(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Waiting for the game to arrive to test fit and function. Pro owners won’t be disappointed!

You’re the best in mods. Also ships out in a timely fashion.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

No convincing here I know the pro is the way to go!!!

And you won’t lose 1k off the bat right away.

1 week later
#657 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Do distributors have pro's for the general public yet? Any idea on how long the wait is?

2 weeks for pros to be in stock I was told.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

All my general thoughts on the game. I have an LE, have had considerable time on a Pro. They're both a lot of fun and enjoyable. I can honestly say, as much as I enjoy my LE, the Pro seems to be the better player after 30 plus plays on both of them. Final verdict is a positive one for both models as I think majority of people will be happy with either one.
At the end around 12:50 the issues I've been having pretty much out of box for the LE are discussed and shown. If you're waiting on your LE or a Premium I'd recommend at least watching that end part so maybe the issues I've had you can prevent before they occur and be able to enjoy your game to its fullest.
If you don't want to watch the video, the reader's digest version is that the turtle van wasn't feeding correctly and balls would just stack up. At the same time, the diverter scratched up the backside of the plastic ramp and hit it with such force that it eventually dug into the plastic and would get stuck. I also had 2 node boards go out that controlled the upper playfield GI and the pizza disc motor.
My distro, Flip N Out / Zach, has been on it immediately though which is awesome.

Thanks Pro it is.

#808 3 years ago

Any playfield issues out there?

I just bought a newer run JP premium and it seems ok. Want tmnt pro, but after just seeing what Stern did to the guy with the Jurassic Park replacement in the playfield issues thread I am questioning things. They sent him a used damaged playfield to replace his defective playfield. Face palm. I hope that was a mistake.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Hopefully stern sends us all a ramp with a legit built in metal piece. 9k and we have to install metal piece with tape.

Some people paid over 9k!

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone hearing about getting their pro this week? I haven't heard.... Looking like next week.

They are behind now.

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn what are you hearing?

They are behind anticipated arrival. 2 more weeks.

#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys just opened a brand new Turtles LE. Game is telling me Node Board 1,8, and 9 are out. When booted game keeps auto plunging a ball. Not able to start a game. Do i need to contact Stern support or my dealer to resolve this

Wow.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Diverter seems to be good unfortunately at 0 plays it’s already scratched up my plastic ramp. At 9k this sure is a swift kick to the nuts

It’s almost like they didn’t even test these at all.

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I got #430 last night. It’s fast, mine played fine out of the box with no issues, built July 8th.
[quoted image]

For now until your diverter has issues.

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For $9000 NIB, you should NOT have to tinker for a while.
Soon it'll be $10K+ to tinker.

Some LEs sold for 9600 so close enough.

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I got mine today and checked it all over and this was in the coin box. Clearly for the diverter behind the van. Wtf. So I see I can take the coil out there has to be screw that goes into it. I don’t see that screw and will I have to take the whole ramp of to fix it?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I take it you’re unhappy?

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

If you work on your diverter you better hope the spring does not fall off,you will have some problems to get back on

Can you temporarily use painters tape to keep spring in position?

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I heard the same. Another week..... again

At least another week or more. Hoping not. Something about not enough line workers.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern relies heavily on temps on their production line. Depending on what they pay, temps are making more staying home and collecting unemployment due to the $15/hr federal unemployment aid. If the federal UC stipend ends this week without renewal by congress, more will come back. I am guessing Stern is counting on this happening next week. We are running into the same problem where I work. We would have at least 2-3 months of catching up to do if we were able to get temps tomorrow.

I figured that.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Just unboxed my LE. These playfields do still seem to be susceptible to bubbling/pooling where the apron + guides touch down. I'm going through adding some felt washers like I did on Jurassic Park before it potentially gets worse and chips. Also, the left outlane post was clearly designed for a small post. They pulled back the artwork for that but later changed it to a star post which is starting to pool a bit. Hopefully shouldn't be too bad since it's rarely hit and doesn't have a ring applying diagonal pressure to it. Either way, I think it's worth protecting these spots early if you can.

Damn man. I just noticed the same on my JP premium in one spot from a June build.

