(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago

LE on order for me. Cant wait to get it as it looks so damn fun. Will be a nice change up from my other games(star wars and deadpool).

I envision playing a lot of coop with myself...

#42 3 years ago

Just got hit up for the remainer of my LE balance. So maybe that means early July as oppossed to late July. Heres hoping anyways.

#54 3 years ago

1.0 code? wow. I actually kind of like the process of getting one early and seeing it grow....But Ill take it and eagerly await 1.01!

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I don't even have it yet and I'm already planning on adding a 2nd by the end of the year!

Deadpool premium was my first pin(also nib)a year and a half ago. Tmnt will now be my 4th pin. All nib(well one is a virtual cab i built). It is a disease and i have caught it bad.....

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

First pinball machine for me too... and I also got my LE coming. Can't wait.
Someone else asked about the must haves, what do I need to protect it? The LE has the non reflective glass but what about protecting the playfield?

I just wax my pins well. I would wax and clean a few times a year.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Please don't take this the wrong way as my family loves Stranger Things. We have 850 plays on it. However; after seeing the TMNT Pro I want this much stuff on every pro! Lol. I have one on order.

Im sure stern like any business has a target price for each model. things like license dont cost the same on each pin and could take away from the rest. Think Star Wars Pro being pretty bare(dwight its still amazing and I own a comic premium, but pro is pretty bare and code makes the game). Star Wars license probably cost more than ninja turtles and therefore they can fit more in. I dunno, Im just guessing. Anyways I have an LE coming soon and I cant wait to put it next to deadpool and SW.

#235 3 years ago

i look at my email way too often to see if my distributer has emailed me about my LE.....

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from sballswin:

Picked my pro up from Trent yesterday too. Really fun!
[quoted image]

Is that the stock lighting or you have pinstadiums on there? Looks super bright.

#277 3 years ago

nice, do the new pinstadiums still need to be taken off when you lift the playfield?

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes they do. Or you can buy the hover add-on which lets you not take them off when you lift the fuel.

thats the main thing keeping me from buying these. Also I do play with the lights on(dimmer so lowish). I know Im wierd.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m a lights on player too.

ok its not just me. I just cant track the ball well in a dark area and Im young with good eyesite.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

Just got our TMNT PRO!!
[quoted image]

nice pin lineup, though Ive never played IM. I have a deadpool premium, SW comic premium and now a tmnt LE whenever it comes.

#345 3 years ago

All the club threads always turn into le/prem vs pro fights! Were all in this together! I bought an LE but I really considered the pro for a while and I have never purchased a Pro before. It does look more loaded than past pros which is great. And to tell you the truth an 8 ball mb is just going to be weird! Were almost at Apollo 13.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

so if everyone in here were billionaires, there would be some of you that would still buy the pro strictly based on value?

my brother is pretty darn wealthy and he is incredibly cheap half the time. He buys all his cars slightly used(porches and mercedes and all that but still used). He just never likes to spend a dime he doesnt have to. I guess thats one of the reasons why he has a lot of money!

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

It's that way in any community. It's all about justifying the purchase.

confirmation bias

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Might have to make a topper with my sideshow statues.
[quoted image]

love seeing how many pinsiders are also retro video game collectors. My video game collection is worth way more than my pins

#383 3 years ago

My distributer said its soon and took the remainder of my balance, but no exact date yet.

#415 3 years ago

I prefer the pinball life shakers anyway. Go that route

#442 3 years ago

is it wierd that Im just as excited to see the difference HD glass makes on pins as I am to get my TMNT? Sounds like folks here say Im going to have to upgrade my other Pins after seeing it.

#520 3 years ago

really hoping my LE comes in this week. Paid the rest of the balance a week ago. My distributer only got 1 LE so Im guessing he is not high up on the priority list....

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

Here I was thinking the LEs hadn’t shipped yet... I put my deposit in the day the leaked pics surfaced and sent my cashiers check two weeks ago - still no machine.

Im in same boat as you! Dunno if stern has finished the Le run yet....

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

My distributor replied and said mine hit the truck last Tuesday so I’m guessing early this week it’ll be here ‍♂️

Hoping im in the same boat. Id really like it this week sometime!

#611 3 years ago

do they get built in order? if 475 is in the wild they should be about done?

#730 3 years ago

I think its awesome that Dwight is active in this thread following up on things we find. Thanks Dwight! Folks commenting that the shaker isnt used much? Bam its being developed more in another update.

I love this back and forth. Cant wait to get my LE. Sounds like end of next week for me.

#834 3 years ago

Hoping my LE coming next week doesnt have these issues....im not the best at tinkering

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Turtles LE. The diverter will eat through foam and get stuck. Found a random cliffy I had laying around. Double side mounting tape. Working great so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw this post on FB as well. Can you explain in more detail what you actually did? You put double sided mounting tape on the diverter itself? Like around the right and left side? What size did you use if so?

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I went old-school and double-sided taped a classic Bally protector onto the ramp. Fits completely snug and is thinner than a Cliffy.
Good time to deburr the Party Wagon diverter flap as well.
Edges were super sharp on mine.
[quoted image]
Edit:
Now, obviously this is a TEMPORARY fix since I’m SURE Stern will be making us a proper “Revision B” ramp with BOTH the new diverter guard, AND the wireform curve fix, so future turtleheads can rest easy knowing Stern has saved the proverbial day once again!

