(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,055 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneekicklou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9157 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m hoping you guys can help steer me. I’ve played the game a few times on location and like the way it shoots. I’m not a great player and I’ve got young kids, just for some background.
From what I’ve read a couple of the big complaints are the left outlane drains and 123 foot.
Can the left outlane post be adjusted to close the gap?
Not sure what 123 foot is (can someone explain?). Has this been polished up with newer code?

I believe some people have added a rubber nub around the outlane to help with getting “Borged” on those drains.

The 1-2-3 foot is a rollover on one of the left in lanes, it starts a hurry up that you have to shoot three shots in a row to collect. Which wouldn’t be so bad except it kind of locks you out of most other things in the game.

2 weeks later
#9177 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a NIB TMNT Pro from a distributor?

Probably won’t find a NIB one until the next run later this year. You can usually find good deals on slightly used HUO ones if you look around.

#9196 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Personally, I was hoping that simpler issues like: the Marshmallow NPMB topping doing nothing, and the Team Up Perk for "I want a body" completing Team Up MB after a single rescue rather than just "Rescue Any Turtle" in the rescue phase, and the fact that the "Wrath of Krang" TUMB perk doesn't work properly either.
Too bad really, this would have been a good opportunity for some minor or subtle fixes, seeing as how an update is being released anyway. For example, AIQ and JP DID receive minor tweaks.

My wild speculation on this, is these are known issues and being worked on but Stern wanted to make a big splash releasing this update for all games at once. So those that had minor tweaks that were ready to go went and those with bigger things that need address like TMNT will get further updates. Dwight is also working on Mando, and probably a new game, so that might have got priority since it did get a larger update than TMNT.

Again just my theory.

1 month later
#9461 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

New update, looks like they doubled episode scoring!
PRO V1.53 - SEPTEMBER 12, 2022
==============================
**** FIXED ****
- Fixed the Achievement "A Team of Heroes". It will now give the achievement
after completing 4 episodes using all four shots.
- Fixed the Achievement "Team April". It will now award correctly if you
complete an April Hurry-Up during the Team-Up wizard mode.
- Fixed The Cooperative Achievement "Team Work Silver". In a three or four
player cooperative game, if a player completes the 3rd consecutive Weapon
Hurry-Up they will now collect this achievement correctly.
**** TWEAKED ****
- Changed how many times you need to train to enable Neutrino Pizza Party from
three to one.
- Doubled all the scores from Episodes.
- Reduced how fast Ninja Pizza Frenzy growes per switch and reduced the cap
from 10K to 8K per switch.

These all sound like great scoring tweaks to level out progression and multiball scoring.

1 month later
#9770 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Any suggestions for settings that woild allow my kids progress farther (while still keeping the game at three balls)?

Not 100% sure on turtles but on Godzilla there is a setting to only need 1 ramp to qualify mode start. There may be something similar on TMNT. Maybe mode qualify difficulty?

Also you can save separate settings to a USB stick, I have a 5 ball game setup for when I play with family and then a 3 ball normal settings group setup for myself. Its fairly easy to swap back and forth. The only gotcha is that if you want to keep high scores you need to save off the current settings before you load the other ones.

1 week later
#9835 1 year ago

Can you change the requirements for Cowabunga in the settings? I don’t own the game but was just curious it seems like a very hard mode to see.

3 weeks later
#10004 1 year ago
Quoted from jdebottis:

Thanks. I’m still fairly green with my pin owning. Any advice on how to increase play would be appreciated.

I’d try to put it in switch mode and start pounding balls and see if you can replicate it triggering that switch. If so maybe try to take a slow mo of the switch to see why it’s going off.

1 month later
#10213 1 year ago

I'm guessing the new Sd-Card should have reset to factory but is it possible competition mode is on?

1 week later
#10304 1 year ago

Yeah seems like a great deal, people say the pro is totally good for this game but at that price if you’re close enough why not go for the prem.

#10320 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I have had Turtles since release and do like the game a lot. The main problem of the game is the brutal nature of both the layout and the code. The code on the game is very unique in that it offers a mode based progression in which the different modes are very unique but it also adds a lot of objectives that you have to obtain in order to reach the end of the game. Other than the modes, the other objectives are all hurry up based. So the game can be very stressful in trying to collect those hurry ups. A majority of them can only be obtained once per ball so if it is missed you are out of luck. I like games where I feel like I can get it all on ball 3 if I am lucky. Turtles is not like that. It is just a different style game that you need to play in a certain way.
To me, the code is one of the most unique coded games but also the most frustrating and not coded well games. But in a medium to large collection it should fit just fine.
A lot of the hurry based objectives are based on the center loop and center ramp shots. In my opinion these two shots are very clunky and do not work very well. I feel like Borg did a much better job on these two shots on Rush. Feels way better designed on Rush. Not saying its horrible on Turtles. It feels great hitting those shots on Turtles but can be very frustrating when these shots are very important on Turtles.

100% agree turtles with the smoothness of the Rush upper loop and ramp would be so amazing. Those shots on turtles just don’t seem to hit as well. Also multiple upper loops are very hard to hit since it’s so fast I do like the way Rush slows it down just a bit so it’s repeatable.

