(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

...I am going stir crazy waiting on my Premium.

Know the feeling, my LE is ready but I've been out of town and can't take delivery... it's driving me nuts. Never actually wanted a vacation to end till now, lol. Very excited to get this one set up and playing my first LCD pin.

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Will do. I'm hoping i can get the game fixed. If not ill just end up selling it and maybe buy one used down the road. I damn sure will never be buying another NIB stern again.

Quoted from Bundy:

To be able to make adjustments and simple maintanance is also part of owning pinball machines regardless of who made it. They all require tinkering over time to work. You can't just plug in the cord and expect them to work for years without ever having to touch them.
But yes it is frustrating when they don't work out of the box.

Completely understand your frustration Mrawesome44, however, don't let it discourage you too much. While not perfect, Stern makes some fantastic games which can be fun for years. Both used and NIB can have issues as I've seen both.

As Bundy mentioned, pinball is a hobby fit for tinkerers. The more you learn, even if its from fixing your NIB machine, the better off you'll be in the long run and the more you'll enjoy your machines, imo at least. I actually had to teach myself to solder, not well albeit, to fix a switch. You have this site which has a lot of great people willing to help you navigate issues. Hang in there.

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If your diverter is hitting your ramp you most likely have loose or misaligned components. Putting felt or whatever on your ramp is addressing the symptom, not the problem. Tighten your diverter flap and plunger / linkage to avoid it completely detaching.
Started having some very intermittent scrachiness from the bottom speaker. Haven't started messing with it yet if anybody has already seen / resolved a similar issue let me know.

Good point. Has anyone who tightened the diverter had it come loose again?

2 weeks later
#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How the hell can you justify rating a game you have never played?

I could never justify rating a game that I haven't spent enough time on to fully understand the rules and strategy, let alone just played.

Seems like some put too much value on theme as well. I have no interest in EHOH as a theme, but I thought the game was great! The theme would, in part, just keep me from buying it. I'm okay giving props to a game I won't ever own.

Hoping to get my TMNT this week, been a long wait.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

In fact that is exactly what I did. Thank you for pointing out my very rookie error.

If it makes you feel better, today I had to show my kid and his friend that a drill goes two ways... they couldn't figure out why the screw wasn't going in.

#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Box has some gouges. Crossing my fingers amd hoping it's in one piece.
[quoted image]

Hope there's no damage.

You should be fine, but I'd document the unboxing just in case.

#2275 3 years ago

Unboxed an LE yesterday with a build date of June 26th.

Has some pooling on both sides of the apron and at the LAIR star post. Playfield looks okay, however, it does look a bit grainy. Not as bad as others that have been posted, but I'm questioning whether it's the grainy version or not.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think you need to stop worrying about it on your LE. It will tarnish your enjoyment of your game.
Rob

Who's worried?

#2283 3 years ago

The upgraded glass is fantastic, I've never seen it in person. I took a second look as I walked by wondering why I hadn't put the glass back on... it was.

1 week later
#2568 3 years ago

What's the likelihood that the pooling chips and what causes it to chip? I'd rather not try my luck fixing it if it can be avoided.

#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It will chip eventually. jjPotC proved that. The vinyl repair iron works and is cheap. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

Thanks vireland. The pooling would be a non-issue for me if it didn't chip or get worse over time. Sent info to my disti to document and see if Stern will do anything.

Getting a bit frustrated as my last NIB, GB LE, had the ghosted inserts (Stern did replace the pf).

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Yes I found the listing on Mezel's, but they are out of the TMNT protector.

Check under the What's New section, TMNT stuff is there

However, you'll have to email cliff anyway to purchase I believe

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I spent several hours installing my protector. It took me even longer because I was adding mylar and washers while fixing the lair guide. It took me a little less time to add a protector to Judge Dredd. TMNT has lots of stuff to remove from playfield. I think there were around 9 connectors underneath the playfield and 4 at back of playfield that needed to be unplugged.

I give you guys props. Would love to put one of those on, but I'd be the guy with multiple parts leftover and not sure where they should have gone lol

3 weeks later
#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are we meant to just rollover, take our playfields apart As soon as we get a new pin and do what Stern can’t be bothered to do? Or if we miss a bit, are we meant to repair as best we can and then put a washer underneath?[quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed, I don't think we should have to spend hours trying to correct manufacturer defects.

My LE had a chip straight out of the box and has pooling spots all over the pf. Stern has offered a new playfield, but that doesn't fix the issue unless I pay someone $1k+ to swap them. This is the second NIB Stern game in a row I've bought with playfield defects. I won't keep buying and hoping for a "good" one. So unless something changes, this is my last Stern. Which is too bad, cause I love the games.

4 weeks later
#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My understanding is it is very difficult if not impossible to get a populated playfield anymore (even though in your case I think it is justified being a play issue).

Can confirm this as I am going through it at the moment for a playfield with multiple pooling spots. Being told they are no longer sending populated boards which is extremely disappointing.