Where did you order that part? You have an item number?

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

I pulled the trigger and ordered a Pro! It’s my first new game. I’ve been playing it at my local arcade and haven’t been this excited since Ghostbusters. Plus lurking in this thread the last couple of weeks was making me too envious. Supposed to arrive in about a month.

just be ready to become obsessed with owning a pinbll game and buying more...And then moving shit around so you can buy more. Im less then two years in and 1 to finish off my basement has become 4...and its not enough.....help me

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sooner or later, you realize that your ideal pinball collection is your current collection plus one.
Doesn't matter how many you have, you always want another.

Ha so true. I actually love to go from pin to pin and mix it up. If i play for an hour i rarely concentrate on one pin.

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Keep the playfield waxed and the stock stern ones are fine for a while. You DEFINITELY can't put chrome ones in it because of the magnets, though.

Does this mean I cant use the titan super shiny chrome steel pinballs I have ready for my LE? darn. Which balls would you recommend? I was going to put them in my SW LE as well but I guess I cant because of the hyperloop...

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

LE #52 Reporting for duty! Possible last to the party but damn glad to be here!

Still waiting on my LE! Enjoy

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

If there are any keychain nerds out there like me, this one seems to be one of the better ones out there. Pretty hard to track down, but there are 1-2 on eBay.
Edit: just noticed the bottom screw for the coin door appears to be popping out, lol
[quoted image]

Send a link if you can. Cant find on ebay

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

How did you get the wrench in there?

was thinking the same thing. My LE comes Thursday. distributer bringing it to set up so well look at together and maybe he can fix if needed

#1009 3 years ago

one of the reasons why i pay a bit to have my distributer bring it into my basement. Anything big wrong hes taking it with him

#1015 3 years ago

ive used different distributers on my 3 games. Last two have been flipper fidelity out of PA. No issues there so far so have never had to make a stink. MY LE comes tomorrow and hoping its in good shape

#1061 3 years ago

Just got LE 32. The diverter is hitting the ramp a bit so i put some foam there.

Question. What is considered the “center ramp”. So many ramps here dont know where to shoot!

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The one in the middle
I believe it's the the one you hit with the upper flipper

Thats what I thought. So its a two step process. Get to upper flipper and then hit it.

#1069 3 years ago

My lineup is complete for now with LE 32. If I get another pin I need to sell my VPIN to make room, or take over my girls playroom(more likely). Played about 15 games so cant make informed opnion yet. My first thoughts are the thing is beautiful. The pink colors from ZombiYeti look so damn good. SternHD glass makes a big difference! The powder coating also looks and feels better when resting my hands on it.

The game is packed full of ramps and everything and shoots really smooth. I was able to do 4 loops in a row off the upper flipper. I have been able to hit lair here and there but mostly when its not lit! Still need to figure out what I need to do to progress as theres lots of things going on.

The spinner is awesome but soo many times it spins my ball into a sdtm drain.... I havent found the spinner to be noisy at all, but I do have the diverter hitting the ramp issue and put a bit of foam there.

My favorite thing so far is the ball launch. Its amazing! It goes up the ramp and around to left flipper which feels wonderful as oppossed to just going through an orbit.

Least favorite thing so far is how much the ball stops for things. Im a big fan of nonstop flipping without a lot of breaks, so this is a change Ill need to get used to.

Oh yea. 8 ball multiball is insane. Dont know how I feel about it yet!

Will be playing a lot tonight and getting more impressions.

20200716_181506903_iOS (resized).jpg20200716_181506903_iOS (resized).jpg
#1079 3 years ago

Yea while I think our 9k purchases should be flawless as well, I sell xray equipment to hospitals for 300k to 2million dollars and they are finicky as well. Many times adjustments need to be made on install or shortly after. So i guess it just happens. And people like to crap on stern but it happens from them all. Rick and morty had a bunch of finicky things, JJP has its issues as well.

Doesnt excuse it and its very frustrating when you spend a lot of money and its not flawless.

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting my LE tomorrow. Anything I should check/do before playing it? Sounds like there are a couple of issues to be aware of out of the box. Thanks!

Mostly it seems to check the diverter behind the turtle van. Check if its loose at all or if diverter is hitting the ramp. My diverter is hitting the ramp so i put some foam there and its fine

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Are three balls always locked in the van seems it would be cooler if just 1 and you lock the rest . Mine always seems to have.3

I believe that is correct.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

LE #123 reporting in! I got mine on Tuesday. I really wanted number 85, but wasn’t able to get it. Turtles was a huge part of my childhood growing up and I absolutely love this game! So far I haven’t seen any problems with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats an awesome looking lineup there. I really need to play HoH but theres not one close to me and everything is closed anyways.

#1117 3 years ago

1,2,3 foot is giving me problems. Hitting the right ramp to start is easy enough but then getting the middle ramp from there is hard. I guess best way to do it is to hit the orbit and have it come to the upper flipper and hit it through? Most times when I accomplish that I end up hitting the inner loop instead.

