(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5404 3 years ago

Hey folks,

I'm looking to join the club and will be taking a look at a very nice looking pro. Any specific areas I should look for on the playfield? It seem there was some issues on the first batches? Also, are there any other titles you guys can compare to this in the $4500-6k range? I was also considering a Star Trek Pro or JP Pro.

Thanks.

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Look at the print quality of playfield. If it looks like they were running out of ink its considered a bad one. On comparing i had a Star Trek premium sitting side by side and i felt the layouts were so similar except upper ramp, lair, and flipper were flipped to opposite sides and TMNT crushed ST in fun, speed, and adrenaline making Star Trek feel old. JP pro is a different kind of table then TMNT, id love to own a JP Premium soon.

Cool, thanks for that input. Here is the said machine that I'm going to look at. I think it looks ok??

TMNT (resized).jpegTMNT (resized).jpeg
#5408 3 years ago

The seller is offering it to me at $5100. I may be able to knock an extra 50 off that, but that's about it. As you can see it has the art blades and it has the Katana rod too. Yea, if it checks out I think I'll go for it. Worst case I could always move it down the road.

#5412 3 years ago

Here is another pic of it showing the shooter rod mod.

TMNT2 (resized).jpegTMNT2 (resized).jpeg
#5428 3 years ago

Well guys, I went for it and joined the club. I brought it home this morning. I sourced the Neca shredder, Krang, and Mikey for $50 bucks, so I'll be adding those to the playfield.

TMNT3 (resized).jpgTMNT3 (resized).jpgTMNT4 (resized).jpgTMNT4 (resized).jpg
#5430 3 years ago

We've even got them lined up on the same sides!

#5433 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Has anyone had a "upper ball lock malfunction" error? My game did this twice. It would go into ball search mode and I could see the actuator going up and down, but the balls wouldn't move. Could the ball have gotten stuck somehow? I cycled the power and it seems to be ok after a few games. Any ideas? I'm sure it will happen again.

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Like this? (Fast forward to 10:15)

Exactly like that. So it looks like it's a code thing. I'm still on the original code, hopefully updating to the newest code will prevent this.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Would still check magnetism. I had that issue, problem was magnetism.

Tom...what do you mean by magnetism? How do you check and repair it? Sorry...I have a couple of dmd williams games, but this is my first stern. Not sure how to get into the diagnostics.

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

those filters look great, i will be installing mine tonight, along with few other mods
literally had to wait for wife to go away for few days, as she has been hooked since Pin arrived lol
norcalpin i just started having same issue after just a week (although missus been hammering it)
balls were magnetized, changed them and now seems to be ok
have also had no magnetism from pizza disc during pizza multi ball
anyone else get this?
seems random, but sometimes the balls just fall, instead of sticking to the pizza
happened 3 times now
hopefully got a cheap servo replacement coming today, while i wait for what looks like a better quality one
sadly, suitable Hitec servo's were out of stock from available sellers,
just curious is Hitec the standard when it comes to servos ?

Yep, I'll take a look at the magnetism. A couple of the other fellows mentioned that. Interestingly enough, I've been hammering this thing all day and it seemed to act up after my 15th game or so. The previous owner only put 300 plays on it since new, so I'm probably working out the kinks. I also got that random "non magnetic" pizza during pizza multiball. What code are you on?

#5458 3 years ago

So what's a respectable score for TMNT?

#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

100 million. I've gotten that a few times on mine. It's comparable to a 2 billion score in DP.

Crap...long way to go from my 11 million.

#5538 3 years ago

Do you guys have a general strategy to get through the game/score high? I got my game a week ago and it seems my highest scores (20-25 million) come when I get the pizza multi-ball. The couple episodes I've done don't seem to add more than a couple million.

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I will definitely make more if there's interest! Edit: My ambitious goal is an interactive topper that uses sound pattern recognition to light up the zeppelin to match the current mode. I have a proof of concept in the works with a Raspberry Pi and Neopixel Ring. My topper is farther along than my actual pinball machine!

Interested in this as well!

#5591 3 years ago

Hot damn guys....just about everyone and their grandma is selling their TMNT lol. I was able to play at a local pin parlor yesterday and had the chance to play at least 8 tables. I must say TMNT stacked up really well against the competition. I keep reading that the "wives" don't like it, lol I guess our ladies just can't relate to cowabunga.

2 weeks later
#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

TMNT is #2 on Pinside Top 100 today (where it should be!)

Too good and pretty of a game to not have been in the top 10 for a while.

#5816 3 years ago

How does one re-light pizza multiball?

