(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1023 3 years ago

Missed out on the LE so just pulled the trigger on a pro. Without all the LE goodies i just cant see the value in promoting to a premium. Pro seems a lot of bang for your buck. Now for the wait.

2 weeks later
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Is it just me or does it seem like the medieval madness guys come out in force to keep anything else from being on top but a 30-year-old game I seen a rating of one on turtles that would’ve made it the worst game in history I don’t see how someone could hate it that much

You couldn’t give me a medieval madness.... boring as batshit of a game.

#2106 3 years ago

The pro should cater for single ball locks in the lair... the lair switch would suffice?

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Complete speculation here.....original run pfs were done on normal print settings which takes longer because it uses higher print density but aren’t grainy.
Once they discovered the clearcoat issues under the posts, they urgently changed the art around the posts, and had to rush printing the new pf’s so as not to hold up the production line. Rushing the pf’s means grainy art.

That makes sense. My pro is due Sept. I hope they have sorted it out for following runs.

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Love mine, no issues, just plain fun. It’s always great to hear non owners bitch about stern quality in the owners only thread. I get it, you won’t buy one because of the poor quality.
Also, I thought there was forum already setup to complain about stern quality issues.

There is. I gave that thread the finger. Just a bunch of endless complaining that never goes anywhere.

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone added a shaker to a pro yet? curious if it has much use in the current code.

Im not going for a shaker on this one... dwights usual coding efforts with shakers is passable at best... save some coin is my advice.

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The game is so hard, its just frustrating every time. I made i to the wizard mode two times.
Brick shots everywhere, just tell me one save shot... not even talking about the left outlane.
The code makes it not rewarding and with all those hurry ups interupting episodes (sound) i do not feel connected to story.
What i also really miss is the kinetic satisfaction, not even close to JP2 or DP. I want do FEEL the game.
I am sure the game will drop down the top 100... I really wanted to love this game. I will wait for the next code update but you cant fix physics, just code.
just some info how you get the Extraball (super boring)...
Take Michelangelo plunge around the orbit hold up the upper flipper and the ball will hit the pizza target, let it drain.
Ballsave, repeat. On the 3rd ball shoot the ball lock, plunge around the orbit again and get your pizza slice, repeat until multiball.
Everytime you lose a ball make the orbit plunge and collect a pizza slice. you can only collect in between modes.
with 14 slices you light your EB... boring but the extra ball will help you for mode progression.

Dude if it was the game physics we’d be hearing how crap they are from mor than just a couple of owners. The physics and shots are fine. Overplaying a game can be just as bad as underplaying it... maybe give the game a rest and come back to it.

#2736 3 years ago

I think Dwight copped a little flack after star wars for blowing out scores with multipliers so he pulled it back on munsters... a step in the wrong direction I think. Lyman seems to have the scoring balanced perfectly. If your a good player you get rewarded with huge scores.
Dwight has course corrected way too far. If i want to play a low scoring game i just fire up a JJP game. Some juicy and lucrative scoring and crazy multipliers is what I like about dwights coding... this low scoring stuff just pisses me off c'mon dwight sort it.

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Isn't scoring all relative? Good games are going to score higher than bad games, whether that's a good 25bil on AFM or a good 1mil on WOZ.

Definitely. Good point. Its just the feeling of getting some big jackpots and seeing all that money roll over to your score... at present its missing on this game. Never really been a fan of low scoring games... all in the mind I know... but still. I guess its personal taste too.

#2861 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Turtles down under. At last.
[quoted image]

Great news... mine is in the September shipment. Can't wait. What's the pf like?

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hitting the dimension, 2x playfield and add time starts the pizza up. Which causes a pulse.

Only the mezel mods glider which is powered by a GI bulb.
Does anybody else have shaker pulse for pizza spinning up and down??

Putting any powered mods aside from factory stuff on these newer spike games is a gamble at best. Your playing Russian roulette. 9 out of 10 mods might be fine but it only takes that one dodgy mod and you can fry a node board or cause an intermittent current issue... if your lucky.

I personally don't go near the overpriced crap but hey it's your game...