Speaking of the inner loop i LOVE krang in this game. Even taunting when you get your bonus cracks me up.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from Hewitttech:

Best luck with hitting #2 is to do it at the same time you hit #1. Or just hitting the right ramp/orbit again. If you are in 1,2,3 if you hit to the left orbit it will block and drop back to the upper flipper. Right now I can hit #1 and #2 back to back about 25% of the time. I am also hitting Krang as much as I can because the pop bonuses really help rack up the points and there are extra ball chances in there but I love his trash talk...lol[quoted image][quoted image]

yea when I try to do it at once I always end up hitting it into the loop instead or bricking.

#1123 3 years ago

Just noticed i have tech alerts for node board 1,8,9 as some others have. But game seems to be working...

Question. Can you only move the diverter at certain times in the game? Or can u hit that button at any time and itll move?

Nm when i close the door the errors go away

#1136 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I got mine today and checked it all over and this was in the coin box. Clearly for the diverter behind the van. Wtf. So I see I can take the coil out there has to be screw that goes into it. I don’t see that screw and will I have to take the whole ramp of to fix it?

I had one loose screw that was sitting on top of a speaker. Cant find anywhere it may go to so maybe someone dropped one and used another. Had a random screw in my deadpool as well

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I got a set of speaker lights installed. Green outer ring with blue pulsing and rotating motion.
[quoted image]

where to order these?

NM same site as the full boxy ones. Install easy?

#1173 3 years ago

Yea just watched zachs video. Super easy.

Side note. Coop is amazing. Played with my two girls 7 and 10 years old. The look on my 10 year olds face when she got pizza multiball. When the disc spun with the balls she thought that was the coolest thing. It really is cool.

#1183 3 years ago

What pitch has everyone been setting the game to? I have trouble hitting the right orbit and right ramp a lot. My bubble is just over the top line as i tend to like a bit steep

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

6.5 and playing well for me at that pitch.

Ok im closer to 7 i think

#1191 3 years ago

Having an issue with the turtle van once in a while. Seems like code that can be fixed. A ball will go into the van via the orbit and then the game will just stop for a minute. After waiting the game will do flipper and coil tests. On the third time it releases all the balls from the van finally. Anyone else?

Also my diveter has cut through the foam i put there. So i guess i need something stronger

#1212 3 years ago

The diverter eat through the very thin foam i put back there so i just put felt there instead. Will see how it goes

#1252 3 years ago

decided to bring my bubble more towards the middle(not all the way) and right after CRUSHED my hi score so far. put up just over 30m.

20200721_210605841_iOS (resized).jpg20200721_210605841_iOS (resized).jpg
#1255 3 years ago

im assuming like other newer games hi scores transfer over without having to manually save?

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Don't do it!
Game audio completely screwed up on LE after updating to 1.10.
Update itself went clean, got all successes. But now audio quality took a dive. Callouts, music, all sounds garbled (underwater effect).

anyone else?

#1279 3 years ago

Wondering how good my new hi score of 30.5 m is.(1.04 code). How is everyone doing out there?

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

My high score on that version was around 80m. I asked dead flip in another thread what his high score was, and he said he broke a hundred million a few times but he's more into progressing in the game. Anyway, I feel pretty good about 80 million. Be sure to post your high scores on pinside!
With the new software, looks like a strategy for high scores is going to change a bit. You can't rely on eating pizza, it seems like training is the way to go.

Yea I dont need to compare myself to deadflip! hehe. Love him but Im not "good" at pinball but I friggin love playing it.

#1322 3 years ago

This playfield really is packed. I went back to play my deadpool premium for first time since getting TMNT and it seemed so flat. Turtles has all this verticallity going on. Im sure when Ive gotten my fill of TMNT newness ill go back to my other pins but it really does seem like they have stepped up their game!

20200722_222449670_iOS (resized).jpg20200722_222449670_iOS (resized).jpg20200722_222455490_iOS (resized).jpg20200722_222455490_iOS (resized).jpg
#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else find the Final Battle mode incredibly lopsided. Phase 1 is simple to beat (better to play it till the end for higher scores, but simple nonetheless) and then 2 you have to hit every shot in the game with no ball save...

I havent gotten close to the final battle so Im looking forward to that at some point!

#1342 3 years ago

So is the second shot for 123 foot just the center ramp? Or does the inner loop suffice as well? Or do you have to do both in either order? Seems only center ramp suffices for me.

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

If you hit inner loop first you have to finish with the center ramp. If you hit center ramp first then you can finish with the left ramp (I believe).

This makes sense! When I get through it its all in one swoop usually. Right ramp, center then inner. Thanks

#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm naive. Does this exist? Is there a Stern fix or do I keep using mylar, band-aids, and foam pads to ensure no damage. By the way, does anyone have the link for how another pinsider used 5/8" wrench to tighten?
Thanks. Oh, by the way, I don't think I have ever played a pin as fast as this one.

if thats the fix I expect someone to come out and do it on my machine after paying 9k! I am not qualified to do that!

