(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,058 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7471 2 years ago

Does anyone else find their balls magnetize super fast in this game or do I have an extra hidden issue?

I have a pro and balls started getting stuck in the van and not registering on a drain. I switched up the balls to new Polaris ones and reseated the trough cables and everything was good but only for about 60 games when it started happening again. I’ve ordered more balls to see if that fixes it again but I’m wondering if something else might be wrong or if they really magnetize that quickly in turtles? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

#7474 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Just happened to me this past weekend. Was wondering why balls were having issues in the lock and the trough and they are now "sticky". I have some extras that I am replacing them with (I also started getting the noisy pizza spinner so its time to find some oil to apply)

I’ve wondered before, how noisy is noisy for the pizza? I can hear it with the glass on and volume low but it doesn’t sound super loud

#7476 2 years ago

Thanks, it doesn’t sound like it’s grinding, just the noise of it whizzing round really. Thanks for the answers on the balls too, sounds like they magnetize fast for a lot of people. I didn’t think I had another problem as it was solved with the new balls, I was just surprised it was happening again after so few games.

1 week later
#7557 2 years ago

Hi peeps, found this screw in the bottom of the cab, have no idea where it came from. Its very specific looking (looks like it can only be hand tightened, no screw slot and its round, not shaped like a nut) so I'm hoping someone will know where its from? Thanks

IMG_1582 (resized).jpgIMG_1582 (resized).jpg

#7559 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

It is part of the coin mech.

Yay! thank you, I looked everywhere for a missing screw...everywhere except the door apparently. Wonder how it got all the way to the back of the cab!

#7561 2 years ago

wow, that's not good! Hope it didn't do any damage, at least mine was just a screw

3 weeks later
#7715 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Kinda wish you could select episodes like Deadpool and that they would save progress

Your progress isn’t saved but even if you fail the episodes you still get to play team up and final battle so in that sense it’s easier. That may be due to the difficulty level I have on, not sure. Also the dimension x targets switch which episode will start

#7771 2 years ago

You can backhand the lair shot

skip to 45.25 to see how!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1183310552?filter=archives&sort=time

1 week later
#7807 2 years ago

New code for all the insider connected stuff plus

FIXED:
- Fixed no speech at the start of FINAL BATTLE
- Plunging and holding the left flipper as Donatello on the first ball will
now not bring up the post and allow the ball to go all the way around.
- Fixed getting an extra ball from pizza slices during Ninja Pizza Multiball
- When loading the van, the TROUGH EJECT POWER adjustment was being ignored
and the coil was firing at full strength.
- Fixed the instructions during TEAM-UP after you have rescued all 3 and you
need to shoot the right ramp to DEFEAT SHREDDER.

NEW:
- Added Total page for the end of Nuetrino Party.
- Added BALL SAVE to Neutrinos Party.
- Added Completing Team-Up now spots one prerequisite for Cowabunga. They are
spotted in order to give the first that is not already complete.
- Max Krang
- Jackpot Grande
- Triple Mondo Jackpot
- Weapon Complete
- 5 April Hurry Ups
- Foot 1 2 3
- Choosing MICHELANGELO will give you 5 slices of pizza at the start of the
game.

TWEAKED:
- Made "coin door ball saver" and "coin door disables tilt" adjustments
available
- Added Starting points for Nuetrinos Party.
- The top post will not come due to a right orbit shot during Training
Levels.
- Selecting a Turtle at the start of the game will trigger the release of
the flipper button instead of the press. This lets you hold the left flipper
while you plunge and it will not change the Turtle you chose.
- Added a score award for starting Nuetrinos Pizza Party
- Reduced the scoring of Ninja Frenzy during Ninja Pizza Party.
- Fixed spelling error in a DJ Mixer tune title.
- Foot 123 will no longer stop Training from being start-able. If you start
Training while 123 is running, 123 will stop running and be lit again when
you are done with Training.

Interesting bit under the insider connected

- When you are logged in, if you train a turtle past level 1, the training
will be persistent.
- Each time you play you will be able to start the game with any turtle
at the last level you trained up to.
- If you are logged in, before starting the game, you can access the
GAME PLAY MENU by holding in both flippers.
- There is a new item in the menu: TRAINING RESET. If you choose
this from the menu you will reset your training back to level 1
for all your turtles.
- Your training levels will be 1 during competition play.