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Borg and Dwight and the rest of the team have created a fast challenging game that is deep enough for me and fun enough for the family. Ball times are not long, so good multiplayer. Team 2vs 1 creates great trash talking of wife and daughter against me. Haven’t even tried co-op.
Shots are varied. I have nothing else like this layout. Left ramp and orbits easy. Inner loops and ramp very satisfying. Right ramp I suck at and pizza lock too. Once you get it going, feels good. Fun for spectators too. Can be a bit of bricking whilst trying to learn shots, but not too frustrating.
The pizza multiball is cool! Best start to multiball ever!!
I was a bit nervous About the soul of the game. There have been a few posts how people feel nothing whilst playing it, no connection. I’m not having this problem at all. The episodes are great, don’t worry about the just shooting flashing shots comments. You can say that about any pinball. The RGB inserts light up clearly for each turtles weapon shots and differentiates between episode shots and other turtle shots. It cycles between the different colours when The same ramp satisfies different objectives. Each objective has its colour. I haven’t completed Dimension X yet. But when the evil turtle guy transports you there it’s a woah moment. The playfield goes red, it’s intense. Best lighting we have.
We are Moderate Fans of turtles. Only owned it for one week but fairly confident it offers enough breadth and depth to keep it here.

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying it. I get mine in about 2 weeks can't wait. The pizza multiball does look great but it is identical start as xmen so it doesn't really have that never been done before factor but its still awesome.

1 week later
#3463 3 years ago

Anyone from oz get their turtles this week?

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Yes, got my LE.

Nice... thoughts

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyone else have shooter lane height issues on the pro??

I get my pro this evening from Sydney. I'll check mine out

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks John. Put the time in to put the washers under the pizza parlour entrance and the lair.
How are Australian distros with chipping?

Thanks for the advice. Are these areas prone to chipping? Can you put up picks of specific areas you added washers to. Cheers.

Depends on the severity of the chipping I would say. Plus the use of the game. I would be taking photos of any chipping and send to Michael.

#3610 3 years ago

My tmnt pro is a late July build. Just curious as there is Mylar under the pizza shop guide rail and left orbit. Also the angle of the lair shot seems to be fine. Probably will still put a washer under the rail to make sure.

Also just a code thing I hope they fix. Pizza multiball start pisses me off. The screen for the topping perks is never on long enough... stuffed if I'm going to remember what each topping does.

#3635 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I’m enjoying this game so much, and keeps growing on me the more I play it, I hear people saying it’s a hard game, but I’m starting to get the feeling they are relating it to the low scores. The more I play the better I get at making the shots and tend to have reasonable lengthy games, but I do agree that the scoring would change this game (at least for me) I feel that after having a 15-20 minute game with 35 mil is a bit underwhelming, but if that was 350 mil it would feel much better IMO.
Anyone else of the same idea that the scoring would take this game to another level?

I agree, I get the whole relative thing but... low scoring is boring. Not sure why dwight went back to lower scoring.

Anyone doing anything to make the lair shot more workable/gettable as in deadening the metal area etc. I get rejects from the metal guide rails.

#3676 3 years ago

Just a quick rule check. How do u start to requalify both multiball locks

#3679 3 years ago
Quoted from post-hitter:

After team up multiball both regular multiballs are relit to play again

Ok interesting. So its a progressive set up not qualified by physical shots.

#3796 3 years ago

I installed new code on my pro... really not noticing much at all. It was a very small update. I even considered not bothering and waiting for the next one.
I would really like dwight to address the scoring issues... Jackpots (aside from cowabunga progress) are not worth going for at all... i simply aim for getting octopus and Max out switch hit frenzy during multiball.
Dwight usually places a lot of emphasis on gaining Jackpots. This game the jackpots are garbage.
When there is an obvious scoring inbalance or scoring exploit it should get sorted.

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As an ex LE owner (although the game is now owned by my mate 20 doors down the road from me) go Pro!
For the difference in price the Pro is the winner (typical Borg the man knows how to make killer pros!) I actually prefer the stopper on the ramps a lot more than the diverter, the pro gives you a moment to catch your breathe while with the Prem/LE you don’t get a second to think.
2 way pizza disc, playing pro and LE almost back to back I couldn’t tell you the 2 way has anymore effect on the balls than the single disc on the Pro both add a tonne of randomness and fun.
Then you have the diverter (servo) and the TMNT truck (diverter) issues to deal. Plus you never loose out with a Borg pro they are a riot to play.

Unless you love the theme ie it's your dream theme the upgrade to prem simply is not worth the money for this game. They needed to strip the pro a bit more. Id actually be annoyed if I was a premium buyer at how good value the pro is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.