#1508 3 years ago

It’s a ball guide on my JP premium that looks like its pooling on both sides.

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I feel for you. That is just shit. Please let us all know what your distro and Stern say.

Question is will it chip? I have a turtles pro on order. Think I might abort after finding this issue on 5 spots on my JP premium June build. I know the ball doesn't make contact with that low of a spot but will constantly banging the rail cause it to chip is my concern. Fudge.

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Fuck
I have no patience for $7400 of pooling clear & delaminating art. Especially with the lack of resolutions some damn respectable collectors here have experienced.
Back to lusting over a Big Buck Hunter Reloaded cabinet & a SuperChexx I guess
Hope those affected get taken care of. Keep us posted.

Contacting my distributor tomorrow on my JP premium June build and cancel tmnt. Keep ya posted.

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've said it before and ill say it again. The exact same thing happened during the heat waves last year. JP2 games built in July and August during the heat waves were the worst. The heat and high humidity on the factory floor is not allowing the clearcoat to fully cure before the playfields are populated. Stern needs to invest in climate control and a proper curing process that can be carried out consistently during all four seasons. Remember how the playfields all seemed to get better in the fall/winter. Yup.

I’ll post some pics of my JP June 2020 build in the playfield issues thread later tonight. Basically looks just like that tmnt le he posted at ball guide\rail. I think you’re correct about the environment inside the factory.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My JP, Elvira and STH LE’s have been fantastic quality wise. Pf’s especially.
Maybe Covid has caused a lapse in pf clear?
Has anyone else seen pooling?

I am sure they will be. Nobody’s looked close enough like I just did after seeing his pic of his LE. I found five spots where the ball guides are connected to playfield. Digging right in and pooling.

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Mine looks good and they put a washer under it. Not sure if others have washers. The Star post is by the left out lane. I don’t see any others posts to really check

I’d say won the playfield lottery.

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the environment (temp/humidity) during playfield manufacture and cure someone suggested may actually explain it. The pro playfields were made before it got hot and humid. Sounds like an investment in climate control for temp AND humidity for at least the playfield production and curing area is a needed investment.

Gary wouldn’t want to spend on that.

#1547 3 years ago

Here’s my JP premium June 2020 build shooter lane with 200 plays.
And in the red circle with line in other pic is 50% of my ballguide / rail connection to playfield locations with pooling. This is actually not the worst of them. Hard to get a good pic need to stand right above, but some of the pooling has crept up the rails/guides.

A01E3D21-A3DF-495E-AEB3-FD160CE88F41 (resized).jpegA01E3D21-A3DF-495E-AEB3-FD160CE88F41 (resized).jpegA06C839D-F0D5-4415-8D3C-55658E929249 (resized).jpegA06C839D-F0D5-4415-8D3C-55658E929249 (resized).jpeg
#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

LE 202. Hard to see due to lighting but def have pooling occurring by our Lair shot and down by the drain. Apron is too tight down there and digging in. With further inspection we now have chipping in the lair area. Not significant but def frustrating....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect pics. This is exactly what’s happening to my jp2 from June 2020. Unreal.

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Anyone heard what they are half ass building this week? Pro or premium?

Pros ship this week. Probably all have issues too if JodyG is right about heat and humidity in factory. It’s been hot and humid for weeks. I am two hours away from canceling my pro and not happy about my JP.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Perfect pics. This is exactly what’s happening to my jp2 from June 2020. Unreal.

4C96A5BD-F84D-43D3-AA5D-BD916AB987D1 (resized).jpeg4C96A5BD-F84D-43D3-AA5D-BD916AB987D1 (resized).jpeg
#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

When did I say "business is booming". I said they can't meet demand and won't be able to for a long time. If you cancel your order you are doing nothing to them or your disti. You are not proving a point by trying to make them lose a sale.

They lost a sale today from me. Distributor mailing my payment back tomorrow. I’d rather me have the money than Stern. Now my JP2 gets voted on. Probably a unpopulated playfield at maximum.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I have a Pro and planned to upgrade to a Premium.... but:
Due to the reported issues with the diverter, the problem with the mechanism that is locking balls in the turtle van, and the software getting confused when its staging balls in the van, I am sticking with the Pro. Tons to do, shots take time to learn. Great variety in strategy and shots. And the Pro is more difficult due to the lack of a diverter, so it may have longer playability b/c it wont be as easy to reach the end game.