1 week later
#10345 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Got a Pro that the optos work in test for pizza lock. Cleaned the optos but the game during game play does not register at all. Ball just passes through. All boards say ok & no tech alerts. Guess it has been like this for some time on location. Thanks for any help!

I think people had some issues with the post not being engaged and the ball bounces out on a really good hit to the van might be something to check

#10360 1 year ago

I just feel like the scoring compared to other games is irrelevant, what I would like to see it’s better scoring between mode and multiballs. I see people streaming and getting like 13 million super jackpots during MB but a mode completion is like a million points if you don’t have Ralph at level 4 just more balance there would be a good thing.

#10425 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question regarding this. How do you relight Ninja pizza multiball? I’ve done it a couple of times but didn’t quite understand what I did to qualify it.

You have to progress through 4 modes then do the Team-Up mini wizard mode, this will allow you to do NPMB and Turtle Power MB again.

#10427 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That explains why I’ve only done it a couple times haha. Thanks!
I need to check my audits but I’m pretty sure I have roughly 150 plays in the 3 days I’ve owned it lol! Game is addictively fun.
Highlights for me that stand out so far:
• the red dimension mode is cool as heck
• Team up mode, while kicking my ass, is freakin sweet. Reminds me of HOTK on GOT. Just need to learn and understand it more so it’s not over as quick as it begins lol
• Lighting and moments are freaking fantastic. A true Dwight staple that sets his games above anyone else’s IMO.
• love how fast the game and modes are.
• Half shell challenge is sweet.
Biggest criticism so far: making a right ramp or right loop shot and getting blinded by the Dwight show making it difficult to combo the upper flipper shot lol.

Each mode you complete in the lead up to team up mode will give you perks for that. I think one of the modes, mousers maybe, will allow you to use the inlanes to spot shot which can be a huge advantage.

3 weeks later
#10563 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

I have a new TMNT insider not set up yet, for me and my wife don't see why we need it,are you saying there is a lot of things we don't see by not being connected. Thanks

Probably not a lot you aren’t seeming but with IC you can keep your turtle level from game to fame which can increase scoring especially with Ralph.

You also can go after achievements which can be a different way to play rather than just for score or episodes.

2 weeks later
#10640 1 year ago
Quoted from 20SidedDies:

Have you ever been to or ordered from Carolina Pinball? Considering making a purchase but due to the distance would have to do some type of wire transfer. The pin I was buying isn’t one listed on their site and was a reference from someone else that I don’t know. (I asked to buy person A’s machine and they referenced Norm from Carolina pinball and gave me his number)
The address provided seems to be for a heating warehouse which has me concerned….
Does anyone have any interaction with Norm and or Carolina pinball?

Check Sterns website if they are a authorized distributor. I'd imagine there are plenty of TMNTs around at different dealers just use sterns website and call around. Also lots of very nice used games listed here on pinside to save yourself a few hundred bucks.

1 week later
#10665 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So is this game a ballbuster for average/below average players?
Son keeps bugging me to get it but I watched the SDTM video and they loved the game but said it took a lot of time on it to reach that point. We have quite a few casual guests come over to play and if its too hard they will play one ball and walk away.
Theme to us is great we love TMNT, features seem good as well.
Just looking for legit feedback (and yes I know you guys all own it and are biased).

I’ve only played on location but I would agree it’s a tough shooter for sure, the theme definitely draws in casuals but the game can be brutal. There is coop mode which is cool but even still if you are the one making all the progress might not be too fun for others.

1 week later
#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Physical knocker settings for free ball credits. Any one know which adjustment that is?

If you’re talking about a “knock” when your replay is set to extra ball there is no option for this it just makes the extra ball call out when earned.

My World Cup would knock on extra ball which was awesome I wish stern would allow this, it would make me actually buy a physical knocker.

#10739 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you carry progress with Insider? Or just training progress?

Just turtle training level

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How does that work with players that aren't insider connected in the same game?

They just start at level one each new game.

#10746 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So my scores with IC will be inflated comapred to my kid's scores without IC....

Probably yeah, each turtle has a different perk some might not effect scoring as much as others.

1 week later
#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

I’ll give you TEN (10) United States doll hairs for the source files!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#10976 10 months ago
Quoted from DBHashman93:

Hey all, I thought I saw reference to this in the past but cannot find it in the key post list. Anybody have a fix for airballs coming off the target to the right of the left ramp? This has been getting progressively worse, with balls flying into the rail, up and over into the right outlane, etc. the pizza is flush with the playfield, so I don’t think balls are getting air heading into the target. Seems more like the target has bent back. Any ideas for a fix are welcome!

Maybe this would help?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

I know you said it was aligned ok but this might be sturdier to not move as much? Or cut a new piece of standup foam with a larger wedge at the top?

4 months later
#11389 5 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

Joined the Club today with an LE.
new balls, cleaned playfield, set at 6.1, seams slow except during multiballs, so might increase that a bit.
now for mods.....
[quoted image]

Yeah I would think at least 6.5 for any modern stern

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneekicklou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=kneekicklou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.