(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maffewl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8581 1 year ago

Cowabunga dudes. Finally in the club!

B3AE0D9D-5126-4861-B690-24487A57CC4F (resized).jpegB3AE0D9D-5126-4861-B690-24487A57CC4F (resized).jpeg
#8600 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Does anyone do an airball protector for the right ramp? I seem to be getting quite a few airballs on the right ramp from the left flipper since installing the pinmonk fans. Already at 7 degrees. I could turn down the left flipper power but then I might not be able to backhand the left ramp. Thanks!

If there isn’t one already, I’m sure that I can create something. I’ll wait to see if one is already out there as I don’t want to impede on someone else’s work.

#8613 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

ah yes this one, i got this one too, helps for airballs in the curve and opto there.
i made another just at the beginning of the ramp, i got airballs there, tangling up in the turtle sign there.

I’m working on one for the entry to the ramp. May be a bit as I’ve torn my machine down for cleaning and will need to test, but it is in progress.

#8629 1 year ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

trying to put plastic protector on the slings is being more of a PITA than I was expecting! what is the trick to getting the post off the plastic under the washer??
[quoted image]

Looks like the post nut is too tight and is turning the post. You’ll need a 1/4” wrench to hold the post still while you loosen the nut. If you don’t have space for the wrench at the top, you can use vice grips on the post to hold it still. If you leave marks on the post itself, it won’t matter as the post goes in the plastic sleeve.

1 week later
#8666 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I'm with you, had I known that it sounded like the machine is coming apart I would have not bought one.

You can adjust the weights so it doesn’t rattle the house. It makes it much more of a rumble than a rattle.

2 weeks later
#8783 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I don’t play and still want pizza.

#8788 1 year ago

Has anyone hooked up an external powered sub to their TMNT via the bottom of the cab sub (piggybacking the sub terminals - parallel)? Mine makes a static noise on startup that goes away and then again even if the machine is turned off. This is the first machine that I’ve had this issue with. Same setup on others and same tie in. Any help is appreciated.

#8815 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

What are some settings people are using to ease the difficulty of this game?

Someone posted this earlier in the thread. This is simply the best mod for the left outlane drains. I just checked my audits. 18 Left drains, 23 right drains, and 143 center drains since I rebuilt my machine (I tear everything down and build to like new when I buy used, ocd). I’ve posted an image and link to what I used. It works really well. Otherwise, agree with others on battle again lane switch.

07024C7A-5BF0-4738-B29A-CD9E2FC74B55 (resized).jpeg07024C7A-5BF0-4738-B29A-CD9E2FC74B55 (resized).jpegFA5B9AB2-FCAF-4A97-8AAE-CE3F494333E1 (resized).jpegFA5B9AB2-FCAF-4A97-8AAE-CE3F494333E1 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#8933 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

1-2-3 foot is hard as F so it should be worth more for sure

This x a billion.

#8934 1 year ago

This whole game is hard AF. But anything to increase the scoring of a center ramp or Krang loop combo to equal the feeling of actually hitting it would be awesome.

#8971 1 year ago

Curious if anyone has the Michelangelo and Donatello plastics by the flippers that they want to sell?

#8977 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I would have to go pretty far back but there was definitely someone in this thread who removed theirs to install a mod and then asked if anyone was interested in buying them.

Thanks. Looks like they posted a year ago in Post 4046. They were wanting $50 per piece which is way out of my price range. Appreciate the heads up though. If anyone else has them and looking to sell, let me know.

#9003 1 year ago

Hey everyone. Thought I’d share something I’ve been working on. This is my 3rd prototype but thinking it’s going to be the one.

Turtle Power ramp airball deflector.

I’m using only the posts for support which has introduced the challenges that made prototypes 1 and 2 not work as well, but what I love about that approach is that it protects the plastic ramp from absorbing damage. Will keep y’all in the loop as I test, but this one feels promising. I should be able to get something on the market soon!
3C81F164-4674-4081-BA19-7E764BF6A465 (resized).jpeg3C81F164-4674-4081-BA19-7E764BF6A465 (resized).jpeg84DC2839-2E99-4EDE-BB16-97D99F3101C4 (resized).jpeg84DC2839-2E99-4EDE-BB16-97D99F3101C4 (resized).jpegA505C1E3-F660-464F-9FBE-06FDF66D1F4C (resized).jpegA505C1E3-F660-464F-9FBE-06FDF66D1F4C (resized).jpeg

#9006 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can someone check to see if the pizza slice LED light insert and add time LED light insert stay on when all the other lights go out? Mine stay on, not fully lit, but always on. Maybe they’ve always done that and I never noticed?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They shouldn’t always be on and are independent of each other. My guess is (without lifting the hood) that they are on the same LED board and that may be bad on yours. Just a guess though without looking.