#1602 3 years ago

I have the diverter issue but thats it. Ive been lucky with my 3 nib sterns as the playfields have been great and even dimpling isnt bad at all. I just hope the real diverter fix isnt too complicated as Im not good messing with these things!

#1696 3 years ago

Are the ramps really tight shots? I get a lot of bricks. I keep fiddling with the pitch but cant find the right one. Just put the bubble exactly in middle earlier and will give that a go for a bit and see.

#1758 3 years ago

So how does playfield multiplier work? Do i have to press the middle button to activate it?

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Lair twice then hit the target

I mean once it says 2x playfield, does it start, or do I have to press the button to activate it when I want?

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Haha....that’s what I did. Went from 3 Arcade’s to 1 mame and 10 pins

Pretty much! Once the bug catches you its quick. I had a mame arcade I loved. Then got my first pin 1.5 years ago. Now have 4 pins and want more.....

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can’t you use the diverter anytime you want on the LE?

Not anytime. I believe when the button is purple you can use it

#2309 3 years ago

well I just replaced the balls that came with my LE and first game I beat my previous hi score(30M) by 50%(45m). Definetly was the balls holding me back....

Was frustrating that I hit 35m on ball 1 before my extra ball. and then only added 10m but it was my best game thus far.

#2435 3 years ago

have we come up with a consensus yet on ideal pitch for the game? Where the bubble should be? Ive tried all over the place and cant seem to find an ideal setup so I can hit each ramp(including center) with consistency. Also the left and right ramps seem to be sdtm drain monsters if you dont get all the way up...

Whats everyone have theirs setup as?

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

My pro is set at 6.6 according to my phone between the flippers. I can hit all ramps without issue, as long as I time the center ramp correctly of course.

measured on playfield or the glass? Is your bubble pretty dead center?

#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

With a digital level mine is about 6.6 also and I can backhand the left ramp. The game still plays crazy fast and I'm going to leave it because every time I change it even a little I can't hit the center ramp anymore.

Set to 6.6 and feels pretty good after a game. I always measure on PF as well with a digital level, just wanted to be sure. I definitely can not backhand the left ramp though.

Biggest frustration is the random bounces to the outlanes off posts and rubbers. I know some Refer to them as borg bounces. My first borg game! Almost reminds me of the SW left outlane, just gets there in different ways. Theres no option on tmnt to move the post to make easier. I usually move to the middle setting on my games.

So far best game is 45m with raph. But second best 30m. So not blowing this game up just yet. Need to get better at training.

#2445 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

See my post #2390 - it really helped with the left outlane drains.

Saw that. Also could add a thicker rubber to that post but Ive never really altered games in that way even with star wars. I feel like mentally i have to get over the hump the default way before i start changing things!

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Very tip of right flipper works for me!

This hardly works for me. Its usually a lucky backhand or just random. Maybe i need to watch deadflip play this game some more

#2449 3 years ago

This being my first LE was my first Stern HD glass pin. I guess Im a believer now and just ordered 2 more sheets of invisiglass for my deadpool and Star Wars Comic. Just makes it look so much nicer and had to have it..

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Update to post #2390 regarding bumper rubber added to reduce number of left outlane drains -
Update Results : After adding the bumper it has evened out Left and Right drains.
The next 104 balls played - 16 left, 17 right, and 71 center drains.
Looks like this has worked. Has cut down on ricochet type drains on the left side ....
(Previous tally before bumper 64 left, 19 right, 151 center at 234 balls played)
[quoted image]

im thinking about this now. you have a link to the exact part? How did you get it to stick?

#2498 3 years ago

anyone care to offer thoughts on game strategy to score higher? What to go for first, second, third, etc...thanks!

#2514 3 years ago

added a slightly bigger rubber to the post on left outlane. Hoping that evens out the drains a bit. Even before that my GC is 45m with Raph but those types of games are very few are far between!

Played a couple games with that added rubber and seems to be a bit better.

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I dont have my TMNT yet but it seems like the left outline might be a candidate for a Siamese post... I know a lot of folks use the same on Star Wars left outlane: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

I thought about doing that on MY Star Wars as well but ended up not doing it. I even bought the post but never installed.

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I wouldn't use that but I'm curious. Are you thinking about replacing the thin post and covering the art? It would look strange but I guess it would do the trick.
[quoted image]

Wierd, mine is a large thick post that covers the entire non art area. I think you have the wrong post? That outlane is massive!

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Pics of my premium art:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, just like my LE. His art is so great with the colors and looks even better with stern HD glass. Loved it so much on my LE i just bought 2 more sheets for my premiums.

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I replaced the black hard plastic post protectors with these thinner translucent rubber protectors that I bought for my Alice Cooper. These are about as thin as they make them but I was surprised the black protectors originally were hard plastics. The ball is a lot more forgiving and I’ve got that ramp more often. Definitely has helped with the bricks that drain
[quoted image]

What size post is that? Im going to order some replacements as well as that shot bricks all the time...

#2645 3 years ago

My lineup right now. Just added invisiglass to the DP and SW today(not pictured)

20200716_194122267_iOS (resized).jpg20200716_194122267_iOS (resized).jpg
#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

We picked her premium yesterday.
Great big shout out to Zach and Nicole at Flip N Out!
[quoted image]

man I wish my wife were into pinball. Congrats! My wife hates it and doesnt understand why I need more than one 9 thousand dollar toy!