#7813 2 years ago

noob question, first time doing an update. The turtles update unzipped has a file and an archive do I just put the file on the usb or both? Thanks

#7855 2 years ago

So I just spent hours playing turtles, trying to get Cowabunga. I was playing with all 4 turtles, finally I got to Cowabunga and got 28m, yes! I thought, finally I am the Cowabunga champion! Alas, I was not, I did not get to enter my initials.

Can you only get Cowabunga high score as a single turtle?

2 weeks later
#7988 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Quick ? Updated to the newest code last night and now I’m getting all sorts of weird issues. Pizza spinner not working, krang barely moving up and down when taunting player with audio, glider will not move, and ball trough is spitting out 2 balls at a time. This is a premium and was working perfectly ok before the update. No technician alerts and ball trough test works fine with no errors. Node board test showing no errors and all of the lights and flashers are functioning. I changed a handful of settings that I always do such as lowering ball trough eject and lowering some of the flipper power. I did notice they took out the way to test the glider in the technician area. When I go to test the pizza spinner krang barely moves instead. Kinda strange bc with the older code I think you could test all 3 individually ( spinner, glider, krang) any ideas what is going on with my game? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

First I’d try and download and apply the code again using verified option. Also make sure you didn’t get the pro code? I’ve not read anyone else having an issue so far so that seems the sensible first thing to do

#7992 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Based on previous posts like this one, this sort of sounds like you may have flashed your premium game with a pro firmware update. I suggest downloading the premium update again and running it.

your fingers are faster than mine!

3 weeks later
#8099 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Thank you!!
Will 2x only run during an episode or something? I’ve never been able to get it to flash. So hard to score on this game, 2x is definitely a key player.

2x is lit by completing LAIR targets. It does 2x or lights training

3 weeks later
#8241 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I would love to see better integration of the action button on this game. Is there any other use than the Pizza eating contest, selection of your turtle, and launching the ball?

I used it a lot more for pizza eating before the newest code update. I don’t know if that’s a bug or on purpose change in code but I hardly ever get it anymore. I miss bashing that thing!

#8247 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Stern fix the crash!!!!

Did they? I don't see new code?

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Sounds like more of a command than a statement

oh yeah I mis-read 'fix' for fixed. Wishful thinking lol

#8277 2 years ago

Anyone else not getting a new Final Battle Champion high score recognised? On the most recent code, standard single player game. Drained last ball during Final Battle but it was still a higher score than my current one. Also my half shell challenge, although the overall seconds count is correct all the individual turtles say 50.00

#8279 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

As this game plays so fast, do many of you owners raise the front legs to slow it down a bit?
Richard

I have mine at 6.7, I tried 6.5 but the right orbit was a bit hard for me to hit and I got some air balls off the right ramp. At 7 the right orbit was easy but the game was fast and the centre ramp was tough so I ended up at 6.7.

Just play around and see what you like best

#8297 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

(only thing i wish was that Stern had "player" settings...so i didn't have to go thru the setting each time someone is coming over or my wife wants to play)

I'm hoping this is something that will come with time with IC

1 week later
#8335 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Apologies in advance for my physics ignorance. I have never been able to backhand the left ramp. To make it backhandable without increasing the flipper power, I need to make the playfield less steep right? What trade offs come with a less-steep playfield?

Wide shots are easier with a steeper playfield so if you decrease pitch the orbits (especially right side on turtles in my experience) will become harder to hit

You can just experiment a bit and see what works best for you

1 month later
#8457 2 years ago

Mine’s at 7 degrees, right ramp can be backhanded easily, before I fitted fans it would lose the strength to do it after a few games. Backhanding the left ramp at this pitch isn’t a gimme and I’m still working on getting it consistently but that’s me not being good enough at this pitch rather than it being impossible by design. Left ramp was easy at 6.5 degrees, not as easy as right ramp but consistent enough.

Supporting info that the ramps should be backhandable is that the ramps are backhandable. If they weren’t meant to be backhanded the design wouldn’t allow it.

I highly recommend pinmonks flipper fans if you play for a while and want to consistently backhand on this game!

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

If you aren't meant to backhand the left ramp that's fine, just wish we had a definitive answer.

It’s definitely doable

1 week later
#8544 2 years ago

I want to keep a copy of 1.50 code, can I only flash an SD card with a writer or can I put an empty SD in the backbox and add code on it like an update?

#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lets wait/see than, as TMNT is on my radar, but not with that reset bug still in...

I wouldn't let that put you off, I've only had it happen 3 times in about 1000 games, that's why it's so hard to pin down what's causing it.

