(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Right...I would buy 4 was available... I'm a turtles nut, have 3 have turtles tattoos.. some reason comes in 3 and not 4...lol

Let’s see those TMNT tattoos! Here is mine.

6AEBE6ED-CF9A-4487-A294-2127AF9EC528 (resized).jpeg6AEBE6ED-CF9A-4487-A294-2127AF9EC528 (resized).jpeg
#542 3 years ago

The middle button is barely used on the pro. It would be cool if they added an option to save multiball or 123 by hitting the button.

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

I have a shaker motor it only really goes off when you hit a super jackpot. It was a letdown for me I thought it was broken at first lol

Xaqery Hey Dwight, is the shaker motor supposed to act differently between the LE and Pro? I got a pro and am trying to decide if I need to pick up a shaker motor as well. Thanks!

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

The shaker is the same for the PRO and PREM/LE.
I am adding more support for the shaker in the next release.

Xaqery thank you for answering questions like this!

1 week later
#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

No, the topper is not from Stern.

That topper is awesome! Is it custom made or did you buy it somewhere? If purchased do you care to share a link?

#1311 3 years ago

Xaqery The new code looks amazing! Does the Final Battle challenge record your time? If not do you think that could be added or a separate high score option showing who can do it the fastest instead of best score? Just thinking of speed running capabilities.

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Are there differences in lightning between the Pro and LE?

Nope.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Plastics installed by silver ball design and they are excellent. They look amazing in person
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance they would make a set in pink as the artwork directly below it is showing the ooze in pink?

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While the ooze closer to the player is pink, the ooze directly beneath the set is green, and appears to perfectly follow the shape of the ooze. The ooze on the slings and inlane plastics is also green, so green seems to be the best match in this case (pink may also discolor the green ooze on the playfield beneath it when looking through).

[Just my observation--I have no affiliation with the mod]

My bad. I don’t have my game yet and am just looking at pictures. I know your ooze canister only comes in pink so I thought all the ooze was pink. I did not notice the green ooze on those plastics or below on the playfield. Looks like green is the way to go.

1 week later
#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd vinyl repair iron it out, stick a mylar ring on it and you're fixed. yelobird pioneered the technique on jjPotC and it's been an awesome way to address these pooled areas before they become a problem. The heat seems to cure the clear more so it's harder at that area and doesn't pool again.

Do you have a link that explains how to do this?

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After owning this game my assumption is no question correct - the speed on the ramps is way too fast to effectively use the diverter. It's actually so fast that just handling the ball is sometimes challenging. Just fyi based on owner experience
Thank you Stern for saving me money!

I 100% agree. Even if you could control the diverted with a button next to the flipper I still think the ramps would be too fast. All diverter movement would still have to be preemptive. I am very happy that I picked the pro model.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

In agreement. Going for pro. Also check out lermods. He has a krang that lights up with the bumper flasher. Just ordered.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang
Considering the price of the krang neca kit not a bad deal at all.
This makes the pro even closer to premium.

Welllllll crap. There goes $120 I wasn't planning on spending. That looks perfect. No complaints from me at all now picking the Pro over the other models.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Got my TMNT Pro today, was built Aug 4th. has the super awesome inkjet playfield....put in a ticket for a replacement. FML
[quoted image]

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. Reach out to your distributor.

#2107 3 years ago

Those with grainy print... Do you have art under your left star post? Mine doesn’t. My guess is when they fixed the art they either changed vendors or changed something in their printing process.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes sir!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You are doing God’s work.

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I think all of these inkjet playfields are pretty grainy. Any chance we're just seeing variation based on camera quality? Has anyone seen a "good one" and a "bad one" side by side?
Here's mine- definitely "grainy", but doesn't seem too bad to me all things considered.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have art under your left Outlane star post?

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Ok you guys were right , the tmolding was missing the plastic , didn’t even think of looking at that . Here is pictures of all
3 playfields . The one that looks the best has the art under the star post .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These photos support my thoughts that I discussed in my latest podcast. Stern changed the art by removing the art under the star post (which is great) but they also either changed their printing device, resolution, or are using a different vendor. These do not look nearly as good as the earlier playfields that have the art under the star posts.

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Ok you guys were right , the tmolding was missing the plastic , didn’t even think of looking at that . Here is pictures of all
3 playfields . The one that looks the best has the art under the star post .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are the dates on the edge of the playfields for each?

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Complete speculation here.....original run pfs were done on normal print settings which takes longer because it uses higher print density but aren’t grainy.
Once they discovered the clearcoat issues under the posts, they urgently changed the art around the posts, and had to rush printing the new pf’s so as not to hold up the production line. Rushing the pf’s means grainy art.

Agreed. That was my same assumption.

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

50 games in and my balls are magnetized slightly, getting stuck together and not coming out of the van lock. Fortunately I planned for this and have some carbon steel balls for the game.

Where do you suggest getting these from?

