(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6541 2 years ago

Hi all! First time post, long time lurker ! I just got my first pin, nib TMNT pro last friday. Absolutely having a blast! Love it to bits.
Although tonight I notice the up post on the top left orbit seems to be feeling weird during gameplay. When I hold the left flipper up and plunge, 50% will go all the way around and 50% will be stopped by the post up - even though I'm holding the left flipper up.

I feel when I've hit some shots up the right and left orbit it also hits the post being up. It just feels like tonight its been up blocking shots that in the last few days wouldn't.

Any ideas as to why and how I can address this? Hopefully an easy fix. I did a coil test and it fires it off. It goes up then after a few other things gets tested, it comes back to it and goes down. Tried doing a little digging in the forum but not coming across anything yet.

Cheers.

#6546 2 years ago

So this morning it has gotten worse. It stays up and doesn't even go down now. Anyone heard of this or experienced it? Got to be common across any machine? So in a moment I'll dig around regarding an up post that stays up. Bit of a shame, just a few days in - but I suppose its life of a pinball owner?! Will call my distrubutor also this morning and see what they suggest. I did the coil test and it stays up right at the start and doesn't go down. Whereas last night was going up and down during the test.

I thought it was strange. I was getting it bounce of the post, into the inner orbit or even the outer orbit and down. Which in the last few days hadn't experienced at all. And a stack of orbit shots during game play wouldn't go all the way around. Now this has all happened and I'm watching it with a magnify glass, I'm pretty sure with all characters you can hold the left flipper button, plunge and have the ball go all the way around to the left flipper?! not just Donatello. I've been staying clear of him and sticking with Raph, just cos. Will keep you all posted.

#6548 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The post might be binding on the playfield through hole, so you could try loosening the mech from below and tightening it in place better centered. Just a thought.

Yeah thanks shaub that's what I'm thinking. Spoke with my distributor and has recommened a few things that I will try in my lunch break today. Best to do some real work first....I suppose!

#6554 2 years ago

FIXED!
Thanks all that have chimed in. Greatly appreciated. I called my distrubutor and they suggest going through the coil test for the uppost then taking off the glass and pulling out the playfield and looking more closely at the area.

FIXED. So yes the post was binding against the playfield. So I opened it up pulled the playfield out and up and just loosened 2 of the 3 screws that holds in in place. But I only loosened a screw 3/4's rotation of the screw. And then when I push the coil up for post up it would spring back nicely. Whereas before it would get stuck and you could feel a slight pressure when pushing it all the way up. Should be alright having loosened the screw about 3/4's rotation? The screw still feels very tight\stiff.

FYI, all characters on any ball, when you hold the left flipper up and plunge will have the ball do a full orbit around and down towards the left flipper. I thought it was some characters, I heard it was the 2nd and 3rd ball only...nope all and any.

Has been a good experience fixing this although fairly minor, its good getting in and seeing how things all work and understanding things better.

Now onto trying to improve my scores

#6555 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Xaqery any chance you could have the lock bar button light the same color as the turtle you pick? I feel it is odd it is always blue. Thanks for an amazing game!

Xaqery this would be awesome!

1 week later
#6598 2 years ago

Yep! Absolutely loving my TMNT Pro. Have had it for about 2 weeks and just love it. SO much fun, so many things to do to keep each game different. And yeah the half shell challenge is a blast. I haven't even gotten into the co-op or vs modes yet or even Final Shredder battle. Saving them for a rainy day I find it a challenge but thats just me as a player, keeps me going back for more. Art work is incredible, light shows are amazing, theme overall is just awesome. Its actually getting my youngest daughter into pinball which I'm super happy about. Hope she asks for a pinball for her birthday one day!

1 week later
#6663 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Now that this game has been out for a while, what level are you all setting your games at? I remember some debate with 6.7 vs 6.5. What's everyone leveling their game to and what is your high score?

Might try this and report back. Thanks @royaljack.

3 weeks in, geez I love this pin.

#6686 2 years ago

Wonder if we'll get Impossible Play mode like in Mandolorian added to a code update!? Fingers are crossed.

#6696 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's nearly that already.

Yeah true, you aren't wrong!