Stern’s best release for 2020 guaranteed.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from Adg5016:

LE 459, Glider officially just pooped the bed. Hope Stern can help fix ASAP.

Ugh

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I’ve had issues with my clearcoat on my turtles and also on my Deadpool have contacted stern and waiting for a reply does not seem like they’re too quick to take care of anything
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am hearing that the new batch of Tmnt pros have pooling of clear as pictured. They have not fixed the issues with thinner clear.

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Already contacted Stern they said it was nothing to worry about but they would make a memo and get back with them if chipping occurs

Well now I know the answer I’ll get when I contact them tomorrow.

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I’ve bought three new inboxes from stern in six months got a hold of them about my dead pool the first week I had it my supplier said they would go to bat for me on a new playfield unpopulated because I live in Louisville Kentucky and there is no one here to do maintenance or swap out a field that has been going on for five months still waiting to hear back from Pablo after sending them my serial number two times and pictures of the chipping on my play field they over tighten parts on the playfield before the clear coat is cured and it mashes it into the playfield causing ripples of the clear then when you hit guard rails with the ball the vibrations chip the field mine went into the graphics all I personally know is if they don’t do something about it I will definitely not be buying any more sterns

How many plays approximately did it take to chip the playfield clear?

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is the Michelangelo insert ghosting? Or is that a reflection?

Looks like crack. Weird.

#2067 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

FYI this happened after 600 balls coming out of the trough with the minimum power of 167 and Mylar in place.
This is a total joke. I just saw it because my shooterlane protector just arrived (not available before) and i wanted to install it.
Afraid of the poor PF quality i checked the left and right ball feed of the ramps... i did protect only one side, the other side started to chip already too so i added 2 layers of Mylar there. I am afraid what comes next. The dimpling is very present, this will look ugly as f... in a few months.
I am shocked about the soft wood/clearcoat combo, wondering why noone has mentioned chipping until now, time will tell. From the first day i tried to protect my game as good as possible.
[quoted image]

And this is why I canceled my tmnt pro. My JP Premium is worse than that with 250 plays.

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Got my TMNT Pro today, was built Aug 4th. has the super awesome inkjet playfield....put in a ticket for a replacement. FML
[quoted image]

Doubt you’ll get a replacement for that.

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pooling art, grinding pizzas, burnt servos, washers under posts, grainy/banding art.
Perfect

Cowabunga Dude!

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yup got mine from Jason too, infact last 4 from him. He has been very good with extra packaging.

That’s true care from a distributor. Amazing.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Has Stern given a solution to the rear diverter cutting into the ramp plastic yet? I'm not sure if you can adjust the diverter to not extend as far somehow?

Supposedly the Premiums might have the fix.

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Unboxed my new Pro yesterday.
Not impressed at all with the printing job here. It looks awful.
Give me some chipped clear around some posts all day long over this garbage.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.

1 week later
#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from skankingaround:

Just unboxing my TMNT pro - the corner of the cab caught my eye - is this standard? Anything to be concerned about ?
Other corners seem ok

No just the standard quality.

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I love how Stern is announcing new pins while their quality still appears to be at an all time low.. WTF is going on over there? Has anyone with the shitty playfield art heard anything back from a distributor or Stern? Are they going to do anything about it?

I’ve heard nothing. One month so far.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

You said you cancelled your order. Yet here you are.

No not tmnt but my JP premium. Built same time almost as Tmnt pros.

#3256 3 years ago

Avengers just crushed tmnt in my opinion and many other.

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That’s surprising, you’ve seemed to love tmnt on this owners thread

Totally wanted a tmnt until I had playfield issues with my JP premium with radio silence from my distributor. I heard they now changed how the games are manufactured by not having ball guides touch playfield and prevent pooling.

#3300 3 years ago

You won’t hear anything.

