(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninja2bceen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7244 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've recently been commissioned by a TMNT topper owner who asked if I could create a replacement Technodrome that actually illuminated for the topper. After a week or so of design and test printing I was able to design the attached which closely replicates the OEM model, but it actually illuminates.
What you see is the final version of the model, but I've not yet shipped to the buyer who will actually install it by soldering the wires to one of the existing SMD light boards used in the topper. He is going to figure out which topper LED makes the most sense to tie into, then provide photos/video of the installed mod.
The reason I'm posting today is to engage interest from other TMNT topper owners. My plan is to do a single run of these in bulk once we have it installed and tested. After the first run, I might be willing to do an additional run down the road, but my hope would be to capture everyone who wants one in the initial round.
Pricing for the mod including the integrated lighting and wire (you will have to solder onto an existing LED board - I will provide recommendations for which one and instructions for doing so) will be $75 shipped within US and will ship outside of the US on a per quote basis.
Please PM me if you are interested in being placed on the pre-order list. At this time no money is required, and I'm probably at least 3-4 weeks from the point where I'll be ready to produce them. When the time comes, I'll provide a final deadline and will contact each person on the list to provide payment. Payment will be in advance at the time I determine I'm ready to close orders via PayPal friends and family (or I can invoice but will add fees).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] no[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool, got pics of it lighting up? Mr_Tantrum

4 months later
#8138 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount
That seller also has different ones if you own the volume nob/headphone jack by stern and pinball life. Has me super pumped that I don't lose out on those too.

Will connect work with 1987 code mod

1 year later
#10481 1 year ago

Modified instruction cards! It’s everything that I wanted modified in a previously made set. Added things, removed things and pimped it out a bit. If interested in a set, please pm me

The picts are low res below of course

08E466BB-7816-4641-A41F-251403C2969F (resized).jpeg08E466BB-7816-4641-A41F-251403C2969F (resized).jpeg

#10490 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Not cool Justin. Donating the min., stealling my hard work, doing some superficial art changes, not saying anything back to me , then selling it. This is why I was reluctant to share them in the first place.
This guy (Ninja2bseen) begged me for my original files too and said repeatedly that it was just for him. Please lmk anywhere else this guy is trying to sell these.
...and it's not even done yet, so if anyone buys from Justin, they'll be getting a draft copy. Anyone (except Justin) who donated to me will get a high res copy of the new cards when I update them.
And to remind people there's a free med. Res copy here in the message board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/189#post-7144677
Free versions:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Free to print and use. ...I just ask you don't sell them. ...I can't believe I have to say that.
Anyways, if you like and want the high res ver. please msg me and buy me a beer (that i frequent often since they have an awesome lineup ( Cabin Fever). (Please mention if you're Canadian, because etransfer is cheaper than paypal).
I put a lot of work into these cards, and I'm still working on them. Next I'm planning on an updated ver (the rules have changed since this one) an advanced version and a prem/le ver.
I'm not printing them out yet and selling them outright because they have copywrited material. Especially zombie yettis awesome work. The "beer" is for my weeks ...months with the new updates... of work and thought into the instructions, layout, and tutorial info. I love this game and wanted this for myself. People asked to share and this is the best I came up with in this gray area. I might do a version with my own custom art replacing ZY's to print and sell. Until then the high res file I send out has instructions how to print it out.
The free versions are meant to have the green border cut off. They are just green so it hides if you don't cut straight. ...but do whatever you like of course.

Whoa this came out of left field. Sorry for posting. I felt like I heavily modified the high res that I paid for. I can provide a change log if that would help. The right side was virtually redone. No I’m not selling these anywhere. I was proud of the modifications that I made, yes the system j card were used as inspiration. This is a limited run for this week only, no plans otherwise to do anything with them. It’s not like I donated, then did nothing with them and asked for a donation for the same cards? I was clear in my post that I used another card for inspiration. Spent 10 hrs of work modding them. I’m sorry If this made anyone upset. If anyone donated to the cards I heavily modified I have no problem giving it back but if you still want the ones I heavily modified I still plan to cut them and deliver this week. There are no long term plans otherwise. Hope you can forgive — no one is striving riches here over instruction cards just to be clear. I have no problem returning donations, just ask.

#10493 1 year ago

ok we need to calm down. This is the last time I’m going to post about this drama. Hopefully this clears the air.