Edit. Looks like your Turtle Power light is on as well. This should be independent too.

13FA95EF-A416-4F72-97F4-1CE1D3662ABE (resized).jpeg13FA95EF-A416-4F72-97F4-1CE1D3662ABE (resized).jpegEFD28B0C-F364-48BE-A2B2-DD31BAD0B990 (resized).jpegEFD28B0C-F364-48BE-A2B2-DD31BAD0B990 (resized).jpegF481D7EB-9CBF-44DA-AA55-ACBBB1B97DFB (resized).jpegF481D7EB-9CBF-44DA-AA55-ACBBB1B97DFB (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#9122 1 year ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

I'm renting a turtles at the moment and have a couple issues and looking for suggestions.
Sometimes the van shot will award itself for no reason. Seems like a phantom switch activation, but is very annoying. In my video you can see this happen at the 6 minute mark. All three ball locks are awarded and multi-ball starts. Shortly after starting Turtle Power multi-ball, in the same video, at 8:18, you can see the game resets.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1523648421?t=00h05m55s

Would be good to send the video of the TPMB crash to Stern. I know it’s widely reported but videos may help them dissect the issue.

#9141 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

How has it been working? Going to add to the market place? Interested to hear.

Thanks for asking! Looks like this is the one and I'll be adding to the Market soon. I'm also creating some oozed inlane/sling protectors and an oozed edition nameplate backer. See images below.

All that to say, there will be a TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector on the Market shortly. For those that have read this far and are speedy, I have 3 airball deflectors currently ready to ship, and 1 full set of oozed protectors and nameplate backer in fluorescent green ready to ship. I'll reserve 1 of the airball deflectors for you MWM82 to say thanks for checking in and posting in the thread. Price will be $10 for the TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector, and $25 for the full set of inlane/sling/nameplate (5 pieces) oozed protectors. Shipping is $5 and I can combine. PM me for more information.

IMG_4288 (resized).JPEGIMG_4288 (resized).JPEGIMG_4285 (resized).JPEGIMG_4285 (resized).JPEGIMG_4287 (resized).JPEGIMG_4287 (resized).JPEGIMG_4282 (resized).JPEGIMG_4282 (resized).JPEGIMG_4284 (resized).JPEGIMG_4284 (resized).JPEGEdition Plate Ooze (resized).jpgEdition Plate Ooze (resized).jpgIMG_4274 (resized).JPEGIMG_4274 (resized).JPEGIMG_4275 (resized).JPEGIMG_4275 (resized).JPEGIMG_4276 (resized).JPEGIMG_4276 (resized).JPEG
#9142 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for asking! Looks like this is the one and I'll be adding to the Market soon. I'm also creating some oozed inlane/sling protectors and an oozed edition nameplate backer. See images below.
All that to say, there will be a TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector on the Market shortly. For those that have read this far and are speedy, I have 3 airball deflectors currently ready to ship, and 1 full set of oozed protectors and nameplate backer in fluorescent green ready to ship. I'll reserve 1 of the airball deflectors for you MWM82 to say thanks for checking in and posting in the thread. Price will be $10 for the TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector, and $25 for the full set of inlane/sling/nameplate (5 pieces) oozed protectors. Shipping is $5 and I can combine. PM me for more information.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That didn't take long... ooze protectors claimed and 1 TPMB ramp protector remaining ready to ship.

Don't let that stop you if you are interested though, PM me and I'll have more made.

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I haven’t really noticed any airballs from the tpmb ramp. What’s causing the airballs? The posts?

It happens so fast that you won't notice it until your training gate gets smashed and potentially cracks either the plastic or the ramp where it's attached. What happens is that the ball races up the ramp and gets airborne on its way up due to the sharp angle transitioning from the playfield to the ramp. It quite frequently gets enough air to hit the training gate and its components. Eventually, something will break. This airball deflector mounts to the posts (so no impact on the ramp at all) and keeps the ball on the ramp so that it can't get airborne in the first place.