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

This is why stern need to produce a Spandau ballet pin. Jokes aside but if you can find a theme that resonates it helps. I don’t think Iron Maiden is going to convert many wives.
Can you drop 9k on something she likes to sweeten the deal?
Edit: in something other than pinball that is.
Double Edit: just looked at your games room pic again. You’re doing alright! You must be feeling the love from your wife! Nice lineup, sorry I thought you only had 2, was looking at your Pinside ownership count

Oh yea i guess i need to update that. The 4th on the right is a virtual. Id like about 5 real pins. The one theme that i think shes let me get no matter what is harry potter. Come on JK/wb sell someone the license!

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Audits here currently are:
Total plays: 207
Left drains: 132 (29%)
Center drains: 253 (55%)
Right drains: 73 (16%)
I am set at 6.5 degrees pitch, leveled left to right. Controlling the ball in this game is key, but that's rather tricky to do because things move so quickly and come back to you so aggressively, whether via a bricked shot or just from the natural flow of the game. It doesn't help that, even with the plumb bob on the lowest setting, the game is still hyper sensitive to tilt warnings/tilt, which makes slap saving (which frequently need to be big slaps) dangerous, and of course, the outlanes don't really allow for juggling and spitting the ball back out. If it reaches the outlane, and it's GOING to reach the outlane, then RIP.
It doesn't help that I'm really stubborn, and am very reluctant to do things that aren't "how the game was meant to be played," i.e. adding a double post, or a band on the outlane, or a bouncy knob on the outlane wall, etc. I feel bad enough altering any settings, like ball save timer increases, or changing Replays to Extra Balls. I feel like it invalidates my play if I change things, because I'm not "actually playing the game," if that makes sense. I know those settings are there for people to use as they like, but I dunno. I'm a Dark Souls player, and a software engineer, if that gives you any insight into my "I will continue to ram my head into this wall until I break through, rather than go around it" type of personality...which is exhausting!

Hehe Im the same way and I never thought of it like my dark souls/demon souls/bloodborne obsession. Those games are brutal but they make you better instead of just making your player over powered. I actually just started mortal shell which is a souls clone and Im not in love with it. But Im like you and dont like to add extra posts or extra balls etc. Ive had deadpool almost 2 years now and I still havent beaten it because I wont do more than 3 balls! At least with TMNT you can do 4 player coop with youself. I havent done that yet.

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just finished installing my first mod...Krang has landed! Now when a Krang hurry up is running I’ll know to focus on his loops.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn u and your 78 million! This game is really starting to frustrate me. Its reminding me im not good at pinball. Just so many random bounces that jump directly to the side outlanes in this game. Its frustrating!

#3015 3 years ago

As someone did a few pages ago I just replaced the post rubbers the game comes with. MY GOD they are hard as rocks. I played a few games after replacing and dont notice much difference, maybe the right ramp is a bit more forgiving...

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're not really post rubber, they're post sleeves. They're supposed to be hard, not spongy like rubber.

Ah that makes sense. Im just trying to limit the crazy bounces to the outlanes.

#3020 3 years ago

what are the screens above each pin? Is that showing whats going on so people can watch everything? If so thats fucking awesome. How is it done?

#3023 3 years ago

that is fucking awesome. love it

#3040 3 years ago

one thing I wish would be added is some actual points for hitting the inner loop over and over on ball launch. you can do like 7 loops and get about 700 points.... Even the middle ramp on this doesnt give you much.

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

The previous code update i was able to calibrate each position of the glider but no longer will the game allow me to change them. When in settings if changing for example far left when enter is hit it goes to center calibration. Dont know if this is a LE issue or if others have this problem. Also just doubled checked and looks like we will be getting the technodrome topper for turtles![quoted image]

Oh thats kind of like a mix of R2D2 topper and black knight. I bet the eye moves around looking at you. I like this...

#3104 3 years ago

My center ramp has not been registering sometimes. Like when i hit it right after hitting the right ramp for 123. Its not all the time but annoying when i execute perfectly and dont get credit.

Whats the mech that makes the game recognize you have hit that shot? This started happening when i tightened a loose screw on the bottom post of the center ramp.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Gotta say I'm honestly surprised by all of the Le's up for sale. Are people that tired of the game already?

Game is hard. I think thats 90% of it. It frustrates the hell out of me but I keep coming back to it....

#3153 3 years ago

Dont think anyome replied to my center ramp issue. Sometimes it doesnt register hitting it. Mainly when hitting it right after the right ramp. Anyone else have this?

What is the mechanism that registers center ramp hits?

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

I think Jurassic Park is a bit harder than TMNT. The two games play so differently. After a couple weeks or hard core play on my TMNT Pro, I can tell you it's easier than JP but much much harder than Deadpool, Munsters, and Star Wars for reference....

MUCH harder than Star Wars as I own both. Deadpool isnt anywhere near either in difficulty(own that as well). I like my LE, but tmnt has been very frustrating for me. I suck at it!

