(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7456 2 years ago

Hey all…anyone have this prob with TMNT? I play by myself and the game works fine, two players, still good…four player in league and all the balls get stuck in the ball lock. In ball search the pin will go up and down so fast it only releases on ball. So…when the player drains, it ends multi it pops out just one more ball. It’s really infuriating league players so much I’m thinking of just selling the game (which sucks cause I love it) Any help is appreciated

#7458 2 years ago

Did TMNT ship with balls that can become magnetized? I still have the stock stern balls in there.

Quoted from cabal:

i had some problems with the ball lock due magnatized balls. Sometimes in ball search it did not even release one ball. After changing the balls to unmagnatized new ones the problem did not occour again. It may be a start?
but i am not sure if it will fit your problem as you have only problems with multiplayer games.

#7460 2 years ago

Thanks! I’ll grab some. Figured they would ship with the appropriate balls. Guess not! Haha

Quoted from cabal:

yes, some reported that they had problems begginng 20-50 Games.
for TMNT it's advisable to use hard to magnetize balls, with carbon Steel.

#7487 2 years ago

But…can we buy the QR kit on the Stern site yet?

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you are into that kind of thing, Stern Insider Connected is now live and TMNT is one of the first 6 games with achievements posted. There are 77 achievements in total. You can browse through them once you've created your account
[quoted image]

#7517 2 years ago

Yes, I posted about this in the Godzilla speculation thread the day I got my NIB TMNT haha

Quoted from drinklime:

Wait a second were they taunting us with a Godzilla poster of Ghidorah in the Turtle's Lair this whole time?[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#7654 2 years ago

I tried the co-op mode for the first time with a regular at my location and I ended up getting to final battle on my first ball while explaining the game to him haha. Kid goes “wow…sooo, this is co-op mode huh?” Game usually kicks my f’n ass too

#7681 2 years ago

Buy carbon balls that don’t magnetize easily.

Quoted from NovaCade:

I'm pretty sure its something in the newest software version. When I got mine, delivered it had the immediate previous code (1.4?) and it never happened. I had some PITA issues with the ball lock behind the turtle van (3 sets of optics to fix). But during this process Stern sent me a new SD with the latest code and that;s when I started getting it.
I also have an issue with balls getting magnetized. I have gone through probably 4 full sets of balls in less than 6 months. I don't know if there necessarily is a fix for this since the magnetized pizza spinner is such a big element of play.

#7693 2 years ago

Shaker is very well integrated, definitely go for it.

Quoted from Jerickso77:

How is a shaker motor in this. Worth it?

2 weeks later
#7814 2 years ago

It’s certainly not enough insensitive for me to drop the $300 per game on the IC. They’ll have to do much more than this to get operators to buy these things

Quoted from BaxterStockman:

AN UPDATE!!!!
Awesome!
Curious what people will think about the training level being persistent from game to game. Definitely will make playing the game more on location better and give it a "one more game" feel to it. Gotta level them turtles up.

#7820 2 years ago

GZ is getting a lot of play but the IC feature is old news already. I’ve even stopped loading my account when I play.

Quoted from onemilemore:

I think they are going for $200 atm, but I understand that's not super scalable as an operator. How are people responding to IC on Godzilla at your place?

#7842 2 years ago

The modded code will need to be updated to include Sterns new features. I switched back to Sterns original code awhile ago as the cartoon code left a lot to be desired. Mostly the lack of an extra ball call out and a shoot again call out. Nearly impossible to play it in a league setting without players accidentally launching other players balls

Quoted from billrz:

Does anyone know if Updating code will effect the 1987 animation mod ?

2 months later
#8226 2 years ago

So…all of the sudden my slingshots are very soft. I replaced the bands, bent the switches appropriately and turned up coil strength but they are still not as responsive as they were new. I’m avoiding replacing the switches themselves as it’s kind of a pain in the ass on this machine. Has anyone had this happen? Should I clean the contacts on the switches? Reflow solder? The lower right feels like it’s only getting an intermittent connection.

#8228 2 years ago

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Dremel between the switch contacts with a 443 attachment. It definitely won't hurt after the first use the attachment will turn into like a stainless steel ball shape clean switch contacts very good without filing them, just a quick hit on a lower speed is all you need. That could solve it but if it's both slingshots all of a sudden maybe a common coil wire or a plug on a node board.

#8231 2 years ago

The problem is the same with the old bands as well as the new (I only replaced them because I noticed they were starting to tear) It’s definitely the switches, when I activate them by hand in switch test two of them are clearly less responsive than when new.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Don't use anything abrasive on leaf switch contacts because you will probably ruin them.
Put the old bands back on to see if the problem persists. Are the bands the same size and same type of material?
Rob

2 months later
#8685 2 years ago

So…the Turtle Power multiball reset bug still exists in this new code iteration? Was having a hot game, got TP…game freezes and goes dead. They ever gonna find this bug or what?

#8700 2 years ago

Glitch city today. Had another Turtle Power multi glitch AND the game glitched out immediately when I lit Final Battle. Center of animation screen went dark. Ball stuck in van. Ball search twice, comes out second time. I hit right ramp. Ball caught in diverter. Two ball searches and it comes out. I hit left ramp for final battle and no video / audio but it tallies my scores for FB. I get my ball back and I am technically in mode. Fought through it till eventually the animations and sounds came back. Super weird. Also this game is severely underrated. The end.