#9145 1 year ago

Accidental double post.

#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I'm having a weird issue with my machine. (TMNT Pro)
I turn my machine on, and it appears to boot just fine. However the second I press the start button my machine freezes and the playfield lights turn off. And then after 10 or so seconds the whole game restarts. And then it'll do it again. Freezes when pressing the start. Eventually it will work after a few restarts and I can play a full game without issue.
I'm on the current code with the April mod from Scandell. Not sure If I need a new SD card or where I should start. I'm new to owning a pinball machine so hopefully this isn't a dumb question for a common problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd start with installing a new SD card. That is odd behavior that sounds software based.

3 weeks later
#9207 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Check my post #7759. I made an airball deflector and mounted it above the parlor lock. Works perfectly.

If this is a common issue and Jakers doesn’t mind me pursuing it, I can look into creating something for this area and adding it to the TPMB ramp airball deflector I’m in the process of making.

2 weeks later
#9250 1 year ago

I love the game, but am I the only one that isn't a big fan of so much dependence on the center ramp? It feels every mode needs it, and it's such a difficult shot. The points rewarded for hitting it don't feel equal to it's difficulty. Maybe it's just me.

#9259 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Great points aon the previous page regarding scoring. I just got a DP in my collection and am loving it and bouncing between the two. Yeah agree with the scoring, would be great to see it tweaked to the point that when you finish modes or challanges that you get a sense of accomplishment from hitting that last shot to finish it. (IMO) DP's mode scoring is awesome and TMNT could be tweaked to be similar. Still have it how it is(maybe just higher points for shots), but have that last shot a really valuable shot reward along with completing it.
Would also love to see heaps of ways of getting high scores with your name on the board. Highest amount of pizza eaten, Fastest Pizza eaten in time, Team up high score, high scores for each modes.
It'd have my kids coming back raging at each other to beat each other and play more = getting more pins in the collection!
Love, love love, TMNT.

I agree with the mini games and name on the board. That keeps people coming back because even if they aren’t great at the overall game, they have something that can can shoot for.

2 weeks later
#9366 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Stupid question here and I dont think it’s possible, but is there a way to stop the GI from turning off when doing certain things in the game? I have a very poorly lit room and when all the lights go out starting the weapon hurry up (or anything else), I might as well be playing blind. Kinda hard to hit the center ramp if you cant see the ball. Im guessing I just need the game to be well lit?

Take a look at the Poor Mans Stadium Lighting thread. I have it on all my games now and can’t imagine playing without it.

#9371 1 year ago

I love TMNT. It has such amazing potential with an extremely sought after license. Unfortunately the TPMB crash is enough of a problem by itself to tank its value and ultimate playability. It pains me so much to admit that as I love the license that much. But it is what it is, all the other items are nice to have fixes. The TPMB crash should be an absolute non-negotiable for Stern to fix. I can’t think of any reputable product manufacturer that would allow a key component of their product to fail and be like “oh well, it mostly works”.

#9430 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I think a couple months back I saw someone working on a plastic cover to prevent fly balls on the right ramp. Did anyone end up selling those? My game definitely needs it!

Yes. I have several of these made. We are in the process of moving so they are currently boxed up (also why they are not in the marketplace yet). Feel free to send me a PM to remind me and I’ll reach out here in a couple weeks once we are settled. Thanks!

1 month later
#9732 1 year ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Grandson playing in his Halloween costume. He is only 2 but he loves playing. Well let’s just say he loves beating the crap of the flipper buttons.
[quoted image]

Love it. This is also one of the reasons this title will be a sought after game. Mix the TMNT license with continued code love and a fast layout, and we have the makings of something special.

1 week later
#9818 1 year ago

I’ve owned both a Deadpool pro and a TMNT pro. You really can’t go wrong with either. Both are great and tons of fun. That said, I still own TMNT. Deadpool left months ago.

#9845 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

So GZ has shorter ball times than TMNT, and has gotten worse over time with code updates. And John Borg doesn't have any highly rated games. Metallica and rush definitely don't count. Got it.
It's ok to have a different opinion than most people without saying the ratings are completely flawed...

Agreed. And it’s also ok to realize that “most” is a relative term and say that both can be true.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maffewl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=maffewl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.