(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffgoldstein2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Premium for me... between now and then I have to decide if I sell BKSOR or Elvira to make room for TMNT... UGH.

Real word problems haha

1 week later
#393 3 years ago

The shot on the left of the game under the upper left side flipper is extremely difficult to hit. Any suggestions on this?

I also have a stern Star Trek and it has a similar shot on the Upper right side and that shot I consistently can hit with no problems.

#419 3 years ago

I have put 30 games on the pro now and the game is growing on me but I am annoyed by a few things.

Pros so far

The music and call outs are great. Turned up loud in my basement I feel the voice actors knocked this one out of the park. The music is great also. I thought I would get annoyed from the theme song but I actually love it when you go into multiball and the cover has grown on me!

95% of the game is quite fun to shoot! The game moves so fast that I don’t even think I would have time to use the diverter if I had a premium or LE. I normally start with a pro and then upgrade to a premium but after playing it a ton I don’t feel it is necessary. This maybe my favorite borg layout. I had previously owned an X-Men and I feel that the spinning disc on this game has a much better grip on the ball than xmen did. Adds a lot of randomness to the ball movement which is awesome.

Lighting is fantastic! Can play in a dark room with no problem. I LOVE the extra spot lights on the flippers and I hope this the standard moving forward. I actually am going to hold off installing pin stadiums on this title.

Shipped with complete code at 1.0! That is an amazing accomplishment. But this does lead me to my Cons.

Cons so far
I have few issues so far with the game. Hitting the training shot under the upper left flipper is no fun to shoot at due to all of the rejects. I put a super band on it and it helped a little bit. With the super Band I’m hitting the shot maybe 25% of the time instead of 10% of the time. The problem is that is Leonardos skill shot so I avoid playing as him.

If you play as Donatello you start the big multiball on your first shot up the right ramp. I feel in general the game is to multiball heavy. Especially with Donatello. In general with the rules as they are it is just to easy to get into multiball.

The shredder modes in general are a bit boring. They all feel the same and they don’t seem score big points when playing them. Maybe this is just a low scoring game!

Overall I do like the game a lot but I do feel the weakest part so far is the code. After playing a ton of Lyman games like Elvira and Walking Dead which are so fun to play, I am not having the same feeling with this code by Dwight. It is descent overall but I feel that it can be more polished and less repetitive feeling.

Looking forward to playing more.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

How would you compare it against Deadpool code?

Deadpool is a top 3 stern game for me. I feel the code on deadpool has come a long way and I personally love the battle modes on deadpool because it feels like your playing a video game. The modes feels less repetitive overall and it feels very rewarding when you complete a battle on DP.

The multiballs are much more challenging to earn in Deadpool. At least all of the multi balls other than the 2 ball multi-ball which I am not a fan of in deadpool.

At the current time I much prefer the rules on deadpool.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

not even a peep from automated services... do other distributors go out faster because they're closer with Stern? thinking about changing distributors..

Automated is usually really quick but not the best to deal with in my experiences.

I get most of my games the quickest through Trent from Tilt amusements who tends to get large stock for most stern games. I have bought 6 games from Trent and have been really happy.

Zach from flippin out pinball has really good communication with his clients also and is worth calling as well.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Automated is usually really but not the best to deal with.

I get most of my games the quickest through Trent from Tilt amusements who tends to get large stock for most stern games. Always had great experiences through the 6 games I purchased through him.

Zach from flippin out pinball has really good communication with his clients and is worth calling as well.

#547 3 years ago

Put up 35 million. Felt good!

#549 3 years ago

Code has grown on me this weekend. Nice job Dwight. Took a bit to get into but i am enjoying it a lot more!

Once you get turtle power multiball, how do you get it a 2nd time?

Also does the game have a mini wizard mode when completing any of shredders missions? Or half of the missions?

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

So after LE’s they’re doing premiums then going back to pros? Anyone confirm this?

After LE’s they had said they’re going back to Pros. Then premiums in early August or late July.

#696 3 years ago

LE owners, how often are you using the diverter button?

#870 3 years ago

This was brought up briefly before but my center ramp on pro doesn’t register 100% of the shots. Anyone else seeing this issue? Seems to register 50% of the shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffgoldstein2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=jeffgoldstein2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.