#6698 2 years ago

Played a LZ the other day, first pin since purchasing TMNT. Wouldn't have thought the scoring difference would feel that different. Why would they have the scoring on TMNT so low and not like the rest of the pins that Stern make?

#6723 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You might already know this, but on SPIKE games you can dim the backbox during gameplay as low as you want it. I set mine to 15%. Full bright for attract mode, no glare during play. It's an awesome feature. Not saying it's as good as Invisiglass, but it's free!

Th asks for the tip Jediturtle did this and it's an a amazing difference. I dropped to 30%.

#6753 2 years ago

Yeah mine is recent and looks like yours @panzerfreak.

Do you think or is there talk of Stern dev team tweaking the scoring in a code update? And adjust it to be higher scoring like most of the newer Sterns. Why would they tackle the scoring system differently being so low overall!?

#6778 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I was watching Jack Danger's stream yesterday and asked Dwight if he'd be addressing the bugs in the most recent version of code regarding the audio issues with final battle. He said he does hope to get an update out for turtles soon. Thanks Xaqery !

Excited for this. Now I have my first pin, I am now excited for a new code drop. The excitment with a pin never stops!

1 week later
#6880 2 years ago

Dwight was in the DF Mando stream yesterday. I mentioned about the low scoring versus most other pins scoring. He said the scoring was an experiement that he wasn't happy with and has considered balancing the scoring, just that it takes time. Fingers are crossed it happens one day, it would be good to have it better balanced.

#6885 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Just ordered a nib premium model ( won’t get it till next year) So excited

Awesome! Congrats. You wont be disappointed. It is a blast to play! Loving mine more and more!

3 weeks later
#7021 2 years ago

What playfield wax should I be purchasing that everyone would recommend?

1 week later
#7062 2 years ago

If anyone wants some TMNT figurines to add onto the table or for a topper, these are coming out (again?!)...
apparently you can take off their disguise clothing and have them just as a normal looking character. I'm going to grab some and make em fit! Even comes with a few other little things like pizzas, gettoblaster, skateboard etc.
https://thenecastore.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cartoon-turtles-in-disguise-4-pack-7-scale-action-figure

#7077 2 years ago

Hey Xaqery ...understand you'd be busy with Mando code. I had such a fun game on TMNT and had a thought. In the next code release it'd be cool to see high scores for most peices of pizza eaten in attract mode etc. It gives my house alot of joy that feature - thanks!

#7081 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Love that! Also speed records for how fast they are eaten like the rpm for aiq

Oh yes that would be awesome too. Gives everyone including kids something to aim for that is achievable.
Hopefully we see a scoring balance overall that makes getting big scores and doing other things rewarding (hahaha, or very disappointing if you miss the shots ).

Xaqery

#7082 2 years ago

Has Stern ever thought of adding High Score of the day or is that just a JJP thing?

#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Finally broke down after months and months of stagnation to setting at 5 balls. I've rectified this in my mind by acknowledging that not all playfields are built equally and that the three ball standard is for the quarter collectors. MUCH more fun now! I can actually, you know, PROGRESS!

Hahaha, I might try this. I've actually started to play a 2-player co-op which has been a stack of fun to progress. Mind you it also hasn't helped sometimes!

#7117 2 years ago

I asked Dwight on a Flip'n out stream about a code about for TMNT. He mentioned that he wants\needs to get Mando to a 1.0 game code first and then he wants to fix a few things that has annoyed him in the current code. Which I think is the sound screwup at the start of Final Battle, where there is no dialogue audio and maybe the multiball freeze people talk about. I've had this happen to me once with about 600 plays. I mentioned what about a scoring balance etc. He said that the scoring for this game was an experiment that didn't work and changing the coding for this would be a chunk of work.

I love this game, it's not going anywhere anytime soon - but my fingers are crossed for a code update. A bunch of these tweaks everyone talks of and it would just finish this game completly.

#7119 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Joined the club with a NIB Premium purchase TODAY!
Supposed to ship tomorrow - can’t wait for the Pizza delivery!!!!

Congrats man! So. Much. Fun!