#8599 2 years ago

Does anyone do an airball protector for the right ramp? I seem to be getting quite a few airballs on the right ramp from the left flipper since installing the pinmonk fans. Already at 7 degrees. I could turn down the left flipper power but then I might not be able to backhand the left ramp. Thanks!

1 week later
#8645 2 years ago

Since updating the code I’ve had a few times when the flippers die for 1 second, nothing else seems affected, the game doesn’t crash like the TPMB bug and the flippers respond again after a second.

I’ve reseated the trough connectors in case it was coincidence that it started happening since the code update but that hasn’t helped.

Has anyone else had this? I still have a copy of the 1.50 code update on my pc, can I try updating backwards or would I need a whole image of 1.50 for that to work?

If it’s a coincidental timing with the code update and something else is causing it, what else should I try? Thanks

#8647 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

sounds strange. i would save my highscore on a usb stick and then try first new sd-card with a freshly installed 1.51 image.
Have you checked the mechanics and did a switch test with the flipper buttons? Coilstops?
i am not sure if you can use the update code to go back. The update code may not contain all files like a fresh sd-card does. If it is possible to go back via update code there may still be some 1.51 files left and it is not predictable what may happen.
If you need to go back i would recommend a 1.50 sd-card image. I have downgraded my machine some times. With a new sd-card image it will re-flash the nodeboards backwards and then load the code.
in whatever version i would change the sd-card, if you need an 1.50 please pm me.

Thanks for the reply. Flippers react normally in switch test and coilstops look fine, they don't get stuck in an up position, they either won't flip or if they were up they drop. I'll order a card reader today as I don't have one atm and flash a new sd card as the first step. I checked the trough connectors but I'll check everything in the backbox too in case I jiggled something doing the update

1 week later
#8718 2 years ago

I don't have an insider connected kit on my turtles yet, I've been thinking about getting one but the changes in 1.51 to NPP put me off a bit. Can someone with IC on 1.51 code confirm that if you start with a saved level 4 turtle you have to complete 3, level 4 trainings to get NPP? Maybe I'm mis-understanding the update notes and you only have to do it once?

I can understand making it a bit more difficult to start than in 1.50 where it was qualified when you start a game if you had a saved level 4 turtle but having to do level 4, 3 times is just never going to happen for 99% of people. Hopefully I have either mis-understood or we can get a change to NPP being qualified after completing level 4 training even if your turtle was saved at level 4.

#8721 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

In my understanding you have it right. In 1.51 code, if you have your Turtle saved at level 4 with IC, you have to complete level 4 training 3 times to see NPP. I thought having it available right at the start with 1.50 code was kind of a nice "gift" for all us guys that levelled up our Turtles to level 4, but that rug got pulled out from under me.

Yeah, I hope it's either changed back to 1.50 or it's at least changed to complete level 4 training once to qualify it, even if you started at level 4. Otherwise it's actually a disincentive for IC as you have to pick between being able to start at level 4 or having the possibility of NPP

#8726 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yeah, this is one of those things where I was like “surely they didn’t make it HARDER for insider connected users who spent all that time leveling up their turtles?”
Is it possible to roll back the code to 1.5? I love all the new callouts, but compared to never playing neutrino pizza party ever again? I mean, I don’t know anyone who could nail training lvl 4, 3 times in a row. The only way I could even get to lvl 4 was with insider saving my progress.

You can burn a different sd card with 1.50 code, I'm thinking about doing that and then getting IC. It's just a shame to miss out on some of the other improvements in 1.51 so I'd prefer they did a 1.52 patch to just change the NPP qualification

1 week later
#8780 1 year ago

Just had the TPMB crash. Not in a mode, 4 balls in play, 2 cradled on left flipper, 1 free balling and the fourth had just collected an April hurry up. I think I saw someone else say it happened on an April hurry up too so maybe that’s something in common. Sigh, always on a good game!

#8809 1 year ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Just picked up a Stern Insider kit for my TMNT pro and was wondering if Stern (or anyone else) has begun selling the apron stickers, as I'd rather buy a second set then remove them from the original apron and possibly mess them up.

They come off a lot easier than you might think, they’re really thick

#8822 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I just did team up and had rescue any perk. Is it normal that rescuing one takes you straight to pizza party and completes mode?

I don't know if it's intended but yes its normal. It's not really 'rescue any' as in still rescue all 3 in any order, it's just rescue 1

#8824 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I thought it used to be rescue all 3 in any order. Way too easy now. I never completed the mode before.

