(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mahony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just got confirmation my Pro has shipped.

Just received my shipping notification and tracking number for TMNT PRO this morning. I ordered mine on July 23rd. Tracking info has not updated. I'm guessing it drop shipped from Stern in IL. Now I just have to wait the week for it to reach me in California.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Lol... I watched that for like 45 seconds before realizing it was a gif.

I was watching it thinking someday I'll be that good.

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How the hell can you justify rating a game you have never played?

I agree with that. I have watched every single video on TMNT that exists (not really but close). I have read all forums posts regarding TMNT and I'm saving my review until my machine arrives next week. Just saying I would buy a game I've never played, before I would review a game I've never played.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thanks! Cool, as long as it's not raining. They weren't joking when they said curbside delivery.
As a follow up, I called Pilot Air but there is no record of a shipment coming to my address. I guess it could be another shipping company.

Even though I ordered my TMNT PRO a few weeks ago, for some reason it went from Stern (Chicago) to the distributor (Georgia) and now it's being shipped to my house (California) using Roadrunnner freight which kinda scares me based on reviews I've seen of Roadrunner Freight. My closest distributor wanted $500 more than the guy in Georgia, and I would have had to drive 3.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Classic Game Rooms?

So far they've been great. All of my questions were answered quickly. They set the expectation upon payment of 10-14 days before it would ship and it shipped on the 10th day. So far no complaints at all. They emailed me on the 10th day, I didn't even have to ask for a tracking number.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

I also got the inkjet effect (just enough to add more salt to the wound left by the unsoldered cable)! I dont mind the grainyness as much as the banding that happens in solid colors like the sky

May I ask what your build date is?

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

LF fan replacements. Loving the game, but what options do we have for fans that don't sound like a leaf blower during idle runtime?

Something like this?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you take the protective plastic off the T-molding? It looks like one side has it off and the other 3 still have it on, changing the color.

You seem to be right. I clicked on the pic with the heads down, zoomed in and you can see the protective plastic on all of them except the one that's different.

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Grainy art doesn't bother me either Game plays great!

When viewing from a normal playing angle is it noticeable?

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Love mine, no issues, just plain fun. It’s always great to hear non owners bitch about stern quality in the owners only thread. I get it, you won’t buy one because of the poor quality.
Also, I thought there was forum already setup to complain about stern quality issues.

Completely valid points.

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I spoke with someone from Stern a few weeks ago. They told me that they would be manufacturing Premiums from Aug 11th-20th. The first 1/3 of those manufactured are reserved for distribution overseas.
I bought my Premium from Flip N Out Pinball. Anyone know if Stern drops ships with them, or does it go Stern->Flip N Out-> my home?

I ordered my PRO before the build date. Mine was shipped from Stern, to the distributor, then to my home. Around the same time I emailed FlipnOut pinball and they told me it would be around October before I would receive my PRO, I ended up going with another dealer who shipped on august 3rd. I played a few games for the fist time last night and I love it.

#2327 3 years ago

I set the game up last night and I'm loving it. A pinball buddy stopped by to play and really enjoyed the game as well. There is a washer under my star post with no sign of pooling. I'm unable to tell if the artwork is grainy from my normal playing position. I look at it up close and it looks good to me. Only minor complaint I have is the lockdown bar feels a bit long on it. It fits snug on the left side, but extends past the machine by a quarter of an inch on the right side leaving a small gap. When I ordered the machine I tried several dealers to see who could give me the quickest delivery. I ended up going with Classic Game Rooms out of Georgia. In July I was told it would ship between August 3rd and Aug 7th. It shipped to me on August 3rd. My major concern was damage during shipping coming from GA to California. To my surprise the box had extra cardboard added to protect the original box and cardboard corner supports added to all 4 corners. I've never purchased a NIB before so I'm unable to compare distributors. Jason answered all of my emails quickly, set the proper expectation on when it would be shipped, and then sent tracking info the day it shipped.

20200812_094131.jpg20200812_094131.jpg20200812_103510.jpg20200812_103510.jpg
#2358 3 years ago

I'm guessing the hole under the start button is for a tournament button? If this is the case any suggestions on an actual button? I would want a round one to match the start button. I looked around and could only find square shaped ones.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'm putting an external volume control in that hole.

I was going to grab the headphone jack/volume control that fits in the bill validator slot. I kinda like the idea of a tourney button, I just want a round one

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You have a couple of different tourney button options. There is the official Stern offering. As you said, it is square and even more off putting is how bulky it is and the way it protrudes out from the cabinet. It's obvious that it was not made for the current cabinets and I'm still hoping they will redesign them to look right on the current cabinet type.
The other option is an aftermarket button sold by someone here on pinside. It is round and looks much more fitting with the current cabinet type. The issue with it is...it doesn't fit and requires that you bore out the tourney button hole in your cabinet to make it fit. It seems a bit pricey too....but what really put me off was the idea of having to bore out the tournet button hole and therefore taking away any chance of going back to the plug or even one of the other aftermarket things you can normally install in that tourney button hole.
So I'm waiting for a more (visually) fitting Stern button or more (physically) fitting aftermarket button.

It looks like I'll be waiting as well. Thanks for the reply!

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just put a flipper rubber over it. Haha
[quoted image]

I just did this same thing to my TMNT. Thanks for the tip.

#2597 3 years ago

Anyone know where this topper comes from? The picture is from a user on reddit.

efw1siwj6vh51.jpgefw1siwj6vh51.jpg
#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Can someone point me to where you are getting your Shooter Lane Protectors? I know Pinball Universe has some but I'm not sure I want to order from the UK and wait (I'm in the US). I've definitely noticed a little wear in the lane and want to try to get a jump on this.

They're listed under "See what's new" on Cliffys website.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/TMNT-ejects-drains.jpg

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Guys, ready for tomorrow new TMNT code update?

Where did you hear this information? I did not see any new code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mahony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=mahony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.