#2420 3 years ago

Xaqery any chance you could have the lock bar button light the same color as the turtle you pick? I feel it is odd it is always blue. Thanks for an amazing game!

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nice job. We have one similar. I was hesitant to tap off the node board and most of our customers cant solder so we tapped off the pop bumper with clips, it’s just easier for most people. Ours can be retrofitted if anyone wants to solder as shown by Prodoshi. We mount ours over the screw on the hex post with a mount we made, I think it’s more stable. Prodoshi, if you want the mount, let me know, happy to send you one.

I bought yours and it works great. You are saying I can take the alligator clips and connect it to the node board like he has without issue?

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you have to cut the alligator clips off and solder to the wires like he did. One of the clips has a mark on it, that is the power wire (red wire), the other wire is the ground (black wire). it's all 5v.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I noticed the same along with some other sketches buried in the software. I was thinking if using that to replace the horrific April they included in the final code but ended up just pasting in the one from the cartoon!

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the pasted April. It is great.

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Damn. Twice today during multiball, As th Van was loading back up, I hit the right ramp and the balls got stuck in the van. After a very long ball search,the van spit out like 4 or 5 balls. I didn’t really count . Anyway. Twice today. This can be fixed with code maybe ? The game is so fast, the glider misses stopping the ball pretty often,not a big deal, the air balls tho,wow, they are getting worse and intense ! Hitting glass soooo hard . Otherwise. Great game. This is an le/premium issue only I think
Oh. I made my own episode custom lights . Cheap n easy,really easy

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

What material is this?

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Iron Maiden is coded so the song you select changes when you release the flipper button rather than when you press it. This allows you to select a song and then hold the left flipper for super skill shot with changing your selected song.
Turtles would benefit from this approach as well. Really, any game with an option to select something before the plunge would.

Agreed! Xaqery it is a pain to have to scroll past the turtle you want and then go back to hold the left flipper down for a full plunge.

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I think I can find a compromise. I love the very short pulse when the disc begins to spin for a couple seconds. It makes sense to me that the game would shake a bit when a giant pizza starts to spin. I think I might remove the shake from the disc stopping.
I also think I can find a couple other areas to add some shakes too. I also think I can tweak some of the existing shaking to be a bit more interesting.

In my opinion you can’t have enough shaker. Just adds more dimension. Code in everything you want and that becomes the Maximum setting. People can pick a different setting if they don’t want as much.

My only request is to have the action button change to the same color of the turtle you are playing. I think it is weird it is always blue.

Lastly in Krangs second mode there are two red shots that move. What is the significance of them compared to the yellow shots? The prompt just says shoot lit shots.

So far I’m loving this game!

1 week later
#3289 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Anyone who is interested in possible playfield resolution issues should consider listening to last month's
(Aug 10) "Just another pinball Podcast" Episode 8. at about 35 min in Joel (professional printer!) talks about his new TMNT playfield and possible reasons for the resolution issue. very educational.

Thanks for the shoutout!

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Any pictures showing the issue? would like to compare it to mine just to check.

This is a screenshot of the document we sent to Stern. My playfield is on the right. The vertical lines from the print head bother me more that the graininess. If they are going to print at a lower resolution that is fine, but they need to at least print it without defects.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.19.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.19.00 PM (resized).png

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Any word on the resolution to your playfield?

Not yet.

1 week later
#3534 3 years ago

Looks great! You might need to do the side mirrors now too

3 weeks later
#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just happened to me today too. Granted I'm on my 1987 code, I'm glad to see it's not something I borked up.

Same with me.

#4070 3 years ago

5 upper loops in a row. The best I've done so far. What a fun shot.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldDaintyCurrySuperVinlin

1 week later
#4241 3 years ago

Extra ball used to be after 2 modes and now it looks to be after 3 modes in v1.22. When did that change?

#4244 3 years ago

I will have to look at that. Thanks!

#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I used this kit, all green. Was actually a much easier install then I thought. Once you get remove the two wireforms you can access just about everything. I didn't worry about PF color matching. Green everywhere looks great.

What kit?

#4396 3 years ago

TMNT is a challenging game but I do feel like I'm improving every time I play it. I have had ZERO issues with my PRO and have no regrets going with it over the Premium/LE.

#4551 3 years ago

Has anyone thought about adding the small TV with screen mod from TSPP/TZ and putting it on their TMNT with Turtles clips instead?..

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

[quoted image]

Looks way better without the TMNT logo.

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone put one of those mini TVs in their TMNT?

I mentioned this a few posts back. I think it is a great idea!

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thinking near the lair , makes sense thematically

I was thinking below the ramp stopper on a Pro machine. The tv is printed right there on the playfield

#4695 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok got the TV installed over the . I’d like to make a bracket to angle it up a hair but it works . Thought about putting it where the TV is on the playfield but it will be blocked by the ramps and glider .
[quoted image]

Love it! Where did you get the video?