Really struggling with whether I should return it or just keep it with the defects.

3 weeks later
#4635 3 years ago

If people are willing to pay $1k for a topper no reason not to sell for that much. But reminds me of:

Clark Griswald : So, what's the bill? Come on, come on, how much?
Mechanic 1 : How much you got?
Clark Griswald : No, I'm asking how much the repairs are.
Mechanic 1 : And I'm asking how much you got!
Clark Griswald : You're out of your mind. Look, I don't have time to play around, OK? So how much is it?
Mechanic 1 : [waving a wrench] All of it, boy!

1 week later
#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thanks! Yeah everyone who plays it loves it. Tried not to over do the mods. Tried to keep it tasteful and fun.

As a general rule, not a fan of mods. However, yours look great and that's exactly how I would classify it, tasteful and not over the top. Well done!

If it wasn't one of my top themes I would have saved some money and gone for a pro for sure as I don't think it loses much.

1 week later
#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

I would solidly go with TMNT if not for the lair shot, but with, I think I that takes enough shine off TMNT to be a toss up between the two.

I know this has been asked before, but haven't seen a solid answer, how are people hitting the lair shot consistently?

I'm not one to shy away from tough shots, but I have not been able to find the angle/flipper to hit it on a regular basis. I haven't put a ton of games on it yet, but I'm getting to the point where I just hope I get a lucky bounce to trigger training.

#5035 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips, am now able to hit the shot with the flipper drop technique and not just ignore that mode. Will try backhanding it next.

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/marco-specialties-introduces-super-bands-high-reliability-pinball-flipper-bands-from-jcs-pinball/
Go for the green ones. They behave a bit differently to rubber. I find it does not bounce the ball out of the lair.

Is this cheating...? asking for a friend.

1 month later
#5685 3 years ago

Anyone get a replacement playfield yet?

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice. I'm at about 2 months with no word on mine. Hoping to get one soon.

Got a delivery notification from UPS today, for delivery tomorrow, for mine. Hadn't heard a word in months.

1 week later
#5862 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Another piece of the puzzle has arrived. These Dominos boxes are based on the TMNT 1990 movie. There are flyers/coupons I may put on.

You need to stop. I'm not a topper guy, however, yours looks so good I'm tempted to replicate. Well done.

#5953 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I already fell in, the statues and sewer cover arrived today. Hoping to figure out a way to mount it all soon lol.

Just when I finally had the balls to say "no, I don't need it", someone posts the statues on sale at GS. Damn you. I'm in.

3 months later
#6640 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It almost seems like the game kind of got skipped over by a lot of people because of the timing of the release. It shoots really good, the call outs and music are great, and it's quite a challenging game overall. I think the game could still use some balancing for both scoring and objectives but what's there is pretty fun to play.

I was thinking the same thing. After the typical initial criticism it started to pick up some steam and then... Avengers came, and TMNT seemed to be forgotten about almost immediately.

I love the game but am struggling a bit getting into a groove with it. I think it's the scoring/objectives balancing you mention. I'll shoot well and hit shoots, look up and I've got 2M. Maybe I just need to be more strategic with my play. I think it's one of those games that make you a better player, similar to XMEN. Still a fun, beautiful, and challenging game.

3 weeks later
#6796 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

... I haven't heard of any pooling or other issues with TMNT, but some of the first run (I think it was pro only, but not positive) ended up with grainy art, as if the printer were running out of ink...

My LE has pooling throughout, which was my second straight NIB with PF issues (GB ghosting). I did the pooling fix on some spots, but am not able to get to a lot of spots unless I tear down the entire PF. Hope it lasts. Stern has corrected both to some extent, but I think I've come to terms with just accepting the imperfections.

Which is why I'm considering a JP and DP pro. Was able to play JP, but can't find a DP pro to play. Hearing it shoots better than the premium and debating that or AIQ. Any feedback on DP Pro?

1 year later
#9317 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I have a love/hate relationship with TMNT. Had mine since day 1 and prob wont get rid of it since the LE is such a beautiful piece of artwork.

Feel the same way - have an LE as well. Want to love it so bad, but I just can't get into it. I think I'm a decent player, but can't break 44M on this one. Some games I'm hitting shots only to look up and see that I haven't broken 3-4M yet. Maybe I just don't know the rules well enough to score well, but it's been the most frustrating pinball ownership experience for me and I like tough games.

Just got JP prem and it's gotten me back into loving playing again. It has that "one more game" vibe and I know if I hit my shots I can have a decent scoring game.

Any chance we will get a code update on TMNT, or is it viewed as done?

#9320 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

TMNT is my only pin, but I've played tons of others for many years (I'm an old) so take this with a grain of salt:
I totally understand this sentiment around scoring. If you're playing for points instead of progress, then this game can be an odd one.
When I drain my last ball, I know exactly how many episodes I finished. It's rare that I look at or care how many points I've scored.

I've always looked at score correlating with progression, but it's an interesting point. Maybe I need to change my perspective for this one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
6,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=kell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.