#7141 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Spot on rant. Have you PM’d Xaqery Dwight with your ideas here? He really needs to see this, because many of us feel the same way. There is so much to love about TMNT, it just needs the areas you mention above to be ironed out in a more compelling manner and frankly easier way as to take the frustration out of the game. Making it hard in areas that should not be hard or rather should be enjoyable, by seeking the best balance of fun gameplay. Those of us that have put tons of hours on this game, like you and Shaub, should give Dwight a list of software adjustments to be made asap.
HELP SAVE THE TURTLES! LOL

I agree! Even though Dwight has been tagged in here, I wonder if he'd read it. Mind you a bunch of tag's maybe it'd get his attention.
I've noticed shaub has a very decent understanding of the game and what could\would be nice to have in a future update. Maybe someone could just even copy some of these posts and email Dwight?

1 week later
#7170 2 years ago

Geez I wish there was a ball save timer on episodes. Most of the time I enter a mode and I shit the bed! lol

#7189 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure hoping Xaqery Dwight will read some of the great ideas you guys have for fixing the code in our fab TMNT machines. Love playing this game, but the scoring needs balancing and fixes to various areas you all have already pointed out. I wonder if we should put a list together of desired changes and send them to Stern and Dwight?

I agree with all that. Looooove the machine, but yes there is the handful of stand out codes\score balancing fixes that hopefully will happen to make it a perfect game imo.
Re: an emailed list, it's a good idea @thunderbird.

Xaqery

#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Turning mine down made it way, way more consistent.

Really....what is your flipper powers set at for all of them?

#7241 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I recently turned down ALL of my flipper strength settings...and the game is much improved. Ball still makes the ramps with ease...no more instant-post-drains.

Scandell what have you set your flipper strength to?
Starting to see a few people change this.

#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Just having some fun here. Hair still temporary. Background and overlays are just mockups. Trying to think through some of the word layout placements I have to work around.
I'm not really a fan of the TV screen within the screen thing that Stern seemed to think was amazing enough to put on a large number of the animations.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking awesome!

#7254 2 years ago

Having a little issue that I would like to prevent from happening anymore. Any ideas what I should do? Its my first pin, so I'm a little unsure.

Its almost like the insert is sitting slightly higher or lower (hard to tell) than the playfield so its wearing away unfortantly.

tmnt jh (resized).JPGtmnt jh (resized).JPG
1 month later
#7430 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some TMNT code update news from Dwight on tonight's Mando Deadflip stream.
"TMNT update is mostly cool Connectivity stuff. But some of that is REALLY cool"
"One cool thing coming is TEAM-UP spots a needed Cowabunga item"
"TMNT scores are not getting tweaked much. Sorry."

Yeah saw all this too.
Scores not getting tweaked much, but sounds like is a little bit!

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Animation done by fellow ex-deeprooter :
Allison Ataide

Yeah looking great. Once finished, just send to Stern to update in the code for everyone!

3 months later
#8161 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yes, it's happened three times total now. Single and multiplayer games, v1.41 and v1.50.

Yep I've also experienced this. Maybe scoring balance and all the low scoring vs other machines might get an update in the next code too? fingers will always be crossed til then!

Xaqery

2 months later
#8554 2 years ago

PUMPED! Will be downloading and updating once I finish my current project. Love that you added Impossible Play Xaqery great work! Thanks a bunch for the update. Now there is a pause on new pins, I can smell a score rebalance code update!

3 weeks later
#8755 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with this review Panzer and like how you are giving us a different perspective. You might add this to your review. I think it unfortunate that this game is not rated in the top 10. Dwight feels bad that it isn’t also, as he has put a ton into the code. I remember him asking us in this thread why its not rated in the top 10, but its not this club, its the detractors that have unfairly rated TMNT, as it does have a great deal going in the game. Art package is the best in all of Pinball and layout is going to be looked upon as legendary in the future imo. Don’t think it is as linear as some think it is, but wish Xaqery Dwight would put in a flipper picking option for choosing modes. Think that would add a great deal more fun for less talented players to freely choose which mode they play and in what order. Hitting the 2 targets on the left ramp to change are dangerous shots SDTM.

Oh man, imagine having it so you could pick the mode\character! That and having the scoring more like all the other pins (higher scoring etc) and not feel like you are beating the crap out of the machine for not much, if it had those two things this pin would be in the top ten.....easy!