#3448 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought my adverse reaction was going to be booed by the hype train but man, the hype has really been crushed after that reveal. You'll have the usual stern army support it 100% (b/c they support all of the games, even garbage) but you can tell - the fair minded pinsiders - almost all said it was disappointing or not as good as they hoped. I'm in that camp.

I am 50/50. I do like some of avengers features, but didn’t seem as “fun”. Maybe it’s a theme thing. Time will tell.

#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have an AIQ LE coming either way. I’ll report back on how it compares to tmnt. I love tmnt so hopefully it’s just as fun

When is the expected timeframe of getting it?

1 week later
#3758 3 years ago

So....if I am going to possibly buy a tmnt pro I should have it unboxed at distributor to see if playfield art isn’t shitty.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

What was wrong with the playfield?! About to purchase a pro and wanna know what you look out for

Print quality was bad on so many pros.

#3907 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Agreed. I installed the same and it looks great. Pictures don’t do it justice. All of Pinmonk’s stuff is worth it.

Pinmonk is the father I never had.

3 weeks later
#4287 3 years ago

I'm finally at the point of buying this pin. Leaning towards Premium/LE.
Really want a LE. But would I lose out on warranty fixes and such if I go secondary route?

There is no warranty.

4 weeks later
#4941 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Happy to finally be in the club! Great game. Flows so well! It’s tough, but I wouldn’t say it’s overly mean. No unfair drains from the pizza or lair yet... knock on wood!
I did get unlucky with a grainy playfield. Any word yet on if they are replacing them? It’s annoying but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hassle to replace. [quoted image][quoted image]

This is the main reason I haven’t bought one. Supposedly they are giving out unpopulated playfields. I am waiting for next run unless the newest release is something of interest.

#4955 3 years ago

The playfield art is the main reason I haven't bought a NIB. At least with used you can inspect the art firsthand.

Same. I wonder if they have more of these badly printed playfields in stock for the next run or if they are getting new ones....

6 months later
#6768 2 years ago

Would order a pro tomorrow if not for the playfield lottery. Any recent purchasers of a pro and playfield quality? I am waiting on a JP premium playfield from stern so my buyers confidence is shot.

Does the pro have good replay value in a 4 game collection?

#6779 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I have a Feb build Pro and mines great.

Thanks to all above that responded. Appreciated.

#6807 2 years ago

I want a tmnt pro!!!!!!

#6837 2 years ago

Well I almost bought a nib pro last Saturday. Called my distributor he was cranky, put me on hold for twenty minutes. After that I shelved the purchase.

#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Time to find a new distro.

Yeah.

#6868 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

More Official toppers are showing up back in stock in places.
https://nitropinball.com/products/tmnt-topper

Nitro rocks.

4 weeks later
#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You aren’t protecting your resale value. Blowing out your playfield in a home environment is impossible. All you are doing is hurting your playing experience. It’s your game and do whatever you want with it though.

You’re alright for someone from Acton. Agreed.

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

hi guys just joined with a premium
only thing that needs tweaking is that the right ramp/left orbit hits the left sling about 60% of the time instead of feeding the left flipper.
Any tips for adjusting this? i am level at 6.5

Congratulations. I am coming over tomorrow.

#7071 2 years ago

Just found this cleaning out my basement. I painted it in school in like 1987. I guess I dug Raphael the most back then. Lol.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 years later
#11054 8 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Dimples are a sign of love for a game

Crazy thing is my new GZ premium has minimal dimples vs my Maiden. Same plays

#11057 8 months ago

Pro vs premium. Tough call.

#11077 8 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mushroom lair lock is neat and can add some strategy to toppings. Similar to Metallica snake lock or groot.
Two way spinning pizza is cool for added effect and randomness.
The big game changer is the diverter. I love diverting the ball different ways to setup my shots. It adds so much more flow. Couldn’t live without it.
Premiums are creeping pretty low; I’d go for one of those if you can find it at a good price. All in all the game is fast and brutal, but the rules make up for it with quick progression and lots of breadth.

Leaning to premium

2 months later
#11294 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

In the club with the sale... Couldn't pass it up, wife wanted one forever, got nib for used price. Cowabunga

I might be doing the same tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.