1 week later
#4829 3 years ago

I actually don’t like it when you pick modes in a game. Typically you end up picking the same modes every time which means you miss a bunch of the game and get bored faster.

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Upgraded Speakers
Art Blades
Shaker Motor
Krang Toy Mod
Mutagen Tank
Mini Turtle Van on Right Ramp
Technodrome MezelMod
Glider Stopper Mod
Pizza Flippers
Mikey Head Shooter Rod
Flasher Turtle Shells
I may be missing some. He said he has put on just about every mod he thought looked good.

The question is if you want or like those mods. Personally I love my pro and would highly recommend it. A pro new is pretty close to that price so it seems like a good deal if you like the mods. If you are going to remove a bunch of them then not so much.

3 weeks later
#5144 3 years ago

I just saw the TMNT armor here. Anyone planning on getting it? Would love to see a picture of it on the pin.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-armor

1 week later
#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just got my Tilt Graphics art blades installed. I’m a little torn on these. I like the concept and subtlety but kind of wonder if I should have gone with the Stern ones. I love their action button plate though!
I also mounted my original Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Need to get a Krang at some point. Never had him when I was a kid. My turtles and Splinter are on top of the back box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

The lockdown decal. Is that metal? Or just a sticker

2 weeks later
#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

My GF gifted me this amazing custom backlit TMNT wooden logo.
[quoted image]

That looks sick. Any chance you can share where she got it from?

3 months later
#6520 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I just use Pinmonk’s quiet fan, installation is quick and easy, I currently have them in 5 of my games. Stern’s fans are ridiculously loud to be sure, so any fix is worth it.

Pinmonk’s stuff is great. I have replaced all my game fans with his.

4 months later
#7317 2 years ago

I vote purple as well. That is what I’m considering for mine!

#7331 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Reduce flipper power. Trust me.

Can you still backhand the right ramp if you reduce the flipper power?

#7354 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yep. I’m down to 190 and can still backhand the right ramp.

What angle do you play at? My right flipper is default power at 6.5 degrees and sometimes it doesn't make it all the way up the right ramp.

#7371 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyBriskets:

FYI, GameStop TMNT villain statues are heavily discounted. Normal price was $49.99, just bought Krang for $22.79 (including extra 5% off as a GameStop pro member.
Link here with others in the suggested section:
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/statues/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredder-statue/11110510.html?condition=New
Nice quality statues for your custom toppers.

Welp, there goes $50 for Bebop and Rocksteady. Thanks!

4 weeks later
#7558 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Hi peeps, found this screw in the bottom of the cab, have no idea where it came from. Its very specific looking (looks like it can only be hand tightened, no screw slot and its round, not shaped like a nut) so I'm hoping someone will know where its from? Thanks
[quoted image]

It is part of the coin mech.

11 months later
#9447 1 year ago

Can you play a 4 player co-op game and it count on the leaderboard? They had that issue with the Mando leaderboards

1 week later
#9555 1 year ago

I have been working with John and his Precision-Flip Flippers for a while now and recently he sent me one of every color so I could take some pictures. Overall I'm definitely on TEAM HALOGRAPHIC-PRO as those look incredible and play extremely well. They make backhanding the left ramp so much easier than stock flippers. I also highly suggest the metal bushings as well. Lastly the art on this game is incredible. Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

IMG_2380 (resized).jpegIMG_2380 (resized).jpegIMG_2381 (resized).jpegIMG_2381 (resized).jpegIMG_2382 (resized).jpegIMG_2382 (resized).jpegIMG_2383 (resized).jpegIMG_2383 (resized).jpegIMG_2384 (resized).jpegIMG_2384 (resized).jpegIMG_2385 (resized).jpegIMG_2385 (resized).jpegIMG_2387 (resized).jpegIMG_2387 (resized).jpegIMG_2388 (resized).jpegIMG_2388 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#9903 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Does anyone have a Turtles selection cover they would like to sell or an STL file…. Hoping someone has an extra or willing to sell theirs…[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m assuming PinMonk will make more…

2 weeks later
#10020 1 year ago

YUP. You are going to have to sell those....

10 months later
#11208 6 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Can anyone recommend a game like TMNT? I really enjoy it as a more simple game in my collection, I mostly just go for Final Battle and ignore score and Cowabunga unless I happen to get close to it.
What I like
- starting a mode is the same 3 shots every time so you can really learn to dial them in
- ball is captured on mode start so you can actually watch the animations
- audio you can quote on mode start
- mode completion isn't necessary to get to wizard mode
- only the modes are needed for wizard mode, no sjps in mbs, side modes etc
- epic wizard mode with stages and not just shoot shots till you light sjp
- music
- art
- fun atmosphere it creates (hard to quantify I know)
I also enjoy more complex games but have plenty of those already. Thanks!

Mando is a lot like that. Another Dwight game so similar in many ways.

#11230 5 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Half shell challenge? What is that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fountain Hills, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.