Not sure how it worked in previous code sorry

1 week later
#8866 1 year ago

Is anyone else not getting credit for A Team of Heroes? I've done it a couple of times now but no cheevo

#8868 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I made it to final battle.......................on coop mode lol. Still a lot of fun.
When I got to final battle, there was no sound. I haven't done latest code update, so I'm guessing that's why. I'm hesitant to change code due to crash stories I'm hearing. Plus, I don't have IC, so not sure if I need it. Does new code have sound issues in final battle?

Yeah you need the latest code for final battle audio

1 week later
#8959 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I've been getting back into pinball podcasts again and I just listened to a couple on Dwight Sullivan:
This one is more of a history of his career and games. It really emphasizes his love of 'moments' in pinball (I think there's a ton in tmnt; my favorites are completing weapon and training, anyways...). But also talks about his games known for having bugs which they seem to connect to his complicated codes (hmh, :/ )
https://thepinballnetwork555350716.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/silverball-chronicles-ep-11-dwight-sullivan-the-creation-of-complexity/
...oh, they also talk about how a lot of his games have hidden things and flipper codes. Sounds like he was one of the first to start doing this. I haven't come across any in tmnt, has anyone else? Seems like a perfect game for some clever Easter eggs.
This one is an interview with him right after TMNT came out (I'm sure it's been posted here before on one of the 180 pages). But it's a good one and has lots of into on how the code came together and potential for future fixes:
Listen to Ep 37: Talkin' Turtles with Dwight Sullivan by LoserKid Pinball Podcast on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/1rcQJ
...some really good stuff on what tough choices he had to make including relegating Casey Jones to a team up member. Earlier it sounds like they wanted to have him as a secondary character like splinter and April. Including having his own target.
Anyways, just wanted to share because appreciating Dwight's coding has increased my love for this game. The code is really underrated and I think a lot of players get hung up on criticizing the gameplay and completely miss that the code is so well thematically integrated into the game.

4l 1r 5l 1r 1l 2r

1 month later
#9172 1 year ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Well, I have now completed the Team of Heroes achievement twice without it actually popping. Is this one a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Completed 4 episodes, one in each turtles ending shot.

I’ve done this several times too and never got the achievement

2 weeks later
#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

What's the email address to send stern a message about a code glitch?
Typically I just chime in here when I get an error that's widely known about (i.e TPMB error). However, I've twice in two days encountered an error that I haven't seen reported here.
When using home team to log myself in, and then moving myself to position 4, then using home team to select "game mode", and then selecting cooperative mode the game will then freeze. Happened once last night. And again today. Anyone else experience this?
(Yes, I'm an average player, and using coop mode to help get to final battle.)

call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected]

1 week later
#9248 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

For sure. It’s like Dwight asked after being puzzled why its not a top 10 game with such great deep code. He put so much effort into TMNT for us and Scandal’s mod makes it all that much better. Sure hope Scandal does more. April mod is really so much better!

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Turtles but I definitely wouldn’t call the code deep. In fact one of the reasons I like it is for its simple code. If I’m too tired or not in the mood for JP or GZ level code and just want a bit of fun I play turtles.

The comparatively low scoring and balance doesn’t really bother me as I’m usually playing for final battle by myself.

I would like NPP to be more attainable, I’ve seen cowabunga more times than npp! I think having that as an extra, not too hard to get to mini wizard mode would really up the fun and satisfaction of playing the game.

As it stands there’s really only team up mb and final battle as rewards for progressing. Compare that with another simple code game like Deadpool which has Sauron, megakrakolodonus rex, clone and final wizard mode and you can see turtles is really lacking in obtainable, rewarding modes.

Hear my plea for NPP to be easier to get to!

1 week later
#9302 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has anyone had any of these achievements work for them? I havent had a qr reader hooked up in a while and I wanna try and get any achievements I actually can.
[quoted image]

Shredder stopper and well done are achievable, I have those. Last time I did it ‘a team of heroes’ was still broken. Not sure on the other ones, I either haven’t done them or they are still broken

#9303 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has anyone had any of these achievements work for them? I havent had a qr reader hooked up in a while and I wanna try and get any achievements I actually can.
[quoted image]

Team April must have been fixed as I have that too

1 week later
#9360 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like Training could have been what made the game great from a code perspective. There is so much potential in the turtle perks and the scoring boosts, though the perks could use some balance/re-working. But it would be nice if the modes themselves had some value, not a ton or anything but something similar to episodes feels appropriate, carrying progress over between attempts would also be a nice option. Also, when persistent perks is enabled, the Training Modes should still start have the default progression rather than always playing the 3rd and most difficult one.
I think it would also be an improvement to remove NPP entirely from the Training modes and enable it elsewhere. One option would be to light it by completing some number (maybe 4 out of 7) of the Cowabunga criteria, like a "half-way" to Cowabunga mode. That would be doable, but not a gimme and then it would give more reason to actually focus on collecting 123 Foot, WHU or Max Krang Kombo, but then even if you were just playing and having a solid game, you're likely gonna find yourself close to lighting it.