#3236 3 years ago

Yes but it may make the shots hit more. I believe im at 6.6 right now

#3272 3 years ago

Im getting avengers as well but holding on to my tmnt. I need to get better at this game. And unless avengers has coop(havent shown yet) its missing a big feature from tmnt.

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Had a fun game on my TMNT pro tonight. I used Raphael and played a 3 ball one player game with extra balls on. My game has super bands on the flippers. I made it to the final battle(finished it)and have to say that it was pretty intense and a really fun mode. I didn’t get to see Cowabunga but I got the feeling that I’ll see it soon. The only objectives I was missing was the max-Krang & triple-super....I guess next pin session.

Wow that is a game! My best is 45m and i havent come close since. Question. What pitch do you have your machine set to? I keep fiddling with mine.

#3332 3 years ago

so Im still having trouble with my center ramp registering. It registers now like 50% of the time. This didnt happen when I had the game set steeper so maybe I need to move the legs back up.

My question is what is the device/switch that recognizes when the ball successfully hits the center ramp? Where is it? Can anyone provide a pic with an arrow?

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe it's at the exit of the center ramp where the plastic ramp transitions to metal rails and the opto pair is. If you go into switch test mode and trigger it with your finger, you can verify that.
After you verify the optos work, might want to try wiggling the wires to each opto in the pair while in switch test mode to see if there's an intermittent connection.

Great, I will try this. Its so disheartening when i do 123 foot perfectly and I dont get credit!Didnt start happening until I changed post rubbers so maybe I hit something

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe it's at the exit of the center ramp where the plastic ramp transitions to metal rails and the opto pair is. If you go into switch test mode and trigger it with your finger, you can verify that.
After you verify the optos work, might want to try wiggling the wires to each opto in the pair while in switch test mode to see if there's an intermittent connection.

It seems the ramp is only messing up during 123 foot. Im guessing this is a 1.21 bug. Didnt happen before the update

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m at 6.9/7 up top and 6.8 at the bottom next to the flippers. When I started “final battle” I noticed that I actually finished 7 of the 8 episodes so that probably helped.

Thats how i keep my other games but the speed of tmnt made me go lower like 6.5/6.6. Ill try making it higher and see how it goes.

How are the outlanes at that pitch? Im guessing a little less side to side action could help

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't noticed any issue finishing 1-2-3 foot with 1.21 on a Pro. Has anyone else?

Pretty much anytime i hit right ramp and hit center ramp right after it doesnt register.

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the ball's going really fast around that center ramp?
I'd suggest slo-mo filming that opto area with your phone while you hit that ramp with switch mode active in the tests. You can feed the ball and see what switches are activating when you hit the ramp (and when they don't activate despite the ball passing the optos). If it's not a software bug, maybe it's either jumping the optos from the speed of that corner having the ball crawl up the wall, or it's going so fast the optos are missing it.
Slo-mo and diagnosing in switch test mode while you make that shot over and over should narrow this down.

Was thinking of doing this. Wierd as it only started happening after software update/and or putting new post sleeves on. I did both at same time.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same issue here Pizza shot rattles off the left flipper, it’s better off a trap but rattles every time off a rolling flip. Great game but yeah that LAIR shot is a real buzz killer when you need to make that shot.
And is it just me or does it feel like the game is too fast/hard for the theme, my son struggles to get anything going on ours, which is why I just sold my LE to a friend to buy an AIQLE.

Ive thought about that too. The game being too hard for the theme. Then again these are the original turtles we had as kids in the 80s. So you could expect an older audience.

This game does kick my ass and I will admit Ive thought about finding a trade partner! I have AIQ premium coming as well so Ill probably hold off a decision until that comes.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Game is definitely difficult and frustrating at times. It's so fast and if u miss a shot the left outlane will suck it up lol.

Yea. Miss the right ramp? Bang to the left outlane. It hits the top of the right sling? To the left outlane! No soup for you!

#3375 3 years ago

folks who have really scored well in this game(50m plus). Whats your strategy? I got 45m with raph once but it was random. Is it just progressing episodes and doing training? Or is it timing the playfield multiplier(dunno how multiplier really works yet) with multiball?

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Hungriest left Outlane I’ve ever experienced in pinball. I fixed it last night tho. 3rd game, 2 player co-op, got over 150m ! Look at the difference in right and left Outland drains. This is not normal.
Games growing on me, was super frustrating for a while.

Thats an amazing score though. 3 balls?

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

2 player coop. Used Mikey and Raph. Got to final battle... as you can see

missed that. makes me feel a bit better! I need to start doing Coop with myself(sounds dirty) so I can see more of the game...45m is my best solo and second best is 32m so it was really a one off.

1 week later
#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Fixes left outlane. Same as right outlane now. Used a Siamese starpost. Marcos sells them. [quoted image][quoted image]

My first thought was that you put the toothpick there so no balls would make it through. Ha!