#8702 2 years ago

Games that are infuriating and impossible to master are the best games…. Unless you suck in an absolutely hopeless way. When people say that they hate TMNT I know what they are really saying. They are admitting they suck haha.

Quoted from onemilemore:

For reeeeeaaaal. Absolutely criminal it's in the 40s or whatever on the top 100. I am guessing people don't like tough shooters but when you're on with this game it's so satisfying.

#8704 2 years ago

Sure, it’s a bit linear but I don’t mind that with tough shooters. I really love this in my lineup of JP DP GZ STH AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando AND it out earns nearly everything at my location. Kids just throw money into this thing. Already has paid for itself. Just another reason to love it. Personally I play GZ JP and TMNT the most.

I can’t argue that the code still needs attention seeing as how I can in here completing about bugs. But overall super happy with this game.

Quoted from shaub:

The layout of the game really isn't the reason the game isn't highly rated though, I'd argue that it is really due to the code. The Modes and Multiballs are well done, the placement of Team Up and the way it re-enables MBs is nice (though TUMB needs some serious polish to make it more rewarding imo) and Final Battle as a tough but attainable Wizard Mode are all good. But that really only constitutes one way to play the game and in comparison to some of the higher rated modern sterns, the game lacks nuance and depth.

#8750 2 years ago

Had this same problem. Replace stock balls with non magnetizing carbon balls.

Quoted from JonCBrand:

After 50 plays on my pro I'm finding that my pizza lock, is not registering and locking a ball, it's an open shot through the parlor about 70% of the time usually registers on 4th shot. What's odd is after the ball exits into the orbit I can hear what sounds like the up post cycling.
I saw the pinned key post about upper flipper coil with poor solder joints, anything else common before I dive in?

#8761 1 year ago

I would like to see the ability to change your turtle between balls in a future update. Could be a real game changer for strategy and for varieties sake. Especially with the IC held training feature.

#8767 1 year ago

I have had the game crash on me but I’ve never had a single complaint of a reset on location oddly enough. And I will also agree that it seems to happen more frequently after an update out when I switch between cartoon code and stock but then happen less frequently over time

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't think so. The odd thing about my experience with my TMNT Pro is that when I got it, I was very frustrated with these crashes (as you can tell by the post you copied), but over time, the crashes happened less frequently. They hardly ever happen now, unless I do an update, then it seems like they happen more, then they start happening less frequently again. I don't know why this is, and maybe it's only on my machine.
I would think operators would be hating having these same crashes on locations, as paying customers must be losing games and requesting refunds or free plays to make up for money lost on crashed games. I'd like to know if operators are experiencing these crashes. They must be.

3 months later
#9273 1 year ago

So Stern is not producing TMNT AND LZ now? Dayum.

#9278 1 year ago

I put Titan comp bands on long players, low bounce Titan on straight fan layouts and keep stock bands on most Borg games.

Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Out of curiosity what is the standard for flipper rubbers is for tournament play?

#9280 1 year ago

Yup, the low bounce are amazing on Stranger Things or any game that feels overly bouncy

#9282 1 year ago

Try low bounce titans on TMNT. Plays amazing and with less black soot.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I did love all the Titan colors on TMNT (even though it didn’t take long for them to become black anyway, lol), but Stern stock rubbers play so much better on TMNT and have made the game a delight for me to play now.

#9286 1 year ago

Are you sure your balls aren’t magnetized? That really messed with my lock until I replaced with carbon non magnetizing balls.

Quoted from Mram:

I am having what same issues. At times its okay and then it acts up. If I can video it I am going to send it Stern and see if they have answers.

#9289 1 year ago

Yeah, your balls are magnetized together in the trough and the game is trying to “find” them by popping solenoids. Change your balls to carbon, prob solved. Just do it and thank me later haha

Quoted from Mram:

This situation is occurring when there are not balls in the locked. The mechanism keeps on “cycling” to release balls.

#9293 1 year ago

Haha I defend my TMNT on league nights too. Mediocre players just say it sucks…but…it ain’t the game that sucks haha. I have been able to convince a few by hanging back afterwards and just ripping Freeplay games with them until they agree with me haha. It fun and challenging…THATS pinball and TMNT is a perfect example of that simple dynamic.

As far as resets I’ve had DP STH and TMNT all reset on me at one time or another.

“I was just at a multi-tournament weekend and I feel I have to defend tmnt everytime I talk about it. So annoying. . There's not to many of them on location in the whole province of Ontario (here in 'canukastan'). So it's hard to show anyone the merits of it.
Oh, so at the tournament I found out that some other stern pins are having reset problems too”

#9295 1 year ago

Ball baron / Ninja carbon

Quoted from Mram:

What do you recommend? Titan Carbon?

#9297 1 year ago

Right, meant to say Polaris. My bad.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

The Ninjas are not carbon core to my knowledge and will magnetize a lot quicker than the polaris carbon core balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.