NPP at 4 out of 7 Cowabunga achievements would be awesome, really make you concentrate on some of those things in the game you basically ignore, making it seem deeper. Also not having it on a timer to start would be great.

1 week later
#9466 1 year ago

yep new code, NPP my favourite change! Thanks Dwight!

PRO V1.53 - SEPTEMBER 12, 2022
==============================
**** FIXED ****
- Fixed the Achievement "A Team of Heroes". It will now give the achievement
after completing 4 episodes using all four shots.
- Fixed the Achievement "Team April". It will now award correctly if you
complete an April Hurry-Up during the Team-Up wizard mode.
- Fixed The Cooperative Achievement "Team Work Silver". In a three or four
player cooperative game, if a player completes the 3rd consecutive Weapon
Hurry-Up they will now collect this achievement correctly.

**** TWEAKED ****
- Changed how many times you need to train to enable Neutrino Pizza Party from
three to one.
- Doubled all the scores from Episodes.
- Reduced how fast Ninja Pizza Frenzy growes per switch and reduced the cap
from 10K to 8K per switch.

**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.22 ****
Corrected potential game reset issue.

2 weeks later
#9629 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone can help. My flipper was starting to get stuck up, first I swapped the coil stop and sleeve and re-gapped the flipper to the playfield, which didn’t help.

Next I narrowed it down to definitely a mechanical issue by powering down the machine with it stuck up and it stayed like that.

Unsure on what to do next I ordered a new plunger/ crank assembly 265-5035-00 and return spring. However when I fit the new parts the plunger seems a bit too slim, it’s not a snug fit inside the sleeve. As a result the flipper feels really lightweight and wobbles a bit when returned to resting or when dead bouncing.

Does anyone know if I can get a plunger the same size as factory as the number in the manual is too thin. On the plus side it doesn’t stick anymore but it feels horrible to play.

#9633 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Have you checked the flippee bushing? Ive seen those break a fair bit. Does the flipper bat have a lot of play to it? More than the other one perhaps?

Bushing is fine. I’m sure it’s the plunger thickness, it can move slightly side to side in the coil sleeve. I’m just not sure why as I ordered the right part

#9700 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thinking about selling my acdc premium and going with a tmnt premium or Jurassic park premium. Any thoughts on either, and also thoughts on tmnt pro vs prem?

I have a JP prem and TMNT pro. Personally I think JP is by far the superior game. However, I do love TMNT and would say it depends on your preferences and whether you like to have variety and balance in your collection. JP has far more to do, the code is just much deeper but TMNT is pure fun.

I think TMNT is one of those games where the prem isnt really worth the extra $

2 weeks later
#9870 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

The lair shots are driving me nuts lately. I changed back to standard black (pinball life) and originally thought it made it easier than silicone but now I'm second guessing my opinion. I might try something else later. I want to try some titans low bounce but they weren't at expo and (as I'm sure you know) it's expensive to get them sent to Canada.
It's not even hitting it that bugs me that much, it's the rejects when you do. Both popping back out or getting stuck under the flipper. Which is great fun to knock in if you have a 2nd ball, but just disappointing in one ball play. But I keep telling myself that it'll make me a better player...which it probably will.
And yes! Let's hope that 'rescue any' big gets fixed. I'm pretty convinced that Corey can do it though as he said he originally programmed it and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already fixed but they're just waiting for a larger package of fixes and tweaks. I think they were just excited to get that tpmb fix out to us since otherwise Stern likes to do bulk updates it seems.

I can only consistently backhand the lair shot. From the right flipper I can get the accuracy but it always bounces out. I heard once of someone removing something to stop that bouncing out but I can’t remember what part near the lair it was, does anyone else know?

In terms of rules for TMNT, I recently got a DP and AIQ, the ability to easily select your quest/mode on those games gives you so many more ways to play the game and I think it’s more fun being more in control of your game path.

Id love if the select mode on TMNT was changed to being able to select it with flippers while the ball is locked.