1 month later
#8926 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

How's this for a Sunday. Having a beer with John Borg.
[quoted image]

That is awesome! What a moment that would have been!

Any alpha on TMNT that he dropped? Did he mention Dwight being locked away working hard on a code update?
With Stern only making 1 cornerstone this year, I'm quietly hoping Dwight is working on a code update that includes rescoring.

#8938 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Getting ready to join the club. Will be trading my black knight for a tmnt. Anything I should know to get ready?

Congrats. The game is brillant! Yeah get ready to loose many hours having fun on it!

2 months later
#9224 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I created a home brew lighting mod using the JJP light effects (Toy Story 4) as my inspiration. I wasn’t looking for extra light as much as a light show/effect. I also made a set for my AIQ, happy to share videos of that too. Limitless effects controlled by phone give you a ton of cool effects for any game.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk27aolmnqi3h48/TMNT%20Light%20Bar%20Mod.mov?dl=0

Yeah this is awesome. I'm interested to know more.

1 week later
#9258 1 year ago

Great points aon the previous page regarding scoring. I just got a DP in my collection and am loving it and bouncing between the two. Yeah agree with the scoring, would be great to see it tweaked to the point that when you finish modes or challanges that you get a sense of accomplishment from hitting that last shot to finish it. (IMO) DP's mode scoring is awesome and TMNT could be tweaked to be similar. Still have it how it is(maybe just higher points for shots), but have that last shot a really valuable shot reward along with completing it.

Would also love to see heaps of ways of getting high scores with your name on the board. Highest amount of pizza eaten, Fastest Pizza eaten in time, Team up high score, high scores for each modes.

It'd have my kids coming back raging at each other to beat each other and play more = getting more pins in the collection!

Love, love love, TMNT.

2 weeks later
#9350 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I do not consider it done, but I dont have any plans for an update. That said, I would love to fix any bugs I can.

Go, go , go Xaqery start planning for it! Get it up on the current code update project list in the office!
Get the bugs squashed, update the scoring system to be more in lined how other pins are - higher scoring, more rewarding shots etc Having this table for progression and scoring would make this one of the best!

3 weeks later
#9563 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I have been working with John and his Precision-Flip Flippers for a while now and recently he sent me one of every color so I could take some pictures. Overall I'm definitely on TEAM HALOGRAPHIC-PRO as those look incredible and play extremely well. They make backhanding the left ramp so much easier than stock flippers. I also highly suggest the metal bushings as well. Lastly the art on this game is incredible. Enjoy!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome Joel!

#9606 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Man...I am really wanting a TMNT back now seeing the code love. Regret getting rid of my pro. If anyone wants to trade a premium or a pro+cash for a like new Led Zepp premium, let's talk!

Yep loving the code attention. Feel like there is more ahead!
Thanks Dwight! Now lets head to a major score update!

#9608 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Today I got to Final Battle after two years of ownership - 98M as Raphael. It was also my GC. I also almost finished Team Up for the first time (didn't make the final shot). This was on three balls with lots of luck and the MOST generous settings enabled for extra balls and episode/MB ball save timers.
I have extra ball enabled after two episodes, for special, for some number of pizza slices, for 10M or 15M points I think, maybe more settings - it definitely lights or rewards EB from the pops once every few games. I had around 5 extra balls where I usually only get one or two per game, but I like that better than front-loading each game with 5 balls for some reason.
What a great game! So exciting and so rewarding once you dial in the shots.

Might try this myself! Sounds like fun.

4 months later
#10485 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Modified instruction cards! It’s everything that I wanted modified in a previously made set. Added things, removed things and pimped it out a bit. If interested in a set, please pm me
The picts are low res below of course
[quoted image]

Gtfo....you posted this on Facebook and had the nerv to demand donations $5 minimum for something you didn't even create. POS! GTFO!

#10504 1 year ago

Good on you for calling him out System-J , it needed doing. He handled this poorly.

Ninja2bceen Justin Moron, you could have saved your time by just donating a beer to System-J and printed his cards and better spent your time playing the pin. I don't think graphics is for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=mr_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.