I bought the siamese post with the intention on using it on my star wars but never did. Maybe ill use it here at some point

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So my distro supplied me with a new pizza disc and decal. I level it by eye and the balls catching so it’s a bit low. I get out my square and make sure it is as level as can be. I have a weird thing with the bracket where the top bolt attachment moves easily. But the bottom one is stiff to the point where I have to give it small taps to adjust with the blunt end of a shifter. Anyway. Thought it’s all good. Tighten it up. Play a game. The pizza disc is tight up against the playfield at 4 o’clock. And it’s dropped at that point. Funny thing is the attachment points are 7:30 and 1:30. So why is it low from 4 o’clock to 7. I am really confused and scared I am just going to destroy another weldment. Going to get a tech in. Has anybody else got discs that loo like this? Or have one side of the bracket super tight that makes it hard to adjust?
Here’s a pic of how the disc looks now on the playfield. Will stop playing until it’s corrected. [quoted image]

mine looks like that as well, but i havent had any issues

#3608 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think this is probably just the opto not registering at the exit of the center ramp on really fast balls. Cover the bottom half of the opto sender and receiver circle with duct tape (or anything that's not transparent or opaque) and see if that helps registration of fast balls. It's worked on other games with similar issues.
I wonder what the frequency of the opto polling is?

any chance you can provide a picture of what you mean?

#3626 3 years ago

Questions. What action collects pizza toppings? And are they random?

Second. What are the jackpot shots in the various multiballs? Its always to frantic for ne to look up. So during pizza and tmnt MB modes what is my overall objective?

#3631 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I'll take a swing at it.
TPMB lights all the turtle shots (same as their skill shots, arrows indicated by turtle color) and some green shots for Jackpots. 4 collected shots (I think) lights the inner loop for super. Triple Super/Mondo is then lit at the Lair shot. Collecting all 4 turtle shots and then hitting right ramp will add a ball -- infinitely, I think. I've added 2-3 balls this way in a single MB.

thanks to both of you. Ive been doing this but find it super hard to hit the center loop/lair while juggling other balls! With two balls its more makable.

#3646 3 years ago

I believe 6.5 is the prevailing wisdom. I usually go steeper but after moving to 6.5 its been more enjoyable for me

#3667 3 years ago

even my titan standards may be starting to magnetize. Just had two balls brought into the shooter lane today. Only once though so well see what happens.

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

What was wrong with the playfield?! About to purchase a pro and wanna know what you look out for

probably the print quality. There have been reports of some playfields printing not being great.

1 week later
#3982 3 years ago

i really want to get the center ramp anti airball plastic but it hasnt been available in the states yet....So many of my center ramp shots dont register because ball goes over the opto....

#3984 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you have it hit the up down stopper thing? If mine is going so fast it hits the bottom of that. I put the tape on the optos, that helps a bit. If I find it is still not registering I will try to make one out of the polycarbonate sheeting I have.

I have no clue what you are suggesting(sorry!). Mind showing pics?

#3992 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I so rarely hit this ramp at speed. But just had a game where I did and optos even half covered did not register. I will make a shield and post. Also when going fast the ball hits the bottom of this. And I checked whether the modded glider pulls the metal stop down. It doesn’t. So definitely air ball problem. [quoted image]

from what i can tell the ball travels so fast it hugs the side of the ramp and goes over the switch that recognizes the shot. am i right? Airball plastic should help this. On a medium speed shot its always fine. I typically go right ramp to center ramp and its pretty fast....

#4003 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Done
[quoted image]

any chance you can make a few and make them available on ebay or something? Though I see you are in Austrailia so may not be worth the shipping. I dont have those kind of skills!

#4004 3 years ago

NM. I just ordered some sheets of the polycarb. Ill try making a cardboard stencil and go from there.

#4010 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I can scan both with measurements if you like. I just cut the polycarbonate with scissors. So easy. I have a craft small hole punch to start the holes and use this as a pilot to drill 4mm screw holes. The poly has protective coating on both sides. It’s thin enough that it bends to whatever attachment points you use. Downside is it needs at least 3 attachment points because it is not as thick as the PETG. It is UV resistant so hopefully does not colour. I’ve had one on the front of my turtle power ramp for a few weeks, no scratches and looks as good as the factory made shields.
Give me a hour or so and I will send the templates. I will also report to stern. Maybe they can make them out of PETG going forward.
Rob mentioned earlier that maybe only the pro has this problem. I suspect that as pro owners we don’t have the ball jump out of the left wireform Near the third flipper because our wireform is different than the premium/Le. The end of the diverter seems to be higher at that point.

I have an LE and the center ramp registers only about 50% of time when hitting it with speed. My guess is it needs to be at an exact perfect pitch to avoid this...

#4011 3 years ago

Ok i just spent 2 hours playing the machine and messing with pitch tonight. Re-calibrated pinguy app and got it perfect 6.5 at flippers and level. PROBLEM SOLVED! center ramp is 100% perfect now. So i guess this machine is kind of like deadpool in that it has to be perfectly setup.

Side note. Played co-op by myself for first time. this may actually be my preferred way to play going forward. Was able to complete a bunch of episodes that way. Anyways glad I finally have this thing dialed in. I will admit I got side tracked for a week as I acquired a wonka a week ago and have been binging that....

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d be interested to hear how it goes, I’ve never had an issue with them. I’ve been using them in XMEN LE, Stanger Things, WCS and never had an issue.

titan balls have been fine for me. Its been about a month since I put them in.