#9884 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Do you mean a strait backhand? Or a rolling backhand? I use to have more luck with a rolling backhand but it's been harder lately too. It's easier with a slow roll, but that's hard to create from a cradle.
I've thought about a felt piece or something but I hate physically changing the game. It took me ages to de-borg.
I'm fine with tmnt having to select from the ramp targets. Not that dp and aiq aren't fun, (I even think dp is a better game than tmnt :0 ), it's just on tmnt there's already a different way and already has more play stoppage elsewhere.
It's fun to dream about different code--I'm guess there's not any rule changes left though, and definitely nothing that would complicate the code and possibly create other bugs. Maybe some more score balancing left. And if anything is actually 'broken' it's the training perks thanks to the IC.
...and also, reguarding the epp choosing, tmnt has to leave some fun for other games.
Thanks for the reply on the lair shot. You've inspired me to attempt other ways to hit it. I usually do a rolling backhand but now I'm wondering if I can do a sharp backhand and bounce it off the back of the upper flipper.
Edit:
Nope, no luck on the quick strait forward backhand. Not even with dropping the upper flipper when it hits it. I'm sure I've tried this before, it's just been so long that I forgot.

I don’t know what the correct term is but I mean from a trap on the left, quick, micro flip and continue to hold the flipper up to get the ball to roll up a bit and then backhand it

1 week later
#9928 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yesterday I had Michelangelo get Donatello's TPMB perk. At the start of the game the TPMB insert was flashing and one shot to the ramp started TPMB multiball. My friend and I had previously played final battle and then started a 2 player game where I went first.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Rob

Was it right at the start of the game before plunge or is it possible you got it from the pops as an award and didnt notice?

#9943 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have an LE so the ball is barely in the pops. It was right at the start of the game and I don't think there is any pop award that qualifies TPMB.
I will play around with it some more to see if I can do it again.
Rob

There is definitely a pop award to qualify TPMB

#9946 1 year ago

If you’ve qualified your 3rd (or any) episode and only locked 2 balls then the 3rd lock shot will start both the episode and the mb with 1 shot

1 month later
#10138 1 year ago

I love my TMNT, one change I'd like is making teamup easier. Maybe the rescue shot doesn't time out at all. The amount of times I've got to Leo rescue shot and it's just timed out because it's the hardest shot is frustrating and not in a fun way! The only time I complete Teamup is when I have the rescue any perk

#10144 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Added this today. Love my new shooter rod.
[quoted image]

bicyclenut where did you get this awesome rod and plate? Thanks!

Edit: NVM found it. Tilt Graphics for anyone else that wants to know

3 weeks later
#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

Pizza disc sometimes sounds rough when spinning. Needs oil? And any specific type?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/122#post-6145087

3 in 1 oil should be good

#10275 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

You know what they never did send me a response when I reached out to bug report. Sent it about 3 weeks ago.

I’ve never had a response from reporting bugs via email. Not even an auto-response acknowledgment

#10309 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok than
and for what i'm listening around me, yes, the reason seems to be : the pin is (really) too hard for lambda players
at first, you may think its a family pinball, but than, when you play it, it may quickly become frustrating
as an example : yesterday, ball 1 : ball to the upper lanes, miss & rebound to fall in the center ramp, to the the left lair target, straight down to the left sling upper rubber, and than more than often its perfect left to the left outlane, or even frustrating, a perfect right long drive to the right outlane ! got a "ball save", same, than even another ball save !!! and same...
[quoted image]
that "sequence" also happends when ball goes in the upper lanes, some bumpers, and than fall to/in the center ramp...
i know i can nudge, but even that, its not always enough
this pin remind me TWD for how easy/often/quickly its eating balls, but due to the layout & the fact you're playing on the volley to make the combos shoots, its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than TWD !
in conclusion, while you're looking for some challenge, Turtle is for you (because when you're in a "good" game, its full of adrenaline)

I find nudging when it hits the lair target most effective with those feeds, should always be enough if you time it right, you want to stop it even getting to the sling

2 months later
#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from DBHashman93:

Hey all, have a potential issue I’d like your thoughts on - mainly if there’s something simple I’ve overlooked vs. time to contact my distributor for help.
Shortly after buying the game, I noticed the white light in the return leading to the right flipper was intermittently going out. Flipping would make it flicker, sometimes turn off when it was on, or vice versa. I noticed that the bulb was loose and that I could push it a bit to get it to stay on.
Since then the problem with lights in that area has gotten worse. The white light stopped staying on with pressure and the red light began intermittently flickering and going out. This morning I noticed that the red light under the right sling is now intermittent as well.
I did try tracing power from these lights to the node boards and reseating connections. This did not help. Any other thoughts? Guess I’m mostly worried that the problem seems to be spreading…I’ve included a picture to show the difference in lighting from left return to right return. The white light is out and the red is very dim. First table and first real issue so any help is greatly appreciated!
[quoted image]

I’ve found the sockets stern uses around the slings and return lanes get a bit loose after some plays and causes flickering. I just give them a little squeeze (with power off!) to be tighter around the bulbs, if that’s the problem that should fix it

4 months later
#11143 8 months ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

I've been putting a lot of time on my Turtles recently and the thing that is bugging me is how the EB have very little adjustability. I have my EBs set to starting 3 episodes (2 is too easy) and get 47 slices (so if you complete the pizza eating contest you'll get an extra ball much like a video mode on a 90s game.) I have the EB percentage turned down to 1% because I hate getting random extra balls in games - I much prefer skill based EBs. Is there any way to adjust it so that after getting the first 2 EBs, I can get another one without having to play through all the modes again? I'm finding it very difficult to make it to Final Battle/Cowabunga with just the 2 EBs. Would be nice if there was another way to get an extra ball that's skill based

Set replay to EB?

1 month later
#11199 6 months ago

Can anyone recommend a game like TMNT? I really enjoy it as a more simple game in my collection, I mostly just go for Final Battle and ignore score and Cowabunga unless I happen to get close to it.

What I like
- starting a mode is the same 3 shots every time so you can really learn to dial them in
- ball is captured on mode start so you can actually watch the animations
- audio you can quote on mode start
- mode completion isn't necessary to get to wizard mode
- only the modes are needed for wizard mode, no sjps in mbs, side modes etc
- epic wizard mode with stages and not just shoot shots till you light sjp
- music
- art
- fun atmosphere it creates (hard to quantify I know)

I also enjoy more complex games but have plenty of those already. Thanks!

#11202 6 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

Munsters? well it's even little more less complex than tmnt.
you have six modes to start wizard mode, each mode has it's shot's that need to be make, very simple to learn.
if Wizard mode is completed you start again.
from your description i would go for pro version without the lower playfield.
both tmnt und munsters have a very good theme and theme integration into game is so good.

Thanks, I dismissed Munster as being too easy previously but that’s kind of what I’m looking for now I guess! I’ve played a premium before and found the lower playfield to be a bit of a gimmick so you’re right the pro is probably the way to go for me.

#11203 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

EHoH checks a lot of your boxes.

My only problem with Elvira is the final wizard mode is 1 shot. Doesn’t feel very rewarding, but maybe gappa makes up for it?

#11206 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Have you been to the final wizard mode? I played the game hundreds of times and only made it to the final wizard mode once. And yes, I missed the shot and drained.

Not yet as I’ve only played on location but I’ve got to wizard mode on all the games I’ve had at home so imagine it would happen if I had Elvira here. It’s just whether the rest of the game makes up for the wizard mode. One of the things I didn’t like about AIQ was that if you had a brilliant game, collected and kept all the gems the final wizard mode auto completed. I wanted to play it!

I find it quite hard to get a good idea if I’ll like a game by playing it on location only. Turtles is one of my favorite games but apart from appreciating how it looked I didn’t like it that much on location before I bought it.

#11209 6 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure if this a joke !?
as if you're going to WM on TMNT you're already more than a good player...

Sometimes I just like a simpler game, I've got Elwin games for depth. Sometimes I just need to flip around and have some less serious fun! TMNT is great for that imo

1 month later
#11303 5 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I really wish my TMNT pin would have this progressive leveling system. I think it would change the game magnificently.
It’s a very tough game, but I think if the turtle levels went higher and required less shots for the modes, based on their levels, like it does in venom, it would make the game a lot more approachable.

I’m not sure less shots for every mode would be good, as far as a mode based game I think the number of shots needed per mode is good and on the lower side.

Maybe the April ball save could light both outlanes instead of one, still with the option to switch its side with the flippers when you’ve used one. If you haven’t turned that option on over it switching with the slings I highly recommend it.

If people wanted extra levelling, they could give perk options like the mando shop? A ball save or a boom button, a double team which halves the number of shots for just 1 episode etc. Boom button to spot a shot would be nice, pizza eating is fun but the action button isn’t used other than that is it?