Facts, pinball is a niche group. We might as well be family. No one is going to make a fortune off any of this stuff, well maybe if you 3d print Godzilla pinball mods lol. But instruction cards, especially what after printing these on gloss photo paper, cutting and shipping for a donation? If anyone thinks anyone is going to be making nearly anything on instruction cards, you are mistaken. Yes I used inspiration from system j. The low res cards are posted on pinside and this group freely. If you donate 5 or more he (you) will supply them with a word doc that is high res. If you print those they will not fit your pinball at least my le they didn’t. I noticed misspellings (use of their), wanted to rearrange things, add extra flare and streamline things as a whole since it’s going in nearly a 10 k machine after all. After receiving the file I spent a weekend making edits which are below and by memory. The game instructions do not change here as one may guess. There are definitely inspirations here but again the instructions do not change. System j did a fantastic job laying out the instructions of the game and the font is in basic font. The green and red and yellow text as well as the turtle heads you can find in official instruction pdfs. The only thing you can’t find on the net are the toppings which he took screenshots of the backglass I feel like. This was the primary reason for my donation. Anyway here is the change log, though some may be settle differences overall it streamlined things awesome to me. Appreciate the work system j, I truly mean that. It’s got me to where I needed these cards needed to be for my machine. I don’t have plans on selling them in bulk, I have a day job, I just thought they were awesome and it was 10 hrs of work to make adjustments. I have zero expectations for donations, there are interests but at the end of the day won’t get more then a drink or food out of it. Consider the time and shipping these out it’s not exactly glorious work for 5 bucks. Please set the expectation low that both you and I must keep our day jobs here, no reason to get this upset about things especially if you tout it’s just for beer money. If you copy any of my ideas that I added to this, I consider it flattery. Copy away I don’t care! Im only sharing what I consider awesome and you were a big part of that step fwd. this is a niche thing, figured I’d share as well, we all have a passion for turtles. Let’s leave the toxicity out of this please. Hopefully you can see the differences! I still plan to cut and ship these to whomever that wants them. If there aren’t enough differences here, just pick up the system j ones! I don’t care lol I’m sharing what I’ve landed on after edits. If you like em, pm if you want system j, pm him. If you think all this is drama , laugh a little. We aren’t changing the world here. Feel free to donate to system j as well as he was the source of inspiration. Let’s be real, entirely real, few bucks for the art time, let’s have a good week everyone

Change log

Pizza menu side
Rescaled the card so it would fit the machine

Removed redundant chart visual

Shrunk the X icons and replaced and repurposed them

Reordered the toppings so they are grouped by type

Streamlined text wherever possible, shortened

Virtually half of the card got repurposed, chopped, edited so a pimped out background could be added

Added pimped out background and cut it so that there is a 3d effect

Removed border and replaced it with a new one

Removed all logos

Turtles card
Replaced all the turtle heads, they were overlapping text, names were cut off, the cuts were not clean

Added wm lvl to each turtle and icon

Centered turtles and text

Rebordered the turtles

Removed all misc logos

Streamlined text wherever possible

Added gameplay text and bordered it

70AB1177-37ED-4B28-8D12-5D73D1E9E501 (resized).jpeg70AB1177-37ED-4B28-8D12-5D73D1E9E501 (resized).jpeg7578C8D9-4590-4D68-A34A-1124AE264B3E (resized).jpeg7578C8D9-4590-4D68-A34A-1124AE264B3E (resized).jpegFAD26BC7-72FC-407C-BD47-A651986AEEFD (resized).jpegFAD26BC7-72FC-407C-BD47-A651986AEEFD (resized).jpeg
#10500 1 year ago
Quoted from Mravic:

All that work for your LE and you still didn't add Mushrooms topping, smh

You’re right! I’m totally going to add this, thanks

MUSHROOMS - Lair is a time lock

#10501 1 year ago
Quoted from Mravic:

All that work for your LE and you still didn't add Mushrooms topping, smh

I guess I never noticed mushrooms! They look so similar to marshmallows. Great call out and I have added that! Very much appreciated, can’t wait to replace the other card with this newer version on my le

I may flip the octopus and mushroom location for the le

Low res photo posted below

*inspiration from original system j instruction card

37E0689B-039D-4F6E-8DC9-08BF3798FE38 (resized).jpeg37E0689B-039D-4F6E-8DC9-08BF3798FE38 (resized).jpeg
#10505 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Yeah, sorry if I was overexplaining. My old hardware store days creeping in. Glad to help.

Well this is fun, to clear the air, there was so many little things that I felt needed changing and that is why I was asking for the source files. You didn’t make any of this by hand. You cut other images and used arial type font let’s be clear on that. You took pics of the toppings from the backglass. It’s a brilliant idea really. I was able to add mushrooms for le in about 20 min to the card, it looks great. Yes it was true I didn’t plan on adjusting and posting for donations if I had the source files, that would have been significantly less work to do and it would have helped with the second card. Since I had to spend much more time doing this and I couldn’t get your instruction cards on my le according to the size as well as all the issues I felt needed updated I took a weekend to make the changes and add the things I wanted to. You are making it as if my post has taken your livelihood or something. Are you REALLY making that much money here? I’ve always said that I’ve taken inspiration from system j. What more do I have to say.