4 months later
#6910 2 years ago

Hey folks,

My TMNT has right around 400 plays. I was wondering when you all suggest a first wax is done. I wax my older Williams games every 6 weeks or so, but this is my first stern and not even sure if you guys wax these playfields or not.

Cheers

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Depends what type of wax you use.

Meguiar's Carnauba Gold

#6914 2 years ago

Well I waxed it, but now I have to lower the pitch from 6.5 to no more than 6 LOL! It plays stupid fast!!

#6929 2 years ago

What pitch do you guys find works well? I use a digital inclinometer and have it set for 6.5 all across the playing field, even though the bubble level from factory is supposedly at max. I love a fast game, don't get me wrong, but damn this game is a bit too fast at times. Just curious what pitch you guys are using. Maybe I've been torturing myself at 6.5...

Tmnt pitch (resized).jpgTmnt pitch (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7130 2 years ago

Hey Guys,

I'm curious as to what power setting you have your flippers at? I recently waxed my game and it was too damn fast. It dawned on me that you could turn the power down and set mine to 217. Any other sweet spots for you guys?

1 month later
#7360 2 years ago

Is there a mode in the game that causes the sling shots to pop without being hit? Just random activation. If not, has anyone had this issue before? Eventually they stopped which makes me think it was mode activated?

#7363 2 years ago

Got it...I'll take a look at both switches. One more question for you guys who've had this game for some time and "dialed" it in. How if at all do you make this table more "playable"? Lol, maybe I just need to improve my skills, but I don't think I'm terrible. 1 billion on BSD, 1.5 billion on Ghostbusters, 200 million on T2, and overall pleasant experiences on other tables I play on locations. However, TMNT is just nasty. How do you guys have yours set up? Pitch, sling power, flipper power, tips and tricks?

Cheers!

1 month later
#7566 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I'm curious for those of you having more luck getting close to final battle what settings you've changed on your prem/LE? I've tried this game everywhere from 6.5 to 6.8 and left to right center and my GC score is still only about 40 Million and I think I have started team up multiball maybe once on a single player game. The only adjustments I've made are enable ball save on lair shot which made a big difference. I've read about adjust sling and flipper power but before I start going down that route I'm trying to determine if my skill is just lacking or if my game just isn't dialed in.
TMNT Premium was my first pin and I since had (and sold) a Mando premium and have Godzilla LE on the way. Mando was much kinder to me with average scores over 500 million after a few weeks of play and I do well at our local tournaments so I hope the answer is that I'm not just terrible. I keep questioning if I'm watering down the intended difficulty when I start dialing down flipper power or slings as I want to play the game the way it was intended.

This game is fairly difficult, not much to do about it. On the bright side, if you master this table you should be able to kick ass on just about anything else you play. I've been stuck in the 15-25 million range which is pretty lame, but that's just my skill level. It's not the flipper power, incline, wax, rubbers, etc. I simply can't make the critical shots when I need to. I Just have to get better...

#7612 2 years ago

I've been playing this game almost exclusively for the last 2 weeks and I'm starting to finally get it! Getting the timing right on the shots has been key. I'm able to progress through 3-5 episodes now, before I couldn't even complete one lol.

1 month later
#7874 2 years ago

Crap...I hadn't browsed the "Top 100" in a while and at the rate TMNT is moving we'll be lucky if it's in the top 100 by end of 2022, LOL! I must admit I was frustrated with it myself, but come to find out I hadn't played the darn thing long enough. Once I dialed in my left and right ramp shots it was a different story. You have to be a decent pinball player to progress through this table, not all of us are unfortunately and that probably turns people away....oh well.

#7877 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

It definitely is an aquired taste. I was going nuts about getting my upper left flipper shots right but finally got the feel for it (you have to be very fast and almost hit the ball too early). Now I love the game. It's just so much fast action. Also I have zero problems with the pizza disc sending the ball SDTM (seems a lot of people get that).

The pizza disc may send 1 ball stdm, but at that point you have the autosave going. Thats a good thing because you get those extra seconds to manage shots with the 2 balls while the third makes its way down. Could be a good time to send the first 2 up the playfield while you prepare to send the incoming ball through the center ramp. The pizza disc sending all 3 balls stdm may be physically impossible. Anywho...you are definitely right about the acquired taste.

1 month later
#8209 2 years ago

Hey folks! Does anyone have a problem starting the half shell challenge? I can see the turtles I’ve completed, but when I try and start the challenge it goes into a regular game.

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

are all turtles in color when you try?
how do you start the mode with start button or the button on apron?

The last time I tried it, all but one turtle was were in color. I start it with the apron button.

#8216 2 years ago

Got it, so it is a menu setting that needs to be adjusted. I'll look into it, thanks all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.