I think the fact the ball is trapped on mode start could allow you to select your mode. I think that would make the game easier. People could more easily select the modes they like or find easier. I know when I get the Slash mode without a mb ready I groan.

Teamup mini wiz mode needs to not have a time limit when trying to get the rescue shot imo.

Also if they ever do another code update I wish the battle again light would show when team up and final battle is lit!

Given that the game is archived now it’s unlikely to get any improvements. The scoring really doesn’t bother me but I could see some of the above really improving the game for some people.

4 weeks later
#11511 4 months ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

you already can change your episodes ...
● EPISODES - There are 8 episodes. Shoot the left and right ramp to light Start Episode.
The playfield 2X target will randomly change the episode while between episodes.
○ Two of the episodes, which are a bit harder and score a bit more, need to be
unlocked.
○ Each episode has two endings: a success and a fail.

I think they are saying they would like to be able to choose the mode, which is different to being able to randomly change it

#11528 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Thanks cabal and bwalter for the feedback!
Cabal, I did take a slow motion video and it looks like the auto plunger is hitting evenly. I'm also less inclined to think it's a "contact" issue since after opening the machine and (whether this next part was the issue or not) degaussed the balls it seems to auto fire consistently... for at least 50 plunges from last night. If it wasn't making contact right I can't imagine it would magically fix itself for so many in a row without fiddling with it.
Bwalter, yeah you may be right. being my first (and only) machine it's been getting quite a bit of play so that may be leading to this issue faster than "normal". Next time this issue creeps up (probably next week at this rate) I'll try putting them all on a flat surface as you mentioned and see if I can get them to attract to each other.
Still wouldn't mind if someone could chime in on the carbon balls and how they play on this machine. Is it like stated that they might not magnetize to the pizza spinner multiball as well (or at all)? Definitely wouldn't want that. But if it still plays relatively the same but keeps me from having to degauss them every 50 games that would also be nice.

The carbon balls will still stick to the magnet and each other when it’s activated

1 week later
#11629 4 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

What about the Krang Loop. Does a higher angle slow that down?
I think I'm at 6.5 and that seems like lightspeed sometimes.

Just my experience. Krang loop is easier at lower pitch. Outlane drains are much less at higher pitch. I can backhand the ramps both at 7.0 and 6.5.

For anyone that doesn't know, you can make the outlane save to be changeable by flippers in the menu, that's a big help.

Whether higher or lower pitch is easier just depends on what you prefer. Lower pitch won't play as fast, so some think that makes it easier. Flipper control is easier at a higher pitch and outlane drains are less.

#11631 4 months ago
Quoted from System-J:

At 7 degrees you can still backhand? Do you have your flipper power turned up? If so, do you know what they're set to?
I've kept mine at 6.5 because if I can't backhand both ramps it makes me want to tip this game over and set it on fire.
I am currently trying to convince my friend who's an operator to lower a tmnt on location to 6.5. I got him to go from like 7+ down to 6.8ish but the flippers get weak and you can't backhand consistently.
I'm interested in other changes that the pitch makes on the game too. I suspect that people who have thier games at 6.8+ also have more sdtm from the pizza spinner. I know from a video that Sullivan tried to program the game so that the pizza spinner is more likely to save a sdtm than send it down. I also suspect that the testing was done on a game at 6.5 degrees. (...which, if that's the case, curse them for knowing how brutal the borg-ing and sling to outlanes are). But I've got mine at 6.5 and don't find the pizza spinner gives me sdtm's-- but I've noticed my friends on location at 6.8+ has more of them, and even he complains about it.
How's everyone else's? Has anyone else played with the pitch and found any other benefits or drawbacks?

Flipper power is default, I have flipper fans though.

2 months later
#11893 65 days ago

The lower than other sterns scoring doesn't bother me. I can see that the scoring balance might bother people, the mbs are worth a lot more than anything else, I usually just play to try and get to Final Battle though.

If they were to update anything in code, I'd like to be able to see which side my battle again is lit when team up and final battle are ready.

1 month later
#11957 31 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is it a bug that the theme music doesn’t always play at the start of Turtle power mb or sometimes it starts but suddenly stops for no reason? Wish it would play through the whole multi ball

I don't remember having that issue, might be your sd card?

#11959 31 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It’s like the music starts, but then you hit shots that over rule the music and you’re in a mode or something different. Yours plays the music throughout the multiball no matter what?

I think so, I’ve never noticed it stopping. I’ll pay more attention next time I play and report back if no one else has said anything by then

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=noskills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.