I’m almost to a point that I might as well just attach the file you sent me for everyone to enjoy? Also I’m almost to a point that I’ll post what I’ve done for everyone to enjoy. Way too much drama here, I hope you can find peace dude, this clearly means a lot to you. Please stop posting about all the drama, that’s not what this hobby is about. No one is stricking rich over instruction cards, again well done on the idea, the rules are described well. You want me to donate another 5 bucks to you? Happy to do so? You called me cheap by DONATING 5 bucks which you asked for?! Happy to give you another 5 if you just calm down. Truth be known any donations that wanted a refund I sent back no questions asked. I have no prior experience with anyone lol, dude you are rich. You really think this is like a side hustle or something. I donated what was requested, what I thought I was getting did not turn out very well for my LE and I had to adjust. That’s it… no I don’t have a shop ready to print cards, I simply made the changes that look well on my le and days later posted, that’s it. Do I have ANY expectations if you or anyone like them, nope! Am I anticipating any bucks here, nope! Do I need the money, nope lol. CHILL

#10508 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

The point is you took someone work and made it your own, that is plagiarism at its finest. If you did that at work or in a college setting you would be gone. I dont blame System-J for being upset. If you want to mod it for your personal use that's great, build on it. But to ask for source files then try and sell them, nah. I 3d print my own parts that are sold on here. I don't ask the seller to send me the STL file, "mod it" and then sell it myself.
You can argue all day but you are in the wrong.

I can see what you are saying, I really do. If I make more then 50 bucks or 100 bucks, he can get a cut in whatever he thinks is fair. I have zero expectation of making anything more then that. Now if this were for some big money I would totally get that, these are instruction cards lol. If I get a donation of 5 or more I’ll print a copy and mail it to them. I don’t expect more then like 5 people. Even the comments above are saying they are trash, well if they are trash what are we flipping out about?! I have no problem donating and continue to give credit to system j but simply put what I thought I was donating was going to be X and it didn’t work for me ky so I asked for the source files so I could easily modify them, since I couldn’t get those I had to do surgery on the thing. I get what you are saying. I have no problem crediting and give j another donation. At the end of the day I did this for my machine, it’s super sweet, anyone feel free to rip off my version, I don’t care at all. Make it better! That’s it. I’m not mass producing these suckers.

#10509 1 year ago

I think I have all the edits I wanted to do! I wasn’t intending to do an LE version, I have an LE and I guess I never noticed mushroom toppings dedicated to the LE, they look so close to marshmallows. It turned out incredible imo. I’m not intending to strike it rich here with these things, period. I found something awesome that was made, made a bunch of changes that I wanted to do. A lot of work was done for these modifications and I’m sure a lot of work was done to create the original idea. All props go to system j for the workings of this

Thanks to system j original art (also link below to his original post) throw him some donations! Below is what I wanted out of the cards, if you like them awesome, shoot me a pm, if you don’t agree with what I did, ignore it and know I’m not making virtually any money on this. Any donation 5 or more I’ll print them, cut them and mail them to you. To print and mail it’s a few bucks. It takes time to do that, I think it’s totally reasonable. And hey in a few weeks I may not even be paying attention to this thread anymore! I have no problem donating more money to system j if I have a wild turn out which I have no expectations of, again I don’t need the money period.

Here is the link to system Js low res pics, he will send you high res if you donate to him https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/189#post-7144677

Here are the changes I made to original vision. Feel free to copy all the ideas system j and do what you want with them

Change log

Pizza menu side
Rescaled the card so it would fit the machine LE
Removed redundant chart visual
Shrunk the X icons and replaced and repurposed them
Reordered the toppings so they are grouped by type
Streamlined text wherever possible, shortened
Virtually half of the card got repurposed, chopped, edited so a pimped out background could be added
Added pimped out background and cut it so that there is a 3d effect
Removed border and replaced it with a new one
Removed all logos
Turtles card
Added shell bullets
Replaced + with up arrows
Moved squid to the left side on le
Added mushroom for the le
Redid peanut butter and gummie bears to remove scan lines

Core instruction side
Replaced all the turtle heads, they were overlapping text, names were cut off, the cuts were not clean to me
Added wm lvl to each turtle and icon
Centered turtles and text
Rebordered the turtles
Removed all misc logos
Streamlined text wherever possible
Added gameplay text and bordered and repurposed
Added wm names next to icons (ie splinter)

1C93D8AB-5904-4BCF-B581-7B6FDB153A76 (resized).jpeg1C93D8AB-5904-4BCF-B581-7B6FDB153A76 (resized).jpeg71C8C65C-2A45-400B-95E4-18BAA4BC343E (resized).jpeg71C8C65C-2A45-400B-95E4-18BAA4BC343E (resized).jpegF05E5921-D72A-457A-BD9C-553D71A05EE3 (resized).jpegF05E5921-D72A-457A-BD9C-553D71A05EE3 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninja2bceen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=ninja2bceen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.