone, imo. But it's nice for 123 Foot and some other moments, as well.

#7729 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So is it pro or prem?
Im a prem guy. I like the extra toys, its a game. Removing fun stuff seems silly to me.
That being said, other than a ball dumping van, controllable diverter, and bouncy krang, do you guys think its worth the extra money?
My buddy wants one and has been trying to convince me that a pro is a good idea.

Borrowed a premium for a month before buying a pro. Haven't missed the premium, but did add a Krang mod for vibes.

1 week later
#7792 2 years ago

Just one of many reasons I love this game:

Battling Slash and having a hell of a time hitting any shots. Finally hit the left ramp to get into Dimension X with 2 seconds left on the clock.

"Welp, not beating this mode today," I think to myself.

Ball comes down the wireform, then I combo right ramp > inner loop > center ramp > left ramp to finish the mode.

Just incredible moments like that in this game...then I drained like 3 shots later lol.

#7805 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

Ooze speaker inserts I just made.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are great! Did you just 3D print an insert? I've got the colored speakers already but this is a nice touch.

#7817 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s certainly not enough insensitive for me to drop the $300 per game on the IC. They’ll have to do much more than this to get operators to buy these things

I think they are going for $200 atm, but I understand that's not super scalable as an operator. How are people responding to IC on Godzilla at your place?

#7830 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Well that is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for that bug to be fixed. Our LE has done that a couple of times on every code update, then it does not do it again.

Ah man, same. I just assumed the crash was fixed even though it wasn't addressed in the release notes. Bummer.

#7835 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you do a full update and verify?

Admittedly I have not updated yet, so I'll report back once I do.

1 month later
#8144 2 years ago

Anyone still getting Turtle Power MB crashes on latest code? Have had it twice recently, both during co-op games. Hoping that maybe narrows it down a bit.

4 weeks later
#8312 2 years ago

Pro all day.

#8347 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I trap up to to dead stop, let it roll barely down the flipper, then flip so that a barely miss upper flipper.

Same here, and definitely agree it's easier on early games before flippers heat up. It's a breeze right after a cleaning.

3 weeks later
#8439 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Agreed. IC added so much to the game. I haven’t started the pizza eating contest since I installed it. I wonder if this is a bug. Have you?

Feels like without Mikey that pizza eating has triggered far less on most recent code. Hopefully just a bug and not permanent, I love eating pizza.

2 weeks later
#8527 2 years ago

Yeah, I've had TMNT for more than a year now and only gotten to Neutrino Pizza Party once lol. Maybe a future update will allow for the previous settings for non IC users.

3 weeks later
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Also this game is severely underrated. The end.

For reeeeeaaaal. Absolutely criminal it's in the 40s or whatever on the top 100. I am guessing people don't like tough shooters but when you're on with this game it's so satisfying.

#8717 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I wouldn't put this game in the top 10 but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. I also don't think that just because I don't think it's the greatest game ever that I am "unfairly" rating it. I have put a ridiculous number of plays on it, have thought way too long and hard about the game as a whole and have come about my opinion honestly. When it comes down to it, not every game can be in the "top 10" and really a game doesn't need that as validation to be good anyway.

I'm curious how you play the game. When I start the game I basically go straight for modes and MB and just keep going with it, get to TUMB in order to re-light my MBs. April Hurry Ups are nice for some points but the other Cowabunga criteria aren't really worth your time when it comes down to it so you're better off ignoring them. That's what makes it feel linear to me.

I play the same way, but will occasionally aim for training modes early. It's somewhat linear in that you have the modes > MBs > modes progression, but the modes rarely come in the same order so it at least changes things up a bit.

#8733 2 years ago

I am curious how you all blow this machine up, score-wise. I've gotten to 6 or 7 episodes (still can't make it to Final Battle in one standard game), with 3 or 4 MBs thrown in there, and I think my GC is around 88M right now...

5 months later
#9526 1 year ago

Funny thing happened last night.

I had been deadset on selling my TMNT Pro for awhile. I've had it for about 18 months and had kinda hit the wall with it. Added a Rush Pro, then JP Pro, so I needed to move something to offest the spends. Had barely touched TMNT for the last few months, so I figured it was time.

Went to the garage last night, looked at the amazing art on the backglass, and immediately felt pangs of nostalgia. I've spent HOURS on this game, just getting totally destroyed by it but also improving by leaps and bounds. This pin has made me a better pinball player, and between that and the theme pulling at my early 90s upbringing it has earned a place in my heart.

So now I am downloading 1.53 code and figuring out which pin I will have to move instead. Anyone want to buy a Fish Tales? Lol. Turtle Power Forever (or at least until something shinier comes along).

1 month later
#9941 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

You mean like start the episode but dont start NPMB, even though it would be your 3rd lock? There isnt anything in adjustments like that.
Personally, I like it though. That and the way TPMB starts at the right ramp make for important strategy decisions about what to shoot and when, in order to get the episode with MB stacks that you want.

Totally agree. I always know I'm having a good game if I don't start Pizza MB until I'm on my third episode. For TPMB, it's so infuriating when the ramp is blinking but it's *also* the second shot you need to start episode, but that's part of the challenge I love.

#9976 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Oh geez that's even worse than the Max Krang Kombo being worth a whopping 500k!

I think I got 650 for max krang recently? Might be wrong tho.

#9978 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Well Raphael's 2nd perk is 2x Krang Kombo so that could bring it up to 1M! And the 2X playfield can bring it up to 2M points. And then Raphs Level 3 perk increases your 2x to 3x so then it could be worth 3M!

Lol I love shooting this game but yeah, scoring for max Krang should be more balanced. And just higher - it's not easy to pull off in single ball play! So satisfying when you do.

Truly, the recent code updates and a little time off have really rekindled my love for this game. It's just plain fun.

#10021 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

YUP. You are going to have to sell those....

He was pretty busy with his amazing firehouse mod for Ghostbusters - I hope he'll be busy here, too.

2 weeks later
#10107 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

But damn is it fun. I'd like to think it's making me a better pinball player. But i have my doubts.

This is *exactly* why I loved TMNT: It forced me to get better, and those skills have translated to other pins. I now step up to it confidently after hours upon hours spent battling with it, and for that reason it has won a (mostly) permanent spot in my collection. I've built up too much sentiment for it to let it go, and it scratches the nostalgia itch. Severely underrated but takes time to leave its mark.

1 week later
#10124 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Doing research for my next pin and realized I don't have a Borg yet. Which game do you think is less brutal, Turtles or Walking Dead? Which has tighter shots?

Don't have a ton of time on Walking Dead, but I think it is regarded as more difficult than TMNT (which is still fairly tough). If you're looking for a friendlier Borg that still shoots like a gem you can't go wrong with Rush. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with TMNT - it made me better at pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.