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you used the Titan standard shiny balls? I have yet to hear a report of those becoming magnetized in any game.

these have been fine for me in tmnt

#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally got a few pictures of Krang without the glass...and had a decent game yesterday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

decent game? You bastard. hehe. best Ive done is 45m and 2nd is 31m. Game is hard!

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This pin definitely tests your reactions because of how fast it is. I think a good way to attack this pin is to find the left ramp, right ramp and pizza parlor shot and once you’re comfortable with those shots the game will open up. If you can finish modes it usually leads to getting decent scores especially if you get to Team Up and Final Battle.

Yea Im starting to think I need to ignore 123 foot and weapon modes and just go complete episodes. this way get to team up and open multiball again

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Training is a pretty important factor if you’re looking for a higher score.

agree. only get it every so often

#4177 3 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions to make the entrance to right and center ramps more forgiving? Ive changed the sleeves but that hasnt helped. It takes an absolute perfect shot to get them up either ramp(im at 6.5). Just so many shots rattle and reject or hit post and go straight to outlane.

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I find it easier to backhand both ramps (def doable for the left at 6.5)

Backhanding the right is easier for me at 6.5. I usually dont make it all the way up the left backhand. Those posts are just rattle fests when you do shot from opposite flipper

#4185 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I sent Stern a slow-motion video of this exact issue on my machine a month ago. They said they were looking into it. The ball was hanging the top of the ramp and going completely over the switch.

Yea i mentioned that a while ago. Some folks are making plastics to prevent that. At 6.5 degrees it isnt happening much anymore.

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Ditto on that, I love this game and it will stay in my collection. My only real gripe other than the glider breaking is the foot combo. I feel that it pops up too much. I couldn't tell you how many times its screwed me out of a lair shot or MB. And maybe that left drain haha

totally agree. Dwight needs to lighten up on 123 foot.. And one mode should never make another mode unhittable. Like weapon should not make training be unhittable(i think thats the case)

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Checked my audits today and found double the amount of left drain as right. I put the rubber drawer bumper on the side and it def seems to make the ball drain less. Now we watch and see. Cheap and easy fix

can you link to the exact part you used? And how did you affix it?

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

No probs. It’s been posted by others including myself! No dummies here just pinheads! Enjoy your 2vs2.

I saw the original post but havent seen someone actually link the part they used for left outlane. Not the siamese post, the bumper.

#4235 3 years ago

OH! hehe. thought was a modified pinball part.

#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I find all the episodes have heaps of variety. Mousers is over so quick so you better get control of the ball quick or be in mb.
How did you find the final battle? Has it got spark?
For some reason I still find the right ramp tough.

right ramp rattles around a lot. it is tough for sure.

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

A few weeks ago I stuck a very thin piece of foam tape to my left inside of playfield at the Outlane. My outlane drains were 783 left, 176 right and like 1200 center. It makes a mild difference, it’s still brutal but seems a lot more fair imo. It’s my game,I’ll do what I want! . Put up 66m last night . 15m higher than previous GC. 2 shots away from final battle.

thin but probably bouncy so would make a difference. I may consider doing this. thanks and good score.

#4325 3 years ago

Kanedas overall point was the game is too hard for the theme. But I dont know if I agree as this is the original turtles and not the latest iteration of them. The game is very hard and as he said adding a movable post on the left would help.

Im not a great player and tend to move my posts to the easier positions.

Might try the button thing in the left outlane today. Or the foam tape.

11 months later
#7404 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

I just got my pro the other day and it's my first spike 2 game. When it's in attract mode there's a periodic whirring/humming noise coming from what seems to be the power supply fan. Is this normal? I've never heard of this happening before.

all newer stern games do this. There is a mod you can do for quieter fan, maybe pinmonk sells them?

1 year later
#9857 1 year ago

I think many like myself played this game, found it frustratingly hard(that damn left outlane) and rated it meh. I can say I was an LE owner at launch. It was my 3rd pin and I was not “good” at pinball yet. The game is beautiful, the layout is awesome, and I got super frustrated playing the game. Plus the middle ramp was not registering my shots many times(im guessing the shot is too fast for the opto?).

Anyways I got super frustrated and sold the game quick. Took a decent loss.

Now its years later. I own a bunch of games and Id like to own tmnt le again. I want to see how I fare now that I am “decent” at pinball. Just waiting for a well priced premium/le in my area at some point.

#9861 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

And have you updated your rating on Pinside to account for this change of heart? Your current rating sits at 8.436. Is that a reflection of this new love or the old “not good at pinball yet” mentality?. I would be interested to know.

Isnt an 8.4 a pretty good rating? I dont do ratings much even on games Ive owned. I think ive only really rated a handful. Ive played it on location just a few times since and I think that rating is probably about right or maybe a bit high. If I do re-aquire the game I guess I can re-review it. I never said I had new love for the game, but if I re acquire it I could see myself falling in love I guess. Time/market will tell!

#9862 1 year ago

Since Im sitting at my kids softball tournament between games and bored Im adding ratings to other games Ive owned. I have tmnt rated over Ehoh, Avengers, GnR so I think my rating is more than fair. If I come
To own it again Ill go back and update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,500 (OBO)
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.